Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Hey everyone~

just dropped by to wish you all a good start into the new month. It's June already! I can't believe it's been almost 3 months since we got the confirmation that Joo Won will take on the leading role in Carter... time flies. Since this month also marks his 11th drama debut anniversary (June 9th), maybe we'll soon get an update or even a live from Joo Won? *fingerscrossed*

Leaving you with one of the many (many many) Majun screencaps I took the last few days^^

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, Calli said:

You only suspect @kittyna? I don't know what he's been taught at university of course but to be honest I assumed he's a method actor based on his acting and the way he becomes the characters he plays... and a little bit based on his admiration for Robert De Niro^^ His preparation for certain roles (like for Park Shi On or Cha Yoo Jin or Jang Woo in It's Him) kinda implied a method approach to me...

I think method acting is still a tad more immersed or extreme than what JW has done so far. Like, I'm thinking of all those stories of Hollywood actors who really try to live as their characters throughout the prep and production process. Of course, JW's going to prep and learn something of what his characters know - all actors do - but when I think of "method acting", it would be like if (to give some relatively mild/harmless examples) JW actually acted as gruffly towards Shim Eun Kyung or Go Kyung Pyo off-camera as Cha Yoo Jin did to Seol Nae Il or Yoo Il Rak; or if JW used his Park Si On voice and mannerisms constantly throughout the filming of Good Doctor.

Method acting is a bit of a double-edged sword, actually: on the one hand, it can lead to really compelling and convincing performances (since the actors will literally know what their characters have experienced and felt), but on the other hand, depending on the specific role, it can be really hazardous to one's physical and mental health (with Heath Ledger being the case everyone thinks of). So, while I do love JW's immersive acting (and he really is a versatile chameleon, as you've said), I don't want him to go completely "method" in his approach; I'd much prefer that he be able to switch easily in or out of a character whenever the director calls "Cut!".

On 5/29/2021 at 2:24 PM, flutterby06 said:

On the other hand I really didn't find any character chemistry between Gil Ro and Seo Won in 7th Grade(tbh I didn't think any character in L7CS had chemistry!!) , but watching Joo Won interacting with Choi Kang Hee in 2D1N made me feel like they have very comfortable friendship among them and it showed off screen very much.

I'm totally with you on this one. I didn't feel much for the characters while watching Level 7 Civil Servant, but seeing JW and Choi Kang Hee's "off-camera" interactions...so. freaking. Cute!

But I really love their pure, heart warming and healing love chemistry in Good Doctor. I saw many have regret about Good Doctor for two reason-

1) Their romantic relationship isn't realistic. They could've skipped the romance.

2) There's not enough romance that they usually like to see in romance genre.  

I agree with your responses to these critiques, @flutterby06, and here's mine:

I can't really split my take on this into #1 and #2, because for me, it all boils down to one simple point: this is Park Si On's first real experience with romantic love. Heck, even friendship is completely new to him at the start of the drama. So, given that, I'd go into Good Doctor with the expectation that if there's anyone Park Si On ends up falling in love with or feeling attraction for, it would be the first major female BFF he has - and that's Cha Yoon Seo, hands down. 

Actually, I think that the Korean version of Good Doctor took a rather interesting "middle road" approach, where Si On ends up developing a very close friendship with Yoon Seo that starts off very childlike. But it's precisely because he's actually an adult that he starts feeling something more. And I do think the writers were trying to prove a point with that re: people on the autism spectrum, who are usually either treated as uber-innocent and naïve, or as people with absolutely no filter in terms of appropriate/inappropriate behaviour.

Mind you, the Korean version doesn't extend the story like the American one does: so I don't know if, given the chance, the writers would have had Si On and Yoon Seo in a sexual relationship like the American show does. But seeing Si On slowly grow from being shut up in his own head space to becoming friends with Cha Yoon Seo, to just starting a dating relationship...I actually thought the pacing was realistic - and both adorable and relatable - all things considered.

Some of the co-actresses specifically have friendly vibe with Joo Won in my opinion are- Shim Eun Kyung and Oh Yeon Seo. They literary were acting like friends in behind the scenes. Oh Yeon Seo and Joo Won being the same age, I think it was easier for the to be comfortable quickly and Oh Yeon Seo had fun teasing Joo Won on his upcoming military enlistment then. And Shim Eun Kyung and Joo Won tho senior-junior probably shared the same silly and goofy brain cells that it didn't take them much time to click. Age gap didn't have any effect on them being adorably silly in front of camera.

Not to mention that JW was actually dating during the My Sassy Girl filming time (just not publicly yet), so for there to be anything other than a friendship between him and Oh Yeon Seo - or to ship them accordingly - would be a bit messed up, in my opinion.

As for JW with Shim Eun Kyung...yeah, I got this really cute sunbae-hoobae vibe from them, or possibly even a literal oppa-dongsaeng vibe as well. They were just both so adorably goofy off-screen: the difference is less noticeable with Shim Eun Kyung given what Nae Il's like as a character, but as for JW...I'll leave this here, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

it would be like if (to give some relatively mild/harmless examples) JW actually acted as gruffly towards Shim Eun Kyung or Go Kyung Pyo off-camera as Cha Yoo Jin did to Seol Nae Il or Yoo Il Rak; or if JW used his Park Si On voice and mannerisms constantly throughout the filming of Good Doctor.

Ooooh, I see what you mean @kittyna. I really just thought of method acting in terms of the technique that requires the actor to "draw from personal experiences and memories in order to garner real emotions, and to connect with the characters" (quoting from the article you linked). There are some method actors, as far as I know, who break character (at least to a certain degree) when they're off set but I totally get what you mean by "complete method". 

I personally prefer it very much too for Joo Won to be able to let go - again, at least to a certain degree - of his character when the director says "cut". Especially if the character in question is rather dark or emotionally taxing. You mentioned Heath Ledger as a tragic example but also just thinking of Joaquin Phoenix and how he had to check himself into rehab after he filmed Walk the Line is really scary too... such performances are undeniable and powerful but I feel sometimes the personal cost is just too high. Maintaining a firm grip on one's identity - separate from the character an actor plays - is really important, I think, for staying healthy and balanced and being able to do this job for a long time. 

I remember though, watching 1N2D and comparing Joo Won's appearance during his Bridal Mask days versus his 7th GCS days, you can tell that part of his characters at the time were definitely affecting him (something I didn't feel with Uhm Taewoong or Cha Taehyun, who also had acting projects at the time). Joo Won did carry his characters with him on and off his drama sets~ Even if that was happening subconsciously, Joo Won's acting method is immersive and rather method than action based imo - hence why he manages to portray many different characters so convincingly. 

I also felt that, in the past at least, it wasn't very easy for Joo Won to let go of his characters quickly, especially emotionally, once shooting was done. I wonder if that has changed at all for him over time, having accumulated many characters and experience.I guess though that for those actors who truly emotionally commit to the characters they play, a part of those characters becomes part of them permanently.

I found this really sweet news segment on Joo Won's last filming for Baker King and thought I'd share. Maybe you've already seen it. Sadly there are no English subs but 23-year-old Joo Won is beyond precious and maybe some understand the gist without subs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Not to mention that JW was actually dating during the My Sassy Girl filming time (just not publicly yet), so for there to be anything other than a friendship between him and Oh Yeon Seo - or to ship them accordingly - would be a bit messed up, in my opinion.

How long was Joo Won and Boa dating before confirming their relationship publicly?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Calli said:

I found this really sweet news segment on Joo Won's last filming for Baker King and thought I'd share. Maybe you've already seen it. Sadly there are no English subs but 23-year-old Joo Won is beyond precious and maybe some understand the gist without subs. 

I transcribed almost all the interview, in case someone wants to use papago or google to understand a bit of what Joo Won said in the interview I posted above~

Spoiler

촬영 마친 소감은? 

긴 여정이 끝나서 한편으로 시원하긴 한데, 한편으로는 "왠지 더 잘할 수 있었을 것" 같은데. 좀 더 열심히 할 걸 하는. 

결말에 대해? 

마준이도 뭔가 깨달음을 얻고. 모든 사람한테 진심을 말하기 시작하고. 그러면서 행복한 결말을 남겼어요. 네. 방송을 보십쇼. 

여기가 이제 저희 집. 거성식품 구일중 회장님의 집인데요. 여기가 이제 입구입니다. 

여기서 울고 웃고 화내고 많이 했죠. 

실제 집 같은데? 

정말 많은 분들이 물어 보시거든요. 실제 집이냐고 여기가. 근데 세트 라도 너뮤 예쁘게 지어서, 계속 있었으면 좋겠어요. 

안방 침실으로 가볼까요? 

여기는 어떤 공간? 

여기서 기억이 남는 게 아버지한테... 이제 이번 주에 나오겠지만. 아버지한테 말하는 신이 있는데, 그 장면이 되게 저한테는 감동적이었던 신이였고. 

어떤 장면인지 살짝 공개하자면? 

그런 식일까요? 방송을 보시죠. 

마준 방은 사실은 2층으로 올라가야 되지만, 1층에 있습니다.  속임수였어요. 이제 야기가 마준 방인데 지금은 신혼방으로 바뀌었어요. 마준 방에 있던 것은ㅍ다 없어졌군요. 원래 책이랑 책상이랑 있었는데 없어졌네요. 

촬영장에서 팬들에게 한 마디? 

없어질 것 같아 상당히 아쉽고. 그래서 또 한 번 다시 와봐서 여러분들이랑 구경을 한 번 해봤고요. 지금까지 만히 사랑해주셔서 감사하고. 

연기력 논란 잠쟈우며 성장 가능성 내비쳐

이정섭 PD가 "윤시윤 - 주원의 성장드라마"  라고 표현했는데? 

엄청난 성장을 했죠. 왜냐하면 처음엔 정말 아무것도 몰랐고, 근데 뭔가 조금씩 알아가고. 그리고 뭔가 계속 하다 보니...

극 초반 머리 부상 투혼 발휘해 

극 초반 머리 부상 소식이 전해지기도 했는데? 

김탁구 형이랑 손에 끈을 묶고 막 달려가는. 도망가는 신이였는데. 약간 방심한 나머지 머리가 뒷머리가 부딪혔어요. 제가 한 5-6초간 정지해 있었데요. 응급실 갔다가 검사받고 바로 촬영 들어갔어요. 

'연기 고수' 전광렬 : 전인화에게 한 수 배워 

전광럴 전인화와 함께 연기한 소감? 

소름이 돋죠. 전광럴 선생님 같은 경우에는 갑자기 몰입도가 최고이신 것 같아요. 전인화 선생님도 정말... 제일 본 받고 싶은 건 딕션! (대사 전달력) 

윤시윤과 만히 친해졌다고? 

오늘도 촬영 끝났는데 저녁에 집 앞에서 보기로 했어요. 형은 술을 좀 하긴 하는데. 저는 아예 못해서. 같이 커피 한 잔 하기로. 

글프고도 아름다운 결혼식 화제 만발 

유경과의 결혼식 장면 에피소드가 있다면? 

쓸쓸하고 근데도 약간 행북했던 결혼식이었고. 유경이가 김탁구를 생각하는 거 뻔히 알고 있고. 순간순간 갈등을 했고. 하지만 되게 좋았어요.  

실제라면 주원은 어떤 선택을 할까? 

남의 여자에게 호감 가진 경험은? 

솔직히 그런 적은 없는데. 에전에는 그렇게 생각했었어요. '그럴 수도 있어' 그랬는데. 안 그럴 것 같아요. 다른 사람의 여자고. 

실제라면 부모가 반대하는 결혼 할 수 있나? 

시작부터 정말 서로 둥의가 있고 행북해야. 계속 결혼 생활 행북할 수 있다고 저는 확실히 생각하고 있기 때문에. 그런 결혼은 안할 것 같아요. 

화제가 된 유경과의 키스 에피소드?

맨 처음에 강제로 키스하는 것. 도 번째는 유경이 마음에 없는데 저혼자 한 것. 세 번째가 이제 서로의 마음이 통해서, 진심이 통해서 하는 키스신이 있었는데. 제일 힘들었던 건 세 번째였던 것 같아요. 그 신을 찍기 위해서 계속 NG가 났어요. 수도 없이 났어요. 

그 짧은 장면을 3시간 넘게 찍은 것 같은데... 

강제 키수신은 단 번에 ok? 

너무 긴장울 했어요. 생각 색각 하다가 "아. 모르겠다. 그냥 부딪히자"

그냥 이렇게 들이댔는데 감독님이 너무 좋아 하시면서 오케이!

그냥 내가 키스를 잘한다는 게 아니라 

"아. 나 좀 잘했나봐. NG가 한 번도 안 났어" 

이런 식으로 말했면 거지. 그게 큰 이슈가 됐네요. 

주원은 벼락스타다? 

대학교 들어가서 (연기) 공부를 계속 하면서 뮤지컬을 시작했고. 뮤지컬 3년을 주조연 앙상블부터 하고. 드라마로 왔잖아요. 통으로 따지자면 벼락은 아니지만. 드라마 쪽에서는 뭐 그렇게 말씀하셔도 저는 변명할게 없네요. 

본명이 문준원? 

아버지가 새벽기도를 하시면서. 응답을 받으셨데요. 주님을 원하는. 주님이 원하는. 이런 뜻에서 제 이름을 생각할 때마다 약간 의지가 되는 것 같아서. 좋다고 생각하고. 

실제 이상형은? 

눈을 제일 먼저 보고. 마음이 가는 여자가 있으면 그 사람을 좀 지켜보는 편이거든요. 근데 어르신들한테 어떻게 대하는지. 그런 것도 보게 되고. 그게 제일 중요한 것 같고. 

본인이 생각하는 연기자 주원의 매력은?

내 얼굴에는 많은 얼굴이 보인다고. 그렇게 많은 선생님들나 말씀을 해주셨거든요. 그것을 제가 잘 표현만 할 수 있다면 참 좋겠다.  생각을 했는데. 이번엔 김마준이 샅은 모습 보여드렸으니까. 다음에는 또 다른 모습을 보여드릴 수 있을거라 자신을 하고.

<제빵왕 김탁구> 최대 수혜주로 떠올라

앞으로 하고 싶은 연기가 있다면? 

선과 악이 뚜렷한 그런... 다중이? 그런 역할 한번 해보고 싶어요. 

I thought it was really interesting that among the 3 kiss scenes Joo Won had with Eugene, the third one - which really touched me because it was so sweet and sincere and both their hearts were in it and they looked like two broken souls clinging onto each other for dear life - gave Joo Won the hardest time^^ I honestly thought it would have been their first kiss because it was forced, but with that one, Joo Won, after thinking and thinking, just went for it and the director really liked the outcome. Whereas their third kiss scene apparently took 3 hours to shoot.

@Andrea Balcazar, according to this article Joo Won and Boa stared dating "since late last year (2016) after meeting in a gathering of their respective colleagues and acquaintances." But I have no clue of course how accurate that is... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Calli said:

thought it was really interesting that among the 3 kiss scenes Joo Won had with Eugene, the third one - which really touched me because it was so sweet and sincere and both their hearts were in it and they looked like two broken souls clinging onto each other for dear life - gave Joo Won the hardest time^^ I honestly thought it would have been their first kiss because it was forced, but with that one, Joo Won, after thinking and thinking, just went for it and the director really liked the outcome. Whereas their third kiss scene apparently took 3 hours to shoot.

I like to see that we had almost the same thought I loved the third kiss it was so sincere that time that it seemed to me the best

17 minutes ago, Calli said:

according to this article Joo Won and Boa stared dating "since late last year (2016) after meeting in a gathering of their respective colleagues and acquaintances." But I have no clue of course how accurate that is... 

I think they have been dating since the end of 2015, the actors always do not know how to give specific dates if I am not mistaken then the two were dating for 2 years

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I think they have been dating since the end of 2015, the actors always do not know how to give specific dates if I am not mistaken then the two were dating for 2 years

To be honest I don't really know much on the topic beyond the few articles I've read that said they confirmed their relationship in January 2017 and then in November 2017 they confirmed their break-up. No clue how long they dated exactly (and honestly that's something only the two of them and their close ones should know~) but several articles suggested they dated for about a year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Calli said:

To be honest I don't really know much on the topic beyond the few articles I've read that said they confirmed their relationship in January 2017 and then in November 2017 they confirmed their break-up. No clue how long they dated exactly (and honestly that's something only the two of them and their close ones should know~) but several articles suggested they dated for about a year. 

I say it since I saw some articles that said that they came out since 2015 dispatch published that
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

How long was Joo Won and Boa dating before confirming their relationship publicly?

4 hours ago, Calli said:

according to this article Joo Won and Boa stared dating "since late last year (2016) after meeting in a gathering of their respective colleagues and acquaintances." But I have no clue of course how accurate that is... 

I will say that my memory on this is fuzzy, despite actually watching/reading about it in real time :P, but if I recall correctly, JW and BoA met first in 2011, when he just happened to present an award to her at the Golden Disk Awards for that year. After that, they weren't super-close (at least, not publicly), but some fans did discover in hindsight that they'd exchanged comments a few times online over the subsequent years.

The "official" start to any sort of friendship, though, is said to be 2015 (which might be what @Andrea Balcazar saw)...but that's probably not when they started dating. Why? Because, let's be frank, that's not JW's style: he takes his time with these things, and we JW fans all knew that. So, with that in mind, the most likely start would be sometime in 2016: when exactly is hard to say, but they should have already been together by the time JW started filming My Sassy Girl and BoA started filming This Week, My Wife will be Having an Affair, respectively. Why I remember that much at least is that there were rumours after the dating news went public that JW had actually helped BoA with some of her acting.

But to be honest, I wasn't all that invested in the dating news when it came out, save for just being completely caught off guard, like, "Wait - they know each other??? And they're dating???" You know, since JW's had been almost consistently shipped with just his co-stars at the time, this came completely out of nowhere :P 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kittyna said:

The "official" start to any sort of friendship, though, is said to be 2015 (which might be what @Andrea Balcazar saw)...but that's probably not when they started dating. Why? Because, let's be frank, that's not JW's style: he takes his time with these things, and we JW fans all knew that. So, with that in mind, the most likely start would be sometime in 2016: when exactly is hard to say, but they should have already been together by the time JW started filming My Sassy Girl and BoA started filming This Week, My Wife will be Having an Affair, respectively. Why I remember that much at least is that there were rumours after the dating news went public that JW had actually helped BoA with some of her acting.

If it's true, I'm sure that around 2015 or 2016 they started dating but really now I feel sorry that they couldn't last since joo won takes the dates he has until now very seriously, we only know one date with Boa but there were several rumors what joo won had with several of his co-stars I have even seen that several have said that they have had an attraction towards joo won now that I think about it even the actresses cannot resist joo won's charms

15 minutes ago, kittyna said:

But to be honest, I wasn't all that invested in the dating news when it came out, save for just being completely caught off guard, like, "Wait - they know each other??? And they're dating???" You know, since JW's had been almost consistently shipped with just his co-stars at the time, this came completely out of nowhere :P 

for example choi kang hee who is 10 years older than joo won said she was attracted to him
the next was kim ah joong saying that she too was attracted to him
the other is han chae ah the second protagonist of bridal mask said that when she kissed joo won she felt joo won as a man and was attracted to him
and the last one is kim tae hee although at that time he was still in a relationship with bi rain said that joo won has a lot of aegyo and wishes he had a child like joo won also said that the women around melted for him because of his aegyo

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

but some fans did discover in hindsight that they'd exchanged comments a few times online over the subsequent years.

Oh, that's interesting!! I haven't stumbled on any interactions between them in my Joo Won research so far (I'm still stuck in May 2013) but I thought Joo Won's reaction when Yoo Haejin mentioned Boa during their "friendship trip to Busan" episode in May 2013 was hilarious^^

Yoo Haejin had just said "someone contact Boa" when they were talking about which female celebrities they'd like to join the 1N2D cast and this was Joo Won's reaction :lol:

spacer.png

Now, I know the show was highly edited but I doubt that up until that time at least - even though they had met - they were on any kind of close terms. Which makes Joo Won's reaction considering they later got together all the funnier~

In one of the articles I had read it was also mentioned that "Joo Won was quoted saying he had watched BoA’s drama My Wife Is Having an Affair This Week and gave her advice", just like you mentioned @kittyna, and that a source close to both of them had shared that they had similar values & interests and got along really well. I try to take articles quoting such sources with a grain of salt - because I can't imagine someone who is really close to Joo Won and knows him would share details with the press. But I still feel like for them to go public with their relationship they must have both been very serious about it and each other (idk Boa at all but knowing Joo Won a little that's the only thing that makes sense considering how seriously he views relationships) and it's a pity it didn't work out :'( 

Joo Won's wish for a meaningful, loving relationship and a happy family has been very strong from a very young age and I really hope so much this dream of his will come true... maybe it's already on its way to coming true? Who knows~ 

Personally, as long as he's content and healthy, happily doing what he loves, I'm a happy fan too. I admit I'd be a happier fan if he updated us a little more often and the long-awaited drama news would finally come^^

But I hope his fans will always respect his privacy and be happy for him with everything and everyone that makes him happy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

I don't know if they found out but the Japanese joo won fans are wanting to send a coffee truck to joo won to the filming set they most likely have contacted joo won's agency and told them when the filming will take place

How wonderful they're sending a coffee truck! Maybe that means we'll find out soon too when he'll start filming Carter 

This is probably part of the fan support project for his 11th debut anniversary & Carter that they had posted about on May 15th?

Does anyone know if one gets a notification or anything after having participated? 

@kittyna, I was watching this Joo Won fancam from his fan meeting in Taiwan back in May 2013 and remembered our conversation on Junho and Joo Won's voices^^ His smile at the end is sooooo beautiful and his whole performance so lovely, I just had to share. Even of you've probably already seen it~

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Calli said:

How wonderful they're sending a coffee truck! Maybe that means we'll find out soon too when he'll start filming Carter 

This is probably part of the fan support project for his 11th debut anniversary & Carter that they had posted about on May 15th?

Yes, I was thinking that right now we will know when they start filming I hope it will be this month but I think we have little chance that we will see his movie this year that sad and now that I see joo won he has now more Japanese fans than from any country I have found several accounts of Japanese I suppose it is because they saw bridal nask and in several channels there they are giving pure joo won dramas

here are some videos of joo won 

Spoiler

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Someone from the group could help me by clarifying if majun and yookyung if they came to love each other I was going to ask this before but right now I remember I did not understand the end of baker king kim tak goo

They do, but it's a really rough journey for both of them. I would argue that the relationship starts off pretty dysfunctional and toxic, but they do eventually work it out and the series ends with them being able to start over again.

6 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

now that I see joo won he has now more Japanese fans than from any country I have found several accounts of Japanese I suppose it is because they saw bridal nask and in several channels there they are giving pure joo won dramas

I don't know if JW has more Japanese fans compared to fans from other countries, but his Japanese fandom was one of the earliest, as he was already popular there due to King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu.

• Like 2

They do, but it's a really rough journey for both of them. I would argue that the relationship starts off pretty dysfunctional and toxic, but they do eventually work it out and the series ends with them being able to start over again.

If I myself think it was the end well the characters of the two of them are really difficult to see that they really felt more about the character of yookyung I think they two made the story more exciting they were toxic but they really made the drama very interesting

I don't know if JW has more Japanese fans compared to fans from other countries, but his Japanese fandom was one of the earliest, as he was already popular there due to King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu.

I think it is famous in Japan since for a long time bridal mask was available on netflix and the Japanese talked a lot about the drama and now I have seen that the Japanese have created several joo won fan accounts

• Like 3

@Andrea Balcazar, yesterday on another thread someone asked me how I liked Baker King and whether Majun and Yookyung's relationship made my heart go "dugun dugun" even while thinking those two are rather dysfunctional. 

I thought I'll just quote my take from that other thread~ 

"lots and lots of 'dugun dugun' @Lmangla... maybe because I already knew they'd end up together I looked if the writer had put any signs in there from early on and it struck me that, from the way Yookyung treated and talked to Majun, even when they were kids, she must have seen something of herself in him. And to have her actually say that to him after they got married (and his fears and insecurities led him to behave like an absolute jerk) was so satisfying.

Especially their 3rd kiss, which was their first mutual kiss where both their hearts were in it, moved me quite a bit. They looked like broken souls clinging on to each other for dear life ...
spacer.png

I know they got together for all the wrong reasons but the fact that they could be themselves around each other, without feeling like they have to hide their darkness, was very compelling. And then Majun finally coming to the realization that he has to communicate how he really feels to the people around him, instead of letting his fear of getting hurt dictate his behavior, had me hopeful that those two were headed towards a place where they could find healing in each other <3" 

"It made a lot of sense to me that someone as broken and traumatized as Majun and Yookyung would have an easier time relating to each other, and might actually feel uncomfortable around someone like Takgu, who despite hardship (lots and lots of it), was so full of light because he had the one thing both of them never had: unconditional, selfess love from a parent. (though the whole concept of leaving a 12-year-old with a father they don't know in the name of him becoming " a great man" is a huuuuge headscratcher for me). The thought that they're on a common journey to let go of some of the pain and the knife in their hearts and to make peace with themselves was really sweet to me, too." 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, Calli said:

I know they got together for all the wrong reasons but the fact that they could be themselves around each other, without feeling like they have to hide their darkness, was very compelling. And then Majun finally coming to the realization that he has to communicate how he really feels to the people around him, instead of letting his fear of getting hurt dictate his behavior, had me hopeful that those two were headed towards a place where they could find healing in each other <3" 

It is true I think they spoiled the chapter that she stumbles upon Majun and he helps her to lift and at the end of that chapter he says that they cannot hide from destiny in a certain way I thought they were going to stay together and also as you say takgu It was very innocent and I think it was the opposite of yokyung, on the other hand, with majun, they knew how to hold on to each other because they had many things in common and, as you said, she saw in him how she was herself
  • Like 4

Does anyone maybe know when and what kind of event that was? @kittynamaybe you might know?

I was trying to figure it out based on his haircut and it sorta looks like it could have been 2011 but I really have no clue...

if someone can help I'd appreciate it so much! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1