Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

First, i want to say that FINALLY JOO WON UPDATE HIS INSTAGRAM AFTER A LONG TIME!!!

Looks like he is in holidays now. Hope he enjoy it and always be happy.

He looks more handsome since the last time i saw his update. We can't see his army hair because he was wearing a cap. He doesn't look like he is doing his mandatory now. He is like a 25 years old man. But you know that he is 31 years old in korean age. 

His friends like his sunbae in musical altar boyz is leaving a comment in this photo. And also lee si eon. If you forget, he was playing in my sassy girl as gyeon woo bestfriend. 

His sunbae said "our maknae is having a holiday, right?" The netizen then said joo won will always be a maknae even though he Is 31 years old now.

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=joowon&no=318242&page=1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

First, i want to say that FINALLY JOO WON UPDATE HIS INSTAGRAM AFTER A LONG TIME!!!

Looks like he is in holidays now. Hope he enjoy it and always be happy

Thanks for the update! :D 

To be honest, I was a bit nervous about checking for updates today, because I woke up to discover the whole grad school admissions scandal going on in Korea right now, and was worried that people would end up pointing fingers at JW. It took me way longer than it should have, but I did eventually realize that the grad school JW was admitted to is a different one from the one that's in trouble now. Still, I suppose this means that I still can't help getting anxious on his behalf, so I'm glad to know that he's okay.

(Not that I ever doubted his ability to get into grad school fairly anyway, but I don't want any sort of scandal attached to him, directly or otherwise :angry:)

Nor does this mean that I don't feel bad for the celebrities who have been implicated by either rumour or official sources right now, as well as their fans. Things like that could happen to any of us, so any relief I'm feeling is temporary/conditional still.

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

He looks more handsome since the last time i saw his update. We can't see his army hair because he was wearing a cap. He doesn't look like he is doing his mandatory now. He is like a 25 years old man. But you know that he is 31 years old in korean age. 

Looks like he's got new glasses, too! Or, at least, these aren't the round "Harry Potter" ones I've gotten used to seeing. They look nice on him :glasses:

And now for today's sharing.

First of all - pics!

Spoiler

I always love this expression from him - that really innocent and trusting look that he often gives his fans

The editing in this photo's pretty good - I like the blue tint that it's got going there.

I think this is an older photo, but it's new for me

A collage someone made featuring several times JW's worn grey

Looking really cool in this shot!

Okay, serious question (i.e. please answer if you can): Which of the drama characters JW has played are your favourites? (You can also include "Clocking Out" and "My Sassy Girl", since this collage predates those.)

Here's hoping JW gets some rest during his break, too.

This shot looks cool, too

Okay, second sharing item for today: fic status update!

No, I don't have a new fic ready - yet. But I am starting to work on it, and with that, I have an announcement: I'm expanding the "Nae Il's Cantabile" sequels I've written so far into a full-blown spin-off. 

What can I say? I keep getting hit by some sort of creative spark/inspiration with that particular storyline, so I want to see just how far I can take it. It'll be like writing my own answer to "Nodame in Paris" (which is the official sequel series to the original Japanese "Nodame Cantabile"). :) 

That's what my next fic will be, too. And here's a quick preview, as I think it'll be some time before the whole thing's ready to be posted.

Spoiler

“What I’m proposing is to start some sort of challenge.” She glances up at me, noting the look of surprise that flashed across my face at her pronouncement. “Not like that, Orabang!” she adds with a laugh. “I don’t mean a contest or a competition or anything like that.”

By this point, she must have found what she was looking for, because she holds up her phone and turns it so that I could see the image on it.

I lean closer to get a better look. “That’s Jung Si Won’s violin. Did you take a picture of it while we were staying with her last week?”

Nae Il nods. “This, Orabang, will be our first theme for the challenge.”

“Mwo?”

“Two weeks,” she adds, holding up the same number of fingers for emphasis. “For the next two weeks, we will both prepare a piece – a solo piece – inspired by this picture. Then, at the end, we will play them for each other.”

I blink in surprise. “Two weeks?” I ask incredulously.

“Is that a problem?”

“Not normally. But you know how busy we will be now!”

Nae Il and I, after all, have just resumed classes at the Mozarteum after the end of the Christmas break, and already, we are scrambling to prepare for Mozart Week: a festival coming up at the end of the month, and the first of the major events that make up Salzburg’s musical calendar.

“We both have our own classes, not to mention our upcoming performance for Mozart Week. That’s all in the next two weeks, Seollebal – don’t forget that.”

Nae Il tilts her head coquettishly, raising an eyebrow for good measure. “So, are you saying you can’t do it?”

“Ani! I’m not saying I can’t do it!” I reply, carefully enunciating out each word to drive it home.

“So you are going to do it, then?”

“Ne, I will do it!”

It’s only then that I realize what I have just said, especially since Nae Il’s expression has now turned into a full grin as her shoulders shake with barely suppressed laughter. I feel the blood rush up to my face as it sinks in that I have fallen for the exact same trick I have used so many times to convince Nae Il to practice when she would rather be doing other things.

Damn, this girl’s good.

For those who are wondering what on earth has happened to my running series of "Gaksital" fics, don't worry. It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to write the next bit (i.e. the events of Episodes 6 and 7 of the drama from Shunji's point of view), but I do know now. So that will be next after this one! :wink: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

To be honest, I was a bit nervous about checking for updates today, because I woke up to discover the whole grad school admissions scandal going on in Korea right now, and was worried that people would end up pointing fingers at JW. It took me way longer than it should have, but I did eventually realize that the grad school JW was admitted to is a different one from the one that's in trouble now. Still, I suppose this means that I still can't help getting anxious on his behalf, so I'm glad to know that he's okay.

Ooo... i know that news. I don't wanna say the name. Actually, i've been saw comments and also story or interview about joo won when he was in university. From there i know that he is a great student. He always do his best and do his work as a student. Though he already had a hectic schedule. He also, as always, helping his sunbae. 

And what makes me proud even more is that he received full scholarship because of his sincere. You know that he had a lot of schedule from shooting or practice his musical. But he remained diligent and often went to lessons. the teachers and lecturers there also admitted it.

There are some videos showing schools, teachers, and lecturers who have taught joo won in university. they say that joo won is a good student, diligent, exemplary, and also helpful. His high school teacher also says that joo won is pretty famous (although joo won says she does not). Not because of his appearance but because of his personality and also his nature. the teacher says that if joo won tells or advises his hoobae, then they will obey.

His sunbae also said that Joo won is responsible in reprimanding the offending or lazy students because they say that Joo won never violated or did anything wrong. it would be strange if someone who had been seen making a mistake advised them. they'll say "please fix your attitude first." or something like that. but they will not be able to say that to Joo Won. therefore they ordered joo won to do that job. I was proud and smiling so big while read it. Because i also never see this interview before.

Not that I ever doubted his ability to get into grad school fairly anyway, but I don't want any sort of scandal attached to him, directly or otherwise :angry:

All his fans is also don't want that to happen. But fortunately, he still doing fine until now. Just believe in him just like me and all his fans do :D.

I always love this expression from him - that really innocent and trusting look that he often gives his fans

Aww... he always give that looks to his fans when he does fanmeet or when he does fansign. I like his expression here. He looks so innocent and naive.

My pics!!!

Back to Gu ma jun days, guys!!! (But he is joo won in this photo, cute joo won)

Okay, i'm done! I can't stand this super massive cute photo with that eyes looking at me.

Joo won sketch. This is art!

Airport fashion with Cha yoo jin's bag. Hahaha

I almost cry when watching this at midnight. I though it was joo won. Imagine him giving surprise to his fans like this! I might be fainted.

Can't see the different.  Still the same, my friend!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

Ooo... i know that news. I don't wanna say the name. Actually, i've been saw comments and also story or interview about joo won when he was in university. From there i know that he is a great student. He always do his best and do his work as a student. Though he already had a hectic schedule. He also, as always, helping his sunbae. 

And what makes me proud even more is that he received full scholarship because of his sincere. You know that he had a lot of schedule from shooting or practice his musical. But he remained diligent and often went to lessons. the teachers and lecturers there also admitted it.

There are some videos showing schools, teachers, and lecturers who have taught joo won in university. they say that joo won is a good student, diligent, exemplary, and also helpful. His high school teacher also says that joo won is pretty famous (although joo won says she does not). Not because of his appearance but because of his personality and also his nature. the teacher says that if joo won tells or advises his hoobae, then they will obey.

His sunbae also said that Joo won is responsible in reprimanding the offending or lazy students because they say that Joo won never violated or did anything wrong. it would be strange if someone who had been seen making a mistake advised them. they'll say "please fix your attitude first." or something like that. but they will not be able to say that to Joo Won. therefore they ordered joo won to do that job. I was proud and smiling so big while read it. Because i also never see this interview before.

All his fans is also don't want that to happen. But fortunately, he still doing fine until now. Just believe in him just like me and all his fans do :D.

I knew about most of this stuff already - an unfair admissions scandal is a bit different, though. The celebrities implicated in the scandal may not have had anything to do with the problem themselves - in the case I know of, it seems like something shady happened between the school and the agency and the celebrity in question had no idea and thought everything was done properly.

That still doesn't change the negative comments or the taint of scandal, though - which is why I was worried for JW for a bit there. Because to the best of my knowledge, JW hasn't done anything wrong - but I'm starting to realize that maybe he doesn't have to in order for things to just go downhill. It could be that someone around him does something wrong and he ends up stained by association - and that just sucks. :( 

Airport fashion with Cha yoo jin's bag. Hahaha

Speaking of Cha Yoo Jin style...someone I follow on Pinterest recently shared a ton of photos from the "Fashion King" press premiere - and, again, if you had told me it was an event for "Nae Il's Cantabile", I would have believed you.

Honestly, it doesn't get more "Cha Yoo Jin at a premiere" than this :wink: 

Spoiler

7beeae7c6dc88268e33fe17273218fdb.jpg

e1446f13e88560de0227e4e32b0c2ec4.jpg

ae75e2cbdd00b9fda8837ba57dfdd6e2.jpg

0d6f95abb4f3e88bb8abe3fb55eaac6d.jpg

But then, of course, JW being JW...this wound up happening, too :tongue: 

(Honestly - I was sitting in a public area going through Pinterest on my phone when I saw this, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not help laughing.)

Spoiler

dfedd656e447f4205975cd57eee90bfe.jpg

Ah, Oppa - what would we do without your dorky side? :tongue: 

Okay, enough of that - Throwback Thursday time!

There's not much of a theme here - just miscellaneous old(ish) pics:

Spoiler

JW in an early music video appearance

"King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" Behind the Scenes

"Ojakgyo Brothers" Behind the Scenes

Looking back to that moment on 1N2D when JW and his hyungs were fooling around with the props truck - it was the episode where Choi Kang Hee guested, and they were all looking for stuff to use in their short film/comedy sketch project

Speaking of 1N2D...I loved this moment, too (when JW was asked to kick off the beginning of Season 2, and he got so excited he started squirming in his seat like a little kid :tongue:)

• Like 1

Just me again today? That's fine :) 

I know that @moonstrike shared a really nice piece of JW fanart the other day. It turns out that that artist is, well, really, really good. I've taken a look at some of her(?) other stuff, and thought I'd share some of my favourites with you all.

Note: Most of these appear to be pencil or coloured pencil sketches, and they come really close to the photographs that inspired them :) 

Spoiler

And I just have to include this last shot, because the artist was lucky enough to actually show JW one of the drawings in person.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

Just me again today? That's fine :) 

Sorry... heheh:D I dozed off. Actually, I plan to visit this forum and write as usual. huh ... actually sometimes I slept without me knowing at night. Maybe because I was very tired.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:18 AM, kittyna said:

That still doesn't change the negative comments or the taint of scandal, though - which is why I was worried for JW for a bit there. Because to the best of my knowledge, JW hasn't done anything wrong - but I'm starting to realize that maybe he doesn't have to in order for things to just go downhill. It could be that someone around him does something wrong and he ends up stained by association - and that just sucks. :( 

Yeah... sometimes people around us is more dangerous than ourselves. We don't know what they doing and we can't control them. They might be doing something good and care about us but there are people that sometimes doing something "not" good and we might getting exposed to the problem without us knowing. 

Honestly, it doesn't get more "Cha Yoo Jin at a premiere" than this :wink: 

Just like Cha Yoo Jin's style. Even the shirt is same. Maybe he want to promote Naeil's cantabile. 

Talking about promote, i remember when joo won got enlisted to military, his fans and all people that know joo won, especially his staff is write something about joo won in their social Media, like instagram and twitter. There are some comment that makes me happy and touched at the same time. All of his staff is wrote something about joo won in their instagram.

There is staff that writed this "The one who do great silently is a good actor, the one who always thinking " am I doing great? ". The one who are very polite and loving that they can not be expressed in words. I will wait for you until you comeback and do a great job again. I'm very proud of you..."

Also, staff wrote that joo won is not like other actor. She said sometimes there is actor that don't want promote his project by going to variety show, radio, and all something like that. That actor might be said "i'm an actor, why i have to do this and that stuff?" But the staff said joo won is different, he will do all his might and do everything to make the project succes, like join a variety show, radio, fansign, and all that and make everyone that include in that project happy. Even though he has hectic schedule, he will always does his best. The staff said she was very surprised. 

When i read this, i was happy and kinda surprised too. Because i don't know that there is actor that don't want to do kinda stuff to promote his own project. Although there are actors who do not like that too. But still, i was surprised. 

JW in an early music video appearance

He was very cool in that MV. I wish that was a drama so i can watch it with full 16 episode. Joo won in tragedy and fantasy drama? You can imagine that will be awesome.

I hope after he finish his military, he will act in MV again. Because this is so cool and i can't handle it.

King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" Behind the Scenes

Imagining majun doing this expression is something. The man that has a stone heart do this pouty lips beside his rival. Hahaha...

Looking back to that moment on 1N2D when JW and his hyungs were fooling around with the props truck - it was the episode where Choi Kang Hee guested, and they were all looking for stuff to use in their short film/comedy sketch project

Actually, joo won will be a beautiful and perfect girl if he was dressed like a woman. I've found this on instagram and this photo makes me laugh very hard. 

Is this a girl? If i show this to someone that doesn't know joo won and ask them is this a girl or a man? They might be say this is a girl and she is very beautiful. I feel like I'm failing to be a woman when I see this picture. she is prettier than me. I fell in love with him.

And also this! He is so beautiful. Just give him a wig, everyone!

Bonus... this is funny. I might be doing this if found a big picture of joo won inside a mall.

9 hours ago, kittyna said:

I know that @moonstrike shared a really nice piece of JW fanart the other day. It turns out that that artist is, well, really, really good. I've taken a look at some of her(?) other stuff, and thought I'd share some of my favourites with you all.

I already saw that and that is very beautiful. And her photo of joo won is very artistic. Its like he is came out from a painting.

9 hours ago, kittyna said:

And I just have to include this last shot, because the artist was lucky enough to actually show JW one of the drawings in person.

The caption said, "Joo won-shi, can i give you the drawing?" "That drawing... Give it to me~" "Here it is" "Heeeehhh~~~ I've saw this on instagram. Gold hand! (He means her hand is like a gold because she can draw very well)"

Joo won-shi.. thank you for saying this ordinary hand is a gold hand. I will do my best! Joo won and everyone, please be happy!" 

Joo won is so cute!!!

Pics!!

I never see this picture, but this is great!

Eye smile!!!

Last two days, Joo won was active on instagram. But now, his holiday is finish and he has to go back to his camp. Joo won is replying to some of his friends post. Like do sang woo, his sunbae from altar boyz, and many more. 

Here is some proove of joo won on instagram... their interaction is very cute.

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=joowon&no=318256&page=1

He is so cute!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Sorry... heheh:D I dozed off. Actually, I plan to visit this forum and write as usual. huh ... actually sometimes I slept without me knowing at night. Maybe because I was very tired.

It's okay - if you're tired, you should rest first. This forum is fun, but it's not worth losing sleep over.

7 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Just like Cha Yoo Jin's style. Even the shirt is same. Maybe he want to promote Naeil's cantabile. 

Well, "Fashion King" was released right in the middle of when "Nae Il's Cantabile" was airing, so...maybe?

Or it might just be that that was JW's main image at the time, so that even if he wasn't doing it on purpose, his look came out that way. I think, for instance, that there's a pretty decent chance that JW's costumes while playing Cha Yoo Jin were sponsored, because according to this site here, it seems like the same few brands show up over and over again: http://www.koreandramafashion.com/category/korean-dramas/nae-ils-cantabile-tomorrow-cantabile/ The blogger only covered the first half of the series, but it's enough for us to see some patterns in the costuming for the show.

8 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Talking about promote, i remember when joo won got enlisted to military, his fans and all people that know joo won, especially his staff is write something about joo won in their social Media, like instagram and twitter. There are some comment that makes me happy and touched at the same time. All of his staff is wrote something about joo won in their instagram.

There is staff that writed this "The one who do great silently is a good actor, the one who always thinking " am I doing great? ". The one who are very polite and loving that they can not be expressed in words. I will wait for you until you comeback and do a great job again. I'm very proud of you..."

Aw...that was so sweet of them! :) 

(Isolating the next one to talk about it specifically)

Also, staff wrote that joo won is not like other actor. She said sometimes there is actor that don't want promote his project by going to variety show, radio, and all something like that. That actor might be said "i'm an actor, why i have to do this and that stuff?" But the staff said joo won is different, he will do all his might and do everything to make the project succes, like join a variety show, radio, fansign, and all that and make everyone that include in that project happy. Even though he has hectic schedule, he will always does his best. The staff said she was very surprised. 

When i read this, i was happy and kinda surprised too. Because i don't know that there is actor that don't want to do kinda stuff to promote his own project. Although there are actors who do not like that too. But still, i was surprised. 

I imagine that the whole round of promotions (variety show appearances, interviews, photo shoots, etc.) can get tiring or maybe even boring, which might be why not everyone likes doing it. And then there are those people who I imagine love it for the publicity. JW's neither.

I think it comes from his strong group mentality. Every project he does, he thinks of it as being something that could benefit a large group of people (e.g. his fellow actors, the staff, his agency, etc.). I'm sure that JW's aware, for instance, that he's one of the biggest actors popularity-wise in his agency, but whatever he does can end up promoting - or staining - the entire company, including his friends, his staff, etc. And I also know he talks about his dramas and films as group projects, where he cares about what happens to the entire team (actors, crew, etc.).

So even if he is tired or bored or frustrated by these sorts of events, JW will be careful not to show it. More importantly, though, I think that if that were the case, he would then work hard inside himself to correct his attitude and not feel that way anymore.

Imagining majun doing this expression is something. The man that has a stone heart do this pouty lips beside his rival. Hahaha...

That is a cute expression. :) Another cute thing in that photo is the fact that JW is holding a tray of the bread rolls that he said he really liked to make :wink: 

And, of course, Lee Young Ah is just adorable :heart:

Actually, joo won will be a beautiful and perfect girl if he was dressed like a woman. I've found this on instagram and this photo makes me laugh very hard. 

Is this a girl? If i show this to someone that doesn't know joo won and ask them is this a girl or a man? They might be say this is a girl and she is very beautiful. I feel like I'm failing to be a woman when I see this picture. she is prettier than me. I fell in love with him.

Maybe it's the style in which his features were drawn, but I would have seen a guy as opposed to a girl in that picture. It's still funny, though.

My favourite "JW looking girly" moment, though, isn't one where he's in costume at all. It's this scene from "Life Log", where he was joking with his stylists about how girls did their makeup. They were laughing and saying that he got it spot-on, especially the contrast between the "pretty" way to put on mascara (bottom left photo here), and the "real" way that girls do it. :D 

Bonus... this is funny. I might be doing this if found a big picture of joo won inside a mall.

If you ever do get to go to Korea, going on a celebrity endorsement scavenger hunt is a lot of fun - just see how many different celebrities and their ads you can photograph, because they are literally everywhere: posters, cardboard cut-outs, faces on packages in the stores, etc.

I didn't find JW when I went, but now I think it was just bad luck on my part, since I didn't come across the stores for companies he was endorsing, either. Then again, I also went right at the time when "Descendants of the Sun" was literally, like, everywhere, so that may have skewed things in Song Joong Ki's favour. That's not a bad thing, because it meant I added a ton of his pics to that collection of mine (it's just on my computer and hasn't been shared out), but I was hoping to come across JW, even if I would have made a total fool of myself with my reaction. :tongue: 

And now for some more pics!

Spoiler

JW for Mountia - the second photo looks fun!

I like this jacket on him :) 

This moment from "Nae Il's Cantabile" was so cute - I really wish that Cha Yoo Jin had laughed a bit more often

And, for comparison, JW's laugh in real life at the same time (this is, again, from the "Fashion King" premiere)

36ad2f92e12f9a285ff6a771036e0ed3.jpg

db36c2fa438680c6f13e68cf8400eb5c.jpg

I've heard that a number of fans don't really like this hat on him - but I do :) 

I'm not entirely sure where/when this picture is from, but it looks cool for a candid shot

JW at the 2014 Hong Kong fan meeting (cameo by Snoopy!!!)

And one last shot because it's just cute

39d8593c006e8243434ff805cce34d0b.jpg

• Like 1

The photo from twitter is so cute! I never seen that photo before. I remember in Liev broadcast he said that he has to put something between his leg when he sleep. Its just like me, i can't sleep if i don't have pillow or bolster between my legs. 

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

think it comes from his strong group mentality. Every project he does, he thinks of it as being something that could benefit a large group of people (e.g. his fellow actors, the staff, his agency, etc.). I'm sure that JW's aware, for instance, that he's one of the biggest actors popularity-wise in his agency, but whatever he does can end up promoting - or staining - the entire company, including his friends, his staff, etc. And I also know he talks about his dramas and films as group projects, where he cares about what happens to the entire team (actors, crew, etc.)

Yeah... in healing camp, we can feel that he cares about his staff and all people that include in that project. He wants to make that project successful so people around him especially the crew and all actor that included in that project happy. When the host asked him why he sometimes feel stress? Joo won said because he has to do well since the production fees is so expensive. The host is very impressed because of his answer. Because most of people will answer "yes, I was stress" without mentioning production fees. 

So even if he is tired or bored or frustrated by these sorts of events, JW will be careful not to show it. More importantly, though, I think that if that were the case, he would then work hard inside himself to correct his attitude and not feel that way anymore.

He's trying to get better, from inside and outside. trying not to change and defend his beliefs. That is why i love and adore him. I'm very thankfull that he always trying his best to get better everytime in every project.

That is a cute expression. :) Another cute thing in that photo is the fact that JW is holding a tray of the bread rolls that he said he really liked to make :wink: 

I remember he said that his bread is kinda delicious especially bread with read bean toppings. I want to try it. Since i know that joo won is a good cook. Even the staff said his bread is delicious and tell him to open a bakery after the drama ended. 

didn't find JW when I went, but now I think it was just bad luck on my part, since I didn't come across the stores for companies he was endorsing, either. Then again, I also went right at the time when "Descendants of the Sun" was literally, like, everywhere, so that may have skewed things in Song Joong Ki's favour. That's not a bad thing, because it meant I added a ton of his pics to that collection of mine (it's just on my computer and hasn't been shared out), but I was hoping to come across JW, even if I would have made a total fool of myself with my reaction. :tongue: 

Actually there is more picture of joo won in korea. Especially when he did CF of apartment finder that shows yong pal. Or when he did CF of binsbeans coffee. I found many picture of joo won in CF on instagram. Maybe you just unlucky or go at the wrong time... :lol:

I like this jacket on him :)

I never seen that photo before! The jacket is suits him. I like it! I wonder when this photo was taken?..

Pics time!!!!

This is cool!

Awww..... he is so cutee... it was 4 years ago. Time fly very fast, isn't it? Just wait a little more and joo won will appear on your TV again.

Joo won fact. His real name is Moon Joon Won not Moon Joo Won.

Someone that sing with all his heart.

This is so funny and cute... i was laughing so hard here. By the way, its midnight here and i laugh with loud noise. 

I never saw this video before. It was so cool.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

The photo from twitter is so cute! I never seen that photo before. I remember in Liev broadcast he said that he has to put something between his leg when he sleep. Its just like me, i can't sleep if i don't have pillow or bolster between my legs. 

Really? I didn't know that about him - nor have I ever observed if I have such a habit myself (probably not, if I can't remark upon it, but who knows?).

28 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Yeah... in healing camp, we can feel that he cares about his staff and all people that include in that project. He wants to make that project successful so people around him especially the crew and all actor that included in that project happy. When the host asked him why he sometimes feel stress? Joo won said because he has to do well since the production fees is so expensive. The host is very impressed because of his answer. Because most of people will answer "yes, I was stress" without mentioning production fees. 

The host was surprised that JW said "production fees" instead of what's called "appearance fees" or "performance fees" (i.e. the amount of money he's paid per episode). So the host actually called him out for it, saying something like, "I thought you were going to say 'performance fees', but you're saying 'production fees'?" And JW then explained what you just said.

JW does mention when he's stressed or pressured, but he makes it clear that it's because there's more at stake than just what happens to he himself - it's like I'd mentioned before how on 1N2D, although he would get nervous about quizzes in general, he's more anxious when it's a team game than when he's on his own.

41 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

I remember he said that his bread is kinda delicious especially bread with read bean toppings. I want to try it. Since i know that joo won is a good cook. Even the staff said his bread is delicious and tell him to open a bakery after the drama ended.

Yeah - and he also said that he ended up enjoying making the bread so much that he was always working on it in the background when they were filming. :tongue: 

42 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Actually there is more picture of joo won in korea. Especially when he did CF of apartment finder that shows yong pal. Or when he did CF of binsbeans coffee. I found many picture of joo won in CF on instagram. Maybe you just unlucky or go at the wrong time... :lol:

Oh, I know it was just (bad?) luck on my part. But that's okay. Part of the fun of doing the scavenger hunt was not knowing what I'd find. :wink: 

43 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Joo won fact. His real name is Moon Joon Won not Moon Joo Won.

"Moon Joo Won" is what's called a portmanteau - taking elements from two different words/terms to make a new one. So I imagine that most fans do know that it's not his real name, but include the "Moon" since he usually promotes without a surname at all. (There was a bit of confusion about the hanja - i.e. Chinese characters - for his name at first, because so many people thought he was using "Joo" as a surname. So even now there are two different hanja versions of his name floating around, although it's mostly settled on 周元)

So he has the official names - Joo Won and Moon Jun Won - but enough English-speaking fans use "Moon Joo Won" that it's become almost official: i.e., he'd never go by that name, but enough people use it that it's immediately recognizable to fans.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Group shot from the 2014 KBS Drama Awards (cameos by Park Bo Gum and Ji Chang Wook, at least - I'm not entirely sure who's in the front, though)

About the caption, I actually think PBG did quite well for himself with the candid shot, too :wink: 

Okay, this story is just way too cute not to include - I'm sharing this for the caption more than for the pic!

I did know that JW and Go Kyung Pyo kept in touch, but not that GKP was part of JW's group of BFFs, although I should probably have guessed :tongue: 

Happy eye smiles in these two pics!

Speaking of eyes, this shot is really interesting. Someone took a picture of JW and split it down the middle, labeling one side "Park Si On" and the other "Yong Pal"

Finally, some really nice photos for Mountia. These were taken in New Zealand, but the mountainous terrain is reminding me of Central Europe (i.e. Austria, Switzerland, etc.) where the Alps are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Really? I didn't know that about him - nor have I ever observed if I have such a habit myself (probably not, if I can't remark upon it, but who knows?).

Have you ever watched V live joo won? if not, watch it now. he is very cute and funny there. there are english subtitle as well. He started his chanel since yongpal days. His first video is showing joo won saying "omo..omo" because he was amazed since its his first time live broadcasting. Its so cuteee....

And by the way, his chanel is one of the most subscribers in v live. Proud of him. He do it in 1 and a half year. I saw that news in 2016... 

Yeah - and he also said that he ended up enjoying making the bread so much that he was always working on it in the background when they were filming. :tongue: 

He likes to make bread and cooking. I saw that in some interview that he said he likes it even though he thinks he is not good. Aww... Wonnaa, i know you can make a good food.

Moon Joo Won" is what's called a portmanteau - taking elements from two different words/terms to make a new one. So I imagine that most fans do know that it's not his real name, but include the "Moon" since he usually promotes without a surname at all. (There was a bit of confusion about the hanja - i.e. Chinese characters - for his name at first, because so many people thought he was using "Joo" as a surname. So even now there are two different hanja versions of his name floating around, although it's mostly settled on 周元)

I found quite many people spelling joo won's full name wrong. Now i know why they write like that. 

About the caption, I actually think PBG did quite well for himself with the candid shot, too :wink:

Okay... i think everyone in that photo is not ready except joo won. He shows his lovely dimples and his bunny teeth. So cute...

did know that JW and Go Kyung Pyo kept in touch, but not that GKP was part of JW's group of BFFs, although I should probably have guessed :tongue: 

I saw some picture of joo won and go kyung pyo on instagram. When they and their friends like shin ju hwan and others in the reunion or hang out party. I think they are close friend. And also go kyung pyo is once mentioned by joo won's friend when joo won invited his friends to join him while doing broadcast.

Happy eye smiles in these two pics!

I like the second one. His eyes is just like a straight line.. hahaha so cute. Dont forget about his bunny appearance. Especially he is wearing grey in that photo.

I found this on youtube. Its about han chae ah said that she feels joo won as a man after their kiss in bridal mask. All people in that segment said that joo won is so cute when he said "noona, don't people close their eyes when they kiss? (With cute or aegyo tone)" 

Started on 46:37

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Have you ever watched V live joo won? if not, watch it now. he is very cute and funny there. there are english subtitle as well. He started his chanel since yongpal days. His first video is showing joo won saying "omo..omo" because he was amazed since its his first time live broadcasting. Its so cuteee....

And by the way, his chanel is one of the most subscribers in v live. Proud of him. He do it in 1 and a half year. I saw that news in 2016... 

I knew he had V live, but I haven't watched it before, since I thought it wasn't subbed. Do you have a link to it, by any chance?

53 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

He likes to make bread and cooking. I saw that in some interview that he said he likes it even though he thinks he is not good. Aww... Wonnaa, i know you can make a good food.

I've seen two main reactions from JW when people compliment his cooking: one is to, like you said, demur and go, "Oh, it's not that good," and the other is to push the credit onto someone else like his Eomma (i.e. his whole, "I'm the youngest son with no sisters, so I helped Eomma" story) or, in the case of 1N2D, Sung Si Kyung :tongue: 

The one time I've seen him actually brag about his cooking skills was in the 2010 Chuseok special for "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu", where he was just like, "MY bread was good!" at the same time that Lee Young Ah blurted out that Yoon Si Yoon's bread wasn't that great.

But otherwise, he doesn't brag about it much. :)

57 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

I found quite many people spelling joo won's full name wrong. Now i know why they write like that.

It probably doesn't help that in both Korean and English, "Jun Won" and "Joo Won" are nearly identical - so probably some people do end up actually confused. Still, so long as everyone knows who's being referred to, it's probably fine.

I have, however, seen some misspellings that I think are just legitimate typos where someone typed the wrong thing by mistake - I've caught a few references to "Joo Woon", for instance :tongue:

And then there's the variation that JW uses himself on social media: "Zu Won". Yes, I know he uses "Joo Won" most of the time, but I couldn't help but notice that particular spelling - I've never seen fans use it, though.

But maybe JW uses a strange spelling online, because his name is actually really common. That leads to a whole other sort of confusion: for example, if I watch enough JW videos on YouTube, I'll occasionally see in my recommendations what, by the title, appears to be a video about JW, but is actually, say, a home video or photo slideshow of a completely different person who's not a celebrity at all. There's one particular video like that that's shown up a few times which features a bunch of baby pictures that looks to have been posted by the kid's parents; I imagine it must be annoying for them, though, as some fans will actually get confused and talk about JW in the comments, when the person in the video is someone entirely different.

Okay... i think everyone in that photo is not ready except joo won. He shows his lovely dimples and his bunny teeth. So cute...

Well, it is a candid photo, so it's not like anyone was expecting to be photographed there - just a lucky coincidence for JW there. I'm just saying that it's not like anyone wound up actually looking bad either. :wink: They all turned out fine, and JW just wound up looking the most photo-shoot-worthy there, is all.

And since I'm here again anyway - here's a second goody for everyone: Story Teaser/Preview Number 2!

This will be it before the final product, though, as anything more beyond this point in my writing will require either 1) a bit more context (since the main focus in this story is going to be about Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il's musical/student life), or 2) spoilers.

Spoiler

Reaching for the bag laying by her feet, she pulls out a folder, which she opens to show me several pages of sheet music. As she closes it back up, I reach out to take it. However, she pulls back at the last moment, holding the music just out of my reach.

“Not so fast, Orabang,” she chimes in a mischievous sing-song voice. “You have to pay for it, you know.”

“I’m not kissing you here, if that’s what you want,” I retort. “I know it’s just the two of us here, but we’re on campus, so that still counts as being in public as far as I’m concerned.”

Now it’s Nae Il’s turn to shake her head. “That’s not what I’m getting at!” Then, giving me a knowing look, she adds, “After today’s rehearsal, I want to go to Fürst.”

Fürst is one of Salzburg’s most famous café chains, most notably due to their claim as the inventor of the Mozartkugeln: chocolate truffles with a pistachio marzipan filling, and one of Nae Il’s favourite treats since coming here. It just so happens that one of its branches is located right in our neighbourhood: across the street from the Mozarteum, we pass it often on our way to and from campus.

“Is this about your chocolate stash?” When Nae Il nods in reply, I can’t stop myself from rolling my eyes. “Again? You’re out already? But I thought we’d refilled your supply not…that…long…ago.” My voice trails off when she shoots me a warning look.

She raises an eyebrow at me. “Remember the rule, Orabang.”

“I know, I know: never get between Nae Il and her chocolate stash. And if Nae Il wants chocolate, I should get it for her, no questions asked.”

“Exactly,” she adds firmly, nodding once for emphasis. “Besides, it’s not too much to ask.” She waves the sheet music she is holding in her hand. “You know I only ask for Fürst when it’s something really special – and I think this counts as something special, don’t you?”

True. Usually, she is content with any chocolate she can get her hands on, even if it’s just something generic from the grocery store. So, I suppose the occasional splurge on Fürst’s famous Mozartkugeln can’t hurt.

With a sigh, I throw up my hands in an exasperated gesture of defeat. “All right, Nae Il-ah. You can get your chocolate; I promise.”

“Komapsumnida,” she replies, finally handing me the manuscript.

As soon as I have it, I turn to go. It is almost time for the rehearsal that I needed this music for, after all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kittyna said:

I knew he had V live, but I haven't watched it before, since I thought it wasn't subbed. Do you have a link to it, by any chance?

This is Joo won V Liev link. 

Here is the link: 

http://www.vlive.tv/video/16366

And this is his first video:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/1063

This is video when he celebrated Christmas and talk about the gift that his fans gave to him.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/4239

P.s: actually, there are more video in joo won's chanel but i want to share this one first.

I've seen two main reactions from JW when people compliment his cooking: one is to, like you said, demur and go, "Oh, it's not that good," and the other is to push the credit onto someone else like his Eomma (i.e. his whole, "I'm the youngest son with no sisters, so I helped Eomma" story) or, in the case of 1N2D, Sung Si Kyung :tongue: 

He is always feel grateful and embarrassed when he receives praise. he will deny it or be silent while bowing his head with shy smile on his face (sometimes he is blushing too). very cute.... 

The one time I've seen him actually brag about his cooking skills was in the 2010 Chuseok special for "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu", where he was just like, "MY bread was good!" at the same time that Lee Young Ah blurted out that Yoon Si Yoon's bread wasn't that great.

Haha... he is joking when he answer that question. I know it. You can tell when you see his face/expression and his tone while he answer. After he said that, all people in the studio is laughing. And Lee Young Ah even adds that yoon shi yoon really cannot make bread. 

I only ever see joo won bragging himself in the baker king just like you mention earlier and during Thailand fanmeet. And he said all that when he was joking. So you know that he did not really mean it. Or when he not realize he doing it while he talk about his past experience. But you know that the story is true and he did not tell that story to bragging about himself. He answer the question because the host is asking him.

When in his press conference fanmeet, the host praise joo won saying that he can sing very well and also act. And joo won said "yes, you're right" with cute aegyo tone. After said that, he laugh. Very cute. but in the actual fanmeet after the press conference, the host again gives Joo Won a compliment by saying that he has a good voice. and at that joo won deny it by saying "no, I'm just trying to sing well". And this is his real answer, everyone.

This is the video.

The press conference:

Speed up the video up to 12:38 minutes

And the fanmeet: he said it at 08:24

And since I'm here again anyway - here's a second goody for everyone: Story Teaser/Preview Number 2!

I'm waiting for the sequel!

And pics!

Still handsome and the same.

Huayibrothers is released photo of joo won!

From his musical days.

The caption and the comments is so funny. I can relate to that. By the way, his body is so proportional. Long legs... ❤❤❤

Waahhh... what are you doing to my eyes!!?? I can't handle this beautiful creatures!

He is the only man in the room. :lol: By the way the hashtag is so funny, #kimjaecheonwenttowashroom.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

This is Joo won V Liev link. 

Here is the link: 

http://www.vlive.tv/video/16366

And this is his first video:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/1063

This is video when he celebrated Christmas and talk about the gift that his fans gave to him.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/4239

P.s: actually, there are more video in joo won's chanel but i want to share this one first.

Thanks for the links :) 

40 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

He is always feel grateful and embarrassed when he receives praise. he will deny it or be silent while bowing his head with shy smile on his face (sometimes he is blushing too). very cute.... 

That shy smile is adorable!

I remember there was one moment on "Healing Camp" that was like that. I don't remember what JW was being complimented for exactly, but he was asked whether he agreed with the statement. So he got really shy and started to try to skirt around it, and the host just cut in like, "Just say 'Yes' already!" And JW was like, "Ne..." :D 

43 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Haha... he is joking when he answer that question. I know it. You can tell when you see his face/expression and his tone while he answer. After he said that, all people in the studio is laughing. And Lee Young Ah even adds that yoon shi yoon really cannot make bread. 

lol - It's okay. I knew he was joking :tongue: JW had quite a strong mischievous/joking streak during his "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" days, and I saw that come out in a lot of different places. That's why there was the whole, "Ma Jun-ie neo..." caption as well - sort of a joking, "Oh, you!" response.

44 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

When in his press conference fanmeet, the host praise joo won saying that he can sing very well and also act. And joo won said "yes, you're right" with cute aegyo tone. After said that, he laugh. Very cute. but in the actual fanmeet after the press conference, the host again gives Joo Won a compliment by saying that he has a good voice. and at that joo won deny it by saying "no, I'm just trying to sing well". And this is his real answer, everyone.

I think JW knows that in a publicity or promotional event like a press conference, the hosts won't take "No" for an answer there. If he'd demurred, they would have just kept nagging at him (nicely, but still nagging) until he agrees to what they're saying - like in the "Healing Camp" example I just gave.

That's just how the press works, and JW is definitely aware of that. He'd even said on "Taxi" that he doesn't mind giving the answers people want to hear (in that case, he was talking about his feelings for the actresses he's worked with), because he knows that's the reporters' job: to be able to come away from a drama press conference with "JW likes so-and-so" for a headline.

What he says in the relative privacy of the actual fan meeting, though, where the press is not as present, is different. And, like you'd said, that's probably when he feels like he can open up a bit more.

49 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

This is the video.

The press conference:

Speed up the video up to 12:38 minutes

Just want to point out the really funny subtitle that happened to show up on the thumbnail: "Thai elephants don't stomp you. They just want to touch you." :tongue: I think I'll have to watch the video just to see how that line wound up happening! lol

51 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

He is the only man in the room. :lol: By the way the hastag is so funny, #kimjaecheonwenttowashroom.

:D Well, someone was frank!

Was someone from JW's staff getting married, or...?

Now it's my turn for pics!

Spoiler

Speaking of shy smiles, I think this shot from "Fashion King" just completely epitomizes that

Piggyback rides in dramas

And then there's the reality :tongue: (This is from the 2017 Hong Kong fan meeting)

The camera angle combined with the all-white suit make him look so slim here!

Cute pouty face

This shot looks really cool

And a collage just to finish up

• Like 1

Okay, no real surprise that it's just me today - I know Soompi was down for a long time with an update, and it's just lucky coincidence that it's back up and running at a time when it's still day where I am (but probably in the middle of the night for a lot of others here).

So, without further ado, here are my goodies for today :) 

Spoiler

I love his expressions here (scene from "Level 7 Civil Servant")

992805ca203ea97fcc4422b8aec66a50.jpg

Nice collage of JW as Kim Tae Hyun in "Yong Pal"

The autograph scene from JW's KBS "Entertainment Weekly" interview for "Fashion King" - This was the first "Entertainment Weekly" video I saw, actually, and I thought it was funny that the celebrities were expected to kiss the panel afterwards. (And yes, I am fully aware what mental image I just gave you guys by saying that :tongue:)

Going back to that really cool (but also kind of weird) scene in the field from "Nae Il's Cantabile"

All bundled up against the cold

Dressing room shot from behind the scenes of "My Sassy Girl"

So many cute laughing pics! :D 

JW and stripes - apparently, this is a thing???

Cute photo from behind the scenes for "Yong Pal"

Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il - Why? Because they're just adorable :wub:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kittyna said:

Okay, no real surprise that it's just me today - I know Soompi was down for a long time with an update, and it's just lucky coincidence that it's back up and running at a time when it's still day where I am (but probably in the middle of the night for a lot of others here).

I was very surprised when I visit this forum last night and see that this forum can not be opened. I guess this will last all night so I decided to sleep first and then open this forum again tomorrow morning. And now, here I am!

On 1/21/2018 at 11:45 PM, kittyna said:

Thanks for the links

There are more videos in his channel.  And all of it is really cute! So, what do you think after watching those video? He is so adorable, isn't he? I always waiting for his notification on my phone. And when THERE IS notification, I will be really shock and happy at the same time. 

He always show his shy smile that i like everytime he does his broadcast. His fans is always asked him to make finger heart or even big heart and that makes joo won cringe after doing it. Joo won always ask "is something good will happen if i do this? (He means the finger heart)" Aww... Wonna, your fans just want to see your cute expression while you doing that.. and also we miss your smile and also your finger heart. 

I remember when his fans asked him when he doing QnA. His fans asked him "what ship do you want?" I think what they means are joo won want to pair with whom. 

That makes our joo won confused because his fans suddenly asked him about ship. And we can tell that joo won doesn't understand about something like that. He is so cute when he asked back "why you suddenly asking me about ship? What kind of ship? Well, I don't know." 

remember there was one moment on "Healing Camp" that was like that. I don't remember what JW was being complimented for exactly, but he was asked whether he agreed with the statement. So he got really shy and started to try to skirt around it, and the host just cut in like, "Just say 'Yes' already!" And JW was like, "Ne..." :D 

Hahaha.... that was so funny. He doesn't know what to do and just following the host's words. He is so cute and lovely when he shy. He will smile shyly and show his deep dimples. And also sometimes he will look to the floor.

lol - It's okay. I knew he was joking :tongue: JW had quite a strong mischievous/joking streak during his "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" days, and I saw that come out in a lot of different places. That's why there was the whole, "Ma Jun-ie neo..." caption as well - sort of a joking, "Oh, you!" response.

I remember when joo won in happy together back in 2010. In baker king days. The host, Yoo jae seok, asked him the most memorable scene in baker king. And joo won answer when he swore towards kim takgu. The host then asked him to re-enact the scene with the other host (forgot the name). And he do it just like in the drama. With realistic and loud tone. That makes all people in the studio laugh. Because the host stand up and said "i have kids!!!". 

All bundled up against the cold

He is like a manekin. A handsome manekin. Or more like a doll. A big baby doll with scarf and thick jacket. The Doll that you hang or put beside the Christmas tree. Hahaha...

JW and stripes - apparently, this is a thing???

hmm... i think joo won likes clothes with stripe patterns. I often see him with that kind of clothes. In 1N2D, i realize, sometimes he wear a stripes socks.

Pics!!!

We can see his change from boyish and cute lil boy to mature and charming man. And all of it is also handsome! (By the way, now, we can feel joo won's manly side especially when he wears his army uniform.)

Who is this cute little thing?

More handsome every year.

• Like 1

Hello! gain!!

Here to update my fanfic. This is chapter 2.

Spoiler

Lily's Perspective :

“My Lady? My lady?” A manly yet calming voice awakened me. I slowly opened my eyes to see the owner of this mysterious voice.What happened?

Beautiful dark eyes,smooth skin and small lips. He is like a prince from comic that I read when I was young. He is wearing traditional clothes. They are not striking like what rich noblemen wore in dramas that I have seen. They are plain dark brown. Cotton clothes.Yet,there is no sign of sloppiness.He is not a simple commoner. Why will he wear hanbok in the middle of the day?

“So what role are you acting,Second lead?” I asked him curiously.

I think I must be drunk and landed in Historical drama set.I believe.

“You know how to speak Joseon language?”He asked back in wonder.

Erm. What with this noble-looking idiot?

“Never seen you in dramas before. Second lead?New actor? Who is the main lead?”

I stood up and looked around to test my luck if I will ever see some famous actors in set.None.In fact,there is no cameras also.

As I stood up,he stared at me with amazement and turned his back to me.

“My lady! How shameless...Where is your dress?!” He shouted.

“What with you to shout at me? Here is my pants! You want me to look like idiot with dress and pants? “ I pull up my skinny pants to show him which made him blush.

“Really… If you are not answering my question...I should leave. Where is Hyun?”

I looked around again.Nothing but rocks.We are in a cave.A large cave.

I walked around the cave to find other people.No one.Just him.With that weirdo?

Suddenly,he started undressing in front of me.Oh lord,am I with pervert? What will he do? I screamed my lungs out,asking for help,only to hear my echoes in this cave.He responded me by throwing his outermost layer of clothes at me.

“Wear this.And Bun up your hair.At least,they will think you are a young boy...My Lady. I assume you are from Russia or somewhere away from Joseon. Be it merchant or not,we have our strict laws and if you are to go out like that and arrest you,I can’t help then.”

“For god sake,I am Korean! I am Lily! Post graduate student! This is PANTS! Everyone wear it! Why are you irritating me?”

“My lady..I can’t understand what you are talking.Past..Post..what?”

There is no way to talk to that sageuk crazy actor.I wore his clothes and took out my cellphone in hurry; I unplugged my earpiece instead.

My Heart will goes on and on…

That man stared at the cell phone like the most strangest in the world. I stopped the music before he judge me further. Instead,he rushed out of the cave.Into the woods.

“Hey! Wait! I told you to wait!”

I quickly followed behind him and pulled his hand.He finched in pain and stopped right away.

“Were you injured? That’s why you were in cave resting?”

He nodded.

“I don’t know what happened with myself either. Bring me out.”

“Where?”

“anywhere there are humans.”

~~~

I gasped upon seeing the people. Oh.My.God. They all are wearing old traditional clothes.Hanboks. I was so shocked. Where am I? What am I? Did I time travel? How?So this guy...is not from drama set? Not an actor? Wait..what…

As many thought come across my mind, chaos happened in the market.Some guards appeared suddenly and searching for someone.As roughly as they can.A fear instilled me as I was surrounded by some unnatural events,to add on,the man search. I closed my eyes and went closer to the noble-looking idiot and hugged him tightly from behind.

He has such a warm back. So warm.So comforting. Despite having no perfume in the past,his body emitted sweet yet calming fragrance. I never wanted to let him go.  

“My lady? My lady? Let me go..they will suspect more if you hide like this.” he whispered

I heard nothing.

~~~

“Hey You with a girl behind! Who are you hiding?” The guards approached us.

So scary. I just continue to hide behind him.

He didn’t answered back.Instead,he covered me with his hand,helping me to avoid them.Upset by no answer and somehow act of defiance(as they believed),the guards pull me away from him.

“It is the Young Miss!”

Young Miss? who me? Now What is this?

And Chapter 3!

Spoiler

Lily's Prespective:

“He must be the one who kidnapped her!” One guard screamed and they all started attacking him.

Before I could say anything,they are already fighting with him. The sageuk-crazy actor is quite a good fighter as he moved swiftly and avoid the guard attacks.It was like I am watching action movie. 1 Vs 10. While the other 2 guards held me tight. Wow,this really awesome like sageuk dramas.

“Oppa! Hwaiting!” I screamed and rooted for him. Alas,he was injured beforehand,the moment they hit his hand,he almost fall in pain.With More guards joining in,he lost the fight instead.What a pity.

Worried that they will harm him any further,I shouted and explained all.

“Everyone?Everyone? Look! I don’t know what is happening and I am so confused now. But this noble-idiot,I mean this nobleman,wait are you ...nobleman? Okay,whatever.This man didn’t kidnap me. Neither I am your Miss. I am Lily...Post grad…”

“Bring her to the lord! I heard she is an odd person” The guard cut off my speech while the noble-looking idiot gave me the agitated face.

~~~

Filled with guilt,I occasionally glanced at him while they dragged both of us to large traditional house. Woah...It is so beautiful. I wonder which Joseon period I was in.

My daughter...You are back! Thank you.Thank god.”

A lady in mid-40s hugged me upon seeing me. Another sageuk mother?Tired with all the nonsense event,I just zoomed out,letting her talk and do what she wants.I am still so confused as ever.

I looked at the man.The guard forcefully made the man kneel while he didn’t obligate.He stubbornly stood,which made guards more angry than ever. As one of the guards was about to hit him,an older man in noble clothing came out.He was indeed the real nobleman with silky hanbok and black larger gat.He spoke no words and slapped the guard instead.

“I am sorry for impoliteness,The King’s son.” He greeted the noble-looking idiot,which I gasped and looked at him in shock. King’s son,so prince? How come prince look like half-commoner,half-noble?

The rest of the guards only then bowed him in respect.So he is a hide-out? Touring the town?

“A King’s son doesn’t mean he is noble. When no one recognises him.”

Three young men came out from the house which I supposed the princes judging from their sophisticated clothing. Of 3 of them,the middle one has the most composed aura with the best hanbok I have ever seen in my life.

Everyone knelt down and bowed to them,except him and me. Eventually,he also knelt down and bowed at them.

“Sit Down!” My supposed mother pulled me,eventually,I am on the floor kneeling. Sigh. What a life.

“Yeong,didn’t the punishment make you a better person?”

“How better can he get when he is a son of criminal?” Two of them made fun of him while the man in the middle said nothing.

I am not sure,but I feel so sad and angry for him. I waited for him to reciprocate at them while he didn’t.He just kept his head down.

“Stop you all..Hyungnim,could you tell me everything?” The man in middle asked him semi-politely.

vase.jpg

“Crowned Prince,I did nothing wrong. I saw this girl fainted in the cave. So I saved her. I didn’t kidnap her.After all,I was with you all since the morning.”

So that guy is crowned prince. Will he be king? Which era am I now? Should I ask?

I wondered as I listened to their conversation.The crowned prince nodded and told my supposed father,the one who slapped the guard,that I was not kidnapped by the King's son. What a day. Just one day in Joseon  and I am tangled in the mess already.Luckily it was untied quickly. Crowned prince asked the King's son to leave,as such he stood up and left the house. Without even looking back.I kept starring at him until he was out of my sight.

~~~

“So the case is solved right? Can I...stand up now?” I asked innocently but they glared at me like wanted to burn me alive. Oops….I think I caused the trouble again.

3kcM43GdZSXS5qgs5_n0sxXKNDAusuaa0iUnBMUt

“So you are Jo Boon Yi?” THe crowned prince asked me.

“No. Lily. What is your name Crowned Prince?” I asked politely.

Everyone glared at me again. Crowned Prince was shocked but later,he laughed it off.

“Oh,Minister Jo. You sure have a strange girl as your daughter. Haha! Let’s go Princes. We need to back to palace.” He said and left “my” house.

So this is how everything started. My life in Joseon.

cb3Cfx8g6pKQPnfn1GB4-T1IWdf7flYtIiwLfiCQ

Swc3V8Y6HMiNGCkkz_PrC_TaxdV39FIPubDKsnc6

Why crappy photoshopped photos? well, when I wrote this, there is no such thing as "My Sassy Girl". So yes. Written by then-teenager Ma_Oo. 

I've posted chapter 1 but clueless about page number.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moonstrike said:

There are more videos in his channel.  And all of it is really cute! So, what do you think after watching those video? He is so adorable, isn't he?

Okay, confession time: I haven't actually had a chance to sit down and watch the videos yet. I've been occupied either by real-life offline stuff or story-writing :wink: But I will...eventually. :tongue: 

He always show his shy smile that i like everytime he does his broadcast. His fans is always asked him to make finger heart or even big heart and that makes joo won cringe after doing it. Joo won always ask "is something good will happen if i do this? (He means the finger heart)" Aww... Wonna, your fans just want to see your cute expression while you doing that.. and also we miss your smile and also your finger heart. 

It's always funny seeing his reaction when he's asked to do aegyo - like the hearts, or, in his last "Entertainment Weekly" interview, saying "Noona" in a cutesy voice. Personally, I prefer the spontaneous, natural aegyo from him anyway, but seeing him comply with fans' and interviewers' requests while being so shy about it is also cute.

I remember when his fans asked him when he doing QnA. His fans asked him "what ship do you want?" I think what they means are joo won want to pair with whom. 

That makes our joo won confused because his fans suddenly asked him about ship. And we can tell that joo won doesn't understand about something like that. He is so cute when he asked back "why you suddenly asking me about ship? What kind of ship? Well, I don't know." 

lol - That's funny! And also cute :)

But I do wonder...what did they expect from him for an answer anyway? I know that JW sometimes has some say in his co-stars (i.e. he can request a certain actress, but there's no guarantee that she'd sign on), but I don't know if he actually thinks about his female leads beyond that point.

Nor, from what I've seen, has JW had all that much luck with that.

So, for instance, from what I've heard, he asked specifically for Choi Kang Hee in "Level 7 Civil Servant" (and then got really upset when he found out netizens didn't like her as his co-lead), and Shim Eun Kyung in "Nae Il's Cantabile" (which turned into yet another controversy because she was offered Nae Il, turned it down, then accepted it later on). And let's not forget the whole insanity behind the casting for "My Sassy Girl".

None of these messes were his fault - and I do think everything worked out well in the end all three times - but it seems like JW...yeah, I think he's just a bit unlucky in the co-star/drama loveline department :tongue:

I remember when joo won in happy together back in 2010. In baker king days. The host, Yoo jae seok, asked him the most memorable scene in baker king. And joo won answer when he swore towards kim takgu. The host then asked him to re-enact the scene with the other host (forgot the name). And he do it just like in the drama. With realistic and loud tone. That makes all people in the studio laugh. Because the host stand up and said "i have kids!!!". 

That part's even funnier when you notice that Yoo Jae Seok had started laughing before JW actually followed through with his line. I imagine that YJS was thinking that JW would end up getting shy and they'd have a funny NG - like the previous scene re-enactment with the other actor - but then JW actually just yelled out this...rather offensive line (it's put as "jerk" in the English subs, but I'm pretty sure I heard something like "g[...] saekki", which I thought might be "gae saekki", which is way worse than just "jerk"), and they all thought it was ten times funnier. And then the other host got mad and tried to hit JW and everyone moved to shield him.

As a viewer, though, I can tell that it was all just for fun and no-one was actually offended.

But yeah, it did surprise me just how into it JW got there - especially when they later replayed the original scene from the drama (when JW was talking about how Yoon Si Yoon accidentally gave him a bruise when they filmed it), and JW's delivery was identical in both instances.

He is like a manekin. A handsome manekin. Or more like a doll. A big baby doll with scarf and thick jacket. The Doll that you hang or put beside the Christmas tree. Hahaha...

It's funny, because first of all, he's got this cute "Christmas-y" red scarf, and then his coat's so big and thick that his arms just end up sticking out and it looks like he can't really move - like what little kids look like in the winter here in Canada (because their moms make them wear so much clothing to keep warm) :tongue: 

Before I get to the pics...

@Ma OO Thanks for the fic updates! 

2 hours ago, Ma OO said:

I've posted chapter 1 but clueless about page number.

By the way, one thing you can try doing if you want to keep track of where things are is to find a spot on your profile page where you post links to each story/chapter as you add them. That's what I do in case people want to go back and see my earlier fics, and maybe that would be of help to you as well.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

JW the photographer

Selca time

So many colourful jackets!

"Gaksital" Behind the Scenes

"Level 7 Civil Servant" Behind the Scenes - Manner legs!

This shot turned out really nice

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ma OO said:

Hello! gain!!

Here to update my fanfic. This is chapter 2.

Wow..! Thank you for the updates. I'm waiting for the next chapter. Seems like this story will be amazing. Like some time-traveller drama. i like that kind of drama. And I'm thankful that i can imagine joo won play that role even though just in my head.

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

Okay, confession time: I haven't actually had a chance to sit down and watch the videos yet. I've been occupied either by real-life offline stuff or story-writing :wink: But I will...eventually. :tongue: 

That's okay, you can tell me when you already watch it. I will send more link! More fun and cute than this. :D

It's always funny seeing his reaction when he's asked to do aegyo - like the hearts, or, in his last "Entertainment Weekly" interview, saying "Noona" in a cutesy voice. Personally, I prefer the spontaneous, natural aegyo from him anyway, but seeing him comply with fans' and interviewers' requests while being so shy about it is also cute.

Yeah.. actually i like his spontaneous aegyo. Especially when he talk with aegyo without even knowing it. Or when he hug his hyung on the back and put his chin on hyung shoulder. Its just too cute. But, i think the cutest momment when he asked to do aegyo is after he do that. He will cringe so hard or sometimes said "Looks like I'm a mature man now, seeing that I am cringing after doing this."

Ooh, i remember in his last "entertainment weekly", the host asked him to do aegyo and said noona-ya. Without even protesting, he does it quickly and says that he did that quick because he is so embarrassed.

(Hmm.... i smell something suspicious about this noona-ya. Since she doesn't even asked him about his GF. So, maybe they want some footage about that. Even though in different form. I read the comment section, everyone is saying that golf is referring to his GF. Joo won said that he is person that really into something if he interested in it. But, who knows!) 

lol - That's funny! And also cute :)

But I do wonder...what did they expect from him for an answer anyway? I know that JW sometimes has some say in his co-stars (i.e. he can request a certain actress, but there's no guarantee that she'd sign on), but I don't know if he actually thinks about his female leads beyond that point.

Its indeed really cute. I think joo won is thinking about ship that we use to sail. So he looks confused as his fans suddenly asking about ship. 

I don't know either. Maybe they expect some scandalous answer/actress name will come out. Because we know joo won was paired with some actress like UEE, Jin Se yeon, moon chae won, and even kim tae hee. Some of them is shipping Joo won with those actress so hard. So maybe they want to know joo won want to be paired with whom. But since, our joo won wasn't understand what they mean, we can't get any answer from him.

As a viewer, though, I can tell that it was all just for fun and no-one was actually offended.

Yeah... i was laughing so loud when i watched that episode. Especially when joo won said that the most memorable scene is when he cursed tak gu. The host face is so funny, because he knew that he has to re-enact that scene.

It's funny, because first of all, he's got this cute "Christmas-y" red scarf, and then his coat's so big and thick that his arms just end up sticking out and it looks like he can't really move - like what little kids look like in the winter here in Canada (because their moms make them wear so much clothing to keep warm) :tongue:

Just like what i imagine in my head. He just like a kid that i always saw running with thick jacket and flying scarf. Also his hair style makes him looks like a kid even more. The jacket arms just to big causing him looks like he is sinking in the jacket.

And his face tho.. he seems enjoying it so much. Joo won is really likes warm, isn't he? Hahaha... i realize, he always wear this jacket when he filming Love express, right?

JW the photographer

He looks like a professional. But the upper right photo is so funny. What kind of style is that? LOL

My pics!!

That is a lot of hair. I wonder, is that a wig or his real hair... but he still looks cute. Especially with that expression.

This is so funny, Joo won end up saying it out loud and makes sung shi kyung know the answer. He might be win if he whisper the answer. 

By the way, he looks good and handsome when he is in focus mode.

This is so true and relatable.

http://koreandramasfighting-blog.tumblr.com/post/75445843053/is-it-weird-to-be-attracted-to-someones-forehead

Hiks.. hiks...

Aww...  look at that smile. Hahaha.. adorable!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Yeah.. actually i like his spontaneous aegyo. Especially when he talk with aegyo without even knowing it. Or when he hug his hyung on the back and put his chin on hyung shoulder. Its just too cute. But, i think the cutest momment when he asked to do aegyo is after he do that. He will cringe so hard or sometimes said "Looks like I'm a mature man now, seeing that I am cringing after doing this."

My favourite is how his first reaction when asked to do aegyo is, "But I'm not good at that....", oftentimes without even realizing that he'd just said that in his aegyo voice to begin with :tongue: 

Speaking of the whole "mature man" thing, there was one moment on 1N2D like that. It was the time he was helping Sung Si Kyung make dinner, and he went off by himself to wash the rice. JW was telling the VJ about how he'd heard that washing your face with rice water is good for the skin, and then he stops himself and goes, "Wait, I shouldn't say that; I should be more manly." Then, a few seconds later, he adds, "You should have been filming when I caught that bug earlier". Finally, as he walks back to the hyungs, the camera catches him saying to himself, "I'm a man." I don't know - just that entire sequence from beginning to end was so funny! :D 

(I remember that the Dramabeans team thought JW was lying about the bug - but I've seen him do it on "Life Log", so I think he's actually okay with bugs. Or maybe he's the sort of person who has to kill any bugs he sees or he'll be too scared to do anything :tongue:)

16 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Ooh, i remember in his last "entertainment weekly", the host asked him to do aegyo and said noona-ya. Without even protesting, he does it quickly and says that he did that quick because he is so embarrassed.

(Hmm.... i smell something suspicious about this noona-ya. Since she doesn't even asked him about his GF. So, maybe they want some footage about that. Even though in different form. I read the comment section, everyone is saying that golf is referring to his GF. Joo won said that he is person that really into something if he interested in it. But, who knows!) 

lol - I think a lot of JW fans figured out the show's ulterior motives ages ago, and my guess is that JW knew as well :tongue: 

It's not like they were ever subtle about it. I mean, the interviewer asked him to say, "Oppa-ya" first, JW then - rather hilariously - was like, "I can't say 'Oppa' - I'm a guy!", so she then said, "Well, then, say 'Noona-ya' instead." Yeah, like no-one could have guessed that that was what she was going for the entire time :wink: 

I knew of the theory surrounding golf as well, but it's all guesswork on the fans' part - there's no way we'll know for sure, nor does it matter now in the grand scheme of things.

22 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

I don't know either. Maybe they expect some scandalous answer/actress name will come out. Because we know joo won was paired with some actress like UEE, Jin Se yeon, moon chae won, and even kim tae hee. Some of them is shipping Joo won with those actress so hard. So maybe they want to know joo won want to be paired with whom. But since, our joo won wasn't understand what they mean, we can't get any answer from him.

Wait...people actually shipped him with Moon Chae Won and Kim Tae Hee? Geez - does no-one care about a girl's wishes once shipping is involved? :expressionless: MCW said right off the bat that it won't happen because of her same-clan relationship with JW, and KTH was already in a long-term relationship with Rain at the time. You'd think people would pay attention to stuff like that!

Sorry for getting so heated, but honestly, fans need to respect celebrities as people, and trying to ship actors together when they've said outright that it's not going to happen is just mean and dehumanizing. I don't care if they look cute together; if they said "No," then it's "No"!

33 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Yeah... i was laughing so loud when i watched that episode. Especially when joo won said that the most memorable scene is when he cursed tak gu. The host face is so funny, because he knew that he has to re-enact that scene.

Sometimes, I do wonder if that was actually the scene JW thought was the most memorable, or if he said it simply because it would be really funny to re-enact. I guess we'll never know.

34 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

Just like what i imagine in my head. He just like a kid that i always saw running with thick jacket and flying scarf. Also his hair style makes him looks like a kid even more. The jacket arms just to big causing him looks like he is sinking in the jacket.

And his face tho.. he seems enjoying it so much. Joo won is really likes warm, isn't he? Hahaha... i realize, he always wear this jacket when he filming Love express, right?

He did wear a huge jacket like this while filming "Love Express", too, although I think it was a different one...?

37 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

This is so funny, Joo won end up saying it out loud and makes sung shi kyung know the answer. He might be win if he whisper the answer. 

Oh, yeah - I remember that bit :D 

Although I think the giant bucket of ice cream he drew would have screwed him over anyway :tongue: That must be tough: eating ice cream in the freezing cold.

38 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

It is funny to put it that way - but, in that blogger's defence, JW does have a nice forehead..... :flushed: I think he's one of the few Korean actors who I like seeing both with and without a fringe.

Okay, so I already shared pics once today, so I won't do that again. Instead, another quick snippet from the fic I'm working on - which makes this a record for having THREE previews!

(It feels like I'm releasing drama teasers, actually - it's quite fun trying to pick out bits that won't give away too much)

Spoiler

It turns out that the professor wants to speak to me about some of my more recent activities, in particular the upcoming concert.

“Will you be there, Professor?” I ask once I have given him my full update.

He shakes his head. “I wish I could, but I am, once again, fully booked.” Professor Stresemann gives me a slight pout – an odd expression in a man his age, but one I have become accustomed to. “You do not know how they treat me here,” he says, referencing his management staff. “Especially Elise – she forgets that I, Franz von Stresemann, am an artiste. I need to have the freedom to go where my heart takes me; I can’t be confined to just one place like this!”

“And what did you think I was doing for the thirteen years before I came here?” I quip in response. “Besides,” I continue, throwing in my most disarming smile for good measure, “you signed her on as your manager precisely so she could handle all the logistics for you.”

Because we both know just how much of a mess the professor would make of his own affairs if left on his own.

“You brat; I thought you were on my side.” The words are chiding, but there is a certain warmth and fondness in Professor Stresemann’s tone that does not escape my notice.

We continue with such easy banter for a few more minutes before, to my astonishment, the professor brings up Nae Il’s musical challenge.

Immediately, my eyes narrow in suspicion. “Who told you about this?” I ask. “Was it Nae Il?”

“In a way. Baby told your friends in Seoul, then Lee Yoon Hoo told me.”

Against my better judgment, I let out a few rather choice words about Yoon Hoo then. Although I murmur an apology when the professor gives me a hard look, I can’t say I fully regret what I’d said.

Lee Yoon Hoo and I no longer bicker as much as we used to, and some might even say that we are friends. But why can’t he just learn to mind his own business?

The final story should be finished soon - I'm on the last few scenes now!

• Like 1