Jump to content

Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]


Recommended Posts

What theatre kids do in their spare time - No, seriously: any time you get a bunch of performing arts people (whether it's music, theatre, dance, musical theatre, etc.), they will just start randomly riffing like this, and it's awesome. And then, depending on the sophistication of the theatre's backstage facilities, you may end up getting told to be quiet because, "They can hear you out on stage." :P 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • coolreborn

    11648

  • stearly

    5983

  • mrdimples

    4935

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol! I wasn't expecting Joo won to join them :joy: Since, it almost feels like his agency controls in which video we can be or cannot be.

Why is his company controls whatever he is in? That's a bit sad... So we rarely see him his appearance in some videos

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Since, it almost feels like his agency controls in which video we can be or cannot be.

 

1 hour ago, mystylee33 said:

Why is his company controls whatever he is in? That's a bit sad... So we rarely see him his appearance in some videos

 

I don't think we as fans will ever truly know what goes on between JW and his agency - like, is the fact that he rarely appears on social media beyond official agency-run opportunities because of their control, or simply because he's a private/reserved person who prefers it that way? It's anyone's guess, really, so I don't think we should read too much into his relatively rare social media appearances.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

Why is his company controls whatever he is in? That's a bit sad... So we rarely see him his appearance in some videos

 

10 hours ago, kittyna said:

I don't think we as fans will ever truly know what goes on between JW and his agency - like, is the fact that he rarely appears on social media beyond official agency-run opportunities because of their control, or simply because he's a private/reserved person who prefers it that way? It's anyone's guess, really, so I don't think we should read too much into his relatively rare social media appearances.

Well, I think it is has to do more with monetizing his Joo won's photos and videos.  So, Joo won's agency likes to control his appearance on videos or photos which are not approved by the agency.

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, I think it is has to do more with monetizing his Joo won's photos and videos.  So, Joo won's agency likes to control his appearance on videos or photos which are not approved by the agency.

 

I see. I thought you meant "control" in this really draconian sense, where the agency would try to censor the videos or Instagram posts and ask people to take it down because "It's not official." - because, you know, that stuff does happen.

 

But yes, it is safe to assume that just about every appearance we do see (even the ones that look spontaneous like selfies with fans or this video) is probably vetted to make sure it is of some benefit to the agency (most likely by promoting whatever JW's working on) before it can be posted.

 

There are definitely advantages to a system like this, since it means that the chance of JW posting something that could come back around to bit him isn't that high, but it does mean that JW has limited opportunities to just be himself without having to take work into consideration. Which is why, whether it's true or not, I like to imagine that JW has an actual personal/private social media account that's just for friends and family ;) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kittyna said:

I like to imagine that JW has an actual personal/private social media account that's just for friends and family ;) 

I think he can have one, if he leaves the agency and becomes an independent artist. Which can only happen when he retires. So, for now, everything that happens in his life is controlled by the agency.

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

I see. I thought you meant "control" in this really draconian sense, where the agency would try to censor the videos or Instagram posts and ask people to take it down because "It's not official." - because, you know, that stuff does happen

I think that's the reason why Joo won appears only for brief time in Ghost videos(apart from Performance) and in Iv's Vlog

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kittyna said:

t, I'm not sure what to make of this as someone who doesn't have Netflix :P),

Dramacool to the rescue:joy:

 

Jokes apart, I think the story line is intriguing and we might get to see lot of shades of Joo won

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, for anyone who's interested: IVY filmed the whole behind-the-scenes of that backstage hallway performance from Ghost. You don't see any more of JW than appeared in the Instagram version, but it's cute to know that the whole thing was IVY's idea.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kittyna said:

It looks like some of the more recent posts on this forum have suddenly disappeared without much of an explanation - if there was an issue with any of the things I've posted, I ask that the moderators please let me know.

 

In the meantime, there is one thing that disappeared that I want to re-post: this behind-the-scenes clip from Alice filming.

Hi,

The posts were removed for being off-topic. As per moderators' understanding, they revolve around dramas characters and actor Joo Won appeared in those dramas. The topic of the present thread concerns actor Joo Won, therefore the discussion is determined within its limits. Which is why  any post not related to JW was considered off-topic and got hidden. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berou said:

Hi,

The posts were removed for being off-topic. As per moderators' understanding, they revolve around dramas characters and actor Joo Won appeared in those dramas.

 

Thanks for the response.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Farewell greeting video from the Ghost cast

 

And here's one snippet with English subs

 

Just a few days to go before Ghost wraps up :) This has been a different run than most, what with things like the pandemic, so there was no guarantee that it could finish successfully. I'm glad it has because that tells me that the pandemic is more-or-less under control in Korea, and that the entire cast and crew seems to have stayed healthy the entire time :approves:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Behind-the-scenes video from the Ghost team's appearance at the Blue Dragon Awards. It is IVY's Vlog, so we don't see JW all that much (he does appear in the rehearsal, but that's about it), but it's still nice to see what went into that performance.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently, probably as part of a larger farewell, Ghost had a special curtain call event:

 

 

Lol - JW's dance entrance just cracks me up! :loolz:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kittyna said:

lol - I don't think I'm the only one who was surprised at what happened in this particular curtain call! Like, honestly, it looks like even JW was surprised there :P 

OMG! I think this is the best way to end the Ghost Musical, lol IVY lifting Joo won, even though it was fro brief moment is good improvisation. I think it must have surprised Joo won as well.

  • Blob 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..