Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

18 hours ago, kittyna said:

JW's greeting to the public after receiving the award (with English subs)

Okay, is it just me, or have we finally gotten the long-awaited Carter-look face reveal

You are not the only one I am still very excited to see that Joo Won finally appeared and could not continue hiding since it was an event for the Prime Minister and President for It seems that Joo Wonie went to the United States

• Like 4

Hello Chingus

Thanks muchly for sharing the news! 

I am so ignorant but why does JW need to hide his hairstyle or face for the show? 
Aiyooo … his hair… looks like back in his military days lol.. Anyway, cool JW! Can’t wait to see him on netflix, hopefully they will simultaneously screen his old shows ‘bridal masks’ oyakgyo bros and so forth… 

Stay well, chingus. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, kittyna said:

Okay, is it just me, or have we finally gotten the long-awaited Carter-look face reveal??? :Pandabulous:

Carter look or not I'm just happy we got take a proper look of his face after what feel like ages.. we probably didn't see his face since  he completed musical this year.

Also I think this may not be his actual Carter look because as far as we saw him in a leaked photo that was later requested to be deleted, his hair had some distinctive cut which is missing now. Also his drawing for fan support and Carter birthday celebration drawing from a staff also showed a similar hair line which is not present now. So I guess this may not be the actual hairstyle.. Though it could be that carter doesn't have only one kind of style it may change due to change of the timeline in the story.

FCokbQ0X0AUopOJ?format=jpg&name=large

But nonetheless long waited Joo Won face has been revealed thanks to the finance Day event this year. And also we actually got a short speech. Good to see him. :grin:

Leaving the original video link here-

And we probably all know.. Joo Won seems to be travelling..Travel or work whatever it is hope he enjoys his time there. He had worked hard as Carter.. Carter filming seemed to take quite longer than usual movies. Hope their hard work gets good result. 

Anyways there was a entertainment news on it today-

Joo Won, I saw something during the hiatus... Did you go on an overseas trip with Corona?

Enter 2021.10.27. 7:01 PM

0004499095_001_20211027195506401.png?type=w430view original

[OSEN=Reporter Park So-young] Actor Joo-won went on a trip. 

On the afternoon of the 27th, Joo Won posted two recent photos along with cute emoticons on his Instagram account. In the photo, he is walking with palm trees and the blue sea in the background. 

It seems that they went on an overseas trip, as passersby were not wearing masks. However, Joo Won is making fans happy by taking pictures of travel certification while wearing a hat and a mask. 

Joo Won chose the SBS drama 'Alice' as his comeback work last year, three years after his discharge from the military. In this work, he took on the role of Park Jin-gyeom, a detective with congenital apathy, working alongside Kim Hee-sun, Kwak Si-yang, and Kim Sang-ho. 

After that, he took a break and met fans through musicals, and is planning to make a comeback with the Netflix movie 'Carter'. 

/comet568@osen.co.kr

[Photo] SNS

Soyoung Park (comet568@osen.co.kr)

Link: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004499095

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

And we probably all know.. Joo Won seems to be travelling..Travel or work whatever it is hope he enjoys his time there. He had worked hard as Carter.. Carter filming seemed to take quite longer than usual movies. Hope their hard work gets good result. 

Anyways there was a entertainment news on it today-

It seems that he went to the United States I read a comment from a fan who said he went to California and now he is in New York

I really look forward to a new photo tomorrow

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Joo Won Award Acceptance Speech on 6th Finance Day on 26.10.2021

6OvKM3J.gif

"Hello. This is actor Joo Won.

First I feel honored to receive such a great award like Prime Minister’s Commendation on the occasion of Finance Day. I only did what everyone is doing. But to receive such a big award for that, I am thankful and happy. I have been saving since before my debut till now. I think this trait of keeping savings for a long time has been taken into good consideration. Again I thank you. I will try my sincere best to be a good example so that the meaning of this award does not fade away in future .

Thank You."

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJCFJgHynJw

**English translation with the help of Google Translate; not accurate**

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

It looks like JW was spotted during his current trip to the US.

Also, I know that I haven't done any sort of interactive/event for a while, but since it's still technically Halloween for me right now (it might be over for you guys because of time zones, though), I thought I'd throw together a very quick horror movie version of Scattergories!

Spoiler

Scattergories: Horror Movie Edition

You guys already know the rules: for each of the prompts, name which JW drama character comes first to mind. As always, you are allowed to repeat names, as this is just about going with your gut, crazy imagination, etc. :coolshades:

Note that some of these will ask for the JW drama guy (i.e. the character JW plays himself), the JW drama girl (i.e. the female lead in a JW drama), or a JW drama couple (i.e. the couple that JW's character is in). All of these will show up at some point, so make sure you read the prompts carefully!

One more thing: since there are a ton of different horror movie sub-genres out there (e.g. slasher, zombie, psychological, etc.), I'll leave it up to your imagination which type you go with. So if you want to specify that in your response as well, go ahead! 

1. The JW drama guy most likely to survive a horror movie

2. The JW drama guy least likely (RIP) to survive a horror movie

3. The JW drama girl most likely to survive a horror movie

4. The JW drama girl least likely to survive a horror movie

5. The JW drama couple you think would make an awesome monster/evil-fighting duo

6. The JW drama couple you'd like to see as the villains/evil masterminds in a horror movie

7. The JW drama guy you think would make the best horror movie villain

8. The JW drama girl you think would make the best horror movie villain

9. The JW drama guy everything thinks would die...but actually makes it to the end :glasses:

And, finally, one last bonus prompt for JW himself....

10. The type of horror movie character you most want to see JW play in the future

Again, there are no right or wrong answers - I just want to hear what you guys come up with!

Tags: @flutterby06 @Calli @kireeti2 @valinor500 @Tongtong @Andrea Balcazar @partyon @agenth If you know anyone else you want to tag, go for it!

EDIT

@partyon - Just got an idea for one more prompt, so if you share, make sure it's the version with 10 prompts.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

@kittyna This is such a great event idea! :glasses:

:cutekitty:

I am afraid that I haven't watched enough Joo Won dramas to answer, but I will attempt to anyway!

Park Shi On from Good Doctor. Even zombies would love him. :wub:

Cha Yoo Jin from Naeil's Cantabile. He just seems too delicate and high maintenance to even survive 10 mins. :D

Cha Yoon Seo from Good Doctor. She can operate on someone, she can survive a zombie apocalypse!

:wow1:

Naeil! No question about it! :D

5. The JW drama couple you think would make an awesome monster/evil-fighting duo

Our Good Doctors!

6. The JW drama couple you'd like to see as the villains/evil masterminds in a horror movie

Our Alice couple. Not sure why, but it would entertain me!

Lee Yoon Hoo in Naeil's Cantabile. Mostly because Bogummy has proven to be able to pull off a villain role.

Min Hee from Naeil's Cantabile because she would make the cutest villain. :D

9. The JW drama guy everything thinks would die...but actually makes it to the end

Omo! Not sure :grimace:

10. The type of horror movie character you most want to see JW play in the future

VILLAIN! PLEASE !

@kittyna These Scattergories mini-events are so much fun. Any chance you could let us Event Organizers borrow your idea and make it into a Soompi event?

:please:

tagging: @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart @Lmangla @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @sadthe1st @4evrkdrama

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, partyon said:

These Scattergories mini-events are so much fun. Any chance you could let us Event Organizers borrow your idea and make it into a Soompi event?

Like, make this specific Scattergories into a Soompi event, or the Scattergories concept? If it's the latter, go ahead - I wasn't the one who first came up with the idea either (saw it being used as an ice-breaker in real life, and adapted it to always be JW drama-themed for this forum), and it should be easily adaptable to all sorts of dramas, actors, etc.

But if you mean any one specific round Scattergories I make for this thread...it's hard to imagine something JW-specific appealing to the broader forum, so maybe just tagging people (like you're doing now) will suffice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

Park Jin Gyeom as it is a police and has the necessary training

Han Gil Ro I really do not think I could survive

The scientific Yoon Tae Yi

mokdan

park jin gyeom and yoon tae yi

majun and yookyung

kimura shunji

kim mi rae

The JW drama guy everything thinks would die...but actually makes it to the end 

I think I could be Park Shion

I really liked the dynamics I hope you keep doing this kind of games I really have fun:partyblob:

It looks like JW was spotted during his current trip to the US.

Not exactly a girl from Carter's staff I take the photo, she came out but Joo Won appeared behind me asked if they are still filming

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Lee Yoon Hoo in Naeil's Cantabile. Mostly because Bogummy has proven to be able to pull off a villain role.

Min Hee from Naeil's Cantabile because she would make the cutest villain. :D

8 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

kimura shunji

kim mi rae

Interesting - I didn't think you guys would go with supporting characters, but it definitely opens up a whole world of possibilities for responses, so this is awesome :Pandabulous:

@partyon - Not just Bubblegum (what my family calls Park Bo Gum - long story) playing a villain, either. Like, I can actually see Lee Yoon Hoo being a good psychopathic villain if he tried to be. The way he always made these really cryptic comments to the other characters and always seemed to just know way too much about everything and everyone...it was all good in Nae Il's Cantabile because he was a good person, but if he ever used that particular uncanny ability as a villain...*shudders* 

@Andrea Balcazar - I'm trying to remember who "Kim Mi Rae" was and I'm stuck. Was she the female assassin from Level 7 Civil Servant, or is my memory really messed up right now?

Park Shi On from Good Doctor. Even zombies would love him. :wub:

Cha Yoo Jin from Naeil's Cantabile. He just seems too delicate and high maintenance to even survive 10 mins. :D

:loolz: Okay, both of these answers just cracked me up so much, but for completely opposite reasons: Park Si On because I was totally not expecting that...and Cha Yoo Jin because I totally was :tounge_wink:

9 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Park Jin Gyeom as it is a police and has the necessary training

Ooh...I really love this one! Yes to more of Park Jin Gyeom kicking serious butt! :wow1:

Cha Yoon Seo from Good Doctor. She can operate on someone, she can survive a zombie apocalypse!

9 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

The scientific Yoon Tae Yi

Also loving both of your picks for these girls :approves:

Hopefully, there'll be more responses from others soon - but in the meantime, I'm glad you two have been having fun with this! :hooray2:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, kittyna said:

Again, there are no right or wrong answers - I just want to hear what you guys come up with!

Tags: @flutterby06 @Calli @kireeti2 @valinor500 @Tongtong @Andrea Balcazar @partyon @agenth If you know anyone else you want to tag, go for it!

@kittyna is back with event! :highonflowers:

Horror is a genre I avoid diligently but I will join in the event a bit later. I'm already enjoying @partyon and @Andrea Balcazar answers.. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

I'm trying to remember who "Kim Mi Rae" was and I'm stuck. Was she the female assassin from Level 7 Civil Servant, or is my memory really messed up right now?

Yes she is

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

Ooh...I really love this one! Yes to more of Park Jin Gyeom kicking serious butt! :wow1:

if you're right haha i really loved the action scenes i had in alice i was the best i was also hwang tae hee but i think park jin gyeom was really the best

I think it has an advantage to see all the joo won dramas I really remember even the secondary characters for some of the questions you asked nas I came up with some secondary characters that the characters of joo won

• Like 3

Okay, the Scattergories is still ongoing, for those of you who haven't done it yet - but here I am with my own responses!

Just an FYI: since @partyon already covered zombies, I'm gonna go with my own preferred scenario, which is the psychological thriller type - which, yes, does mean creepy evil folks playing endless mind games :naughty: (Honestly, I'm not a fan of horror either, @flutterby06, but I'm more this type than the gore and jump-scares type, so....)

1. The JW drama guy most likely to survive a horror movie

Park Jin Gyeom from Alice I'm gonna agree with @Andrea Balcazar here. I mean, he's already half in a horror movie already, what with all the crazy time loop stuff. Plus, if it's the psychological aspect I'm focusing on, then I think his alexithymia would be a plus: no time for anyone's BS because he won't fall for it anyway.

2. The JW drama guy least likely (RIP) to survive a horror movie

Gyun Woo from My Sassy Girl. - Bit of a surprise answer here, I know. It's not that he isn't smart - he is - but let's be honest: the villains in My Sassy Girl were...mostly just incompetent. Against someone who's *really* evil and at the top of their game, though, I think Gyun Woo's unique combination of (over)confidence and a strict moral code would screw him over. See, there's this Chinese saying that really jumps out to me here: 道高一尺魔高一丈 (lit: when virtue is a foot tall, evil is ten feet tall, meaning that those who are evil, unfortunately, will always find some way to outsmart the good, if for no other reason than their willingness to use unscrupulous means. And we all know there's a ton of that at court....

3. The JW drama girl most likely to survive a horror movie

Han Yeo Jin from Yong Pal - This would be a case where the hero (or, rather, heroine) ends up outwitting the bad guys and beating them at their own game.

4. The JW drama girl least likely to survive a horror movie

Seol Nae Il from Nae Il's Cantabile - Her innocence and kindness are her greatest qualities, but they'll also be the traits most likely to screw her over.

5. The JW drama couple you think would make an awesome monster/evil-fighting duo

Park Jin Gyeom + Yoon Tae Yi (2020) from Alice - I already figured Jin Gyeom would be awesome for this (see #1), but add the super-smart-and-resourceful Tae Yi to the mix (like in the drama itself), and now we're talking!

6. The JW drama couple you'd like to see as the villains/evil masterminds in a horror movie

Kim Tae Hyun + Han Yeo Jin from Yong Pal - I know I already answered Yeo Jin for #3, but in an alternate scenario where she, Tae Hyun - or both - turned evil (maybe her thirst for revenge gets the better of both of them or something), then I think they'd be quite epically awesome baddies, if I may say so myself.

Mind you, I originally planned #7 and #8 with the main leads in mind. However, since everyone else seems to be going with second leads and/or supporting characters so far....

7. The JW drama guy you think would make the best horror movie villain

Lee Yoon Hoo from Nae Il's Cantabile - Both for the reasons that I already listed in response to @partyon earlier, and because...I dunno, I'm just curious what an evil version of him would be like :naughty:

8. The JW drama girl you think would make the best horror movie villain

Nurse Kang (i.e. Kim Mi Kyung) from Yong Pal - No particular reason here, really: I just think that a story with her character as some secret evil genius would be really entertaining to watch.

9. The JW drama guy everything thinks would die...but actually makes it to the end 

Park Si On from Good Doctor - Everyone thinks that he's just cute and fluffy (okay, he is), but I also think he's got one of the biggest evil/BS radars out of all of JW's characters...so I actually think he'd be the type to see through everything and figure out who the villain is from the start. No-one would believe him at first (boo), but I like to think that he'd actually survive long enough to see good win out at the end.

10. The type of horror movie character you most want to see JW play in the future

Villain (especially if he's a psychopath) - I think that 1) JW would definitely be up for the challenge, and 2) he was already halfway there with Alice anyway, so why not just go for it?

Once again, this is not the end of the challenge! So if anyone's still thinking on their responses (I believe @flutterby06 and @kireeti2 are, at least), then feel free to share when you're ready!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

@kittyna @flutterby06I don't know if they realized it but in the musical ghost really with the final kisses from 2020 to 2021 especially joo won I saw him as a flirt haha since with ivy and park ji yeon he seemed to do that until he asked me if he was dating any of the girls I both wonder if it is because of the role he has in the musical since it is like that or just to promote the musical especially with ivy, his curtain calls were really very hot I'm not going to lie to you but this really made me feel so jealous of the actresses:crybaby:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 10/31/2021 at 6:26 PM, kittyna said:

9. The JW drama guy everything thinks would die...but actually makes it to the end :glasses:

And, finally, one last bonus prompt for JW himself....

Sorry I'm late.. But let me join anyways-

1.  The JW drama guy most likely to survive a horror movie- Kim Tae Hyun.

Reason? Look how much he survived through crazy ordeals from being Yongpal to working for 12th floor.. He is calm and has ability to quickly adapt to a situation and yet he isn't afraid to fight back when situation ask for it. So believe Kim Tae Hyun would be survive pretty nicely.

2. The JW drama guy least likely (RIP) to survive a horror movie-  Han Gil Ro.

I cannot not exactly pin point the reason but for now I feel like he'll be acting out of his excitement and set himself up on a horror trap.

3. The JW drama girl most likely to survive a horror movie- Dr. Cha Yeon Seo.

I just think it'd be cool to see Cha Yeon Seo fighting monsters- kicking, shouting and cursing at them.

4. The JW drama girl most likely to survive a horror movie- I have to go with Seol Naeili.

In a Horror films she's usually the type of character who dies making every one really sad.

5. The JW drama couple you think would make an awesome monster/evil-fighting duo-

6. The JW drama couple you'd like to see as the villains/evil masterminds in a horror movie- 

For 5 6 I'd like to recommend two couple in both category. I think they would look awesome as fighting duo also as villain mastermind.

Gu Majun- Shin Yu Kyung and Yoon Tae Yi- Yoo Min Hyuk.

7. The JW drama guy you think would make the best horror movie villain-

Cha Yoo Jin ... He could be a pretty eccentric horror movie villain 

Or Park Jin Gyeom too.. We have seen how scary he can be when influenced by evil force.

8. The JW drama girl you think would make the best horror movie villain- Shin Yukyung.

9. The JW drama guy everything thinks would die...but actually makes it to the end- Like many of you my choice for this is Park Si On too. :wow1:

10. The type of horror movie character you most want to see JW play in the future- Honestly I don't have an answer because I don't watch horror at all. Also I don't want to see him in horror. 

Bad Park Jin Gyeom was kind off horror and scary.. Also who knows Carter might give us horror feels.. Agent Carter will do his mission in a situation where Korea is affected by deadly virus.. So I can't say surely without watching trailer but this kind of virus movies sometimes have that kind of vibe.

And he did Don't click, That Guy already... So I want to tell Joo Won "Don't go near horror..":rip:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

he has in the musical since it is like that or just to promote the musical especially with ivy, his curtain calls were really very hot I'm not going to lie to you but this really made me feel so jealous of the actresses

Curtain calls are intentionally done like that. Curtain call is the only part of the show that viewers and audience can take out with them. They're allowed to take a video of only that part, the reason why we only get curtain calls not other parts of the show. As Ghost is a Romantic Musical they'd definitely try to appeal the audience with their chemistry so more and more come to watch their show. That's their way of ensuring sales. Musical has limited audience.

There were this particular curtain call that made me wonder if there's something between this Molly and Joo Won.. But then Joo Won said it when he came to Knowing Brothers that when he is on stage he is playful and he said it in a manner like he is calling the audience to come and watch the show to see what goes on stage. Honestly the more gossip and buzz a show creates the more new audience will be attracted. And I saw one day JW being playful, another day Ivy and another day Ji Yeon. 

Also we have to keep in mind on stage shows there's no way to redo things so actor's job is to give their best performance so things look real. So if we watch good chemistry and immediately think they must be dating we're actually underestimating their chemistry because there are like 5 main actors in Ghost. 

All these being said, I can't really rule out JW dating any of his co-stars just because all are good and pro actors.. There's obviously possibility. Even if there are any couple among them, it's hard to tell when they're taking turns on every curtain call!!  And I may not be a good judge because I am a little biased towards one Molly.

Spoiler

I personally like the idea of Joo Won and Park Ji Yeon very much. I liked PJY very much since the time I saw her singing Three Little Words with Joo Won. It was in 2013-14. But I probably saw it in 2015. Also Joo Won and Ji Yeon's promotion in KBS- Their voice harmonize very well. I loved the fact that this year they actually did the stage for press together, that way I could see their part more.. So personally I'd be very happy if they are dating.  :cutekitty:

And speaking of dating and relationship whoever the lucky girl is I hope Joo Won find her soon and they live happily ever after. I hope that girl is awesome enough to make Joo Won feel lucky too.:fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Curtain calls are intentionally done like that. Curtain call is the only part of the show that viewers and audience can take out with them. They're allowed to take a video of only that part, the reason why we only get curtain calls not other parts of the show. As Ghost is a Romantic Musical they'd definitely try to appeal the audience with their chemistry so more and more come to watch their show. That's their way of ensuring sales. Musical has limited audience.

There were this particular curtain call that made me wonder if there's something between this Molly and Joo Won.. But then Joo Won said it when he came to Knowing Brothers that when he is on stage he is playful and he said it in a manner like he is calling the audience to come and watch the show to see what goes on stage. Honestly the more gossip and buzz a show creates the more new audience will be attracted. And I saw one day JW being playful, another day Ivy and another day Ji Yeon. 

Also we have to keep in mind on stage shows there's no way to redo things so actor's job is to give their best performance so things look real. So if we watch good chemistry and immediately think they must be dating we're actually underestimating their chemistry because there are like 5 main actors in Ghost. 

All these being said, I can't really rule out JW dating any of his co-stars just because all are good and pro actors.. There's obviously possibility. Even if there are any couple among them, it's hard to tell when they're taking turns on every curtain call!!  And I may not be a good judge because I am a little biased towards one Molly.

thanks for the explanation I was really a bit distressed haha and that I kept in my head for a long time I couldn't forget the curtain calls they were a bit daring more joo won and ivy woau I really did not remember that joo won said that it is something really naughty I swear I was thinking they were both in some relationship or something

i

And speaking of dating and relationship whoever the lucky girl is I hope Joo Won find her soon and they live happily ever after. I hope that girl is awesome enough to make Joo Won feel lucky too.:fullofhearts:

if I agree with you I think I can connect more with park ji yeon and joo won I think they would be a beautiful couple if they were in real life I find it so happy fun similar to that of joo won but just like your wish that he finds a good woman Well now that I remember I think I should discard the idea that he is dating one of the two since on his birthday I remembered that the Carter staff told him he knows a good woman

• Like 2

So, as some of you pointed out already, JW was, in fact, in the USA for Carter filming rather than on a vacation.

[EDIT - November 5, 2021]

Sorry, but I do have to remove the Instagram links that I had posted here at first. Apparently, behind-the-scenes images from Carter shouldn't be shared openly like that. Apologies for the inconvenience to anyone here!

• Blob 2

27 minutes ago, kittyna said:

So, as some of you pointed out already, JW was, in fact, in the USA for Carter filming rather than on a vacation.

I was really surprised to see camila belle and joo won together is something I really did not see coming and also to mike i really think joo won must be very happy to work with hollywood actors

• Like 2