Jump to content

Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]


Calli

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Calli said:

@Andrea Balcazarand @flutterby06, since you girls are talking about how Joo Won has been looking so skinny lately:

I was watching this really really cute fan video of Joo Won the other day, taken on October 9th, 2018, and I couldn't stop smiling because his English is just as lovely as him, but it also made me really sad because, even though he was looking so wonderful, he said that he hates his cheeks and his "little boy" face :( for one, there was nothing whatsoever about his face that could in any universe be called "fat" imo and also, as you might know (because I've said it so many times^^), I really love his cheeks to the moon and back.

Anyway, as I was watching the video (on endless loop) I was thinking about how... "cheekless" his face has been looking for a while now and that Joo Won might have been very determined to get it looking like this to get rid of what he called his "little boy" face :'( I really wish we could convey to him that his face was absolutely beautiful and manly even with his cute little cheeks still present but Idk if he'd believe us...

I just hope he's healthy always, treating his body like a good friend who helps him follow his passion and do all the things he wants to do~ 

 

Yes.. I remember this video.. It's good to see it again.. this is from Army Fest 2018.

 

And seriously I don't know who give him this idea that baby face is bad.. he rather have versatile face... The character he played prove that multiple times. Does he know how many times he makes travels us from mature looking Joo Won is to baby face Joo Won.. Does he know when people say he has a baby face it's actually compliment!

 

And those cheeks... High five @Calli. I love those too. Remember I said once he told if he had change something it'd be his cheekbones.. no way... 

I hope when he marries, his wife would love and praise his cheeks and baby face so much that he'd forget about this regret he has for not having more mature look in a regular day.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

And those cheeks... High five @Calli. I love those too.

 

High five back @flutterby06:hooray2:

I agree so much with what you said about Joo Won having a very versatile face, and that is such a rare & precious gift for an actor to have - in addition to all his other wonderful gifts (his acting skills and his voice (which is also very versatile)), he also has this rare "ability" to create a very different feel just with how his face is being highlighted, and with his facial expressions. @kittynahas also talked about this before, how depending on the angle Joo Won's face can look really different. 

I just love how he can go from looking all intense, mature and manly to sweet and baby within seconds... 

 

It's already past 10pm in South Korea. Do you guys think we're still getting a gift or was the Huanews bulletin about Joo Won's cover on the Japanese magazine (that we already knew about) the gift? 

 

edit: @flutterby06our Joo Won loving minds are so in sync, we posted simultaneously again^^ 

I started watching Gaksital a while ago, but haven't finished so far. Not because it wasn't amazing (Joo Won is beyond brilliant as Lee Kangto) but because I couldn't properly focus on it due to other stuff, and now it's been so long that I feel like I should start from episode 1 again. 

Thanks for sharing that video! 

Let's cheer up despite today's letdown. Joo Won will say "hi" to us soon, I'm sure of it :heart:

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@calli @flutterby06 I was really disappointed by the statement by God that joo won even update his netflix profile with his face is the only thing I want but not even that gives us there you should already miss him a lot

Joowon should know that we his fans already knew about the magazine but I want to see him in a drama too

6 hours ago, Calli said:

since you girls are talking about how Joo Won has been looking so skinny lately:

I was watching this really really cute fan video of Joo Won the other day, taken on October 9th, 2018, and I couldn't stop smiling because his English is just as lovely as him, but it also made me really sad because, even though he was looking so wonderful, he said that he hates his cheeks and his "little boy" face :( for one, there was nothing whatsoever about his face that could in any universe be called "fat" imo and also, as you might know (because I've said it so many times^^), I really love his cheeks to the moon and back.

Anyway, as I was watching the video (on endless loop) I was thinking about how... "cheekless" his face has been looking for a while now and that Joo Won might have been very determined to get it looking like this to get rid of what he called his "little boy" face :'( I really wish we could convey to him that his face was absolutely beautiful and manly even with his cute little cheeks still present but Idk if he'd believe us...

I just hope he's healthy always, treating his body like a good friend who helps him follow his passion and do all the things he wants to do~ 

I am sorry when I saw the video joo won was right because if he looked a little chubby in the 2018 event but there is a big change in the 2017 event there he looked very in good shape but I like when he is chubby that means He eats well joo won now if he exaggerates a lot he shouldn't be losing much weight I don't like to see him so I hope he will listen to his friends who tell him to eat well that he is very thin
Really now is when I miss that I am eating well

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure Joo Won is very busy working very hard on Carter at the moment @Andrea Balcazar. We know how he always gives his all - body, mind and soul - whenever he's working on a project. And we also know he always has a very grateful heart towards his fans. I am sure that as soon as he's able to, he'll say "hi" to us. 

I don't know what a "netflix profile" is to be honest, but I'm sure he'll post something as soon as he gets the chance and feels like he has something to share with us. 

 

26 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I am sorry when I saw the video joo won was right because if he looked a little chubby in the 2018 event

 

Really? You thought he looked chubby in that video? Haha:lol:, we probably have very different definitions of "chubby" then. Honestly speaking, for me, at his 1,85m anything beneath 75-80kg is too thin for a man (especially with Joo Won's muscle mass). But people's perception differs of course. And the important thing is that he feels well and healthy in his own body. 

Maybe it's his current diet along with his heavy training that makes his face look rather dry/cheekless? I've noticed that people who cut back on carbs and eat mainly protein while doing heavy duty muscle training can get that "all muscle, skin and bones, 0 fat" look. Hopefully he's consuming some healthy fats along with his protein though... haha, I wonder what Joo Won would say if he knew how worried we are over his health & diet~

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Calli said:

Really? You thought he looked chubby in that video? Haha:lol:, we probably have very different definitions of "chubby" then. Honestly speaking, for me, at his 1,85m anything beneath 75-80kg is too thin for a man (especially with Joo Won's muscle mass). But people's perception differs of course. And the important thing is that he feels well and healthy in his own body. 

I think I noticed it since his face was a little chubby than he knows how to be his face knows how to be a little thinner but not much but for some reason it seemed nice that in the army he ate well and by the way that video I am glad because he said Hello to the Latin American fans, I am mainly happy

9 minutes ago, Calli said:

Maybe it's his current diet along with his heavy training that makes his face look rather dry/cheekless? I've noticed that people who cut back on carbs and eat mainly protein while doing heavy duty muscle training can get that "all muscle, skin and bones, 0 fat" look. Hopefully he's consuming some healthy fats along with his protein though... haha, I wonder what Joo Won would say if he knew how worried we are over his health & diet~

Yes but how bad joo won he looks terrible when he does that, he should avoid doing a lot of exercise I know he wants to have muscles but already having too much is a lot

By the way, their agency publishes on their page to see some photos

I think this was the surprise but hey I'm glad since it wasn't just simple information from the magazine

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

:criesariver:

I want to forget about today's sad event... 

And Gaksital is sadder than whatever happened today...so...

 

1 hour ago, Calli said:

 

edit: @flutterby06our Joo Won loving minds are so in sync, we posted simultaneously again^^ 

I started watching Gaksital a while ago, but haven't finished so far. Not because it wasn't amazing (Joo Won is beyond brilliant as Lee Kangto) but because I couldn't properly focus on it due to other stuff, and now it's been so long that I feel like I should start from episode 1 again. 

Thanks for sharing that video! 

Let's cheer up despite today's letdown. Joo Won will say "hi" to us soon, I'm sure of it :heart:

 

57 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@calli @flutterby06 I was really disappointed by the statement by God that joo won even update his netflix profile with his face is the only thing I want but not even that gives us there you should already miss him a lot

 

I'm sorry, but what "sad event" happened today??? :surprisedwut: I'm so confused - and more than a bit worried - now...what's going on???

  • LOL 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a photo of that publication he looks more chubby I hope I am not wrong and I am right
18 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I'm sorry, but what "sad event" happened today??? :surprisedwut: I'm so confused - and more than a bit worried - now...what's going on???

look at joo won's crew said they had a surprise for their fans and they just gave us some good photos so i'm not disappointed

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Calli said:

You guys!!! There was a gift after all :partyblob: 

yaaaaay^^

 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=31817585&memberNo=31542741

 

And therein lay my confusion: I'd already seen those photos on Instagram, then came on here to hear you guys talking about a "sad event" and I was like, "Wait - what else happened that I didn't know about? Was there some sort of accident???"

 

I know that that's an overreaction on my part, but, well, things happen.

 

Case in point: I never told anyone on this forum about this before, but since it explains my train of thought, I'll just come right out and say it. Once, months ago, I stumbled across a troll "RIP"/condolences comment on one of those Instagram posts where JW's fans share new pics or updates. The thing that told me it was a troll comment at the time was that the date quoted in the "RIP" comment (e.g. "RIP Joo Won" blah-blah-blah) was sometime in June 2021. As in, right now.

 

So, yeah, I knew it was just a weird troll comment at the start, but still, even knowing that...those things stick with you, you know - so when I came here (after seeing the Instagram updates already) to come on to see you guys talking about a "sad event" - crying emojis and everything - yeah, way to freak me out, guys! :isannoyed:

 

Which means that, yep, I'm definitely glad that the "sad event" in question was just that the pics update was late. :approves:

 

[EDIT]

 

Spoiler

By the way, if anyone's thinking I'm messed in the head for assuming the worst...I don't blame you. But that's because something like that really did happen to me once: I got a really bad feeling that a time I saw a close family friend (like, close enough that I'd say he was a father figure for me) would be the last time, and then, a few months later, I got a phone call saying that he was killed in a freak car accident. So, um...yeah, I'm kinda haunted by those sorts of "premonition"-type happenings now.

 

  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Which means that, yep, I'm definitely glad that the "sad event" in question was just that the pics update was late. :approves:

Yes, it was definitely that

I just realized that I lose much more weight than bad I was reviewing each photo but I just realized that the makeup is what is helping in the photo there for God I feel so sad for joo won:crybaby:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys, I can't stop looking at the beautiful Joo Won pics we received... I know they came a little late but they're so beautiful. I mean HE is so beautiful, I'm floored. I haven't even gotten around to reading your posts, my eyes are glued on these pics^^

 

I love him in that white T (which is a Margiela Maison shirt!!) striking that thoughtful pose...

 

38.jpg?type=w1200

 

and I love him sporting that denim outfit with that tiniest hint of his sweet smile 

 

24.jpg?type=w1200

 

and I also reaaaaally love him in that soft yellow suit... this one actually made my heart hurt, I kid you not *hides*

 

15.jpg?type=w1200

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Calli said:

You guys, I can't stop looking at the beautiful Joo Won pics we received... I know they came a little late but they're so beautiful. I mean HE is so beautiful, I'm floored. I haven't even gotten around to reading your posts, my eyes are glued on this pics^^

 

I love him in that white T (which is a Margiela Maison shirt!!) striking that thoughtful pose...

a question how do you put the photos i could not put them

Yes, I am also surprised, he is very handsome

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

a question how do you put the photos i could not put them

Yes, I am also surprised, he is very handsome

 

You mean how I inserted the photos in my post? I just right click on the photo, copy the photo's address and then paste it into my post. 

 

It's not that I'm surprised about how handsome he is... I mean, we already know he's handsome. But sometimes, when I see him, it's like I'm taken aback all anew at HOW incredibly beautiful he is. And how he just keeps getting more beautiful, the longer I look at him *sigh*  

 

@kittynasorry for freaking you out!! I guess waiting all day for said gift and thinking it wouldn't come made us a little "dramatic" (speaking for myself mostly^^). I'm so sorry though about that troll experience you had... that's a really horrible thing to do, even for a troll :(

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Calli said:

@kittynasorry for freaking you out!! I guess waiting all day for said gift and thinking it wouldn't come made us a little "dramatic" (speaking for myself mostly^^). I'm so sorry though about that troll experience you had... that's a really horrible thing to do, even for a troll :(

 

It's fine. It didn't happen to me directly (as I actually don't post stuff on Instagram), but I saw that comment on someone else's JW-related post, and...yeah. Honestly, why someone would joke about something like that is beyond me: like, I get gallows humour and black comedy, but this really was pushing it. :confused:

 

35 minutes ago, Calli said:

You guys, I can't stop looking at the beautiful Joo Won pics we received... I know they came a little late but they're so beautiful. I mean HE is so beautiful, I'm floored. I haven't even gotten around to reading your posts, my eyes are glued on these pics^^

 

But, yes, my weird morning aside, the new pictures really are gorgeous! Not only because JW's looking as awesome as always, but just from a photography perspective. lol - I personally like to see angles and compositions that are a bit more unique, so here are some of my favourites from today's set:

 

Spoiler

ca656efccf38bcf0f57df8bdf78a9891.jpg

 

I don't know why, but I do sometimes like photos where the photographer's also in the shot like this.

 

4aa335688c343496bbde60b08e79d92e.jpg

 

2b0bff56fccc2d489840431c0191f5e9.jpg

 

And those of you who knew me from way back when will know this: I also have a huge soft spot for black-and-white photos of East Asians like JW. That combination of dark hair and light skin just really works well with this sort of photography.

 

b8835d7ca4b40da32c768bbd73dadadc.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I personally like to see angles and compositions that are a bit more unique, so here are some of my favourites from today's set:

 

All the photos you shared are absolutely stunning... my sister (who btw watched Yongpal in 3 days and declared this is her favorite Joo Won drama out of the three she's watched so far, including Good Doctor and Alice) also really loved the 2nd you shared. I personally also really love his little boy's smile in the third one :wub:

And the black and white one has such a James Dean vibe, doesn't it? I know the model made it really easy on the photographer but he did a marvelous job. 

 

I wonder if the 9 pages within the Japanese magazine include pictures of Joo Won in all those 4 stylings (all denim with forehead showing, soft yellow suit with only a bit of forehead showing, all denim with only a bit of forehead showing and white T (without the denim jacket) with his forehead showing)^^ 

No one shared any photos of the magazine so far, did they? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone, I'm pretty annoyed still ...but I won't talk about that today right now.. I've been annoyed the whole day. So I'll just choose to talk about good things.. want end today at a good note.

 

@Calli I'm the most dramatic one today.. so don't just take the blame on your shoulder.  :yum:

@kittyna, That's such a disturbing thing you came across.. what's with people's twisted sense of joke. :angry:

 

I've some favourite shot among all those photos released today. But I will just share the white ones here.

 

I want to say to Joo Won - You Look so beautiful in white... Tonight... ♫♪

(I mean it was probably day when he was shooting but I'm seeing those pic at night.)

 

37.jpg?type=w800_q75

 

36.jpg?type=w800_q75

 

38.jpg?type=w800_q75

 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=31817585&memberNo=31542741

 

I noticed it specially during Cantabile Tomorrow that Joo Won looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts.. but today he just look so beautiful.. sigh. :please:

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I noticed it specially during Cantabile Tomorrow that Joo Won looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts.. but today he just look so beautiful.. sigh. 

I agree with you it looks particularly too good in white clothes

@flutterby06in the first photo you posted it looks like a chubby face I love that

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

@Calli I'm the most dramatic one today.. so don't just take the blame on your shoulder.

Ahahaha :lol: I really think we were equally dramatic, but I'm so glad we can end our day on such a beautiful, beautiful note :wub: I don't think I'm ever getting over  h o w  stunning Joo Won is. Ever^^

 

23 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I noticed it specially during Cantabile Tomorrow that Joo Won looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts.. but today he just look so beautiful.. sigh. 

Absolutely... I love how he looks amazing in the simplest of outfits. No need for flashy clothes and accessories if the person in question is as naturally lovely as our Joo Won. Put him in a white t-shirt and jeans and he'll leave us breathless...

  • Like 3
  • Blob 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..