• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, Park Jin Gyeom was my first choice as well for "Terrible Dad" question, but I had changed it because technically he cannot father a child and it is highly unlikely for him to adopt as well. Coming to my Gu Ma Jun answer, I do think he's gonna be good father, but I choose him after comparing him with other male lead's, like I am not saying he will be terrible dad per se, but out of all the character he can terrible when we compare him with others

Okay, this might be a terribly terribly stupid question, especially considering I watched Alice twice, but why can't PJG "technically" become a father? :huh: Haha, I'm probably missing something huge right now and coming off as the worst JW fan ever but I'm so clueless I just had to ask^^

As far as Majun goes though, for me, the way he told his biological father in the final episode how much he wanted, even if it had been just once, for him to be someone he could look up to and respect, told me that he understood deeply how important that is for a child. So I'm thinking that if he became a father he would very much want to be someone his children could respect and look up to.  Also, the way he said goodbye to his mom telling her "if you don't change, you'll always be miserable" showed that he very clearly distanced himself from her values and her "methods" of raising him. And then there's the way he freely admitted to Yookyung that he had been a jerk and the only reason he hurt her was because he was afraid of getting hurt himself, and that he loved her (he told her several times in fact) that showed how he came to the realization of how important it is telling the people around him how he truly feels instead of continuing putting up his defenses that only lead to misunderstandings and misery. 

So, all that makes me feel that Majun would very much try not to repeat his parents' mistakes and be a better father himself, giving his children what he himself never received from his parents but knows is vital for a child's happiness and wellbeing.

I love reading everyone's pov on @kittyna's father's day edition of scattegories. Lots of food for thought~ 

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Call me a sadist, because this really cracked me up for some reason :loolz:Maybe it's just that, after what I've just said about this same character in response to @partyon's poll, the way you worded this was just cathartic.

I'm glad my phrasing made you laugh, @kittyna:lol: Tbh I felt very intensely about Yoojin's dad while watching Naeil's Cantabile, but I have to admit the cultural implication of him being "the stereotypical 'Asian Dad' on steroids" was lost on me...to me he was just a crappy, crappy dad :( Now that I see there's more to it, it definitely adds another layer (albeit a heartbreaking one) to their relationship. Makes me wonder how Yoojin's dad was raised by his father...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2
6 hours ago, partyon said:

MINI-EVENT: SCATTERGORIES - FATHER'S DAY EDITION

Chingus, please participate in our Joo Won Scattergories event. All credit for the event goes to @kittyna who came up with the event idea and created all content. :kiss_wink:

Oh..what a nice idea. Thanks @kittynaand @partyon for making this event. :heartxoxo:

I also have to admit picking dads/dad Figueres in many options is quite easy because we have lots unusual father figures in Joo Won dramas. ha ha... 

So here's my take on Scattergories-Father's Day Edition.. 

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Prompts:

1. My favorite JW drama dad

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

1. Most favorite Joo Won drama dad so far is Go Hyeon Seok(Alice)... I've talked about Jin Gyeom and Ajusshis precious relationship countless time before.. But I felt it wasn't enough. I loved how Ajusshi had this influence on Jin Gyeom that helped him to grow up to be who he was. I just loved how he and his wife took care of him as if he was a family and Jin Gyeom eventually considered them his own family.

There's this confession from Jin Gyeom made me very emotional when he says to Go Hyun Seok "I didn't want to leave your home. you asked me to leave."  This indicates how Jin Gyeom felt at home in his place. Even tho living alone/independently may seem to be a right choice for him after he's in that age but in reality he didn't want to leave. He left only because Ajusshi wanted get his own place which will be convenient for Ajusshi to get a daughter-in-law hopefully Do Yeon, sooner. 

And My honorable mention Choi Woo Seok, Hospital Director (Good Doctor).. Without him our Park Sion would face who knows what! Thank You

2. Least favorite Joo Won dad are- Dads from Good Doctor and Yong Pal both were abusers.

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama... I know we're doing this for Fathers' day but can I add Head Nurse from Yong Pal. Because she was very engaging with him and also guiding him through right/wrong whenever she felt it necessary. In my mind she was a parental figure for Tae Hyun a great one.

Apart from that a big thumbs up to Hospital Director from Good Doctor. He was really a very favorite parental figure. 

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama Hwang Chang Sik-Tae Hee from Ojakgyo Brothers. I will put my explanation hidden in case anyone wouldn't like spoilers.

Spoiler

He was actually Joo Won's Character's paternal uncle. It was very touching to see how he and his wife took in Hwang Tae Hee and nurtured him as their own child. They tried give him the best of things so he would not feel left out. Tae Hee in turn respected them a lot, he always considered their well being. When he grew up he actually become the one who his dad(Chang Sik) would rely more regarding important things than his other brothers. Their relationship was very wholesome. I loved it that he was such a nice father to Tae Hee.

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad is Park Sion (Good Doctor).It might be a bit difficult for Park Sion to be adjusting to fatherhood but I imagine he'd be great. He has heart that's ready to give love and care to everyone and he loves child... And he'd be a cool parent teaching his kids how to be considerate, compassionate and everything nice.

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad- Terrible as in just bad is difficult to imagin..because in a way all Joo Won drama characters character grew up to better than who they were.. So even antagonist Majun in my opinion would try to be a good dad because he never had one and he craved love.

Terrible as in not know how to handle a kid, it'd be Cha Yoo Jin from Cantabile Tomorrow. He'd probably be at a loss how to tame a kid and leave the job to Naeli.. But sure Naeli would teach their kids to bug their father even if he seems aloof.. and together they'd bug Cha Yoo Jin every now and then.

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad would be Kim Tae Hyun. Well, he's just so cool, isn't he? and down to earth.. And if the kid got to know about how his/her dad used to be a doctor for Gangs, kid would probably start seeing his/her dad as a superhero.

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad....... For strict dad I have 2 in mind.

a) Park Jin Gyeom before reset(Alice)

b)Gyun Woo (My Sassy Girl)

I think they'll be strict because they value order in their life.. so they'd probably be the type who wants their kid to grow up properly. Both probably have different reason like Jin Gyeom may be careful to raise his kids fearing them inheriting his alexithymia and  Gyun Woo would like his royal kids to be a good example in front of all people.

10. The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)... Again I've 2 dad's in mind. But in both case I want the Joo Won character there alongside him.

a) Go Hyun Seok.. I sometimes think how it'd be if Ajusshi was still alive leaving with Jin Gyeom without the pressure of time travel on his shoulder. 

b) Yoo Min Hyuk ...having a chance to make things right- with Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom.. All of them alive.. Jin Gyeom getting along with Min Hyuk. 

But in all of this I'd actually want Park Jin Gyeom with alexithymia, our original Park Jin Gyeom without a reset there. It would be nice if he'd finally be truly happy with people who are precious to him.

and I'm with @LeftCoastOppa on Do Yeon being present in the Spin Off.. Being bestest friend with Park Jin Gyeom and may be more.

5 hours ago, agenth said:

POLL: Father's Day with Joo Won

In honour of Father's Day and due to @kittyna's idea, here is a quick poll for everyone to reminisce about Joo Won's dramas and the portryal of fathers and father figures in them.  

You can choose as many as you want, and do consider the third question especially if nobody in questions 1 and 2 appeals to you.

1. Who is the most fun father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

In answer to this question I voted for 2 options.. Go Hyun Seok and Someone else. That someone else would be Father Figure in Ojakgyo Brother. He's actually pretty fun and good father to Tae Hee.

soo....I'm done... now let me read what others have put in their scattergories... :daydream:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1
3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Oh, I though this was your response, my bad

Well, you'll get that chance now, because here are my answers!

1. My favorite JW drama dad

Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice. True, he didn't really get much of a chance to actually be Jin Gyeom's dad, and he's not the "best" dad by a long shot - but out of all the JW drama dads I've seen so far, he is the one whose character arc most interested me (i.e., I'm answering with my "writer's mind" ;)). His initial reaction to Yoon Tae Yi's pregnancy made me want to hate him, but he was also such a genuinely good person that I couldn't - and then once he found out Jin Gyeom was his son, his attempts to make up for lost time just tugged at my heartstrings...as did the ending :criesariver: Seriously, guys, if you ever want an example of my belief that the most heartbreaking tragedies are the ones where good people make terrible mistakes and end up having to pay for them, this is it.

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

Kim Tae Hyun's dad from Yong Pal. Not only was he a physically and emotionally abusive alcoholic and gangster (wow - way for the scriptwriters to pile on the angst), but I have an especial hatred for those people who could be completely awful...yet never once take responsibility for their actions or see how wrong they've been. :onfirex: (At least Park Si On's dad sort-of-kind-of comes around by the end.)

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

lol - You guys already brought up some of the most awesome ones (i.e. Director Choi and Go Hyung Seok), so I'm going to go out on a limb here and bring up someone different: Master Pal Bong from King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu. He was the first real "paternal figure" sort of character that stood out to me when I started watching K-dramas back in 2015, and the way he was stern-but-loving towards Gu Ma Jun played a huge role in Ma Jun's redemptive arc. Which, by the way, is still one of the most satisfying character turn-arounds I've seen to date.

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

I don't have an absolute favourite (because all the good relationships were awesome in their respective ways), but one of the ones I liked that hasn't been mentioned yet was the one between Gyun Woo and his father in My Sassy Girl. It's not perfect by any means - both certainly made their mistakes, both in the past and the present - but I did see here a case where a father really honestly tried his best to raise his son to be a resilient and morally upright person. He certainly played a far bigger role in that side of Gyun Woo's personality than anyone else who raised him ;) 

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Kim Tae Hyun from Yong Pal. There are a few reasons for this. First of all, I think that he'd try his best to be a great father simply to give his kids something that he never received growing up. Secondly, seeing how awesome an Oppa he is, as well as an awesome "uncle" for the church kids, I just think seeing him as a dad would be freaking adorable. And thirdly, it's not so much that I want to see him as a dad as it is that I want to see Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin as parents. Even though, in my imagination, it would actually be rather difficult for them to have kids (mostly due a combination of Yeo Jin's frail health and Tae Hyun's determination to protect her), if they ever did or, alternately, if they ever chose to adopt, I think this would be an awesome family to watch :) 

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

Park Jin Gyeom from Alice. Okay, in many ways, I do think that Jin Gyeom would be a good father: for instance, I can see him instilling his children with a great set of values, and he'd also be conscientious to their physical needs and wellbeing at all times. However, I also think that empathy is a huge part of being a good parent, and Jin Gyeom...really has the odds stacked against him on this front. He'd try his best, obviously, but I can imagine all the many little misunderstandings and conflicts that could arise if he fails to understand his kids' emotions - or if they fail to understand his alexithymia (which, let's be honest, most kids would, in a "Why isn't my dad like my friends' dads?" sort of way).

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

Kim Tae Hyun again. Not that he wouldn't have rules where need be - he's never going to be the type to completely let his kids go like that - but I think he'd be the dad who's always present and who'd always take a friendly and supportive role in his kids' lives.

For example, if you'll permit me my writer's mind again, I can see him being the sort of dad who'd let his kids pounce on him for hugs as soon as he gets home from work, or who'd make a point to video chat with them every single day if he's stuck working overtime at the clinic (or has to self-isolate - either because of something like COVID-19 or another sickness that could be potentially deadly for Yeo Jin if he brings it home by mistake). He'd also task his kids with making sure their mom and aunt (i.e. So Hyun) are taken care of, but he'd do it in such a way that it feels fun rather than like a chore or a burden (e.g. jokingly asking "Did you tell Eomma to wash her hands yet? She's not gonna do it unless you say so" before a meal or something like that).

8. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

Like with you guys, this one was an obvious toss-up between Cha Yoo Jin and Gyun Woo, so I'm going to say Cha Yoo Jin from Nae Il's Cantabile. Even with Nae Il around, I still think Yoo Jin would be that sort of Type A parent who'd want to have a set routine, or who'd always expect his kids to be diligent and polite. However, I do think that he'd also try hard not to go overboard like his own father did: it would be a struggle (the same way that he struggled with that while dealing with both Nae Il and the S Orchestra at first), but he'd certainly try his best to be kind and supportive as well.

9.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

This one's a tie, as I've got two different answers with two different reasons.

a) Cha Dong Woo from Nae Il's Cantabile. Like a number of you guys, I'm really, genuinely curious about just what makes him tick. While he does end up becoming an emotionally abusive, manipulative narcissistic husband and father (take that for a colorful description, @Calli!), he's not the sort of parent who becomes abusive because he genuinely hates his son (unlike Park Si On and Kim Tae Hyun's dads), or because he's trying to live vicariously through them (like Han Seung Jae - i.e. Gu Ma Jun's biological dad). Instead, I described him earlier as the "stereotypical Asian dad on steroids" because I honestly wonder if, maybe, we're dealing with a tragic version of the "golden child syndrome": i.e. the belief that your child is so much better (smarter, more talented, better-looking, etc.) than everyone else that you end up placing completely unrealistic and unattainable expectations on them...and think less of them when reality doesn't work out that way. So, honestly, I'd like to see some of Cha Yoo Jin's childhood or formative years from Cha Dong Woo's point of view.

b) Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice. There's a reason why I used him as my example in the prompt ;) Honestly, I think I'd be interested in a couple of different spin-off ideas. One is an AU (alternate universe) version of the story that follows through on what could have happened if Min Hyuk had, in fact, chosen to stay with Tae Yi and their unborn child. And the other idea would be for a prequel: since Yoo Min Hyuk is not a scientist or a researcher, how did he end up interested in time travel? How did he end up getting recruited into Alice? And how did he end up together with Tae Yi? Again, this is more about just wanting to see more about what makes him tick :) 

lol - Yeah...those who have seen my responses from my earlier version of this game last year will probably notice that my answers haven't changed much. However, it was still fun to re-think these prompts and see what effects adding Alice had ;) 

2 hours ago, Calli said:
4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, Park Jin Gyeom was my first choice as well for "Terrible Dad" question, but I had changed it because technically he cannot father a child and it is highly unlikely for him to adopt as well. Coming to my Gu Ma Jun answer, I do think he's gonna be good father, but I choose him after comparing him with other male lead's, like I am not saying he will be terrible dad per se, but out of all the character he can terrible when we compare him with others

Okay, this might be a terribly terribly stupid question, especially considering I watched Alice twice, but why can't PJG "technically" become a father? :huh: Haha, I'm probably missing something huge right now and coming off as the worst JW fan ever but I'm so clueless I just had to ask^^

Honestly, I'm confused here, too @kireeti2. Like, yes, there was a running gag about Park Jin Gyeom having "aspermia" (i.e. that he's sterile), but that was more a joke around the other characters' inability to say "alexithymia" (the two conditions sound very similar in Korean) than any actual comment on his capabilities. ;) At most, I'd argue that Park Jin Gyeom is asexual (i.e. that he doesn't feel sexual attraction), but that doesn't mean he's incapable of fathering a child if he (or his partner - let's assume Kim Do Yeon for the sake of argument) ends up wanting to.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
5 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Even though, in my imagination, it would actually be rather difficult for them to have kids (mostly due a combination of Yeo Jin's frail health and Tae Hyun's determination to protect her), if they ever did or, alternately, if they ever chose to adopt, I think this would be an awesome family to watch :) 

It is true certainly I recently remembered that yeojin had health problems so I think it was impossible to get pregnant since with pure surgery that they did, it would complicate the life of her baby and hers but I really wanted to see a part in which they would be parents and that ending left me unsatisfied
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

1. My favorite JW drama dad

Yoon Min Hyuk - because he was just trying to be a good father, even though he had not much opportunity. His wife left him for another timeline :( and he didn't even know why. Sure his news to pregnancy was shock, because he was so careerfocused.

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

Father of Good Doctor. Not only is he an alcoholic abuser, he is a screamer too and he thinks Shi Won is a waste of space when he is just the most adorable! Someone who clearly needs to mistreat others in order to feel better himself

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Dr. Park Shi On :D 

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad. Dr. Park Shi On, I feel he'd relate a lot to his kid and see the world from his eyes, especially because of the treatment he got from society. His unconventional upbringing would be a boon!

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

The character he played in Bridal Mask. 

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead) 

Yes Yoon Min Hyuk. His character was only shown briefly but I was intrigued a lot, especially could would be if there is a prequel with him and his partner :D to flesh out the story for time travellers and the agency!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
10 minutes ago, kittyna said:

For example, if you'll permit me my writer's mind again, I can see him being the sort of dad who'd let his kids pounce on him for hugs as soon as he gets home from work, or who'd make a point to video chat with them every single day if he's stuck working overtime at the clinic (or has to self-isolate - either because of something like COVID-19 or another sickness that could be potentially deadly for Yeo Jin if he brings it home by mistake). He'd also task his kids with making sure their mom and aunt (i.e. So Hyun) are taken care of, but he'd do it in such a way that it feels fun rather than like a chore or a burden (e.g. jokingly asking "Did you tell Eomma to wash her hands yet? She's not gonna do it unless you say so" before a meal or something like that).

for the end I would have wanted this story the one you told having children and that since both suffered and I think that if they had ended like this the drama would have been great but the writers ended it in such an exaggerated way
13 minutes ago, kittyna said:

b) Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice. There's a reason why I used him as my example in the prompt ;) Honestly, I think I'd be interested in a couple of different spin-off ideas. One is an AU (alternate universe) version of the story that follows through on what could have happened if Min Hyuk had, in fact, chosen to stay with Tae Yi and their unborn child. And the other idea would be for a prequel: since Yoo Min Hyuk is not a scientist or a researcher, how did he end up interested in time travel? How did he end up getting recruited into Alice? And how did he end up together with Tae Yi? Again, this is more about just wanting to see more about what makes him tick :) 

lol - Yeah...those who have seen my responses from my earlier version of this game last year will probably notice that my answers haven't changed much. However, it was still fun to re-think these prompts and see what effects adding Alice had ;) 

somehow the character of the drama did not interest me much I think it is because he had very little screen time
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

Lol!! Looks like we have tie breaker between Director Choi and Detective Go in poll :smiley:. Come to think of it, these two characters have lot similarities, like both of these have taken an outcast kid under their wing.

So, no wonder we have a tie

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2
15 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

It is true certainly I recently remembered that yeojin had health problems so I think it was impossible to get pregnant since with pure surgery that they did, it would complicate the life of her baby and hers but I really wanted to see a part in which they would be parents and that ending left me unsatisfied

Yeah...I mean, I get what the writers were trying to do with the ending (Yong Pal was a live shoot drama, and suddenly got extended by two episodes, so they had to scramble to come up with new material :P), but given that they had extra time, I would have liked to see more of what happened after Yeo Jin's surgery. Like, how did her relationship with Tae Hyun work out? Did she really get a new lease on life - and does she adjust her leadership of Hanshin accordingly? Do the two of them get the happy family life (kids, but also the wedding she asked for) that they always wanted? 

lol - It's the sort of stuff that gets my creativity and imagination flowing, but I can see how it would be frustrating for viewers who want more closure ;) 

15 hours ago, agenth said:

I was intrigued a lot, especially could would be if there is a prequel with him and his partner :D to flesh out the story for time travellers and the agency!

lol - Glad I'm not the only one to want this! :coolshades:

for the end I would have wanted this story the one you told having children and that since both suffered and I think that if they had ended like this the drama would have been great but the writers ended it in such an exaggerated way

Aw...thanks! I'm glad you liked my little imaginative escapade there - it was a lot of fun to come up with those scenarios for this round of Scattergories :transforms:And maybe, one of the kids decides that he/she wants to become a doctor, just like daddy :) 

somehow the character of the drama did not interest me much I think it is because he had very little screen time

That's fair: we're all interested in different stories and characters, after all ;) I'd love to hear which Alice characters (besides Park Jin Gyeom, obviously) you thought were interesting :) 

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol!! Looks like we have tie breaker between Director Choi and Detective Go in poll :smiley:. Come to think of it, these two characters have lot similarities, like both of these have taken an outcast kid under their wing.

So, no wonder we have a tie

Well, that's how the typical "father figure" storyline goes, so no surprise there. However, as of the moment that I'm writing this, the tie's been broken :P 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
23 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

a few hours ago it appeared to me that joo won updated his ig but when he opened it there was nothing in any way I was excited

Haha^^ Same here @Andrea Balcazar. I saw the notification on my phone that Joo Won posted an IG story only to open it and find nothing. But you know, since he decided to delete it so quickly I'm glad no one (it seems) got to see what it was.

Maybe he knows we got all excited though and he'll post something else soon as a consolation? *fingerscrossed* 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2
8 minutes ago, Calli said:

Haha^^ Same here @Andrea Balcazar. I saw the notification on my phone that Joo Won posted an IG story only to open it and find nothing. But you know, since he decided to delete it so quickly I'm glad no one (it seems) got to see what it was.

Maybe he knows we got all excited though and he'll post something else soon as a consolation? *fingerscrossed* 

haha joo won is faster than flash that I can't get any of his fans to see him I hope it's what you say I hope he indicates his full face he only knows how to indicate a part that makes me miss him

51 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Aw...thanks! I'm glad you liked my little imaginative escapade there - it was a lot of fun to come up with those scenarios for this round of Scattergories :transforms:And maybe, one of the kids decides that he/she wants to become a doctor, just like daddy :) 

If I liked it very much, I would have wanted a similar ending

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Chingus, here are my answers. Unfortunately I have only watched 2 Joo Won dramas in its entirety (Naeil's Cantabile and Good Doctor), and 1 Joo Won drama that I dropped (Alice).  So pardon for my limited answers. :kiss_wink:

1. My favorite JW drama dad

That would be his dad from Naeil's Cantabile.

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

Really hated the appa in Good Doctor. He was not a good dad to his son, even though there was later at least some kind of reconciliation.

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

I really liked Dr. Choi Woo Seok in Good Doctor. He was such a supportive and caring paternal figure. :kiss_wink:

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

Gonna go with Good Doctor here again, but with paternal figure Dr. CWS instead.

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Good Doctor of course!

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

I'm gonna say JW's character from Alice.

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

Ooh, this is easy! His character from Good Doctor. He would be so much fun and really caring too. :love:

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

Naeil's Cantabile. Aigoo... He wasn't fun at all in that drama. :joy:

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

Hmm... Alice!

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

How sad to see how the Japanese Joo Won fans already have the magazine and here one without money

don't be sad @Andrea Balcazar!! I'm sure someone will share parts of it. And if they don't, I will receive my copy on July 2nd and will share it with you guys here~

edit: according to this article Joo Won's interview covers the first 9 pages of vol 103 of "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" magazine: "He talked about his thoughts on starting a new acting life with works in the science fiction genre and the story behind the shooting." (translation by google) So we have a long interview to look forward to, just like you hoped @flutterby06:hooray2:

Joo Won reposted _myok_'s insta story in his own story a little while ago and it got me curious about who she is^^

I was told by a fellow fan that she is one of Joo Won's staff members? 

I really love everything I've seen about Joo Won's relationship with his staff members, they seem like a really warm, close-knit family~

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Hot off the press:- Joo Won section in Japanese Magazine consist 9 pages!!

I wonder how long the interview is... I'm so excited. 

The definitive edition of Korean magazine! "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" vol.103, released on June 21st

Media Boy Co., Ltd.
June 21, 2021 09:30

?action_Image=1&s=3&p=0000238645&id=body

The definitive edition of Korean magazine! "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" vol.103, released on June 21 If you are interested in Korean waves,

this one book will give you a complete understanding! "I want to know more! Korean TV drama" vol.103 will be released on June 21st.

The cover of this issue is Joo Won, a talented beautiful male actor! Exclusive catch of him who played the role of alexithymia in the return work "Alice (original title)" after the attention of the discharge. He talked about his thoughts on starting a new acting life with works in the science fiction genre and the story behind the shooting. We will deliver a long interview covering the first 9 pages with refreshing and cool gravure. In addition, in the opening interview, Song Joong Ki of "Vincenzo", which is a hot topic in Japan, Gong Yoo, Kang Ha Neul, Yeo Jin Goo, Yoon Shi Yoon & Park Sung Hoon will appear.

The drama features are the SF human drama "Alice (original title)" and "Penthouse (original title)", which recorded the highest audience rating of nearly 30% in South Korea. In "Alice (original title)", an interview with Kim Hee-sun and Kwak Si-yang, who played two roles per person, is posted. The talk by director Baek Soo-chan, who challenged the difficult genre of science fiction, is also a must-read.

Also Joo Won updated his IG Story by sharing this cute update from his agency noona Myok.

E4YSOoaUcAAEoA_?format=jpg&name=large

Text: 주원 박물관 관리견으로 취직

Literal translation: JOOWON MUSEUM MANAGEMENT DOG

Joo Won commented: 귀음

It probably means cute.

So to me it looks like this cute dot makes himself comfortable at Joo Won's corner in his agency, the gallery sort of thing. So Myok noona thought she'd share this cute incendent that Joo Won Museum has now a new guard.. :lol:

Edit:

The term Joo Won's museum reminds me of this vlive from Joo Won. I'm sure this was taken inside his agency from way they decorated the room with every Joo Won character poster. May be this room is part of that place.

https://www.vlive.tv/video/16366

@Calli you and I just posted the same thing.. :Ohboy3:and I'm very excited at the thought of that long interview.. :happy2:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2
On 26/5/2021 at 17:22, kittyna said:

: isannoyed:Chà - mọi người  thực sự  giàu trí tưởng tượng chỉ với những thứ nhỏ nhặt nhất, phải không? Đó là một điều tôi không ghen tị với JW (hoặc bất kỳ người nổi tiếng nào khác) về!

Giống @Calli, Tôi cũng thực sự rất, thực sự hạnh phúc cho JW nếu anh ấy hẹn hò - nhưng bắt đầu băn khoăn về điều đó chỉ khi thấy anh ấy đang nghe điện thoại của mình thì ... không có gì xúc phạm cả, các bạn, nhưng như vậy là quá đáng. Tôi biết tôi không muốn nhìn thấy cuộc sống và thói quen của chính mình bị soi xét như vậy - cũng như nhiều người hâm mộ - vậy tại sao mọi người sẽ không có những lo lắng đó một khi một người nổi tiếng tham gia ngoài tôi.

Đặc biệt nếu JW có lý do hoàn toàn chính đáng (và thực tế hơn nhiều) để sử dụng điện thoại của anh ấy vào thời điểm đó, như @Calli chỉ ra ở đây:

Nói như vậy, tôi không có lỗi với các bạn - tôi biết, @Andrea Balcazar, rằng bạn chỉ đang nói những gì bạn đã nghe.  : phê duyệt: Tôi chỉ nghĩ thật kỳ lạ khi một số người hâm mộ dường như đã suy đoán điều đó.

Theo cách tôi thấy: việc JW có hẹn hò hay không là việc của anh ấy - nếu có, anh ấy sẽ cho chúng tôi biết khi nào anh ấy cảm thấy đã đến thời điểm thích hợp. :bong mat:

Yes, he said it would be best for him to go public with the dating story, if he has the right audience...than letting the paparazzi take bad pictures, because once you're dating , no matter how discreet, they will still be able to capture it, the question is whether they want to take it or not. so he said...if I really have a date, when the time is right, I'll go public
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

@Calli you and I just posted the same thing.. :Ohboy3:and I'm very excited at the thought of that long interview..

Haha^^ Joo Won loving minds think alike, @flutterby06:smooches3:

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Edit:

The term Joo Won's museum reminds me of this vlive from Joo Won. I'm sure this was taken inside his agency from way they decorated the room with every Joo Won character poster. May be this room is part of that place.

Ooooh, it didn't occur to me before that Joo Won's LieV might have taken place at his agency. I've watched quite a few LieVs over the years (Junho's, 2PM's, SF9's, etc) and I always figured it was Naver that provided the special spaces for the broadcasts, with the staff (Naver's and the artists') decorating them. 

The thought of a Joo Won Museum at his agency is really cool though!! I'd visit in a heartbeat if I could and it was allowed^^

@JooWon89Welcome to the thread :waves:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1