Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest noopie_1

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting in joowon soompi thread. I like him since I'm starting watching "ojakgyo brothers"!

And I like him more when I know he can sing very well!

Hi currysushi33, I'm hoping he will sing for Ojakgyo OST too! I think the OST has released. But hopefully they will add another special OST edition with additional songs.

Guest my_littleprince

I cant belive this thread isnt longer...im currently watching ojakgyo brothers and I love this guy

Hes such an amazing singer too!..does anyone know If he'll be singing for the ojakgyo OST?

I couldnt make it through baker king, but im so glad ojakgyo brothers have let me see how amazing of an actor he is.

He really does look like kang dong won and when he smiles he looks like kim soo hyun but anyway hes made it onto my list of actors who im eternally in love with:)

I couldn't agree more to your post. Im watching Ojakgyo brothers and fell in love with Tae hee and Joowon as well, such a talented actor and sing really well. I dig up some clips in YT where he showed his talent in singing and dacing . Awesome

• 2 weeks later...

This guy definitely deserve more recognition..he is so talented and not to mention really handsome..he looks like kang dong won and sometimes TOP. I am already his fan just watching Ojakgyo brothers..heard that he will be starring in another drama after this..I will definitely rooting for him my new crush and i think will last forever!!

Guest pandasoori

is it true he gonna join 1n2d season 2 ? omg ! like seriously . i cant wait . cincha .

really want to see him in variety show . anybody know when they gonna air 1n2d season 2 ?

is it true he gonna join 1n2d season 2 ? omg ! like seriously . i cant wait . cincha .

really want to see him in variety show . anybody know when they gonna air 1n2d season 2 ?

Yes indeed my friend. it's a very good news and I can't wait it either, since I've been 2D1N fan, too. I'm a bit sad that Seung Gi is not coming back on Season 2, but having Joo Won as maknae?? oh it's not that sad, not sad at all :) Just read the news here http://kdramachoa.com/the-new-formation-of-2days1night-season-2/ 

I'm so happy to join this forum. I think not many people like Joo Won, just yet. Ojakgyo Brothers is quite a hit for the past few months (love Hwang Tae Hee), but wait until Bridal Mask is on air.... i'm thinking that he's gonna be the cool classical Korean superhero :)  I'm soooo excited! 

• 1 month later...
Guest summerlamb
w00t.gif first time posting in this thread, w00t.gif totally love watching Joo Won in pretty much anything, i watched Ojakgyo Brothers, because of him, and the possible Uee chemistry, and it sure was worth it, probably one of my all time fave kdrama's, even if the ending of OB, wasn't to TH and JE fans liking :D . keeping and eye and ear out for JW in the 2BIC MV, and Gaksital/Bridal Mask, as well as enjoying his presence on 1N2D, and was impressed with his manner towards his Mom in the 1N2D second episode, when he spoke to her on the phone,....완전 귀엽다 ㅋㅋㅋ :wub:

Joo Won rises as the blue ship of dramas and advertisements "I Night 2 Days effect"

photo227883.jpg

Actor Joo Won is continuously taking over the commercial business this early half of the year.

He is benefiting from the 'national drama' and 'national entertainment' effect, rising as the best blue chip in the 2012 commercial business.

In following his tremendous reputation in the KBS drama "Ojak Brothers" which rated over and under 40%, he is also starring in the KBS TV program "1 Night 2 Days" and getting a whole lot more attention.

His increasing popularity is leading right to advertisements. As soon as he started "1 Night 2 Days" he started modeling for the outdoor brand 'Mountia" and has also recently signed a contract with causal brand 'Edwind'.

There are many reasons for this up-climbing popularity. He is the perfect example of the most assiduous guy coming from his warm smile to the way he talks. He also mastered the art of dancing and singing through the musicals he's done so far and he has a firm base in acting.

Also, his cute and popular appeal in the TV programs has led to the many love calls he's been getting from advertisement companies.

Meanwhile, Joo Won will come back with the drama "Bridal Mask" in May. This drama worth 10 billion won is based on the 1974 comic, "Bridal Mask".

http://www.hancinema.net

• 1 month later...
Guest snowflakesj16

Stills of Joo Won from "Bridal Mask" Released

SOLND.jpg

Actor Joo Won will be returning to the small screen as a national hero with the upcoming drama, "Bridal Mask."

Joo Won will be playing the role of a hero, which matches his sharp facial features, his charismatic eyes and his lean but strong body figure.

"Bridal Mask" will air after "The Equator Man" starting on May 30. The drama takes place during Korea's colonization by Japan. Joo Won will play the role of Lee Kang To, who is an average citizen by day but a fearless avenger by night. Actor Shin Hyun Joon makes a cameo as his older brother, who suffers from brain injuries while participating in an independence movement.

PoT8V.jpg

The drama is filled with suspense, action and love. Ever since Joo Won showed his talent through "Baker King Kim Tak Goo" and "Ojakgyo Brothers," fans are anticipating a great performance from him through "Bridal Mask" as well.

It is reported that Joo Won immediately made his decision to join the cast after reading the synopsis and script. He is studying his two-sided character diligently, since it is a difficult role. Also, despite his busy schedule, he is training for some martial arts and horseback riding skills for his character as well.

The drama's staff said, "Despite his busy schedule, Joo Won is working very hard to portray Lee Kang To by spending a lot of time studying and training. We believe he is very passionate about this character because it is one of the most dramatic characters he has played in his career."

"The Bride Mask" is based on a comic by Huh Young Man and it is reported that KBS has been preparing for this drama for a while. "Bridal Mask" will air its first episode on May 30.

• 2 weeks later...

20120512_1n2d.jpg

With the difficult decision made by Choi Jae Hyung PD to return to filming after joining the labor union strike, variety program ‘1 Night 2 Days‘ has announced the airing of new episodes in the upcoming weeks.

KBS stated through a press release on May 11th, “For two weeks, on the 13th and 20th, a ‘Special 1N2D, Investigation into Nature Project’ will be airing.”

This will be the first new episode since Choi Jae Hyung PD returned from the strike to continue on with the show after witnessing major drops in viewer ratings.

On the new episodes, the ’1N2D’ members, who haven’t seen each other for the past six weeks, will be showing us Jeju Island once more with a special feature on the dolphins that can be found near the island.

allkpop, nate

Guest snowflakesj16

Joo Won and After School's Uee for "Cantata" Coffee

by: jbarky for Soompi News

ZmrFH.jpg

It looks like Joo Won and After School’s Uee are back together again! Joo Won and Uee appeared as lovers for the hit drama “Ojakgyo Brothers.” The two reunited to appears as a couple for the coffee brand “Cantata.”

During the advertisement, Joo Won stated, “What is the most important thing in coffee?” and Uee replies, “Coffee, coffee beans!” Currently the coffee brand is anticipating that the Joo Won and Uee couple will be more famous than Shin Min Ah and Won Bin couple for coffee.

Currently Joo Won is currently filming KBS 2TV’s Gak Si Mask.” Uee is going to be a part of the encore concert for After School’s first Japanese live tour on June 17.

Netizens have stated, “Uee is a commercial queen,” “I am looking forward to the commercial,” and “Now we can see the Tae Hee – Ja Eun couple again.”

• 4 weeks later...

Uhm Jung Hwa tweeted a pic of UTW and Juwon today ^^
Ausz_AKCMAAjuU3.jpg
[TRANS] Today we went as models for a promotion event to jeju island.This is the sight of Uhm Tae Woong,who played games on juwon's phone and juwon trying to get his phone back.Its too precious to be kept for myself,i'm sharing it.These two are very cute right?
( translated by laydeebutterfly )

Guest butwal

OMG Joo Won is so adorable! Who would think he is the same guy who plays Lee Kangto in Gaksital!! He sure is an awesome actor and I can tell he has a bright future ahead!! Totally opposite from his real personality!! Loving him in Gaksital and also in 1N2D!!

HAHAHAHAH the pic above is sooooo funny!!! Aww Wonnie being all little kiddish XD They look like father and son ahahah!
I can so see him doing this with Shi Kyung too. 
In other news, this thread should be moving faster!!!

Aigoooo why didn't I know of this awesome guy sooner!

I started to watch bridal mask and looked up other stuff that he was in... surprised the hell of out me when I found out he was on 1n2d!!
He is just SOOOO different from his character from bridal mask! (well i doubt that he is revenge seeking person who is a superhero at night.... or is he LAWL)

I guess the juxtaposition just startled me , he's such an aegyo machine on 1n2d that I guess it only makes me appreciate how well he can act!

I think I found my new kdrama bias LOL!

Guest freeminded1430278377

His thread is so quiet. He is an awesome actor. I like him in Baker King as well as in Bridal Mask. I can see the potential in this guy rising to a bigger star in the coming years

Guest alysanne

@DDuk: Welcome to the Society of People Who Are Dumbfounded B7 1N2D Joo Won and Drama Joo Won.  ;)  It's really such an interesting dichotomy, isn't it?  I first saw him on Baker King as the angsty and scheming antagonist, and then my next encounter with him is 1N2D.  Imagine my shock!  But yeah, it really makes you appreciate his talent more. :)