Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad - Gyun Woo

Maybe because he got booted out of the poll way sooner than I thought :P 

Now  that you mentioned it , I really didn't understand how he  was out of race besides being a scholar. Perhaps, because of his young age or he acted immaturely in the series. I think I failed to see him as father figure when compared with other characters:P

I'm way closer with my mom than with my dad

Aren't we all? I am also close to my mom than with my dad:), but I was expecting you would say that you are close to your dad than mom, :sweatingbullets: perhaps, it is another misconception created by social construct, that all the girls will be close to their  dad and boys will be close to their mom:o

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Now  that you mentioned it , I really didn't understand how he  was out of race besides being a scholar. Perhaps, because of his young age or he acted immaturely in the series. I think I failed to see him as father figure when compared with other characters:P

In part, it was luck of the draw - just who he wound up pitted against and the other character doing better, apparently. But while Gyun Woo was definitely too young and inexperienced during the drama itself, the events in the story seem to have gone a long way in helping him grow and mature - both Gyun Woo and Hye Myung are noticeably changed by the time we get to the end.

12 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

perhaps, it is another misconception created by social construct, that all the girls will be close to their  dad and boys will be close to their mom:o

I guess so. I've heard of that concept, but have no idea where it came from - nor have I ever taken it all that seriously, since there are so many exceptions out there.

By the way, I stumbled across this on Instagram and figured it'd be worth sharing:

What's funny is that, on the actual Instagram post, someone comments in Chinese: "Everybody gets fatter after enlisting" :P What do you guys think of that?

Also, someone shared these pics from Nae Il's Cantabile, including a behind-the-scenes shot I've never seen before (the one where JW's holding a camera).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kittyna said:

What's funny is that, on the actual Instagram post, someone comments in Chinese: "Everybody gets fatter after enlisting" :P What do you guys think of that?

I don't think Joo won got fat, but he kind of buffed-up. I really don't see any change in his facial features, but I do think his face does show he has aged in a good way:). Now he can play roles where he can act like a seasoned police officer, prosecutor, lawyer, Soldier(it would be good fit for me with that body) or an outlaw, I am kind of tired of seeing him in roles where  he plays like rookie(even though I have enjoyed it), but in "Bridal Mask and Ojakygo Brothers", where he had played as an senior detective, I was able to see his intensity in acting:), where he is able to lead, and be kind of ruthless :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I don't think Joo won got fat, but he kind of buffed-up.

Personally, I don't think he got fat either - obviously not in his body, but not even in his face. Instead, what I think happened to him (and many other celebrities) during their enlistment is that 1) celebrity enlistments just happen to coincide with a time when otherwise baby-faced East Asians start noticeably aging anyway (i.e. late 20s to early 30s), and 2) it's our first time seeing them without any sort of makeup whatsoever. Even when it's not noticeable stage makeup per se, actors will be wearing some degree of makeup any time they are seen in public for official or semi-official events - particularly things like foundation (to even out skin tone), contouring, etc. And it's the contouring makeup I really want to point out here, because a judicious use of lighter or darker shades can really change how a person's features look: making a nose look sharper or a jawline line slimmer or cheekbones more pronounced, etc. And even when that's not the case, when we're talking about selfies or pics posted on social media while hanging out with friends, etc., many people use filters and other minor touch-ups as well.

So, in my opinion, what we see during the enlistment are the actors' actual true faces: without makeup, with just average lighting, without the time or resources to really "look good" on camera using filters and such.

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I am kind of tired of seeing him in roles where  he plays like rookie(even though I have enjoyed it), but in "Bridal Mask and Ojakygo Brothers", where he had played as an senior detective, I was able to see his intensity in acting:), where he is able to lead, and be kind of ruthless :P

I doubt he'll be playing a rookie again anytime soon - those are usually pre-enlistment sort of roles. ;) I do think, for instance, that he's playing a more seasoned character in Alice, at least (since usually leads play the main detective rather than the hoobae assistant :P).

He may be the maknae in the upcoming Firefighters film, though - it looks like it from the casting. But I don't mind - maknae and rookie are two different things, because someone can still be experienced while being the youngest.

Finally, a quick announcement. For the time being, I have set aside my update to Seolleim in Salzburg in favour of the last thing I have prepped leading up to Father's Day: a special fic. It won't be like what I did for Mother's Day - since, as already pointed out, a good half of the father-child relationships in JW's dramas are really dysfunctional - so it's just a quick, one-drama-centred sequel story (i.e. featuring the drama's leads as parents).

BUT my question to you is this: based on this little teaser below (names of characters removed), which drama do you think it's for?

Spoiler

My daughter rushes in to help me as I stagger to my feet, the growing belly of this most recent pregnancy finally starting to weigh me down. As I smile down at her in thanks, her brow furrows in concern.

“Wae?”

“Eomma, how did you manage when I was in there?” she asks, her lips pressing into a tiny pout. “Or the twins?”

“Thank goodness for your father, then,” I quip back. “Although I’m certain I could have managed with just the staff, he was always there to help.”

Never mind all those times when, immediately after thanking him for said help, I’d rail at him for getting me into such a mess in the first place.

So, only a couple of clues to go by here - let's see how good your detective skills are ;) 

• Like 2

Just recently re-discovered these two quick interview videos from last year - for those who remember what some of his responses were to these same questions prior to his enlistment, it's interesting to see how much has changed in just a few years.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

BUT my question to you is this: based on this little teaser below (names of characters removed), which drama do you think it's for?

Jeez! It's really hard to guess, I mean there are no clues at all :bawling:, Lol!! Then, when I have read this line  "i.e. featuring the drama's leads as parents" I started to think from "king of baking: Kim takgu to My sassy girl". Like which sequel can it be, when you have mentioned "staff", my first though was to think it as a sequel of "King of baking: kim takgu", but I said to myself wait a minute, he is not that good of husband, yes he did changed in the end of the drama, but still I don't think he'll be there to help his wife during delivery of baby, because he needs to be a doctor, after torturing myself by thinking all the possible scenarios, I finally  narrowed it down to "YONG PAL". Since the female lead sounded like a person who had a strong personality, and staff to help her, so I though it could be Han Yeo-jin , and when you mentioned her husband helping her with delivery then I kind of he has to be a doctor, of course I could have mistaken it for Cha Yoon-seo and Park Si-on couple, but Park si-on never had experience in delivering child, since you need to be a "Gynecologist" for that. And Kim Tae-Hyun had some experience in delivering baby in the past. So my answer is "YONG-PAL". I must say in the beginning it was tough, since you have used  unnecessary information like infodemic, to smoke  screen the obvious answer, like mentioning "the twins, daughter" etc. ;) I do fear that I might end up looking like an idiot if  my answer was wrong, like a detective I stated my reasons and still was not able to give the right answer:lol:, like a detective in the drama who gives smart reasons and never manages to get the right perp :joy:

because someone can still be experienced while being the youngest.

Yeah, I know that concept, you can still be maknae even you are in the job for more than 10 years, it's like junior to your seniors for life. :lol:

I do think, for instance, that he's playing a more seasoned character in Alice

Yes, I do agree with you, since he was using variety of weapons in the teaser, which we can interpret that he is not a fresh graduate from Police academy:wink:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kittyna said:

it's interesting to see how much has changed in just a few years

Yeah, it's like he is a completely changed man, like his fav girl group was A-PINK, I was surprised when he choose "Black Pink" and "Twice" was not that of a surprise. :lol: But his attitude towards acting still remains same:)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Like which sequel can it be, when you have mentioned "staff", my first though was to think it as a sequel of "King of baking: kim takgu", but I said to myself wait a minute, he is not that good of husband, yes he did changed in the end of the drama, but still I don't think he'll be there to help his wife during delivery of baby, because he needs to be a doctor, after torturing myself by thinking all the possible scenarios, I finally  narrowed it down to "YONG PAL".

So my answer is "YONG-PAL". I must say in the beginning it was tough, since you have used  unnecessary information like infodemic, to smoke  screen the obvious answer, like mentioning "the twins, daughter" etc. ;) I do fear that I might end up looking like an idiot if  my answer was wrong, like a detective I stated my reasons and still was not able to give the right answer:lol:, like a detective in the drama who gives smart reasons and never manages to get the right perp :joy:

Well, as the person writing the thing, I obviously have an advantage here ;) But I did try to see what conclusion someone could reach with just the teaser and it does narrow down all eight dramas into just a handful of options, Yong Pal being one of them.

So, just to break it down, we have the following:

• A main drama couple who could potentially end up with a lot of kids (if you do the math, I mentioned three with a fourth on the way)
  • Mention of "staff", whatever you think that means
  • A husband who's willing to help his wife throughout her pregnancy (I actually meant that rather than just the birth/delivery, but good shot)
  • A wife who's got a tough, sometimes prickly personality

I don't know if clarifying my point about the husband helping his wife changes your thinking at all, but given your interpretation was about the delivery specifically...Yong Pal is a good guess :star:

But is it the correct answer? You'll have to wait for the final reveal to find out - which should be soon (either before or on Father's Day).

Yeah, it's like he is a completely changed man, like his fav girl group was A-PINK, I was surprised when he choose "Black Pink" and "Twice" was not that of a surprise. :lol: But his attitude towards acting still remains same:)

The biggest differences I noticed were about the girl groups - going from A-PINK to Black Pink and TWICE - and the films. In his earlier career, JW was a big fan of romantic movies like The Notebook or Romeo and Juliet. Maybe it's because he wanted something like that in life, or maybe it's because as a younger pre-enlistment actor, he and his agency assumed that the path to success was to star in a rom-com or other sort of light, fluffy, love-based drama. But that's clearly not his forte, and he's now looking into more diverse roles and genres, and looking towards veteran actors (e.g. Robert De Niro) as inspiration.

By the way, I did notice that he mentioned he was now into "science fiction, film noir, and documentaries" - possible clues that he was already seriously considering Alice back then? ;) JW's a master at the improvised plug like that: he tends to tailor his answers to stay relevant to what he's doing, who he's working with, etc.

Finally, a quick throwback to when JW worked with the same child actor twice: in Good Doctor and My Sassy Girl:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kittyna said:

A-PINK to Black Pink and TWICE

I kind of find no difference between A-pink and TWICE, but Black Pink was kind of surprise to me, since it is really not something I would imagine Joo won would select. Not that there is anything wrong, but it was kind of radical change in point of Joo won, since he is kind has conservative mind set, and Black pink is kind of unorthodox when it comes to making music videos, but it is good for me for exploring more areas and coming out of traditional mind set. :)

29 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Robert De Niro)

About this actor, I was not surprised, he did mentioned he wanted to get old graceful like him. So, maybe Joo won would select his next drama on basis of Robert De Niro  genre. :wink:

31 minutes ago, kittyna said:

same child actor twice: in Good Doctor 

This kid did an exceptional acting in Good Doctor, like I was able to feel his acting. And he had only few lines, but those few lines were delivered exceptionally, or for that matter all child actors in Good Doctor drama did an exceptional job. :)

33 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Yong Pal is a good guess 

Good guess?! That's what I get after extensive brainstorming and loss of few million neurons I get close to a "good guess", which is other way of saying wrong answer:bawling:

35 minutes ago, kittyna said:

So, just to break it down, we have the following:

• A main drama couple who could potentially end up with a lot of kids (if you do the math, I mentioned three with a fourth on the way)
  • Mention of "staff", whatever you think that means
  • A husband who's willing to help his wife throughout her pregnancy (I actually meant that rather than just the birth/delivery, but good shot)
  • A wife who's got a tough, sometimes prickly personality

After your elaboration of hints, I'll will rule out "Ojakgyo Brothers(since Baek Ja-eun will not call her family as staff), Bridal Mask(had a sad ending), Naeil's Cantabile(Since Female lead doesn't match in this description), My Sassy Girl(Duh! Because she is a princess and I don't see anyone near her during time of her delivery, not even her husband), ". So, that leaves me with 4 dramas, "Good Doctor, 7th Grade Civil Servants, Yong-pal and King of Baking: Kim Takgu". The way I see it, Good Doctor can be good fit, but I don't see Cha Yoon-seo referring Si-On as husband:joy:. 7th Grade civil servant is a possibility, but imagining them to settle down and have kids is too far fetched and have slim chances due to their careers as spies:lol:. I think I can narrow it remaining two dramas, King of Baking: Kim Takgu and Yong-Pal. The way I see it these two dramas fit the fan fic situation and both have strong female leads with complicated relationship with their husbands. My apologies if I am being aggressive, I am kind of competitive when it comes getting  right answers, especially if it involves room for imagination and freedom of interpretation to guess the outcome :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Good guess?! That's what I get after extensive brainstorming and loss of few million neurons I get close to a "good guess", which is other way of saying wrong answer:bawling:

Don't get me wrong - that was not my intention. I was trying to acknowledge your response as one that was really well thought out without actually revealing whether or not it was correct...and now, in hindsight, I realize that that's close to impossible :P. So keep Yong Pal as a viable option, and we'll see where it goes.

After your elaboration of hints, I'll will rule out "Ojakgyo Brothers(since Baek Ja-eun will not call her family as staff), Bridal Mask(had a sad ending), Naeil's Cantabile(Since Female lead doesn't match in this description), My Sassy Girl(Duh! Because she is a princess and I don't see anyone near her during time of her delivery, not even her husband), ". So, that leaves me with 4 dramas, "Good Doctor, 7th Grade Civil Servants, Yong-pal and King of Baking: Kim Takgu"

lol - That's quite the process of elimination you've got there. :) You're still misreading the clue about the helpful husband, though - again, I meant during the pregnancy, not at the birth/delivery itself. ;) So, someone who'd be willing to offer support, help out around the house, fetch things to satisfy his wife's cravings, etc.

The way I see it, Good Doctor can be good fit, but I don't see Cha Yoon-seo referring Si-On as husband:joy:. 7th Grade civil servant is a possibility, but imagining them to settle down and have kids is too far fetched and have slim chances due to their careers as spies:lol:. I think I can narrow it remaining two dramas, King of Baking: Kim Takgu and Yong-Pal.

And this is where I lost it while reading your response :lol: - especially "but I don't see Cha Yoon Seo referring to Si On as 'husband'". I don't know why, but that just sounded really funny to me for some reason: maybe because I'm actually trying to imagine it now and going, "Hm...yeah, you're right. That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?"

Which means that, yes, you can safely rule out Good Doctor for this one. And Level 7 Civil Servant since I can't visualize them as parents either :P As for King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu  and Yong Pal, both are viable options given the hints, so kudos.

This kid did an exceptional acting in Good Doctor, like I was able to feel his acting. And he had only few lines, but those few lines were delivered exceptionally, or for that matter all child actors in Good Doctor drama did an exceptional job. :)

As a general whole, I find the child actors in K-dramas to be pretty solid in their performances. There's no telling how many of them will stay in the entertainment industry or move on to other careers as they grow up, but I would like to see at least some of them staying on for the long term.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I meant during the pregnancy, not at the birth/delivery itself. ;) So, someone who'd be willing to offer support, help out around the house, fetch things to satisfy his wife's cravings, etc.

Oh, now I get it. So, it's like looking after her during pregnancy days. I was thinking that she was in labor, thanks for clearing the confusion. So, then I cannot eliminate "My sassy girl" :scream:, since having lot of kids is common in medieval times, especially for princess and queens. I think I'll throw in My sassy girl as a viable option

As for King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu  and Yong Pal, both are viable options given the hints, so kudos.

Wait as sec. Why do I feel like you didn't think of the drama? I mean, like you just came up with fan fic story but not able to decide the drama title. :open_mouth: I feel like I am in a focus group trying to come up with an acceptable name for product :joy:

Don't get me wrong - that was not my intention

Nah, I was just saying it in a funny way, I do like solving puzzles :smile:

And this is where I lost it while reading your response :lol: - especially "but I don't see Cha Yoon Seo referring to Si On as 'husband'". I don't know why, but that just sounded really funny to me for some reason: maybe because I'm actually trying to imagine it now and going, "Hm...yeah, you're right. That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?"

Lol! Cha Yoon seo acted like a big brother/sister to Si-on, so even in the change of relationship I don't feel like she is going to call Si-on like traditional what wife calls her husband like "Honey, Darling" etc, I am pretty sure she'll at the best call him with his first name when she is in good mood, but in her pregnancy I can only imagine the kind of things she'll will swear against  si-on, due to effect of Hormones :joy: On top of that in drama series she did boast that she was kind of expert in swearing and cursing:joy:

As a general whole, I find the child actors in K-dramas to be pretty solid in their performances. There's no telling how many of them will stay in the entertainment industry or move on to other careers as they grow up, but I would like to see at least some of them staying on for the long term.

I might add, their personal life is also kind of hard too, since it is hard for them to have real friends. since they are famous most of the kids would like to be their friends for wrong reasons. But with help of family they might be able to have normal childhood and enter adolescent age with clear mind and no confusions. :blush:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I think that reply came because of your writing influence. If you recall in one of your "Scattergories"  you choose "Cha Yoon seo" as tom boy. So that might have  had influence on my imagination on how Joo won and his partner would interact. :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

So, then I cannot eliminate "My sassy girl" :scream:, since having lot of kids is common in medieval times, especially for princess and queens. I think I'll throw in My sassy girl as a viable option

Yeah - controlling how many kids one had back then was easier said than done, whether we're talking about birth control (in cases where a family has too many kids) or fertility (in cases where a family wants more). I'm sure some methods did exist - women have been trying to control their childbearing throughout history - but it was definitely not as easy as it is now. So that's something to take into consideration when thinking about My Sassy Girl and its historical context.

By the way: the other drama where lack of access to contraception could also be an issue is Yong Pal, because Han Yeo Jin is devoutly Catholic and any sort of birth control is frowned on in Catholicism (again: not that it doesn't exist, it's just not "right").

Wait as sec. Why do I feel like you didn't think of the drama? I mean, like you just came up with fan fic story but not able to decide the drama title. :open_mouth: I feel like I am in a focus group trying to come up with an acceptable name for product :joy:

LOL - Of course I know which drama I'm writing this fic for! :lol: I'm just trying to keep it a surprise all the way to the end ;) 

I am pretty sure she'll at the best call him with his first name when she is in good mood, but in her pregnancy I can only imagine the kind of things she'll will swear against  si-on, due to effect of Hormones :joy: On top of that in drama series she did boast that she was kind of expert in swearing and cursing:joy:

I could imagine :P Even just calling Si On by his name is a bit of a progression for Cha Yoon Seo: if I recall correctly, she gradually goes from calling him by his full name (e.g. "Ya, Park Si On!") to just his first name (e.g. "Si On-ah"). But, yeah, adding hormones would just throw a monkey wrench into the entire system - poor Si On's gonna end up so confused. I'm sure he'd understand what's going on and why, but he'd still have that knee-jerk, "Why is Seonsaengnim angry with me???" reaction :lol:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kittyna said:

but he'd still have that knee-jerk, "Why is Seonsaengnim angry with me???" reaction 

And he would end up doing that weird dance to make her happy until she deliveries the baby. I don't know much about the food, but I am pretty sure Cha yoon-seo's mother or Si-on's mother will take care of it, since both the doctors suck at cooking :lol:

• LOL 2

I don't know much about the food, but I am pretty sure Cha yoon-seo's mother or Si-on's mother will take care of it, since both the doctors suck at cooking :lol:

Yeah, I imagine they would. For most of these drama characters, actually, I can see their own parents (especially their mothers) stepping in and getting involved.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, kittyna said:

Yeah, I imagine they would. For most of these drama characters, actually, I can see their own parents (especially their mothers) stepping in and getting involved.

Now that you mention about moms, it is interesting to see that most of the  moms of female leads in Joo won's drama have  passed away in their childhood. Except for in "7th grade civil servant, Good Doctor, Naeil's cantabile and My sassy girl". And out of all the moms Cha Yoon seo's mom had major impact in leads relationship progression with just one phone call:joy:. If you remember, on the day when Si-on tried to cook for  as a treat for (which he failed miserably but in a cute way:)) Yoon-seo, her mom  called her to set-up a date with a prosecutor, and at moment si-on also mentions that he would also like to go on date, which made Yoon-seo little jealous which I think made Yoon-seo realize or at least see Si-on as an opposite sex,  nevertheless, her mom actually set the ball rolling between Cha Yoon-seo and Si-on. I did kind of wished that the writers team explored the idea of Si-on meeting Cha Yoon-seo's mom and see how he wins her approval, since Yoon-seo was clearly troubled by the idea that how her mom is going to react to her choice of dating Si-on. Perhaps in the beginning it would be tough to win her approval, by as she is realizes with the time how capable and compassionate person si-on is I am sure she would have approved their relationship, not warmly but like in a cold way. Those scenes  could have added another 4 episodes or at least 2 with kim Do-han wedding, that would idea been appropriate ending for a touching drama like "Good Doctor" :blush:

• Like 2

So, things have been quiet lately on just about all fronts of this fandom - and most of my creative energies have been going towards writing (mini fic's almost done - so stay tuned!).

In the meantime, though, I did check back on this artist's Instagram lately, and there's been a rather cute tribute to JW's 10th debut anniversary:

Spoiler

By the way, for this next one: click all the way to the end of the slideshow for a cute comparison ;) 

There's a ton more of JW-related fanart on this page, so be sure to check it out while we wait for more updates :) 

EDIT - @kireeti2, it looks like we posted simultaneously (or close to). So I'll come back to reply later.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I did check back on this artist's Instagram lately, and there's been a rather cute tribute to JW's 10th

Yeah, I have seen his/her work and yeah they are really cute and soothing to see. Not like too much of cuteness(like anime) nor like too much of cartoonish (like Mr.Bean). Just right amount of both. My personal favorite is "Good Doctor" art, it really brings out Si-on's innocence and cuteness:blush:

And here's of our cute fire fighter

Joo won is really lucky to have fans like you guys who are from Art background. You guys truly cherish his work by writing Fan fics and making Art of his characters, they truly live forever even after the end of their respective drama series (both requires lot of creative and strain):blush:

• Like 2

Fic's finally in the last editing stage, so I should be able to come back and post it later today :) But in the meantime, let's get the replies out of the way first.

5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Now that you mention about moms, it is interesting to see that most of the  moms of female leads in Joo won's drama have  passed away in their childhood. Except for in "7th grade civil servant, Good Doctor, Naeil's cantabile and My sassy girl".

Okay - dead or absent moms are prevalent throughout JW's dramas, period:

King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu - Gu Ma Jun's parents are still around (but he's not close with either of them), but Yu Kyung's mother is dead and she's cut off ties with her father

Ojakgyo Brothers - Hwang Tae Hui's parents are around, as is Baek Ja Eun's dad; her birth mother is dead, and her stepmother's a jerk (so she doesn't really count :P)

Gaksital - Lee Kang To's parents are dead (his father prior to the drama's events), as is Oh Mok Dan's mother. But she appears to be more of a daddy's girl anyway :) 

Level 7 Civil Servant - All parents are still alive and well, but it's clear that Kim Seo Won is way closer with her parents than Han Gil Ro is with his

Good Doctor - Park Si On's estranged from both parents (although he does reconcile with his mom eventually), and all we get about Cha Yoon Seo's family is that one phone call with her mom (we know nothing about her dad)

Nae Il's Cantabile - All parents are still around, but relationships for Yoo Jin are...complicated :P Nae Il's the one with the normal home/family life

Yong Pal - No parents left by the time we get to the end (since it'd be something of a miracle for Tae Hyun to ever be on speaking terms with his father again)

My Sassy Girl - Much of Hye Myung's character arc centres around her complicated relationship with with parents (trying to find and then avenge her mother while unsure what to make of her father's inability to intervene), but Gyun Woo's is a lot more stable

I did kind of wished that the writers team explored the idea of Si-on meeting Cha Yoon-seo's mom and see how he wins her approval, since Yoon-seo was clearly troubled by the idea that how her mom is going to react to her choice of dating Si-on. Perhaps in the beginning it would be tough to win her approval, by as she is realizes with the time how capable and compassionate person si-on is I am sure she would have approved their relationship, not warmly but like in a cold way.

You mean, like, you think Cha Yoon Seo's mom will accept Si On eventually, but more because she's resigned to it (i.e. Well, if this is the guy my daughter likes, what can I do about it?) than because she's really happy about the idea?

You guys truly cherish his work by writing Fan fics and making Art of his characters, they truly live forever even after the end of their respective drama series (both requires lot of creative and strain):blush:

Personally, I tend to prefer playing around with JW's characters than with he himself as an actor - maybe it's because they're ultimately fictional, so I don't have to worry about getting things wrong or offending anybody :) 

• Like 2

You mean, like, you think Cha Yoon Seo's mom will accept Si On eventually, but more because she's resigned to it (i.e. Well, if this is the guy my daughter likes, what can I do about it?) than because she's really happy about the idea?

Hmm, maybe I made it sound like that. What I meant was "in a cold way", It seem like cha yoon-seo's mom is invested more in her personal relationship than her dad, so if Yoon-seo chooses anyone but the choice of her mom's will make her mom reject that automatically, in park si-on case he maybe a doctor, but first thing she might notice is his autism. At first she will disapprove him on pretext of his condition, but si-on  will use his charm to win her approval, cha yoon-seo's mom will come around but will not admit that she completely accepts si-on even though she does accept him or maybe even end up thinking him as a son she never had. But there is a tendency of strict parents not admitting that they were wrong, so they still act as they are anyway with their cold nature(I meant it in that context), Even if she approves him, she might constantly taunt him in order to make him strong or more tolerant towards harsh world, like strict dad which si-on never had(like old school stuff, if you sweat more during training you'll bleed less during war), as we can see Cha Yoon-seo sometimes sugarcoats stuff to si-on, which is good but fells short in adapting to practical world. :)

• Insightful 2