Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

think I'd just be stunned - I doubt I'd scream at first...I might after the fact, though :tongue: 

Or maybe i will be like this. Run towards him and scream so loud. And make effort to touch him. I wiss i could be one of them. Just seeing him in person is one of my dream.

Oh, wow...why does he look like an action figure? Or is it just me?

His pose is looks like a hero from movie i watched. But with different outfit. He wears soldier uniform. So maybe its like "a loyal soldier" movie. With that broader shoulder and that chest. I can see that his body is improving now. Maybe because all of his activity in camp makes his body more healthy and muscular. Its been such a long time after his last appearance and now he looks more handsome and dashing. This time manly joo won will take over and cute joo won will be back after he finish his military service. 

Joo won is covering half of his face with mask so we just can see his eyes and even the eyes is almost covered by the cap. I can't have much of his awesomeness. I'm not full yet. But luckily, we have full body shot so we can see his full uniform from near. I noticed that joo won always cover his neck with that black thing. It always wrapped around his neck. And also the clothes makes him look bigger than the actual.

think that JW has this ability to take what could be a very one-dimensional character and make him three-dimensional. So, while some characters are actually written to be really complex to begin with (e.g. Gu Ma Jun or Lee Kang To), JW can also take characters that might have been a bit flat to begin with (e.g. Han Gil Ro or Lee Ho Tae in "Catch Me"), and make them feel real and human. It takes a really good combination between talent and effort for that to happen, but I have yet to be disappointed on that front

It is his tallent as an actor. he has more advantages in this regard. I agree very much. and the audience or people also admit it. joo won can make people feel that his character is real and true as it exists in the real world. even actor and actress or even idol / singer was in love with his charm in playing his role. for example is the character park shi on in good doctor. even america make a remake based on this drama. many people say that the original version is better. and park shi on is cuter.

Did you ever heard that there's actress that invited joo won to hang out or more like drink tea together because she loves his character, park shi on.

Now pics and videos!

This time, i want to share videos that i like. Its from drama ojakgyo brothers. Its so romantic and the music is so beautiful. Love it! Just want to see hwang tae hee and baek ja eun again.

Can't miss that face! I do recognize him right away.

Teacher Joo is in the class kids! He just looks like one of the kids and not like the teacher at all. I don't know... Maybe because his aegyo tone and his outfit? He just so adorable!

That cheeks! That fluffy cheeks! I want them.

This is so sad... hahh... its so heartbreaking. 

Three set of joo won full aegyo. First one, Puing-puing...!! Second one, Noona-ya. And the last, gwiyomi song. Its so funny that joo won is confused but he still doing that perfectly. And of course so cute!

13 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Or maybe i will be like this. Run towards him and scream so loud. And make effort to touch him. I wiss i could be one of them. Just seeing him in person is one of my dream.

LOL! The closest clue I have to what may be my real-life reaction is from getting autographs from the costumed actors at Disneyworld :tongue: In those instances, I remember that I tried to stay calm - after all, I knew these were actors and not the actual characters - but there were also moments when I would just get impish and try something sassier or giddier. Things like blowing a Disney prince a kiss from afar, or yelling out to my parents who I had just gotten an autograph from, or, once, getting caught on camera staring into one girl's eyes because she looked so much like the character (Mary Poppins, in this case) that I was, for just a moment, completely captivated.

So...who knows? I imagine that if I were to meet a celebrity in real life - and actually know that I have (because it's always possible to see someone famous and not recognize them) - I would just be really shy. I guess I might try to say something if I was close enough (like, we just happened to be at adjacent tables in a restaurant or in nearby seats on the subway), but otherwise...I think I would just watch from a distance. Maybe take a quick fancam shot, even though I know doing so isn't really right. If, however, on the off chance that I do overcome my surprise and shyness enough to get close - and I really have imagined this to myself in regards to JW - I think I would prefer a selca to an autograph. Because I might not always have a pen or something to write on with me, but if I'm on vacation...chances are, I'll have my phone or my actual camera around. 

19 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Joo won is covering half of his face with mask so we just can see his eyes and even the eyes is almost covered by the cap. I can't have much of his awesomeness. I'm not full yet. But luckily, we have full body shot so we can see his full uniform from near. I noticed that joo won always cover his neck with that black thing. It always wrapped around his neck. And also the clothes makes him look bigger than the actual.

Scarves like that black one are really versatile - he's wearing it around his neck, but can spread it up to cover his mouth if he gets cold (which looks to be what's happening here).

25 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

His pose is looks like a hero from movie i watched. But with different outfit. He wears soldier uniform. So maybe its like "a loyal soldier" movie. With that broader shoulder and that chest. I can see that his body is improving now. Maybe because all of his activity in camp makes his body more healthy and muscular. Its been such a long time after his last appearance and now he looks more handsome and dashing. This time manly joo won will take over and cute joo won will be back after he finish his military service. 

And, yes, he does look a lot bigger here. lol - I wonder, though, if he has actually ended up that much broader in the chest since the last set of uniformed pictures I've seen...or if he's just wearing a ton of layers underneath to keep warm :tongue: Part of me suspects the latter, actually, because looking at where the shoulders meet the sleeves of his uniform, he doesn't seem, like, way broader there than he did before. The head-neck-shoulder-arm ratio is still what I usually see from him.

But I do know for sure that JW is bigger and more muscular than he was before his enlistment - all the guys who go through their enlistment do, I imagine. I just think he's gotten bigger proportionately, rather than, say, just ending up with bigger shoulders or a broader chest.

27 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

for example is the character park shi on in good doctor. even america make a remake based on this drama. many people say that the original version is better. and park shi on is cuter.

lol - Yeah...I'd be one of those people :tongue: I only watched a little bit of the American version, although I have been paying attention to news about it, because I really want to see that show do well and be loved by American audiences. (It feels like a mini-victory for Korea more generally and JW more specifically when that happens.) 

In the remake's defence, having as aegyo-filled a main character as Park Si On really wouldn't work here, I don't think. The sort of behaviours we see from Park Si On and from JW in real life would end up looking childish, immature, possibly even gay here. And I don't think that's the image that the producers of the American version of "Good Doctor" were looking for, so of course they have had to adjust the character accordingly.

The general consensus in my family, though, is that JW did a more immersive and convincing depiction of someone with autism - and that's one of the reasons why none of us really got on board with the American version. I think that the remake was going for a set of symptoms that would more emphasize the character's savant syndrome, but - at least from trailers and stills - it looks like they missed out on some chances for the full-body immersive acting that JW used.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

This is SO CUTE!!! Someone took this photo at Incheon Airport in 2014, when JW was on his way to Hong Kong for a fan meeting

Another cute moment featuring JW and kids, this time from 1N2D

Gorgeous lighting in this screenshot from "Life Log"

Speaking of Hwang Tae Hee...

One of my favourite things about JW as an actor is the way that he adapts his mannerisms and expressions to suit the character he's playing. For instance, one thing that I loved about his portrayal of Cha Yoo Jin in "Nae Il's Cantabile" is the way he changed his smile. We know that when JW smiles, he usually goes all the way: his mouth is open, he's showing his teeth, his eyes get really small, etc. But when he's in character as Yoo Jin, I've found that his smile is more toned down: it's less bright, but I actually feel that it's a bit warmer. It's what, in my fanfics, I describe as a "warm" or "fond" smile - it shows how much he cares, but also that it's not in his personality to be really open about that.

So...like in the bottom two shots here:

Okay, just how many times does JW do this gesture???

Comparing an older and more recent photo

Recording studio pic!

Popping by quickly to offer you all Preview #2 of my upcoming Seollal/Valentine's Day fic!

The first preview was more introductory, but in this one, the story's starting to actually go somewhere - a bit of a mystery, perhaps? :wink: 

(Note: this is not exactly the version I have written down - I've had to make some changes for this preview due to potential spoilers! But you should still get the gist of what's going on. But don't worry, guys - it won't turn out as makjang as it probably sounds right now :))

Spoiler

It’s only when my uncle arrives on the scene that all of us are finally pulled back together from our respective conversations. He had slipped away at some point earlier, but is now back, an old photo album in his hands.

I can’t stop myself from rolling my eyes. “Oe Samchon…do we have to?”

He gives me a warning look, then nods in Nae Il’s direction. “Ask her. She’s the one who was snooping around the house looking at our old photos the last time she was here.”

I round on Nae Il in surprise. “You did what? Ya, Seollebal!”

“Mianhae, Orabang,” she squeaks out, a sheepish expression on her face. But I know Seol Nae Il well enough now to know that she is, in fact, not sorry in the least.

Still, as far as past photographs are concerned, these ones don’t turn out all that bad. Rather wisely, my uncle had chosen an album of pictures that Eomma had mailed to him over the years we had lived in Salzburg when I was little. The familiar sights in the pictures immediately catch Nae Il’s interest, and they also give her something to talk about as she and Eomma start trading anecdotes with each other.

It isn’t long, then, before all the rest of us have joined in as well: leaning forward in curiosity as Eomma flips through the pages, laughing and joking at the pleasant memories the pictures conjure up.

There is one photograph in particular, though, that elicits a very different response. Eomma seems to stumble upon it by accident, because she immediately stiffens when it is revealed. A split second later, she quickly flips the page to the next one, the only outward sign of her discomposure being a whispered aside to my uncle: “Oppa…did you have to include that one as well?”

Nae Il raises her hand. “Wait, Eomemonim!” she calls out as the image disappears from view. “May I – may I have another look at that, juseyo?”

I give her a quick warning nudge. “Seollebal….”

She shakes her head. “I don’t mean any harm, I promise. I just want to know if I saw what I think I did.”

Eomma meets her eyes, then looks questioningly at my uncle. To my surprise, he pats her gently on the hand.

“It’s been almost twenty years, Sun Young-ah. I don’t think any of us will mind.”

Eomma mulls over it a moment longer, but then finally nods and turns back to the page she had tried to skip over. Once the photo is in front of us again, Nae Il scoots closer to get a better look.

“I knew it.”

“What? What are you getting at, Seollebal?”

But I already know.

Nae Il reaches out with one finger and taps the computer screen at one of the faces in the picture. “That’s Milch, isn’t it?”

“‘Milch’?” Eomma asks.

“It’s what Nae Il calls Professor Stresemann,” I explain. “It’s a long story.”

But her curiosity and confusion has nothing on mine.

From his days teaching the S Orchestra at Haneum, I knew that Professor Stresemann and Eomma did not get along; any time they met, they would start bickering with each other, and I have learned to simply leave them to it rather than make some futile attempt to intervene. As for Abeoji, it had taken some badgering on my part, but I have since learned that while Maestro Viera was the professor’s second least favourite person in the world, my father was the first.

So if they all dislike each other…why does Eomma have a photo, dating back to my earliest childhood years, of the professor?

And why, in that photo, is he with me?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kittyna said:

LOL! The closest clue I have to what may be my real-life reaction is from getting autographs from the costumed actors at Disneyworld :tongue: In those instances, I remember that I tried to stay calm - after all, I knew these were actors and not the actual characters - but there were also moments when I would just get impish and try something sassier or giddier. Things like blowing a Disney prince a kiss from afar, or yelling out to my parents who I had just gotten an autograph from, or, once, getting caught on camera staring into one girl's eyes because she looked so much like the character (Mary Poppins, in this case) that I was, for just a moment, completely captivated.

Lucky you.. i never see celebrities that i like here. So even though i met real celebrity, i won't be so happy and just like normal person meeting another person. I've seen quite popular singer in my country. She was invited because my school is having a party. And when she appear, i was just listening to her music and then left early because its already midnight. 

but otherwise...I think I would just watch from a distance. Maybe take a quick fancam shot, even though I know doing so isn't really right. If, however, on the off chance that I do overcome my surprise and shyness enough to get close - and I really have imagined this to myself in regards to JW - I think I would prefer a selca to an autograph. Because I might not always have a pen or something to write on with me, but if I'm on vacation...chances are, I'll have my phone or my actual camera around

Actually, i might be screaming if other people is screaming too. But if it just me see that celebrity, i might walk closer towards his/her and ask (with really small voice) for his autograph and take selca together. Its for proove that i really met a celebrity in my life.

And, yes, he does look a lot bigger here. lol - I wonder, though, if he has actually ended up that much broader in the chest since the last set of uniformed pictures I've seen...or if he's just wearing a ton of layers underneath to keep warm :tongue: Part of me suspects the latter, actually, because looking at where the shoulders meet the sleeves of his uniform, he doesn't seem, like, way broader there than he did before. The head-neck-shoulder-arm ratio is still what I usually see from him.

Hmm... looking at the photo, we can see that his body proportion is getting better and better everytime i see his new photos. In that photo, first thing i noticed is his chest. Its like he is puffing out his chest. And the second one is his full uniform especially the rope, chain, the big belt, and also the red devil cap. The last is his pose. Because i think it is such a rare view, it's like he is in his role as an assistant instructure. With that sharp eyes and tall body and with such a pose, it is like he is dominating the whole room. 

But the thing is, we can't see his face! I miss him. But it is okay since its been a long time after his last update. Now, i'm waiting for the new update again. You know that joo won will be discharge on February 15th, 2019. And with just few days, joo won will comeback right 1 year from now. And i hope for new updates from him.

I only watched a little bit of the American version, although I have been paying attention to news about it, because I really want to see that show do well and be loved by American audiences. (It feels like a mini-victory for Korea more generally and JW more specifically when that happens.) 

And i watched just the trailer. Because i heard that the drama is popular there. So i want to give it a try. i'm so proud that joo won acting skills is bringing the drama to the next level. And also its an improvement for his carrier and talent.

In the remake's defence, having as aegyo-filled a main character as Park Si On really wouldn't work here, I don't think. The sort of behaviours we see from Park Si On and from JW in real life would end up looking childish, immature, possibly even gay here. And I don't think that's the image that the producers of the American version of "Good Doctor" were looking for, so of course they have had to adjust the character accordingly

We also can't see park shi on's politeness whenever he talking. In american version, park shion (shawn) is just talking with normal voice and same attitude as normal person. I also heard that the director of American version is changed some of the incident in the drama. And also include or match the American culture in the drama. For example, i heard that there was scene where american cha yoon seo (I forgot the name) is caught sleeping with other man in the hospital. 

The general consensus in my family, though, is that JW did a more immersive and convincing depiction of someone with autism - and that's one of the reasons why none of us really got on board with the American version. I think that the remake was going for a set of symptoms that would more emphasize the character's savant syndrome, but - at least from trailers and stills - it looks like they missed out on some chances for the full-body immersive acting that JW used.

Thats why joo won is an awesome and amazing actor. He does not adjust to his character but he made his own character. His skill is almost same like a veteran actor. The way he immersed into his character and can be himself again after the director say "cut"

This is SO CUTE!!! Someone took this photo at Incheon Airport in 2014, when JW was on his way to Hong Kong for a fan meeting

Do you know who is this kid? I first though it was his child if i'm not take a closer look. Hmm... i think it was his nephew, isn't it?

Aww... i love how he grabbed the kid hand and look at the kid. The pose is also very cool. 

And by the way, what do you think about this picture? He will be a great dad, isn't he? I kinda seen many photos of joo won with kids. And all of that is so adorable. I love how he take care of the kids. Play with them, feed them, and also talk to them.

In this photo joo won is giving the kid a candy. Hahaha so cute! With yellow stethoscope amd serious expression he fed the kid carefully.

And also this!

Can i count this as a kid? His expression is so lovable.

Can i say that today's theme is Joo won as a kid?

i want to be that chopsticks 

Cool expression!! But we still can see his childlike side in this photo 

His face in this photo is like his teenage photo. And also with that hairstyle, he sure looks like young joo won in highschool. The kid is cute too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Lucky you.. i never see celebrities that i like here. So even though i met real celebrity, i won't be so happy and just like normal person meeting another person. I've seen quite popular singer in my country. She was invited because my school is having a party. And when she appear, i was just listening to her music and then left early because its already midnight. 

lol - Disney characters don't quite count as celebrities :tongue: 

But we do get celebrities showing up in my city a lot, because it's a popular drama/movie filming location, and there's also a big film festival that happens every year. However, I don't follow Hollywood that closely, so I probably wouldn't notice even if I saw someone famous - the only way I'd know would probably be if they were surrounded by fans and reporters...and even then, I might not know who it is, but just that there is a celebrity nearby :tongue: 

Hmm... looking at the photo, we can see that his body proportion is getting better and better everytime i see his new photos. In that photo, first thing i noticed is his chest. Its like he is puffing out his chest. And the second one is his full uniform especially the rope, chain, the big belt, and also the red devil cap. The last is his pose. Because i think it is such a rare view, it's like he is in his role as an assistant instructure. With that sharp eyes and tall body and with such a pose, it is like he is dominating the whole room. 

He's definitely more charismatic in this photo than I've seen for a long time - as you said, he seems to just fill up the room and immediately draw your attention :) 

We also can't see park shi on's politeness whenever he talking. In american version, park shion (shawn) is just talking with normal voice and same attitude as normal person. I also heard that the director of American version is changed some of the incident in the drama. And also include or match the American culture in the drama. For example, i heard that there was scene where american cha yoon seo (I forgot the name) is caught sleeping with other man in the hospital. 

Yes, the American version went with entirely different medical cases - we're talking about a more general surgery department than pediatric surgery, so there will of course be different patients and sicknesses in the American version. As for the sex scene...you may have heard about that from me, because I was talking about it when I reviewed the first episode for this thread <_< Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that, but it's something I've come to expect from American television.

I actually could tell that Shawn was an autistic character from his speech, but it is definitely more subtle than Park Si On's. I think that language plays a role here - since English doesn't have the same distinctions of formality that Korean does, Si On's super-formal manner of speaking is not something that can translate well from Korean into English. There are ways of approximating it, but it won't sound the same, nor feel the same - what would sound awkwardly but cutely polite in Korean would just sound awkward in English (if we went with, say, how I do it in my fics - i.e. no contractions or short forms), OR sound really arrogant in English (as I've seen happen with other autistic savant characters in American and British television, where the character just uses really big and complicated words all the time).

So I have to say that although I prefer the Korean version of "Good Doctor", AND JW's interpretation of the character, the producers of the American version did a pretty good job with what they had to work with.

Do you know who is this kid? I first though it was his child if i'm not take a closer look. Hmm... i think it was his nephew, isn't it?

Aww... i love how he grabbed the kid hand and look at the kid. The pose is also very cool. 

I'm pretty sure the little boy in the photo isn't JW's nephew - because JW's nephew would have just been a baby at the time :wink: I personally just thought it was a fan's child, but I'm not sure either.

And by the way, what do you think about this picture? He will be a great dad, isn't he? I kinda seen many photos of joo won with kids. And all of that is so adorable. I love how he take care of the kids. Play with them, feed them, and also talk to them.

In this photo joo won is giving the kid a candy. Hahaha so cute! With yellow stethoscope amd serious expression he fed the kid carefully.

Aw...that photo is cute, too! And I've got yet another one of JW with kids - this time from 1N2D:

And now for the Throwback Thursday pics!

Spoiler

"Gaksital" Behind the Scenes

Some moments from the music video of SM the Ballad's "Missing You" - From this Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbFzwX_H8Ol/

12eb1ea5bbe9fd2c8983dc24af07ecef.jpg

JW in Japan for "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" promotions

JW in the film "Don't Click"

I'm not entirely sure if this is an older photo, but it does look like it

JW in "Spring Awakening" and "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

Backstage photo from "Ghost"

• Like 1

On 10/5/2013 at 3:37 AM, ellasam81 said:

He s so sincere in the interviews

Like every word come from his heart

Rly de I never seen such a sincere guy I don't know hw to explain

I mean otter actors are vvv good in talking and vvv good at expressing their thoughts And they are sincere too

But I hv never see any actor like cutie so true and so sincere

I mean I can really feel his sincerity from every interviews he s in

As he will think it carefully then answer unlike sm they kp talking non stop and never think awhl then talk

N you. Can see from his eyes his great sincerity n Purenees

I hope he can be an actor thAt don't act like celebrity

No wonder

I like him so much

As he s nature and really true to himself and others

Cutie I hope u can rly become what you want to Becm and remain your pure heart

Saranghaeyo cutie as an idol with true and pure heart

Hmm I think I like nature and inner beauty thAn appearance

So true!!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2012 at 12:50 AM, mrdimples said:

Edwin staff account of Edwin Photoshoot
902ca98b87d6277f4e532fb728381f30e824fcad
61244336acaf2edd928e54668d1001e9380193ea

20th September 2012 - Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon posed for Edwin’s winter photoshoot. The set was imbued with the atmosphere of Christmas.

This Edwin staff also took some pictures with Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon . Here is her account:

Joo Won hit my shoulder and also shook hands with me, signing an autograph. His face was very small, his voice was strong and when he was speaking, he looked very beautiful. When he laughed, he also looked good. When he spoke, his face was as pure and innocent like a child. He was the mood maker on the set.

Jin Se Yeon was beautiful beyond words. She was like a doll who can breathe. When she spoke, her voice was very good. She was also very polite and very warm. She said thank you while signing the autograph. I was struck by her dazzling big eyes.

Chinese translation: m217tw on baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: 190524 blog

Awww.... i like this! Hope they get another project together. And make their second love story. Gaksital Couple!!!

• Like 1

Currently woke up at the crack of dawn to catch the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics - are you guys watching as well?

I still haven't gotten any intel or reference about whether JW's gonna be involved, but by this point, it doesn't matter to me either way. If we do see him, it'll be an awesome surprise; but if not, the performances so far have been really good, so I'm not complaining :)

But still, to get into the spirit of things....

Spoiler

d221b3559a92232798d47647faa23e99.jpg

13d80a6ac62e49357292f9510e0a9be1.jpg

42806a5627b4d78eadb610e6f0d41bcc.jpg

9f606914cab5dd2055fcdc8f2d933098.jpg

d3d6fd5dbd7c4791a03ed81044791f64.jpg

3671903749171f6d95c3ef41d09cb551.jpg

• Like 1

@moonstrike By the way, I just remembered, since we were talking about our hypothetical reactions to seeing JW - when I went to Seoul with my parents, I didn't see a celebrity, but I did see a celebrity sighting.

What do I mean by that?

It was right when we arrived to Korea, at Incheon Airport. My parents and I had just come out through customs and the baggage claim, and had just stepped through to the shopping/waiting area outside (the same part that you always see in dramas when someone arrives from abroad :wink:) My dad was trying to find a place to buy our subway passes, and my mom and I were standing together waiting for him with our luggage. Just then, we saw a some people - mostly young girls - running full-speed towards us. They were together, but not - like, they were travelling separately, either individually or in small groups, but clearly all had the same goal in mind. I noticed them first, and realized that they were not going to stop or slow down, so grabbed my mom and pulled her with me out of the way so they wouldn't crash into us. As though we weren't even there, the girls just kept running right past us on either side with their cameras all the way to the double-doors that we had just come out through a few minutes prior. 

The whole thing was over in less than a minute: the mad dash, the crowd forming several ranks deep around the doors, cheering for whoever it was that they saw, and then dispersing as soon as that person had left. By the time I even realized what was happening and it had crossed my mind to head over to see who the celebrity was, I was already too late and everyone was leaving.

So...yeah. No freaking clue whatsoever which celebrity was in Incheon Airport at the same time I was. But if that's not a giant reality check that I was now in Korea...I don't know what is.

Also, just to keep this post somewhat JW-related, here's Preview #3 of the fic I'm currently working on - featuring the return of a character I had introduced in the last one :wink: 

Spoiler

“Yoo Jin! Nae Il! What are you two doing here?”

Startled, both of us freeze in our tracks, right in the middle of the lobby, and turn to glance up at the main staircase where the voice had come from.

“Lana!” Nae Il calls out, jumping up and down and waving enthusiastically at our friend – a Russian graduate student specializing in the flute whom we had gotten to know over the past term from our working together in a Baroque ensemble.

Gesturing for us to wait for her, Lana comes briskly down the stairs. “What brings you two here?” she asks as soon as she reaches us. “Aren’t you supposed to be on break?”

“I can ask you the same thing myself,” I answer.

Lana shrugs, then jerks her head upwards towards the upper levels of the building. “Just some paperwork that needed to be taken care of – you?”

This time, it is Nae Il who explains what we have been doing today. She even turns on the camera to show Lana some of the photos we have taken thus far – not the ones from early this morning, of course, but the ones from the Mirabell Gardens, as well as some we took when we had stopped for lunch at a sausage stand as we doubled back towards the Mozarteum.

“These pictures are really good,” Lana says once Nae Il has finished scrolling through them. “But there’s one thing missing.”

“What?” Nae Il asks, her smile slowly cooling and fading away.

Lana flicks a finger back and forth a few times to point at both of us. “You need at least one photo of the two of you together.”

Nae Il and I exchange glances. “Well, I guess we could try taking a selfie at some point,” I finally concede, “but it’d be hard to do that with anything other than a cellphone.”

“Here,” Lana says, gesturing for Nae Il to hand her the camera. “Why don’t I help you?”

We both shake our heads. “Thank-you, but no,” I say.

“We don’t want to be any trouble,” Nae Il adds, echoing my own sentiments exactly.

“Oh, but it’s no trouble at all; I’ve got some time to kill anyway.”

Finally, she manages to persuade us to let her join us. Then, after taking a quick glance around the lobby, turning her head this way and that to get her bearings, Lana heads towards one of the doors on the side of the lobby opposite to the stairs, gesturing for us to follow her. Nae Il immediately takes a step after her, but then turns back and grabs hold of my hand.

“Come on, Orabang,” she whispers urgently.

“But where are we going?”

“Just trust Lana, all right?” she says, pulling me along. “I’m sure she knows where she is going.”

It doesn’t take us long to reach the place our friend has in mind: just across the lobby into a corridor that runs parallel to its length, and then across that to a closed set of double doors.

“The Kleines Studio?” I ask warily, recognizing where we are: just standing outside of one of several performance rooms scattered around the Mozarteum. Instinctively, my voice drops down to a sharp whisper. “Are you sure this is allowed?”

“The competition is taking place in the Solitär upstairs, so I don’t think anyone is using this room right now….” Lana opens the door a crack and sticks her head into the opening for a moment before coming back out. “Just as I thought: no-one’s here, so we should be fine.” With that, she disappears through the opening, Nae Il following just a step behind. It takes me a moment longer to find the nerve to go after them, but eventually, I, too, open the door just enough to squeeze through.

The Kleines Studio, unlike either the Solitär or the Grosses Studio next door, is a small and intimate space. Stark and modern with dark floors and soundproof panels on the walls, the only spot of colour in the otherwise austere space is several rows of red plastic chairs set up by the door we have just entered. But the room, which is usually used for workshops and smaller, more intimate concerts, is dominated by the open space in the front where, brightly illuminated by the lights that Lana has just turned on using the control panel set in the wall, stands a black grand piano.

Once again, I find myself hesitating by the door. I’m quite sure that we are trespassing, and, any moment now, someone from the janitorial staff – or worse, the faculty – could step in and catch us. And what would become of us then?

Nae Il, however, has no such qualms. Already, she has made her way to the front of the room. She takes off her coat and drapes it over one of the chairs, then beckons me to join her.

• Like 1

Just popping by for a quick set of miscellaneous pics - this time, featuring JW and his friends :) 

Spoiler

This one was meant to share the same Go Kyung Pyo interview that I had mentioned once before (the one where he mentioned JW, Min Jin Woong and Shin Ju Hwan among his friends), but with different pics

JW with Lim Yoon Ho and Shin Ju Hwan

"Fashion King" promos - JW with Ahn Jae Hyun (I don't know if they're close in real life, but they did a lot of the promos together)

JW and Jung Woong In (first pic is for "Yong Pal", and the second is for "My Sassy Girl")

"Level 7 Civil Servant" Behind the Scenes - JW with Choi Kang Hee

Throwback to JW's bromance with Park Ki Woong

JW with Joo Sang Wook at the VIP premiere for "Fatal Intuition"

Massive group photo time! JW with Shin Ju Hwan, Kim Min Cheol, Min Jin Woong, Lim Yoon Ho, and Lee Se Wook

JW with Park Bo Gum at the 2014 KBS Drama Awards (Again, I don't actually know how close they are in real life, but if Park Bo Gum and Go Kyung Pyo are BFFs, and GKP is also in JW's circle of close friends...maybe?)

JW with Kim Young Kwang for GGIO2 - It's for work, but seeing how they interact with each other, I also think they get along really well in real life

Saving the funniest one for last - Min Jin Woong with "JW" (actually, it's a Gaksital sculpture :tongue:)

• Like 1

Still quiet here, so I'm just coming by with some pics, as usual.

Spoiler

A number of behind the scenes photos from "Yong Pal" that I hadn't seen before:

3ce6ca6823da1bfe9ecc0e67855d3951.jpg

9ee0f2d3366772a4d3f44a6e8a7f0fc2.jpg

bc21fbfb0a06d238f8337f3db7bdf7f0.jpg

d21ed43b6c47bd258a9a6129554a59ec.jpg

b53ddec7059577fc3830ab1db3696049.jpg

Re: this next one - I've seen closeups of JW's pose/expression before, but I hadn't realized he was photobombing the others until now :tongue: 

0b7a917bf48424307a34c56570ac9ea9.jpg

And now for some other miscellaneous photos.

I love his laugh in this one; he looks so happy and carefree :D

This shot, from a GGIO2 photoshoot, looks cute 

He got caught on camera fooling around with the microphone during an interview :tongue: 

Some of my favourite shots from "Life Log"

JW's mukbang while filming "Yong Pal" - This was from a V Live broadcast

• Like 1

On 5/28/2014 at 5:59 PM, farbarri said:

Watching the Radio show of Joowon with Ivy gives me a warm feeling inside~ though i can only make out bits and pieces of their conversation, i just love looking at Joowon's adorableness and manliness mixed together. I love seeing his expressions. He changes them every second. He pouts, smiles, laughs, looks confuaed, looks at Ivy with so much love and friendship feeling, and talks with so much sincerity. So cute!!!

Just with Joowon's greeting alone, the woman DJ started saying how much of a kid Joowon seems to be, because he looks so young. I guess that's just Joowon's nature. He does seem very boyish yet he exhibits manlibess and maturedness in his voice and answers.

His voice is actually quite deep when he speaks. I love it when he speaks close to the mic, using his low voice. It's like he's whispering to me~ :x :x :x

Joowon talked about kiss scenes, and compares himself to the other Sam actors. I think he mentioned that the other actors are older than him and had more experience, and he felt lacking in certain ways. He also said that he doesnt do internet shopping, nor does he know how to do internet banking. :)) :)) :))

He's very humble. If only he can see what us and the writer can see... To me, he certainly is the BEST Sam.

Hiii!!! I'm back with awesome comment on my hand. I would be back again later. I was so tired yesterday, so I can't visit this forum. But this day, I will!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2014 at 11:31 PM, Jacquelyn Allen said:

Watching the fan video of Joo Won as he leaves after the performance I am struck once again with how considerate he is of his fans. Doing a musical (and with his other activities to boot!) is exhausting but yet he does not brush aside the fans. He continues to use a main exit so that his fans can interact with him..you just have to love this guy!

That is our Cutie-Joo-won-Pie! Love him! 

By the way, I'm hoping for new update from him. I miss him very much. I watch a video about his camp, baekgol or white skull camp in gangwondo. It was so tiring and cold in winter. Imagining him in that position is so sad. But I'm sure and know that he is strong! He can surpass this. Who is the person that got first place in his camp and receive an achievement from the captain? That person is absolutely our lovely and strong Joo won!

https://youtu.be/gUTcnGiH7gE

• Like 1

On 6/9/2014 at 4:03 PM, farbarri said:

It always amazes me how Joowon thinks he hasnt done well enough. The thing is, seriously, he is the best Sam Wheat out of the 3 main Sam actors. I dont know how actors in other country is, but he's as best Sam as Sam can ever be.

Joowon can make people laugh with his words and actions, he amazes people with his powerful singing prowess, and he can make audience cry when he cries or mourn. There is nothing else in Sam that he can show. Joowon has gone all out in all the performances i've seen.

At this point, i'm sure other actors are feeling upset, yet they must have gone for audition for other musicals already. Our Joowonie? Still thinking how else he can interprest Sam Wheat. Joowon-ah, you have worked hard~ I dont know what else to say apart from "I love you" :x :x :x :x

^_^:wub: he always think he didn't do good enough everytime he finish a project. But cutie, ypu are doing a really great job portraying your character. You are the best! 

Actually that thought of him makes him a good and awesome actor. Actor who always think like that is always find a way to improve his skills and also think a way to do something better. You just awesome, cutie!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 2:21 AM, kittyna said:

He's definitely more charismatic in this photo than I've seen for a long time - as you said, he seems to just fill up the room and immediately draw your attention :) 

I need more photos like this! Joo won in his assistant instructure uniform with manly and charismatic pose. I'm just so desperate searching his new update but its like he was isolated from outside world. Can't find anything. I'm just miss him so much. And all i can do is watch his past videos and read his past interview. 

Yes, the American version went with entirely different medical cases - we're talking about a more general surgery department than pediatric surgery, so there will of course be different patients and sicknesses in the American version. As for the sex scene...you may have heard about that from me, because I was talking about it when I reviewed the first episode for this thread <_< Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that, but it's something I've come to expect from American television

By the way, i recently knew that Good doctor is won an award in Banff World Media Festival! Proud of Joo won and all actor also staff that work hard for this project!

Here is the article: 

Recently, after GD won the Paeksang Award for Best Drama and the Rockie Award for Serial Drama in the Banff World Media Festival, there has been an increasing interest among the Chinese speaking K drama fans in Baidu, in uri Joo Wonnie and his past dramas, in particularly for BM. This is due to Cutie's fans in Baidu forums who have been relentlessly introducing his past projects, promoting his upcoming new drama and movies, and praising cutie for his acting talent and his likeable/lovable/adorable personality .

I want to share this new BM vid that is made by a KDW's fan who now has also become a JW's fan after watching BM recently. It is a really well-made MV focusing on the bromance of Kang-To and Shunji :x It looks like a movie trailer. Don't miss it.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1-YKfwjn5xc/?resourceId=0_06_02_99

I'm pretty sure the little boy in the photo isn't JW's nephew - because JW's nephew would have just been a baby at the time :wink: I personally just thought it was a fan's child, but I'm not sure either.

So that means that child is so lucky because he can hold Joo won's hand and also feel his affection. 

We can see that Joo won was really take care of that child. He is ready to be a father. Just find a perfect woman and he is ready to get married! Hahaha...

Pics!!! (It's been quite sometime since my last pics corner)

I know that feel, friend! I know that feel.

That looks! I'm dying here...

I think joo won is okay with dragonfly. He just afraid of something that fly uncontrollably with scary appearance but he might thinks that dragonfly is not like that. So he doesn't have any problems with that.

Last year photo.

First time seeing this photo. I love his expression here. His eyes is so tender and gentle here. And also that face with dimples! I LOVE THIS!!!

My feelings right now. Waiting for his update.

By the way, just three days more joo won will be back in 365 days! So it's right one year and he will be back. 

His smile is so natural and cheerful! Especially in this photo.

• Like 1

Welcome back, @moonstrike! It's been eerily quiet here the past few days, but I'm glad I'm not just talking to myself anymore :) 

10 hours ago, moonstrike said:

By the way, I'm hoping for new update from him. I miss him very much. I watch a video about his camp, baekgol or white skull camp in gangwondo. It was so tiring and cold in winter. Imagining him in that position is so sad. But I'm sure and know that he is strong! He can surpass this. Who is the person that got first place in his camp and receive an achievement from the captain? That person is absolutely our lovely and strong Joo won!

5 hours ago, moonstrike said:

I need more photos like this! Joo won in his assistant instructure uniform with manly and charismatic pose. I'm just so desperate searching his new update but its like he was isolated from outside world. Can't find anything. I'm just miss him so much. And all i can do is watch his past videos and read his past interview. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it's a waiting game for us fans, because the military is - and perhaps ought to be - closed off from the outside world for the most part. In fact, I'm surprised at what little we've already gotten: the festivals, the meetings with politicians, the Olympics promos, etc. I guess my impression prior to JW's enlistment was that those who did enlist would just...disappear. But he hasn't, and nor have any of the others. I even somehow managed to see a Seollal greeting ad featuring Ji Chang Wook, which I imagine must have been prepared months in advance (since those doing their enlistment can only actively participate in military-run promotions). It makes me wonder if, maybe, JW, his agency or the companies he endorses might still have some surprises for us. :wink: 

(Here's the JCW picture, by the way - just as proof that I didn't make this up)

Spoiler

8b432c6608e8843e9d0e700ec21de202.jpg

The caption that showed up with this on my Pinterest feed: "Lunar New Year arrives in a few short days, so Fossil Asia and Ji Chang Wook send along their wishes for a Happy 2018 Year of the Dog!"

9 hours ago, moonstrike said:

he always think he didn't do good enough everytime he finish a project. But cutie, ypu are doing a really great job portraying your character. You are the best! 

Actually that thought of him makes him a good and awesome actor. Actor who always think like that is always find a way to improve his skills and also think a way to do something better. You just awesome, cutie!

I'm with you here: JW's always looking for room for improvement, and that is healthy in an actor and an artist. What isn't healthy is when this ends up getting him down, but I do think that over the years, he's gotten better at reining in that part of himself and staying optimistic about the whole process.

By the way, i recently knew that Good doctor is won an award in Banff World Media Festival! Proud of Joo won and all actor also staff that work hard for this project!

Here is the article: 

Recently, after GD won the Paeksang Award for Best Drama and the Rockie Award for Serial Drama in the Banff World Media Festival, there has been an increasing interest among the Chinese speaking K drama fans in Baidu, in uri Joo Wonnie and his past dramas, in particularly for BM. This is due to Cutie's fans in Baidu forums who have been relentlessly introducing his past projects, promoting his upcoming new drama and movies, and praising cutie for his acting talent and his likeable/lovable/adorable personality .

Just to clarify: "Good Doctor" (the Korean version) won that award in 2014 - https://www.soompi.com/2014/06/11/good-doctor-wins-best-serial-drama-award-at-banff-world-media-festival/

(Saying now that it won "recently" makes it confusing, as that could easily then be referring to the American version :wink:)

So that means that child is so lucky because he can hold Joo won's hand and also feel his affection. 

We can see that Joo won was really take care of that child. He is ready to be a father. Just find a perfect woman and he is ready to get married! Hahaha...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see where life takes him, then :) 

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Someone who knew JW and his family from the neighbourhood soccer team first shared this online: JW with his hyung

I can't read Thai, so had to put the caption through Google Translate (i.e. it's pretty inaccurate in terms of translating names, but you get the gist of it): "Yesterday with a little picture, Juwun and Junsu nun ... I love this pair of brothers like football. And joined the team with friends, parents and relatives. When the time is right, he goes to play. Wow! Kicking a field I like to cheat on the edge of the field. #JoWon Team #Joong"

I just really, really like how these shots turned out

Finally, the fourth and final Preview for my fic! It's coming along nicely, so I do hope it'll be finished on schedule (i.e. by Valentine's Day, my time :tongue:). And this is the furthest into the story I can go for previews without getting into spoilers :wink: 

Spoiler

I would have gone to the train station to pick up Professor Stresemann if he would have me. However, he insisted that he could find his way to our apartment on his own.

In the end, he arrives later than we had expected, courtesy of a delay at the station in Munich, where he had had to change lines. As I take the professor’s suitcase and wheel it into my room, I hear Nae Il ushering him into the living room. By the time I rejoin them, she is already serving him coffee and asking if there is anything in particular he wants to do while he’s here.

“Actually, there is one place,” Professor Stresemann says, just as I take the chair next to Nae Il across from him. His glances briefly at me in greeting before turning his attention back to her. “You kids know the Augustinerbräu, don’t you?”

Both of us nod. Of course we know it – who in Salzburg doesn’t? The Augustinerbräu is a large centuries-old beer hall just outside of the old city centre; partially owned by the monastery next door, it is a favourite gathering place for locals and tourists alike of all ages, who seek it out for its in-house draft served straight out of the barrel and for its convivial atmosphere. When it’s just the two of us, I don’t like going there much; there aren’t all that many tables for just two people, and the thought of having to share and make small talk with complete strangers terrifies me. However, we have been there on numerous occasions with some of the friends we have made already at the Mozarteum.

My familiarity with the place, however, does not stop me from feeling a sudden rush of alarm at Professor Stresemann’s suggestion. After all, experience has taught me that any evening involving both the professor and alcohol doesn’t end well; it is true that he has a high tolerance, but he uses it to its full capacity, and I am usually left to deal with the aftermath on my own.

But if either he or Nae Il notice the way I tense up instinctively or the fact that I have now clenched one of my hands into a fist under the table, they do not comment on it. Instead, I try to keep my expression as unchanged as possible as Nae Il accepts his invitation to treat us to dinner there tonight, even as, internally, I am already thinking up a strategy to keep things from getting too far out of hand.

Thankfully, Professor Stresemann still needs to call Elise, his manager, back in Berlin to confirm his safe arrival in Salzburg and also to go over some last minute details about his concert in Vienna. This gives me the chance to excuse myself, and as I get up from my seat, I gesture for Nae Il to follow me. After shooting a confused look back at the professor, who is now too busy to notice us, she obeys.

With Professor Stresemann’s luggage in my room, Nae Il’s room is the best place for us to talk in private. So that is where I lead her, quietly easing the door closed behind us.

“What’s going on?” she asks once we are alone. “Is something wrong?”

“Ani,” I reply, shaking my head. Then I fill her in on what I know of the professor’s habits thus far, taking note of the way her eyes widen and her jaw drops as the reality sinks in.

“So what do we do?”

“As far as the professor is concerned, nothing much; we just have to let things happen as they will. But you and I will have to try our best to stay sober, arasseo?” I reach out and gently grasp her by the shoulders. “Don’t go too far on the partying yourself, Nae Il-ah. I might need your help tonight.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

've said it before, and I'll say it again: it's a waiting game for us fans, because the military is - and perhaps ought to be - closed off from the outside world for the most part. In fact, I'm surprised at what little we've already gotten: the festivals, the meetings with politicians, the Olympics promos, etc. I guess my impression prior to JW's enlistment was that those who did enlist would just...disappear. But he hasn't, and nor have any of the others. I even somehow managed to see a Seollal greeting ad featuring Ji Chang Wook, which I imagine must have been prepared months in advance (since those doing their enlistment can only actively participate in military-run promotions). It makes me wonder if, maybe, JW, his agency or the companies he endorses might still have some surprises for us. :wink:

Hmmm.... I'm curious what kind of surprise they will give to us? After this kind of torture, they will give us the medicine. Maybe some awesome pictures will do. No, I mean Videos. Video with one hour length. Its such a dream. 

'm with you here: JW's always looking for room for improvement, and that is healthy in an actor and an artist. What isn't healthy is when this ends up getting him down, but I do think that over the years, he's gotten better at reining in that part of himself and staying optimistic about the whole process.

As i said, he always see something is good. So he never see something "failure" is bad. But the opposite, he see that as something to improve. With that thought in is mind, I'm sure he has strong believe and also faith. So he is not easly to be shaken and also not easy to get down. 

Saying now that it won "recently" makes it confusing, as that could easily then be referring to the American version :wink:

Actually I was copying that from past comment, so I did not change any words in that. 

Someone who knew JW and his family from the neighbourhood soccer team first shared this online: JW with his hyung

!!! Never seen this! What is that?! Joo won was really playing soccer with his hyung and his neighbors? Wow!

By the way, his clothes remind me his appearance in 1N2D. Simple yet sporty. And also he never leave his cap whenever he outside, isn't he? Except when his hair is styled by his stylish. Maybe because he doesn't want to get sunburn.

Finally, the fourth and final Preview for my fic! It's coming along nicely, so I do hope it'll be finished on schedule (i.e. by Valentine's Day, my time :tongue:). And this is the furthest into the story I can go for previews without getting into spoilers :wink: 

Wow... finay the last preview. So the fanfic is getting ready to post here.

And The Picture Corner:

This is from Joo Won DC Gallery. There are many cute photos of him when he appear in 1N2D. The memories... I hope he does another variety show in the future.

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=joowon&no=318419&page=1

Part 2:

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=joowon&no=318420&page=1

How to take a shower by Park Shi On

I definitely would buy this coffee if  they available in my country. Imagining you drink coffee with joo won in front of you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Hmmm.... I'm curious what kind of surprise they will give to us? After this kind of torture, they will give us the medicine. Maybe some awesome pictures will do. No, I mean Videos. Video with one hour length. Its such a dream. 

lol - I think a one-hour-long video's asking a bit much? :tongue: But photos would be nice - it makes me wonder if anyone managed to save up any in preparation for new fashion collections, agency-related updates, etc. Or maybe there will be other military-related events coming up, too. Maybe not right now, because Cheorwon is so close to the border - probably not a good idea to have a military-related display right at this moment - but in the future? Who knows?

!!! Never seen this! What is that?! Joo won was really playing soccer with his hyung and his neighbors? Wow!

I don't know how old the photo is, but it may be from the same soccer team he mentioned on "Win Win" that he was part of with his dad. 

By the way, his clothes remind me his appearance in 1N2D. Simple yet sporty. And also he never leave his cap whenever he outside, isn't he? Except when his hair is styled by his stylish. Maybe because he doesn't want to get sunburn.

I think the cap serves a dual purpose, then: one is for sun protection, and the other is to keep his hair from turning into a mess. I find that, for the most part, JW keeps his fringe a bit on the longer side, so he'll push it all back over the top of his head and put on a cap to keep it in place.

Since the 1N2D photos you posted managed to include an example, I'll tell you where: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=joowon&no=318420&page=1 Just scroll down on this until you hit the second set of GIFs (the one where he's doing his skincare/makeup).

I noticed he did that a lot on 1N2D, and one time, I actually looked closely when he made that gesture: when brushed back like that, his fringe goes almost all the way to the back of his head, so...yeah. Definitely a bit on the longer side - especially in his "Gaksital" and "Nae Il's Cantabile" days. :tongue:  So, for instance, I remember from "Life Log" what his hair looked like when he really didn't do anything with it. And, yeah - if he's not careful, it will end up falling in his eyes a bit.

This is from Joo Won DC Gallery. There are many cute photos of him when he appear in 1N2D. The memories... I hope he does another variety show in the future.

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=joowon&no=318419&page=1

Those are so cute! Especially the whole set of photos that show his reaction when Uhm Tae Woong found him and Yu Hae Jin in the bus stop (none of the hyungs had believed JW when he'd guessed that YHJ would be there, so he was so happy that UTW came around). In hindsight, it's funny, because they wound up having a little bit of a SIM Entertainment reunion over there :tongue: I guess they all already knew each other by the time YHJ started on 1N2D.

So...this bunch here:

Spoiler

viewimage.php?id=27b2df31eadc&no=24b0d76

I definitely would buy this coffee if  they available in my country. Imagining you drink coffee with joo won in front of you.

Speaking of JW and coffee...

Spoiler

By the way, I've actually tried Cantata Coffee before - not the stick version JW and UEE advertised, but the type that's ready-made and sold in cans. It was the cutest, tiniest thing ever - easily able to fit in the palm of my hand - but was a bit sweeter than I would have liked.

• Like 1

Small victory, but I'll take whatever comes:

Dramafever posted a list of 16 Award-Winning K-Dramas from the Past Five Years and BOTH "Good Doctor" and "Yong Pal" made it onto the list.

1. Good Doctor (2013) - several awards including Best Writer, Top Excellence Awards and Best Drama (Korea Drama Awards) (27th KBS Drama Awards) (Korea Broadcasting Awards)

The world loved this medical series so much it was recently remade into an American TV show. Good Doctoris about a skilled young surgeon who has to deal with the harsh and judgmental world around him. His memory and spatial skills are excellent, but his mental and emotional development are several years behind his peers because of his autism/savant syndrome.

7. Yong Pal (2015) - multiple awards including Best Screenplay, Best Drama and Best Couple (8th Korea Drama Awards) (2015 Hallyu Awards) (23rd SBS Drama Awards)

A skilled surgeon is buried in debt due to his ailing sister's medical bills, and his only means of extra income is treating criminals secretly. His world is turned upside down when he gets involved with a special case of a heiress in a coma. You may remember the leading actor Joo Won from his hit series Good Doctor.

How they don't mention the Daesang for "Yong Pal" is beyond me - maybe because Dramafever saw that more as an award for JW's individual performance than the drama as a whole? Oh dear...JW would have some words to say to that, though, wouldn't he? :wink: We all know how much he talks about the Daesang as a group effort, after all.

lol - We're all so desperate, aren't we? :tongue: But, like @moonstrike was saying, we all want some good news, however it comes.

But anyways, great to see both these dramas getting such high commendations :D 

73a19cdaf8b01c2f8dd423dd9fdfb39d.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/17/2014 at 7:18 AM, memmadira said:

Joo Won's role in Baker King is my all-time favorite, because this was the role that turned me into a fan of him. At first I expected him to be an evil, villain assh0le, but he turned out to be a poor and love-worthy guy to me. Even tho Ma Jun seemed to own everything, he indeed was lacking of love. I started expecting to see the loveline between Ma Jun and You Kyung since EP 13, where Majun forced to kiss You Kyung in a bar. I was so excited that the writer made a happy ending for Majun and Youkyung, since it was rarely the case in k-dramas that female lead ended up being with male supporting lead.

My preference of Joo Won's characters
(1) Majun
(2) Shi On
(3) Kang To
(4) Tae Hee
(5) Gil Lo

As for You Jin, it's not fair for me to judge how much I like the role compared to all other characters in my mind, since the drama has not ended yet. I still want to wait till the show ends and I believe that YJ will show more charm in the remaining 6 episodes.

Baker King was the first Joo Won's drama I watched, and it is still my all-time-favourite to these days. The story got me hooked although I didn't know any of the casts at that time. Seeing Majun is like first sight love even though he irritates me a lot too for putting Takgu into trouble.. haha. But along with the storyline, it was Joo Won's greatness in potraying the roles that captivates me. Other casts all did a great job too.

My first impression when watching Joo Won in Baker King was,

"This guy has great acting skill"

"Oh he's a new actor?"

"He has good looks. He is very attractive"

"He has a very well proportioned body. I love his lean & clearly defined shoulders, just like clothes hanger. So beautiful"

"He looks like male characters from shoujo manga"

"I wish to see him in more dramas"

So that's how it all started and now I'm a big fan of Cutie. The more I know him the more I am amazed, not only by his looks and acting, but also his adorable personality.

As for his roles in dramas, I almost love all his characters equally. Majun is a bad guy but he's cool. Taehee is warm and sweet. Kangto is badass but pitiful. Gilro is kind of annoying but adorable too haha. And who won't like the cute innocent Shion? And the classy talented but vulnerable Yoojin is too loveable not to look out for.

I am not so much emotionally invested at his movie roles but SIU's Horyong is the most charismatic Joo Won's role for me. That cold stare and cute lips is heart melting.

Hotae (Catch Me) is the most handsome but I can't fully immerse myself to that kind of character and story. I haven't watch Don't Click though for it's a horror movie. Is it very scary?

However, if I was too choose the role that challenge him the most, it would be Shion and Kangto.

And the one that is closest to my ideal type would be Taehee because he's a very loving guys next door type. Others are either too hot or too difficult to handle if they exist in real world. lol

Condolence for the departure of Taehee's mother, Kim Ja Ok.

I agreee!!! 

(This is a comment from past. So i dont changes anything. But I'm sad that Kim Ja Ok is already passed away. Although I knew this news from long time ago. ) 

And this makes me happy yet sad and proud of him:

It's like Joo won rushed after filming, or maybe even squeezed in a visit to the wake in between takes.

That's what I love about Joo Won. He really values his relationship with his co-stars and even the staff from his projects. He attends weddings, wakes, games, etc. And I guess those make him grounded and make people around him love him more. As evidenced by the recent LiLo (subbed by oir ever awesome JWCIFC subbing team) and the vid above.

In relation to this, I find it thoughtful that even if Joo Won was not able to make it in the Fashion King opening day promo of some sort, that he managed to give a vidcall greeting to his fans as seen here:

• Like 1