Quantcast
airplanegirl

Joo Won 주원- Welcome Back !

Hello Joowon's fellow fans,

Sadly, i have just discovered the awesomeness of Joowon lately , I can't believe i slept on him all this years he's amazingly talented actor who keeps improving in every project and believe me as an old K-drama fan i have never seen an actor who keeps improving this fast before. I feel bad for those k-drama fans who didn't realize the greatness of Joowon yet as much as i regrets being too late to do and i can't wait for his comeback after he end his serving in the army. And i would like to thank you all for the amazing stuff you share here especially kittynaI only a lurks here usually since my English sucks big time. But i had an urgent question to fulfill my Joowon thirst LOL. i wonder if anyone here can elaborate on where to find the early episodes of 2d1n with Joowon in it the ones in his bridal mask era i couldn't find it anywhere on the internet witch is really sad he is famous actor why is it so hard to find his shows. Pretty pleeeease help me if you have any source of those episodes thank you very much.

• Like 3

I'm gonna do my usual post a bit earlier today, because I want to address @meme gogo's question.

But first of all...

WELCOME TO JOO WON'S FORUM!

16 hours ago, meme gogo said:

But i had an urgent question to fulfill my Joowon thirst LOL. i wonder if anyone here can elaborate on where to find the early episodes of 2d1n with Joowon in it the ones in his bridal mask era i couldn't find it anywhere on the internet witch is really sad he is famous actor why is it so hard to find his shows. Pretty pleeeease help me if you have any source of those episodes thank you very much.

You're not the first person to ask this recently (I think either @green_cardigan or @soomoi might have been asking, too - if not one of these two, then at least someone else new to this forum). So let's see what I can pull together....

There are a few places you can look, and I tried to track down again the source I used way back in early 2016 :P So, in other words, even though I found the link, please forgive me if any of the videos are no longer available.

As it turns out, KBS posted the second half of Season 2 (i.e. starting from when Yoo Hae Jin joined the cast) on YouTube, so that's going to be the best place for those episodes for picture quality and overall Internet safety:

2 Days & 1 Night Season 2 (April to December 2013)

As for the first half (i.e. what you're asking about JW on "Gaksital"), that's a bit harder. I did find a site that claimed to have all the episodes, but before you click on it, a few things to keep in mind:

1. I did not check all the videos, so I don't know how many are still working. 
  2. You may have to try between different servers (e.g. "Openload", "VIP", etc.) to find the one that works best for your browser
  3. Most importantly: Make sure you have a good and up-to-date antivirus and anti-malware software on your computer (or phone or whatever it is you're using to watch) first. Sites like these rarely let you watch with an ad-blocker on, so even if the video itself is safe, the stuff that's getting loaded in the background due to ads and stuff might not be. I know you're passionate about finding out more about JW, but even he's not worth getting a virus or getting your personal information stolen over (nor, to be honest, do I think JW would be happy if something like that were to happen to any of his fans).

All that said, here's the link I found. It claims to have all of Season 2, but right now, what's relevant is Episodes 1 to 55 (again, I recommend switching to the YouTube playlist once you hit Episode 56).

http://kshowonline.com/category/73/1 Night 2 Days S2

Hope this helps!

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Happy smiley face!

A couple of close-up shots

JW with a kiddie fan - This is just too cute!

Looking neat and polished in a tux

I'm loving the casual laid-back vibe here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much kittyna you're such a savior i love you for this and thank you again for keeping this forum alive despite his absent i wish i could participate more here but the language is a huge barrier for me. thank you again i will keep lurking here from now on keep the great work :heart:  

• Like 2

Stopping by with today's pics!

Spoiler

A really sweet fan-edit for "Yong Pal"

And some funny behind-the-scenes shots from the same drama

Cha Yoo Jin's "just woke up" look - which, for those of you guys who've watched 1N2D or "Life Log"...isn't too far a cry from the reality either :P 

Okay, this smile - it's the type I sometimes call the "bunny smile" (where the main noticeable feature are his two front teeth - his "bunny" teeth) - has to be one of the cutest facial expressions I've seen from JW, EVER.

Some touch-ups during a promo event

Most of the time in "Level 7 Civil Servant", JW as Han Gil Ro looks really adorkable and naive - which, I suppose, is what makes him lovable as a character despite his rather obvious flaws. But then there are moments when he really does seem to go into full-blown "tough secret agent" mode, like here:

When someone says something really stupid to you on the phone - you know they can't see you, but....

(Sorry, guys - I'm in a rather silly mood today :w00t: And, well, in my defence, Cha Yoo Jin's various "WTF???" faces in "Nae Il's Cantabile" are just too funny to resist)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

How is everybody doing? I was finally able to return to k-dramas after the World Cup ended :D:D  I witnessed all my favorite teams to lose one by one, but that didn’t really matter because there were so many interesting games and great football overall.

@meme gogo It’s nice to meet you! I too found about Joo Won not very long ago and still haven’t seen all of his work. I saw him the first time on Good Doctor, was impressed about his acting and searched other dramas he was in. After seeing his interviews I fell in love with his character as well :wub: I hope you enjoy your journey with our warm-hearted, talented cutie pie Joo Won ^_^

I’m on holiday now, meaning more time to watch dramas, and finished Baker King just yesterday. Not my type of a drama but I’m so so glad I started watching it! I can understand why it got such a high ratings at the time. Kim Tak Gu and Gu Ma Jun were really well written characters and both actors did amazing job. The end of the story was especially satisfying, and I like how Ma Jun and Yu Kyung were able to find happiness after all the hurting.

tumblr_mfnbj9Q1H81qju2iuo6_250.gif

I’m watching other dramas too but from Joo Won my next one will be Ojakgyo Brothers. 58 episodes? I think I’ll finish it by the end of the year :sweatingbullets: I hope this drama has similar pull to it as Baker King had. I’ve seen a few cuts from the drama beforehand and judging by those cuts it may not be as exciting one, but I’m curious to see what kind of character Joo Won presents after his portrayal of malicious and broken Ma Jun.

874b754cfeb967bba8cf2ef4214bdcc8dab4e7a7

• Like 2

5 hours ago, green_cardigan said:

How is everybody doing? I was finally able to return to k-dramas after the World Cup ended :D:D  I witnessed all my favorite teams to lose one by one, but that didn’t really matter because there were so many interesting games and great football overall.

Welcome back! I thought that that was keeping you away, actually ;) But here's hoping to see and hear more from you in the future.

I've also been following the World Cup, but most of my leisure time has been spent writing that massive fic I posted several days ago :P Took some "do nothing" days after that, but I'm now gearing up to get back into it again.

I’m on holiday now, meaning more time to watch dramas, and finished Baker King just yesterday. Not my type of a drama but I’m so so glad I started watching it! I can understand why it got such a high ratings at the time. Kim Tak Gu and Gu Ma Jun were really well written characters and both actors did amazing job. The end of the story was especially satisfying, and I like how Ma Jun and Yu Kyung were able to find happiness after all the hurting.

lol - Plot-wise, "King of Baking" is showing its age. It has some really soap-opera elements that were popular at the time (in 2010), but that do feel really weird now in hindsight. Still, as you've said, the characters were well-written to be complex three-dimensional characters, and the show did a great job with the casting, too.

I’m watching other dramas too but from Joo Won my next one will be Ojakgyo Brothers. 58 episodes? I think I’ll finish it by the end of the year :sweatingbullets: I hope this drama has similar pull to it as Baker King had. I’ve seen a few cuts from the drama beforehand and judging by those cuts it may not be as exciting one, but I’m curious to see what kind of character Joo Won presents after his portrayal of malicious and broken Ma Jun.

"Ojakgyo Brothers" is what's sometimes called a family drama, so it's more of a slow-burn slice-of-life sort of show. ;) I haven't watched it in its entirety either - just clips on YouTube or Instagram - but from what I've heard, JW's character is one that has a lot of fan appeal.

Please check in with us from time to time with your thoughts if you can - even if you aren't finished the show yet, it's nice to see what different fans think during the process and not just at the end.

And now for pics. This time, again, it's Throwback Thursday!

Spoiler

I think I've hit the jackpot for old pics with these two slideshows that popped up recently on Instagram, featuring pics from 2007 and 2010 respectively.

This one looks to be an older shot as well - interesting observation re: the shoelaces

A slideshow of pics from "Level 7 Civil Servant"

And some from "S.I.U." - for those who don't know, it's a 2011 film that he did with a bunch of older and more experienced male actors, including one of his first favourite hyungs, Uhm Tae Woong

Finally, can we talk about how innocent and naive he looked back when he first started out?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just stopping by with today's pics!

Spoiler

A really nice casual look

Hand hearts - so cute :love:

My favourite shot in this slideshow is the first one, but they're all nice

JW's pseudo-"Gaksital" moment in "My Sassy Girl" - I guess any white-masked period drama vigilante is "Gaksital" now?

(No, seriously, I mean it: I'm currently watching "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" with my mom, and for those who know of the white-masked rebels/vigilantes there...we've caught ourselves referring to them as "gaksital" :P)

A nice autographed pic

And ending it off for today with several close-ups

• Like 2

Here I am with today's pics!

Spoiler

Can we just talk about the fact that in this advertising pic for Zigbang, JW's holding a conductor's baton?

(From this Instagram slideshow: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bleho9Wgv3N/)

7dc9c5c07a4630820bcfdada349d3daf.jpg

I'm loving this smile here

JW with his own cardboard double - This was during promos for "Fashion King"

Cute and pouty Han Gil Ro

He's had some pretty epic comical expressions over the years :P 

Perfectly framed shot

Hugging and being hugged in return (combo caption for two pics ;))

Finally, just want to quickly give you guys Preview #1 of the fic I'm currently working on. It's the immediate follow-up to the last fic I posted, so, yes, it is another "Seolleim in Salzburg" story.

Spoiler

“Ya…I can’t believe that the concert is tomorrow.”

Lee Yoon Hoo shoots Yoo Il Rak a pointed look. “You say that every single time.”

“I know! But think about it.” Propping his elbows on the table, he starts to gesture with his hands, vaguely sketching out what he is trying to say. “We spend ‘X’ amount of time working on a performance, right? And while we’re doing that, it feels like the biggest, most important thing ever, right? But then once we get to the actual thing, we get up on stage and play…and then –” he spreads his palms wide open “– that’s it. It’s over. And we’re all just sitting there wondering what the hell’s just happened.”

Shaking his head and clucking softly in bemusement, Yoon Hoo gives me a confused look across the table. “All this time, Cha Yoo Jin, and I still haven’t figured it out.”

Beside me, Nae Il jumps in before I could respond. “Figured what out, sunbae?”

“Why it is that Yoo Il Rak could look and sound completely drunk even when we all know he’s stone-cold sober.”

It was, after all, the rule that I had set once as the conductor and that Yoon Hoo has continued to enforce in my absence: no drinking the night before a performance. So even though we are currently gathered at our usual private room in Mendelssohn – Jung Si Won, Nae Il and I because we have been staying in the apartment upstairs for the summer; Yoon Hoo because we invited him; and Choi Min Hee and Ma Su Min because they invited themselves – there isn’t a single beer on the table. Instead, for this dinner, we have all helped ourselves to the various fruit juice blends Abeonim carries on the menu.

Now, in response to Yoon Hoo’s comment, we all turn to glance curiously at Il Rak, wondering just what exactly he has to say for himself. Because, inevitably, he does.

“What? You’ve never heard of being drunk on music before?” he finally blurts out. “You know, that feeling you get when you feel like the music is just speaking to you and you end up getting so into it that nothing else matters?”

Nae Il snaps her fingers. “Oh, that! I get what you mean, Rak-kun.”

Beaming in response, Il Rak leans forward in his seat, holding out his fist at Nae Il. She responds in kind, getting up halfway out of her chair in order to reach past Si Won between them to meet his fist with her own.

“See, Nae Il gets it,” he says firmly as he returns to his seat.

“Of course she would,” I retort with a snort. “She’s Seollebal!”

Yoon Hoo peers at me curiously. “Where did that come from, by the way? ‘Seollebal’, I mean.”

I shoot Nae Il a sideways glance, but my answer is directed at him. “You’ve probably noticed by now that Seol Nae Il’s got a habit of moving along with the music when she plays the piano.” When he nods, I add, “Well, that went all the way down to her toes. In that first duet I played with her, I noticed that she would tap her foot on the floor whenever she wasn't using the pedal. Hence, ‘Seollebal’ – ‘fluttering feet’.”

Jung Si Won gives us a pointed look. “You mean it’s not because of her tendency to literally pounce on you every single chance she's got?”

This time, I’m unable to hold back a laugh. “Geu rae - there’s that, too.”

• Like 2

Spoiler

A couple of really sweet and romantic fan-edits for "Yong Pal"

0d648b36d553250f9d9e4bfcba85f44a.jpg

c598d9e14ff6daa23fb12faacfa4aa16.jpg

This magazine shot came out really nicely

5b62b6aae21a2636216871c17a5411c7.jpg

Fun and casual JW

And, finally, some behind-the-scenes photos from "Ghost"

• Like 1

Spoiler

A bunch of guys in Joseon-era hanbok, JW included:

And another group collage that I've recently come across

A really warm and sweet smile from behind the scenes of a Mountia photoshoot

(From this Instagram slideshow: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg95r8pldip/)

0615c7beb6f71670777379749d7fe04e.jpg

A couple of bar scene photos, first from "Yong Pal"...

...And from "Nae Il's Cantabile" (From this Instagram slideshow: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhY78R2HEvQ/)

a995c1e33a2a6491410e428b32d3f5cc.jpg

JW at his final fanmeeting before his enlistment - He was playing a game where he had to imitate the cartoon expressions shown to him on the screen :P 

And, finally - a set of shots showing JW at three different stages in his enlistment

• Like 1

Spoiler

Cute behind-the-scenes shot from "Nae Il's Cantabile" - I know we can't see the guys' faces very clearly, but it's awesome that even just from this little bit, we can see how much fun they're having.

1f0f4dfdd0173abdd3a2848948d5d32b.jpg

And speaking of "Nae Il's Cantabile", I've recently come across this fan-edit, too.

A collection of photos for Mountia - These were taken in New Zealand, by the way.

And some more from GGIO2 - Funny mustache!

Loving his smile in these shots:

Finally, let's end it off for today with this collage of pics of JW with Uhm Tae Woong - The one on the left never ceases to crack me up; he's like a koala!

(For those who don't know the story there: UTW had snatched JW's phone from him, and Uhm Jung Hwa - UTW's real-life noona - managed to get this candid shot of JW trying to grab it back.)

And, just because I'm feeling rather proud of this bit right now, here's Preview #2 of my fic!

Spoiler

We only stay like this for a brief moment before Nae Il pulls away, stepping back so that, once again, I could look her over from head to toe. Once again, as always, I eventually land on the gold necklace I had given her for Christmas, with its signature jeweled pendant: a treble and bass clef coming together into a heart.

Now, noting where my eyes have stopped, Nae Il, too, glances down at the necklace. Placing one hand over the heart, she lets out a mischievous laugh. “What? Did you think I was going to switch it out for something else?” When I give her a pointed look in response, she laughs again. “Don’t think I don’t know what you were trying earlier, Orabang.”

“Well, if you know that, then you’ll know why I couldn’t help it,” I retort.

Earlier today, back in her dressing room, I had made a show of taking this very necklace out of its box and clasping it around her neck right in front of Lee Yoon Hoo. And from the way his eyes had widened slightly in surprise for just a split second before he could school his features into a more amicable smile, I know that he had gotten my message loud and clear.

Tsking softly to herself, even as her eyes twinkle with barely suppressed devilish glee, Nae Il shakes her head. “You, Yoon Hoo-sunbae…you men are all the same.”

Returning her mischievous look with one of my own, I reach forward and tap one finger on the end of her nose. “Says the girl who’s told me – more than once, mind you – that she likes it when I put my mark on her in front of everyone else.”

That makes her laugh once again before, finally, we are both called back to reality by the sound of faint applause. Turning our heads towards the monitor on the wall from which the sound is emanating out into the green room, we catch the exact moment when Lee Yoon Hoo steps out onto the stage to assume his place on the podium. He’s not wearing tails like I am, having chosen to opt for a simple tailored black tuxedo combined with a matching bowtie; and, just for tonight, he has chosen to wear his round wire-rimmed glasses instead of his usual contact lenses.

Out of the corner of my eye, I note that Nae Il is staring wide-eyed at the screen, her hands clasped together in anticipation. And while, under normal circumstances, I would have something to say to that, tonight, I find that I, too, am looking on just as eagerly, waiting with bated breath for the music to begin as I know it must.

For a long moment, however, no sound emerges. Instead, after tapping his baton on his music stand and assuming his starting position, Yoon Hoo goes completely still. Or, at least, from the view of the camera up in the control booth in the back of the auditorium, that’s what it looks like. But I have seen Yoon Hoo enough from the front during rehearsals to know what he is actually doing at this moment: looking from one musician to the next, mouthing words of encouragement or giving a reassuring wink to those who he feels needs them most.

Then, once all that is done, the music begins: the first of the Bizet-Guiraud Carmen Suites. From our spot in the dressing room, neither Nae Il nor I could hear it all that clearly; the volume on the monitor is kept down at a minimum so as not to risk echoing out of the room onto the stage. But we don’t need to hear to know what is going on: a sustained tremor from the strings coupled with a slow fanfare-like opening from the brass, tension gradually building until, suddenly, it ends abruptly in a single loud chord, punctuated by Su Min on the timpani.

This is it: the moment that Yoon Hoo so frequently refers to during rehearsals. That slow, anticipatory intake of breath that all of us share in preparation for what is to come. Up on the podium, he stands completely still, his right hand, still grasping the baton, raised in a fist just beside his head, before, after a brief pause, he gives a single upbeat and the entire orchestra throws itself headlong into a quick-tempoed Spanish dance.

As the name suggests, the Carmen Suite is made up of several shorter pieces, each inspired by a theme or motif of Bizet’s most famous opera of that name. The first number, the “Aragonaise”, is the vibrant flourishing dance that allows Rising Star to make its grand entrance on the stage: hearts race and blood flows hot, and although I cannot see it on the screen, I can imagine that already, somewhere in the audience, someone is clapping softly along with the rhythm.

What follows is a series of softer, slower movements. The “Intermezzo”, which originally began with a gentle lilting duet between a flute and a harp, has been transformed. Because the Rising Star Orchestra does not yet have a harpist, both Yoon Hoo and I have had to adapt and find some sort of substitute; and it comes as no surprise to me that he has chosen the instrument he knows best: the harp’s underlying melody now plucked out by a cello. With the following movement, the “Séguidille”, the music turns into a meandering dance in triple meter: so simple and yet so catchy, in fact, that, out of the corner of my eye, I spy Nae Il slowly spinning away from me into the centre of the room, swaying this way and that in an improvised waltz.

Cracking a smile at the sight, I immediately slip over to the dressing room table and snatch up my phone. It is only when she hears the shutter click as I take a quick photograph that Nae Il comes to a halt, her skirts still twirling around her.

“Ya, Seollebal,” I say with a laugh, “why’d you stop? You were doing fine.”

“When do you think it’ll happen, Orabang?”

I raise an eyebrow at her. “Mwo?”

“When will we have a chance to dance like this? For real.” Letting out a sigh, she clasps her hands together as though in prayer and closes her eyes in rapture. “You and me, dancing the night away at a Viennese ball. Can’t you just imagine it?”

When I don’t say anything in response, she opens her eyes and shoots me a pointed look. “Come on – we live in Austria, for goodness’ sake! Don’t tell me you haven’t thought of doing it at least once!”

I scoff. “You know I’m not one for dancing.”

“Sure, you’re not.” Crossing her arms in front of her chest, she rolls her eyes at me. “Have you even seen yourself, Orabang?”

“What do you mean?”

“Conducting.” Her eyes scan me over from head to toe, then back up again. “Anyone who’s seen you at it will be able to tell you: you move like a dancer.”

“I do not!” I jerk my head back over my shoulder towards the monitor, where we can hear that the orchestra has made it all the way to the Suite’s finale: the triumphantly upbeat “Toréadors”. “If anyone here is a dancer,” I quip brusquely, “it’s him, not me.”

Even though Lee Yoon Hoo was the one who had teased Yoo Il Rak last night about his tendency to get – how had Il Rak put it? – “drunk on music”, in reality, it’s he who is least able to resist. When push comes to shove, at the moment when it matters most, Yoon Hoo consistently gets carried away by any sort of bright and infectious rhythm that comes his way. So now, true to form, as Nae Il peers past me at the screen, he is happily bouncing along in time with the music: flicking his wrists and shifting his weight from one foot to the other. And although neither of us can see his face, I know that we can both imagine the expression on it: his brightest and happiest grin of all, the one that makes his eyes narrow into slits and that makes his nose crinkle mischievously as he finally gives in and starts to laugh.

Nae Il bursts out laughing and steps closer to give me a smack on the arm. “Aniyo – not like that!” She pauses for a moment in thought. “All right, so maybe your dance moves leave something to be desired.”

Hearing her put it that way makes me bristle despite myself. “Ya, Seollebal!”

“But that’s not what I was talking about. I meant like this.” She makes a fluid sweeping motion with her left arm: one that I only recognize to be a parody of my conducting technique when I, at her prompting, copy along with my own. Watching me closely, she gives me a nod. “Exactly. Like that. Graceful and poised – more like a ballet or a waltz than what we’d find in a club.”

By the way, for those who are wondering: Nae Il's comment to Yoo Jin about his conducting looking like ballet...is based on real life. Shim Eun Kyung actually did say that about JW, as shown in this behind-the-scenes clip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

JW with a...is that a falcon??? (Sorry - don't know my birds of prey all that well.) Anyway, point is: this looks really cool.

Some behind-the-scenes shots from "My Sassy Girl"

A few cool and charismatic shots:

Four slightly different smiles - probably in about as many seconds ;) 

Finally, while I've watched (and, let's be honest, re-watched for the sake of writing) "Nae Il's Cantabile" enough times to not really miss anything anymore, I think that these screenshots turned out really well - kudos to the fans who captured them! :) 

506e1a4d0e1a5165df7a9d094db47e96.jpg

df9e369ce9aa27250bbe1bc1a0c17fa1.jpg

(I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love this pair of frenemies to bits :D)

• Like 1

Here I am with today's pics! This time, it's Throwback Thursday time!

Spoiler

First things first: someone found this behind-the-scenes pic from when they did the shower scene (the one from when Tak Gu and Ma Jun had to spend several days tied together at the wrist) in "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

By the way, just an aside comment: speaking of shower scenes, why is it that the ones featuring most other actors tend to be the hot, smexy type...and then JW's are just funny? :tounge_wink: Like this one had its quirks, and then there's the one from "Nae Il's Cantabile" and...you get the idea. I love that that's how they turn out, but seriously - why???

Anyways...moving on!

This old photo, from when JW was still doing predominantly musical theatre, is just too darn cute!

But then, sometimes, he can do the cool casual vibe he became known for later on

Looking back on some shots from "Ojakgyo Brothers" - He was tiny back then! But, seriously, it's shots like these that tell me that he has a good muscular structure, but actually seems to have a rather small frame for his height as far as the actual bones are concerned.

436af0d582f0c0eaf96eb5e762210d3b.jpg

Some cute shots from a 2013 fanmeeting in Japan

270067b03b82eee0533a9a2bf438a226.jpg

a7794695bcf62966538a67a633abc64a.jpg

And, finally, JW in sportswear and glasses

Secondly, even though I just shared a snippet the other day, I've finished the excerpt that I want to use as Preview #3 for my fic!

Spoiler

By this point, most of the other orchestra members have also made their way into the corridor; so, in order to avoid a collision, the four of us move back towards my dressing room.

And there, leaning back against the wall by the door with his arms crossed loosely in front of his chest, is Lee Yoon Hoo.

Ah. That’s right. This isn’t my green room, but ours: the two of us expected to share just like the girls are theirs.

“I was wondering when you guys would get here,” he says by way of greeting, inclining his head in a polite nod.

“Sunbae!” Before I could stop her, Nae Il rushes on ahead, holding out one hand towards him. As they shake hands, I hear her telling him in an animated voice just what she had thought of the first half of the concert programme as a whole.

Si Won, too, uses this moment to take her leave. “I should head back to my green room,” she says, bobbing to both Il Rak and me in a slight bow. “Who knows if there’s anyone looking for me?”

“Ah, geu rae,” I answer, waving her on with one hand. “Go ahead.”

“Komapda.” She turns and takes several steps away from us before she comes to a stop, glancing back over her shoulder. “Are you coming, Il Rak-ah?”

For a moment, it looks like he wants to. But before he could actually say so, Il Rak catches a glimpse of the look I am just now sending his way. Thus, when he finally opens his mouth to respond, it’s with a simple, “You go on ahead, Si Won-ah. I just need to talk to Yoo Jin about something first, and then I’ll come over.”

Si Won flashes a bright smile at him. “Ne.”

Once we are alone, Il Rak glances curiously at me. “What’s this about, Yoo Jin-ah? Is something wrong?”

Rather than answering right away, I simply make a beeline for the dressing room door, reaching past Yoon Hoo to open it before gesturing for everyone – Il Rak, Yoon Hoo, and Nae Il – to follow me inside. Once that is done, I close the door behind me.

“I’ve been thinking, guys, about the second half of tonight’s programme,” I begin. “More specifically: Die Moldau.” I shoot Il Rak a pointed look. “‘329’ – I’ve decided I want to do it after all.”

His jaw drops. “Ya, Cha Yoo Jin –”

“Are you sure you want to be doing this?” Yoon Hoo cuts in. “After all,” he adds when I turn to glance at him, “didn’t we decide during today’s meeting not to go all the way like that?”

“Geu rae,” Il Rak continues, “especially since we now know that Cha Dong Woo’s gonna –”

“Shush!” Nae Il cuts him off by elbowing him hard in the side. “Yoon Hoo-sunbae doesn’t know about that yet.”

“‘Doesn’t know about’ what?” he echoes, glancing at all three of us in confusion. “What’s all this about?” His eye stops on me. “What does your father have to do with how we perform tonight?”

Letting out an appalled gasp, Nae Il rounds on Il Rak, giving him a smart smack on the arm for good measure. “Well, now you’ve done it, Rak-kun!”

His jaw drops. “As if you didn’t add to it just now!"

“Alright. That’s enough, all of you!” I cut in, holding up both hands for silence. When the others all stop what they are doing and round on me, I direct my words to Yoon Hoo first. “Long story short: I originally wanted us to tone down that section of Die Moldau because I knew Abeoji would be here tonight.” He opens his mouth to say something, but I plunge on ahead before he could get a word in. “I know what you’re about to ask, but andwae. Tonight, it’s enough for our purposes for you to know that that is the case; the reason why is irrelevant.

“But now, what matters is that I’ve changed my mind. Now, I want us to go all the way, in the way that we have practiced.”

Yoon Hoo shakes his head, his lips pressing together into a stubborn frown. “Andwae. It’s too risky. We all know what happens if things get out of control.” One of his eyebrows quirks up knowingly. “Like that first time.”

“That first time,” I retort, “is exactly why we set up ‘329’ in the first place. You know that already.” When he still looks unconvinced, I pull out my trump card. “Besides, it’s my half of the programme we’re talking about: what I do with it and what happens as a result is none of your business.”

Beside me, just on the edge of my awareness, I hear Il Rak sputter in shock. “Ya, Cha Yoo Jin….”

But what matters to me right now is that, finally, most likely also noting the firm set of my own features, Yoon Hoo relents with a sigh, raising both hands in defeat. “Arasseo. Clearly, there’s going to be no getting though to you at this point. But, if anything does goes wrong….” He draws himself up to his full height and looks me dead in the eye. “It’s your loss, not mine. I’m not so crass as to think something like that normally, but since you called it yourself, you deal with it.”

I, too, feel my shoulders pushing back as I stand up straighter as well. “I wouldn’t have it any other way. But you don’t need to worry; nothing will go wrong. I can promise you that much, at least.”

That’s enough to convince Yoon Hoo, and he slips past me to take his leave. Still clearly visibly shaken by what he had just witnessed, Il Rak moves to follow him, but pauses at the very last second, one hand on the door latch.

“Are you sure about this, Yoo Jin-ah?” he asks, turning back to look at me over his shoulder.

“I’m sure,” I respond firmly. “Because I trust you, and I trust the members. You know we’ve already practiced this manoeuvre many times, so just tell the others to do it like we have in rehearsal. Arasseo?”

He gives me a grim nod. “Arasseo.” Then, after one last lingering glance back at me, Il Rak, too, leaves the room.

Finally, it’s just Nae Il left. Then, and only then, do I let the walls down. Taking in a slow, shuddering breath, I walk heavily over to the dressing room table, leaning forward to brace my hands against its edge.

I hear footsteps, the sound of heels clicking on the floor. Then, next thing I know, Nae Il is behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist in a backhug.

Resting her cheek against my back, she lets out a sigh. “You’re always like this, Orabang.”

Smiling softly, even though I know she can’t see it, I place one hand over her two. “Always like what?”

“Acting like you’re fine when you’re not. Acting like you don’t care when you actually do.” Then, after a short pause, she suddenly adds, “Komawoyo.”

“Eh?”

“Komawoyo, Orabang,” she says again, her arms coming together even tighter. “For letting me in, at least.” And then, I feel her shift just a little bit before, just for a moment, I feel a slight firm pressure in the middle of my back.

Was that a kiss?

What the heck is "329"? You can either refer back to the previous fic or wait until this one is completed to find out ;) 

• Like 2

Spoiler

A pic showing JW with TVXQ's Yunho

Love the editing in this shot

Looking suave and cool

As well as happy and cute

Finally, some shots from filming "My Sassy Girl"

• Like 1

@kittyna As always, thank you for sharing those pictures and your beautiful fanfics, I really enjoyed them :heart: Throwback Thursday has become something I wait eagerly to see every time, especially now that I’m watching Joo Won’s first dramas and kinda see him as a promising rookie actor with captivating looks, ready to catch ladies’ hearts :wub: 

I’m fast forwarding Ojakgyo Brothers, watching the scenes at Ojakgyo farm and at the police station, skipping the rest. Hwang Tae Hee really is a character that appeals to the fans, and I’m not an exception :D It feels like the writer has wanted to show all Joo Won’s charms at once in Tae Hee; the looks (I almost died when saw him with the stubble, oh god) and the cuteness (flashing those smiles and dimples every time he video calls with his grandma). The combination of coolness and hot temper as a detective, who wants to do the right thing but has to fight against his superiors. Tae Hee’s family background makes him hard but vulnerable, and it’s amazing how Joo Won portrays those traits so differently in Tae Hee than in Ma Jun; more subtle and in a way that suits the character, makes the character.

26eaef196c14da356a1fbe6738817a86.jpg

C1D6BBF3BFED.jpg?type=w2

Btw, did you read the news about South Korea planning on reduce the length of mandatory military service? Could that mean we get Joo Won back earlier than expected? Although it’s only a plan at this point, I’m so excited! :o:D

EDIT: I found a chart where you can see how many days will be reduced by the day of the enlistment. For those who have enlisted early 2017 reduction will be only a few days. The latter the enlistment, the more days will be reduced, up to 2 - 3 months. For Joo Won the reduction would be no more than 10 days. 

(Just a little side note here... It took me 1,5 hours to write this post. Mainly because the mobile app is so frustratingly clumsy and unstable to use. Many times I have something to write or ask here, or share a link or pictures I just found, but the effort to make a post is too much. I guess that’s something I need to live with... just FYI)

• Like 1

Btw, did you read the news about South Korea planning on reduce the length of mandatory military service? Could that mean we get Joo Won back earlier than expected? Although it’s only a plan at this point, I’m so excited! :o:D

EDIT: I found a chart where you can see how many days will be reduced by the day of the enlistment. For those who have enlisted early 2017 reduction will be only a few days. The latter the enlistment, the more days will be reduced, up to 2 - 3 months. For Joo Won the reduction would be no more than 10 days. 

lol - You beat me to it. I was just popping over to say the same thing :)

It's sort of buzzworthy news right now, so it took me a while to get the details. Allkpop just said that the army enlistment term was being reduced to 18 months from 21, which, in the grand scheme of things, was really misleading information. <_<

So thanks for sharing the Soompi link - for those who want a full explanation, I've got it here from their site:

The reduction is to take place gradually over three years, with one day reduced every two weeks. In the end, those who enlist on June 15 of 2020 will be discharged after 18 months of service — three months less than they would serve now.

[...]

For those in the army, the reduction of military service time will begin with those who enlisted on January 3, 2017. They would have originally been discharged on October 2, but they will now be discharged one day earlier on October 1.

Following this, service time will be reduced by one day every two weeks. Therefore people who enlisted on January 17, 2017 will be discharged on October 14 of this year (rather than their formerly planned date of October 16). Those who enlisted on January 31, 2017 would have been discharged on October 30 of this year, but they will now be discharged three days earlier on October 27.

The Ministry of National Defense stated, “Those who are enlisting today [July 27] will be discharged on March 16, 2020, which is 41 days earlier than the originally planned discharge date of April 26.”

The gradual reduction of service time will end with those who enlist on June 15, 2020, as they will be discharged after 18 months of service on December 14, 2021.

So, yeah - I don't know the exact numbers, or what that would mean for an actual discharge date (sorry, guys, but my math generally sucks :P), but like @green_cardigan said, with one day's reduction for every two weeks since January 3, 2017...yeah, JW's reduction probably isn't going to be making much of a bloody difference at this rate.

(And yes, I swear like a Brit - shush!)

However, I'm cool with that. Because he's been completely acing what he's doing right now, and as fans, I think we couldn't be prouder. :love:

I'm come by again later with a more proper pics/replies post - I just wanted to get the enlistment reduction news out there first :) 

• Like 2

I did say I'd come back with replies/pics - so here goes!

13 hours ago, green_cardigan said:

@kittyna As always, thank you for sharing those pictures and your beautiful fanfics, I really enjoyed them :heart: Throwback Thursday has become something I wait eagerly to see every time, especially now that I’m watching Joo Won’s first dramas and kinda see him as a promising rookie actor with captivating looks, ready to catch ladies’ hearts :wub: 

Glad that you're enjoying those :) Sometimes, I find Throwback Thursday to be a lot of fun, too; but other times, I run into difficulties finding old(-ish) pics to share. Right now, I use his semi-hiatus in 2013, when he left television to work on "Ghost" after finishing "Good Doctor" as the dividing point between what's "old" and what's "new". But who knows? Maybe I'll have to re-draw that line someday.

13 hours ago, green_cardigan said:

I’m fast forwarding Ojakgyo Brothers, watching the scenes at Ojakgyo farm and at the police station, skipping the rest. Hwang Tae Hee really is a character that appeals to the fans, and I’m not an exception :D It feels like the writer has wanted to show all Joo Won’s charms at once in Tae Hee; the looks (I almost died when saw him with the stubble, oh god) and the cuteness (flashing those smiles and dimples every time he video calls with his grandma). The combination of coolness and hot temper as a detective, who wants to do the right thing but has to fight against his superiors. Tae Hee’s family background makes him hard but vulnerable, and it’s amazing how Joo Won portrays those traits so differently in Tae Hee than in Ma Jun; more subtle and in a way that suits the character, makes the character.

I haven't watched "Ojakgyo Brothers" yet beyond some YouTube clips, but I do hope you get a chance to really watch the full thing someday - not just JW's bits. The thing about those longer dramas is that they really flesh out every little detail in the characters' lives in this slice-of-life fashion that might feel slow to some, but can also be really relatable. 

As for JW's acting, you're right. He's one of those actors who can feel really refreshing each time around - and while it's true that he tries hard not to be typecast, that's not the only thing that's going on. Shortly before his enlistment, JW did comment about how he's oftentimes cast as "tsundere" (Japanese term) characters: those who have a cold or harsh exterior, but are actually warm and caring and vulnerable on the inside. So...characters like, well, Hwang Tae Hee - although, for me, Cha Yoo Jin is the poster child for tsundere-ness :P

That, I suppose, could be a type of typecasting, so it's good to see that JW tries hard to put a different spin on each of these characters. So, for instance, even if there are things similar in their concepts, I can imagine, say, the expression that - to use a different example - Lee Kang To might make when he's angry and the one that Gu Ma Jun or Kim Tae Hyun might make under similar circumstances. And they'd be different. Similar enough that we still know it's JW making those faces, but each with their own nuances.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Speaking of tsundere....this scene cracks me up every single time :P 

534690cd0e5ba4f04f9f39e13dbd67bc.jpg

JW looking awesome in a tux

Loving this rather celebratory fan-edit for "My Sassy Girl"

Cute and sleepy JW

Okay, this piece of fanart is just adorable

Bad boy streetwear style

(By the way, this is really random but...I literally just said that in my head to the same rhythm as "Oppan Gangnam Style!" Um...what?)

Finally, once again on the tsundere-ness, I think I can get away with showing this snippet from my fic to make Preview #4. It's a bit more spoiler-y than my usual preview material, but at least I can take some joy in knowing that even if you guys know this is where things go, how we get here is still a mystery ;) 

Spoiler

Slowly, I feel my hands grip tightly onto the armrests once again. I feel a hitch in my throat, even as my face, my hands, all of me grows hot.

And before I can stop myself, the words come out, growled out through my teeth:

“How dare you? What do you know? You know nothing.”

I don’t know who is more caught off guard by my attack: Abeoji or myself. But what I do know is that, for just a moment, until he manages to school his expression into something sterner, his eyes widen slightly in surprise.

“What did you say?”

“If it’s quitting the cello you’re referring to, then I can tell you for a fact that Lee Yoon Hoo had a legitimate reason for doing so. But if it’s quitting Juilliard and coming here to Haneum instead that bothers you, then I beg to disagree.

“If Lee Yoon Hoo’s mad, it’s only because people like you drove him mad. If he’s broken, it’s only because people like you broke him!”

Abeoji shoots out of his seat, his hands clenched into fists at his sides.

“Mwo?!”

For just a second, his outburst makes me flinch: a sign of the child that is still deep inside of me.

But no – I’m no longer a child anymore. I can’t stop. Not now.

So rather than shrinking back, I, too, get up on my feet, even going so far as to take a step closer.

“Do you even know what people like you have done to him? What this world has done to people like him – or me? ‘Friends are just rivals in disguise’? ‘To show your heart is to be weak’?” I let out a disdainful scoff. “Says who?

“Lee Yoon Hoo didn’t run away – he escaped. He saw a path to freedom and he took it. And right now, I only wish that I had the guts to do the same!”

“Joesonghamnida – have I come at a bad time?”

I freeze, the words I was about to say next drying up in my throat as I feel something lurch deep inside of me.

That…that was….

Slowly, I turn around, glancing back at the door. And although I am no longer looking at him, I sense Abeoji doing the same.

Cha Yoo Jin…you are an idiot, after all.

Too late, I realize that in my surprise at finding Abeoji here, I had left the dressing room door open. And there, standing just inside of the threshold, is Lee Yoon Hoo himself.

How…how long had he been here?

If Yoon Hoo had heard anything, he is careful not to let it show on his face. Instead, he, in that smooth way of his, is cordial and polite as he bows to Abeoji in greeting, formally introducing himself. Then, once he has straightened back up, he looks over at me.

“You were taking so long, Cha Yoo Jin, that I just had to come back and see what the matter was. And while I would hate to interrupt this…father-son conversation, I really must.” He gestures vaguely behind himself towards the door. “They’re all asking for you now, so you had better get out there.”

Still reeling at the sight of him, I open and close my mouth several times before anything comes out.

“Geu rae,” I eventually stammer out with a nod. “Go and tell Professor Stresemann that I’ll be right there.”

Yoon Hoo answers with a small bow of his own, then, at last, turns and walks briskly out of the room, his hands clasped together behind his back.

[...]

I make my exit for good, stepping out of the green room and into the corridor beyond. Taking a sharp right, I head down towards the exit, the door that will take me to the lobby.

“Ah…so you do care, after all.”

Startled, I stop in my tracks, just in time to see Yoon Hoo come up beside me out of the corner of my eye. In my agitated state, I must have walked right past him without even realizing it.

I give him a suspicious sideways glance. “Just how much did you hear?”

“Enough,” he answers with a shrug.

“Well, then, don’t get ahead of yourself,” I retort, my words coming out clipped and curt. “I’m still not your friend. I just did what I would have done for anyone else in Rising Star.”

“Ne, ne,” he drawls out, the sing-song tone in his voice telling me that he’s not convinced.

“I mean it!”

“Sure. Whatever. You do you, Cha Yoo Jin. But I have the right to think what I want, too. And right now, before you make me regret it too badly, I want to say it first:

“Komapda, Yoo Jin-ah.”

• Like 2

Just stopping by with today's pics!

Spoiler

Joo Won during a photoshoot he did with other actors from his agency - If you've watched "Life Log", you've seen the behind-the-scenes footage for it.

He actually pulls off this pastel blue really well.

Cute and innocent smile

I'm not exactly sure what to make of this expression, though - any takers?

"My Sassy Girl" coffee break - Because "uri Joo Won-ie" is a caffeine addict like that :P 

Proud of our Soldier Boy

A whole ton of different fanservice pics from his 2017 Hong Kong fanmeeting - Hugs and piggyback rides and shoes and...well, points for variety, let's just say. :) 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Cute behind the scenes pics from "My Sassy Girl" - Kiddie and grown-up Gyun Woo and Princess Hyemyung :wub:

Lookin' suave for GGIO2 :glasses:

What goes on behind the scenes in the military :P

(But seriously, the soldiers do have to pay close attention to things like their hairstyles - and the White Skulls in particular are really meticulous about that, since their regulation hairstyle is clipped closer to the head than in other divisions. Which, yes, means more upkeep - especially for JW, considering that he's pretty much the division's poster child :P)

Loving this blue graphic sweater on him

Cha Yoo Jin in action - love the caption, too!

Loving his smile here

Keep it up, Oppa!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Some really nice black and white photos - I especially like the slightly vintage gritty feel of the second one.

JW during the set-up for the Grounds Forces Festival last year - what are the chances he'll be emceeing/performing again this time around?

lol - Silly Oppa. The photo's a bit blurry, but going by the foreground...my guess is that that's also a churro in his mouth? :yum:

Always love this particular expression of his: when he sees his fans and just completely lights up :) 

That moment when the get-up is Cha Yoo Jin, but the smile is all Moon Jun Won :grin:

Kim Tae Hyun's "not taking any of your BS" face

• Like 1