Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Dropping by with some pics for today!

Spoiler

Cute pouty face

Even though I don't have an Instagram account, I saw the whole trivia contest thing about JW's favourite colours - I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm also not surprised that they turned out to be black and white. So here are some shots of him in those two colours (again!)

Choosing this shot from "Nae Il's Cantabile" both for the colour (:wink:) and the pose:

A nice behind-the-scenes shot from "My Sassy Girl"

These shots of JW and Shim Eun Kyung at an event are really cute, too - the story's in the caption, and the conversation in the comments is worth checking out as well. (Long story short: the fans decided that SEK looked really pretty in that dress, and Cha Yoo Jin was making a comeback :tongue:)

• Like 1

Just stopping by for today's pics - this time, again, it's Throwback Thursday

Spoiler

This moment from 1N2D was so cute! Especially when he found out she was in her 90s, and his jaw just dropped, as it usually does.

Group photo of some of the cast from "Ojakgyo Brothers"

"Level 7 Civil Servant" Behind the Scenes - I especially like the picture on the top right (matching socks!) - From this Instagram slideshow: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWDhuPvlzyd/?taken-by=happy_khine_khine

"Level 7 Civil Servant" Behind the Scenes -

A really sweet behind-the-scenes photo from "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

JW in light pink - both as Gu Ma Jun and as Lee Kang To

Some shots of JW from "S.I.U." - It's a slideshow, so make sure you click through to see everything.

• Like 1

I guess we're coming close to a new page now? Because Soompi is getting rather laggy here for me - or, at least, more laggy than usual (it's never not lagging, I've found :tongue:).

I will admit that, on my computer at least, I think one of the reasons for the lag is the ads on this site. I use an ad-blocking app on my browser (Google Chrome), and there's a little icon that shows me how many items the app has blocked since I first get onto whichever page I'm on. Right now, more than 40 ads have been blocked so far just on this page alone - if I'm posting a fic, which takes longer, that number can easily go into the 100-200 range. O_O Point is: I don't know what on earth is trying to get loaded in the background that my computer's spending so much time and effort trying to block, but 1) I'm glad it is being blocked, and 2) what the heck, Soompi? Why so many ads?!

But anyway, here I am with today's pics!

Spoiler

His expressions in these pics are so cute and funny!

I'm not really sure where or when these pics are from, but I like seeing JW's sportier side

Liking this shot from "Yong Pal"

Similar pose, but very different feelings

A collage of mask pics

Ending it off for today with sleepy JW :) 

(EDIT: Bingo! - Sorry, you'll just have to imagine the voice, you know which one I'm talking about - It did turn into a new page with this post, after all.)

• Like 1

I've been having a rather busy time of things myself in my offline life, so right now, there's not much to offer except some more pics.

(In other words: no, I haven't had a chance to start writing again - although I do know what I want to do next :wink:)

Spoiler

This moment from "Nae Il's Cantabile" was really cute - too bad the pics cut out just before we see Cha Yoo Jin flinching in response, though :tongue: 

Childhood and adult versions of Gyun Woo and Princess Hyemyung in "My Sassy Girl"

I don't think this next one requires any explanation :tongue: 

Cutie smirk!

Looking so cool in the shades and leather jacket! :glasses:

That's a contagious smile, right there - once you see it, you can't help smiling back :D 

Loving all these casual Mountia outfits

• Like 1

I'm back!! But before we go to the pics corner, I want to say that thank god you are okay. From what you wrote, I can imagine that accident was so scary. I hope everyone is okay now.

So back to the topic! Four days ago, I posted something interesting on Instagram. Yeah! It is a profile thay Joo Won wrote himself when he was 13 years old. Looks like he wrote that in 2000. I found those photos in Joo Won DC gallery. All things he wrote is so funny. Here it is (you have to click it to see all the photos. The next photos is the translation of the profile) :

All his answers is just so innocent and cute. His explanation is also very funny. He described himself as a fast monkey? And what is about that hat octopus? Its so funny that he said his mascot is an octopus wearing a hat. Its funny because he chose a unusual animal to be his mascot. He even draw it in the end. Can't help but laughing so hard after I knew that Joo won wrote this himself. His personality that he wrote there is still exist until now. He is still our innocent, playful, and naive Joo won. 

And from here we know that he is person that always ready even in young age. He also said that his hobby is playing :lol:. Just like a 13 years old boy. He just like our cute adorable Joo won.

In the end, he even draw his mascot. Yeah! The hat octopus :lol:. After that he wrote the explanation: This is a hat octopus.

And now, pics corner!

Another photo that I shared. This is the man that wrote that funny profile. He is a success person now... I love him!

Have you ever seen this photo before? Because this is my first time. His messy brown hair ❤

Our busy actor is so serious

That smile in the end is killing me. ITS SO CUTE! He looks really happy after resolving the rubic cube. 

Can you guess what is Joo won's favorite colour?

The answer! Its 흰검 color. So it means he likes black and white. I never knew this until now. Because he never mention his favorite color in every interview. He looks good in every colour and seems like he likes all of them. Its a new interesting thing that knowing his favorite color is black and white. 

Joowon likes white and black.
White is 흰색(pronounce as spell, it's huin-saeg.)
Black is 검정색(pronounce as spell, it's geom-jung-saeg.)
흰검is the combination of the leading letter.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

I'm back!! But before we go to the pics corner, I want to say that thank god you are okay. From what you wrote, I can imagine that accident was so scary. I hope everyone is okay now.

It was a freak incident, where those who were injured and killed were not specifically targeted and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But this was by no means an accident - the driver did all that on purpose, so now he's been arrested by the police and charged with murder. The scary part, though, isn't so much that this happened, but that it was so random - yes, this man did drive up onto the sidewalk and run a bunch of people over on purpose (I've seen some of the security camera footage on the news, and he just kept on going for blocks - way too long for it to have been an accident), but he wasn't, say, part of a terrorist organization or anything like that. Just someone who was generally angry at the world and chose to lash out in a brutal and violent manner.

It reminds me, actually, of what JW said on "Healing Camp" - that if he lashed out (yelled at someone, hit someone, etc.) in his anger, he would only end up doing something wrong that he would regret later, so that's why he refuses to and would rather hide himself away and cry instead. I know that that's not the "manliest" of options out there, but I remember thinking that JW was so wise and mature for saying that - just 28 years old (international age) at the time, and already so far ahead of a number of his peers.

That really stands out to me now, since the driver in this incident in Toronto is just 25 years old (so the same age as someone like Park Bo Gum, for instance - okay, thinking about it that way makes this even freakier...I think I'll stop). On the one hand, it's scary that he's so young and already so filled with anger and hatred, but on the other hand, it's also scary that at 25, he's still so immature that he thinks a massive temper tantrum like this is okay. :( 

One last thing about events in Toronto: For what it's worth, and I'm only pointing this out because it is a Hallyu forum after all, a number of the casualties were Korean (both Korean students studying abroad in Canada, and Korean immigrants who have Canadian citizenship), since the neighbourhood where the incident took place is a predominantly Korean part of Toronto. I even go there sometimes if I want Korean food or want to go to a Korean supermarket or a Korean street festival. I'm not saying this because I think people should care more simply because there are Koreans among the victims (you all know that I think that's wrong), but because, well, I do want to give my condolences to Korea and its people, even if I have to do so indirectly here.

So back to the topic! Four days ago, I posted something interesting on Instagram. Yeah! It is a profile thay Joo Won wrote himself when he was 13 years old. Looks like he wrote that in 2000. I found those photos in Joo Won DC gallery. All things he wrote is so funny. Here it is (you have to click it to see all the photos. The next photos is the translation of the profile) :

Thanks for sharing! That is cute - I love that JW was just a normal kid living a normal childhood :) 

But I have the same question as you: what's with the octopus references??? Like, was that some silly childhood nickname or something? Or did he just like eating octopus that much? :tongue: 

By the way: if JW said himself that he was 13, then this would actually have been written in 1999, when he was 12 by international age, but 13 in Korean age. Yes, the math gets complicated sometimes, and I know I've messed it up before myself. But just remember: mentally subtract one year from whatever age a Korean celebrity gives to get the age that he/she would be in the rest of the world :wink: 

The answer! Its 흰검 color. So it means he likes black and white. I never knew this until now. Because he never mention his favorite color in every interview. He looks good in every colour and seems like he likes all of them. Its a new interesting thing that knowing his favorite color is black and white. 

I didn't know his favourite colours were black and white before this, but I did guess they would be something relatively neutral - like black or white or grey or dark blue or something. I didn't really think it would be a bright colour, since he doesn't seem to wear those much on his own (i.e. when his outfit's not decided by his stylists).

And now I'm just remembering the black and white blanket in his room on 1N2D - I don't have a pic or a video right now, but you probably know which one I mean.

• Like 1

Just popping by quickly with some pics!

Spoiler

I know that Morning Calm Village is one of JW's favourite places, and these shots from its terrace are gorgeous :) 

Loving these close-up shots - the first post is a slideshow :wink: 

I love the casual style he has here - it's from the music video for "Miss You" by S.M. the Ballad

We don't see him in these baseball/varsity jackets often anymore - mostly because he's grown up past that by now, more or less. But still, looking back...this is a cute look on him :) 

JW and Rain in similar outfits

A "Spring Awakening" reunion during the run of "Ghost: The Musical" - Kang Ha Neul visited his "Joo Won-ie hyung"

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 3:13 AM, kittyna said:

It reminds me, actually, of what JW said on "Healing Camp" - that if he lashed out (yelled at someone, hit someone, etc.) in his anger, he would only end up doing something wrong that he would regret later, so that's why he refuses to and would rather hide himself away and cry instead. I know that that's not the "manliest" of options out there, but I remember thinking that JW was so wise and mature for saying that - just 28 years old (international age) at the time, and already so far ahead of a number of his peers.

Hmm... I remember that. He not said that he would end up doing something wrong but he indeed said that he would rather be alone until his heart feel a lot better because Joo won said when he going mad at someone, he will feel guilty and it makes him, at the end, apologize to that person for being mad at him/her. So he choose to harbor his feelings until he gets better and finish the problem with a cool head or else he will cry alone if he feels he can't take it anymore. I think it's better than angry, go rage, and make a mess and finally don't get any solution at all. He is that kind of person. A wise and thoughtful person that always thinking other people's heart rather than his. 

But I have the same question as you: what's with the octopus references??? Like, was that some silly childhood nickname or something? Or did he just like eating octopus that much? :tongue: 

I don't know either. But its cute tho. Its a cute but strange animal to be your mascot :lol:. Now, people always compare him with bunny, cat, or puppy. Because they are so similar to joo won when he laugh or smile. Really cute.

I didn't know his favourite colours were black and white before this, but I did guess they would be something relatively neutral - like black or white or grey or dark blue or something. I didn't really think it would be a bright colour, since he doesn't seem to wear those much on his own (i.e. when his outfit's not decided by his stylists).

Yeah, I remember that Joo won, most of the time, choose to wear a neutral color like white and blue when he wants to sleep. Its his stylist turn to choose his daytime outfit so you might found him with bright color like green or red. Remember the green short Joo won wear in 1N2D :lol:

Pics!

So sexy

Post that I shared not long ago. I found this in DC gallery. I was full of proud feelings when I translating this. Yeah! I'm proud of him that he can surpass that time and make a great achievement there. Now, he is an assistant instructor. Its more difficult and tiring than that time. Just thinking about his job makes me tired. He need to train the trainees, preparing for the trainees practice and watching all of them. But he still nailed it. 

He was holding back his tears. His voice was shaking. :bawling: 

Never seen this photo before

Cute smirk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

I don't know either. But its cute tho. Its a cute but strange animal to be your mascot :lol:. Now, people always compare him with bunny, cat, or puppy. Because they are so similar to joo won when he laugh or smile. Really cute.

I remember seeing a lot of comments from 1N2D recaps on Dramabeans comparing JW to a puppy - and it was the cutest thing ever :)

The joke/reference in its entirety was that Uhm Tae Woong really liked dogs (he has many pet dogs, for those who don't know), and JW in the earlier part of 1N2D was always loyally sticking by UTW. So it basically turned into "the dog lover and his puppy". Or, as some people put it, thinking back to this video - JW was the "dog friend" (in "Hidden Contents" because there's one scene with the middle finger):

Spoiler

Yeah, obviously the actors exaggerated their behaviours to be more like the animals than actual people, but if you imagine a more toned down version of the dog friend...that joke on Dramabeans about JW's mannerisms on 1N2D was pretty spot on :wink: 

It was only after joining the forum here on Soompi that I saw more of the bunny references - although I did always think of JW as one because that's his actual sign in the Chinese zodiac. But yeah,  as I got to see more of his personality and whatnot, I thought that he was, actually, very bunny-like, and that that was so sweet :) 

Yeah, I remember that Joo won, most of the time, choose to wear a neutral color like white and blue when he wants to sleep. Its his stylist turn to choose his daytime outfit so you might found him with bright color like green or red. Remember the green short Joo won wear in 1N2D :lol:

Those green pants were quite something! Yeah, I really can't imagine JW wearing something like that unless his stylists picked that out first. It was part of the whole childlike aegyo-filled maknae image they were going for - you could see it with the cartoon caps and the brightly coloured shoes and all that as well. :) 

I do think the frequency with which he was wearing T-shirts, hoodies, and that sort of thing was his own idea, though :wink: 

Post that I shared not long ago. I found this in DC gallery. I was full of proud feelings when I translating this. Yeah! I'm proud of him that he can surpass that time and make a great achievement there. Now, he is an assistant instructor. Its more difficult and tiring than that time. Just thinking about his job makes me tired. He need to train the trainees, preparing for the trainees practice and watching all of them. But he still nailed it. 

Thanks for sharing! I knew from the stuff about G-Dragon what the trainees' schedule looked like, but not the instructors', so this is an eye-opener. But I do think that that's how it should be for those in a leadership position like that, and if JW's doing it well, then kudos for him :) 

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Sharing this one for the caption.

And to answer the question myself: I do like both, but if I absolutely had to pick, I think I prefer the longer hair. Not necessarily because JW pulls it off better than he does short hair, but because I think he pulls off the longer hair better than a lot of other Korean celebrities I've seen with it. I think it's because of what it does to his facial structure: emphasizing his higher and broader cheekbones but also making his jaw and chin line look smaller and sharper by comparison. So, in my mind, it sort of just became JW's thing.

The one hairstyle I've seen on him that I really didn't like, though, was the one with the super-short fringe he had for "Level 7 Civil Servant" - the hairstyle he had in the first bit of that drama was pretty normal for him, but then he got it cut way shorter after the one-year time skip, and it just looked weird on him, I thought.

I like the slightly vintage feel in these photos because of how they're coloured

I think this was for Beansbins, looking at his styling - anyway, the white shirt + white coffee mug combo is great :) 

lol - I remember this moment: Cha Yoo Jin was so confused when first Mini Min Hee and then Nae Il showed up for work at the coffee shop :tongue: 

And let's end it off by coming back full circle - JW with a puppy!

• Like 1

Just popping by with some pics for today.

Spoiler

A slideshow of some cute behind-the-scenes shots from "Good Doctor" - JW's not in all of them, but he's in some :wink: 

Gyun Woo and the young Prince in "My Sassy Girl"

Kudos to whoever stitched these two photos together - the result looks great :) 

Such deep dimples here - I know it's a trick of the lighting, but still :wink: 

This video (well, more a slideshow, really) is a lot of fun to watch :) 

I'll also say quickly now that I finally have the free time to start writing again (yay!). Nothing long enough for a decent preview yet, but just thought I'd make the announcement so you know what's coming.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 3:09 AM, kittyna said:

I remember seeing a lot of comments from 1N2D recaps on Dramabeans comparing JW to a puppy - and it was the cutest thing ever :)

Yeah! Its so cute. I see what they see. Sometimes Joo won is not also compared with puppy but also another cute animal like kitty or as I said, white bunny. It is the most memorable animal that compared with joo won since they looks so similar.

The joke/reference in its entirety was that Uhm Tae Woong really liked dogs (he has many pet dogs, for those who don't know), and JW in the earlier part of 1N2D was always loyally sticking by UTW. So it basically turned into "the dog lover and his puppy". Or, as some people put it, thinking back to this video - JW was the "dog friend" (in "Hidden Contents" because there's one scene with the middle finger):

The video is so funny tho. By the way, I also see that they Joo won is the dog people type. Because I found that his personality is somehow looks like what the video showed. Like when Joo won likes to lean on his brothers shoulders, always excited and cute, loyal, and also responsible. I love it! While the cat type is more like the quite and naughty type. 

Yeah, obviously the actors exaggerated their behaviours to be more like the animals than actual people, but if you imagine a more toned down version of the dog friend...that joke on Dramabeans about JW's mannerisms on 1N2D was pretty spot on :wink: 

The lean-on-the-shoulder scene is exactly reminds me about Joo won. I often see him put his chin on his brother's shoulder or hug them from behind. And even though its a bit funny but the excited smile behavior that the actor done also reminds me of Joo won's childlike smile that he always show to his hyungs. Owh, it makes me want to re-watch 1N2D again. I miss him so much.

Those green pants were quite something! Yeah, I really can't imagine JW wearing something like that unless his stylists picked that out first. It was part of the whole childlike aegyo-filled maknae image they were going for - you could see it with the cartoon caps and the brightly coloured shoes and all that as well. :) 

That green shorts is became a thing here. I know why, because its so cute. It is absolutely cute when Joo won wear it and walk around with that shorts. Especially when he doing something cute and talk like aegyo tone always do. I remember seeing the animated version of Joo won's green pants outfit. Its so cute. I know that cartoon is somehow like a representation of Joo won's aegyo outfit 

I do think the frequency with which he was wearing T-shirts, hoodies, and that sort of thing was his own idea, though :wink: 

When you see Joo won with plain t-shirt, sweater, trousers, sneakers, or sportswear. You will know that Joo won choose that outfit himself.

I remember Joo won said that there was a time that he always wear a sportswear wherever he goes and it makes his stylist banned all his sportswear clothes. After that, finally Joo won change his outfit like a sweater or long sleeve shirt, long pants and big sunglasses. Just like Joo won's style :lol:. Seems more fashionable than the other one. 

Anyway, I found this article about Joo won's character in baker king, kim tak goo. Yeah, Goo Ma joon. I don't know but I just want to share it here.

Joo Won start to explode heart-breaking charisma by the unfortunate evil man.

Joo Won is now acting vigorously as Goo Majun who is opposite against Kim Tak Goo at hit KBS drama “King of Baker” which audience rating is more than 30% now.

In 9th episode, clue of Goo Majun’s destiny is shown a little bit. To learn legendary Bong bread recipe, he joined Palbong bakery. For the question of his father Goo In Jong “Will you be able to get credit from Master Palbong?”, he swear he can.

Majun often block his rival Kim Tak Goo, , disturb Yang Miseon’s heart, show his mind for Yu Kyung. But, Yu Kyung’s mind goes to Kim Tak Goo. Especially, when he meet Yu Kyung at Keosung food establishment party, Yu Kyung say “I come here to meet Kim Tak Goo, who is your friend from childhood, and you never overcome him though you wanted continuously” That comment struck Majun’s heart bitterly.

The triangle among Majun, Tak Goo and Yu Kyung start. A man who don’t know his birth secret, son who eagerly want father’s love, son who want to receive credit from father, in spite of endeavor, always kneel in front of genius rival, unlucky man who cannot catch lover’s heart fully though he love her from bottom of heart. Goo Majun in “King of Baker” is a tragic character. We can fell pity for him if we know his deep feeling. He is trully tragic evil man.

While he make very sweet smile, suddenly changing to cold atmosphere figure. His vigorous acting keep attracts public’s eye to this drama.            

Now pics!

Another awesome videos made by fisof. I really love these videos. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. 

Miss him so much. I miss him in entertainment world. I miss him in new projects.

Matthew in altar boyz is so charming and charismatic. But behind the camera, he is a big chubby little kid. So adorable 

Funny! Yoon dong goo and Moon joon won table tennis skills

Charming dimples 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

The video is so funny tho. By the way, I also see that they Joo won is the dog people type. Because I found that his personality is somehow looks like what the video showed. Like when Joo won likes to lean on his brothers shoulders, always excited and cute, loyal, and also responsible. I love it! While the cat type is more like the quite and naughty type. 

35 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

The lean-on-the-shoulder scene is exactly reminds me about Joo won. I often see him put his chin on his brother's shoulder or hug them from behind. And even though its a bit funny but the excited smile behavior that the actor done also reminds me of Joo won's childlike smile that he always show to his hyungs. Owh, it makes me want to re-watch 1N2D again. I miss him so much.

lol - Moments like these ones, right?

Spoiler

a8b6260cadf0afbca9166f465299c767.jpg

a8e00f530a84b38d3352066bb22373d7.jpg

e18b7283489d807a007e47de582d54c1.jpg

Now that you mention it, you're right - I think that is one of JW's most frequent gestures on 1N2D :) 

Other moments from the "Cat Friend vs. Dog Friend" video that reminded me of JW and his hyungs:

1. His super-excited reaction when his roommate came home.

I remember all the times JW's face would just light up whenever he saw his hyungs, especially those he liked most. So, for instance, there was the "Wow-mazing Race" episode where JW picked kimchi stew (over soybean paste stew) and was taken to the filming location to meet the rest of his team - he was so happy when he saw that they were Uhm Tae Woong and Lee Su Geun. :D Or, the moment from that same trip when JW, after fighting off Sung Si Kyung for the flag, just reaches out and desperately grabs UTW's hand once he shows up - he looked like he was thinking, "Hyung's here, it's gonna be okay now." Or that time he just was so happy when he found Yu Hae Jin at the rest stop, and then even happier when UTW showed up, too, leading to a mini Sim Entertainment (now Huayi Brothers) reunion. :) 

2. His sad pouty face in the spilled milk scene

JW's good at that sort of sad aegyo: he'll give his hyungs this really cute pout when he's unhappy, and they can't help but feel bad for him and want to help out. It's one of those things that can get really annoying when it's put-on or fake, but you can see that JW really means it when he does it.

3. The roommate's "That's a good boy!" reaction at the end

So, this isn't so much anything that JW does, but I have noticed his hyungs reacting in a very similar way to just about anything good or cute or helpful he does. :) They love to give him encouragement and you can see that they all - although probably SSK even more so than the others - really appreciate it when he's being the good obedient and helpful maknae. I mention SSK in particular, since you can see it in a lot of the moments when they're alone: SSK chose JW to be his assistant when he volunteered to make breakfast for the entire group, and the whole Boy Scout camping trip was a great example of this, especially when SSK kept encouraging JW when the work (building the shelter, making a campfire, etc.) got hard.

Speaking of 1N2D...I can't believe I forgot I had this pic in my collection, so here it is now :wink: 

And this one's not exactly from 1N2D, but, well....

147dbc1ce6ff690dc3c4ecad563ad9b5.jpg

When you see Joo won with plain t-shirt, sweater, trousers, sneakers, or sportswear. You will know that Joo won choose that outfit himself.

I remember Joo won said that there was a time that he always wear a sportswear wherever he goes and it makes his stylist banned all his sportswear clothes. After that, finally Joo won change his outfit like a sweater or long sleeve shirt, long pants and big sunglasses. Just like Joo won's style :lol:. Seems more fashionable than the other one. 

Mind you, he couldn't stay with the sportswear/aegyo style forever - people do have to grow up :tongue: 

But I like his new style more than his old one, and I also think that he's reached the point where he really makes it his own and it's not just his stylists anymore. :) 

Funny! Yoon dong goo and Moon joon won table tennis skills

That's cute - thanks for sharing! Now you're making me wish that JW could guest on 1N2D again. Just once. I want a Yoon Si Yoon-Joo Won reunion!

I've already shared a lot of pics from 1N2D, so I'll keep my normal post brief.

Spoiler

This moment from "Life Log"/"Nae Il's Cantabile" never gets old

A cool and charismatic look from "Yong Pal" - JW pulls off the basic tee look really well :) - From this post on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BORgpUuB12f/?tagged=yongpal

e6e9261d2dc791f7ab4e73a44f2eda0b.jpg

JW and Ahn Jae Hyun promoting "Fashion King"

Cutie Park Si On

And cutie Lee Ho Tae on "Catch Me" - If he's trying to look intimidating here, he's failing miserably, and hilariously :tongue: 

• Like 1

Just dropping by quickly with a second goody for today: Preview #1 of my next fic!

Spoiler

A pinging sound rings out from my phone just as I am packing up my things from my last class this Friday morning. The professor shoots me a hard look from his place at the lectern in the front of the classroom, but rather than being chastised, I return it with a rather devilish smirk of my own.

We students, after all, have already been released. What happens afterwards is our own business.

Still, I do know to at least wait until I have stepped out of the classroom into the hallway before taking out my phone to actually read the message. As I open it up, I feel a smile spread over my face at what I see written there:

Change of plans, Orabang – come meet me at the gate to the Gardens instead.

“Babo,” I can’t help murmuring to myself as I step out onto the second-floor landing on the Mozarteum’s main stairway and turn to head down towards the main floor.

As if I didn’t know that she preferred the Gardens all along.

It’s a habit that started when Nae Il and I were still at Haneum: whenever we could manage it in our schedules, we would meet up somewhere on campus for lunch. There’s nothing really romantic about it. It’s just the two of us sitting together, each of us with a sandwich or a doshirak or something of the sort, taking a moment to catch up or to work on our individual assignments in companionable silence.

This past winter, when it was too cold to sit outside, we would find a spot in the main foyer or one of the common areas; there have even been some occasions when we would meet clandestinely in some empty practice room. But now that spring is here and it is finally warm enough, I know that Nae Il has been looking forward to going outside once again.

[...]

At first, neither of us talk much, choosing instead to focus on the sandwiches Nae Il had packed for us both this morning. But eventually, sooner or later, one of us will say something.

This time, though, I surprise myself by going first.

“Nae Il-ah.”

She turns her head, peering curiously at me. “Hm?”

“Do you have your headphones with you?”

“Of course I do,” she replies brightly, reaching for her canvas tote to retrieve them. “You know me, Orabang: I always carry these with me.”

Once she has them out of her bag, I hold out a hand. “Let me borrow them for a moment.”

Nae Il does as she’s told, but I can tell that she’s confused. “Wae?” she asks as, reaching for my phone, I plug the headphones into the audio jack.

“Just listen,” I reply, handing the headphones back to her. Then, once I see that she is wearing them, I open the music player on my phone and scroll through for the piece I’m looking for.

In an instant, Nae Il’s expression changes from one of confusion to one of delighted surprise. Her head bobs along to the music that I know is now ringing in her ears: a strident chord from an orchestra, a bunch more hurtling downwards as a piano takes over, the two meeting up at the bottom into a fanfare.

As the music changes into its first theme – a slow lyrical melody played first by the winds, then, once again, by the piano – Nae Il looks up at me for the first time, her hands pressed over her ears to keep the headphones in place as she moves.

“Orabang,” she begins, her voice hushed in wonder, “is this a concerto?”

I answer with a nod. “Schumann’s Piano Concerto in A-Minor – the only one he ever composed.”

“Schumann….” Understanding begins to light up in her eyes. “You mean Robert Schumann, right?”

I nod again.

“And did his wife – I mean, did Clara Schumann play this piece, too?”

“Geu rae. She was the soloist he wrote it for, and so she was the one to premiere it.”

Reaching out, I take hold of her hands and bring them down from her ears into her lap. There, clasping both of her hands in mine, I look earnestly into her eyes.

“Would you like to play this concerto with me, Nae Il-ah, at the Rising Star reunion concert this summer?” After a moment’s pause, I add, “I know, when I had first proposed this to you back in Seoul – the two of us working together, I mean – we were speaking of the Rachmaninoff. But since that’s already been performed by Sohn Su Ji…I want to use something else instead: something that’s just going to be yours.”

Furrowing my brow at what I had just said, I shake my head.

“Ani. Not yours. Ours.”

It’s a good thing that we are sitting in a shaded and relatively secluded spot, because instead of saying anything, the first thing Nae Il does in response is to free one of her hands from my grip and place it softly against my cheek.

“Of course, Orabang – do you even need to ask?”

It’s a good thing that she seems to pause a moment in thought before she makes her next move. That’s the only reason why I am able to intercept her, putting my finger to her lips to stop her before she could kiss me.

In an instant, Nae Il’s eyes, which had closed in anticipation for the kiss, fly open. Her face contorts into an annoyed grimace as she reels back from me.

“Seriously, Orabang? Is that how you’re going to react right now?”

My lips press together into a thin line. “Ya, Seollebal – you know the rule.”

She glances around us. “But no-one’s looking!”

“We’re still in public, though.”

Realizing that she’s not about to change my mind, Nae Il concedes with a huff. Fortunately, the music still playing in her head is enough to distract her, and she wiggles slightly in her seat until she settles into a comfortable spot.

“All right, then. Have it your way, Orabang,” she mutters. Then, turning her head to look back at me with one last petulant glare, she adds, “But you owe me when we get home.”

Yep, it's another installment of my "Seolleim in Salzburg" series. What can I say? I can only go where my imagination takes me, and this story idea came together really fast. :tongue: 

• Like 1

Just dropping by with some pics for today.

Once again, it's Throwback Thursday time!

Spoiler

A bunch of photos from when JW played Doody in "Grease" - I've shared some of these shots individually before, but this is my first time seeing a number of them.

Another cute old shot from 1N2D

920f48c0825e9144332609eb9640fbe2.jpg

A rare smile from Gu Ma Jun

A piece of fanart from JW's time on "Level 7 Civil Servant" - The story here is that people thought that Choi Kang Hee and JW were both very childlike, so they were, at one point, called the "kindergarten couple" (or something like that?). So this pic shows both of them in kindergarten uniforms.

(To be fair, though - those uniforms actually look more like the Japanese ones I've seen - it's the little yellow hats that do it for me)

7993a3448cdafc7b4d892ab9082b6a21.jpg

And...moving on!

Park Si On mukbang

JW and Jin Se Yeon for Edwin - I know they modeled together because of "Gaksital", but is that also meant to be a "Kim Tak Gu" reference? What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Just popping by with some pics for today.

Spoiler

JW and the dragonfly - because pictures from this moment filming "Nae Il's Cantabile" just never get old

This shot from "Yong Pal" is just epically gorgeous

Such a sweet and infectious smile! (First one's a slideshow)

I'd said before that I didn't really like the short straight fringe he has as Han Gil Ro in "Level 7 Civil Servant" - but in this case, it's once again the smile I'm focusing on.

5bb6e1857532cf2d4fabca279dda2f28.jpg

Happy water shot - This looks to be from filming "Yong Pal"; I recognize that backpack :wink: 

The shot's nothing new, but the info is - I love when people share where K-drama characters' costumes are from :) 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 11:25 PM, kittyna said:

Now that you mention it, you're right - I think that is one of JW's most frequent gestures on 1N2D :) 

Its just some of all sweet funny moments that Joo won did in 1N2D. Can't forget it. Its still fresh in my mind, the first time I watch the show. First, I watched the show because of Joo won but after some more episodes, at the end, I love all of them. They have different charms and personality that makes them special. Sometimes, I read the comments and found something like "I love season 2 members, they love each other like a real brothers. If season 3 PD and season 2 members work together, the show will be awesome." 

I know why they comment like that because I feel the same too. But the other side, I also know that people has different opinions too. There are some that satisfied just like the way it is and there are also some that want the show to be different. 

His super-excited reaction when his roommate came home.

I remember all the times JW's face would just light up whenever he saw his hyungs, especially those he liked most. So, for instance, there was the "Wow-mazing Race" episode where JW picked kimchi stew (over soybean paste stew) and was taken to the filming location to meet the rest of his team - he was so happy when he saw that they were Uhm Tae Woong and Lee Su Geun.

I remember that! He was jumping because he was so excited. There are also another moments like that. When Joo won found out that Sung Si Kyung was get in in his team (its in the episode where they have to walk on baugil course). Joo won was welcomed him with smile and excitement. 

3. The roommate's "That's a good boy!" reaction at the end

So, this isn't so much anything that JW does, but I have noticed his hyungs reacting in a very similar way to just about anything good or cute or helpful he does. :)

Just like everyone, Joo won also love when people notice and encouragement. I love that he always feel shy everytime his hyungs praise him. He will look down and shook his head while saying "no, I'm not like that". That is our humble boy. 

Mind you, he couldn't stay with the sportswear/aegyo style forever - people do have to grow up :tongue:

Sportswear is not always aegyo style. He can wear a sportswear without showing an aegyo style. It can be casual. Like a t-shirt, sneakers, training pants. I think he still stick with that style until now at home or when he is not at work. 

That's cute - thanks for sharing! Now you're making me wish that JW could guest on 1N2D again. Just once. I want a Yoon Si Yoon-Joo Won reunion!

Its like everyone is hoping the same. I also want a baket king reunion. If not in drama, at least it can be in variety show. It will be hilarious and awesome. 

Pics!!!

Love this video so much. His smile is very contagious.

I don't know but I just want to share this picture. His eyes is full of emotions 

Because recently is children's day. I want to share this photos of young Joo won here.

Joo won and seol hyun for mind bridge 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Its just some of all sweet funny moments that Joo won did in 1N2D. Can't forget it. Its still fresh in my mind, the first time I watch the show. First, I watched the show because of Joo won but after some more episodes, at the end, I love all of them. They have different charms and personality that makes them special. Sometimes, I read the comments and found something like "I love season 2 members, they love each other like a real brothers. If season 3 PD and season 2 members work together, the show will be awesome." 

I know why they comment like that because I feel the same too. But the other side, I also know that people has different opinions too. There are some that satisfied just like the way it is and there are also some that want the show to be different.

I first started watching 1N2D knowing two members: JW and Uhm Tae Woong (although JW was the one who got me interested), so I didn't watch Season 1, and I never actually got around to watching Season 3. It's not that I don't like the cast of Season 3, though - I think it's just that when I think of "1N2D", it's still the Season 2 stuff that comes up first in my mind.

Of course, each season would have its own distinct style, because the PD and the cast members all have their own personalities - so two different people are taking on the same role within the group between two seasons (e.g. JW being the maknae in Season 2 and Jung Joon Young being the maknae in Season 3) would have an entirely different feel to them. Like, I've watched some snippets from Season 3, and I can't imagine JW doing or saying the same things JJY does, or vice-versa. And that's okay - each guy has his own style :) 

But this experience has shown me why, at the same time, some people who did start watching from Season 1 had a hard time adjusting to the feel of Season 2 - because, for them, it's Season 1's cast and crew that's become iconic for them.

When Joo won found out that Sung Si Kyung was get in in his team (its in the episode where they have to walk on baugil course). Joo won was welcomed him with smile and excitement. 

lol - I think that trip was my favourite one from 1N2D, period. I loved all groupings that they had (Yu Hae Jin with Lee Su Geun, Uhm Tae Woong with Cha Tae Hyun, Sung Si Kyung with JW, and Kim Jong Min by himself with his VJ); it might have just been coincidence, but everyone wound up with someone he really liked and got along well with, so even if it wasn't a very fast-paced or funny episode, it was a really sweet friendship-oriented one :) 

Sportswear is not always aegyo style. He can wear a sportswear without showing an aegyo style. It can be casual. Like a t-shirt, sneakers, training pants. I think he still stick with that style until now at home or when he is not at work. 

True. You've got a good point there. When I said "sportswear/aegyo" style, I meant the super bright and colourful version that we saw on 1N2D or when JW was doing the endorsement for Edwin. Those are a bit more teenaged, I find.

And now for my pics for today. This time, I'm featuring a bunch of different collages that I've found from an Instagram account that's recently come up on my radar. This is a fan account for multiple celebrities, including JW, and so they like making collages that feature, say, images of different celebrities along the same theme.

Spoiler

So since @moonstrike already did something for Children's Day, here's one more:

Going to the gym - Read the comments on this one if you get the chance; they're pretty interesting

Glasses pics

Pics with puppies

And flowers

And a couple more miscellaneous ones I just liked

• Like 1

I was wondering whether to share this excerpt from the fic I'm working on now or just hold off until the end. But I am feeling rather proud of it, because it is a bit of a step up in my romance writing. And besides, it's not all that spoiler-y (actually, there's not much in this current fic that can really count as spoilers; it's more a slice-of-life sort of story than anything with a very concrete plot), so here goes!

Preview #2 of my current in-progress fic!

(Note: some details will make more sense once you see the whole thing, so just bear with me until then!)

Spoiler

Once more, I find myself looking her over.

“Where’s your apron?”

“Oh, right – about that….” Nae Il’s voice trails off as she looks over her shoulder back into her room. It’s only at this point that I notice what she has done with her hair: pulling it back into two twin braids that end just at the nape of her neck.

“I was wondering, Orabang, if you could help me with that.”

Giving her a nod in assent, I wave for her to go inside first, following just steps behind.

The first thing I notice instead, however, is Nae Il’s pajamas, crumpled up and strewn haphazardly on the floor where she had taken them off.

I give her a pointed look. “Ya, Seollebal….”

She flashes me a sheepish smile. “Mianhaeyo, Orabang,” she murmurs as she crouches down to gather them up into her arms. “I’ll take care of that.”

As she busies herself folding up her pajamas and putting them away, I direct my attention to the two aprons she has laid out on her bed. Like most of the local Austrian girls, Nae Il has decided to buy multiple aprons: doing this is an easy way to get more wear out of a single dress, as it allows the wearer to change the look of an ensemble without much work or money. In her case, picking up on the pattern of the fabric she had chosen for her dress, Nae Il has gotten two pink aprons: one lighter with a delicate floral pattern, the other one darker but with decoration only on its ribbon ties.

I glance skeptically at her. “You’re not expecting me to pick one for you, are you?”

Nae Il, having just put her pajamas into her chest of drawers, now sidles up beside me. “Aniyo – I’ve already decided that,” she answers, reaching past me and snatching up the darker apron with one hand. Shaking it out, she positions it in front of her dress and starts wrapping its long ribbon ties around her waist.

From what she’s doing so far, it seems that Nae Il is already doing fine on her own. “So what did you want help with?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at her for good measure.

She shoots me a pointed look, her hands coming to a stop. “You know what they say about how the bow should be tied, right?”

I answer with a nod. “On the left if you’re single, on the right if you’re taken.”

And that’s when I notice just where Nae Il has stopped: holding the apron in place with one hand, with the ribbons’ ends dangling on her right side.

“Ya, Seol Nae Il,” I begin drily, “that’s not how this tradition works.”

“I know, Orabang.” She glances down at her apron, then back up at me. “I’m not saying that this is how you’re supposed to do it; I’m saying that that’s how I want you to do it.” I catch a flirtatious twinkle in her eye when she adds, “Besides, if I’m saying to the world that I’m already taken, why not let the man who has taken me seal the deal himself?”

For a moment, I just stare at her, my mouth dropping open a little bit in surprise, but also in anticipation. Seol Nae Il being who she is, she can be quite brazen and forward when she wants to be, and this is clearly one of those times.

“Arasseo.” I get down on one knee in front of Nae Il, and when she finally hands off the ribbons to me, I can’t resist giving them a sharp impish tug, sending her stumbling a step forward towards me. A devilishly satisfied smirk tugs at the corner of my mouth when I hear her giggle coquettishly in response.

“If this is how you want to do it, Nae Il-ah, then that’s how I’ll do it,” I say, firmly enunciating my words to lend them a certain solemnity as I tie the ribbons into a neat bow. Then, once I’m finished, I smooth the fabric of her apron and also what’s left exposed of her skirt on either side with my hands.

“There. Now you’re ready.”

That would have been the end of it, but just then, I feel Nae Il’s own hand come down lightly on top of my head. She strokes it back, running her fingers through my hair, before coming back around to cup my cheek in a gentle caress.

“Komawoyo, Orabang.”

Somewhere deep inside of me, the dam breaks.

I can no longer resist – nor do I want to.

Taking both of Nae Il’s hands in mine, I grasp tightly onto them as I stand myself back up. Then, letting go just long enough to place my hands on either side of her head instead, I tilt her face up towards me and swoop down in a kiss.

Clearly, she likes it. I feel her lips part just a little bit as she gasps in contentment, and that’s all the invitation I need to pull her in deeper. And then, just when I’ve finished and have started to pull back, she attacks in turn: snaking her hands inside the open collar of my shirt and resting them on the back of my neck so that I feel a shudder travelling down my spine as she pulls me into a kiss of her own.

Finally, after a short moment that feels like forever, we drift apart, both of us flushed and gasping for breath. As Nae Il takes a step back from me, I note the way her chest rises and falls heavily, perfectly accentuated by the dress’s tight corset-like fit. She, her hand placed just over her heart, must have noticed in turn the way that, involuntarily, I lick my bottom lip at the sight.

But that is just a moment, a fleeting distraction. As we watch each other calm, our hearts slowing back down and our breaths becoming even and easy once again, I find that I still have the presence of mind to note the time.

“Come on, Nae Il-ah, we have to go.” I finally manage to get out as I turn to leave. “The festival will be starting soon.”

After taking a step towards the hallway outside, I stop and glance back over my shoulder at her. Just as I’d expected, she is still frozen in place.

“Ara, ara – I know that you don’t mind, that you’d be happy to spend the whole day at home doing what we just did. But I’ve already put my mark on you, and you’re the one who wanted to show that off – so let’s not let our efforts go to waste.”

Not often that I write something that can be considered steamy by my standards - the last time was Valentine's Day, I think :tongue: So consider this a special treat :wink: 

• Like 1

So just popping by quickly with some pics for today!

Spoiler

"Nae Il's Cantabile" Behind the Scenes

Loving this shot for "Catch Me"

A few miscellaneous magazine pages

I know that JW prefers neutral colours like black and white, but he also pulls off brighter colours well

Loving his expression in this shot - it's so cute!

• Like 1

Dropping by with some pics for today!

Spoiler

Now here's a style I haven't seen before!

What's really going on in those interviews/photoshoots

Just really liking how these shots turned out

• Like 1