Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest freeminded1430278377

He knows he has been compared to Kang Dong Won before. In the Baker King special that was brought up before

Annyeong everyone :)

I'm new to this thread. Come in here because of Joo Won, of course. First seen him acting in Baker King, he played a very convincing villain there :). Love him in Gaksital and become his fan. Thats why I come in here today. Yup I agree that hes one of the good young actors now. Besides him, I also like Yoon Si Yoon, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Ki Woong and some more that I cant think of now *grin*

@lyra_brillantez
thanks for posting my translation here. I guess this should be the right place to put things related to Joo Won. 
I have posted a number of translations on Joo Won in Softy' blog. I started doing translations from the chinese news I gather from Joo Won fanbase in China baidu. I know it is not the most desirable as the chinese fans translate from Korean to Chinese and then I translate from Chinese to English. I always worry that things are lost in translation or worse mistakes made. Unfortunately, it is not easy to find fans who can read Korean and quickly translate it into English and the official English translated articles always appear quite a bit later or none at all. The chinese fans are fairly quick in their posting of news, so I try my best to translate for my friends in Softy's blog. Only recently, I have joined Soompi's forum because I love Bridal Mask and I love Joo Won. Just want to spread love for the drama and for my bias. 
Btw, I love that photo, too. When I knew that Joo Won will be acting in Bridal Mask, a show set in the 1930s, this kind of fringe swept back hairstyle was what I anticipated(not the so called emo fringe in the earlier episodes, which I liked, in a different way). From this photo which appeared quite some time ago, I knew Joo Won will have no problem carrying this look. 

Aigoo this thread moves so slowly!!
Anyway, I saw this picture posted by a fan on the baidutieba website and thought it was so cute! Credits to the fan! The fan was talking about how Joo Won had to give The Moon that Embraces the Sun a miss due to the extension of Ojakyo brothers. He had actually taken on Yang Myung's role but later had to give it up. The fan also mentions that it would have been awesome to see him and Kim Soo Hyun compete with their acting skills and that ratings might have hit 50%! Thank you 栋元118mystylefor the article!
203fb80e7bec54e7662a1f8db9389b504ec26a5a

Guest alysanne

@mojobobo: Yup, he was the first one to be offered the role of Yang Myung but turned it down 'coz of OB.  Jung Il-woo was wonderful as Yang Myung, but I can't help wondering what it would've been like with Joo Won considering their acting styles are different.  I think Yang Myung would've been more angsty if it had been Joo Won.  And yeah, what would it have been like with him acting opposite Kim Soo-hyun?   :x  Oh, and let's not forget Joo Won in Joseon-era royal garments! 

Guest butwal

Just imagine two of the best actor of new generation in one drama!! That would have been awesome though I would not like JW taking the second lead role. Btw his agency is considering him to take a lead role in new MBC drama The secret lovers.  http://koreanvibe.com/joo-won-to-play-the-secret-loversConsidering that this drama is to air on October/November, it would be hard on JW if he accept this role cuz he has to concentrate on the role as soon as he finishes filming for Bridal Mask which I think would be really hard on him!! He should at least get a good deserved rest for a week or two!! But I would be happy to see him in this role cuz it sounds interesting!! 

Does anybody know where I can watch 1n2d raw videos since the one airing in KBSWorld delays around 3 episodes.. 
I'm one of those fans who recently becomes Joo Won fans because of 1n2d season 2 & Gaksital. I discovered him through Baker King, and I notice this guy's emotion is so raw when he's acting. But it ends like that. I did wiki-ed his name during baker king because of curiosity, but once the drama ends, i don't take any interest to follow him anymore.
And this year, when i was bored, i started watching the new season of 1n2d. LOL..i never thought the antagonist guy in baker king is soo cute and have lots lots lots of aegyo in real life. So unexpected. 
I'm currently watching gaksital and 1n2d, hence i love and appreciate his acting more...Can't wait for his upcoming drama after gaksital. 
P.S. I do envy his ex-gf (if he had one), and his future gf.. He looks like the type who will be affectionate toward his gf. Well, he even does aegyos and loves to hug his hyungs in 1n2d. 

OMFG did anyone see Joo won in today's episode?
Never mind that he had a pacifier in his mouth (hfaksfjkdflja!) but he wore high heels!!! PWAHAHAH
2utizc8.jpgkb4luf.jpg^sorry for the crappy cap.. T^T but that's him RUNNING in the heels... OH LAWD his feet!!!
I loved it that the announcers yelled that since he's wearing heels his legs look even longer PWAHAHAH!
16kdwzq.jpg^Joowon with the pacifier... omgahhh LOL

Hi,
I am a new Joo Won fan (thanks to Gaksital!!!)Yes I watched today's 1N2D eposode, hilarous as always !! I laughed so much !!It was surprising how he can run with hiiiiigh heels (myself really can't do that lol) @renney_lim you can find the 1N2DS2 videos here http://joowonenglish.wordpress.com/category/1n2d-season2/
Can't wait to watch Gaksital ep18 :D !!!

Thanks @lyra_brillantez :)
I watched lots of Joo Won videos recently, and he is indeed very cute in real life and so different from his personas on screen He is really cute in this one ^^

and very funny in this one lol

and I didn't know he is so good at singing :P

(thanks wanida99 for these videos)

Guest alysanne

Ah, so they finally got to mete out that punishment from losing the morning mission in a previous ep? Methinks all the 1N2D PDs can't stand losing, so when the winds halted the paragliding mission, Bird PD probably spent a lot of time planning how it can push through.  LOL  But yay for JW!
Did you guys like his new hairstyle in the Summer special?  I love it!  :)
Also, it's nice to see more people here.  Keep posting!  :)

Guest alysanne

Reposting something that @kjmcth posted in the 1N2D thread because it's relevant to our interests. LOL
---

Joo Won reveals his ideal type and why he joined ’1 Night 2 Days’

Actor Joo Won opens up why he joined the cast of ’1 Night 2 Days’ and what he looks for in a woman. 

The ‘Vacation’ special episode was broadcasted on the July 29th episode of KBS ’1 Night 2 Days’ and on the episode Joo Won revealed some interesting things about him. 

Kim Jong Min and Joo Won were waiting for the dinner bokboolbok to start when Kim Jong Min asked Joo Won what convinced him to join ’1 Night 2 Days’.

Joo Won answered, “I was a little envious when I heard Seung Woo hyung was joining. The variety aspect didn’t really matter to me, I was just envious that he was part of the members.” 

Kim Jong Min also asked, “Tell me about your ideal type”, to which Joo Won answered, “I like a woman who has concept of things. The very basic things are very important to me. It’s important that she’s good to her elders. I think about that point a lot.” (Although things are changing fast in South Korea, respect to the elders is still an important aspect of the culture. Some people misinterpret “Being good to elders” in Korea as being obedient but that’s not it. Joo Won’s statement pertains more to being polite and respectful in general terms and nothing too specific). 

Kim Jong Min continued to ask, “Does ’1 Night 2 Days’ help in your acting?”, but then bokboolbok got started and Joo Won didn’t have a chance to answer Kim Jong Min’s question. 

Image: KBS ’1 Night 2 Days’ 

Source: NewsEN via Nate

from yesterdays ep of 1n2d....
Our joowon went from this....cuyp2.jpgrtfhuv.jpg
to this in a matter of seconds... WAE SO CUTE!?
2ak9t9s.jpg^ LAWL!! he looks like a little kid whose toy got taken away! pwahahah so cute!