Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

In a photo of that publication he looks more chubby I hope I am not wrong and I am right
18 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I'm sorry, but what "sad event" happened today??? :surprisedwut: I'm so confused - and more than a bit worried - now...what's going on???

look at joo won's crew said they had a surprise for their fans and they just gave us some good photos so i'm not disappointed

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Calli said:

You guys!!! There was a gift after all :partyblob: 

yaaaaay^^

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=31817585&memberNo=31542741

And therein lay my confusion: I'd already seen those photos on Instagram, then came on here to hear you guys talking about a "sad event" and I was like, "Wait - what else happened that I didn't know about? Was there some sort of accident???"

I know that that's an overreaction on my part, but, well, things happen.

Case in point: I never told anyone on this forum about this before, but since it explains my train of thought, I'll just come right out and say it. Once, months ago, I stumbled across a troll "RIP"/condolences comment on one of those Instagram posts where JW's fans share new pics or updates. The thing that told me it was a troll comment at the time was that the date quoted in the "RIP" comment (e.g. "RIP Joo Won" blah-blah-blah) was sometime in June 2021. As in, right now.

So, yeah, I knew it was just a weird troll comment at the start, but still, even knowing that...those things stick with you, you know - so when I came here (after seeing the Instagram updates already) to come on to see you guys talking about a "sad event" - crying emojis and everything - yeah, way to freak me out, guys! :isannoyed:

Which means that, yep, I'm definitely glad that the "sad event" in question was just that the pics update was late. :approves:

[EDIT]

Spoiler

By the way, if anyone's thinking I'm messed in the head for assuming the worst...I don't blame you. But that's because something like that really did happen to me once: I got a really bad feeling that a time I saw a close family friend (like, close enough that I'd say he was a father figure for me) would be the last time, and then, a few months later, I got a phone call saying that he was killed in a freak car accident. So, um...yeah, I'm kinda haunted by those sorts of "premonition"-type happenings now.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Which means that, yep, I'm definitely glad that the "sad event" in question was just that the pics update was late. :approves:

Yes, it was definitely that

I just realized that I lose much more weight than bad I was reviewing each photo but I just realized that the makeup is what is helping in the photo there for God I feel so sad for joo won:crybaby:

• Like 2

You guys, I can't stop looking at the beautiful Joo Won pics we received... I know they came a little late but they're so beautiful. I mean HE is so beautiful, I'm floored. I haven't even gotten around to reading your posts, my eyes are glued on these pics^^

I love him in that white T (which is a Margiela Maison shirt!!) striking that thoughtful pose...

38.jpg?type=w1200

and I love him sporting that denim outfit with that tiniest hint of his sweet smile 

24.jpg?type=w1200

and I also reaaaaally love him in that soft yellow suit... this one actually made my heart hurt, I kid you not *hides*

15.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Calli said:

You guys, I can't stop looking at the beautiful Joo Won pics we received... I know they came a little late but they're so beautiful. I mean HE is so beautiful, I'm floored. I haven't even gotten around to reading your posts, my eyes are glued on this pics^^

I love him in that white T (which is a Margiela Maison shirt!!) striking that thoughtful pose...

a question how do you put the photos i could not put them

Yes, I am also surprised, he is very handsome

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

a question how do you put the photos i could not put them

Yes, I am also surprised, he is very handsome

You mean how I inserted the photos in my post? I just right click on the photo, copy the photo's address and then paste it into my post. 

It's not that I'm surprised about how handsome he is... I mean, we already know he's handsome. But sometimes, when I see him, it's like I'm taken aback all anew at HOW incredibly beautiful he is. And how he just keeps getting more beautiful, the longer I look at him *sigh*  

@kittynasorry for freaking you out!! I guess waiting all day for said gift and thinking it wouldn't come made us a little "dramatic" (speaking for myself mostly^^). I'm so sorry though about that troll experience you had... that's a really horrible thing to do, even for a troll :(

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Calli said:

@kittynasorry for freaking you out!! I guess waiting all day for said gift and thinking it wouldn't come made us a little "dramatic" (speaking for myself mostly^^). I'm so sorry though about that troll experience you had... that's a really horrible thing to do, even for a troll :(

It's fine. It didn't happen to me directly (as I actually don't post stuff on Instagram), but I saw that comment on someone else's JW-related post, and...yeah. Honestly, why someone would joke about something like that is beyond me: like, I get gallows humour and black comedy, but this really was pushing it. :confused:

35 minutes ago, Calli said:

You guys, I can't stop looking at the beautiful Joo Won pics we received... I know they came a little late but they're so beautiful. I mean HE is so beautiful, I'm floored. I haven't even gotten around to reading your posts, my eyes are glued on these pics^^

But, yes, my weird morning aside, the new pictures really are gorgeous! Not only because JW's looking as awesome as always, but just from a photography perspective. lol - I personally like to see angles and compositions that are a bit more unique, so here are some of my favourites from today's set:

Spoiler

ca656efccf38bcf0f57df8bdf78a9891.jpg

I don't know why, but I do sometimes like photos where the photographer's also in the shot like this.

4aa335688c343496bbde60b08e79d92e.jpg

2b0bff56fccc2d489840431c0191f5e9.jpg

And those of you who knew me from way back when will know this: I also have a huge soft spot for black-and-white photos of East Asians like JW. That combination of dark hair and light skin just really works well with this sort of photography.

b8835d7ca4b40da32c768bbd73dadadc.jpg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I personally like to see angles and compositions that are a bit more unique, so here are some of my favourites from today's set:

All the photos you shared are absolutely stunning... my sister (who btw watched Yongpal in 3 days and declared this is her favorite Joo Won drama out of the three she's watched so far, including Good Doctor and Alice) also really loved the 2nd you shared. I personally also really love his little boy's smile in the third one :wub:

And the black and white one has such a James Dean vibe, doesn't it? I know the model made it really easy on the photographer but he did a marvelous job. 

I wonder if the 9 pages within the Japanese magazine include pictures of Joo Won in all those 4 stylings (all denim with forehead showing, soft yellow suit with only a bit of forehead showing, all denim with only a bit of forehead showing and white T (without the denim jacket) with his forehead showing)^^ 

No one shared any photos of the magazine so far, did they? 

• Like 3

Everyone, I'm pretty annoyed still ...but I won't talk about that today right now.. I've been annoyed the whole day. So I'll just choose to talk about good things.. want end today at a good note.

@Calli I'm the most dramatic one today.. so don't just take the blame on your shoulder.  :yum:

@kittyna, That's such a disturbing thing you came across.. what's with people's twisted sense of joke. :angry:

I've some favourite shot among all those photos released today. But I will just share the white ones here.

I want to say to Joo Won - You Look so beautiful in white... Tonight... ♫♪

(I mean it was probably day when he was shooting but I'm seeing those pic at night.)

37.jpg?type=w800_q75

36.jpg?type=w800_q75

38.jpg?type=w800_q75

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=31817585&memberNo=31542741

I noticed it specially during Cantabile Tomorrow that Joo Won looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts.. but today he just look so beautiful.. sigh. :please:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I noticed it specially during Cantabile Tomorrow that Joo Won looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts.. but today he just look so beautiful.. sigh. 

I agree with you it looks particularly too good in white clothes

@flutterby06in the first photo you posted it looks like a chubby face I love that

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

@Calli I'm the most dramatic one today.. so don't just take the blame on your shoulder.

Ahahaha :lol: I really think we were equally dramatic, but I'm so glad we can end our day on such a beautiful, beautiful note :wub: I don't think I'm ever getting over  h o w  stunning Joo Won is. Ever^^

23 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I noticed it specially during Cantabile Tomorrow that Joo Won looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts.. but today he just look so beautiful.. sigh. 

Absolutely... I love how he looks amazing in the simplest of outfits. No need for flashy clothes and accessories if the person in question is as naturally lovely as our Joo Won. Put him in a white t-shirt and jeans and he'll leave us breathless...

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, Calli said:

Absolutely... I love how he looks amazing in the simplest of outfits. No need for flashy clothes and accessories if the person in question is as naturally lovely as our Joo Won. Put him in a white t-shirt and jeans and he'll leave us breathless..

Going off on a weird tangent, then - considering that @flutterby06 also mentioned Nae Il's Cantabile - I want to ask all of you guys: which drama role do you think had the best "look" for JW?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

which drama role do you think had the best "look" for JW?

for me I think it was in 7th grade civil servant I just loved his short hair in that drama and also in the first chapters of yongpal that hair he was wearing I just loved him and bridal mask my favorite looks

• Like 5

Before answering your question @kittyna(in another post), I wanted to share the Naver articles that came out today about Joo Won's pictorial and interview for vol 103 of "Mediaboy" magazine (I think that's what the Japanese magazine is actually called)

They all pretty much say the same thing so you can click on either one of them - or if you have a Naver account you can click on all of them, give a positive reaction and recommend the article~ 

http://naver.me/5PSpK3Wo

http://naver.me/5mY8z9DO

http://naver.me/GvkNGDsm

http://naver.me/GFpjwUi1

http://naver.me/5X97BlUk

http://naver.me/5bXtLEuy

http://naver.me/Gz5mJLp1

I thought it was really interesting and insightful what Joo Won said about happiness and why he chose Carter

Here's the google translation of what he said: 

"These days, I think a lot about whether it would be better to accept and enjoy life as it is, wouldn't that be happiness?"

(Alternatively I got: "Wouldn't it be better to accept the way they are and live happily, isn't that what happiness is? I think about that a lot these days." 

So I guess he is saying how important it is to be accepting of things/life/yourself as they are instead of fretting over what should/could be?)

And about Carter

“I read the screenplay, and it was interesting/fun, but how do we shoot this? Is it possible? I kept having that thought. I was so curious, so I chose it.”

That makes me so curious too^^ Imagine what that means if someone with Joo Won's 11year experience in filming dramas/movies (minus the time of his military enlistment) was wondering how that screenplay could be translated/transported onto the screen. I mean this is his first action movie, but it still must be pretty challenging to capture everything described in that screenplay. The whole team must be working really really hard, both during filming and (pre- and post) production. Fighting to all of them! And especially to our Joo Won~ 

Edit: 

Joo Won posted a really cute story from the Carter set on his IG a few minutes ago. He just writes the most adorable captions^^ 

I really hope he's having the best time filming this movie; growing as an actor (and human being). And staying safe!! 

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Going off on a weird tangent, then - considering that @flutterby06 also mentioned Nae Il's Cantabile - I want to ask all of you guys: which drama role do you think had the best "look" for JW?

@kittyna You meant-

1) Best look for Joo Won as in highlighting Joo Won's beautiful feature

or

2)the best look to fit his drama character most?

For 1:

I keep saying that all the look he chooses for his characters are all so well and matches perfectly with those characters. Personally I was awed by 'Cha Yoo Jin' most, made me awwwed right from the start like a shoujo manga character. Well the original character is from shoujo manga but what I meant Cha Yoo Jin gave me exactly that feel. And also not everyone can rock long hair sleek hair look.

I also admired the all beautiful cloths he wore in the drama including the ones he wore inside the house. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbwIcxfHaQWF2cGFSAV-0

I was total fangirl mode when I watched Cha Yoo Jin.

@kittynaAs far as I remember in one of your game I picked Cha Yoo Jin as character with best fashion as well.

For 2:

And if it's about the best look that most fitting to his drama character.. It's Park Shi On.

978277638_64858ef4.gif&type=sc960_832_gi

I won't add much to it because we probably all know why. 

1 hour ago, Calli said:

"These days, I think a lot about whether it would be better to accept and enjoy life as it is, wouldn't that be happiness?"

(Alternatively I got: "Wouldn't it be better to accept the way they are and live happily, isn't that what happiness is? I think about that a lot these days." 

So I guess he is saying how important it is to be accepting of things/life/yourself as they are instead of fretting over what should/could be?)

And about Carter

“I read the screenplay, and it was interesting/fun, but how do we shoot this? Is it possible? I kept having that thought. I was so curious, so I chose it.”

That makes me so curious too^^ Imagine what that means if someone with Joo Won's 11year experience in filming dramas/movies (minus the time of his military enlistment) was wondering how that screenplay could be translated/transported onto the screen. I mean this is his first action movie, but it still must be pretty challenging to capture everything described in that screenplay. The whole team must be working really really hard, both during filming and (pre- and post) production. Fighting to all of them! And especially to our Joo Won~ 

I agree with your words @Calli.

We've got nice article to read after a long time. Thanks for sharing. 

I always love this simplistic mindset Joo Won has about life and happiness.. the way he stress on the fact that happiness is far more important.

And the quote about Carter reminds me of a radio show Joo Won did just the night of Alice first broadcast. He was asked how he chose his scripts. He said-

The character that makes me curious, makes me wonder how I would play it, or even if I'm not the one who's playing it how it'd be played by someone else.

Over all a script that makes him wonder and excite a lot about how to make it happen.

So Carter gives him that feel I see. How can such a movie be made? Is it possible?

1 hour ago, Calli said:

Joo Won posted a really cute story from the Carter set on his IG a few minutes ago. He just writes the most adorable captions^^ 

Oh.. I love the carter chair..:thumbsup:

57 minutes ago, Calli said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, but how is he t h i s cute and t h i s handsome all at once??

That my friend is a ancient unsolved mystery.. :selfie:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, kittyna said:

I want to ask all of you guys: which drama role do you think had the best "look" for JW?

I can't pick :( I tried. But I can't...

I agree with @Andrea Balcazarthat Joo Won looked amazing as Han Gilro. (I personally even liked him in that Vulcan startrek hairstyle he had for a while^^)

Spoiler

Gilro-DC-Gal-sc-22-white-angel.jpg

And just like @flutterby06, Cha Yoojin really gave me the butterflies. Big time.

Spoiler

cantabile-tomorrow-009.png?resize=611,34

cantabile-tomorrow-004.png?resize=611,34

And there's no denying that Joo Won's look for the role of Park Si On fit the character perfectly(!!), so I agree again with @flutterby06and @kireeti2. The toll his commitment to bringing Si On to life took on Joo Won's body is something I'll forever be in awe of.

Spoiler

Good-Doctor-still-1.jpg

Good-Doctor-still-2.jpg

I know this one is a behind-the-scenes pic and technically doesn't count but it's one of my all-time favorite Joo Won pics ever :wub:

But honestly, I think Joo Won had the perfect look for each one of the characters I've seen him play. 

This is neither a good nor a fun answer but it's the only one I have^^

When I think of Baker King for example, how Joo Won looked so skinny back then but somehow his whole look, along with his wardrobe, was perfect for suave, seemingly cold and inwardly conflicted Majun.

Spoiler

Bread-Love-and-Dreams-Ep-9-8.png

Bread-Love-and-Dreams-Ep-9-13.png

And then there's Lee Kangto, lovely Kim Taehee and of course chiseled, stunning, oozing masculinity Park Jingyeom who all had me screencapping and pic-saving non-stop^^ 

Spoiler

Gaksital-sc-DCGal-profile.jpg

Image-1.jpg

14.jpg?type=w1200

(again a behind-the-scenes pic but you get my point^^) 

I will say though that amongst all the Joo Won dramas I've watched, I felt Yongpal was the drama where, as the episodes progressed, I thought I could almost trace Joo Won's growing physical tiredness in his face and a little bit even in his posture... 

ps: sorry for posting so many pics, I was actually trying to keep it short, lol^^

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Calli said:

I will say though that amongst all the Joo Won dramas I've watched, I felt Yongpal was the drama where, as the episodes progressed, I thought I could almost trace Joo Won's growing physical tiredness in his face and a little bit even in his posture... 

That's because Yong Pal was one of the most intense dramas JW's ever been in, filming-wise. It was a live shoot (which is hectic to begin with) and featured a story where Kim Tae Hyun (i.e. JW) was in the vast majority of scenes. This meant that they could only make minimal use of the typical Team A/Team B sort of filming, as JW had to be physically present most of the time. This led to a super-busy back-to-back schedule where JW wound up working around the clock for several days at a time.

So if that shows in his appearance, there is actually a reason behind it beyond it making sense for his character (which it does, actually).

By the way, so far, everyone (@Calli, @Andrea Balcazar, @kireeti2, @flutterby06) has had really interesting responses so far. @partyon, @JooWon89, I'm curious what you guys think too. Just a recap: the question I threw out there was which drama role do you think had the best "look" for JW?

As for me personally, I also can't really pick *one*. I do think that JW's characters can be grouped together in some ways for comparison, so I'm gonna do this as formal/business wear, and casual wear.

(In Spoilers because I can't promise I'll just stick to three pics :P)

Spoiler

For formal/business wear, I think my favourite is Cha Yoo Jin. This actually far predates my interest in Hallyu, actually: I've always been a fan of that vaguely-British "dark academia" fashion style (before the term "dark academia" even existed), and that is how I'd describe most of Cha Yoo Jin's everyday look.

76c1551fba9a6b854826713fc5e5c79d.jpg

a9180b28f57b35c6d8125802c48175cd.jpg

And that's not even getting into what Cha Yoo Jin looks like once he gets "dressed up" - even though, in actuality, the tailcoat they put him is a terrible fit (like, once you know what to look for, you can't un-see how "off" it is :P), he still looks amazing in it. And, as much as I know you guys were worrying about JW's uber-slim-waist in earlier comments...that is the main feature of his that makes the tails work.

a18009f52c9e1d2821dd07055f4b752a.jpg

By the way, if anyone's interested, I did this whole spiel about the tailcoat in the Author's Note for one of my fanfics. Even if fanfic isn't your thing, you can still take a look at that, as I explain it all there ;) 

And, I've talked about his hairstyle countless times, so you guys already know what I think of it. Writer's imagination on my part is that Cha Yoo Jin's hair is naturally wavy (because I see him as someone who's fastidious, but not vain to the point of actually getting his hair permed), and I thought incorporating that into his appearance added to that vaguely European-inspired flair.

ee1ef8610474524bf92ca8d2c4afb7eb.jpg

Moving on to my favourite "casual" look for JW's characters...I used to say Kim Tae Hyun, but I actually think that with AlicePark Jin Gyeom has edged him out to the top spot on my list. I don't know why I think this, I just think that JW pulls off the pieces he wears as Jin Gyeom really, really well.

84946adbb4de3871a06109957aac9d59.jpg

bd7d01d16c3e2e83355ba24e2754d733.jpg

f0f3246ba635f4eee8613e02dee67670.jpg

1 hour ago, Calli said:

And then there's Lee Kangto,

I have to say that I really liked Lee Kang To's look in Gaksital, but I was really hoping to see him in kimono at least once in the drama. But...nope, didn't happen :P 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1