Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Once again, just popping by with some more pics!

I've noticed that JW's fan community has been really active on Instagram lately, but things seem to be quieter here. Well, I'm determined to keep this going for as long as I can :glasses:

Spoiler

One thing I am starting to wonder about, though, is whether to hold off on posting new fics until this forum gets a bit more active. Because if I keep posting pics like this every day, any new fic I share will just end up getting buried unread and without feedback if it's just me here.

• Like 1

HEYYYY!!!!!! I'M BACK. AFTER A LONG WEEK FOR ME FINALLY I CAN VISIT THIS FORUM AGAIN. lately, I just can post pic on instagram but now I'm here again. Lets reply!

On 3/29/2018 at 1:36 AM, kittyna said:

Yeah - both Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin were so rational about the debate, and there was just some really awesome script-writing as well. A lot of their conversations were like that: they don't just communicate what they want to say, but do so in a way that's also beautiful...the stuff that novels are made of :) 

Yeah! I love their mind blowing conversations actually. They both right on their own that makes the audience confused what yeo jin should do. Should she take his husband advise or stand on her own mind and kill chief lee. (Personally, I more choose Tae hyun's advise because it will lead to more better future and they will be happily ever after. Revenge always lead to something bad)

Yeah, that to me makes more sense than the liver cancer being caused by just the drug Chae Young gave her itself. Just like I don't think Yeo Jin's hallucinations came just from the drug, either. Chief Lee does mention hallucinations as a symptom of being poisoned by that drug, but there's also something psychological or emotional going on that probably made Yeo Jin particularly susceptible to it. If nothing else, the fact that she ends up so terrified that she passes out whenever she sees President Go or her brother...that's more a reflection of her emotional state than her physical health.

Yeah, I also think like that. Her guilty feelings and Tae hyun's absence in her life makes her mental health drops. And don't forget that she also still drinking that poison from her water so there must be side affect that help that hallucinations. 

Actually, that whole scene on 1N2D where the guys had to take turns making breakfast was just brilliant. Since they were allowed to discuss among themselves and figure out a plan in advance, they really took advantage of the fact that Si Kyung and JW were the best cooks out of the seven of them.

When joo won cooked, there was a caption says that he is a good avatar. And that is absolutely right. He wash the rice and put it on the stove and then cut the kimchi, after that he beat eggs to make toast. He did a lot in just 2 minutes. Its funny that they shouting to each other while they cooking.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:46 AM, kittyna said:

Just popping by quickly to share a preview for my next fic. It's going to be a short one, so I don't anticipate sharing all that many sneak peeks before the actual thing is done.

Wooow! Yong pal fanfic! Finally... i really love this drama. And its always happy for me to read fanfic about it. I just love all their characters here. Especially our two leads, Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin. The ending also always makes me want to read fanfics about it.

23 hours ago, kittyna said:

Okay, I've been running this show on my own for a while, so today, I want to change things up. Rather than sharing pics, I have a couple of videos I want to show you all.

Then, I should share some too! I have bunch of good videos that I found on youtube.

This one makes me sad. The music and the scene that she or he picked is so great. Makes me wonder, it must be really great if Gu ma joon's story made into a drama, I mean one drama about his life and sorrow.

This one will change your mood. And makes you miss him. It contains his good photos too!

Now pics!!!

Can you believe he is a 31 years old man? He doesn't look like one. 

That baby face is just awesome! He is aging backwards. 

Another baby face picture. Big eye and flawless skin.

Suit is always good on him. His appearance in KBS drama award in 2014 

Take me with you!

And last, cutie expression from this adorable man. Smile!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moonstrike said:

HEYYYY!!!!!! I'M BACK. AFTER A LONG WEEK FOR ME FINALLY I CAN VISIT THIS FORUM AGAIN. lately, I just can post pic on instagram but now I'm here again. Lets reply!

Yay, you're back! I knew you were around since I saw the stuff you posted on Instagram, but I was wondering when you'd drop by here again :) 

You'll have to forgive my craziness from these past few days, though - I was starting to go a bit nuts with boredom over there :tongue: 

(Personally, I more choose Tae hyun's advise because it will lead to more better future and they will be happily ever after. Revenge always lead to something bad)

I love how K-dramas come to this theme a lot - so many stories are about protagonists who want revenge on those who have wronged them, but they do a really realistic job of showing how revenge ends up hurting them more than helping them. Even Chae Young, as an antagonist, had to admit it: she wondered why she didn't feel as happy seeing Yeo Jin so sick as she'd thought she would.

Yeah, I also think like that. Her guilty feelings and Tae hyun's absence in her life makes her mental health drops. And don't forget that she also still drinking that poison from her water so there must be side affect that help that hallucinations. 

Hey, even Han Do Joon and Chief Lee had hallucinations after they thought they'd killed Yeo Jin - so I think there was definitely some sort of guilt-induced psychosis that the director and writer were trying to point out in this story. :wink: 

Wooow! Yong pal fanfic! Finally... i really love this drama. And its always happy for me to read fanfic about it. I just love all their characters here. Especially our two leads, Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin. The ending also always makes me want to read fanfics about it.

Well, this first fanfic I'm working on, while Yeo Jin is a significant character, is more about Tae Hyun and also features a lot of miscellaneous supporting characters (which you may have figured out already from the preview). I do want to write something that's more deliberately focused on Yeo Jin and Tae Hyun's interactions with each other in the future, but for this fic...let's just say there are some things about their relationship that Tae Hyun needs to figure out alone :wink: 

It's a bit hard to find snippets that aren't too spoiler-y for previews right now, but here's one:

Spoiler

On the way, I spot Sang Chul standing off by himself in the hallway, either making or taking a phone call. Noting the surprise that flashes across his face before it turns into a small smile as he nods in greeting, I can’t help teasing him a little bit.

“Who’s that you’re calling?” I ask, gesturing at the phone. “A girl?”

I had just meant it as a joke, but I am surprised to see his eyes widen in response.

“Ya, Lee Sang Chul!” I point a warning finger at him. “If you’ve already got a girlfriend, you’d better let So Hyun know. If I find out that you’re stringing her along…” I finish my statement by making a fist and pretending to throw a punch at him.

I am careful to keep my tone and expression light so that Sang Chul would know I’m joking, but he still just gives me a solemn nod, as he usually does. That’s the way he is. Sang Chul is a great and loyal friend to have around, but he tends to respond to my jokes with stern-faced reserve and my attempts to get him to lighten up have mostly failed. I still remember learning the hard way, for instance, not to throw him a teasing “Jugulae?” when he says anything ridiculous – although the sight of him literally trying to punch himself that first time made me almost fall over laughing, it’s not one I want to repeat anytime soon.

Ali had stopped in his tracks when I paused to speak with Sang Chul, but by now, he is losing his patience: shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he jerks his head towards the kitchen, his hands too occupied holding his baby sibling to wave me along.

[...]

I notice that there is still a little bit of rice left over, and that gives me an idea. After asking for So Hyun’s permission to use it and washing my own hands, I grab the container and bring it with me to the water boiler. There, after adding some hot water, I use a spoon to mash the rice into a thick paste.

“Whatcha doing, Oppa?” So Hyun asks, coming to peer over my shoulder, the baby still in her arms.

I respond with a smile and a soft laugh. “You don’t remember? Well, of course you wouldn’t. I used to do this for you when you were little, on the days when Eomma had to take on extra shifts at work.” I glance over my shoulder at where Ali is sitting at the table eating with the other kids. “I was probably around Ali’s age – maybe a bit younger, still.” Returning my gaze to my sister, I add, “Hard to believe it’s already been twenty years, and look where we are now.”

So Hyun makes a face and punches me lightly in the arm with her free hand. “Ya, Oppa – don’t you start again.” She leans in to whisper, “If you get sentimental in front of all the kids here, we’ll never live it down.”

I know that. But it’s hard to stop myself from doing it – especially since there are moments when I still can’t believe that So Hyun is, well, still alive. Strange thing to be grateful for, but if anyone finds me strange for it, it’s just because they’ve never been there.

Still, So Hyun is right. There’s no point putting her on the spot like this. So, immediately, I school my expression into one of affected indifference.

And moving on!

Can you believe he is a 31 years old man? He doesn't look like one.

That baby face is just awesome! He is aging backwards. 

lol - It's funny, because when I was watching "Yong Pal", I was thinking about how grown-up JW looked as Kim Tae Hyun. And then I come across pictures like this, and it's like, "Nope - he's still a kid :tongue:"

Take me with you!

This makes me wonder: if you could step into the world of one of JW's dramas (e.g. actually be in the same world as, say, Park Si On or Kim Tae Hyun, etc.), which one would it be?

And a few more videos, just because I can :wink: 

I really like this second one - dance break time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

Yay, you're back! I knew you were around since I saw the stuff you posted on Instagram, but I was wondering when you'd drop by here again :) 

I always want to visit this forum but didn't have time and tired so I just posting my photo collection on instagram. But now I'm back again!

I love how K-dramas come to this theme a lot - so many stories are about protagonists who want revenge on those who have wronged them, but they do a really realistic job of showing how revenge ends up hurting them more than helping them. Even Chae Young, as an antagonist, had to admit it: she wondered why she didn't feel as happy seeing Yeo Jin so sick as she'd thought she would.

Yeah, I remember that joo won also already played a character that wants to take revenge, its in baker king. But in the end, he finally know his feelings and start helping tak gu. He didn't happy with his revenge. And in yong pal, I'm actually really happy that yeo jin not happy with her revenge and lost tae hyun. In episode 17, she came to the clinic and wanted to end her sorrow and live happily with his husband. And its a pity that the ending is hanging, such a typical of korean drama. They want to make the audience make their own ending. Yong pal will have a good ending if they show our couples life after yeo jin wake up.

Hey, even Han Do Joon and Chief Lee had hallucinations after they thought they'd killed Yeo Jin - so I think there was definitely some sort of guilt-induced psychosis that the director and writer were trying to point out in this story. :wink: 

Oh! I remember that. They have guilty feelings too. But that is because their own bad choice that leads them into that nightmare.

I do want to write something that's more deliberately focused on Yeo Jin and Tae Hyun's interactions with each other in the future,

Great! I'm waiting for that one. Chemistry between this couple is one that I've been waiting for. 

lol - It's funny, because when I was watching "Yong Pal", I was thinking about how grown-up JW looked as Kim Tae Hyun. And then I come across pictures like this, and it's like, "Nope - he's still a kid :tongue:"

Its just an acting. Our Joo won is still the same. He is still our adorable cute lil kid. Even Kim Tae Hee said that he is full of aegyo in the filming set. She said that Joo won change into charismatic and cool Yong pal in just a blink of an eye but change again to himself (cute kid) when the director says "cut!". That is how brilliant he is as an actor.

This makes me wonder: if you could step into the world of one of JW's dramas (e.g. actually be in the same world as, say, Park Si On or Kim Tae Hyun, etc.), which one would it be?

If there is a door that will takes me into Joo won's drama character life three times, I will first choose to go to Park Shi on's life. He is so cute that I really want to meet him myself. Second is hwang tae hee, Ojakgyo brothers. I want to see his life with his wife after the drama end. And last is kim tae hyun, yong pal. Same reason. Their life is so interesting that makes me want to watch it myself. Oh! I also want to talk to them. All of them is so attractive!

Pics!

When Joo won acting with his eyebrows. Legit awesome!

All his fans feeling the same. Joo won is a cute kid behind the camera 

Still cute and handsome.

So funny!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Yeah, I remember that joo won also already played a character that wants to take revenge, its in baker king. But in the end, he finally know his feelings and start helping tak gu. He didn't happy with his revenge.

I think Gu Ma Jun's turnaround is still one of my favourites in all the K-dramas I've watched. There were so many times when I wanted him to do the right thing, but then he didn't or would make a bad choice...I think that build-up of frustration made the moment he helped to save Kim Tak Gu ("Who called the cops?" "I did.") so awesome and epic. Definitely worth the wait! :D 

Oh! I remember that. They have guilty feelings too. But that is because their own bad choice that leads them into that nightmare.

And now I just remembered - close to the beginning, Tae Hyun had such a hallucination, too. Not because he did anything wrong, but because the question of whether to revive Yeo Jin was bugging him so much. :tongue: 

"Yong Pal" did an interesting job in its portrayal of people's mental health and stability, I think. Because we have things like these hallucinations and sightings, and they're filmed like something out of a horror movie. But they're not, like, ghosts or spirits; they're clearly coming from the characters' own minds.

Its just an acting. Our Joo won is still the same. He is still our adorable cute lil kid. Even Kim Tae Hee said that he is full of aegyo in the filming set. She said that Joo won change into charismatic and cool Yong pal in just a blink of an eye but change again to himself (cute kid) when the director says "cut!". That is how brilliant he is as an actor.

I would like to see more of the grown-up side in real life as well - that's one of the things I'm looking forward to from his upcoming discharge from the military.

If there is a door that will takes me into Joo won's drama character life three times, I will first choose to go to Park Shi on's life. He is so cute that I really want to meet him myself. Second is hwang tae hee, Ojakgyo brothers. I want to see his life with his wife after the drama end. And last is kim tae hyun, yong pal. Same reason. Their life is so interesting that makes me want to watch it myself. Oh! I also want to talk to them. All of them is so attractive!

Now, it's my turn. Which JW drama world would I want to step into...?

1. "Nae Il's Cantabile" - To be fair, I'm already sort-of-kind-of in that world already, since classical music is such a significant part of my own world in real life. But going back to the drama and its world specifically...I think the characters would be a lot of fun to have as friends. :) And I'm curious about where they all end up after graduating: do they stay with the Rising Star Orchestra (since it was converted into a real full-time orchestra and not just a student one), do they go abroad, do they set up solo careers, who pairs up with whom, etc.?

2. "Good Doctor" - Hard to imagine myself in a medical field, but that aside, like you, I think getting to know Park Si On would be awesome. When I was watching the show, I felt that he was a character I would get along with really well, and the same actually applies to Cha Yoon Seo as well. :) 

3. "Ojakgyo Brothers" - Is it weird that I picked a drama I haven't even watched in full yet? :tongue: But I stand by my choice, because from what I've seen, I love how loving and caring the Hwang family is, and, again, they seem like a fun group of people to know. Plus, the thing about the world of a family drama is that that world is also more normal and everyday - that, to me, feels safer than some of the other drama worlds out there. :wink: 

As for "Yong Pal"...I really enjoyed watching the drama, but I wouldn't want to step into it. The impression I got by the end is that that world's a really scary place - I'd be just as lost as Tae Hyun in that crocodile swamp :wink: 

And now for pics! (Depending on feedback, I might come by later with even more....)

Spoiler

I really like how these shots turned out.

Cute and funny Lee Ho Tae

JW for Mountia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

I think Gu Ma Jun's turnaround is still one of my favourites in all the K-dramas I've watched. There were so many times when I wanted him to do the right thing, but then he didn't or would make a bad choice...I think that build-up of frustration made the moment he helped to save Kim Tak Gu ("Who called the cops?" "I did.") so awesome and epic. Definitely worth the wait! :D

I always love when Ma jun make a sad face when looking at tak gu or yu kyung. Its like he wants to do a good deed for them and forget all his revenge but in the other side all bad memories from his childhood is haunting him. He thinks that tak gu and his family is ruining his life. And in the end, finally he did something good for tak gu. That scene is so good that always makes me amazed, stepping out from black side and said "i did that." With cool voice.

I would like to see more of the grown-up side in real life as well - that's one of the things I'm looking forward to from his upcoming discharge from the military.

I'm sure that side will come out more after he discharge. But he will always that childlike adorable kid inside him that will always come out naturally.

Nae Il's Cantabile" - To be fair, I'm already sort-of-kind-of in that world already, since classical music is such a significant part of my own world in real life. But going back to the drama and its world specifically...I think the characters would be a lot of fun to have as friends. :) And I'm curious about where they all end up after graduating: do they stay with the Rising Star Orchestra (since it was converted into a real full-time orchestra and not just a student one), do they go abroad, do they set up solo careers, who pairs up with whom, etc.?

It would be awkward if I go there. Because I don't understand music at all. But it must be really fun to hang out with them, the rising star orchestra. Since they are a really cheerful and full of fighting spirit. Oh! And they also have handsome man to be the conductor.. ❤

As for "Yong Pal"...I really enjoyed watching the drama, but I wouldn't want to step into it. The impression I got by the end is that that world's a really scary place - I'd be just as lost as Tae Hyun in that crocodile swamp :wink: 

Maybe you are right, but I still want to visit them. Especially after yeo jin wake up. They life is became a lot better so I don't get that scared about the crocodile.

Pics!

I'll wait for you!

His face is so happy and bright in this photo

This is so cool!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

I always love when Ma jun make a sad face when looking at tak gu or yu kyung. Its like he wants to do a good deed for them and forget all his revenge but in the other side all bad memories from his childhood is haunting him. He thinks that tak gu and his family is ruining his life. And in the end, finally he did something good for tak gu. That scene is so good that always makes me amazed, stepping out from black side and said "i did that." With cool voice.

This all reminds me....

I think another great character moment from Ma Jun was the bit with the drug/medicine. He'd gotten it in order to sabotage Tak Gu, but changed his mind and decided not to use it (yay!). But then the moment when Yang Mi Sun gave it to Tak Gu anyway after mistaking it for cold medication - I still remember the way Ma Jun just ran up the stairs to try to stop her, and then the look on his face when he realized he was too late. I think that was an important turning point for his character, too: we see him taking steps towards helping Tak Gu, but sometimes, life just throws a massive wrench into our plans. It's still an important lesson learned for Ma Jun, though.

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

Maybe you are right, but I still want to visit them. Especially after yeo jin wake up. They life is became a lot better so I don't get that scared about the crocodile.

I do think things get better for Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin after the events of the drama, but the world they're in in general...I don't think that changes much. :unsure: I'd mentioned before that I didn't think the bad guys would stay in jail for long, and I still don't - which means that they might be up to some other sort of shadiness or shenanigans later on in the future. Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin will still need to be on their guard, even if they're now on the same page.

And now for today's second round of goodies :)

First of all, for those of you who subscribe to KBS World - they're showing a re-run of "Nae Il's Cantabile" :D (The time slot's in the video itself)

Now, I don't have that channel, so I can't watch it there. What I can do, though, is take advantage of those sites where it's been posted online. And right now, I want to give a special shout-out to neriako on Instagram, who's posted so many clips over time that almost the entire drama's there in these short little snippets.

So for this round of goodies, I'm choosing some of my favourite scenes from "Nae Il's Cantabile", courtesy of neriako! :) 

Spoiler

I know that most of my stuff with this show is focused on Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il, but I also love these friendship moments between Yoo Jin and Yoo Il Rak as well.

First - can we just stop and admire super-protective Cha Yoo Jin for a second? Seeing him get so worked up on his friend's behalf was awesome :) 

And then the actual one-on-one practice scene was adorable, too; it shows just how much they both have evolved as musicians since the beginning of the show.

This scene between Yoo Jin and Nae Il is also really sweet. lol - I think he pretty much just confessed to her here, but I love that it's done so subtly that it takes Nae Il (and us as viewers) a moment to realize what Yoo Jin's saying underneath the surface.

One thing that crossed my mind re-watching this scene: the director really should have done shots of just the characters' feet a bit more, because it's a really cute way to show Yoo Jin and Nae Il's height difference :) 

Sassy Yoo Jin is also fun to watch, too - I notice that he's mostly only like this around Professor Stresemann, though (he tries with Lee Yoon Hoo, too, but usually ends up being outwitted :tongue:).

By the way, since I'd mentioned in my fanfics that I actually imagine Yoo Jin and Stresemann would speak mostly in German - this moment is one where I think Yoo Jin would have taken advantage of the difference between Austrian and German dialects of German to throw Stresemann off (i.e. the line "Who put her into an awkward situation in the first place?" is one where I think he would have, say, exaggerated his accent or switched into a full-on Salzburger dialect so that Stresemann couldn't understand what he's saying :tongue:)

• Like 1

Quiet again today? Okay, then.

Here are some more pics!

Spoiler

A couple of nice shots from various dramas:

Cute behind-the-scenes moment from "Nae Il's Cantabile"

JW at an event on Jeju Island - with a matching basket of tangerines

He pulls off this kind of look (i.e. the high-collared turtleneck) really well

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 12:15 AM, kittyna said:

I think another great character moment from Ma Jun was the bit with the drug/medicine. He'd gotten it in order to sabotage Tak Gu, but changed his mind and decided not to use it (yay!). But then the moment when Yang Mi Sun gave it to Tak Gu anyway after mistaking it for cold medication - I still remember the way Ma Jun just ran up the stairs to try to stop her

O yeah! I remember that. I was happy that he choose not to give that poison to tak gu but it was a pity that tak gu still drink that poison accidentally. Its not what Ma Jun want. His face talk that he didn't want that to happen. Its showing that he loves tak gu but in his heart, he still have that painful memories and want to beat him to make his family loves him. Especially his dad. That is his thoughts. He just a lonely boy that thirsty of affection. 

I do think things get better for Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin after the events of the drama, but the world they're in in general...I don't think that changes much. :unsure: I'd mentioned before that I didn't think the bad guys would stay in jail for long, and I still don't - which means that they might be up to some other sort of shadiness or shenanigans later on in the future. Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin will still need to be on their guard, even if they're now on the same page.

That makes me more curious how is their life after the drama. In my opinion, they might be having each other and protect their beloved ones more than before. There is no misunderstanding between them and they just have to defend themself from the crocodiles and live happily. Oh! They might already have a children right now. Thinking about that,,, all Joo won's character that already got married must be already have children now. Like baker king (its been 8 years :D), Ojakgyo brothers ( its been 7 years ), bridal mask ( its been 6 years ).. hmm.. i'm not sure about bridal mask since mok dan is dead. Owh, thinking about the ending makes me sad. Next we have yong pal ( its been 3 years ). It will be really fun to read their stories. 

First of all, for those of you who subscribe to KBS World - they're showing a re-run of "Nae Il's Cantabile" :D (The time slot's in the video itself)

Because of this, I didn't reply in this forum yesterday. To sleepy while waiting the drama. And still, i didn't watch it. I sleep before the drama start :bawling:.

Pics!

Tomorrow cantabile fever is here!

Great leader, great conductor.

So cool!

Charismatic as ever!

This smile. I love it!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

O yeah! I remember that. I was happy that he choose not to give that poison to tak gu but it was a pity that tak gu still drink that poison accidentally. Its not what Ma Jun want. His face talk that he didn't want that to happen. Its showing that he loves tak gu but in his heart, he still have that painful memories and want to beat him to make his family loves him. Especially his dad. That is his thoughts. He just a lonely boy that thirsty of affection. 

By the way, I found a screenshot on Instagram of that exact moment I was referring to:

Considering how many accidental (and, to be honest, not so accidental) poisonings happen here in North America because prescription medications are not safely locked away or disposed of...in hindsight, there's a certain poignancy to that scene for me as a viewer. Kids can accidentally take adult medication (similar to what we see in "Yong Pal"), but there are also cases of teenagers taking their parents' medication as a drug in order to get high, and people just getting addicted to their pain medications overall (since many of them are opioids, which are highly addictive but also dangerous in high quantities).

That aside, though, this scene is a harsh reminder for Ma Jun - that just because you don't intend to harm someone doesn't mean you won't - but I do think that's a lesson he needed to learn as a character. It's not enough for him to be passively on Tak Gu's side by not hurting him; he has to take on a more active role in the future. And I like seeing that he eventually learned that lesson.

39 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Oh! They might already have a children right now. Thinking about that,,, all Joo won's character that already got married must be already have children now. Like baker king (its been 8 years :D), Ojakgyo brothers ( its been 7 years ), bridal mask ( its been 6 years ).. hmm.. i'm not sure about bridal mask since mok dan is dead. Owh, thinking about the ending makes me sad. Next we have yong pal ( its been 3 years ). It will be really fun to read their stories. 

That...takes a bit more imagination than I actually have available to invest :tongue: But it has crossed my mind, especially with my "Seolleim in Salzburg" series, where, by this point, Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il aren't married but might as well be :wink: 

I do think imagining a next generation cast of characters for "Ojakgyo Brothers" and "Yong Pal" would be fun, though :) I'm not sure about "Ojakgyo", but I did notice that Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin both really liked kids in "Yong Pal", and their interactions with the children at the church were so adorable. So it's definitely something to think about for the future.

42 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Because of this, I didn't reply in this forum yesterday. To sleepy while waiting the drama. And still, i didn't watch it. I sleep before the drama start 

It does go on air at a really bizarre time, huh? Whether you're talking about the broadcast in Korea or in Malaysia/Singapore...it's still in the middle of the night. (Seriously, KBS - what the hell?) 

Which is why, as I mentioned last time, I love how a fan posted almost the entire drama in little snippets on Instagram :wink: Okay, some scenes do get cut - and for those, I have to look to the regular streaming websites - but Instagram, as a general whole, is a safer site to browse than those other ones, so I tend to use that whenever possible.

And now it's my turn for pics! This time, as usual, it's Throwback Thursday!

Spoiler

Looking back on JW as Hwang Tae Hee in "Ojakgyo Brothers" - I'd mentioned before that the high-collared turtleneck is something I love seeing JW in, so it's great that there are so many shots of this particular outfit :wink: 

And some cute behind-the-scenes photos from that drama

JW at the 2011 KBS Drama Awards - Wasn't this when he got the Best Newcomer Award? Someone who knows, please help me out here!

Some of JW's hilarious expressions on 1N2D

I'm not sure how old these photos are, but I think they're too cute not to share

Finally, a few behind-the-scenes photos from "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

Finally, I really, really hope to have the fic I'm working on finished soon. It's a short one, so really, I shouldn't be taking this long to complete it - but, in my defence, I haven't had all that much time to write, and the quietness last week made me procrastinate on it as well :tongue: 

So, hopefully, it'll be done soon! :) 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 1:46 AM, kittyna said:

I do think that's a lesson he needed to learn as a character. It's not enough for him to be passively on Tak Gu's side by not hurting him; he has to take on a more active role in the future. And I like seeing that he eventually learned that lesson.

His behavior towards Tak Gu always changes. Sometimes he is good but he also sometimes behave badly to him. he is an evil when he feels disappointed or unfair. Where he sees that nobody is on his side and he is alone. That makes him does a bad things to make takgu fail and everyone hates him. But he is good to him when he feel that takgu treats him very sincerely and he feels that he has someone beside him.  

That...takes a bit more imagination than I actually have available to invest :tongue: But it has crossed my mind, especially with my "Seolleim in Salzburg" series, where, by this point, Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il aren't married but might as well be :wink: 

Never thought about this before too. Maybe because I read fanfic about hwang tae hee and baek ja eun's married life. I found it on the internet. It makes me think about another couple that already married too. Like yong pal and baker king. Their life become happier in the end of the drama so its not strange that they must be have their little family now. 

I do think imagining a next generation cast of characters for "Ojakgyo Brothers" and "Yong Pal" would be fun, though :) I'm not sure about "Ojakgyo", but I did notice that Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin both really liked kids in "Yong Pal", and their interactions with the children at the church were so adorable. So it's definitely something to think about for the future.

All of them is a cute couple that loves kids. Their children must be really cute and pretty like the parent. Their stories is so interesting to read and watch. Sometimes I search fanfics about the drama on the internet. Both drama is my favorite!

JW at the 2011 KBS Drama Awards - Wasn't this when he got the Best Newcomer Award? Someone who knows, please help me out here!

Yeah, it is. It was his first award in acting. His speech is always so touching everytime he received an award. He put all his heart when he talk in front of all people. 

Finally, I really, really hope to have the fic I'm working on finished soon. It's a short one, so really, I shouldn't be taking this long to complete it - but, in my defence, I haven't had all that much time to write, and the quietness last week made me procrastinate on it as well :tongue: 

Really waiting for it. Its been a long time to read your fanfic. And its your first yong pal fanfic so i really really waiting for this one. Hoping for another more in the future.

Pics!

What do you think about the comments? Do you ship Joo won with another girl or her? But nobody knows the future...

Glasses that joo won wear.

I'm glad I know him. The wonderful and amazing actor.

He is simply amazing. That is why I love him.

Every song that Joo won sing is my favorite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

His behavior towards Tak Gu always changes. Sometimes he is good but he also sometimes behave badly to him. he is an evil when he feels disappointed or unfair. Where he sees that nobody is on his side and he is alone. That makes him does a bad things to make takgu fail and everyone hates him. But he is good to him when he feel that takgu treats him very sincerely and he feels that he has someone beside him.  

Yeah, I do think it's Tak Gu's sincerity that ends up speaking to Ma Jun - especially how Tak Gu is still kind to him no matter what Ma Jun does or says in response. :) 

Yeah, it is. It was his first award in acting. His speech is always so touching everytime he received an award. He put all his heart when he talk in front of all people. 

Thanks for the info! Seeing JW looking so touched in the photos...that was really sweet. It's funny that he never lost that, though - he always ends up getting emotional when he gets an award.

Or, I remember the time with the 2013 KBS Drama Awards when he kept getting one award after another for "Good Doctor". His jaw just dropped every single time, like he genuinely wasn't expecting to get any of them. :tongue: Which, in all honesty, I find rather hard to believe - he must have at least been aware of the positive feedback and good ratings the drama got, and his performance in particular - but, still, it's sweet.

Really waiting for it. Its been a long time to read your fanfic. And its your first yong pal fanfic so i really really waiting for this one. Hoping for another more in the future.

Didn't have time yesterday, but I want to get this done quickly, too. Aiming for this weekend!

What do you think about the comments? Do you ship Joo won with another girl or her? But nobody knows the future...

No offence, but there are some pretty gossipy comments in there <_< I guess I'm just the sort who takes the celebrities' own word for it, and that's it. So, for instance, I don't like how some people won't acknowledge Oh Yeon Seo's relationship with Kim Bum because they'd rather see her with JW...I might be a JW fan, but that's not fair to any one of the three of them. 

But that aside...I guess that means I don't necessarily ship JW with anyone. Not in a very serious way. I'll ship him with his girlfriend, whoever she is. Plain and simple :wink: 

Glasses that joo won wear.

Thanks for that! 

I've noticed a few such posts before on Instagram: people posting links to what items JW's been seen wearing. And, most of the time, I'm surprised at how reasonably priced they are. 280,000 won is...okay, it's not cheap, but it's not the super-expensive sort of thing that I oftentimes imagine celebrities with. And I've noticed that before with JW in other such posts: he's wearing nice things, brand name things...but nothing so crazily expensive that the price ends up looking vulgar. So...like the mid-range sort of designer brand? It's hard to explain without naming actual brands I'm familiar with, but I don't know what brands that are common here in North America are known in Asia, so I hope you guys get what I mean.

Basically: nice enough to be clearly good quality, but not so expensive that it looks like he's throwing money around or just wants to show off his wealth. :wink: 

Every song that Joo won sing is my favorite.

I think my favourite OST songs of his right now are "Love Medicine" from "Good Doctor", "Three Little Words" from "Ghost" and "I Believe" from "My Sassy Girl". It's not that his other songs aren't good - there isn't a single one I don't like - but those just had a way of getting stuck in my head.

As for covers..."Butterfly Effect" (the song you shared) is awesome, and I also particularly liked his versions of "This Is the Moment" (from the "Jekyll and Hyde" OST) and "Because I'm Stupid" (from the "Boys Over Flowers" OST) - both from the 2013 Tokyo Fanmeeting - and every cover he's done of JYP's "Honey" (mostly because he clearly has so much fun with it).

And now for pics!

Spoiler

JW's account of how he wound up auditioning for "Ghost" - it sounds like he had to fight his agency for it :wink: 

JW singing on "Healing Camp" (just a photo, though)

Dressing room photos

A behind the scenes photo from "Catch Me" - It looks like he filmed the scene where he wore the poncho disguise in the middle of the summer...poor JW looks so hot (temperature-wise, I mean) here.

Cute and sleepy Park Si On

I don't usually think of Cha Yoo Jin as looking "cute" (charismatic or handsome, yes, but not cute), but, well....

Winter is being stubborn and refusing to go away - it's April and still snowing where I am!

• Like 1

And, finally, the new fic is ready - thanks for your patience!

Spoiler

Title: All of God's Children

Drama: "Yong Pal"

Characters: Kim Tae Hyun, Kim So Hyun, Lee Sang Chul, Ali, The Priest

Premise: Kim Tae Hyun promised he would wait for Han Yeo Jin to come down from the thirteenth floor to be with him, and he plans to keep his word. But sometimes, waiting is hard, and it feels like nothing is happening.

Note: This fic should take place either somewhere between Episodes 16 and 17 of the drama, or early in Episode 17 (i.e. during the six-month wait between Tae Hyun's decision to leave Yeo Jin and Yeo Jin's return to him). Because I got curious about what that in-between period would have been like for him - you really have to admire Tae Hyun for his patience, but he is human, after all. There are bound to have been times when he got frustrated :wink: 

Also, I should say in advance that I used some creative licence here when it came to Ali's baby sibling (the same one Tae Hyun helps deliver in Episode 9). Point is: it seems that the baby's gender is never stated directly in the drama, so I noticed that the English subtitles have Ali referring to a little brother while the Cantonese dub I watched have a little sister. For the purposes of this story, I went with the latter, because I thought Ali having a little sister would be a cute parallel to Tae Hyun and So Hyun's relationship.

Once again, please do not re-post any content from this story on any other website without my permission. You are welcome to share this story, but only by sharing the URL. Thanks!

Spoiler

All of God’s Children

“Ya, Lee Sang Chul.”

He keeps his eyes focused straight ahead on the road, only answering me with a noncommittal grunt.

“You wanna know what I think?”

“What?”

“I think,” I add, turning my head to look him over, “that you’d make a good taxi driver.”

“Really, hyung?”

Sang Chul’s voice doesn’t change much from his usual quiet monotone, but I’ve known him long enough to hear just the slightest lift upwards at the end. Clearly, he’s not convinced.

“I’m serious!” I turn my entire body around this time, casually draping one arm on the back of my seat in the car. “Look. I get it. Having twenty combined levels of martial arts and not much other accreditation doesn’t get you far in the job market. But hear me out – I’m trying to come up with something that can work with what you’ve got.”

Even though I know he’s not looking at me, I use my fingers to count out my reasons.

“First of all, you’ve got a good sense of direction. Second, you’re driving me around all the time anyway – I don’t think I’ve even so much as touched a steering wheel since you’ve shown up. And third,” I add, giving him a pointed look as my voice hardens, “you’ve been out of work and eating us out of house and home for almost half a year and it’s about time you got off your butt and actually did something.”

“Oppa!”

I glance over at So Hyun in the back seat. She’s pouting at me, and has even got her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“What now?” I blurt out in exasperation, my voice cracking into a rather petty-sounding whine.

“Don’t be so hard on Sang Chul-oppa – he’s already doing his best. And besides, he’s not eating us out of house and home. He’s your roommate, which makes him one of the family.”

I almost burst out laughing when I see the serious look on her face. That’s exactly the sort of thing Eomma would have said – and with the same expression, too.

But instead, I put on my best mock-stern expression and wag my index finger at her.

“Ya. Stay out of this, Kim So Hyun – you’re the one who complains about cooking for all three of us all the time. I’m just looking out for you!”

“And you’re the one who insists on us eating at home all the time. So whose fault is that?”

My jaw drops and, scandalized, I turn back to look at Sang Chul. “Did you hear that?” I gasp, gesturing helplessly towards So Hyun with one hand. “Ever since she’s come back from America….Ya, what the hell do they teach kids over there? No respect for her elders, whatsoever!”

“Oh, come on, Oppa: you do it all the time, too, and you’ve never even been abroad!” she cuts in, clearly enjoying where this conversation is going. “Also, don’t bother with that affronted act - I know you actually love it,” she adds. I can’t see it, but I just know that she ended that statement with a coy wink as well.

“It’s true, Hyung,” Sang Chul adds. “We all know you do.”

I look back and forth between them before, rolling my eyes and letting out a fake exasperated growl, I turn to face away from them both, choosing to look out the window instead.

They’re both right, actually. I hadn’t known at first that So Hyun had had it in her to be so sassy, but that’s because she’d been sick for so many years. Now that she’s healthy again and actually has a normal girl’s level of energy, I don’t mind her backtalk at all. It’s my way of knowing that she’s finally okay and that I don’t have to worry about her anymore.

But like hell am I going to admit it!

“Aish! You two always gang up on me like this! Well, if you like each other that much, just start dating already!”

Now it’s So Hyun’s turn to let out a scandalized scoff. “Oppa!”

“Hyung….” Sang Chul begins.

I cut both of them off. “Don’t think I don’t know that you have the hots for each other – especially, you, Lee Sang Chul. Oh, don’t look at me like that; I’ve seen the looks you’ve given So Hyun, and all those other little favours you do for her as well.”

“It’s really not like that,” Sang Chul retorts.

“Ya – what’s gotten into you two?” I snap. “Unlike those oppas you see on TV, I’m actually cool with you two going out with each other, if that’s what you want. All I ask is that you don’t start making out in front of me, but otherwise, I really don’t care.”

Sang Chul, after all, is better than most other guys I know. If I could trust him with my life, I could trust him with So Hyun’s as well.

For a while, none of us say anything, but then So Hyun asks me to turn up the music, explaining that she really likes the song that’s playing on the radio. I turn to obey, but then, as though to prove my point from earlier about them having feelings for each other, Sang Chul gets to it just a split second before I do.

Snickering at the sight, ignoring the glare he shoots at me for it, I divert my attention back to the view outside.

It won’t be long now before we get to the church: the same one I had taken Yeo Jin to when she had first woken up from her coma.

I wish I’m seeing her there, but I know I won’t. Han Yeo Jin is still up on the thirteenth floor, in her crocodile swamp: last I’ve heard, she’s in deeper than ever before, working to expand Hanshin’s operations with a new factory in Cheonan. At this rate, it’ll be ages before she steps down like she’d promised me she would.

So instead, I’m going there for the kids: Ali and his friends.

~~~~~

It takes us about an hour to drive from the town where I live now to the church, and another hour to go from there to Seoul if I want to. And, as is quickly becoming the norm, as soon as our car turns into the driveway, the rectory door opens and the entire group of kids comes spilling out, nearly tripping over themselves in their excitement.

Ever since starting up First Floor Clinic in the fall, So Hyun, Sang Chul and I have come here like this once every few weeks, timing ourselves for when the kids come to the daycare run by the nuns after they are let out from school. Usually, we end up spending a couple of hours with them until evening falls, when their parents come to pick them up after work.

It’s not all fun and games, of course. Technically speaking, I’m here as a doctor: checking on any of the kids who have gotten sick or injured, making sure Ali’s new baby sister is up to date on her checkups and vaccinations, sometimes even treating their parents if needed. After all, for some of the families in this village – Ali’s, for instance – I might be the only doctor they’ll ever see; they are migrant workers who are here in Korea without proper visas, and thus lack access to proper medical care.

It’s a truth I know all too well: the entire world is one massive twelfth floor. People like these migrants from countries like Indonesia, China, the Philippines or Vietnam; even Koreans who live below the poverty line like So Hyun and I did when we were little…we simply don’t exist. So it’s up to the invisible ones like us to stick together – and while I don’t believe in God, I am thankful that there is at least a church here that is actually reaching out to help these villagers.

Laughing and squealing in excitement, the kids crowd around So Hyun as soon as she gets out of the car. One of the little girls grabs her hand and starts pulling her over to the church.

“What’re we doing today, Eonnie?”

So Hyun never likes to come here emptyhanded – every single time, she brings some sort of arts and crafts supplies or ingredients to make a small snack with the kids. This time, with everyone crowding around her like this, Sang Chul and I are the ones to grab her stuff from the trunk: plastic lunch boxes filled with everything they will need to make kimbap.

As we make our way up the driveway to the church, though, something doesn’t feel right. Quickly, I do a mental headcount of the group of kids with So Hyun.

“Wait – where’s Ali?”

One of the kids, the same girl who had been chatting with So Hyun, looks back at me.

“Oppa’s inside, Seonsaengnim,” she explains – the kids have finally decided to call me “Seonsaengnim” and Sang Chul “Ahjussi” to tell us apart. “He’s babysitting.”

“Ah!” I nod in understanding and beckon for everyone to head inside just as one of the nuns opens the door. After setting everything down in the kitchen, leaving So Hyun to get started with the kids, I head to the large Sunday School classroom in the back of the building.

Sure enough, there is Ali, sitting with his baby sister, whom his parents had named Mari after the Virgin Mary, nestled in his lap. To my amusement, both of them look up at me when I knock on the doorframe to make my presence known.

“Looks like you’re taking over as her Oppa already,” I note as I step into the room, crouching down on the floor in front of them.

“Ne, Seonsaengnim,” Ali answers, proudly bouncing his sister on his knees. The baby, on her part, stares at me warily with wide eyes for a moment before turning her face away, a response that takes him a moment to notice.

“Ya, Mari-yah, what’s gotten into you?” Ali asks, peering down at her. “It’s Seonsaengnim – don’t you remember?”

“Gwenchana,” I say, chuckling as I reach up to ruffle his hair in attempts to reassure him. “Mari’s just getting to the age when babies start to be able to know the difference between new faces and familiar ones. So she knows you and your family and the other kids, but it will still take her a while before she’s old enough to recall those who just show up every now and then like me. Right now, I’m still a stranger, but she’ll warm up in a moment once she sees that I won’t bite.

“By the way, aren’t you going to join the others?”

Ali shakes his head. “I want to stay with Mari.”

Crossing my arms on my knees, I glance up at him with a warm smile. I had been much the same when So Hyun was a baby, too. “Good for you; Mari’s lucky to have an Oppa like you.”

He grins at me in response, and by now, even little Mari has gotten used to my presence, so she mirrors our smiles with one of her own.

“But still,” I add, bracing my hands on my knees as I stand up, “that doesn’t mean you have to stay here the entire time.” I hold out one hand to Ali. “Let’s go; they’re all in the kitchen.”

Shifting his hold on the baby so he could also get up, Ali doesn’t take my hand, but instead goes on ahead of me out of the classroom towards the kitchen.

On the way, I spot Sang Chul standing off by himself in the hallway, either making or taking a phone call. Noting the surprise that flashes across his face before it turns into a small smile as he nods in greeting, I can’t help teasing him a little bit.

“Who’s that you’re calling?” I ask, gesturing at the phone. “A girl?”

I had just meant it as a joke, but I am surprised to see his eyes widen in response.

“Ya, Lee Sang Chul!” I point a warning finger at him. “If you’ve already got a girlfriend, you’d better let So Hyun know. If I find out that you’re stringing her along…” I finish my statement by making a fist and pretending to throw a punch at him.

I am careful to keep my tone and expression light so that Sang Chul would know I’m joking, but he still just gives me a solemn nod, as he usually does. That’s the way he is. Sang Chul is a great and loyal friend to have around, but he tends to respond to my jokes with stern-faced reserve and my attempts to get him to lighten up have mostly failed. I still remember learning the hard way, for instance, not to throw him a teasing “Jugulae?” when he says anything ridiculous – although the sight of him literally trying to punch himself that first time had made me almost fall over laughing, it’s not one I want to repeat anytime soon.

Ali had stopped in his tracks when I paused to speak with Sang Chul, but by now, he is losing his patience: shifting his weight from one foot to the other as he jerks his head towards the kitchen, his hands too occupied holding Mari to wave me along. So, after giving Sang Chul one last nod in acknowledgment, I walk briskly to catch up with Ali, and we go the rest of the way together.

By this time, most of the kimbap has been assembled, and the other kids are crowded around the table enjoying their snack. But I can see that So Hyun has thought ahead and set aside a little bit of everything so that Ali could have a chance to try making some.

Of course, however, baby Mari steals the show. As soon as we come in, all eyes are on her. So Hyun, especially, comes around the kitchen island towards us, clapping her hands together in excitement as she crouches down in front of Ali. Mari, on her part, lets out a laugh, reaching out both arms towards my sister.

Before So Hyun can take the baby, however, I hold up one hand to stop her. I point to the sink behind her.

“Wash your hands first.”

She pouts at me, but knows better than to disobey me when it comes to matters like this. Rolling her eyes, she does as she’s told, and when she has returned, Ali finally hands Mari to her. Adjusting her hold so that the baby can look out over her shoulder at the rest of the kitchen, So Hyun guides him to the table, then talks him through the steps to make a roll of kimbap for himself.

I notice that there is still a little bit of rice left over in the container, and that gives me an idea. After asking for So Hyun’s permission to use it and washing my own hands, I grab the container and bring it with me to the water boiler. There, after adding some hot water, I use a spoon to mash the rice into a thick paste.

“Whatcha doing, Oppa?” So Hyun asks, coming to peer over my shoulder, Mari still in her arms.

I respond with a smile and a soft laugh. “You don’t remember? Well, of course you wouldn’t. I used to do this for you when you were little, on the days when Eomma had to take on extra shifts at work.” I glance over my shoulder at where Ali is sitting at the table eating with the other kids. “I was probably around Ali’s age – maybe a bit younger, still.” Returning my gaze to my sister, I add, “Hard to believe it’s already been twenty years, and look where we are now.”

So Hyun makes a face and punches me lightly in the arm with her free hand. “Ya, Oppa – don’t you start again.” She leans in to whisper, “If you get sentimental in front of all the kids here, we’ll never live it down.”

I know that. But it’s hard to stop myself from doing it – especially since there are moments when I still can’t believe that So Hyun is, well, still alive. Strange thing to be grateful for, but if anyone finds me strange for it, it’s just because they’ve never been there.

Still, So Hyun is right. There’s no point putting her on the spot like this. So, immediately, I school my expression into one of affected indifference.

“Sentimental? What are you talking about?” I ask, rolling my eyes for good measure. Then, handing her the container with my improvised rice porridge, I add, “Here. Take this. Now Mari can eat something with the others as well.”

Taking my hint, So Hyun gives me a nod and a wink, then turns to join the others at the table. There, balancing Mari in her lap, she carefully feeds the baby small spoonfuls of the porridge. And while I had promised to stay subtle about it, I can’t help smiling as I watch her.

What would it look like if that were Yeo Jin there instead?

The thought comes to my mind almost out of nowhere, and I shake my head to try to get rid of it.

Not now. Not yet. She still hasn’t come back to me yet – and, no matter how tempting it is, I won’t go back to the thirteenth floor to find her.

Just on the edge of my vision, Sang Chul comes into view, clearly having come back into the kitchen after finishing his phone call. Glancing out of the corner of my eye, I catch him doing the same thing back to me.

“Hyung,” he whispers, barely moving his mouth to keep his voice down, “are you thinking of the Chair–”

“Shush!” I hiss back, giving him a nudge in the side for good measure. “Don’t say it.”

It’s taken me months before I could come here without fielding questions from the kids about Yeo Jin: where she is, whether she’s coming to visit. It’s not that I don’t want to mention her in front of them, but I hate seeing how their faces fall in disappointment every single time I tell them that Yeo Jin isn’t here with me.

So, not wanting to dwell on that subject for long, I turn back to the sink, this time directing my attention to the ton of discarded dishes and containers the kids have just piled in there. “You go on and join them,” I call back to Sang Chul, “I’ll finish up here.”

He raises a questioning eyebrow at me, but does as he’s told, going wordlessly to the table and crouching down next to one of the kids. As I work on washing the dishes, I glance over my shoulder at him, noting the way he reaches over and affectionately ruffles a boy’s hair, the two of them laughing at some shared joke.

A few minutes later, everyone is finished eating. Those kids who had finished first are now squirming uncomfortably in their seats, eager to get up and play, and now, finally, So Hyun releases them. Even though I brace myself for it, I can’t help wincing when everyone pushes back their chairs all at once, the legs scraping harshly against the tiled floor in a metallic squeal. But that sound soon passes as, one child on either side of him, they all clamour at Sang Chul.

“Ahjussi – come and play with us!”

“Can we play hide-and-seek, Ahjussi?”

“Ne! Can we – can we?!”

Still holding Mari in her arms, So Hyun quietly makes her escape, coming back around the table towards me. The two of us exchange glances, and just barely manage to stop ourselves from bursting out laughing at the sight. Ever since we had told the kids that Sang Chul had once worked as a bodyguard – not my bodyguard, just a bodyguard – they have loved having him along in these improvised playdates. When the weather was good outside, and there was enough snow to cushion their falls, the kids had dragged him out into the church gardens for a snowball fight; but now that the snow is starting to melt, exposing the hard asphalt outside, their favourite game has turned to a rowdy round of hide-and-seek in the offices and guestrooms of the rectory.

Like with the dog from the house next door to the Han villa, Sang Chul loves playing with the kids. Never mind how serious his face stays throughout the game; both So Hyun and I have seen and heard how he chases after the kids as they try to hide from him enough times to know how into it he actually gets.

Seeing him getting dragged out of the kitchen by the entire crowd of kids, then, is So Hyun’s cue to take over for me with the washing up. She passes Mari to me, and then gestures for me to go.

“Go where?”

“Where do you think, Oppa?” she asks incredulously, although she knows that I am just feigning ignorance. “The place you usually go at this point. At this rate….” She peers past me out through the doorway before redirecting her gaze to look me firmly in the eye. “At this rate, you’ll probably have about half an hour to yourself, so use it wisely.”

~~~~~

It never ceases to amaze me just how strong babies are for their size. Seated comfortably in my arms, Mari is holding firmly onto the neckline of my sweater with her right hand as I walk with her down the aisle of the church’s main chapel. Eyes wide in curiosity, she turns her head this way and that, babbling and batting excitedly with her left hand at the coloured sunlight streaming in through the stained glass windows.

“You like that, don’t you?” I ask her as I take a seat in one of the pews near the front. Shifting my hold on Mari so that she is leaning against my chest and able to peer over my shoulder, I direct my own attention to the altar and the large sculpture of her namesake, the Virgin Mary, standing in the alcove above it.

I was never raised with any sort of religion – and even if I were, the cruelty of mankind, especially the injustices at the Hanshin Medical Centre, would have completely wrecked any faith I had by now – but I know this to be a special place for Yeo Jin.

It’s why I come here, every single time I visit the kids.

I’m happy here, in this new life. It’s a life without hassle: without darkness and intrigue and things that I don’t understand. It’s a life where the worst that could possibly happen is a patient coming in with symptoms beyond my expertise, but I could always just refer them to a nearby hospital – one that I know has better ethics than Hanshin ever did. It’s a life where I can actually help those in need, not those who are oppressing them.

But even if I am happy, even if I am happier here than I was before, I know I’m not at my happiest.

That will be when Yeo Jin finally comes back to me.

If that ever happens at all.

“You know, Seonsaengnim, if I didn’t know better, I’d think you were praying.”

I turn from my vigil to look up at the old priest who has appeared in the aisle beside me.

His brow furrows as he looks quizzically at me. “Are you sure you’re not already secretly one of us?”

I know where this is going. After all, this man is a priest – and churches always want converts. So, before he could get any further, I shake my head.

“Aniyo – I’m still as jaded as ever.”

The priest lets out a wry chuckle. “Pity. Because I know for a fact that Sophia would want a church wedding when the time comes. For her sake, Seonsaengnim, I do hope you would consider baptism.”

I just answer with a noncommittal shrug.

He then moves to sit beside me in the pew, giving Mari a quick wave in greeting before directing his gaze at me.

There is something rather unnerving about the look in his eyes, as though he could see exactly what I am thinking. Sure enough, after a moment’s awkward silence, he says, “No need to hide it from me: you’re still waiting for Sophia, aren’t you.”

My brow furrows and I glance cautiously at him.

“You know, Seonsaengnim,” he goes on, “that it is my calling to guide God’s children. That includes interceding and praying for those who are lost.”

I know I shouldn’t laugh, but I can’t help letting out a sarcastic one anyway. “Lost?” I ask, unable to keep the bitterness out of my voice. “Do you honestly think, Father, that Han Yeo Jin is simply lost?”

He raises an eyebrow at me. “You don’t?”

“Sometimes, I do. Most of the time, even. But other times, I’m not so sure.”

I let out a sigh, taking a moment to gather my thoughts together.

“Sometimes, I think back to the look on her face the last time I saw her; she was sad – ani, not just sad. Heartbroken. Guilty. I could tell that she really felt remorse for the things she did and that she wanted to come with me.”

The priest nods. “In the scriptures, God tells us, ‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay.’ I told Sophia the same when she was here: that taking vengeance will only cause her pain.”

I turn around to look him pointedly in the eye. “Well, that didn’t stop her from doing it.”

It didn’t stop her from lashing out at her brother. It didn’t stop her from driving Chief Lee to the brink of madness. It didn’t stop her from having first President Go and then her own brother killed.

It didn’t stop her from using me.

“Geu rae,” the priest concedes with a deep nod. “I understand how you feel. But sometimes, that is how life works: ‘All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.’ Even setbacks like what Sophia is going through now, then, are part of God’s plan for her.”

“You have more faith than I do, then,” I concede. Then, realizing what I had just said, I quickly move to correct myself. “Well, of course you do,” I blurt out, turning back again to look at the altar and avoid the priest’s eyes. “You, at least, actually believe in God.”

“And you don’t?”

I shake my head.

“Yet somehow, Seonsaengnim, you seem to know God’s heart better than most believers I’ve met.”

I was expecting censure, or scolding, or disappointment. Perhaps even some futile attempt at convincing or converting me.

But this…this is something completely different. Completely unexpected.

Me? Understanding God?

Impossible!

Clearly, something in my face or my posture gives me away, because before I can even say anything, he goes on.

“If there is one thing God wants, it is for people to repent from their sins and return to Him. Most brothers and sisters, they only see themselves as the recipients of God’s grace: the ones whom God waited for and Christ died for.

“But you, Seonsaengnim…you’re on the other side. You’re the one who is without sin –”

I open my mouth to correct him. “Father, I’m not –”

“I know. You’re human, just like the rest of us. You’ve made your mistakes, too. But what I mean is that in this, in your love for Sophia, in your urging her to choose mercy and forgiveness, there is no wrong. You were the one trying to bring her from darkness into light, and from hatred into love. Sophia told me so herself.

“She knows you want her to return, and she knows that that is the only way she could be happy. Don’t worry; I can see that there is light inside of Sophia’s heart. Just give her time and she will turn back.”

“How much longer, though?” I ask.

As though sensing my agitation, Mari turns to look at me, and I absently rub circles on her back to reassure her as I go on.

“It’s been almost six months. If anything, Yeo Jin’s in even deeper than she was before. I watch the news. I know that Hanshin’s expanding now, with a new factory set to open just a few days from now. How can that possibly be progress?”

Smiling warmly, the priest reaches out and clasps one hand on my shoulder.

“We are human; we can only see what our senses tell us. But so much of God’s work is done inside a person’s heart, where no-one can see it until it bears fruit. So who knows? Sophia might be farther along than you think. Just prepare your own heart to receive her when the time comes.”

For a long moment, I could only stare at him, unsure what to make of his words. But then, after thinking on it for a while, I reply with a solemn nod.

I am ready for Yeo Jin. I always will be.

Until she decides to leave the thirteenth floor behind and come back to my side, I will be waiting.

Author's Note (In "Hidden Contents" because of spoilers)

Spoiler

To be honest, I think this fic is pretty self-explanatory, so this behind-the-scenes look is really about the Easter Eggs.

1. The reference to a church wedding, as I'm sure some of you may have guessed, is a nod to how Rain did end up converting to Catholicism so that Kim Tae Hee, who's a devout Catholic, could have the church wedding she wanted. As for whether Tae Hyun would actually end up going there in the future...we'll have to see. :wink: 

2. This isn't an Easter Egg that I expected anyone to catch, so I'll just say it outright. The line that references Sang Chul "literally punching himself" comes from a funny moment between my mom and I when we were watching "Yong Pal" together. Basically, we both thought Sang Chul was adorable - loyal, but a bit of a dork. And his classic line, "I'll take care of it" in reference to any sort of threat was also cute. So, when, at one point, Tae Hyun asks him, "Jugulae?" (it was when Sang Chul finally admitted to being younger after letting Tae Hyun call him "hyung" all this time), and Sang Chul responded with his classic, "I'll take care of it," my mom went, "What's he going to do: slap himself?" So, even though Sang Chul didn't actually try to hit himself in the drama, that joke snuck into this fic anyway :tongue: 

Once again, if anyone wants to read my other K-drama fanfics or other Hallyu-related writings, a master list can be found under the "About Me" tab on my profile page. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Held off a bit longer than usual to maximize how much time the fic would be my most recent post. But, I also don't want the day to go by without adding something new.

So here are the pics I chose for today!

Spoiler

The two "Whack-a-Mole" scenes from "Nae Il's Cantabile". By the way, the pictures don't show it very well, but I noted how Cha Yoo Jin hesitated when he tried to hit the "Nae Il" mole :tongue: 

And some gorgeous cinematography from that show, too

I love how this turned out

"Here I am!"

A really nice black-and-white shot

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 5:49 AM, kittyna said:

Yeah, I do think it's Tak Gu's sincerity that ends up speaking to Ma Jun - especially how Tak Gu is still kind to him no matter what Ma Jun does or says in response. :) 

Tak Gu sincerity is touching Ma Jun's heart and makes him change. Finally Ma Jun can feel Tak Gu's heart and be a kind man for people around him. I also feel that Tak Gu also makes him knew his own feelings towards Yu Kyung. So he apologized to her and promised to make her happy.

Thanks for the info! Seeing JW looking so touched in the photos...that was really sweet. It's funny that he never lost that, though - he always ends up getting emotional when he gets an award.

It's also a touching moment for his fans. Watching him receive his first acting award and doing a sweet speech in front of people makes me proud and touched. That award is one of his most memorable moments in his life. Award for all his hard work as a newcomer. And now he is one of top actor in South Korea. Its a precious moment for him and his fans.

Or, I remember the time with the 2013 KBS Drama Awards when he kept getting one award after another for "Good Doctor". His jaw just dropped every single time, like he genuinely wasn't expecting to get any of them. :tongue: Which, in all honesty, I find rather hard to believe - he must have at least been aware of the positive feedback and good ratings the drama got, and his performance in particular - but, still, it's sweet.

Oh! I remember that. I was so proud of him that he received many award for all his hardwork. Everyone knows that he put a lot of thoughts to create Shi On's character. And in one episode of 1N2D, we can see that he was so worried that he might do a bad job. But look now that Good Doctor is one of drama that got a recognition from America and its already remake by America too. His performance is unforgettable. Ten stars for him! 

No offence, but there are some pretty gossipy comments in there <_< I guess I'm just the sort who takes the celebrities' own word for it, and that's it. So, for instance, I don't like how some people won't acknowledge Oh Yeon Seo's relationship with Kim Bum because they'd rather see her with JW...I might be a JW fan, but that's not fair to any one of the three of them. 

I feel that too when I read the comments. It makes me curious about people's thoughts when they read this too. 

But that aside...I guess that means I don't necessarily ship JW with anyone. Not in a very serious way. I'll ship him with his girlfriend, whoever she is. Plain and simple :wink: 

As long as he is happy, I will support. I might will ship him with actresses he act with but its not like I really ship them hard. Its just they look nice together.

I've noticed a few such posts before on Instagram: people posting links to what items JW's been seen wearing. And, most of the time, I'm surprised at how reasonably priced they are. 280,000 won is...okay, it's not cheap, but it's not the super-expensive sort of thing that I oftentimes imagine celebrities with. And I've noticed that before with JW in other such posts: he's wearing nice things, brand name things...but nothing so crazily expensive that the price ends up looking vulgar. So...like the mid-range sort of designer brand? It's hard to explain without naming actual brands I'm familiar with, but I don't know what brands that are common here in North America are known in Asia, so I hope you guys get what I mean.

I love that he wear something that reasonably price. Not so cheap but not so expensive. It means that he is a responsible man that not like to spending money easily. I remember that he said he wants to buy a house for his parent. I don't like people that spending money easily. It looks like they are not responsible with their own money.

Basically: nice enough to be clearly good quality, but not so expensive that it looks like he's throwing money around or just wants to show off his wealth. :wink: 

Like I said, I love his personality. One of it is responsibility and wise with his money. 

I think my favourite OST songs of his right now are "Love Medicine" from "Good Doctor", "Three Little Words" from "Ghost" and "I Believe" from "My Sassy Girl". It's not that his other songs aren't good - there isn't a single one I don't like - but those just had a way of getting stuck in my head.

All songs that he sing always stuck in my head for days. Now I'm in love with Chinese song he sang in Chongqing Fanmeeting. The title is "Friend". His voice is so soft and gentle. The meaning of the song also very beautiful. I'm glad that he choose to sing this song in his fanmeet. Its like he is talking his heart to his fans.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:05 PM, kittyna said:

And, finally, the new fic is ready - thanks for your patience!

Finally! As usual, its awesome. It makes me want the next chapter for this fanfic. I'm curious about the story line you will tell in the fanfic. Oh! I also waiting for Yeo Jin's appearance. About their painful love story and lonely heart of Tae Hyun that waiting for his wife to comeback to him.

Pics!

Gyeon Woo and Hye Myung funny moment.

Do you remember this scene? He is so cute in this episode. Gaksital that scared of punishment. 

Everytime I see this, I always thought that he is a good shepherd.

Miss you...

He is perfect everytime he portray his character.

• Like 1

Tak Gu sincerity is touching Ma Jun's heart and makes him change. Finally Ma Jun can feel Tak Gu's heart and be a kind man for people around him. I also feel that Tak Gu also makes him knew his own feelings towards Yu Kyung. So he apologized to her and promised to make her happy.

You're making me think of that scene close to the end of the drama, when Tak Gu was talking to Ma Jun one-on-one inside the bakery at night. Tak Gu was reminding Ma Jun of Master Pal Bong's last words to them: that their goal was to make "the world's happiest bread". I think there was something really great about that moment, because I think that's when, for Ma Jun, everything just clicked together: happiness isn't about winning; it's about finding enjoyment in what you do and your relationships with the people around you. That's the point when I think we as viewers know for sure that Ma Jun will change for the better: he will reconcile with Tak Gu and with Yu Kyung. And then he takes it a step further and reaches out to Manager Han as well - which was both so sweet but also so sad.

It's also a touching moment for his fans. Watching him receive his first acting award and doing a sweet speech in front of people makes me proud and touched. That award is one of his most memorable moments in his life. Award for all his hard work as a newcomer. And now he is one of top actor in South Korea. Its a precious moment for him and his fans.

It tells me that JW is in the entertainment industry due to his love for acting as an art and not for fame or fortune. All the awards and recognition are bonuses to him - although even he has admitted that they become a burden over time.

I feel that too when I read the comments. It makes me curious about people's thoughts when they read this too. 

As long as he is happy, I will support. I might will ship him with actresses he act with but its not like I really ship them hard. Its just they look nice together.

For me, it always comes down to one basic principle: even if we don't know them personally, celebrities are people, and we should respect them the way we do anyone else.

I love that he wear something that reasonably price. Not so cheap but not so expensive. It means that he is a responsible man that not like to spending money easily. I remember that he said he wants to buy a house for his parent. I don't like people that spending money easily. It looks like they are not responsible with their own money.

I remember him saying that, too - he wanted not just an apartment, but a big house with enough space for a yard/garden. It made me imagine something like the house Uhm Tae Woong had custom-built for his wife and daughter and his dogs (you see it on "Return to Superman").

Hm...I wonder how far along he is on that project, actually. I think it's a really noble and filial goal to have, because he's not just talking about getting a big house for his family, but wanting to live together with them in that house (parents, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, etc.). Just imagining that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and makes me want to wish him all the best. :) 

Finally! As usual, its awesome. It makes me want the next chapter for this fanfic. I'm curious about the story line you will tell in the fanfic. Oh! I also waiting for Yeo Jin's appearance. About their painful love story and lonely heart of Tae Hyun that waiting for his wife to comeback to him.

Well, this story was written to be a standalone, so it's not part of a series or anything. However, I will definitely come back to "Yong Pal" fics in the future - I have a few ideas floating around in my mind for that :wink:

For now, though, the next fic I'm working on is the next part of the "Seolleim in Salzburg" series - it's time for Nae Il's concert debut! I'm...not quite far along enough to feel like sharing a preview right now, but let's just say that I've been planning this installment for a long time, and I'm definitely looking forward to writing it. :wink: 

Do you remember this scene? He is so cute in this episode. Gaksital that scared of punishment. 

lol - That one, and also one where it was just Jong Min having to flick his forehead and JW was just squirming to get out of reach. Each time he does this, the hyungs just tease him: "How on earth are you Gaksital?" "Why is Gaksital so scared in real life?" :tongue: 

Everytime I see this, I always thought that he is a good shepherd.

I'm with the commenters on this one: just what on earth is that? Is it a dog or a sheep??? Personally, I think it's a dog - maybe something like a really strangely shorn poodle or something :tongue: 

He is perfect everytime he portray his character.

lol - I remember that JW originally said he didn't want to do "Yong Pal" because he'd had such a hard time learning the script for "Good Doctor" (i.e. medical terminology is hard enough to memorize as it is, but doing it with Park Si On's voice  and his super-formal "-imnida" endings and rapid-fire delivery? That was close to impossible!) But he agreed to "Yong Pal" after seeing just how different a character Kim Tae Hyun was from Park Si On. I'm not sure just how much farther outside of the box one could take a medical drama, though - and I doubt JW would sign on for a more ordinary or typical medical drama - so...it might not happen. But that's okay. Because I'll definitely remember Park Si On and Kim Tae Hyun as two of the most distinctive doctors in Korean dramas, ever.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Such a sad moment from "Ojakgyo Brothers" - Cute that they used JW's real-life childhood photos, though.

A cute shot from 1N2D

I like how this behind-the-scenes shot from "Nae Il's Cantabile" turned out

Rehearsals for "Ghost"

This collage is so pretty!

• Like 1

Just discovered this video, and I thought it was so funny that I had to share it right away.

In short: JW and the K-pop idol group 2PM tackling the same old-time-y song, "My Brother is a Street Musician".

Just for the record, I don't actually know all the members of 2PM - however, I am at least familiar with Chansung ("CS" in this video) and Junho (JH). I know of both of them from "Level 7 Civil Servant", actually: Chansung played the second male lead there, and Junho sang part of the OST. Given that, I remember thinking that Junho's voice was similar to JW's - and listening to them both singing the same song here, I'm definitely noticing it, although I think I could tell their voices apart if I had to.

Finally, one last thing about the clips from "Gaksital" - I love how we get to see Tamao bopping along in the audience both times :D 

• Like 1

Okay - there's a ton of new JW-related goodies going up online today, so I'm sharing these new things now, and will come back later with my usual pics post.

1. JW did a live broadcast from the military!

Here's the video link: 

And, since it's just in Korean, here's what I've found from Instagram in terms of translation/summary so far:

One more in "Hidden Contents"!

Spoiler

A bonus here is that we can glean stuff from G-Dragon's fans, too :wink: 

And some photos as well

2. "Nae Il's Cantabile" is up on YouTube!

This is especially good for those of us who don't get KBS World on TV (like me), since it means there's now a safe site to watch full episodes.

It's being shown with subtitles in Chinese (Simplified), English, Indonesian, Korean, Malay and Vietnamese - just adjust the settings (the little wheel thing in the video player) to get the one you want :wink: 

Here's the link for the full playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf7VY8La5RGGK2ydjAi9fw4OCIavqZta

And, to start everyone off, here's Episode 1, which just got posted a short while ago (FYI: can we just talk about which thumbnail KBS chose for a second?! :tongue:):

Which, by the way, reminds me - KBS once uploaded all of "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" (which they translated there as "Bread, Love and Dreams" for some bizarre reason that I don't know) on YouTube, and here's the playlist for that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMf7VY8La5RH3x_0GUB_G4C9NsckRfCDl

And...that's it for now. Again, I'll come by later with my usual pics post!

• Like 1

Okay, I know I've shared a lot of stuff earlier today, so I'll be brief with the photos this time around.

Spoiler

A really nice shot from "Yong Pal"

A gorgeously cinematic moment from JW's appearance in the music video for "Made Yet Another Woman Cry" by 2Bic

He looks really cool in this shot here:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 4:35 AM, kittyna said:

You're making me think of that scene close to the end of the drama, when Tak Gu was talking to Ma Jun one-on-one inside the bakery at night. Tak Gu was reminding Ma Jun of Master Pal Bong's last words to them: that their goal was to make "the world's happiest bread". I think there was something really great about that moment, because I think that's when, for Ma Jun, everything just clicked together: happiness isn't about winning; it's about finding enjoyment in what you do and your relationships with the people around you.

That scene is like a turning point of Ma Jun. As you said that in that scene finally Ma Jun knew that happiness is not just about winning. That he can find his own happiness without hurting anybody. And Ma Jun also finally knew how sincere is Tak Gu's love as a brother to him. 

It tells me that JW is in the entertainment industry due to his love for acting as an art and not for fame or fortune. All the awards and recognition are bonuses to him - although even he has admitted that they become a burden over time.

Yeah, he said it in Healing Camp. That he loves acting not because it gives him money but because he really love it from his heart. And he also said in interview that fame and money is just a bonus for his hardwork. Owh, how sincere he is...

Hm...I wonder how far along he is on that project, actually. I think it's a really noble and filial goal to have, because he's not just talking about getting a big house for his family, but wanting to live together with them in that house (parents, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, etc.). Just imagining that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and makes me want to wish him all the best. :) 

I was so amazed that he wants to get something for his parent and not for him. And it is a big house. It is so sweet that he work hard to buy a house for his family. In every interview that mentioning his parent, the interviewer always said that he is so filial, kind, hardworking. Joo won is indeed very kind and hardworking. Filial is what makes me loves him even more. Person that love their parent and want to work hard for their mom and dad is the best. 

lol - That one, and also one where it was just Jong Min having to flick his forehead and JW was just squirming to get out of reach. Each time he does this, the hyungs just tease him: "How on earth are you Gaksital?" "Why is Gaksital so scared in real life?" :tongue: 

I was laughing so hard when I watched that episode. It is one the best funny moments in 1N2D. Joo won's expression is so funny and cute. Especially after he got flicked, its like he suddenly become Bridal mask again.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, kittyna said:

In short: JW and the K-pop idol group 2PM tackling the same old-time-y song, "My Brother is a Street Musician".

I love Joo won's style more. He has such a bad boy pose in that scene.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:25 PM, kittyna said:

. JW did a live broadcast from the military!

Yes! I watched it. It was shocking and fun. I was so happy when I knew that he will do a broadcast that day. Now, I'm in process to translating the video. Hope it will finish soon so everyone can read it. What's in my mind when I watch it is Joo won is really really a soldier right now. He know a lot and he is working hard to do his job perfectly. He was sharing his stories and also some tips for people that nwant to enlist soon. I'm like a proud mom that knowing his son is success doing his job. This is the part 1 that I share: there will be more part to come.

Pics!!!

Handsome as always!

Lipstick? Hahaha :lol:

Me too! I've never been this addicted to a celebrity in my life. Just him, my lovely and handsome Cutie Moon Joon Won

There are many articles and news about them on the internet. I'm hoping for more interaction between them.

Never tired saying that I love his hands. Big and warm. So neat and clean. Joo won said that his hands is ugly. But people are already proove it that his hand is so nice and gentle. Aiyoo... joo won-ah, your hands is so beautiful. You just don't know it. People are already prooved it themself.

• Like 1