Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

On 6/17/2021 at 3:36 PM, kittyna said:

However, I will say this: just purely anecdotally, I do think that actors are more likely to have natural double eyelids than actresses. The reason why is that I've noticed there's less of a beauty standard linked to having double eyelids among Korean men than women, as evidenced by the gazillion Korean actors who have monolids with no intention of changing them (by the way, that list only just begins to scratch the surface - I'm sure we can all think of at least several more to add). So, given the broad acceptability for monolids among guys, I think that if we do see a Korean actor with double eyelids, then it's likely that they're either natural or that he got the surgery done way before his debut (like, in his teens or something).

Cutting down the post a little but I agree with your sentiments. Just wanted to clarify that Joo Won's eyes are part of what makes him unique and sets him apart from others. I also like what he calls "awkward". He is just humble and cute. 

In regards to JCW's eyes, I want to say that he said in a show in reply to Yoo Jae Suk, that he personally finds people with monolid attractive, he himself said he has "too thick eyelids" / deep set. So I don't think he got surgery for that. In any case, Joo Won as he is is beautiful!!! 

41 minutes ago, kittyna said:

And now, for something different. Since I did get some positive responses about doing those little games/interactives again, I figured, well, why not start doing them now? Because Sunday is Father's Day in many countries, so let's do a quick round of Scattergories! 

For those who haven't done this, the concept is simple: just look at the prompts and say which drama characters first come to mind for each of them ;)There is no right or wrong answer, nor is this a contest: I expect our answers to go all over the place, and that's where the fun is 

Also, thanks for inviting us to play Scattergories. I didn't know what this was until I checked your post. It's a great idea and I would love to play and answer these. Let me just get my Joo Won research and thinking cap on :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

MINI-EVENT: SCATTERGORIES - FATHER'S DAY EDITION

EXCLUSIVE%20interview%20with%20hot%20Kor

Chingus, please participate in our Joo Won Scattergories event. All credit for the event goes to @kittyna who came up with the event idea and created all content. :kiss_wink:

Rules:

• Read the prompts carefully: questions might be about a JW drama character (i.e. the ML JW plays), the JW drama dad (i.e the father of JW's character), or both!
  • One of the prompts will be for a paternal figure. In this case, think of characters who are like fathers for JW's character, but who aren't actually related to him (e.g. Doctor Choi from Good Doctor, Go Hyung Seok from Alice)
  • Don't overthink! Just go with your gut response.
  • You can repeat or leave out any characters of your choice.
  • You are allowed to answer a maximum of TWO (2) characters for any one prompt
  • In instances where JW's character had multiple dads (e.g. King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu - his biological father and the CEO who was his pseudo-dad), either one is fair game.
  • You are free to provide reasons or further explanations, but it's not required.

Prompts:

1. My favorite JW drama dad

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

Let's have fun!

:cheers:

Joo Won's dramas:

Spoiler

source: https://asianwiki.com/Joo_Won

tagging: @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart326 @kittyna @Calli @flutterby06 @kireeti2 @Andrea Balcazar @gm4queen @4evrkdrama @sadthe1st @Ameera Ali @Thong Thin @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @tokkimoon @Ahjumemshie Lee @valinor500 @willenette@Min2206 @JooWon89 @kleimleyz @Alisha @ferily @chococarmela @serenilmauve @SC2019 @Emily Bett @Sunset

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 6

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Don't overthink this - just go with your gut response and say whichever character comes to mind

Haha :lol: Such great advice. I'll try and do just that. There are still two (and a half) Joo Won dramas I haven't watched yet but I'll still give it a try (I think I've already failed at the "don't overthink this" part^^)

Thanks so much for coming up with this @kittyna

And it's so nice to see @partyonand @agenthjoining in too :heart4:

1. I don't have a favorite JW drama dad. The ones I "met" were all rather dreadful tbh. (It's almost like a pattern)

2. All of them^^ If I have to pick just two I'll go with Park Si On and Cha Yoo Jin's dads because they remained in my memory as particularly dreadful. The first for being a violent drunkard who abused his son (and his wife), blamed everyone but himself for his "misfortunes" and never seemed to regret any of his behaviour till the very end; and the second because he was a self-involved, arrogant prick who loved his piano and his career more than his own son.

(Though I also had tons of issues with Majun's stepfather and his biological father; since all of Majun's issues were the result of horrible parenting (that includes his mom too of course))

3. Detective Go Hyeon-seok in Alice. I felt he truly cared and loved Park Jingyeom, making the ultimate sacrifice for him in the end. Plus, if it weren't for him and his wife, I don't think "our" universe's Park Jingyeom would have become the good man he was/is. 

(I almost also mentioned Choi Wooseok from Good Doctor but while he was a wonderful mentor and father figure for Park Si On, as the series progressed I kinda felt he wasn't there in pivotal moments when Si On would have needed a father figure next to him)

4. Go Hyeon-seok and Park Jingyeom. Though Idk if that counts since they weren't actual father and son~~

5. Kim Taehyun (he'd be the most awesome dad ever imo, teaching his kids wonderful values and loving them no matter what) and Gu Majun (because he understands the importance of a father's love more than anyone and could do everything for his children neither of his dads did for him)

6. This one is really tough because I love all of Joo Won's characters and I've felt and empathized with all of them so I can't picture any one of them as being a "terrible" dad~

If I absolutely had to pick one, maybe Park Jingyeom? Purely because, due to his congenital condition, he has so much trouble understanding and processing emotions, that he might often be at a loss when dealing with his child. Though having a child might lead to a very cute Forrest Gump & son situation where they learn certain things together and PJG could actually learn a lot about his own emotions - processing & expressing them properly - with the help of his child and I would reaaaally really love to see that :wub:

7. Han Gilro. No doubt^^

baby-gilro_.gif

8. Cha Yoo Jin 

tumblr_ndowkoJkw61qdcm6ao1_500.gif

10. I've really never thought about it... from a plotline pov a Yoo Min-hyuk spin-off would make sense but I'd only watch if Park Jingyeom was in it too^^ (I would have loved to get a few more scenes (or even just one) of the two of them really talking to each other tbh). But since we know how things turned out for him, a spin-off would probably be set right after Taeyi left him, waaay before he met PJG... so, I'll go with no spin-off. But I'll happily take a new Joo Won drama instead, pretty please^^

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

1. My favourite JW drama dad

Han Gil Ro's father, despite being emotionally unavailable to his son, he always cared for Han Gil Ro and has best interest at his heart for Han Gil Ro.

2. My least favourite JW drama dad

Park Si-On's real dad from Good Doctor, it's rather obvious and I assume I don't  need to state my reasons for this option

3. My favourite paternal figure from a JW drama

Director Choi, I think he is the best father like figure out of all Joo won's dramas. The way he was able to understand Park Si-On ability, his weakness, the way he remembered his favorite dishes and took care of him like a real dad, makes him my favorite Paternal figure from Joo won's drama

4. My favourite father-son relationship in a JW drama

Han Gil Ro and his dad, I really like their relationship because they are like friends rather than father and son, and their constant bickering is synonymous to love and affection they have between them. So, I enjoyed watching their interaction out of all the Father-Son relationship from JW's drama

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Cha Yoo Jin, out of all Joo won male leads I want to see Yoo Jin to see as dad, since it'll be hard for him to be strict with a child especially around Nae-il, so, it would be delight to watch Cha Yoo Jin handle both Nae-il and their child

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide for yourself what counts as "terrible")

Gu Ma Jun, the way I see it, he will probably be as possessive as his mom with his child as well

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

Kim Tae Hyun, he would be the fun parent because of his upbringing and easy going personality

8. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

Gyun Woo, it's pretty much self-explanatory, but I would like to point a reason here, since the child is born into royal family, Gyun Woo would like to make sure kids are disciplined and well behaved, so I think due to these reasons he will be the strict and no fun parent

9. The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

Cha Yoo Jin's father, I want to see why is that he is not happy with his son despite him being an over-achiever when compared to other kids of his age group. It would be interesting to see his perspective

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

POLL: Father's Day with Joo Won

In honour of Father's Day and due to @kittyna's idea, here is a quick poll for everyone to reminisce about Joo Won's dramas and the portryal of fathers and father figures in them.  

You can choose as many as you want, and do consider the third question especially if nobody in questions 1 and 2 appeals to you.

:fullofhearts:

Here are the fathers: 

Spoiler
  1.  Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father

spacer.png

1. Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure 

spacer.png

1. Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure

spacer.png

1. Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father 

spacer.png

1. Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father

spacer.png

1. 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father

spacer.png

1. 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure 

spacer.png

1. Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father

spacer.png

1. My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father

spacer.png

1. Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father

spacer.png

Also please be kind if I forgot a father (figure), since I have not seen all dramas of Joo Won - but please, let me know if you wish to include someone else not mentioned!

Thanks to @Sleepy Owl for helping me make my first poll :D

tagging: @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @partyon @confusedheart326 @kittyna @Calli @flutterby06 @kireeti2 @Andrea Balcazar @gm4queen @4evrkdrama @sadthe1st @Ameera Ali @Thong Thin @LeftCoastOppa @joccu @tokkimoon @Ahjumemshie Lee @valinor500 @willenette@Min2206 @JooWon89 @kleimleyz @Alisha @ferily @chococarmela @serenilmauve @SC2019 @Emily Bett @Sunset

:wow1:

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

Just 2 things -

1) NO ALICE spinoff without an award winning apology for the originals atrocious ending

2) NO ALICE spinoff with out Do-Yeon :wub:

Alice Episode 1 Recap | amusings

:love:

- thanks for the tag @partyon

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

41 minutes ago, agenth said:

In honour of Father's Day and due to @kittyna's idea, here is a quick poll for everyone to reminisce about Joo Won's dramas and the portryal of fathers and father figures in them.  

You can choose as many as you want, and do consider the third question especially if nobody in questions 1 and 2 appeals to you.

Dang - this was a fun thing to log in to see! Thanks for setting up both an "official" version of my Scattergories (although it did crack me up to see the repeat :P) and this poll as well. We should collab like this more often :approves:

There are a number of other interesting dads/father figures from JW's dramas, but you've covered a really neat list already, including some that might not have crossed my mind otherwise.

So, before I get to reactions to the Scattergories responses thus far (because that is half the fun for me), a quick rundown of my own poll answers:

1. Go Hyung Seok from Alice and Director Choi from Good Doctor - Even though neither of them were our male leads' biological fathers, they both really stepped in to be that father figure in cases where the "real" one wasn't around. Plus, the father-son relationships in both of these dramas was adorable :) 

2. Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice, Cha Dong Woo from Nae Il's Cantabile and Gyun Pil Young from My Sassy Girl - Maybe I'm defining "strict" differently from most people, but I generally think of someone who's got high expectations for his kids and has a general Type A personality that likes to stick to the rules. This can be a good thing if the parent ends up using this to guide his kids towards becoming mature/responsible adults and all-around good people (e.g. My Sassy Girl - Alice, too, if we imagine what Yoo Min Hyuk would be like if he actually got his chance), or it can also be terrible if the parent prioritizes the wrong things or combines high expectations with toxic masculinity (e.g. Nae Il's Cantabile - honestly, Cha Dong Woo is just the stereotypical "Asian Dad" on steroids, and it's heartbreaking to realize how real he is in that respect).

3. Alice and King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu - My reasoning for Alice should be pretty self-explanatory, and as for King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu...the ending we see between Gu Ma Jun and his biological father is just heartbreaking. The bit where *spoilers* Ma Jun said he really just wanted a father he could look up to and respect *end spoiler* really made me wish that we could have seen more of that. So, the father-son relationships in both of these dramas had that tragic "What if...?" component to them, and I would have liked to see something more.

I'll save my own Scattergories answers for later (this is turning into a text wall), but some quick reactions to the answers so far.

1 hour ago, Calli said:

and the second because he was a self-involved, arrogant prick who loved his piano and his career more than his own son.

Call me a sadist, because this really cracked me up for some reason :loolz:Maybe it's just that, after what I've just said about this same character in response to @partyon's poll, the way you worded this was just cathartic.

1 hour ago, Calli said:

4. Go Hyeon-seok and Park Jingyeom. Though Idk if that counts since they weren't actual father and son~~

It counts in my book :approves:

1 hour ago, Calli said:

5. Kim Taehyun (he'd be the most awesome dad ever imo, teaching his kids wonderful values and loving them no matter what) and Gu Majun (because he understands the importance of a father's love more than anyone and could do everything for his children neither of his dads did for him)

I actually think Gu Ma Jun is a fascinating response here. It's not what I would have thought of at first, but I think this one might grow on me :) 

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Cha Yoo Jin, out of all Joo won male leads I want to see Yoo Jin to see as dad, since it'll be hard for him to be strict with a child especially around Nae-il, so, it would be delight to watch Cha Yoo Jin handle both Nae-il and their child

Oh, dear - that would be a sight, wouldn't it. :P Like, on the one hand, I can imagine him at least trying to be strict with his kids (in a good way), since that's all he ever knew growing up; but on the other hand...there's Nae Il and the way she's got him wrapped around her little finger without him even knowing it. Either way, shenanigans will ensue, and I'm loving that :glasses:

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide for yourself what counts as "terrible")

Gu Ma Jun, the way I see it, he will probably be as possessive as his mom with his child as well

Interesting to see this paired with @Calli's take on the character - I'll let you two talk this one out ;) 

Gyun Woo, it's pretty much self-explanatory, but I would like to point a reason here, since the child is born into royal family, Gyun Woo would like to make sure kids are disciplined and well behaved, so I think due to these reasons he will be the strict and no fun parent

Point. I do wonder how far he'd manage to get on that with Princess Hye Myung around, though ;) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

My favourite JW drama dad

He is the director of the hospital in good doctor because even if it is not his son he knew how to treat him like a son he even helped him to become a doctor

My least favourite JW drama dad

The one I liked the least was park shion's real father since at no time did I feel that he had any aspect of a father I always treated him badly that is what made me hate him

My favourite paternal figure from a JW drama

I liked the father of ojakgyo brothers even though he was not the older brother his father always trusted him that meant they both had a great parental sense his father had more confidence in him than all his brothers and what moved me the most when he got to cry and he hugged him and they both started crying, I just loved it

My favourite father-son relationship in a JW drama

Han Gil Ro and his father I liked their relationship between father and son because if in the beginning we did not see any affection towards his son, then we could realize that he really loved him since he always wanted to protect him in his own way and also as He sacrificed himself so that his son does not suffer serious damages while the fire definitely the scene of the airport was the true bond that I felt and if it moved me

The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

I definitely think that kim tae hyun in yongpal I loved that character I loved his attitude and everything I even waited in the drama he was a father I loved all his attitude when he started with the scenes of his German I could see a lot of fatherhood and I do not know if this counts but also I felt that it would have been perfect in a joo won movie as it was with his sister it was like a father I loved it

The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide for yourself what counts as "terrible")

I think it would be majun since he could never experience the affection of a father and it could be that it would be the same as his father who could never give him affection he would follow the steps that his father but in the end he implies that he would change but I do not see that it would be a good father

The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

I think it would be han gil ro that character is totally funny and if he were a father I would say that he would really be a funny father

The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

I think it would be cha yoo jin I see him that he is very strict he tries to be very perfectionist in everything he does so I think that character would be like a father

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

for some reason i would like to see yoo min hyuk's spin off if i hadn't abandoned it i think i would have been a great father

thank you for this theme really with this game I would like to see very soon drama that is husband and also dad I think that was going to handle in the chinese drama love express I saw so many images of that joo won drama with the child intensely wanted to see that drama to see the connection of both

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Interesting to see this paired with @Calli's take on the character - I'll let you two talk this one out ;) 

Well, Park Jin Gyeom was my first choice as well for "Terrible Dad" question, but I had changed it because technically he cannot father a child and it is highly unlikely for him to adopt as well. Coming to my Gu Ma Jun answer, I do think he's gonna be good father, but I choose him after comparing him with other male lead's, like I am not saying he will be terrible dad per se, but out of all the character he can terrible when we compare him with others

1. Go Hyung Seok from Alice and Director Choi from Good Doctor - Even though neither of them were our male leads' biological fathers, they both really stepped in to be that father figure in cases where the "real" one wasn't around. Plus, the father-son relationships in both of these dramas was adorable :) 

But, you specifically mentioned dad, and not father like figures. If this was the case, my first choice for this question was Director Choi, but I changed it after reading your instructions. Now I am really confused, can we choose father like figures for "Favorite Dad" question?

Lol!! me and @Andrea Balcazar have lot of common answers, so,  I guess we  won this round :tongue:(just kidding, I know its not a competition)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

But, you specifically mentioned dad, and not father like figures. If this was the case, my first choice for this question was Director Choi, but I changed it after reading your instructions. Now I am really confused, can we choose father like figures for "Favorite Dad" question?

That was in response to @partyon's poll and not my Scattergories - sorry for the confusion there :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Well, Park Jin Gyeom was my first choice as well for "Terrible Dad" question, but I had changed it because technically he cannot father a child and it is highly unlikely for him to adopt as well. Coming to my Gu Ma Jun answer, I do think he's gonna be good father, but I choose him after comparing him with other male lead's, like I am not saying he will be terrible dad per se, but out of all the character he can terrible when we compare him with others

Okay, this might be a terribly terribly stupid question, especially considering I watched Alice twice, but why can't PJG "technically" become a father? :huh: Haha, I'm probably missing something huge right now and coming off as the worst JW fan ever but I'm so clueless I just had to ask^^

As far as Majun goes though, for me, the way he told his biological father in the final episode how much he wanted, even if it had been just once, for him to be someone he could look up to and respect, told me that he understood deeply how important that is for a child. So I'm thinking that if he became a father he would very much want to be someone his children could respect and look up to.  Also, the way he said goodbye to his mom telling her "if you don't change, you'll always be miserable" showed that he very clearly distanced himself from her values and her "methods" of raising him. And then there's the way he freely admitted to Yookyung that he had been a jerk and the only reason he hurt her was because he was afraid of getting hurt himself, and that he loved her (he told her several times in fact) that showed how he came to the realization of how important it is telling the people around him how he truly feels instead of continuing putting up his defenses that only lead to misunderstandings and misery. 

So, all that makes me feel that Majun would very much try not to repeat his parents' mistakes and be a better father himself, giving his children what he himself never received from his parents but knows is vital for a child's happiness and wellbeing.

I love reading everyone's pov on @kittyna's father's day edition of scattegories. Lots of food for thought~ 

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Call me a sadist, because this really cracked me up for some reason :loolz:Maybe it's just that, after what I've just said about this same character in response to @partyon's poll, the way you worded this was just cathartic.

I'm glad my phrasing made you laugh, @kittyna:lol: Tbh I felt very intensely about Yoojin's dad while watching Naeil's Cantabile, but I have to admit the cultural implication of him being "the stereotypical 'Asian Dad' on steroids" was lost on me...to me he was just a crappy, crappy dad :( Now that I see there's more to it, it definitely adds another layer (albeit a heartbreaking one) to their relationship. Makes me wonder how Yoojin's dad was raised by his father...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, partyon said:

MINI-EVENT: SCATTERGORIES - FATHER'S DAY EDITION

Chingus, please participate in our Joo Won Scattergories event. All credit for the event goes to @kittyna who came up with the event idea and created all content. :kiss_wink:

Oh..what a nice idea. Thanks @kittynaand @partyon for making this event. :heartxoxo:

I also have to admit picking dads/dad Figueres in many options is quite easy because we have lots unusual father figures in Joo Won dramas. ha ha... 

So here's my take on Scattergories-Father's Day Edition.. 

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Prompts:

1. My favorite JW drama dad

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

1. Most favorite Joo Won drama dad so far is Go Hyeon Seok(Alice)... I've talked about Jin Gyeom and Ajusshis precious relationship countless time before.. But I felt it wasn't enough. I loved how Ajusshi had this influence on Jin Gyeom that helped him to grow up to be who he was. I just loved how he and his wife took care of him as if he was a family and Jin Gyeom eventually considered them his own family.

There's this confession from Jin Gyeom made me very emotional when he says to Go Hyun Seok "I didn't want to leave your home. you asked me to leave."  This indicates how Jin Gyeom felt at home in his place. Even tho living alone/independently may seem to be a right choice for him after he's in that age but in reality he didn't want to leave. He left only because Ajusshi wanted get his own place which will be convenient for Ajusshi to get a daughter-in-law hopefully Do Yeon, sooner. 

And My honorable mention Choi Woo Seok, Hospital Director (Good Doctor).. Without him our Park Sion would face who knows what! Thank You

2. Least favorite Joo Won dad are- Dads from Good Doctor and Yong Pal both were abusers.

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama... I know we're doing this for Fathers' day but can I add Head Nurse from Yong Pal. Because she was very engaging with him and also guiding him through right/wrong whenever she felt it necessary. In my mind she was a parental figure for Tae Hyun a great one.

Apart from that a big thumbs up to Hospital Director from Good Doctor. He was really a very favorite parental figure. 

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama Hwang Chang Sik-Tae Hee from Ojakgyo Brothers. I will put my explanation hidden in case anyone wouldn't like spoilers.

Spoiler

He was actually Joo Won's Character's paternal uncle. It was very touching to see how he and his wife took in Hwang Tae Hee and nurtured him as their own child. They tried give him the best of things so he would not feel left out. Tae Hee in turn respected them a lot, he always considered their well being. When he grew up he actually become the one who his dad(Chang Sik) would rely more regarding important things than his other brothers. Their relationship was very wholesome. I loved it that he was such a nice father to Tae Hee.

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad is Park Sion (Good Doctor).It might be a bit difficult for Park Sion to be adjusting to fatherhood but I imagine he'd be great. He has heart that's ready to give love and care to everyone and he loves child... And he'd be a cool parent teaching his kids how to be considerate, compassionate and everything nice.

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad- Terrible as in just bad is difficult to imagin..because in a way all Joo Won drama characters character grew up to better than who they were.. So even antagonist Majun in my opinion would try to be a good dad because he never had one and he craved love.

Terrible as in not know how to handle a kid, it'd be Cha Yoo Jin from Cantabile Tomorrow. He'd probably be at a loss how to tame a kid and leave the job to Naeli.. But sure Naeli would teach their kids to bug their father even if he seems aloof.. and together they'd bug Cha Yoo Jin every now and then.

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad would be Kim Tae Hyun. Well, he's just so cool, isn't he? and down to earth.. And if the kid got to know about how his/her dad used to be a doctor for Gangs, kid would probably start seeing his/her dad as a superhero.

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad....... For strict dad I have 2 in mind.

a) Park Jin Gyeom before reset(Alice)

b)Gyun Woo (My Sassy Girl)

I think they'll be strict because they value order in their life.. so they'd probably be the type who wants their kid to grow up properly. Both probably have different reason like Jin Gyeom may be careful to raise his kids fearing them inheriting his alexithymia and  Gyun Woo would like his royal kids to be a good example in front of all people.

10. The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)... Again I've 2 dad's in mind. But in both case I want the Joo Won character there alongside him.

a) Go Hyun Seok.. I sometimes think how it'd be if Ajusshi was still alive leaving with Jin Gyeom without the pressure of time travel on his shoulder. 

b) Yoo Min Hyuk ...having a chance to make things right- with Tae Yi and Jin Gyeom.. All of them alive.. Jin Gyeom getting along with Min Hyuk. 

But in all of this I'd actually want Park Jin Gyeom with alexithymia, our original Park Jin Gyeom without a reset there. It would be nice if he'd finally be truly happy with people who are precious to him.

and I'm with @LeftCoastOppa on Do Yeon being present in the Spin Off.. Being bestest friend with Park Jin Gyeom and may be more.

5 hours ago, agenth said:

1. Who is the most fun father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

In answer to this question I voted for 2 options.. Go Hyun Seok and Someone else. That someone else would be Father Figure in Ojakgyo Brother. He's actually pretty fun and good father to Tae Hee.

soo....I'm done... now let me read what others have put in their scattergories... :daydream:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Oh, I though this was your response, my bad

Well, you'll get that chance now, because here are my answers!

1. My favorite JW drama dad

Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice. True, he didn't really get much of a chance to actually be Jin Gyeom's dad, and he's not the "best" dad by a long shot - but out of all the JW drama dads I've seen so far, he is the one whose character arc most interested me (i.e., I'm answering with my "writer's mind" ;)). His initial reaction to Yoon Tae Yi's pregnancy made me want to hate him, but he was also such a genuinely good person that I couldn't - and then once he found out Jin Gyeom was his son, his attempts to make up for lost time just tugged at my heartstrings...as did the ending :criesariver: Seriously, guys, if you ever want an example of my belief that the most heartbreaking tragedies are the ones where good people make terrible mistakes and end up having to pay for them, this is it.

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

Kim Tae Hyun's dad from Yong Pal. Not only was he a physically and emotionally abusive alcoholic and gangster (wow - way for the scriptwriters to pile on the angst), but I have an especial hatred for those people who could be completely awful...yet never once take responsibility for their actions or see how wrong they've been. :onfirex: (At least Park Si On's dad sort-of-kind-of comes around by the end.)

3. My favorite paternal figure from a JW drama

lol - You guys already brought up some of the most awesome ones (i.e. Director Choi and Go Hyung Seok), so I'm going to go out on a limb here and bring up someone different: Master Pal Bong from King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu. He was the first real "paternal figure" sort of character that stood out to me when I started watching K-dramas back in 2015, and the way he was stern-but-loving towards Gu Ma Jun played a huge role in Ma Jun's redemptive arc. Which, by the way, is still one of the most satisfying character turn-arounds I've seen to date.

4. My favorite father-son relationship in a JW drama

I don't have an absolute favourite (because all the good relationships were awesome in their respective ways), but one of the ones I liked that hasn't been mentioned yet was the one between Gyun Woo and his father in My Sassy Girl. It's not perfect by any means - both certainly made their mistakes, both in the past and the present - but I did see here a case where a father really honestly tried his best to raise his son to be a resilient and morally upright person. He certainly played a far bigger role in that side of Gyun Woo's personality than anyone else who raised him ;) 

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Kim Tae Hyun from Yong Pal. There are a few reasons for this. First of all, I think that he'd try his best to be a great father simply to give his kids something that he never received growing up. Secondly, seeing how awesome an Oppa he is, as well as an awesome "uncle" for the church kids, I just think seeing him as a dad would be freaking adorable. And thirdly, it's not so much that I want to see him as a dad as it is that I want to see Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin as parents. Even though, in my imagination, it would actually be rather difficult for them to have kids (mostly due a combination of Yeo Jin's frail health and Tae Hyun's determination to protect her), if they ever did or, alternately, if they ever chose to adopt, I think this would be an awesome family to watch :) 

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

Park Jin Gyeom from Alice. Okay, in many ways, I do think that Jin Gyeom would be a good father: for instance, I can see him instilling his children with a great set of values, and he'd also be conscientious to their physical needs and wellbeing at all times. However, I also think that empathy is a huge part of being a good parent, and Jin Gyeom...really has the odds stacked against him on this front. He'd try his best, obviously, but I can imagine all the many little misunderstandings and conflicts that could arise if he fails to understand his kids' emotions - or if they fail to understand his alexithymia (which, let's be honest, most kids would, in a "Why isn't my dad like my friends' dads?" sort of way).

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad

Kim Tae Hyun again. Not that he wouldn't have rules where need be - he's never going to be the type to completely let his kids go like that - but I think he'd be the dad who's always present and who'd always take a friendly and supportive role in his kids' lives.

For example, if you'll permit me my writer's mind again, I can see him being the sort of dad who'd let his kids pounce on him for hugs as soon as he gets home from work, or who'd make a point to video chat with them every single day if he's stuck working overtime at the clinic (or has to self-isolate - either because of something like COVID-19 or another sickness that could be potentially deadly for Yeo Jin if he brings it home by mistake). He'd also task his kids with making sure their mom and aunt (i.e. So Hyun) are taken care of, but he'd do it in such a way that it feels fun rather than like a chore or a burden (e.g. jokingly asking "Did you tell Eomma to wash her hands yet? She's not gonna do it unless you say so" before a meal or something like that).

8. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

Like with you guys, this one was an obvious toss-up between Cha Yoo Jin and Gyun Woo, so I'm going to say Cha Yoo Jin from Nae Il's Cantabile. Even with Nae Il around, I still think Yoo Jin would be that sort of Type A parent who'd want to have a set routine, or who'd always expect his kids to be diligent and polite. However, I do think that he'd also try hard not to go overboard like his own father did: it would be a struggle (the same way that he struggled with that while dealing with both Nae Il and the S Orchestra at first), but he'd certainly try his best to be kind and supportive as well.

9.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead)

This one's a tie, as I've got two different answers with two different reasons.

a) Cha Dong Woo from Nae Il's Cantabile. Like a number of you guys, I'm really, genuinely curious about just what makes him tick. While he does end up becoming an emotionally abusive, manipulative narcissistic husband and father (take that for a colorful description, @Calli!), he's not the sort of parent who becomes abusive because he genuinely hates his son (unlike Park Si On and Kim Tae Hyun's dads), or because he's trying to live vicariously through them (like Han Seung Jae - i.e. Gu Ma Jun's biological dad). Instead, I described him earlier as the "stereotypical Asian dad on steroids" because I honestly wonder if, maybe, we're dealing with a tragic version of the "golden child syndrome": i.e. the belief that your child is so much better (smarter, more talented, better-looking, etc.) than everyone else that you end up placing completely unrealistic and unattainable expectations on them...and think less of them when reality doesn't work out that way. So, honestly, I'd like to see some of Cha Yoo Jin's childhood or formative years from Cha Dong Woo's point of view.

b) Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice. There's a reason why I used him as my example in the prompt ;) Honestly, I think I'd be interested in a couple of different spin-off ideas. One is an AU (alternate universe) version of the story that follows through on what could have happened if Min Hyuk had, in fact, chosen to stay with Tae Yi and their unborn child. And the other idea would be for a prequel: since Yoo Min Hyuk is not a scientist or a researcher, how did he end up interested in time travel? How did he end up getting recruited into Alice? And how did he end up together with Tae Yi? Again, this is more about just wanting to see more about what makes him tick :) 

lol - Yeah...those who have seen my responses from my earlier version of this game last year will probably notice that my answers haven't changed much. However, it was still fun to re-think these prompts and see what effects adding Alice had ;) 

2 hours ago, Calli said:
4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Okay, this might be a terribly terribly stupid question, especially considering I watched Alice twice, but why can't PJG "technically" become a father? :huh: Haha, I'm probably missing something huge right now and coming off as the worst JW fan ever but I'm so clueless I just had to ask^^

Honestly, I'm confused here, too @kireeti2. Like, yes, there was a running gag about Park Jin Gyeom having "aspermia" (i.e. that he's sterile), but that was more a joke around the other characters' inability to say "alexithymia" (the two conditions sound very similar in Korean) than any actual comment on his capabilities. ;) At most, I'd argue that Park Jin Gyeom is asexual (i.e. that he doesn't feel sexual attraction), but that doesn't mean he's incapable of fathering a child if he (or his partner - let's assume Kim Do Yeon for the sake of argument) ends up wanting to.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Even though, in my imagination, it would actually be rather difficult for them to have kids (mostly due a combination of Yeo Jin's frail health and Tae Hyun's determination to protect her), if they ever did or, alternately, if they ever chose to adopt, I think this would be an awesome family to watch :) 

It is true certainly I recently remembered that yeojin had health problems so I think it was impossible to get pregnant since with pure surgery that they did, it would complicate the life of her baby and hers but I really wanted to see a part in which they would be parents and that ending left me unsatisfied
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

1. My favorite JW drama dad

Yoon Min Hyuk - because he was just trying to be a good father, even though he had not much opportunity. His wife left him for another timeline :( and he didn't even know why. Sure his news to pregnancy was shock, because he was so careerfocused.

2. My least favorite JW drama dad

Father of Good Doctor. Not only is he an alcoholic abuser, he is a screamer too and he thinks Shi Won is a waste of space when he is just the most adorable! Someone who clearly needs to mistreat others in order to feel better himself

5. The JW drama character I would most want to see as a dad

Dr. Park Shi On :D 

6. The JW drama character I think would make a terrible dad (Note: you decide what counts as "terrible")

7. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "fun" or "lax" dad. Dr. Park Shi On, I feel he'd relate a lot to his kid and see the world from his eyes, especially because of the treatment he got from society. His unconventional upbringing would be a boon!

9. The JW drama character who is most likely to be the "strict" dad

The character he played in Bridal Mask. 

10.The JW drama dad I would most want to see a spinoff or alternate point-of-view story about (e.g. a spinoff of Alice where Yoo Min Hyuk's the lead) 

Yes Yoon Min Hyuk. His character was only shown briefly but I was intrigued a lot, especially could would be if there is a prequel with him and his partner :D to flesh out the story for time travellers and the agency!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, kittyna said:

For example, if you'll permit me my writer's mind again, I can see him being the sort of dad who'd let his kids pounce on him for hugs as soon as he gets home from work, or who'd make a point to video chat with them every single day if he's stuck working overtime at the clinic (or has to self-isolate - either because of something like COVID-19 or another sickness that could be potentially deadly for Yeo Jin if he brings it home by mistake). He'd also task his kids with making sure their mom and aunt (i.e. So Hyun) are taken care of, but he'd do it in such a way that it feels fun rather than like a chore or a burden (e.g. jokingly asking "Did you tell Eomma to wash her hands yet? She's not gonna do it unless you say so" before a meal or something like that).

for the end I would have wanted this story the one you told having children and that since both suffered and I think that if they had ended like this the drama would have been great but the writers ended it in such an exaggerated way
13 minutes ago, kittyna said:

b) Yoo Min Hyuk from Alice. There's a reason why I used him as my example in the prompt ;) Honestly, I think I'd be interested in a couple of different spin-off ideas. One is an AU (alternate universe) version of the story that follows through on what could have happened if Min Hyuk had, in fact, chosen to stay with Tae Yi and their unborn child. And the other idea would be for a prequel: since Yoo Min Hyuk is not a scientist or a researcher, how did he end up interested in time travel? How did he end up getting recruited into Alice? And how did he end up together with Tae Yi? Again, this is more about just wanting to see more about what makes him tick :) 

lol - Yeah...those who have seen my responses from my earlier version of this game last year will probably notice that my answers haven't changed much. However, it was still fun to re-think these prompts and see what effects adding Alice had ;) 

somehow the character of the drama did not interest me much I think it is because he had very little screen time
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1