Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Sí, he escuchado a mucha gente decir que se ve mucho más guapo en la vida real que en las imágenes. Puedo ver la verdad en eso, en realidad, ya que a veces, su rostro se ve un poco extraño en las fotografías

if the same, I say in some photos he looks strange I think because he is not very photogenic to say but handsome if he is and what you told me about ojakgyo brothers that he was very skinny I saw him normal I think it is the shape of his face that you saw him skinny for joo won's face shape is better to be between fat and thin intermediate joo won in the only drama that I saw him quite well it was in 7th grade civil servant he was very handsome in that drama although the plot was terrible and in tomorrow cantabile

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Es genial saber que JW también tiene fans en Latinoamérica. 

his fandom is very small here but if he has sadly here more are known to the actors lee min hoo cha eun woo and kim soo hyun among others

• Like 3
  • Replies 58.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

22 hours ago, kittyna said:

So, at the time (i.e. if we just had the first four episodes), Level 7 really was setting up to be something really intriguing and exciting, but I wonder if the writers got tangled up in the characters' own lies to each other - or, more specifically, struggled to juggle all of those threads while still writing a comedy.

Yesterday I discovered the recaps that girlfriday and javabeans had written for 7th GCS on dramabeans and they are such a good and fun read. You can really tell how both of them had been really excited for the drama and wanted to stay positive & hopeful about it but as the episodes progressed and the storyline and writing kept letting them down they couldn't, though they really tried~ To be honest some of their recaps, especially for the second half of the drama, were way more funny and clever than the episodes themselves *hides*.

Anyway, the reason why I mentioned the recaps is because in the one for episode 11 javabeans wrote something that rang very true with me: 

" [...] I also feel like its writer is terrible writing women, which I felt in his previous dramas (Chuno, Runaway Plan B). Also with writing people. And emotions. And maybe logical story progressions. He’s not a terrible writer, period, in that all of his dramas have a certain something, a neat hook or a fun setup to keep you watching. But the actual character work is a big sloppy mess, so when the show sets aside its entertaining stuff to actively wallow in this quagmire of underbaked emotional character moments, it just sucks the fun out of it. Seo-won, for instance: I want to like her, but she’s just written so poorly. [...] Admittedly, it’s not like the men are glowing bastions of rich character depth either, but I do think they get more attention and loving detail thrown their way. Gil-ro’s pain, I can fully understand, because at least the show bothered to paint his father-son conflict in a nicely believable way. [...]"

So, I don't know how the outline of the drama had been presented to Joo Won initially for him to have faith that this would be indeed a fun and interesting show, but I have a feeling he didn't suspect the storyline would turn out this way when he signed on. Honestly, all of it, i.e. the storyline, is really really messy and it's better not to try to make sense of it because that only leads to more frustration^^

Like I said in my previous post (sorry for repeating myself) Joo Won really was the one and only saving grace of this drama for me and I had so much fun watching him bring Gil Ro to life. And I think (I hope) so had he. 

22 hours ago, kittyna said:

Considering that was in 2013, I wonder if that's still the case now, especially as more and more Hallyu artists start to branch into multiple directions (acting, singing as an idol, musical theatre, etc.). JW did stand out for that range in the past, but it seems like most people need to be so multitalented to make it in the industry now - or, at least, I noticed that there was a point not too long ago when both dramas and musicals tended to cast K-pop idols (which I understood for dramas, but was more baffled by for musicals, since musical theatre and pop require different voice types, singing techniques, etc.).

I enjoyed reading your analysis in re Joo Won and Junho's techniques @kittyna. I really know nothing about professional singing techniques so I can't add anything of value to it. All I can say is that Joo Won's live singing is way more stable and powerful than Junho's, even though I appreciate both their voices. 

Based on my (albeit limited) experience within k-pop and k-drama the last 5 years, I think that Joo Won's extraordinary talent in both acting and singing isn't in any way common. Except for other actors who also had their start in musical theater (like Jo Jung Suk, Kang Ha Neul, etc) I don't really know of outstanding actors who sing as well as Joo Won, especially within his generation... 

As far as k-pop idols being cast for musical dramas, I know for example from SF9's Inseong who had his musical debut not too long ago that he had to take special vocal lessons to prepare for his role. He is the main vocalist within his group with the strongest voice and yet compared to voices like Joo Won's or Jo Jung Suk's you can definitely tell a difference. And while he's also been acting you can't compare his acting to Joo Won's or Jo Jung Suk's either^^ (Junho is one of the very few idol-turned actors I know whom I perceive of as a "proper" actor)

What I am trying to say is that while there are many talented (often multi-talented) and hard-working people in the South Korean entertainment world, I haven't encountered many who are truly outstanding in both acting and singing. Joo Won is definitely one of those very few to me.

• Like 3
On 5/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, Andrea Balcazar said:

if the same, I say in some photos he looks strange I think because he is not very photogenic to say but handsome if he is and what you told me about ojakgyo brothers that he was very skinny I saw him normal I think it is the shape of his face that you saw him skinny for joo won's face shape is better to be between fat and thin intermediate

I didn't think JW's face was really thin or skinny in Ojakgyo Brothers - I thought his body was ;) 

But yes, I agree that JW's not always photogenic; however, he does have the sort of appearance that makes you want to keep looking at him regardless.

On 5/3/2021 at 5:26 AM, Calli said:

Anyway, the reason why I mentioned the recaps is because in the one for episode 11 javabeans wrote something that rang very true with me: 

" [...] I also feel like its writer is terrible writing women, which I felt in his previous dramas (Chuno, Runaway Plan B). Also with writing people. And emotions. And maybe logical story progressions. He’s not a terrible writer, period, in that all of his dramas have a certain something, a neat hook or a fun setup to keep you watching. But the actual character work is a big sloppy mess, so when the show sets aside its entertaining stuff to actively wallow in this quagmire of underbaked emotional character moments, it just sucks the fun out of it. Seo-won, for instance: I want to like her, but she’s just written so poorly. [...] Admittedly, it’s not like the men are glowing bastions of rich character depth either, but I do think they get more attention and loving detail thrown their way. Gil-ro’s pain, I can fully understand, because at least the show bothered to paint his father-son conflict in a nicely believable way. [...]"

I do think that the male characters and their relationships were written slightly better than the female ones in Level 7 Civil Servant, but really only just. So my favourite part of the whole thing was also Han Gil Ro's relationship with his father: mostly because the story there was intriguing and both actors were able to deliver :) 

I enjoyed reading your analysis in re Joo Won and Junho's techniques @kittyna. I really know nothing about professional singing techniques so I can't add anything of value to it. All I can say is that Joo Won's live singing is way more stable and powerful than Junho's, even though I appreciate both their voices. 

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on professional singing techniques, either. I just was in school choirs a lot growing up and you learn more traditional/classical technique there (i.e. more what JW is doing than the K-pop idols).

Another possible factor, now that I think about it, is mic placement. So, in musical theatre, the microphone is either somewhere on the cheek next to the mouth (where you would normally have it in a headset) or hidden in the actor's hair or wig on the top of the head. And I do think that that affects the vocal technique or style being used. However, once the microphone is right in front of the mouth (like if you use a mic stand or are holding it in your hand), it's different - and JW does sometimes end up coming on too strong when he's in that situation. :P 

Based on my (albeit limited) experience within k-pop and k-drama the last 5 years, I think that Joo Won's extraordinary talent in both acting and singing isn't in any way common. Except for other actors who also had their start in musical theater (like Jo Jung Suk, Kang Ha Neul, etc) I don't really know of outstanding actors who sing as well as Joo Won, especially within his generation... 

Musical theatre is going to be the all-around sort of performance art because it involves acting, singing, and dancing. So if you could pull all of that off at the same time (e.g. singing in character, speaking/singing and dancing without losing breath, etc.), it's going to add serious points for versatility.

And speaking of theatre acting and its immersive qualities, someone happened to share this throwback video on Instagram, and it never ceases to crack me up. For those who don't know: this was from JW's appearance on the King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu episode of Happy Together, and he was asked to re-enact one of Ma Jun's "cussing out Tak Gu" scenes with one of the hosts. Everyone thought he would get shy or break character at the last second, but...nope :P 

And here we are again with the awesome fanart

Cute chibi JW

• Like 3
From what I've seen, Joo Won has a lot of Japanese fans because of the fan account there.

I'm really hoping that in his new movie joo won returns to his normal weight since I liked him much more like that
  • Like 3
On 5/4/2021 at 12:38 PM, kittyna said:

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on professional singing techniques, either. I just was in school choirs a lot growing up and you learn more traditional/classical technique there (i.e. more what JW is doing than the K-pop idols).

That's so interesting @kittyna. That you grew up singing in school choirs (I bet you have a lovely voice). I just read a Joo Won interview yesterday from 2014 in which he said that he used to sing at his church choir as a kid. That was the first time I encountered that tidbit about him. I'll just quote that part:

"When you were young, was your dream to become an actor?

“No, when I was young, I sang solo a lot in church choir.  I received lots of praises for having a beautiful voice.   Even relatives said I could have become a singer when I got older.  However, I lost my confidence in singing when my voice started to change so I couldn’t even think of working in entertainment industry, especially due to my look, my confidence fell to the bottom when I was in junior high school.   At that time, I was wearing spectacles, I was really a very ordinary student.  I wasn’t tall either, about 170-175cm.  But I grew 10 cm taller when I was in senior high school and now I am 185cm tall.”"

It's not really surprising that he had a beautiful voice as a kid, too, considering what a beautiful and powerful voice he has now but it's so interesting that he stood out back then already and "performed" solos at his church choir. He must have enjoyed that a lot... It always pains me a bit when I read or hear him talk about how he lost his confidence when he hit adolescence but on the other hand that's what led him to drama club and discovering his love of acting; and maybe that experience is also a small part of why he remains so humble and grounded throughout the years and believes in hard work above all else...

Also, since it's Thursday today, I'll do a little throwback to March 2013 because I just reached episodes 54 & 55 of 1N2D and Joo Won looks just soooo adorable in them. Those are also the final two episodes with Kim Seungwoo and Bird PD (Choi Jaehyung) and to be honest when I saw the members tear up as they were reading their final messages to their mat hyung (especially Joo Won's) I teared up, too... I think for Joo Won's final episode I'll need lots and lots and lots of tissues.

Anyway, here's Joo Won looking all cute and fluffy when the members made him do the whole cute song because he was late for the opening due to filming 7th GCS

spacer.png

spacer.png

ps: I noticed that the little mark on his nose from the jjajangmyun bowl accident that happened during filming for 7th GCS in early December 2012 was still visible here; I wonder how long Joo Won had that "souvenir" from his Kang Hee noona^^

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Just in case you haven't seen yet, Joo Won was in @leaderswithus_hulk IG live today. So good catching a glimpse of him and hearing his sweet voice after a while~

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COhSLeEDUS8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

ginatheresa__ also posted a short IG story about that vlive with Joo Won waving all cutely

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ginatheresa__/2567413076593664280/

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
On 5/6/2021 at 4:43 AM, Calli said:

I just read a Joo Won interview yesterday from 2014 in which he said that he used to sing at his church choir as a kid.

It's not really surprising that he had a beautiful voice as a kid, too, considering what a beautiful and powerful voice he has now but it's so interesting that he stood out back then already and "performed" solos at his church choir. He must have enjoyed that a lot... 

I knew he was part of his church choir growing up, but missed the bit about getting solo parts. It makes me wonder what sort of choir this was, since depending on the genre of music (e.g. whether it slants more classical or contemporary), you could end up with really different solos. So, for instance, if we're thinking a more classical/hymnal sound, when I hear the word "solo", I imagine someone (oftentimes a soprano - either a woman or young boy) who sings "descant": a high-pitched solo countermelody that rings out over the main melodic line of a piece. So, sort of like what happens in this video clip (from Les Choristes, which is one of my own personal favourite French films out there - full version of the same song over here).

However, for a more contemporary genre of music, the solo would be different. For example, in a gospel choir or an actual small band, the soloist leads the congregation: either by singing the melody or by doing a call-and-response.

lol - It's hard to know 100% for sure what sort of role JW had as a kid, but considering his voice now and its qualities (such that, just singing to himself, someone thought he'd have the pipes for musical theatre), my guess is that he may have done descant :) Which, if true, would be really impressive!

(And, before you ask, I was soprano in the school choirs I was in, but not strong/powerful enough to pull off descant parts - not that they showed up much :P What I did take charge of once, though, was diction: teaching the other students the pronunciation for some of the Hebrew songs we performed as part of our "holiday" repertoire. That's also how, for a individual solo exam, the teacher wound up selecting a German piece for me rather than the usual English, Latin, Italian, etc. So, @Calli, that does mean that while I don't know much German beyond some basic words/phrases, I can sound it out just fine ;))

It always pains me a bit when I read or hear him talk about how he lost his confidence when he hit adolescence but on the other hand that's what led him to drama club and discovering his love of acting; and maybe that experience is also a small part of why he remains so humble and grounded throughout the years and believes in hard work above all else...

I do think most people have that awkward adolescent phase at some point, and I think knowing that JW went through the same thing ends up humanizing him for me. I sometimes say that one of the things that stands out about JW for me is just how...ordinary he was. He didn't have a very colourful or eventful childhood, yet he wound up being able to play characters who do.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
On 5/7/2021 at 2:25 PM, kittyna said:

lol - It's hard to know 100% for sure what sort of role JW had as a kid, but considering his voice now and its qualities (such that, just singing to himself, someone thought he'd have the pipes for musical theatre), my guess is that he may have done descant :) Which, if true, would be really impressive!

I'm thinking Joo Won's parents must have a lovely home video collection of choir boy Joon Wonie singing various solos and I envy anyone who has the privelege to watch them. I envy them a whole lot^^

That's also how, for a individual solo exam, the teacher wound up selecting a German piece for me rather than the usual English, Latin, Italian, etc. So, @Calli, that does mean that while I don't know much German beyond some basic words/phrases, I can sound it out just fine ;))

I'm sure you did a wonderful job @kittynaand I'm sure any German speaking person who got to listen to you understood you beautifully. Can't be easy mastering Hebrew pronunciation, or German for that matter, even if English and German belong to the same language family...

I do think most people have that awkward adolescent phase at some point, and I think knowing that JW went through the same thing ends up humanizing him for me. I sometimes say that one of the things that stands out about JW for me is just how...ordinary he was. He didn't have a very colourful or eventful childhood, yet he wound up being able to play characters who do.

I just finished watching episode 57 of S2 of 1N2D - it's the second episode of when the members went to Bijindo with their new mat-hyung Yoo Haejin; and it's also the episode where Joo Won went to that lady diver's house who had recently lost her husband and tried to comfort her by giving her a hand massage. The way he talked to her and showed interest in her and her family, and the way he took hold of her hand and started massaging it as if he had done it a million times already was so heartwarming, I couldn't help but tear up a little. He really has the kindest, most beautiful heart and the thought that he was ever anything but extraordinary - even as an "unremarkable" kid - is just beyond me.

But I know what you mean @kittyna. I just think that not being the center of attention because one seemingly lacks the attributes that make others notice you (usually looks or in-your-face athletic/artistic skills) doesn't mean that that person doesn't hold a wealthy world inside or the potential for all those skills that make people see you as "remarkable". (I often think of the Bronte sisters who, on the outside led rather dull lives, yet their gift of imagination and immense capacity for feeling allowed them to have very rich inner worlds and to write stories that captivate people's hearts to this very day.) Sometimes it's just a matter of whether you'll get a chance or find an outlet to expose your inner treasure...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Joo Won, based on his own extraordinary capacity to feel and connect and to convey emotion (whether he acts or sings or does both), can't ever have been very "ordinary", or at least what I would define as ordinary^^ And I'm really glad and grateful he discovered acting as his personal outlet to share part of his inner treasure with the world. 

Now, if only we would get some good news of him coming back to acting in a drama, I'd be even more grateful^^

It's funny, I'm still backtracking some of Joo Won's interviews and activities back in March/April 2013 and some fans back then were rather worried he wouldn't return with a drama until the end of 2014, after news broke he'd do Catch Me and that he'd go back to the musical stage with Ghost. They were worried while seeing him every Sunday on 1N2D. And getting constant updates about him, too. Haha. Little did they know that they had no reason to worry whatsoever about a drama dry spell...

And then there's us, now, wondering what he's up to and if there's a chance we'll see him on the small screen any time this yearㅠㅠㅠ I really am very happy that he's not living at the crazy pace he did back then (from the looks of it at least) when he used to go 6 nights in a row without sleeping, running from one shoot and one professional commitment to another, but I still wish we'd get a few more updates, beyond some of his training sessions that is:please:

• Like 3

Hello, could someone tell me how I can share photos of joo won and videos, I'm browsing in naver the browser that Koreans use and that I know that most of the fabs have not seen these photos, I found several things about joo won.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Hello, could someone tell me how I can share photos of joo won and videos,

Hey @Andrea Balcazar~

I'm rather new to the soompi forum myself but if you want to share any videos or photos, the simplest thing to do is just copy and paste the link here. Then the photos won't show up in your post but we can just follow the link and see them in the original page you found them. 

With videos, if it's a YouTube video it will be displayed in your post as soon as you share the link. I don't know if Naver videos are embedded the same way as YouTube videos... but either way you can just share the link to the videos through copy paste. 

If you want to share photos and have them show up in your post (instead of just the link) you can press the "insert image from URL" button that can be seen in the bottom right corner of the reply box. You'll just have to upload the picture with a hosting service (like photobucket or linkpicture.com) and then copy the URL and put it into the window that will show up as soon as you press on the "insert image from URL" button. 

I hope that was a little helpful~ 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1
13 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Hello, could someone tell me how I can share photos of joo won and videos, I'm browsing in naver the browser that Koreans use and that I know that most of the fabs have not seen these photos, I found several things about joo won.

4 hours ago, Calli said:

If you want to share photos and have them show up in your post (instead of just the link) you can press the "insert image from URL" button that can be seen in the bottom right corner of the reply box. You'll just have to upload the picture with a hosting service (like photobucket or linkpicture.com) and then copy the URL and put it into the window that will show up as soon as you press on the "insert image from URL" button. 

If you are using a computer, you can also right-click on the image, choose "Copy image link", and paste that here to automatically embed the picture.

The one thing that won't work, though, is embedding Instagram posts because of copyright issues: for Instagram, you can only post the URL (i.e. website link) to the post.

I have one last tip about sharing pictures and videos: if you want to share more than three, put them all inside a "Spoiler" box (the eye icon). Otherwise, this page can take a very long time to load.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I saw this video of the curtain of the musical ghost and the visual of joo won is not a joke it is really beautiful that means that joo won looks much better real life

Spoiler

Y es cierto, muchas gracias a quienes me ayudaron, ahora puedo poner fotos y videos

• Like 4
  • Blob 1
On 5/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, Calli said:

Can't be easy mastering Hebrew pronunciation, or German for that matter, even if English and German belong to the same language family...

lol - Maybe so, but the Latin rolled "r" (i.e. the one in Spanish or Italian) is still the bane of my existence :P I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try :headbang:

On 5/8/2021 at 9:54 AM, Calli said:

But I know what you mean @kittyna. I just think that not being the center of attention because one seemingly lacks the attributes that make others notice you (usually looks or in-your-face athletic/artistic skills) doesn't mean that that person doesn't hold a wealthy world inside or the potential for all those skills that make people see you as "remarkable". (I often think of the Bronte sisters who, on the outside led rather dull lives, yet their gift of imagination and immense capacity for feeling allowed them to have very rich inner worlds and to write stories that captivate people's hearts to this very day.) Sometimes it's just a matter of whether you'll get a chance or find an outlet to expose your inner treasure...

By "ordinary" vs. "extraordinary", I was thinking more in terms of life experience than skills or heart. Like, there's no denying that JW is extraordinarily talented at the things he's good at ;) 

So, for instance, some actors have really colourful backgrounds, almost like they lived real-life versions of the drama characters they play (e.g. growing up in a single-parent household, growing up either really poor and in debt or really rich, etc.). But JW doesn't have anything like that - the most "colourful" part of his upbringing would be when he and his brother studied abroad in the States for a few months before returning to Korea - so I'm oftentimes caught off guard by how well he manages to tap into the mindset and emotions of the characters he plays (who almost all have more exciting or angsty backstories than he does).

3 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Y es cierto, muchas gracias a quienes me ayudaron, ahora puedo poner fotos y videos

De nada :) (I know a tiny bit of Spanish, but can't type it on this keyboard.) Glad we could help! :) 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Thanks so much for sharing that video of the Ghost curtain call from that day, @Andrea Balcazar. He really looks so so breathtaking in it... I honestly love hunting down all those curtain call videos from his Ghost performances (both from 2013/14 and 2020/21) and drawing conclusions based on his facial expression and his smile how happy and content he was with his performance that day^^

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

lol - Maybe so, but the Latin rolled "r" (i.e. the one in Spanish or Italian) is still the bane of my existence :P I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try :headbang:

Awww :( Man, honestly, if Greek wasn't my mother tongue and it didn't have a rolled /r/ (voiced alveolar trill) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to produce that sound either. Most of my German schoolmates had so much trouble with that sound in Spanish class... they also had lots of trouble with the /th/ sound in English class, though ... haha. Anyway, I'm sure you being bilingual (I assume you are?) must have helped you a lot with covering a wide range of consonants and vowels in re pronunciation. I know it has been quite helpful for me, though it depends on what your native languages are and to what kind of phonemes you were exposed as a kid. 

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

By "ordinary" vs. "extraordinary", I was thinking more in terms of life experience than skills or heart. Like, there's no denying that JW is extraordinarily talented at the things he's good at ;) 

Absolutely. I do think though that there's quite a few skilled actors who can't draw on colourful backgrounds either and yet are very good at portraying angst and heartache. I think what most of these actors have in common is an immense capacity for empathy... that has been my observation at least. 

I know it's not Thursday but I discovered this Joo Won interview from his Baker King days where he's wearing glasses and just looks so lovely with his bright smile that I wanted to share. I also found Softy's translation for it on her blog so I thought I'd share that as well, just in case you haven't seen it yet or forgotten about it^^

"JW: I was really lucky and I thought I should work harder. I am really happy these days.

The two female costars from Baker King sit by each other and the short hair girl says about JW “even though he is my hoobae (younger than me), I always look up to him.” Then both women look up in the air (meaning they have to crane their neck to see JW cuz he is so tall and they are petite)

JW is asked a series of questions he must answer quickly. Q: do you have a girlfriend now? JW: no. Q: to be honest there are times when I look in the mirror and think I am good looking. JW: there are. Q: in school, when did you have the best grade point average. JW: 10th place (out of the class). Q: first kiss. JW: second year. (“go-yee” is high school right? Or is it college?). Then he is asked for girl group he listens to so he barely says SNSD before time runs out. Q: when you look at a girl, the first thing you look at is. JW: what I look at? eyes.

JW: there are so many good looking people so I don’t think when I look at myself “oh so impressive” and just think “I am this level.” He is asked which parent he looks like more so he says my mother. He is asked if she is beautiful so JW says: My mom is cute.  JW talks about when he was a child. I was introverted so my parents wanted to change that personality so they sent me to do dramas in junior high so I could read the script on stage. I thought I should try it. It was really fun. For some reason the woman interviewing him sings with him but he breaks out his louder musical voice and drowns her out at the end.

JW: ever since I decided to become an actor – musical, drama, movie – I didn’t think to do any of those first separately. Through a sunbae’s (senior) introduction I got to do a musical audition and I got in so I started doing musicals.

JW: I do that when I perform or just normally, they tell me that my eyes have a variety of looks. (I cant hear well here but he lists Don Quixote and stuff)  As an actor I get greedy towards them.

They talk about him in baker king and he says I am just glad people recognize me. Then I think he is asked what is the difference between doing dramas and theater. JW: Getting fatigued, not being able to sleep well, there were things like that. acting in front of the camera was awkward.

They show the scene where Eugene slapped him on the cheek repeatedly cuz of NGs. JW: truthfully, it was strange but it didn’t hurt. I got hit but I think cuz noona has experience (doing this) when she hit, it didn’t hurt. So I wondered why doesn’t it hurt me. Filming was so much fun so doing that stuff was fun.

Then they play the OST he sang for baker king. (Why couldn’t he sing something like this for Gaksital.) JW: it was the first time I did something like this alone. It was fun and after talking about it, my worries disappeared and it felt refreshing. Please look forward to JW and please have a lot of interest in me. Thank you."

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

I'm still laughing about the Truck of Doom poll @partyon:lol: Some of the options are so hilarious and cute. Thank you for sharing.

And thank you for sharing that video @Andrea Balcazar. So beautiful! He used to sing that song a lot, didn't he? It's from the Jekyll & Hyde musical... He also sang "Nothing Better" during his appearance on that show (StoryOn’s Lee Seung Yeon with 100 Women) really beautifully:

https://youtu.be/FF4mFVcCxGw

Not too long ago in my 2012 Joo Won "studies" (:lol:) I read a bit about his interview on said show. Joo Won talked about the popularity he experienced because of Baker King and his wise words about how ephemeral it can be stuck with me (I'm quoting from an article I had found at the time): 

"When the drama hit over 50 percent in ratings, Joo Won said, 'Because it was my first television program, I had no understanding of the ratings, but after the drama was over, nine out of ten people recognized me. But after exactly a month, I became a normal persona again. That’s when I realized that I shouldn’t get used to popularity,' said the actor."

He also talked about his first kiss during that show and the way he did was so sweet and full of wonder~ 

https://youtu.be/JyPv8niSNME

It made me realize once again what an absolute romantic he is. I assume he still is^^

Here's a bit of a translation I found on the forum by @mrdimples:

MC: “Everyone must be very curious about Joo Won… 

Please write down what you’d like to know most about Joo Won and put it up.

You can write the “meanest” question….” 

(Joo Won half-grimace and grin, LOL!) 

When you have finished, please raise it up…

Most of them are questions on “kiss” 

Let’s see…number 42 – “The kiss you remember most amongst many kisses” 

Woman No. 42 : “Joo Won ssi, you are very charming, you also seem to treat women very well. I am very curious, besides drama kisses, which is the kiss that left you with the deepest impression?” 

Joo Won: “No matter what, it should be the first kiss?”

MC: “When was that?”

JW: My first kiss was in high school year 2

MC: Where did it take place?

JW: “In the playground, she was my school friend.” 

Audience laughs

JW:”Ehn….she was my school friend…”

JW: “Really..the instant when our lips met…” (puts fingers to his lips…)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

new movie info carter lee seong jae to join carter with joo won

Thanks for the update! I was wondering when we'd start hearing news of the rest of the cast - it's not like production could start without them :P 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kittyna said:

¡Gracias por la actualización! Me preguntaba cuándo comenzaríamos a escuchar noticias del resto del elenco; no es como si la producción pudiera comenzar sin ellos.:PAG 

watch to find out more quickly about the casting of the film download instagram and follow joo won's fan accounts

• Like 2