Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Ooooh, those photos of Joo Won with the little boy are soooo cute, thanks for sharing them @flutterby06:fullofhearts:

And for the Firefighters poster. I wonder if that's really the final poster for the movie? I remember we already saw it (without the title on it) when that article came out on "extreme movie" and were wondering if that could be Joo Won on it^^ 

I'm so happy Joo Won got another coffee/food truck from fans today^^ I couldn't tell who sent it by zooming into Joo Won's story, does anyone know? 

edit: I zoomed in again and saw it's from Royal Family~ Joo Won's Japanese fans are really amazing!!

So Carter filming is definitely not over yet~ I wonder if they're filming in Daejeon again today? 

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

lol - There's a vague "The name's Bond. James Bond." vibe to that statement, and I love it! 

Haha, that's the very same vibe I got from his "my name is Carter" too @kittyna:lol: If that's what he had in mind it's sooo cute!! (It's still cute even if he didn't^^)

I really also hope that his Chinese drama will see the light of day at some point. And that Firefighters will be released soon. But to be honest what I'm hoping for the most is that we'll get news of Joo Won doing another drama soon. My hope that we'll see him in one this year is kinda dwindling :(

• Like 4

Hi from Singapore! 

I have been JooWon’s fan since he starred in Baker’s Bread show ( goodness, I can’t remember exact drama name!). Didn’t just fall for his good looking face, but more for his amazing talents, sincerity, and nice personality! Waiting waiting for his new movie and drama…..

Edited by Tongtong
Error
  • Like 1
  • Blob 4

Welcome to the Joo Won thread @Tongtong:hooray2:

Wow, you've been a Joo Won fan since 2010 then. It's so nice to read your post! Just like you, I fell for Joo Won for the very same reasons - just sadly much much later^^ 

I'm excitedly waiting for both his movies too. And hopefully a new drama soon *fingerscrossed*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Calli said:

Welcome to the Joo Won thread @Tongtong:hooray2:

Wow, you've been a Joo Won fan since 2010 then. It's so nice to read your post! Just like you, I fell for Joo Won for the very same reasons - just sadly much much later^^ 

I'm excitedly waiting for both his movies too. And hopefully a new drama soon *fingerscrossed*

Thanks the welcome note, Calli. Me So clumsy, still trying to navigate this site. Ya! Fan 10+ years.. My mother, hubby, son and I love all his dramas inc 2d1N.. rewatched the heartwarming fun variety show when he was enlisted into army. It was also thru this reality show that I get to like his true personality more. Very unassuming and ‘real’ person. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Tongtong said:

My mother, hubby, son and I love all his dramas inc 2d1N.. rewatched the heartwarming fun variety show when he was enlisted into army. It was also thru this reality show that I get to like his true personality more. Very unassuming and ‘real’ person. 

Awww, how lovely that you're loving Joo Won with your whole family~

And 1N2D really made me appreciate and love Joo Won much more as well. "Unassuming" is the perfect adjective to describe him~ He's so sincere, real and warmhearted and being able to see all his wonderful qualities in the context of this variety show was truly a gift. I'm so glad he decided to be part of it and stayed with it for 1 1/2 years even though he was so crazy busy back then with so many dramas back to back, movies, photoshoots, CFs, fan meetings, etc.

Btw, you're doing a great job already navigating the forum^^ 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Calli said:

And for the Firefighters poster. I wonder if that's really the final poster for the movie? I remember we already saw it (without the title on it) when that article came out on "extreme movie" and were wondering if that could be Joo Won on it^^ 

It could be, because it looks like it's part of the general blurb for the Cannes pre-screening.

2 hours ago, Tongtong said:

I have been JooWon’s fan since he starred in Baker’s Bread show ( goodness, I can’t remember exact drama name!). Didn’t just fall for his good looking face, but more for his amazing talents, sincerity, and nice personality! Waiting waiting for his new movie and drama…..

Great to see you here, @Tongtong! And welcome to the JW thread!

4b888e0fdd2a30483624f21bdb86edb6.jpg

It's great that you've been watching his stuff for so long (I started with Kim Tak Gu as well, but not literally ten years ago), and that your whole family enjoys it together :) 

6 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

As I say, joo won not much drama ago is not released if he did more drama I am very sure he would be famous now at some point I resented the military service since joo won spent 2 years there and could have seen more dramas or who knows movies

Don't worry; you're not the only one ;) Many fans dread their bias's enlistment before it happens, and miss them terribly during. I remember one long ago post here about someone watching "[name] trying to act" and that making them miss JW and his skills that much more.

However, the enlistment is what it is. In all honesty, JW did very well for himself by choosing to drop the police position he'd successfully passed the test for and switching to active duty instead. That's not a choice to be taken lightly, especially not in Korea, and he won a lot of respect that way.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Hi from Singapore! 

welcome woau for a long time you follow him is great and since 2010 when he debuted it is quite like it when some fans say they are fans of joo won for a long time I hope we get along well:partyblob:

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

However, the enlistment is what it is. In all honesty, JW did very well for himself by choosing to drop the police position he'd successfully passed the test for and switching to active duty instead. That's not a choice to be taken lightly, especially not in Korea, and he won a lot of respect that way.

ohh if I heard that Joo Won chose to enlist in the military service and canceled the police position I think he did it since he would suffer several problems since as you say in Korea they do not take it lightly also as he did a patriotic drama the Koreans will him they have respect to joo won for doing the drama

3 hours ago, Tongtong said:

My mother, hubby, son and I love all his dramas inc 2d1N.. rewatched the heartwarming fun variety show when he was enlisted into army

Admas enjoy your dramas with your whole family is spectacular it seems that your family loves joo wo I'm glad to know that:blush:

• Like 3

@Tongtong, like all I welcome to Joo Won soompi forum too. :foryou:

So glad to see a long time fan. I'm a fan from 2104. First watched him in Good Doctor in 2013. Good to know your family loves his acting too. Hope we'll see you often here.

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

Agree with @kittyna in this regard. Not only I think army experience can end being a valuable experience for a person unless anything very unusual accident occurs. It helps people to grow some necessary skills that ends up being advantageous in day to day life. 

I feel proud Joo Won achieved so many from military sevice and earned respect because of all those achievements.

12 hours ago, Calli said:

This may or may not be final poster. Movies sometimes do have multiple poster and one finally ended up becoming final poster. We've to wait and see. But this version could be the one used for international screenings. And this is HD version of extreme movie article. If you remember that screen shot is taken from Acemaker movies's Pre Cannes screening list. So this one seems like coming from a official source.

http://www.acemaker.co.kr/en/press/press_detail6.html

2 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It seems that joo won movie is among the most popular projects and they added it, it could be that right now they are starting to release or sell them to other platforms

Thanks for the info.. :) So looks like Firefighter did made some impact on the screening.. enough to be featured in an early article.. so happy. :hwaiting2:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Thanks for the info.. :) So looks like Firefighter did made some impact on the screening.. enough to be featured in an early article.. so happy. 

Let's hope that when the movie comes out it will do well at the box office it would be good since the poor man always tries hard but the cinema never does well if not more in the dramas he deserves it if as you say it seems they got the go-ahead for the movie like that I'm sure this movie is going to be very good

• Like 3

I just stumbled upon a old post while looking for something in twitter. I remember seeing this before but I didn't think that deeply about it.

News: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/netflix-to-spend-nearly-500-million-on-korean-content-this-year-4138235/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Another is I found when looking at the Naver Blog post @Andrea Balcazar shared about customized costumes used in carter. It says carter has a child actor. See the link below for details.

https://blog.naver.com/7284991/222361632995

So this little girl would be a part of Agent Carter's mission.

Another thing is Carter is said to be 'one scene, one cut'  film ... So I searched for a bit. I can't explain it in technical details the process seems to be involving lots of hard work for each people who are in front and behind camera simultaneously. Each scene will be one long take.. each engaged staffs and actors need do their work well to make a scene successful as the camera will focus only on a single direction..

It's so tough to explain for me.. may be I didn't understand all the aspect yet too.

See this sample video to get and idea.

Spoiler

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Agree with @kittyna in this regard. Not only I think army experience can end being a valuable experience for a person unless anything very unusual accident occurs. It helps people to grow some necessary skills that ends up being advantageous in day to day life. 

I feel proud Joo Won achieved so many from military sevice and earned respect because of all those achievements.

Now that I think about it, it is true, he said that he did several things in the army which he never did outside since he was busy, it seems that he had more freedom, adenas won several achievements. I was surprised to know that joo won had many achievements.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Another is I found when looking at the Naver Blog post @Andrea Balcazar shared about customized costumes used in carter. It says carter has a child actor. See the link below for details.

https://blog.naver.com/7284991/222361632995

So this little girl would be a part of Agent Carter's mission.

Another thing is Carter is said to be 'one scene, one cut'  film ... So I searched for a bit. I can't explain it in technical details the process seems to be involving lots of hard work for each people who are in front and behind camera simultaneously. Each scene will be one long take.. each engaged staffs and actors need do their work well to make a scene successful as the camera will focus only on a single direction..

It's so tough to explain for me.. may be I didn't understand all the aspect yet too.

If from what I understood it is something like that, I think it could be one of the first scenes I saw from another director's film, the one I recommended a few weeks ago, I think they are referring to that scene. If the same thing I think I was seeing the plot of Carter and he said somewhere that he read said that he had to save someone, it could be that girl

• Like 4

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Well, now - that's interesting! The one-shot-one-take style has been used with a great deal of success in a number of films (one recent example off the top of my head being 1917 - I didn't watch it as I'm not big on war films, but I heard that it was the filming technique that made it stand out).

It takes a lot of commitment to make a movie like that, and now I can see why they wound up casting a theatre actor like JW. Like theatre, this is a filming technique where there is no room for error: if someone messes up, you have to either do the scene over again from the top or improv your way out of the mistake and back on track. Stage experience would make JW better at the latter, if I had to guess, but it would also help him be able to just nail his scenes from the get-go most of the time.

Also, now that I think about it, this would explain why JW wanted to take on Carter as well: as an actor, he's always been the one who looks for a challenge. ;) 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, kittyna said:

Well, now - that's interesting! The one-shot-one-take style has been used with a great deal of success in a number of films (one recent example off the top of my head being 1917 - I didn't watch it as I'm not big on war films, but I heard that it was the filming technique that made it stand out).

It takes a lot of commitment to make a movie like that, and now I can see why they wound up casting a theatre actor like JW. Like theatre, this is a filming technique where there is no room for error: if someone messes up, you have to either do the scene over again from the top or improv your way out of the mistake and back on track. Stage experience would make JW better at the latter, if I had to guess, but it would also help him be able to just nail his scenes from the get-go most of the time.

Also, now that I think about it, this would explain why JW wanted to take on Carter as well: as an actor, he's always been the one who looks for a challenge. ;) 

How I wish I could attend Carter Joo’s musical drama ‘ghost’.. If there were no pandemic, I would not mind spending the money in Seoul at all. 

21 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

welcome woau for a long time you follow him is great and since 2010 when he debuted it is quite like it when some fans say they are fans of joo won for a long time I hope we get along well:partyblob:

ohh if I heard that Joo Won chose to enlist in the military service and canceled the police position I think he did it since he would suffer several problems since as you say in Korea they do not take it lightly also as he did a patriotic drama the Koreans will him they have respect to joo won for doing the drama

Admas enjoy your dramas with your whole family is spectacular it seems that your family loves joo wo I'm glad to know that:blush:

Thanks Andrea. The crazy us re-watched Good Doctor when he was in Army. Thats because there was very little news on him. It’s either he is so supershy or his manager was taking a break. Haha.. 

On 7/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, flutterby06 said:

Yeah.. Joo Won dad we are missing because China on Hallyu content...

some platform please save it from china. :cries:

Oh found this on twitter... Firefighter poster. I guess it's a poster for international market.. remember we were talking about international screening.. Looks like we can look forward to Firefighter.

Joo Won's Ig story 2021/07/10.. Fans sent coffee truck again.

Rough translation with the help of Papa Go:

너무 좋아 = Like it so much

또 왔지 = (It) came again

오는건가.. 찌 매일= Are going to come.. everyday

고마워요^^ = Thank You

행복= Happiness

He gave us additional info- my name is Carter... ha ha.. as if we didn't no that! But it still feel good him affirming he's Carter.

Looks like Joo Won is the 2nd or 3rd ML in Firefighter. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images/ tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

The one-shot-one-take style has been used with a great deal of success in a number of films (one recent example off the top of my head being 1917 -

That's exactly the film that came to my mind when I was reading @flutterby06's description last night and I was just about to post it too before I thankfully realized you guys had already moved on a page in the thread^^

I'm even more impressed (and excited) with Carter now. The amount of hard work making this film takes is humungous, I'm sure. I hope we'll get makings and bts once the movie is released. And lots of Joo Won interviews sharing his work process~ 

4 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Based on the summary of Firefighters I rather think Joo Won is the new recruit "who is sent on his first mission with a lionised veteran. Tensions between the two men fester when the experienced firefighter disobeys a withdrawal order that results in a girl’s life saved but also the death of a fellow fireman."

The "lionized veteran" would be Kwak Do Won then. That's just my guess of course but that would make them co-protagonists. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Tongtong said:

Thanks Andrea. The crazy us re-watched Good Doctor when he was in Army. Thats because there was very little news on him. It’s either he is so supershy or his manager was taking a break. Haha..

but I see it like he took a long break joo won but well I think it was good since the previous years he was too busy and the manager did the same

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tongtong said:

6 hours ago, Calli said:

Based on the summary of Firefighters I rather think Joo Won is the new recruit "who is sent on his first mission with a lionised veteran. Tensions between the two men fester when the experienced firefighter disobeys a withdrawal order that results in a girl’s life saved but also the death of a fellow fireman."

The "lionized veteran" would be Kwak Do Won then. That's just my guess of course but that would make them co-protagonists. 

Honestly, I think it could go with JW being either first or second lead (or, as @Calli said, one of two equal characters) at this point, because it depends on what the main focus will be in the story. A lot of films do use the structure where the senior/older character is the protagonist, now having to deal with a junior who is idealistic, naive, or just otherwise doesn't fully get the tough decisions that their profession actually requires (e.g. the new "by the rulebook" recruit, which is sort of fitting JW's character's description right now). However, I also know that many dramas go with the opposite pattern: a younger person who ends up initially misunderstanding but ultimately learning to see things from his/her seniors' perspective (where the older character takes on a mentor sort of role).

Either way, I think it would be an interesting story: and the fact that Firefighter is going to do the festival circuit (starting with Cannes) is a good sign, in my opinion. Korean films seem to have been industry darlings in recent years (VeteranParadise, Minari...you get the idea), so I think that a ton of eyes are going to be on how well Firefighter fares as well.

• Like 3