Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I just woke up and saw Park Jeong Sik trainernim's insta story (posted at 6:50am KST) and wondered "could it be that he's talking about the Carter set and Joo Won?" It seems he really is, at least that's what I'm seeing everyone on Instagram assume :grin: 

spacer.png

papago translation: 

"today too we've arrived at the set!!!

let's work hard! Let's help! h" 

I wonder if the "too" in "today too" refers to the Carter set or to Joo Won's filming sets in general where Park Jeong Sik has visited to support/help Joo Won? 

Either way, fighting to our actor Joo Won :partyblob:

Hopefully he'll stay safe & healthy while making many great experiences filming Carter 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Calli said:

papago translation: 

"today too we've arrived at the set!!!

let's work hard! Let's help! h" 

I wonder if the "too" in "today too" refers to the Carter set or to Joo Won's filming sets in general where Park Jeong Sik has visited to support/help Joo Won? 

Either way, fighting to our actor Joo Won :partyblob:

Hopefully he'll stay safe & healthy while making many great experiences filming Carter 

I am very sure that it is the filming of our joo won

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I am very sure that it is the filming of our joo won

I'm rather sure, too~

I responded to Park Jeong Sik's insta story by asking if it's about Joo Won and wishing them all the best and he saw and liked it, so I'll just take it as confirmation that they're on the Carter set :lol: 

Hopefully Joo Won will say hello from the set, too, if he has the time...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Calli said:

I'm rather sure, too~

I responded to Park Jeong Sik's insta story by asking if it's about Joo Won and wishing them all the best and he saw and liked it, so I'll just take it as confirmation that they're on the Carter set :lol: 

Hopefully Joo Won will say hello from the set, too, if he has the time...

then i'm sure it's joo won's filming set but what made me think another day i guess joo won has already been filming for a while

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

then i'm sure it's joo won's filming set but what made me think another day i guess joo won has already been filming for a while

You mean because of the "today too" in Park Jeong Sik's insta story? Yeah, Joo Won might have already started filming a little while ago... either way, at least we now know for sure that he has started filming Carter :blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Calli said:

I'm sure everyone has already seen Joo Won's first Happy Together episode that aired on September 30, 2010, but just in case someone hasn't. Here it is with English subs

Thank you very much I saw it but without subtitles thanks for sharing

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Girls I come to tell you that I just saw a movie that Carter's director directed and really my applause since the action scenes are from the beginning and are well done that I could say that it was so real that I really got into the movie I recommend that they see it if they want to see the work of the director of the film that is doing with joo won is called the villainess
Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I recommend that they see it if they want to see the work of the director of the film that is doing with joo won is called the villainess

Thanks so much for the recommendation, @Andrea Balcazar~ I've been meaning to watch at least one of the director's previous movies but honestly haven't gotten around to it.

I hope everyone is having a lovely & relaxed weekend 

2013_0510_1N2D_Im-out06fe97f95269d4b6.gi

I wonder if Joo Won's agency has anything planned for his 11th anniversary? It's only 3 days away but so far it's been very quiet :mellow: Joo Won is probably way too busy filming but I'm still hopeful he'll say hi somehow^^ 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Calli said:

Thanks so much for the recommendation, @Andrea Balcazar~ I've been meaning to watch at least one of the director's previous movies but honestly haven't gotten around to it.

I hope everyone is having a lovely & relaxed weekend 

The film is really good, I loved it from the beginning to the end, I think that the producer of Carter will do a great job, too, the film was invited to the Cannes festival. I don't know if you know about these awards, they only invite the best films.

• Like 4

Hey everyone, 

while browsing DC Gallery, I stumbled on this fill-in-the-blanks Q&A that Joo Won must have filled out some time after he filmed Gaksital (and before he filmed 7th GCS) in 2012, judging from his answers^^

659966765.jpg?Expires=1624194349&Signatu

I tried to translate it with the help of papago and I thought I'd share.

I don't know if I always read Joo Won's hand writing properly, so please correct me if there's anything wrong~

Sadly I couldn't make out his reply to 5 and 11 at all :( 

edit: @flutterby06very kindly and very quickly found the answers to those two question so I'll include her corrections in purple:

1. Favorite/best character I've played so far: Lee Kangto. 

2. The set I had the most fun on filming: Ojakgyo Brothers

3. Cosmetics that I use without exception: Skin + Essence + Lotion. (*I'm only sure about the last two*)

4. My average shower time: 40 minutes.

5. The first time I drank was at: 고1 (1st year of high school)

6. The most memorable co-starring actress: Jin Se-yeon.

7. In 1N2D, the member I feel most comfortable with: Uhm Tae Woong.

8. Favorite Karaoke song: "I miss you" (보고싶다)

9. The song I'm into these days: "Take out" (maybe he meant this group)

10. The best rival is: oneself/myself. 

11. My nickname is: Jokthoma. ( "Red Hare", it's a Korean historical Red Horse )

12. My favorite Girl's Generation member is: Yoona.

13. The thing I want to buy the most now is: a house.
14. My drinking capacity is: one glass of soju.
15. The best time of the day: when I have a delicious meal.
16. My strength as an actor is: passion + stamina.
17. The part of my face I like the most is: eyes.
18. Favorite actor: Al Pacino, Johnny Depp.
19. The hardest moment of my life: Gaksital filming.
20. My most recent kiss was: two or three weeks ago (*I'm not 100% sure about this either^^*)

edit: 

sorry @Andrea Balcazar, I only saw your post after I posted mine. I didn't realize we were on a new page again^^ Yes!! I know about the Cannes Film Festival. It's very well known and prestigious. How wonderful that the film was shown there. I'm sure Joo Won is in the best of hands~ 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, Calli said:

I only saw your post after I posted mine. I didn't realize we were on a new page again^^ Yes!! I know about the Cannes Film Festival. It's very well known and prestigious. How wonderful that the film was shown there. I'm sure Joo Won is in the best of hands~ 

Your translation was very good since I have already seen the likes of Joo Won and what you translated is all good

4 hours ago, Calli said:

Favorite actor: Al Pacino, Johnny Depp

I love the idea that joo won and I also have jonny depp among our favorites, he is a great actor and I really wish to see him playing some kind of role that jonny depp has played

yes and true without forgetting that leonardo dicaprio is also one of his favorites and he said that he would like to become like him in the future an actor that fits any character

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, Calli said:

I found this really sweet news segment on Joo Won's last filming for Baker King and thought I'd share. Maybe you've already seen it. Sadly there are no English subs but 23-year-old Joo Won is beyond precious and maybe some understand the gist without subs. 

As a national drama Baker King Kim Takgu actually received a lot of attention and there are many clips available from YTN News. This interview was done in Majun's last filming on set. Because 11th anniversary is coming soon let's go over this interview. 

1:15 :- Hello, Audience of YTN News. I'm Joo Won playing Gu Majun in Baker King Kim Takgu.

1:23- Question- How do you feel now that it's ending?

Joo Won-In one hand I feel refreshing now that filming has ended but I also feel that I could have done better, I should have done better- these feeling are also there.

1:45- Q- Thoughts about ending?

JW- Majun got some lesson(got some understanding), he started to express his honest feeling to everyone and thus the end result was nice. So watch in on broadcast.

2:07- JW_ This is our house. This is the entrance. This is where I cry, laugh and get angry, I did a lot. Many audience asked if this is indeed a house. But the set itself has been constructed so beautifully... I'd like it it could remain like this.

They goes to main bedroom.

There's a memorable scene coming up next week where I talk with my father, that scene was quite emotional to me. 

Q-Did you expressed your honest feeling to your father?

JW- That will... be the case maybe?

Both: Watch the broadcast (to find out). Ha Ha...

3:12- Majun's room is supposed to be in upstairs...but it's actually in 1st floor. This is Majun's room.. Now it has been decorated as newlywed's room after Yukyung entered here. The things that used to be in Majun's room...(after checking).. They're all gone now... ha ha ha..There were books and table-chairs but now those are gone.

4:23- Q- drama PD Lee Jung Seop described this drama as Yoon Si Yoon and Joo Won's growth/development drama. What do you think about it.

JW- I definitely had a lot of growth.. because at first I really didn't know anything. But with time I learned bit by bit ....

4:45-Q- There was a news of head injury at the beginning of the drama filming?

JW- There was a sccene were I run with Takgu Hyung with hand tied by rope. We were a bit careless and I fell on the ground and hit back of my head. I got a bit senseless for around 5-6 seconds, I just stayed put. then went to emergency room and after checking out joined filming right away. 

5:15-q- How do you feel like acting with Jeon Kwang Chul and Jeon In Hwa?

JW-In case of Jeon Kwang Chul sam (Teacher) the scene where test the humidity in the weather, That scene left a strong impression. Jeon In Hwa sam also... what I want to learn most from her is her Diction.

5:34- Q- Did you got close to Yoon Si Yoon.

JW- We are. We're done filming today, we're meeting tonight close by house. He drinks (alcohol) but can't at all. So we'll probably drink coffee together.

6:03- Stories from Majun and Yu Kyung's Marriage?

JW-It was a bit lonely but still a happy event. I knew Takgu was on Yu Kyung's mind, so we hesitated at some moment but I liked it, it was beautiful.

6:30- Q- What would you do if you had to choose a woman who loves someone in real life?

JW- I never thought like that. Before there's a situation where I thought things like this could happen. .......................... (can't understand)......... I think a marriage will be happier if two person loves each other from the starting(Opposite of Yukyung-Majun's case)...

7:00- Q- Kiss scene with Yukyung?

JW- At first it was forced kiss, in next one yu kung had no intention and only I was kissing her and in third one both of us were into it with our honestly feeling. Last one was hardest, it had lot of NG. 

Next he was asked about forced kiss scene.

He said said he was very nervous but went with it anyway and it was done in one take. So he was felt good.. It was not that he thought he was a good kisser just the fact he found it satisfying that he was done in one take. But the fact he ended up expressing his satisfaction become a issue.. ha ha..

((((so looks like the actual kiss take was done in one but anyone saw that clip where JW actually got slapped multiple times by eugene right after that because the slapping scene had NGs.?? )))

8:08- Q- Joo Won is a shining star?

JW- After I went to university I started musical while continuing my studies. I've been in ensemble and main cast in 3b years of my musical life but no w I'm doing drama. I'm not shining like a star yet but it feels nice when someone says like iteven without a deep meaning in it.

8:40- Q0 Is your real name Moon Jun Won?

JW- My father one day decided his stage name "Joo Won" "God Willing". ... (((he said more, can't translate well)))

8:56- What's your ideal type?

JW- I'm the type to observe someone if I find someone likable. I observe how she treat elders.. And that's a very important matter to me.

9:16- Misunderstanding and truth about Joo Won?

JW- I'm not like Majun. I'm not cold, I don't talk roughly either. I've a bright personality.

9:40-Q- At your first night of your marriage you left yukyung for other women!?

JW- Filming that night was quite difficult for me. PD nim was very flustered seeing me so awkward. I was supposed to coolly act in the night club, but I was very embarrassed with women at my side.  

10:05-Q- What do you think is Joo Won's charm?

JW- Many seniors have said to me that there can be seen many faces on me. I thought it'd be very nice if I could express all those faces very well. This time I've expressed Majun and I would be confident to express another side next time.

10:35-Q- What kind of role you want to play in future?

JW- A character that shows both good and evil? Something like that. 

10:44-Q- Say something for Y-Star viewers.

JW- I've been thankful and acted happily. Please look forward to how actor Joo Won moves forward. Thank You. Please be happy. 

............................................. End..................................................

See as a young and new actor how Joowon wanted to play a future character with good and evil in it...Indeed he had chosen a different path since the beginning. May be that's why it didn't take much years for him to be a chance to be Lee Kangto. :approves:

On 6/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, Calli said:

Does anyone maybe know when and what kind of event that was? @kittynamaybe you might know?

I was trying to figure it out based on his haircut and it sorta looks like it could have been 2011 but I really have no clue...

if someone can help I'd appreciate it so much! 

Can't exactly say when this was taken but my bet(by looking at his physical appearance) is that it's either sometime before his TV debut or right after tv debut. JW said that he caught attention of his current agency after spring awakening (June 2009 - January 2010).

He is singing 'Those Magic Changes' from musical Grease. He was part of this musical in in 2008-2009. Know that Joo Won has been famous and had decent fan base for an young musical actor. So when JW used to perform in concert and theatre he used have a common following and crowd was very excited. 

This is such a scenario. And this song performance could be around that time before his TV debut.

Also many of his musical days video actually got uploaded in international platform like YouTube after his drama debut. His musical fans started uploading his videos when he became popular in main stream media.

This song is personally among my top favorite performance of him. Because it's really fun to see a young Joo Won singing, captivating and controlling the crowd with him. Look at the back how at the backstage other actors/singers/performers are also watching his singing, which indicates his performance is a focus point to audience as well as performers. And this performance is so Joo Won like, the one who sweetly singing yet with a sense of confidence can be seen in his performance that he knows his audience is enjoying this. I wish there a proper story behind this performance.

There's another performance version of it that he did in 14th Korean musical award stage look how he charmingly portrays his musical character here through his performance(The way he commnds the stage and moves on it :coolshades:) while in above version he does it with his personal touch. That's why may I love that more.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I love the idea that joo won and I also have jonny depp among our favorites

I'm so glad you liked the translation, @Andrea Balcazar. Papago really is a life saver^^

Thankfully @flutterby06is very generous with her expertise and now we know what Joo Won answered to all 20 questions :heartxoxo:

Johnny Depp is a really amazing actor. I remember reading a while back that Marlon Brando had called him the most talented actor of his generation... 

@flutterby06thank you soooooo so much for translating that news segment :heart4:

It took me forever to transcribe it to be honest and then papago/google weren't really helpful with some parts. Your translations are such a gift :') I'm really so grateful!!

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

He said said he was very nervous but went with it anyway and it was done in one take. So he was felt good.. It was not that he thought he was a good kisser just the fact he found it satisfying that he was done in one take. But the fact he ended up expressing his satisfaction become a issue.. ha ha..

Haha, yeah. Apparently Joo Won saying that their kiss was done in one take and that it got an "okay" right away during some press conference that was held on August 8th, 2010, became somewhat of an issue? lol. Here is one of the articles that were written about it:

https://m.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view-amp/2010/08/431773/

Joo Won is so humble, you really have to want to misunderstand him to make an issue out of his statement but I guess it was a good / click-worthy headline the reporters just had to run with.

I think a marriage will be happier if two person loves each other from the starting(Opposite of Yukyung-Majun's case)...

I think that part referred to the question of whether Joo Won would ever marry someone in opposition to his parents' wishes.

((((so looks like the actual kiss take was done in one but anyone saw that clip where JW actually got slapped multiple times by eugene right after that because the slapping scene had NGs.?? )))

Yeeeees :lol: I remembered the multiple slapping bts right away too. Thankfully Joo Won had said back then the way Eugene was slapping him and how in sync they were with him turning his head at the right time, those slaps didn't hurt too much^^

8:08- Q- Joo Won is a shining star?

Oh! The question was "shining star". Papago had given me "lighting star" like he became a star suddenly and out of the blue like a lightning bolt (aka seemingly without having worked very hard for it)

JW- A character that shows both good and evil? Something like that. 

I thought that reply was very very interesting. Especially because to me Majun felt like such a character... I wish Joo Won would have elaborated on that. I would love to know what he had in mind more specifically back then. 

For sure though his choices of characters in his early years already show how passionate and committed he was to acting, not to popularity. And how brave he was. He took on Lee Kangto when so many other more famous actors had turned the role down out of fear of repercussions (with their marketability on the Japanese market) while all he saw was the script and the character. I'm so happy his bravery and passion were rewarded :')

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Calli said:

@flutterby06thank you soooooo so much for translating that news segment :heart4:

It took me forever to transcribe it to be honest and then papago/google weren't really helpful with some parts. Your translations are such a gift :') I'm really so grateful!!

You're most welcome.. I'm always happy to share Joowon staffs... and about my translations.... all I can say is watching all those k-dramas with English sub and numerous JW interviews I consumed with starry eyes again again pays off! Ha ha ... :winkx:

13 minutes ago, Calli said:

I think that part referred to the question of whether Joo Won would ever marry someone in opposition to his parents' wishes.

Ithere was a bit of mentioned of that.. but mostly questioned was- Will he want to be with someone who has someone else in her mind.. Joo Won at the end replied in negative saying he'd not like to do so.

• Like 3

40-Q- At your first night of your marriage you left yukyung for other women!?

JW- Filming that night was quite difficult for me. PD nim was very flustered seeing me so awkward. I was supposed to coolly act in the night club, but I was very embarrassed with women at my side.  

Thanks for the tradition, I saw the video a year ago but it was without subtitles and just by seeing Joo Won's face I did not care about this scene, I was wondering how Joo Won felt and I imagined that he felt uncomfortable since Joo Won is very different I can imagine majun as embarrassing with the kiss scene with the girl from the bar

@flutterby06Could you help me by saying what it says in this interview is that there are no subtitles

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

@flutterby06Could you help me by saying what it says in this interview is that there are no subtitles

0:12- Q- It looks like you're hungry?

JW- It even smells nice. I've so many food in front of me. I'm salivating (at food).

0:49- Interviewer introducing Joo Won-

Whenever you see him he seems such a good man, a child who is from another house but makes you proud/feel good thinking he grew so nicely, A man who you always want to keep by your side, we came to meet our Joo Won shi. 

0:58- JW- Section TV viewers, I've filmed this advertisement so I can show up here. ((( awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....and he is getting embarrassed at his own cheesiness ))). I'm Joo Won. Clap clap..

1:04-Q- Oh My! Even talk so sweetly....

1:13- Q- You're the maknae(youngest) of your family..Maknaes usually gets treated like a (adored)daughters of the family...

1:17- JW- Even after that sons still have some bluntness in them.. They can't be as adorable as daughters.. That's why I wanted to do that for my parents (Caption: Joo Won's effort for his daughterless parents), I used to go to kitchen and cook.

1:31: Q- Questioner here made some crude old grandma type joke which indicates man who enters kitchen aren't man enough and says sorry in the background. Joo Won laughs it off.

1:34: So can you cook?

JW- I am not that good.. I do like cooking.. In my parents birthdays I make Seaweed soup (Which is customary birthday celebration food in Korean tradition) 

1:42: -Q- Oh really? With Beef or Clams?

JW- with Beef.

Q- oh you do know how to it well!

Joo Won seems satisfied at the compliment and the caption says- I'm a man who knows how to cook!

1:48- His parents will be full even without eating..

1:52-Q- No matter how good a child is there's some rebellion to time to time...

JW- That's not really the case with me. My teacher one said to me ...... GO(REBEL) AGAINST YOUR PARENTS. (laugh)

2:08-Q- The worst think you've done  to your parents in your opinion?

JW- First time I had a little disagreement with my parents is when I wanted to start acting. Rather than disagreement we all(whole family) were deeply worried. 

2: 42-Q- Isn't there an sunbae who discovered Joo Won's musical talent first.

JW- Yes. Ji Sung(musical actor) Sanbae.

Isn't he doing a MBC Drama...

I met him recently before he started filming.. Because it's his first TV drama he asking how filming set environment is, how it works, he asked things like that. 

3:02- Oh! It's like you guys changed position.

JW- It was a bit like that.

Q- It must've felt special.

3:15-How did you start musical? By facing audition?

JW- I went for audition. It was a closed door audition and I didn't pass. Then after 1 month there was an open audition. I went there with full preparation and luckily got casted.

Sadly the clip ended here tho we know the interview must've gone for a few more questions.

I like MBC section tv interviews with Joo Won. Both KBS and MBC got many interviews with Joo Won. :)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Lamentablemente, el clip terminó aquí, aunque sabemos que la entrevista debe haber ido por algunas preguntas más.

Me gustan las entrevistas de televisión de la sección MBC con Joo Won. Tanto KBS como MBC obtuvieron muchas entrevistas con Joo Won. :)

Thank you very much for the traditions, you are very good with Korean, how did you learn it?

• Like 3