Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

4 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

7 days in a row with support truck from the fans great that joo won has support from his fans also very grateful to the joo won fanclubs that are supporting

really joo won is getting more support from his fans from japan than from korea which is his own country

Reveal hidden contents

Not 7 days in a  row.. there were few days gap.

Largest in a row number is probably 4.

Like there's one in 13th and 14th, then 15th is missing, Then we got one in 16th and today 17th July.

And his Korean Fans actually sent two trucks first time though.. which I consider is enough for support.

I don't follow fan activities of other celebrities much so I don't know the standard. But what I've seen from JW fan bases, fans usually send 2/3 support per project.. sometimes fan base send them jointly, sometimes they send it individually. 

The event happening on Carter is seems like a planned event from fans. They are sending one after another without much of a break. 

Thanks @Calli for the translation.. you're right about your count.. 10th support for Joo Won and 3rd one from Japan orange Moon.

I'm really enjoying thes eanimated emojis Hee's using.. :lol:

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I love that Joo Won is "spoiled" by all that love and he's come to expect the support trucks daily now. I wish we could send him one every day till the end of his Carter shoot... it must be exhausting filming all those action scenes in that kind of heat 

I love how Uri Joo Wonie is enjoying being spoiled by his fans.. The caption "you don't come now, I think it will be weird " seems like his way of joking with his fans and letting them know he's spoiled by them.

This is so endearing.. :heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRatWmPNG3S/?utm_medium=copy_link

Camera director/camera team member Yun Kyusung uploaded a picture on his IG story which clearly shows today's weather.. They're trying to protect their skin from heat by covering all.. I wonder if the continuous hot weather is hampering the filming.. I hope they can end the filming well in due time.. Hope Joo Won is doing well... Fighting. :evillaugh:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

56 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

haha I still think there are many more support trucks we just have to wait to see

31 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I don't follow fan activities of other celebrities much so I don't know the standard. But what I've seen from JW fan bases, fans usually send 2/3 support per project.. sometimes fan base send them jointly, sometimes they send it individually

10 trucks so far is really a lot! I've followed Junho's and Rowoon's filmings and I don't remember ever seeing them receive this many trucks from fans for a single project. I thought 5-6 trucks from fans are already a lot! And that's usually for drama shoots which normally last longer than movie shoots. And they usually also get support trucks from fellow actors... 

Joo Won's Korean and Japanese fanbases really went all out for Joo Won's Carter filming :') Amazing!!

I don't know if there will be any more support trucks but I think Joo Won is more than happy with the ones he's received already; though he joked it will be weird now if support trucks aren't coming almost daily, he knows he's loved even without more of them^^ 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Calli said:

10 trucks so far is really a lot! I've followed Junho's and Rowoon's filmings and I don't remember ever seeing them receive this many trucks from fans for a single project. I thought 5-6 trucks from fans are already a lot! And that's usually for drama shoots which normally last longer than movie shoots. And they usually also get support trucks from fellow actors... 

Hmm.. so even kpop fans don't send so many coffee trucks usually.. I thought so too ..5 support already seemed huge to me specially for movie Filming.. 

During Alice other than 3-4 support from fans, Joo Won received support from his close friends, his acquaintance from Golf.. I think he received one from Oh Yeon Seo too. Mind you Alice has been filmed for a long time, for around 8-9 months.

So Joo Won fans this time is indeed trying to make huge effort.. specially when we consider it's a movie shoot not a drama that goes on longer. I think all appreciate whatever is being sent.. and it's lovely to see Joo Won being so proud of his fans.

Also Joo Won birthday is coming up around in 2 months.. I'm sure fans has plans for that. Specially k fans are already saving up for I guess.

I wonder if they'd do a mural this year too.. I just noticed last year's mural is missing, probably because of covid. Birthday mural usually end up being joint project by all fans Korean, Japanese, Thai etc. I really love watching those painted walls with chibi Joo Won characters. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Hi

My bad! Second time I accidentally clicked and quoted images! Couldn’t seem to make correction. Not very polite of me to keep repeating this. I think I will give this forum a miss for now. Stay Well! Stay Wonnie! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Tongtong said:

Hi

My bad! Second time I accidentally clicked and quoted images! Couldn’t seem to make correction. Not very polite of me to keep repeating this. I think I will give this forum a miss for now. Stay Well! Stay Wonnie! 

Don't worry about it @Tongtong!! It's really no big deal at all~ It's so nice having you here :heartxoxo:

Park Jeong Sik posted his most recent youtube video and I love his new logo so much^^

spacer.png

Joo Won has a short cameo in it too, during the intro and here as well:lol:

Bildschirmfoto-2021-07-17-um-11-43-46.pn

He also explicitly mentions that Joo Won designed the little hulk and logo on the shirt he gave the new gym member as a gift~

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Tongtong said:

Hi

Same here! You're not in trouble or anything - if you quote something you shouldn't, the mods will just go in an edit your post. So you can stay and learn that way.

If it helps, one thing you can do is just highlight the text you want to quote and hover your cursor over it until it says "Quote selection". At least that's how it works on the computer. Also, if you do accidentally quote an image, you can just click on the three dots in the top right corner of your post and select "Edit". 

Point is: it's no big deal, no-one's in trouble, so please don't let this deter you from posting. Many of us also had a steep learning curve when we started out on this forum, and we're still here :hooray:

4 hours ago, Calli said:

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I love how Uri Joo Wonie is enjoying being spoiled by his fans.. The caption "you don't come now, I think it will be weird " seems like his way of joking with his fans and letting them know he's spoiled by them.

I do think JW's fans are going well outside the "standard" for the number and frequency of support trucks being sent. And I, too, am surprised, since I'm so used to K-pop artists being the ones with the biggest fandoms (or at least the most ardent fans) - but maybe that's more so online rather than on the ground :P 

7 hours ago, Tongtong said:

For those who watched wonnie’s  2D1N series, did you notice he had a habit of blinking his eyes too many times? It didn't seem intentional, perhaps he was shy ( or felt uneasy) ‘cos there were so many veteran actors in that show. However, after a few episodes, I noticed he no longer slouched and blinked eyes that often. 

6 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

i think that's why joo won is a bit introverted doesn't tend to talk a lot and blinks a lot that's what i've noticed

As @Andrea Balcazar said, JW is naturally an introvert (part of me is really curious about his exact MBTI type, but while I'm willing to guess for fictional/drama characters, I'm reluctant to call it for any real life person), so my guess is that that blinking meant that he was trying to assess the situation and figure out what was going on in terms of the group dynamic, how he should respond, etc. Once he got more comfortable with the 1N2D cast and set, he didn't do it as much.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Calli said:

Park Jeong Sik posted his most recent youtube video and I love his new logo so much^^

wow i didn't know that joo won's coach would have a youtube channel

It seems that the coach has become fond of Joo Won and that only 2 years ago he started training I think that no one can resist Joo Won's charms

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I do think JW's fans are going well outside the "standard" for the number and frequency of support trucks being sent. And I, too, am surprised, since I'm so used to K-pop artists being the ones with the biggest fandoms (or at least the most ardent fans) - but maybe that's more so online rather than on the ground

although joo won has a bit of fandom, they tend to be very active in projects

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

As @Andrea Balcazar said, JW is naturally an introvert (part of me is really curious about his exact MBTI type, but while I'm willing to guess for fictional/drama characters, I'm reluctant to call it for any real life person), so my guess is that that blinking meant that he was trying to assess the situation and figure out what was going on in terms of the group dynamic, how he should respond, etc. Once he got more comfortable with the 1N2D cast and set, he didn't do it as much.

Actually they are even in acting workshops curious I do not think that all the shyness comes out I say it because when I was young I was like joo won but as an adult I left it aside but it seems that joo won is still a little shy but also it is not so much

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It seems that the coach has become fond of Joo Won and that only 2 years ago he started training I think that no one can resist Joo Won's charms

Oh, Joo Won didn't start training with Park Jeong Sik 2 years ago. He already started training with him some time late 2013 or early 2014. You can see that if you watch his Life Log episode no3. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Calli said:

Oh, Joo Won didn't start training with Park Jeong Sik 2 years ago. He already started training with him some time late 2013 or early 2014. You can see that if you watch his Life Log episode no3. 

wow for a long time if I know but I mean diligently I try to say I mean that he goes to the gym every so often that is what I said before he only went to exercise but now he does it to have muscles I hope joo won does not exaggerate with exercise and get to Being like a bodybuilder I would not like him to be quite muscular like Kim Jong Kok and to eat well since now the training only eats chicken protein and yogurt something like that does not seem to be a good nutrition until the other boy who did sam he told joo won that his waist is very thin and eat more

• Like 2

wow for a long time if I know but I mean diligently I try to say I mean that he goes to the gym every so often that is what I said before he only went to exercise but now he does it to have muscles

I'll share this post I wrote back in April with you~ If you look at old posts from Park Jeong Sik's account you'll see that Joo Won was already training very diligently at the very least from 2015. It probably takes quite a bit of time for a body to transform the way Joo Won's has... especially with how busy he was back then.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Hi

@Tongtong, like @kittyna and @Calli said we are here for help.. so no worries.. The problem of picture quote.. I think everyone who used soompi thread for the first time has experienced it since the beginning of this rule.. at least I remember same thing happening with me. It just take a little bit time to get used to i. Ask us questions if you face any problem.

If it still feels complicated to you just mention the person whose post you wanted quote. and write what you have to write. to mention a person you have to just type @ and the persons name. For example if you want to mention me first type @ f l u t t e r b y 0 6 (remove the spaces in between each word) , you'll see me in suggestion when you type. click on the suggested name and no whatever you write to me and post, I'd get a notification.

Hope it helps.. if it doesn't do leave us follow up questions. 

8 hours ago, Calli said:

Joo Won has a short cameo in it too, during the intro and here as well:lol:

He also explicitly mentions that Joo Won designed the little hulk and logo on the shirt he gave the new gym member as a gift~

Oh interesting... it's definitely Hulk trainer nim's channel but why do I feel like we now have another source to find Joo Won content. :tounge_wink:

I  love how he was showing off his logo designed by Joo Won.. love it a lot. :glasses:

Also I love the bit about how he said it's important eat delicious food at once a week and whatever calorie gained from that can be burned out later. His fitness training doesn't restrict intake of food, what's more important in working out to burn that calories gained.  Joo Won also said in vlive he eats when he needs to eat. This means he doesn't really follow diet all the time. He usually follows when there's occasion or when he feels like eating food. but he would burn the calorie he gained later. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I'll share this post I wrote back in April with you~ If you look at old posts from Park Jeong Sik's account you'll see that Joo Won was already training very diligently at the very least from 2015. It probably takes quite a bit of time for a body to transform the way Joo Won's has... especially with how busy he was back then.  

woau I thought that year I was very busy because of yongpal 

since I saw some photos that looked chubby

2 hours ago, Calli said:

somehow I think more took time with my sassy girl to exercise since she needed to go to the army in good condition

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Joo Won filmed "That Guy" (aka "Fatal Intuition") right before Yong Pal and he intentionally gained weight for that role~

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

53 minutes ago, Calli said:

Joo Won filmed "That Guy" (aka "Fatal Intuition") right before Yong Pal and he intentionally gained weight for that role~

somehow I think more took time with my sassy girl to exercise since she needed to go to the army in good condition

Like @Calli said.. Joo Won intentionally gained weight for movie 'That Guy.' He wanted to look like a very random village guy. He gained around 8 kgs.

Which tried to lost later.

And when Joo Won started filming My Sassy Girl he cut down his weight around Kgs.. This time he wanted to lose so he won't look fat in hanbok.

Report from Coffee Truck support no. 9, 16/07/2021, https://www.instagram.com/p/CRbDLLjNDFQ/

kongji_c

21.07.16 #Actor Joo Won #Coffee car support

Even if it's hot, it's too hot..
Never been to a desert, but this must be a desert.
In #movie carter scene to cheer up
#Actor Joowon,  it was sent from @japanorangemoon

The day before yesterday I was told- boss, it's too hot here
I've been told many times to prepare well.
The staff and actors don't let the ice pack fall of icebox freezers (?= Took special care of ice box freezer so it doesn't fall short ) 
I went really well prepared.

We thought it would be ok because we are Africans.
I'm seriously hurt (?)

First of all, I was afraid to take out the table after arriving at the site
Everyone came out and piled up orders.
They ordered a bunch of iced drinks without a single hot drink.

Male staff (of production Carter) were all tanned as if their skin had been tanned.
The female staff are heavily armed with hats and towels.
I'm really caught up in the scene situation

The coffee truck location and the filming site were a little far away.
They were so busy filming that lunch was delayed too!

They came from the filming site at a late lunch hour.
You can see the coffee truck still on site.
Ordered again and ate.

The manager came to me and asked - Is it very hot~?
I said -It's okay, but sweat is already dripping down my face.
I guess it didn't look good
Even the manager would say that. this place is really great.

It looks like we'll start eating soon.
I made a lot of requests on ah tumblr for actors!

The actor-nim (Joo Won) also came and said hello before lunch,
Greetings from actor-nim  felt like an oasis in the desert 

This was originally scheduled to go into support in early July.
It was delayed due to the rainy season, so I came to support after changing the location
I was really glad that I came to support today.

It was too hot but the scenery was superb. so the second movie, Carter Support
I'm worried that the actor-nim won't feel eating much in the hot weather.
Hope you finish filming safely. Fighting ‼️‼️

Thank you for enjoying the meal deliciously.
We convey our hearts with sincerity.

#coffee
#Local coffee tea #Chungnam coffee tea
#celebrity coffee tea

ᴋᴏɴɢᴊɪ ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ
@j3__official @cafe._.stay

There was a comment in the post from a Joo Won who is in the organizing team. She said-

사장님 쓰러지실까뵈 걱정 많이 했는데, 이게 다행이라고 해야 할지,,,,,,,, 다음주도 잘 부탁 드립니다.

I was very worried that the boss would faint, but should I say this is a good thing (Thankfully boss didn't faint),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please take care next week too.

So 10th coffee truck doesn't seem to be the end of support. :open_mouth:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Report from Coffee Truck support no. 9, 16/07/2021, https://www.instagram.com/p/CRbDLLjNDFQ/

kongji_c

What a shame for the actors now to be very hot and more because they are filming like in a desert I think I hope they finish the filming of the movie soon

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

So 10th coffee truck doesn't seem to be the end of support. :open_mouth:

wau already enough trucks are sending that good for joo won and carter's team for the trucks they do not die a lot of heat for the soft drinks

• Like 3

It's 18th July.. Happy 11th Anniversary to our Joo Won Soompi Forum Thread. :partyblob:

0001169247_001_20200924173123148.jpg&typ

2913 pages in 11 years.. hope it'll move forward with more love and we'll see more people admiring Joo Won's work in coming years.

This thread has a huge contribution to my journey in learning more about Joo Won. Would like to thank all those member who had been there to make it such an interesting place to find out more about actor Joo Won. :heart4:

And thanks to existing members as well.. because of you it's still going on smoothly. :heart1:

And most importantly thanks to this person being soooo him.. Keep being you Joo Wona.. :heart:

BbJ33wYCAAAYgVr?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

7 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

2913 páginas en 11 años ... espero que siga adelante con más amor y veremos a más personas admirando el trabajo de Joo Won en los próximos años.

Este hilo tiene una gran contribución a mi viaje para aprender más sobre Joo Won. Me gustaría agradecer a todos los miembros que han estado allí para convertirlo en un lugar tan interesante para saber más sobre el actor Joo Won. : corazón4:

Y gracias a los miembros existentes también ... gracias a ti, todo sigue sin problemas. : corazón1:

Y lo más importante gracias a que esta persona es taaaan él .. Sigue siendo tú Joo Wona .. :corazón:

Hopefully we will continue to support him, I will try to support him as many years as I can, he deserves it and I hope that more people know about him.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, partyon said:

1) How you met Joo Won first? First impression?

Well, my meeting with Joo won was not straight forward. Before watching Joo won's "Good Doctor" drama, I first the American version and found it to be decent and when I heard that it was a remake of Korean version, and wondered whether the original one is as good as the remake.And then I started watching his first episode and I am not gonna lie, I cried a lot when Park Si-On said why he wanted to be a doctor, it was damn good then the American version, and then I got hooked up, I completed the series in 2 days, and then I re-watched it like for one month and never got bored from watching, the acting of Joo won and whole cast was out-standing. The most remarkable thing about Joo won is that, I was drawn towards him because of his acting rather then looks(maybe it's because I am boy), nevertheless, I personally feel he is dashing from all aspects. After re-watching Good Doctor like 20 times then I thought of watch his other projects as well, and my mind just blown-away, I was really surprised by his versatile acting and his dedication.(By the way, it happened in OCT 2019). So, this is my journey of how I was introduced to Joo won's acting and his projects.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, flutterby06 said:

2) (if you remember) at which point you thought you became a fan of Joo Won? 

Well, I didn't realized that I have became Joo won's fan until I frantically started searching for his fan fics, videos on YouTube and his next project, it's like, I sort of became his fan without my knowledge. I also admire his down to earth behavior and his dedication, maybe to these reasons I have became his fan

On 7/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, flutterby06 said:

3) What made you join Joo Won Soompi thread?

Initially I joined forum for his next projects updates and to find like minded people, and also if one is Joo won's fan, chances are there that the person will be polite and non-toxic in nature. And when I have joined this forum I was not let down, everyone was welcoming, approachable, responsive and accommodating(especially @kittyna). I am glad I have joined the Joo won's forum, and also this is my first time joining a fan forum, I never joined any forum like this before, and forum did provided me space to meet new people and talk about my favorite actor and share lovely stuff about Joo won

Lastly, I am glad I joined this forum, I was able to meet lovely people like @Calli, @flutterby06, @Andrea Balcazar, in fact everyone from this forum is well mannered and cool

On 7/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, kittyna said:

Some of you (especially you, @kireeti2) would know that I hold a lot of stock in those traditional Confucian values that still persist to some degree in Korean culture. And to hear JW talk about holding those same values and actually being proud of them...I was hooked. All my life, I'd just been made fun of by my peers for thinking this way, but here was someone from halfway across the world who not only understood how I felt, but believed the same thing?!?! Yep, I was definitely hooked :) 

Yeah, it almost feels like you and Joo won are cut from the same cloth:joy:

Also, I would like to apologize for my inactivity in the forum, I have been busy lately with my work. So, once I am done with it I will actively participate in the discussion on Joo won's upcoming movie "Carter" . And I am glad it is being produced by Netflix, since we can watch it right away and can get exact release date

By the way, I sort of feel like this movie is going to be on the story-line of "The Bourne " movie trilogy and also I am looking forward to his stunts and intense action scenes, now that we have seen few stunts from "Alice" I think we can see more of such action scenes in upcoming movie.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, my meeting with Joo won was not straight forward. Before watching Joo won's "Good Doctor" drama, I first the American version and found it to be decent and when I heard that it was a remake of Korean version, and wondered whether the original one is as good as the remake.And then I started watching his first episode and I am not gonna lie, I cried a lot when Park Si-On said why he wanted to be a doctor, it was damn good then the American version, and then I got hooked up, I completed the series in 2 days, and then I re-watched it like for one month and never got bored from watching, the acting of Joo won and whole cast was out-standing. The most remarkable thing about Joo won is that, I was drawn towards him because of his acting rather then looks(maybe it's because I am boy), nevertheless, I personally feel he is dashing from all aspects. After re-watching Good Doctor like 20 times then I thought of watch his other projects as well, and my mind just blown-away, I was really surprised by his versatile acting and his dedication.(By the way, it happened in OCT 2019). So, this is my journey of how I was introduced to Joo won's acting and his projects.

oh i didn't know you were a guy that you like joo won as an actor

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I completed the series in 2 days, and then I re-watched it like for one month and never got bored from watching, the acting of Joo won and whole cast was out-standing. The most remarkable thing about Joo won is that, I was drawn towards him because of his acting rather then looks(maybe it's because I am boy), nevertheless, I personally feel he is dashing from all aspects. After re-watching Good Doctor like 20 times then I thought of watch his other projects as well, and my mind just blown-away, I was really surprised by his versatile acting and his dedication.(By the way, it happened in OCT 2019). So, this is my journey of how I was introduced to Joo won's acting and his projects.

I am girl but if anyone asked what drawn me most first would be his wonderful versatile acting.. I mean there are quite a lot of celebrities in Korea that are just too beautiful, handsome.. But when people see Joo Won first his damn good acting of just attracts people right away and thus his good looks kind of become the next topic. And of course people find him more and more charming when they see how nice and down to earth his personality is.

I have seen too many comments and posts here and there about how first thing they notice about Joo Won is his acting.

@kireeti2 it's good to see someone finding Joo Won after seeing US Good Doctor. The only reason I think US Good Doctor is a positive thing (I have a problem with how westernized they made the heart warming story of Korean one)  is because it gives original Good Doctor a much needed publicity and exposure. This reminds me how Good Doctor ended up becoming the one of the most watched show of 2020 in online platform.

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Also, I would like to apologize for my inactivity in the forum, I have been busy lately with my work. So, once I am done with it I will actively participate in the discussion on Joo won's upcoming movie "Carter" . And I am glad it is being produced by Netflix, since we can watch it right away and can get exact release date

No worries.. Just stop by when you're free.

4 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

oh i didn't know you were a guy that you like joo won as an actor

@Andrea Balcazar While it's true we seldom see guy fans in male actors' thread, Joo Won actually has fair share of male fans in Korea. I don't know if many are active still now but there are at least few very active in Joo Won Supporter Fan base.

Joo Won actually gained a lot of male fan specially through Gaksital and then Good Doctor was popular to people in general be it male, female or kids, or elders. That become more prominent when he goes to street interview and when he performed in military during army fest in 2017. young privates flocked around him.

I think Joo Won's diverse choice of work made him secure wider range of viewers.. Joo Won guested on Running Man in 2014 and a Taxi Driver Ajusshi said he remember him from Gaksital though he doesn't know Joo Won's name. Joo Won may not have a large crowed of fangirls but he has a pretty reasonable viewership. Even the times when his project rating weren't the best it wasn't that bad either compared to it's competitor dramas. 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:25 AM, kittyna said:

lol - That reminds me that there was once this old article (I think Joo Won Cuties translated it...?) that was about how fans got two very different impressions from JW's two eyes. My memory is fuzzy, since I read it so long ago, but it was talking about how one eye looks sharper and more intense, while the other one looks more rounded and puppyish. It actually suggested taking a picture of JW and looking at one half of his face at a time to see the difference - and trust me, once you do that, you can't un-see it anymore

@kittyna I was reading through random pages and found the topic of his sharp vs innocent eyes mentioned in this post. I read it a lot ago.. Watching the comparison side by side indeed makes it more easier to notice how two of his eyes gives two vibes.

• Like 5