Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

ctfrsgp said:

@coolreborn U forgotten cats can't swim and have only 9 lives... How did u survived all those dives into the bed of our gutter moat?

@ctfrsgp: I'm a part land cat, part water cat... I have cat gills when I go under our gutter lake moat. Cats can swim dearie, and I haven't used even a single life yet, I'm pretty crafty... I beat fox in slyness and even chase bears. But I'm very loyal and protective of my master, Master Joo Won in this case, lol (or should I say I am the master, cats often think themselves as the master, lmao) and a very good companion too. Don't just touch my bad side, or else you'll get a big claw scratch. :D

@coolreborn Sounds like U r a wild jungle cat not a house cat. The latter can't swim right? :D

ctfrsgp said:

coolreborn

wrote:

»

ctfrsgp said:<br />

@coolreborn

U forgotten cats can't swim and have only 9 lives... How did u survived all those dives into the bed of our gutter moat? <br />

<br />

<br />

@ctfrsgp

: I'm a part land cat, part water cat... I have cat gills when I go under our gutter lake moat. Cats can swim dearie, and I haven't used even a single life yet, I'm pretty crafty... I beat fox in slyness and even chase bears. But I'm very loyal and protective of my master, Master Joo Won in this case, lol (or should I say I am the master, cats often think themselves as the master, lmao) and a very good companion too. Don't just touch my bad side, or else you'll get a big claw scratch.

:D

Ladies and gentlemen [if any], in celebration of 100 pages of Joo Won awesomeness, I present to you, another interview translation!!! [Hopefully I'm not repeating one that has been done T_T]
Rising Star Joo Won's 3 types of charms

jwiiii-1.jpg
"Breaking through the share price ceiling." Recently, there has been no other more suitable phrase than this to describe Joo Won. As long as he acts in the drama, it will be a huge success. Whether he is second male lead or first male lead, Joo Won's dramas have always ranked first in the rating competition with other dramas airing during the same timeslot. His actions have proven that he has the capability to lead the whole cast and crew. His debut drama Baker King acheived higher than 45% ratings, Ojakyo Brothers also received 36% ratings and Gaksital garnered more than 22% ratings. These dramas were all ranked first in their respective airing timeslots. 
Growth
Growth that had people admiring Joo Won for. Joo Won never once stooped his steps. There still seems to be room for improvement and a bright future. "It seems that I'm growing bit by bit each day." Leaving the drama behind, he said "I've only improved a little."

"In every project that I've done, I've learnt so much from the teachers and seniors. When I was filming for Baker King, I was still trying to get used to the workings of filming for a drama. In Ojakyo Brothers, I learnt how to relax when acting. In the movie Special Investigation Unit, I saw that although seniors Sung Dong Il and Jung Jin young had very different styles, tey were both excellent actors."
His seniors' acting became a source of vitamin for Joo Won to develop his own acting. This was the same when he was acting as Lee Kangto in Gaksital. "Lee Kangto is not an easy role to control. To show the personality of the character perfectly, the seniors told me not to act with caution and try to monitor my acting but to just let lose and act my heart out." The huge change in acting style allowed Joo Won to experience a new growth. 
jwiii-1.jpg
Caring
"The fact that I am able to see my own flaws and what I lack in seems to be my virtue." Nothwithstanding the huge ratings successes, Joo Won still remains humble. Joo Won never does a solo act. Rather, there will always be someone shining along with him.Yoon Shi Yoon, Uee, Park Ki Woong are actors who he has worked with and has become good friends with. Even if we give him a nickname such as "The actor who brings out the best in other actors", it will not be too much for Joo Won. 
"I don't have much ambition. this was how my parents have taught me since young. The more you want something, the more you will not get it. The reason why my co-actors are also able to shine is probably because I have no ambition. Anyway, my role in the script already possess a lot of charisma so there is no need to purposely snatch someone else's spotlight from them. If for example the seniors' have explosive acting skills, it's probable that you won't notice me already haha."
Aegyo
jwii-1.jpg
To Joo Won, acting is not everything. In national variety show 1 Night 2 days, we also get to see Joo Won's charm. To Joo Won, 1 Night 2 Days is the time where he puts down his identity as an actor and reverts to the real him. While laughing, Joo Won said "I'm very active when I'm acting in a drama but in 1 Night 2 Days, I become more docile." The audience have lovingly called the 1 Night 2 days Joo Won as "A bagful of aegyo". 
"Because the hyungs take very good care of me, and also because I grew up in a loving family, so that is how I usually behave. I reality I also have an elder brother."
People have made comparison between Joo Won and Lee Seung Gi. Both are the magnae of the group and are handsome. Both are also multi-talented artistes with their ability to act and sing. To this, Joo Won said "But there are a lot of differences." 
"Lee Seung Gi did extremely well. Not only for his variety show skills, he is also a very good MC. There is no way I can even be compared with him. As an MC I still way behind. As for variety show skills, I'm only getting help due to 1 Night 2 Days. Also, our roles are different. But, there will come a day when I will also be multi-talented." 
But Won ah, you already ARE multi-talented! 
Source and photos: StarIN  Chinese translation by 由米35 @ 百度朱元吧English translation by mojobobo @ soompi

@ctfrsgp: LOL. House cats can swim dear, if you throw them in the water, they will swim, they have an innate ability to swim. Am I a wild cat...hmmmm, I can be wild when it comes to our sweetie, harharhar. But I am as tame as a house cat too. Maybe both :)). How about you, are you a fox or a bear? @mojobobo said she is a bear. Now I wonder what you and @mrdimples is. /:)

@coolreborn I'm definitely a bear since I do not possess the qualities of a fox :D more specifically a panda coz tatz wat I usually look like when i dun get enough sleep :)) which will be the case once i go back to work in a few days

mojobobo said:
"Lee Seung Gi did extremely well. Not only for his variety show skills, he is also a very good MC. There is no way I can even be compared with him. As an MC I still way behind. As for variety show skills, I'm only getting help due to 1 Night 2 Days. Also, our roles are different.
 But, there will come a day when I will also be multi-talented."