Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Good Doctor Episode 16 Recap
mpj9.jpg

As the drama moves to a close, our characters change and grow, and so do their thinking. In the beginning, YS ask SO what it means to be a good doctor and SO gave her a textbook answer. Midway through, YS gets a different answer from SO and this time, it reflects a better understanding on his part and it pleased YS then. In this episode, YS pronounces SO as a good doctor. A good doctor is one who not only treats the disease but also treats his patients with love and heal their hearts.

continue reading here

Comments

792b15950a7b020891dd12d760d9f2d3572cc899

This is most nerve wrecking cliffhanger I have seen, not just in Good Doctor but among other dramas as well. It is not so much the suspense alone but the awful dread that comes with it. I watched the ending starting from SO’s dream a few times and it still gives me that shiver down the spine. What can it mean? I half expected In Hae to be dead after watching SO’s dream and when I saw that she was lying motionless in bed in the morning. However, when YS called her and she responded, I breathe a sigh of relief.  Then when the spot of blood appeared on her foot, I almost screamed. Awesome, show!

The omnipotent sense of dread and SO’s reaction to his dream makes me think that In Hae is a goner. However, in the dream there were butterflies in the garden, weren’t there? I wonder what significance the butterfly holds in this drama. We see it as a creature of beauty in SO’s eyes, he was always enthralled with it. The butterfly also appears to follow SO at crucial times, like his guardian angel. The last time we saw it was when it followed SO’s hyung after he walked away, in the conversation on the bench. So, is it a symbol of hope or afterlife? It is quite unimaginable that In Hae dies at this point. Her passing will be most acutely felt. It would mean that her sister’s sacrifice was for nothing and given such calamity, it is hardly the right time for any romance for Dr Han and In Young. It will also be devastating to YS and SO because the former treats her like a sister and SO has an incredible bond with In Hae from the start. With 4 episodes left, I wonder if the show has the time to dwell on the death of In Hae and the effects on those around here. We still have the cases of KHT’s son, the mysterious guy from SO’s past and SO’s parents, not to mention the budding romance between SO and YS. Above all,  I love In Hae, she has been such an interesting and lovable character. She is past the age of cute like the rest of the children in the pediatric ward but an incredibly sweet and mature young lady. She has a full life ahead of her so I really hope she survives.

Before the drama ends, I hesitate to pronounce on the quality of writing. But I will say that to date, I am very satisfied overall with the story and most importantly the development of the characters all round. There are no drastic changes or huge suspensions of belief as far as the growth arc of the leads go. I was concerned that SO will turn into someone completely different from the SO we had at the start of the show.

In this week’s episodes, I am relieved that despite some significant growth in SO, he remains the same SO we have had since the beginning with all his cute and funny take on things minus the lack of confidence and cowering. He still takes things at face value, he still misses cue and he still speaks his mind. His conversations with YS are to die for, these two make really good comedy. SO is like a sponge when it comes to absorbing information and now he is learning about women, romance and all from the internet. I think we are setup for more comedic stuff. I will not be surprised if he springs a kiss on YS, probably after watching thousands of videos on the web. I cackled like mad when he did the impersonation of Won Bin in the movie “Ahjussi”. So I can totally imagine him planting a Kdrama or Hollywood kiss on YS’s lips. Mechanical as it may sound, I am sure the real feeling will take over once the act is initiated, then the rest is up to the chemistry of the actors to wow us. In this aspect, I must say Moon Chae Won has really good chemistry with Joo Won. Not the “blow me away” romantic type yet but the comedic timing of this pair is really the tops.

Joo Won continues to impress with his performance. As SO his character grows, Joo Won manages to pull that convincingly and yet retains the original characteristics of the character. I always had faith that Joo Won will do comedy well but he was let down by good script in 7th Level Civil Servant. Although Park Jae Beom is not known for writing comedy, I am pleasantly surprised at how funny Good Doctor can be especially SO. However, funny lines or scenes still has to delivered by good actors. In this aspect, Joo Won has done a marvelous job. Si On is officially the funniest and most adorable character I have met. In this episode, I guffawed at SO’s reaction to Dr Lizard’s wink. Just take a look at his face when he responded to Dr Lizard’s order to go to the NICU with “Yes, what?”

For a good part of this series, viewers were hating the villains of the show like Dr Woo a.k.a Spy Doctor and Dr Go a.k.a Dr Lizard especially when they made despicable use of SO to achieve their own purposes. Thankfully unlike many dramas where villains continue to be one shade of black, the ‘evil’ characters here show more depth. For example, we see that KHT is not so much a mercenary like his boss, Chairman Jeong but rather he is guided by a set of beliefs on what is the best healthcare system. And as we learned now, his thinking is undoubtedly influenced by his son’s condition and how they got rejected by hospital after hospital. He brings his boy to the USA for treatment because he is convinced he cannot find a cure in Korea. He thinks that Korean hospitals are bugged by lack of resources and capabilities due to funding issues. By bring in an investor like Chairman Jeong, he could build the finest hospital and healthcare system for children. This is the reason why he disdains the current management and inept doctors like Dr Lizard and Dr Woo.  His plan was to rid of all these incompetence and cronyisms which ails the hospital. If he could retain talented men like Director Choi and Dr Kim Do Han, there is nothing he could not achieve now that he has the backing of a powerful investor. Clearly, KHT has no problem to paying for the best treatment for his son. He is oblivious or chooses to ignore the effect his new setup will on those families who cannot afford treatment for their children. Under such a system, someone like his son might be saved but many more children will die.

As the show winds down to a close, we witness the impact that SO has on people around him. As I said at the beginning of the series, it is not just SO will be “cured” but the people around him. Like SO said, people are more difficult to treat than sickness and I love that YS replies that “…the only remedy is another person.” SO realizes that love reduces suffering and is the most effective painkiller. Yes, when life gives you a lemon, love can make it sweeter and less sour.

MASS TWEET

@daydreamsindecember has written a simple tweet to wish Cutie Happy Birthday.

생일 축하합니다 주원씨! 항상 건강하시고 행복하세요.
생일날 좋은 하루 되세요. 사랑해요! From 주원 큐티 인터네셔널 팬클럽
Happy Birthday Joo Won! Stay healthy and happy always. Have a good day on your birthday. We love you! From Joo Won Cutie International Fan Club

I don't think it's really necessary to do a mass tweet as in a synchronized one. Let's just tweet to Cutie as and when we want and as often as we like these few days. You can be creative and compose your unique tweets and fanarts. At the same time, you may want to tweet him using the above message and include the pictures taken from our Cutie Birthday Project. Now, he clearly knows our existence. Let's show him that he is truly loved by many around the world. Cutie Fighting! Joo Won Cutie International Fans Fighting!

Here are some pics you can use from the event

0jtw.jpg
ewl0.jpg
vblm.png
nxj4.jpg
pe82.png

26th September 2013, Joowon Birthday Project

1380206028597_zps8c32e7d4.jpg

Approximately at 11.30 we (I & H –JW Korean fan) arrived to filming location whereas another 3 Korean fans waited there already.

We carried more than 20 big boxes to delivery elevator to 3rd floor where cafeteria is. When arrived the cafeteria, just know that

JW manager helped us on the 3rd floor to carry out those meal boxes ^ ^ very kind manager ~~

After greeting to JW manager, we start our works .stored all meal boxes in order, arrange the trash boxes & bag separately, paste the banner and so on.

We cannot go out at the beginning due must standby to recheck the room temperature every hour. Till the venue staff came to cafeteria and recommended

How to operate the air condition T.T  ….He took us to tour the media & entertainment university ^ ^..

Around 4pm, JW manager came to inform that the GD staffs will come to have dinner around 5.30 to 6 pm, we went to the coffee shop (another building) to

Bring the coffee & drinks we pre-ordered. When I saw the coffee shop poster “the fried chicken” and heard from Korean fan that JW like this chicken so much.

His manager always bought this chicken to JW when he filmed there. So I made the decision to order big box of fried chicken to JW more.

Staffs came to pick up the meal sets (Thai meal box, spicy chicken, banana & drink) so we all were busy to serve them. While I was busy , I heard someone said “Annyoung Haseyo” behind me. When turned back…oh …Joowon’s coming ^ ^ …..He came with “JSW” & “MCW” and greeting to us before going to special table that we prepared for main actors before.  

One Korean fan told me to say something to Joowon, but I don’t know what to say, then just say “Sawasdee ka” hahaha…I always greeting him with Thai ^ ^

Joowon and another 2 actors say annyoung to me then we invited them to the table& recommended Thai meal box to them as they looked curious what’s it ~.

After that I came back to my position, serving the meal sets, to other staffs ^ ^ ..have not much time to look at them even the table just nearby the kitchen.

Anyway, when I went into the kitchen I looked at them enjoy our meals, I felt like… ah……good..my little bro enjoy eating a lots ..  I can hear him laugh , I can see his smile while eating…that’s wonderful moment ^ ^  During we have free time, one Korean fan told me to mix my “longan juices” to 3 of them.  She told me I must serve to JW, it’s my duty she said ^ ^….So I walked to JW and recommend what’s this! JW smiled and ask me to say again what’s Longan?? I don’t know how to explain too, so I said it’s “Lamyai” in Thai hahaha..He smell the juices before sib, and say something in Korean I don’t understand T.T ……But JSW give me a thumb and speak in English very loudly “GOOD…GOOD”. As I stand behind MCW, so that I couldn’t see her reaction ^ ^…

Around 7.30pm, most of staffs finished their meals. Finally 3 actors also finished, they walked to the kitchen where I was, so I came out to say good bye to them. Again JSW said in English to me when I asked how’s about the meal? “GOOD GOOD” and big smile ^ ^ also MCW…both of them thank you in Korean for the meals and left to shooting again. 

Now it's the time with Joowon !! He bring the pink paper & also our clubs name I prepared for him to sign to the table. He asked if he can sign in Korean? I said that's okay! So he signed for "Joowon Thailand Fanclub" and "Joowon Cuties International Fans" in Korean. After finish his sign, JW walked to our banner^ ^  Manager gave me the signal that using my mobile phone to take photo, only Joowon with Banner, first..Another persons didn't take this photo at all, manager said it's only for me to take a photo. 

Then manager told me going to take photo with Joowon :D .....I walked to joowon slowly and blank! I didn't know which side I should stand T.T so move left & right ..left & right..till hearing Joowon laughed out loud, also everyone there ... so shy T.T......then Joowon pull me to stand nearby him ..and manager took the photo with my mobile phone ^ ^..During the 2nd shot, I asked joowon can I hug him? He smiled and suddenly give me a hug ~~~~ At that moment, my head think only "someone here told me please tell how's Joowon smell?" so I quick deeply breathe his chest (due I hit his chest-i don't know what should i explain T.T ) ....so soft, good & natural smell ^ ^ confirm!!!!!!! After that it's time for another 4 fans to take photo with him. When finished, Joowon say good bye and go to shooting quickly.  

jwthfc said:

Then manager told me going to take photo with Joowon :D .....I walked to joowon slowly and blank! I didn't know which side I should stand T.T so move left & right ..left & right..till hearing Joowon laughed out loud, also everyone there ... so shy T.T......then Joowon pull me to stand nearby him ..and manager took the photo with my mobile phone ^ ^..During the 2nd shot, I asked joowon can I hug him? He smiled and suddenly give me a hug ~~~~ At that moment, my head think only "someone here told me please tell how's Joowon smell?" so I quick deeply breathe his chest (due I hit his chest-i don't know what should i explain T.T ) ....so soft, good & natural smell ^ ^ confirm!!!!!!! After that it's time for another 4 fans to take photo with him. When finished, Joowon say good bye and go to shooting quickly.  

Wow @jwthfc I think you can't forget that moment when cutie pull you to stand Near him Ba and HUg you Ba

Wow wow wow he s such a nice guy

But just one question why jsw only sAy good good

And I wonder is cutie really vvv thin as he stand as you are thin too so U two look vvv Gd together

And I heard his face is vvv small too

Is his face vvv small ?

And is mcw face big as I see in Gd her face s bigger than cutie cos cutie has a small face

And did cutie say any English to you ? Or all in Korean? As I just thinking should I tweet him in Korean or English as if he really can't understand English then we will tweet him in Korean next time

Just my thinking as in Tw interview he said he saw many Tw fans tweeted him in English but he only mentioned from Taiwan

So I just thinking is it he can't read English ?

Just curious only

mrdimples said: jwthfc said:

goldlotus said:

Thanks @jwtlfc.I'm happy to hear that Cutie and the cast enjoyed our food. :)

Haha, You didn't know which side you should stand ? :)) :)) Yep, Cutie 's handsome from all angles? So left - right or right- left is still OK.

@jwtlfc, you're moaty right ? :D

@goldlotus, @jwthfc is a gardener... as far as I know. It is us who is pestering her and a good samaritan that she is and being nudge subconsciously, she graciously made our wish come true. :D That is why she got the dilemma of going from right or left. :D  I'll probably go straight and hug Cutie in the front!

Eeerrr... this gardener bunnie oso want to know wat flavour cutie smells like... rem i ask unnie @manyearsago the same question when she went to tokyo for the jap fanmeet with @mjwonnie? :)) :))