Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest ikkie_monster

hi guys!pls support joo won in a poll in facebook. pls like the page first, like the picture and leave a comment. and after liking you could share it to others.thanx...here is the link https://www.facebook.com/HeartofAsiaGMA#

I am so nervous.... I think I'll just post some GD pics... I hope everything will come out fine... OMG!!! AHHHH!!!! Cutie!!!!! 

neko%20028.gifth_48.gif  ali_025.gif  12.gif      Heili%20Cat%20046.gif      017.gif

I think I'm going to have an upset stomach .... ali_018.gif   117.gif  

Need to relax.....  th_220.gif

..... still, I just can't help but suddenly feel like this......  ali_005.gif

And who's fault is it...   113.gif    Yes, you, you, Joo Won, our Cutie... don't go looking innocent on me... Awwww.....

dabx.png

..... still I surrender....  012.gif

I am so nervous.... I think I'll just post some GD pics... I hope everything will come out fine... OMG!!! AHHHH!!!! Cutie!!!!! 

I think I'm going to have an upset stomach ....      

Need to relax..... 

..... still, I just can't help but suddenly feel like this...... 

And who's fault is it...       Yes, you, you, Joo Won, our Cutie... don't go looking innocent on me... Awwww.....

..... still I surrender.... 

Omona. I am sooo excited as well! What time do we expect Cutie to receive our early birthday present? Lemme just hug you @coolreborn, @mrdimples @mjwonnie and the rest working in the bg to make this possible! Plus to all cuties! Ahhhhhh! ^^

I am excited for the stickers/banner as well. Are you sure it's mostly garden stuff and no moaty ones? Aww. Hahaha!

Me too also vvv excited about the catering hopefully can see pics or vids even better next few days

Yehhhh

I hope he ll eat happily and give him more energy to work

Eat more ya as it s from all your cutie fans from all over the earth and it s our little appreciation to you for giving us alot of great dramas to enjoy

And also giving us smile whenever see you smile

And thanks all the fans for making this happen ESP

Mrdimples and coolreborn and mjwonnie and many others

Although it s really hard to organise tis event but you all make it and now I really know the meaning

Love has no boundary

And thank you for allowing me to join in this project and can only contribute vvv little only but I am like now still thinking am I dreaming that cutie will eat out catering. And we can also thank him back in this way wow

Now I am like in the wonderland

Joo Won ~ Interview with Magazine 「もっと知りたい!韓国TVドラマ」vol 45 

A handsome and promising rookie actor possessing perfect charm of frankness and pure nature

Playing as a rival to Tak Gu in “Baker King”, Ma Jun could not smile happily due to holding loneliness and complex feelings in his heart.   However, Joo Won, who played the role of Ma Jun, is actually a wonderful young actor always wearing smiles on his face.  This is his first time coming to Japan.  In the interview, he answered our questions candidly with friendly smiles “I want to become an actor with kindness and warm heart.”

ziy2.png

Was surprised seeing many people came to the drama promotion event

~ This is your first time promoting drama “Baker King” in Japan, is it also your first time coming to Japan?

Yes, I paid for my parents coming to Japan before but this is my first time coming to Japan (laugh). There was an earthquake yesterday and I was a bit scared because it was my first time experiencing it.

~ What was your first impression meeting Japanese fans? Although it was your first event, you looked very impressive.

I never thought that many people would have come.  Even I didn’t do well, they gave me support and their responses were very good,  I was pretty nervous.  I didn’t look nervous because I normally don’t show it on my face,  I know how to deal with the situation but it doesn’t mean I am not nervous at all, I always keep my nervousness in my heart to a certain extent.

~ You played a villain in “Baker King” but I heard in the beginning you were told by others that “villain does not suit you”?

Ma Jun is the type of person who will just explode if something irritates him and things can get on to his nerves but I am the opposite (laugh).  Because sunbaes and friends said they never saw this side of me,  they were surprised and asked me “Why were you selected to play a villain?”  Because it was my first time playing a villain, they asked me “Are you sure you can do it?”

~ I heard your co-stars Eugene and Lee Young Ae had neck pain because of your height during filming but for you, did you find any difficulties in particular?

In order to match their height in filming, I always had to widen my legs to match well with their height in camera (laugh)  but it would be very difficult if we were filming love scenes.  I couldn’t grasp the feelings well if I widened my legs.  I looked funny when they saw me like this (bitter smile).

~ Which scene in the drama did you find most impressive?

There were a few.  I was very nervous in kiss scenes, then it would be the scene in which both Tak Gu’s and my wrists were tied up together by a rope and we had to do things together.  That was also the opportunity both Tak Gu and Ma Jun opened their hearts to each other and their relationship got better.  It was very hard when filming those scenes.   Filming went on without breaks and we had to run a lot in those scenes, we couldn’t even change our clothes (bitter smile).  Therefore, this scene left me with deep impression.

~ What was your favourite scene?

The scene in the last episode that I went to visit Manager Han in prison.  Normally, you act with your facial expressions only when the camera is facing you, but the camera was only filming Jung Seon Mo sunbaenim in that scene, somehow I shed tears therefore I liked that scene very much.

A typical maknae at home but a scary sunbae in university!? 

~ A playboy in drama but what type are you in real life?

I am totally different from Ma Jun.  I am not a playboy at all.  I am the type who will only be looking for lover within my familiar places as I am not good at deliberately looking for lover in other places purely because I am not the type who is active in starting the conversation (bitter smile).  Definitely, It has to be me if I have to confess my feelings to her but I will have to observe her for a long time before making my confession as I am a prudent person.

~ In the drama you were the maknae with 2 siblings,  but In real life you have an elder brother, right?

I am a typical maknae. I play aegyoness at home and I am pampered very much at home.  When I was young, my Mom wanted a daughter.  Because I didn’t like it, somehow I tried to play the role as her daughter.   I talked to Mom a lot and helped out with housework and we did cleaning together.   Even now my brother and I clean up the table after meals.  Like normal families, female members are busy helping out doing dishes for celebrating festivals however Mom can’t do everything on her own now, all men in my family help out instead.

~ In 2011, you are very busy filming movie and drama but don’t you feel confused when you are concurrently filming both?

I played a police officer in both drama “Ojakgyo Brothers” and movie “Special Investigation Unit” but if I have to elaborate the details, my role is a psychologist specialized in criminology in “Special Investigation Unit” whereas a cop in “Ojakgyo Brothers”.  Strictly speaking, they are different and I got confused when concurrently filming both.  Therefore, I needed some time before filming, I needed to see myself in front of the mirror after I got changed.  I wore a neat suit when playing a psychologist.  When playing a cop, I made my appearance looking a bit tired and worn out.  After seeing my appearance, I would then do my hair.

bk5r.png

~ Do you find it hard in working and studying at the same time?  Also, what sort of student are you in university?

Actually I thought I would have failed in my last semester but luckily I could sit for exams and I didn’t fail at the end (bitter smile).  I was really lucky.  At school, I am a hoobae who listens well to what sunbaes tell me to do but I am a bad sunbae to hoobaes (laugh).  What I always hear from sunbaes is “You have to come here at certain time”,  I will be there one hour before hand and will do whatever they request me to.   What I mean for me being a bad sunbae is because I am pretty particular with basics such as I am a punctual person, I scold hoobaes who don’t greet properly, hence I am a scary sunbae to hoobaes.   But anyway, we still get along well.

Recognised by others in university and public areas does not bother me at all

~ Are there any big changes to your university life when your face is being known by public after the drama broadcast?

The professors are very happy (laugh).  The teachers in Performing Arts Faculty don’t show that sort of behaviour but if I go to other classes, teachers will be very pleased and even my name is mentioned during the class.  I personally don’t like this sort of atmosphere.   Other students always approach me for chat,  they even ask for taking photos and my autographs and I don’t mind.  Because I am thankful to them, I just do that for them as fan service.

~ You are now playing a drama with co-star Uee of After School.  She is in the same faculty as yours, isn’t she?

I was in my 2nd year when Uee started her 1st year.  It has been a while since we last met.  I am one year older than her and addressing me as “oppa” is pretty usual but when she saw me, she was nervous and perplexed when calling me  “sun...sunbae” (laugh).  Actually, I gathered all hoobaes for doing some activities before.  Hahaha

~ Recently you have been using twitter a lot to communicate with fans but how did you start it?

When I was playing musicals, I could communicate freely with fans.  When I finished my performance,  fans would have waited for me and then we went for food together.  Because there were schedules for filming TV drama, we could not meet as often as before and I felt apologetic to them so I started to keep communicating with them at least by writing twitter messages.   Like this time I came to Japan, I tweeted them that “I came to Japan.”  I guess they want to know what I am up to.

~ What sort of actor do you want to become in future?

I always say I want to become an actor with warm heart and kindness.  Once becoming famous, people tend to keep a distance from others but I don’t want to be like that.  It doesn’t bother me even I am recognized by others, like I still wear my tracksuit when going to the convenient store in front of my home.  I just want to be seen as a simple person wherever I go.   I don’t want to go overboard with image management (laugh).  As an actor, his job is to express his role, so I have to keep learning by observing many different people.   Saying I don’t like attention from people is different from I prefer being home alone.  Therefore, I won’t forget my original nature, I want to become an actor with a warm heart.

76d3.png

Source and photo「もっと知りたい!韓国TVドラマ」vol 45 

Interview by Karaki Yui

Photo by Inoue Ryoichi

English translation by manyearsago @ soompi

Thank you @manyearsago for the interview, always great to know more about Joo Won the person before he came into the drama world.

Eagerly awaiting to hear about the birthday treat for Cutie. My heart and stomach are literally swamped with butterflies. Hoping to see some pics soon. Ladies and girls fighting!!!!!