Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Good morning manyearsago! Itz a new year and hence a new start. Wish that everyone here in Soompi has a good year ahead. Most important of all, wish JWonnie our cute maknae has another wonderful, fruitful and happy year in 2013.

Herez the vids of last night's award ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLkSpSlDuw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t84kdtLx9Zk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As much as I am proud of him,I am disappointed with KBS.He deserved more.He worked hard for that drama.SSK did not deserve it at all.I am so angry and sad that I even cried for him.However,Based on JW personality,I doubt that  he will feel sad.He is just too nice..

Anyways,happy New Year.. :)

Excerpts from Softy. Full Recap coming later
Joo Won's speech on receiving the Popularity Award

JW won twice so this is his first speech: “For receiving the popularity award – something I didnt even imagine I would get, I feel overwhelmed. In front of me there are so many nominees who are more talented than me so I am humbled to receive this award. First, through gaksital I was able to learn so much and it was a role I got so much out of (he lists directors and writers from Gaksital) More than anything, our Gaksital action team suffered so much. also the actors who worked with me, HJH hyung, KW hyung, Chae won noona, SY-ee, thank you so much. Gaksital was the best (*) for me. to my loving parents – thank you. to my Sim entertainment family (his agency) – thank you very much. thank you everyone. Have a happy new year.” * something that sounded like brightest sun

Joo Won's speech on receiving  the Excellent in Acting award

JW’s second speech for best actor (Acting Daesang) : I want to thank God first. (he names the directors, producers, writers, and people responsible for casting him and thanks them) and all the actors who acted with me. it it wasnt for those actors, I really worry if Gaksital would have been able to proceed well. For the first half, thank you so much HJ hyung. because hyung was there it was a big strength. also to my Sim entertainment family (he lists some names) for always being by my side when I have a hard time or feeling sensitive and being accepting of that. while filming Gaksital, it was very tragic but one stunt double passed away. I want to give him thanks. from here on too, I will always work hard to become an actor who “smells human.” also to my mother and father at home who always cheer me on, hyung, and hyungsonim (sister in law) thank you very much.  thank you everyone. (he bows deeply)

I must say, I really admired JW for bowing and introducing himself each time he took the stage. Half the people didnt bother to bow, but he did it properly each and every time. Plus, when he mentioned the stunt double who passed away before Gaksital aired, I was moved that he included him in his speech. Stars receive these awards for their acting or what have you, but there are some like JW who seem to have earned it with a lot of hard work and perseverance. I would like to think that’s what the audience is awarding – his dedication to his craft.

My thoughts:

I love it that Joo Won mentioned the late stuntman who lost his life in the tragic accident. 

I love that he thanked his brother and sister-in-law

I love that Joo Won said he will work hard to become an actor who "smells human". 

Truly, Joo Won, based on your performance, I'd have awarded you the Top Excellent Award. But, with your humility, sincerity and love, you are without doubt, the Most Excellent Actor with a Big Heart

We have lots to be thankful for and lots to be happy about! I think everyone would agree that Joo Won deserved to be recognized for his acting chops. And I think those that matter already knows of his acting abilities - producers, writers, directors and the fans. BM already opened a lot of opportunities for cutie. As much as it would be nice for him to win the major award, him getting two is already "icing on the cake" as @mrdimples have said.

As in previous years, these tv station awards shows mostly just distribute the awards to all of their stars for the year. And we have to face it that senior actors or more popular or those in the industry for a long time almost always get the top prize. I would have to agree that Joo Won winning an acting award(s

) from an idependent awards body would be better. So let's all move on and continue to support our Cutie this 2013! Who knows he might win big this year?

Joo Won - BIG Winner!

^_~

Happy New Year!! 새해 복 많이 바드세요!!!

You know, it's really strange......I hated the suit when I first saw Joo Won in it when he appeared on the red carpet. But as the night wore on, the suit looked more and more fine on him. Rather, he just looked simply ravishing. I don't understand....but I think it must be MAGIC........not the suit but the MAN

Thanks @stearly

I like wat cutie wore last night coz hez probably the only male artiste who stood out from the rest who were all in the traditional black tux except for PKW for his orange-coloured hair... wat a nice looking pair, dun u think so? :)) A pity tat they did not win the Best Couple award. I guess there is a unspoken quota to how many awards one can get, hmmmpphhh... X(

U know which is my fave moment in the ceremony last night?

Itz when they announced cutie bunny won the Popularity Award... the look on his face is priceless :)) :x He couldnt believe it tat he won and his mouth was open all the way when he went on stage. Hez so adorable... :)

When I wrote the final segment on Joo Won-"Loving the Man for who he is and loving him for the man he wants to be", I said after watching Joo Won act, some actors seemed to be "sleepwalking" in their roles. Well, the irony is the 2 of them has won one of the highest acting awards....so much for acting awards.........I'll go with my own opinions. 

U know which is my fave moment in the ceremony last night?

Itz when they announced cutie bunny won the Popularity Award... the look on his face is priceless :)) :x He couldnt believe it tat he won and his mouth was open all the way when he went on stage. Hez so adorable... :)

I agree, he was just shocked! He truly didn't expect it. His mouth was literally hanged open as he went up the stage. I also liked how we kept tugging on PKW just to hug him and congratulate him before PKW went up the stage. ^_~

I agree, he was just shocked! He truly didn't expect it. His mouth was literally hanged open as he went up the stage. I also liked how we kept tugging on PKW just to hug him and congratulate him before PKW went up the stage. ^_~

To me, his winning the Popularity Award last night is more symbolic and of higher significance than the other categories. this is bcoz in the other categories, the judges have a limited choice to select from the list of nominees, just like a multiple-choice question in a test/exam. Whereas, for the Popularity Award itz like an 'open-ended question' which does not hav a specific correct answer. It cld hav been anyone... cld hav been SJK, or the older male emcee, or PKW or even JGS who did not even turn up for the event. Wat U think? :)

Ma OO said:

As much as I am proud of him,I am disappointed with KBS.He deserved more.He worked hard for that drama.SSK did not deserve it at all.I am so angry and sad that I even cried for him.However,Based on JW personality,I doubt that  he will feel sad.He is just too nice..

Anyways,happy New Year.. :)

To me, his winning the Popularity Award last night is more symbolic and of higher significance than the other categories. this is bcoz in the other categories, the judges have a limited choice to select from the list of nominees, just like a multiple-choice question in a test/exam. Whereas, for the Popularity Award itz like an 'open-ended question' which does not hav a specific correct answer. It cld hav been anyone... cld hav been SJK, or the older male emcee, or PKW or even JGS who did not even turn up for the event. Wat U think? :)

Not exactly of higher significance but I think I get what you say. Although I'm not entirely sure of what the criteria were or who the contenders won (is there a way to find out? I' curious haha), but Joo Won did not totally expect to win it versus other actors who have long been in the industry and let's face it, more popular than he is. (I bet Joo Won will be BIGGER soon. Well technically he's already BIG)

as @mrdimples put it, I think he already knows that he'll be getting an award for his acting as expected from these awards shows. What he didn't expect was getting the popularity award. And thus the reaction from Joo Won.

Or we could look at it the other way and since the station cannot give him the daesan award because of their bigger stars, they gave him another big enough award to credit him for his performance, me thinks.

Either way, super happy for Joo Won! ^_~

mrdimples said: When I watched the show live, I had no idea what Joo Won won and it was confusing because of the different categories and so forth. His reaction was also not what I had anticipated. I have to rewatch it because I cannot really figure it out. To be very honest, he didn't look like he was terribly overwhelmed or happy. It was more subdued. I may be entirely wrong. But I trust Joo Won, he will know better that these awards are not everything. It is more like a chance to show his appreciation to those who support him and an acknowledgement from the broadcast station.  

ctfrsgp said: mrdimples said: When I watched the show live, I had no idea what Joo Won won and it was confusing because of the different categories and so forth. His reaction was also not what I had anticipated. I have to rewatch it because I cannot really figure it out. To be very honest, he didn't look like he was terribly overwhelmed or happy. It was more subdued. I may be entirely wrong. But I trust Joo Won, he will know better that these awards are not everything. It is more like a chance to show his appreciation to those who support him and an acknowledgement from the broadcast station.  

@mrdimples

same.it is my first time also.i even came back from part-time work earlier just to watch it.ah.still feeling sad.

And that 2actors u said,actually i liked them even before Joo won.but i strongly feel that Joo won deserve it more.i am very picky person.I did not watch any dramas without a famous actor.but most of the dramas,i get bored easily and tend to watch first and last Eps only.but bm was different.it caught my attention with just 1ep.Joo won acting was beyond perfect for me.at that time,i did not know who he is but i just loved lee kangto.after i knew that he is Joo won from 1n2d,i am dumbfounded.those two men are so opposite yet they are same person.

i was hoping that he will get daesang till the last mins.i am not sure how Joo won really felt but i think he is somehow happy based on his tweet.i really want him to be happy at all time.

mrdimples said: ctfrsgp said: mrdimples said: When I watched the show live, I had no idea what Joo Won won and it was confusing because of the different categories and so forth. His reaction was also not what I had anticipated. I have to rewatch it because I cannot really figure it out. To be very honest, he didn't look like he was terribly overwhelmed or happy. It was more subdued. I may be entirely wrong. But I trust Joo Won, he will know better that these awards are not everything. It is more like a chance to show his appreciation to those who support him and an acknowledgement from the broadcast station.  

Eventhought I like nice guy,but I think joowon acting is better than SJK..maybe KBS don't want SJK to feel lose because her co star MCW got the top excellence why he just got excellence..I'm happy for MCW,she truly desrve it,she is the best among other.

I just noticed SHJ looks like a proud brother when JW won his award :) But I just cant sleep yesterday night and still felt angry over the undeserved award for JW..His speech sooooo much suits the Top excellence award.. :(