Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

mrdimples said: coolreborn said: ctfrsgp said:

Wow, if not for Joo Won coming to Singapore, I can always go Thailand. It's great for a short break.

Girls, if you can, go for both fanmeets. Bangkok is a great place for shopping and eating. So is Singapore. The main difference is that you will hear the translation in Thai if you go to the fanmeet in Bangkok whereas in Singapore, it will definitely be English.

You have 3 months to save for Thai Fanmeet and 4 months to save for Singapore. Cut down to 1 meal a day and slim down for a greater good =))

farbarri said: mrdimples said: coolreborn said: ctfrsgp said:

Wow, if not for Joo Won coming to Singapore, I can always go Thailand. It's great for a short break.

Girls, if you can, go for both fanmeets. Bangkok is a great place for shopping and eating. So is Singapore. The main difference is that you will hear the translation in Thai if you go to the fanmeet in Bangkok whereas in Singapore, it will definitely be English.

You have 3 months to save for Thai Fanmeet and 4 months to save for Singapore. Cut down to 1 meal a day and slim down for a greater good =))

coolreborn said: mrdimples said: coolreborn said: ctfrsgp said:

@mrdimples it s not restricted handshake but you can only shake his hand only and cant stay too long on stage it ll be like mounti fan sign only sign and shake hand and cant tk pic as many are waiting behind 
all i  can say if you want to say something to cutie do it fast as the guards will pull you away and ask cutie not to spent too long on a fan
and at fm i need to tell you even with vip tickets you wont sit near the stage but at the middle as the front are all for korea fans and organisers
so i thinking we spend so much money on it and spend one night queue for tickets  only get
afew secs of handshakeand sit at the middle and some tm korea fans will stand up and block the view so most of the time have to see the monitor
and you know why 50 vip for local because another 50 were for korean fans
so i was like so vvv angryi mean that organizers are really bad as korea fans can get to see him more and yet even at foreign countries the korean fans have more privileges than the local
this s wat i experienced in jks fm
i hope cutie fm ll be better
as that tm i buy vip because it s my first tm gg fm
but the experience s not tt gd
but if there s vip tickets unsold then i ll buy but i think it s quite hard ba i think within one hour it will be all sold outif i can get normal ticket i ll be vvvvvv happy alreadyas for me even vip i also need to see monitor screen as all korea fans ll stand up and i m vvv shortmaybe for you all are tall so stand  up still can see the stagebut i stood up i still cant see 
so i ll rather sit behind higher and not scared get block

And the funny thing is i was in fm but i missed quite alot of parts in fm because the fans in front stand up and block the viewso i need to go youtube and find jks fm vids and seeand youtube vids are like clearer than fm liveand at all angles you can see
so i was like thinking why i buy the vip tickets when i cant see properly
so i rly hope cutie fm ll be different at least gv more privileges to non korea fans

Interview - Joo Won, whose honesty started “Joo Won’s Era of Success”

Perfectly assimilating into the savant syndrome role in <Good Doctor>, Joo Won seals leading man status

Part 1

“Joo Won’s acting is like a rigid piece of solid, an unnatural extreme. Not only does he lack acting skills, but also displays his character’s expressions and actions with exaggeration.” This was part of a reporter’s critique of Joo Won who transitioned from musicals to his debut drama <Baker King Kim Tak Gu>. Thereafter, 3 years passed. “A savant syndrome sufferer role that moved audiences with sincere acting and opened doors to Joo Won’s era. His acting now is progressing to be at a level that cannot be determined anymore. “ This is what reporters had to say about lead Joo Won’s acting in a special report for the recently concluded <Good Doctor>.    

Joo Won used 3 years to turn criticisms towards his acting into compliments, revolutionizing his era and starting a trend. How did he use 3 years to transform magnificently from a debut actor to one who has sealed leading man status? 

Joo Won: “I know there’s debate over my acting, as well as the many areas I’m lacking in. I will work hard little by little, becoming a better actor. “ SIM Entertainment’s CEO Shim Jung Woon says, “I will let the company’s artists, especially the newcomers, participate in many weekend/daily dramas helmed by hardcore actors. They will work for 6 months to a year, learning about acting and cultivating an actor’s attitude/mentality.” Through their testimonies, one is able to find the basis of Joo Won’s success.

Instead of concentrating on his popularity, the company’s strategy of letting him learn the chops has made Joo Won into a trend, propelling him into stardom.  In addition, his excellent taste in selecting projects that link image, popularity and competiveness closely is one of the reasons that have firmed his star actor position.  

Joo Won has revealed his unique road to becoming a celebrity. He left the group Frees after making their debut in 2006, subsequently participating in musicals <Altar Boyz>, <Grease>, <Singles>, <Spring Awakening>, making his formal appearance as a musical actor. His biggest motivations as actor– honesty and hard work, was already apparent from his musical days. He says, “The project that I was acknowledged as musical actor was <Spring Awakening>, then because of an unexpected emergency I helped the lead actor as understudy. It was an unplanned start; I just wanted to do this performance together. Even if there was no show I would arrive early at the venue daily to mop floors and practice by reading the scripts twice.” Just like that, opportunity descended upon a secretly prepared Joo Won.  The actor who was lead suffered an injury, thus leading Joo Won to take the stage and achieve success for the musical.

Part 2

The honesty displayed during his time as musical actor shifted thereafter to TV screens. Television actor Joo Won’s debut was the critically acclaimed 2010 <Baker King Kim Tak Gu> that garnered high ratings. He made his appearance as hostile antagonist alongside the show’s hero, leaving a strong presence with audiences. However, as it was his first tv foray, Joo Won’s stiff acting did not fluidly synergize with the camera’s movements. There were rebukes and criticisms, yet he worked hard on solving those problems silently on his own. 

The project that helped Joo Won progress in leaps and bounds is KBS <Ojakgyo Brothers> that scored highest ratings for its time slot in its entire run of more than 6 months.  In the long running weekend drama, Joo Won not only honed his acting skills but also his attitude as actor.  This was a valuable strategy by SIM Entertainment.  “When <BKKTG> ended, Joo Won had many opportunities that could have increased his popularity. But my thinking is different, rather than be popular he has to learn acting, thus I involved him in a weekend drama that had an established/veteran cast. After Joo Won watched <OB>, he admitted that this drama had brought about much progress for him,” says Shim Jung Woon. This method had indeed become Joo Won’s motivation for success.   

His excellent foresight of selecting projects that showcase his brilliant skills (<Bridal Mask>, <Level 7 Civil Servant> and <GD>) has also rewarded him with successful ratings.  This is especially so for the recently concluded <GD>.

Besides having won “Best Newcomer’ and “Excellence Award for Drama’ Joo Won has also gained recognition from industry experts and the masses. Each and every time during award ceremonies he never fails to reiterate his motto of wanting to be a humane actor in his speeches.  <GD> finished its run recently and amidst countless of compliments from viewers, Joo Won left a Twitter message through the social platform on the 10th: “This feeling.  This feeling from morning 10am to 10pm tonight. Yes it is this feeling!” Joo Won is presently rehearsing for the musical <GHOST>, which starts on 24/11/13.  One successful project down, another one being prepared for with genuine gusto. This is how he grows continuously.

Another reason attributed for his immense popularity with the young and old is Joo Won’s friendliness and warm appearance shown in variety shows like <2D1N>. “When I see Joo Won in <2D1N> my mood turns better for no apparent reason.” Many viewers share the same sentiments. If he were to continue possessing a genuine and humble attitude and setting it as basis for hard work, Joo Won would surely be on par with other top celebrities, becoming a star with a longer ‘shelf life’ and being able to stay by the fans’ side.

----------------END---------------

Original source: etoday from Baidu

Chinese translation: Joo演员 from Baidu

English translation: daydreamsindecember  

Movies, dramas and entertainment shows, 87's are taking over

87line_zpse16c3d2d.jpg

It is the high peak of the 87's.

The common thing about male stars who are taking over movies, dramas and entertainment shows is that they were born in the year 1987. Lee Min-hoJang Geun-seokLee Seung-giChoi Seung-hyeon(TOP), Joo WonJeong Il-wooJi Chang-wook are some of them. They were acknowledged of their talents since their debut and now they are some of the leading artists in Korea.

Lee Min-ho is currently starring in the SBS drama "The Heirs". He is one of the most trusted actors and this drama has been pre-sold to countries like Japan, China, Hong Kong and other Asian countries just for his name.

Jang Geun-seok is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "Pretty Boy" in November. He recorded low percentages in recent dramas like "Marry Me, Mary!" and "Love Rain" but all of his dramas are very highly demanded overseas. This time, he plans on solidifying his position as 'The Prince of Asia'.

Joo Won has been successful in every drama he starred in from "Bread, Love and Dreams", "Ojak Brothers", "Bridal Mask" and "Good Doctor". He also stars in the KBS 2TV show "Happy Sunday – 1 Night 2 Days" and is looking forward to the release of the movie "Catch Me".

Choi Seung-hyeon has been successful as a member of Big Bang and as an actor. He stars in the movie"Commitment" which is to be released on the 6th of November. He's grown fairly quickly into a well-known actor.

Lee Seung-gi aims for the position of 'entertainment King' in the tvN show Actresses. His experience in "1 Night 2 Days" should allow him to spread out his wings.

Jeong Il-woo and Ji Chang-wook are starring in the new MBC weekend drama "Golden Rainbow" and MBC drama "Empress Qi". They have stepped into long-term contracts as these dramas lead up to 30~50 episodes.

All this is thanks to actors like Kang Dong-wonHyeon Bin and Won Bin, whose performances before them have solidified a stage for them to act on. However, some say that these young actors are actually making their own territory by doing what they do best.

Source : news.donga.com/3/all/...

Cr: HanCinema.net

Joo Won and Ah Joong [English Sub] for Catch Me Movie: SBS Night of TV Enterntainment : Initial Unedited English Subbed

I know you really want to watch this with English sub. This is unedited version, I will wait for @mrdimples to review it. Just... enjoy. Very interesting... especially the part where Cutie clenched his fist. :D Cannot wait to watch this movie. :D

Click Below Link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16al5s_joo-won-and-ah-joong-english-sub-for-catch-me-movie-sbs-night-of-tv-enterntainment_people
by Joo Won Cutie

quml.png

Thanks @coolreborn for the video. :-* :-*

Haha, He said: " He like hugs, front or back doesnt matter
And he said " he likes skinship around elbow area, when he grabs it, no matter how much force he uses. This area is quite sensitive." 22.gif22.gif

For me this area is not so sensitive as another area. If we have a chance to do skinship with each other. I will tell you where it is. 75.gif75.gif

coolreborn said: Joo Won and Ah Joong [English Sub] for Catch Me Movie: SBS Night of TV Enterntainment : Initial Unedited English Subbed

I know you really want to watch this with English sub. This is unedited version, I will wait for @mrdimples to review it. Just... enjoy. Very interesting... especially the part where Cutie clenched his fist. :D Cannot wait to watch this movie. :D

Click Below Link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16al5s_joo-won-and-ah-joong-english-sub-for-catch-me-movie-sbs-night-of-tv-enterntainment_people
by Joo Won Cutie