Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

4 minutes ago, Calli said:

ooooooh!! these must be from the Baker King wrap-up party that took place on September 16, 2010!! 

I had never seen them before either @Andrea Balcazar. Thanks so much for sharing :partyblob:

enter that instagram profile you have several exclusive images you get several things of joo won

• Like 3
  • Replies 58.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

Hahaha @Andrea Balcazar, I'm smiling at your cute description. 

I just saw Joo Won's insta story too and it seems he's busy busy training these days too. I thought maybe he wouldn't have the time to train as much since he started filming Carter but seems he can still make time for training. 

What I love most though about his story is how he's asking us all cutely how we are, smiley and all :wub: 

spacer.png

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Calli said:

I just saw Joo Won's insta story too and it seems he's busy busy training these days too. I thought maybe he wouldn't have the time to train as much since he started filming Carter but seems he can still make time for training. 

What I love most though about his story is how he's asking us all cutely how we are, smiley and all 

haha it's true but what I don't like is that it is very bulky since I'm afraid that he would see it flaccid in the movie like in Alice I really love his little ears but really because of doing so much exercise he is losing his pretty face and hearing them

12 minutes ago, Calli said:

Hahaha @Andrea Balcazar, I'm smiling at your cute description.

haha yes even I laughed because of how I said it

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

haha it's true but what I don't like is that it is very bulky since I'm afraid that he would see it flaccid in the movie like in Alice I really love his little ears but really because of doing so much exercise he is losing his pretty face and hearing them

I really really miss his cute, fluffy cheeks too, Andrea... It's been a while since we've seen his lovely face and I'm sure he'll look amazing, but I still know what you mean. 

Joo Won always commits 100% to everything he does and it seems training at the gym has become a necessity to him for sure. I don't know in how far that could also partly be because of his role in Carter but judging from his habits during Ghost as well, he's a gym enthusiast through and through. 

For me, since I'm currently living both in 2013 and 2021 thanks to Joo Won and my research on him^^, the contrast between then and now is quite huge. Back then he never had the time to exercise during his endless schedule of filming one thing after another, and I think he really felt his stamina and condition drop after a while, especially when he returned to the stage for Ghost in 2013/14 (and he couldn't get rid of that cold, remember?). And that's also when he started training with Park Jeong Sik. So I can imagine that seeing his stamina grow over time and his health improve overall, kept him motivated to keep training. And now in 2021 we have buff Joo Won as a result^^ I can imagine him now, no matter how busy he is, to always make time for his training, even amidst a busy filming schedule. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Calli said:

And that's also when he started training with Park Jeong Sik. So I can imagine that seeing his stamina grow over time and his health improve overall, kept him motivated to keep training. And now in 2021 we have buff Joo Won as a result^^ I can imagine him now, no matter how busy he is, to always make time for his training, even amidst a busy filming schedule. 

It's funny when you think back to those first sessions at the gym (which he shared on Joo Won's Life Log), and he was struggling to do the pull-ups or starting out with those little 1kg weights. Yeah, we're way past that now, aren't we?

As for his filming schedule, I think it's probably manageable if he really does just focus on one project at a time. Back then, in 2012-2014, he was doing at least two - maybe even three or four - things at once, and so that really ate away at the time he had available. But now, if he's just focusing on Carter, then I can see him still being able to fit workouts into his routine. And besides, just by virtue of Carter being an action movie, some of the rehearsals and filming would also count as exercise ;) 

3 hours ago, Calli said:

Joo Won always commits 100% to everything he does and it seems training at the gym has become a necessity to him for sure. I don't know in how far that could also partly be because of his role in Carter but judging from his habits during Ghost as well, he's a gym enthusiast through and through. 

I will say that sometimes, I suspect he used to be insecure about his appearance - back when he wasn't built like he is now - so when I do see him posting gym pics like this, I do view them with just a tad of caution. It's great if he's doing this because he enjoys it or because it's healthy, but I do hope he never takes it too far and veers into "bigorexia" territory.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, kittyna said:

It's funny when you think back to those first sessions at the gym (which he shared on Joo Won's Life Log), and he was struggling to do the pull-ups or starting out with those little 1kg weights. Yeah, we're way past that now, aren't we?

Hahahaha :lol: Yup, we're way waaaaay past that for sure. But it's nice to remember... I had those images from life log in my head too as I was watching his insta story today. He's certainly come a very long way since then.

But like you @kittynaI really hope he can keep his balance and not overdo it :unsure: I had never heard of "bigorexia" before (thanks for the link!) and it sure sounds scary... I never suspected Joo Won of being insecure about his looks (since whenever he was asked about whether he sometimes thinks he's handsome, even in early interviews and despite being bashful, he always answered "yes") but I do think that the process of transforming your body can become a very, very addictive pastime. I've seen it happen to a friend and it took her quite a while to regain her balance :(

Hopefully that'll never happen to Joo Won... 

I saw this video on instagram today (you all probably saw it too) that compared Joo Won's physical condition now to how it was 3 months ago and it also mentioned "physical transformation/modification training", so I'm hoping his bulking up, and the fact that he was wearing a sweater during Park Jeong Sik's latest IG live so as not to give away his body, all has to do with his preparation for his role for Carter and is not just him getting more and more into his training. Joo Won is such a passionate actor, I can't imagine he'd ever do anything that would seriously limit what roles he can take on in the future...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Calli said:

For me, since I'm currently living both in 2013 and 2021 thanks to Joo Won and my research on him^^, the contrast between then and now is quite huge. Back then he never had the time to exercise during his endless schedule of filming one thing after another, and I think he really felt his stamina and condition drop after a while, especially when he returned to the stage for Ghost in 2013/14 (and he couldn't get rid of that cold, remember?). And that's also when he started training with Park Jeong Sik. So I can imagine that seeing his stamina grow over time and his health improve overall, kept him motivated to keep training. And now in 2021 we have buff Joo Won as a result^^ I can imagine him now, no matter how busy he is, to always make time for his training, even amidst a busy filming schedule. 

In a way I am very worried but if it is because of his role in carter that he needs so much muscle it could be why they took 2 months to film but there is one thing that worries me when he said that he only ate protein, yogurt and a little chicken and in dc gallery i was seeing that joo won is very skinny i like to exercise but i dont like exaggerate denasido its ok to have six pack but not so much

several times I have seen that joo won's friends worry about him telling him not to lose much weight and well, I also have that fear since a friend for doing like joo won only proteones lost a lot that his face was too thin and from what I have really seen I think joowon when exercising he knows how to look very skinny and worse because of his head shape

• Like 2

Happiest 11th Debut Anniversary to our actor Joo Won :highonflowers:

Studio Santa Claus Entertainment posted 6 pics on their IG to commemorate Joo Won's anniversary^^ 

spacer.png

I was kinda hoping maybe there would be something planned, like a small "hello" event with Joo Won but he's probably too busy... better not to expect anything, though the day isn't over yet^^ 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Calli said:

I was kinda hoping maybe there would be something planned, like a small "hello" event with Joo Won but he's probably too busy... better not to expect anything, though the day isn't over yet^^ 

If it's true I was a little sad since he never indicates his face and I wonder why it will be in the photos that he publishes he hides his face also that now he will not have any event it makes me sad I think the same thing happened on his tenth anniversary 

And if I see photos, he published his agency, I think he is the only actor who has done that to him.

• Like 2

Congratulations to our favourite Joo Won on his 11th debut anniversary. :partyblob:

E3a2_3iVoAotqeL?format=jpg&name=small

This man has such a beautiful, friendly, charming, fantastic, lovely, awesome, sweet smile. I hope it remains on his face always.

Wish Moon Jun Won all kind of beneficial success in this world that will make him a better man to among all the people he's surrounded by. 

And hope he knows his fans are rooting for him..always ... :heart4:

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

This man has such a beautiful, friendly, charming, fantastic, lovely, awesome, sweet smile. I hope it remains on his face always.

I love the two pics you posted next to each other so so much @flutterby06. And I'll second your wish with all my heart: may he always have plenty of reasons to smile from the heart :please:

I hope he'll always find joy and purpose in pursuing his passion. And in knowing that he has fans who love and appreciate him a whole lot~ and who can't wait for his next projects. And for his updates, however rarely they come^^ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Joo Won just posted an insta story to say "thank you" for the gifts he received today for his anniversary :fullofhearts:

spacer.png

I'm so glad he received such lovely gifts. Makes me wish us international fans could have sent something too. Maybe next year^^

edit:

I know everyone can probably translate Joo Won's caption easily but I thought it's so sweet that he said "it's already my 11th anniversary" and "Take care of your health, everyone. I miss you" 

Plus the ton of hearts he included :wub:

He also wrote that he's working hard on the shoot and "let's meet". Hopefully soon^^

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Congrats to one of my respected actors on his debut anniversary!

d9ad3bfdc2fcfdb4b1e936751ecd3dd5.gif 

Joo Won, one of the top Korean actors, with a versatile portfolio and distinctive face / voice. 

My favourite role of his is Park Shi On in Good Doctor, where he truly shines. Have seen him also in Alice, Yong Pal, My Sassy Girl (dropped), Gaksital.

In honor of his day, is there something I should watch that I haven't? :D 

btw I've never seen anyone do that many caption writings hahahaha. Wow. Kudos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Congrats to JW on the 11th anniversary of his TV debut! :hooray2:

74376c823f96dfa91f92a382cf2ab57a.jpg

I thought I'd share this awesome tribute by sachishioyama on Instagram. She's been releasing one of these chibis a day, but here's the final composite. Can you tell who's who?

7df74e628fef15eda9ed5d3551a1a70f.jpg

Personally, looking back at all the different characters JW's played, I'm struck by two things: his versatility and his humanity.

Versatility because each of his roles has a distinct personality; despite playing two doctors, two (or three, depending on how you count) chaebol heirs, and four(!) cops, there's no cookie-cutter feeling to them. You would never mix up Park Si On and Kim Tae Hyun, or Hwang Tae Hui and Park Jin Gyeom - and those last two are actually quite similar in personality (at least based on my guesses at their MBTI types), so that's saying something!

As for humanity, well, that's because JW always brings something to the role that makes his characters feel like real, fleshed out people. Even in cases where the character was originally a stock caricature (e.g. Cha Yoo Jin, Gyun Woo, etc.), JW always somehow allowed us to look underneath the surface to see a real, living human being - and that, more than anything, is a testament to his skill as an actor.

So here's to eleven years' worth of some of the most fascinating and compelling performances I've seen in K-drama to date - and here's hoping we'll have plenty more years to go!

280de08623351660514bb577663bf368.jpg

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
2 hours ago, agenth said:

@agenth, so nice to see you here and to read your lovely post :waves:

You've already covered 5 out of his 8 dramas^^ 

Good Doctor really was an incredible drama and role for Joo Won. I'm so glad he accepted it back then despite already being crazy busy with filming Catch Me and having to prepare for Ghost (and having finished 7th GCS just 3 months before). Such scripts and such characters don't come around that often... and he really got a chance to showcase what an incredibly gifted actor he is. And to think he was only 25/26 at the time...

Park Si On has a very special place in Joo Won's heart, too. I think it was on KBS's "Room of Memory" last December where he was asked what his favorite or the most memorable character he has played so far was and he replied "Park Si On". 

I really enjoyed watching him in his debut role in Baker King, maybe you would like to give it a try?

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Personally, looking back at all the different characters JW's played, I'm struck by two things: his versatility and his humanity.

You put that so beautifully @kittyna. I read your post 3 times already^^ and even though I've known Joo Won for a much shorter time than you, those are the things about him that stand out to me the most, too.

I think his warmth and his empathy (part of his humanity) are a vital part of why he is such an outstanding actor and beautiful human being... he understands emotion really well and knows how to convey it convincingly; and distinctly for each one of his characters. 

I really can't wait to see what he has in store for us in Carter and hopefully another drama soon *prettyplease* 

btw: somebody on twitter pointed out that Joo Won posted exactly 11 hearts in his "thank you" insta story from today. He really is the sweetest :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Calli said:

btw: somebody on twitter pointed out that Joo Won posted exactly 11 hearts in his "thank you" insta story from today. He really is the sweetest :wub:

Aw...that's cute! Thanks for letting us know that :)

By the way, am I the only one who cracked up upon noticing that one of the gifts was a bottle of rosé? :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Calli said:

I love the two pics you posted next to each other so so much @flutterby06. And I'll second your wish with all my heart: may he always have plenty of reasons to smile from the heart 

I hope he'll always find joy and purpose in pursuing his passion. And in knowing that he has fans who love and appreciate him a whole lot~ and who can't wait for his next projects. And for his updates, however rarely they come^^

@Calli Thank You... I was just trying to find out that bridge 11 years and what's better than two smiling picture of his first and latest drama. And fortunately the angle and smiles are just so strikingly similar.

4 hours ago, agenth said:

Joo Won, one of the top Korean actors, with a versatile portfolio and distinctive face / voice. 

My favourite role of his is Park Shi On in Good Doctor, where he truly shines. Have seen him also in Alice, Yong Pal, My Sassy Girl (dropped), Gaksital.

In honor of his day, is there something I should watch that I haven't? :D 

btw I've never seen anyone do that many caption writings hahahaha. Wow. Kudos.

@agenth really appreciate you stopping by here to wish Joo Won. :blush:

Umm @Calli suggested Joo Won's debut drama Baker King Kim Takgu.. As much as Makjang the drama is, it's kind of engaging and the fact it has some veteran senior actors and talented young actors makes up for it's makjagness. You may give it a try.

I recommend anyone who likes Joo Won work try watching Ojakgyo Brothers and Tomorrow Cantabile, because I love those two very much. But I  know Tomorrow Cantabile and Long family drama aren't everyone's cup of tea. So I'd rather suggest you a movie- Have you watched any of Joo Won movies? If you did not I'd recommend. Catch Me/ Steal my heart. it's a fun rom com with Joo Won and Kim Ah Joong.

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

I thought I'd share this awesome tribute by sachishioyama on Instagram. She's been releasing one of these chibis a day, but here's the final composite. Can you tell who's who?

From Left:

Gu Majun, Hwang Tae Hee, Han Gil Ro, Lee Kangto, Joon Hyuk, 

Seo Ki Woong, Gyun Woo, Park Jin Gyeom, Sam Whitt, Park Sion

Jang Woo, Kim Tae Hyun, Woo Ki Myung, Cha Yoo Jin, Kim Hyo Ryong

Her chibi arts are really cute.. love all these mini Joo Won characters.. 

And I'm working on something... trying to accumulate a short brief on previous news on Joo Won around 2010. Will share those. But it will probably be Thursday by then. Until then... bye. 

And 

Uri Joo Wonni, Fighting...Keep being You... Love You...:heart4:

83310815.2_99_20170314083605.jpg&type=sc

• Like 1
  • Blob 2