Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

both the dramas were really fun watches. I remember baker king especially for the romance between eugene and joo won. people always say that second leads never get the girl and so you watch with that kind of mindset -- you don't want to get too invested because you know it won't work out. the second lead is basically there to support the girl and basically play nice. in this case, he was a negative second lead and interestingly enough, the female lead was also negative. they were both broken people compared to the male lead who was quite angelic in a way. eugene said she took the role because it was so different from the typical goody goody female lead. so the dynamics were fascinating to watch as it wasn't a typical bond or romance. they could really cut each other down quite mercilessly but it was interesting to watch because they hid their darkness in front of others but would be so honest with each other. your heart is going dugun dugun in some scenes and you are telling yourself -- this is not the OTP, so don't like them too much. hahahaha... and yea, I watched both quite close to airing and so there were no spoilers for me in that sense. so if anyone ever says that second leads never get the girl, I always quote baker's king as one that bucked that trend. :love:

I thought I was the only one who understood their relationship in that way, there are many people who did not understand and wanted him to stay with takgu but as you said they both understood each other very well and the chapter in which they lie down and hug each other I liked it a lot since both were very sincere and trusted each other

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Also, when you quoted my text yesterday my text was suddenly in Spanish. @Sleepy Owl and I were wondering about that

the reason why it was in Spanish haha is that I speak Spanish and use a translator to communicate with the chat

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Replies 58.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

4 hours ago, Calli said:

Hopefully we'll get filming sightings from the Carter set soon too^^

I really hope we have pictures of Carter's recordings

5 hours ago, Calli said:

Hopefully we'll get filming sightings from the Carter set soon too^^

some joo won fans are saying that joo won is dating someone since in a recording that joo won's coach did live, joo won was only chatting on his cell phone

• Like 1
  • Blob 2
5 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

some joo won fans are saying that joo won is dating someone since in a recording that joo won's coach did live, joo won was only chatting on his cell phone

Based on this video? 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COhSLeEDUS8/?utm_medium=copy_link

I didn't see Joo Won much on his phone during that IG live, probably because he was too busy training his chest^^ Park Jeong Sik, Joo Won's trainer, was wondering for a while why the chatting function didn't work during his IG live so Joo Won took his phone at the end and tried to help: they figured out that only accounts that Park Jeong Sik was following could comment during the live and that he had to change the setting for everyone to be able to comment~

Having said that though I'd be really happy for him if he had a special someone in his life. Joo Won has been dreaming of a beautiful marriage and family since he was very young... I hope with all my heart this dream of his will come true :wub:

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

:isannoyed:Wow - people get really imaginative over just the tiniest things, don't they? That's one thing I don't envy JW (or any other celebrity) about!

Like @Calli, I'd also be really, truly happy for JW if he was dating - but to start wondering about that just by seeing him being on his phone is...no offense, guys, but that's just too much. I know I'd hate to see my own life and habits scrutinized like that - as would many fans - so why people wouldn't have those qualms once a celebrity is involved is beyond me.

Especially if JW had a perfectly legitimate (and far more realistic) reason to be on his phone at the time, like @Calli pointed out here:

5 hours ago, Calli said:

Park Jeong Sik, Joo Won's trainer, was wondering for a while why the chatting function didn't work during his IG live so Joo Won took his phone at the end and tried to help: they figured out that only accounts that Park Jeong Sik was following could comment during the live and that he had to change the setting for everyone to be able to comment~

That being said, I'm not faulting you guys - I know, @Andrea Balcazar, that you're just saying what you've heard :approves: I just think it's strange that some fans are apparently already speculating that.

The way I see it: whether JW is dating or not is his business - if he is, he'll let us know when he feels it's the right time. :coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2
On 5/25/2021 at 2:10 AM, Lmangla said:

I remember baker king especially for the romance between eugene and joo won. people always say that second leads never get the girl and so you watch with that kind of mindset -- you don't want to get too invested because you know it won't work out. the second lead is basically there to support the girl and basically play nice. in this case, he was a negative second lead and interestingly enough, the female lead was also negative. they were both broken people compared to the male lead who was quite angelic in a way. eugene said she took the role because it was so different from the typical goody goody female lead. so the dynamics were fascinating to watch as it wasn't a typical bond or romance. they could really cut each other down quite mercilessly but it was interesting to watch because they hid their darkness in front of others but would be so honest with each other. 

Didn't get to respond to your take on King of Baking, but I just want to say that it's very interesting to read - and that I agree with you ;) I watched it back in 2015/2016 (it was my first JW drama), so I don't remember what, if anything, I thought about the relationship between Gu Ma Jun and Shin Yu Kyung. lol - I think I was new enough to K-dramas at the time that I just rolled with it without any real expectations about which guy would "get the girl".

But thinking back on it now, I do think I was surprised at first, since I thought that Kim Tak Gu was the far better person, whereas Ma Jun's relationship with Yu Kyung was really dysfunctional and toxic at times. Yet at the same time...yeah, Ma Jun and Yu Kyung would have understood each other's complex situations far better than Tak Gu ever would.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:07 AM, Lmangla said:

but yea, joo won's debut role as majun was an interesting choice. there are so many actors you see in second leads but most of the times, you forget their faces afterwards. or at least I do. hahahahha... but joo won made that role his own that you couldn't take your eyes off. I remember thinking - this actor is going to go places!

the male lead did a great job at being angelic -- you don't roll your eyes or think of him as naive. he was just someone who saw the world from a good place and thought everyone has some good in them. this was in direct contrast to majun's character who saw everything from a negative space. it isn't just a character trait but because of some stuff that happens early on. so he is suspicious, angry and frustrated. at the same time, he is yearning for love. joo won did a great job at bringing the vulnerabilities to such a negative character. so even when you are shaking your head and thinking "majun what are you doing?", you are also cheering for him to do better. 

Same! I remember putting it this way at the time: "Tak Gu's the guy you root for, but Ma Jun's the one you sympathize with." Let's be honest: Tak Gu was really realistic as an all-around good guy, but I think most of us can concede that that level of goodness is not our own :P Many of us as viewers would probably find Ma Jun's feelings, reactions, etc. far more relatable in the long run, which is part of what made him so captivating as a character.

This also meant that I spent more time watching Ma Jun than Tak Gu because I so desperately wanted him to make a good turn, so watching his full arc all the way to end was so satisfying. (Don't want to spoil it all for the people who haven't watched the drama yet, but that is what I think.)

By the way, @partyon - thanks again for setting up the poll. I'll have to send you my ideas more often :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kittyna said:

no offense, guys, but that's just too much. I know I'd hate to see my own life and habits scrutinized like that - as would many fans - so why people wouldn't have those qualms once a celebrity is involved is beyond me.

You really really spoke my heart @kittyna, so much better than I ever could~ Thank you!

I totally get being very interested and invested in your bias/ favorite actor/actress but no matter how avid of a fangirl/fanboy we are, it's so important to stay balanced and remember where to draw the line, especially when it comes to respecting their privacy - for our fave's good and our own. 

After reading everyone's posts on Baker King, I'm so excited to start watching^^ I didn't remember that this was your very first Joo Won drama, @kittyna. You must have mentioned it once before... I envy you so much for "meeting" Joo Won back in 2015/16 already. 

Happily the drama is available on KBS World's youtube, yay. Can't wait to meet Majun. :yay:

Too bad I'm way past objective and will probably sympathize with and root for Majun from the very get-go but I'll try to take my Joo-Won-rules-at-everything glasses off for a bit, though I'm afraid they get more firmly glued on the more of him and his acting I see :lol:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kittyna said:

También estaría realmente, realmente feliz por JW si estuviera saliendo, pero comenzar a preguntarme sobre eso solo con verlo hablando por teléfono es ... sin ofender, chicos, pero eso es demasiado. Sé que odiaría ver mi propia vida y mis hábitos analizados de esa manera, como lo harían muchos fanáticos, así que no entiendo por qué la gente no tendría esos escrúpulos una vez que una celebridad está involucrada.

Especialmente si JW tenía una razón perfectamente legítima (y mucho más realista) para estar en su teléfono en ese momento, como @Calli señalado aquí:

Yes, I think the fans exaggerated a bit but hey if Joo Won is dating or not I would be happy for him because as @Callisaid in an interview he said he wanted to have his own family I think it was an interview from 2014

and well, I think he's at an age that he needs a supportive wife, I've heard that 30 is the age when you feel lonely and wish you were in someone's company. I really hope joo won finds someone who fits perfectly your ideal type

1 hour ago, Calli said:

Too bad I'm way past objective and will probably sympathize with and root for Majun from the very get-go but I'll try to take my Joo-Won-rules-at-everything glasses off for a bit, though I'm afraid they get more firmly glued on the more of him and his acting I see :lol:

I recommend that you watch the drama, it is very good, I really started the drama like a year ago it was the third drana I saw of Joo Won and I really think that his character was a bit regrettable but at the same time that the chapters passed, you could see more of the Majun's story in the drama that made me see that his mother and father did not raise him in the correct way that is why he grew up that way instead the character of takgu was a good person but the truth is I could not get into his character since if he was Do you think people in real life are not like that, we commit some sin, no one is perfect, but they do it to his character as innocent, I did not believe it.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I always think it's adorable that a number of Cha Yoon Seo and Park Si On's scenes were ad-libbed: it shows that both Moon Chae Won and JW were really in-touch with their characters and that they had awesome chemistry as actors :) 

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen this interview with moon chae won, I'm also a fan of hers before seeing the other joo won dramas and she loves her chemistry.
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, kittyna said:

Thanks so much for sharing this, @kittyna :partyblob:

Even though Good Doctor was my first Joo Won drama, and I know that Park Si On has a very special place in Joo Won's heart (in mine too~) and he considers him to be his most favorite/impactful character he's portrayed so far, I've hardly read any interviews the actors gave at the time or seen many bts. 

So good to know that they worked so well together and that the PD created an environment in which they could freely interpret their characters and add ad-lips~ 

Joo Won praised Choi Kang Hee so much during and especially after the end of 7th GCS and called her the best partner he had ever had (until then at least), I'm curious to see what he said about Moon Chae Won - once I get to the interviews he gave at the time in my Joo Won studies^^ 

I felt the love story and the chemistry the two of them created on screen together for Good Doctor much more deeply than the one in his previous drama, but Good Doctor had by far(!!) the better writing and directing and was just overall such a meaningful and high-quality work that, in my opinion, many if not most dramas pale in comparison... 

• Like 4

Park Jeong Sik did an instagram live with Joo Won again a little while ago and while I didn't understand much, I had to laugh out loud when Joo Won said "everyone, this isn't my IG live" - I think because people kept asking questions about and to him. At one point I think he said he still enjoys eating chicken^^ There was also something about sugar or syrup when the lovely pilates ladies brought Americanos but I didn't really get that.

If anyone understood more or has a translation, please share - maybe @flutterby06can help if she drops by again~

I'm so grateful to Joo Won's trainer for sharing these videos - it's really lovely to hear Joo Won's voice and laughter and see him healthy and well :wub:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
7 hours ago, Calli said:

Park Jeong Sik did an instagram live with Joo Won again a little while ago and while I didn't understand much, I had to laugh out loud when Joo Won said "everyone, this isn't my IG live

haha is that well we do not know anything about him that is why we ask questions

7 hours ago, Calli said:

If anyone understood more or has a translation, please share - maybe @flutterby06can help if she drops by again~

The good thing is that right now I'm going to start studying Korean to learn since I need to understand what joo won says in some live

7 hours ago, Calli said:

There was also something about sugar or syrup when the lovely pilates ladies brought Americanos but I didn't really get that.

by twiter I found this translation I hope it works

The ice americano had lot of syrup so Mr. Trainer was complaining, saying it suger Americano. 0:24 - Joo Won's (coffee) doesn't have syrup. No way.. 0:28 - Joo Won's existence itself is syrup so ~ 0:30- Owww..cheesy... What're you saying!

true he also said that joo won will go to thailand I think it is for filming or to visit

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

true he also said that joo won will go to thailand I think it is for filming or to visit

I'm excitedly waiting for @flutterby06to post her translation herself but in the meantime, just to clarify, it's not Joo Won who's going to Thailand but one of the pilates instructors who appeared in Park Jeong Sik's vlive~

Here is the proper translation: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Calli said:

I'm excitedly waiting for @flutterby06to post her translation herself but in the meantime, just to clarify, it's not Joo Won who's going to Thailand but one of the pilates instructors who appeared in Park Jeong Sik's vlive~

if I just found out I was wrong

1 hour ago, Calli said:

will you translate everything, should you? Well if that's the case since I don't understand Korean

• Like 2
On 5/28/2021 at 1:12 PM, Calli said:

Park Jeong Sik did an instagram live with Joo Won again a little while ago and while I didn't understand much, I had to laugh out loud when Joo Won said "everyone, this isn't my IG live" - I think because people kept asking questions about and to him. At one point I think he said he still enjoys eating chicken^^ There was also something about sugar or syrup when the lovely pilates ladies brought Americanos but I didn't really get that.

I'm so grateful to Joo Won's trainer for sharing these videos - it's really lovely to hear Joo Won's voice and laughter and see him healthy and well :wub:

Hi, Hope everyone is well.

Thanks @Callifor knocking me. I was planning to stop by if something related to Joo Won activities comes up. but so far no luck. But thankfully these short but very much appreciated insta live with Leaderswithus_hulk is happening with glimpse of Moon Jun Won. So happy watching those tid bits from Joo Won.

So I will try sum up what I found from today's live and put some of my commentary when I feel like a context is needed-

In first few minutes they just do regular fitness training with Joo Won. They were expecting people to be in live, mostly Joo Won fans but fans took some time to join.

01:42- (Trainer Nim)- If there's anything you're curious leave us questions.

01:46: (JW)- What kind of question...((I think he was like- what kind of question do you want them to ask!!))

01:48- (Trainer nim excitedly)- Leave questions ...

02:00 (Trainer Nim )- Ah.. question can come from international fans!! (Probably understanding that answering intl. fans might be difficult)

At 02:22 Joo Won after sanitizing his hands starts coming closer to the screen to see the live chat..

Trainer nim: Aren't you coming too close?

02:24- (JW)- I'm curious..

02:30 (Trainer)- They seem to be international fans..

(someone named Hyun Min, known to Mr. Trainer commented so he was adoringly scolding that person for skipping exercise)

JW goes back to his training.

02:55- (Trainer)- Joowonie is handsome, right?

They start counting Joo Won's cable cross training.

03:30 - (JW jokingly asked)- Aren't you going to exercise yourself?

03:35- (Trainer)- Me? (Then shows off how fit he is..)

04:15 Trainer nim was showing his arm muscles then Joo Won jokingly punched him. Both laughed and he asked Joo Won if he's going to fight with him.

4:35: (Trainer nim) - Start training quickly.. stop resting.

And our Good Boy starts listening to his trainer, starts training hard. 

05:00- Work hard.. I'm saying you to work hard. (laugh)

05:06- Focus..

05: 20-(JW) - today I'm feeling too comfortable to focus.. (laugh)   ((This line interpretation can be wrong but that's I think what I heard))

At 05:55 when Trainer nim is done with his cable cross Joo Won laughs and says something about it hurts around shoulder or something.

06:10 - (JW)- Oh- someone came. (indicating pretty female instructors)

06:27- (Trainer nim)- They're our Pilates instructors.

They says hello..  One of them says there's no comments here.. But soon the messages starts being visible.

((At 06:4* Trainer nim says something, I didn't catch it. Joo Won says something sweetly too in reply. But I'm not sure so I will not vaguely say anything. ))

The female instructors brought some coffee and cookies for four of them and starts handing those over. They talk about how there's a very disturbing amount ( disturbing specially to those who avoids excessive sugar) of syrup lying in the cup. The female instructor in handovered Joo Won's coffee asked him if he drinks only a ........ coffee (she mentioned a specific type of coffee, I didn't catch it, Let me know if you know). Joo Won asked her if it's that coffee. She replied in negative. She asks if she should bring another for him. Joo Won "No, no.. That's not it. I will drink thankfully.

(((Ah the sweet regular tone Joo Won used for her... :heart1: Please tell I'm not the only one who found that tone swoon worthy? such music to my ears...)))

And here comes an interesting part that I only caught now when I'm typing this here..

Joo Won goes back to his training. The female instructor wearing black asks him -

07:54- Why are you wearing clothes (indicating regular clothes)?  (((he's wearing heavy clothes while training isn't it very unusual!)))

The Trainer nim and Joo Won both says he can't show his body now. It's not time yet. Meaning he is intentionally wearing regular cloths so fans on live can't see his actual progress and they want to spill it when the time will come. They're keeping it a mystery until the time comes. :lol:

The ice americano had lot of syrup so Mr. Trainer was complaining, saying it sugar Americano.

08:20 -(Trainer)- Joo Won's (coffee) doesn't have syrup. No way ..

08:23 -(Female Instruction in black)- Joo Won's existence itself is syrup so ~

08:36- (Trainer)- Owww..cheesy... What're you saying!

(( He didn't actually say cheesy..more like annoying but it meant she's saying chessy things))

They all laugh and Trainer nim says he lost his will to drink coffee. :lol:

And Joo Won comes right after that looking for Thai fan... oh lucky Thai fans perks of always being active in Joo Won's event in large numbers. :transforms:

08:35-Is there no Thai fans here?

08:40-Is there no fans from Thailand? There must be some.

Trainer nim again bring back the topic of Syrup Joo Won's existence!

08:51-Syrup Joowon.

08:52- (JW)  ___ Sam is going to Thailand~ (He mentioned the name of Female instructor in black. She'll be going to Thailand. That's why she seems excited when Thai fans starts joining)

09:00-Cool! Joo Won fans are entering in live.

09:00- Oh Thai fan! There they're!

(I think by mistake they added a Thai fan to their live... ha ha..)

11:57 (reading comments) It seems Joo Wonie must really maintain his diet along with training.

11:58 (Trainer) He does a lot.

12:04 (Trainer)- Joo Won is doing fine.

12:14 (Female instructor in Black) There's a comment from Indonesia. "Oppa Say Hello."

Joo Won waves.

12:26 (reading comments) Do you still eat chicken well?

12: 30 (Joo Won) I eat chicken well.

12: 33 (Joo Won seeing all those questions at him) It's not my live... laugh... I have never done an insta live(on personal account).

12:38 -(Trainer) Really?

12:42 -(Trainer) So Joo Wonie is appearing in my live.

12: 44- (reading comments) Saraang hyeo~ (love you)

12:54- (Joo Won to fans)- This is not my live, everyone.. anyways.. somehow I'm appearing here these days.

13:05- They ask Joo won to do insta live from his own account.

13:12- (This one is happening)- on behalf of Joo Won's.. laugh..

13:17- (Joo Won to fans)- I will soon greet you. Anneyo ~

Thus Joo Won says bye and they keep reading comments and talking among themselves. A fan asked if Min Jin Woong is well.. Mr. Trainer says he does train here everyday, but he isn't here today yet.

13:45 (Female instructor says) - He's (Joo Won) popular! Must be nice.

13:48 (Trainer nim) -in my live there are mostly Joo Won fans. 

13:53-(To Trainer nim) Aren't you intentionally attracting them(Joo Won fans) ?

13:54- (Trainer nim) You're right.. I want their attention. laugh..

14: 00- (JW) Anneyo ~  Please give some attention to Jeong Sik Hyung. 

They all says Bye.

...................... End.......................

So here I'm done. I tried listening and translating. If anyone find any mistranslation you can always let me know.  Thank You.

The long amount of time he spends in Fitness Center.... So let's hope Trainer nim keeps attracting our attention with having Joo Won in his insta live. :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
@flutterby06 Thank you very much for the translation I saw a part that as you say by mistake they invited a fan I really wondered what was happening and just at that moment they took it out if it gave me a little laugh haha and I really hope that joo won appears in a Vlive haha and if I stayed like what when he said that he usually wears little clothes I really think that for the movie he is going to show good abs I am really desperate to see
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so so much for coming by @flutterby06and sharing such a detailed translation of yesterday's IG live with us. I appreciate it so much :Megathanks:

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Ah the sweet regular tone Joo Won used for her... :heart1: Please tell I'm not the only one who found that tone swoon worthy? such music to my ears..

You were most definitely not the only one who found Joo Won's tone here swoon worthy^^ I kept replaying that part because the sweetness and familiarity in his voice when he said he'll drink it well made me so happy :wub:

I'm a tiny bit scared about him choosing to wear heavier clothes for this live so as not to reveal too much of his body, because what does that mean exactly after what we've already seen in Alice:flushed: 

He's definitely working very hard, in typical Joo-Won fashion, giving 100% no matter what he commits himself to. If that means he's healthier and also safer during filming I'm all for it. Hopefully he's maintaining a good balance too though allowing his body to rest enough... I'm sure he is~ 

Joo Won's Thai fans must be really special to him. How lovely that he acknowledged them that way. 

I would have loved to ask a few questions myself but sadly I missed the live by a few minutes... the notification came a little too late :( Maybe next time! Or, maybe we'll get really lucky and Joo Won's "soon" is actually soon and he'll do some sort of live himself~

Thanks again dear @flutterby06for dropping by and sharing your translation :7555_attack:

9 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

will you translate everything, should you?

Sadly @Andrea BalcazarI can't translate much myself. I've been supposedly "studying" Korean for the past 2 years but I still only catch some words here and there. I hope you'll be much more successful in your Korean studies~ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Calli said:

Sadly @Andrea BalcazarI can't translate much myself. I've been supposedly "studying" Korean for the past 2 years but I still only catch some words here and there. I hope you'll be much more successful in your Korean studies~ 

I will try to do my best I hope it is not so difficult for now I catch some words but typing if it is complicated by hand I think it is easier from what I have seen
changing the subject I don't know if I'm the only one who notices that joo won changes his appearance in each drama since his face does not look the same as before now I thought he looks much better and I bet I have seen quite a few people said they have seen joo won up close and they say that it is the actor who looks really very different from the screen what they have seen the real thing he said that his face is very beautiful and I think if I am right

• Like 3