Quantcast

Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 57.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

7 hours ago, partyon said:

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

Thanks for the heads-up! About time the veterans got some love! :approves:

I wrote more about my choices on the actual poll forum itself, but for now, suffice it to say that this is the sort of thing I want for JW in the future. 10 or 20 years from now, I want him to be a respected veteran actor who's known for his range and acting chops, so...fighting, oppa!

Also, new Instagram update - Looks like he's back at it with the fluffy sherpa coats ;) 

• Love 1
  • Blob 2
27 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I wrote more about my choices on the actual poll forum itself, but for now, suffice it to say that this is the sort of thing I want for JW in the future. 10 or 20 years from now, I want him to be a respected veteran actor who's known for his range and acting chops, so...fighting, oppa!

Yup, same here. Actually now is the time for joo won to take the roles with different style and the ones which will make use of his acting potential, and by choosing the Alice drama, he made it clear that from now on wards he will take different and diverse roles. And also, I want him to take antagonist roles as well, since he does plays those roles pretty well and it would waste to use his variety of talents at his disposal.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

And also, I want him to take antagonist roles as well, since he does plays those roles pretty well and it would waste to use his variety of talents at his disposal.

lol - Basically, more Evil!Jin Gyeom or Evil!Kang To type action, even if it ends up total nightmare fuel for us :naughty::skull: Hey, if he can do it, he might as well flaunt it, right? ;) 

• Blob 2
9 minutes ago, kittyna said:

ol - Basically, more Evil!Jin Gyeom or Evil!Kang To type action, even if it ends up total nightmare fuel for us 

Not exactly, but more like hybrid of Ma Jun and Evil PJG. Since evil PJG is too much for me as well to handle it. He is a more fit for horror dramas not the normal ones.

10 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Hey, if he can do it, he might as well flaunt it, right?

Who knows? He might get his fist Baeksang award(he only has best new actor award) for best acting as a antagonist or if I could stretch he might he get Daesang :wink:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Not exactly, but more like hybrid of Ma Jun and Evil PJG.

I keep going back and forth between wanting to see JW play a sympathetic villain (like Gu Ma Jun or, for the sake of argument, Kimura Shunji), and just a straight-up "evil and proud of it" sort of villain.

Since evil PJG is too much for me as well to handle it. He is a more fit for horror dramas not the normal ones.

I think when it comes down to it, though, after seeing see Evil!Park Jin Gyeom, I think I wouldn't mind JW playing someone like that in earnest: in terms of acting potential, I think the calculated creepy type is more intriguing than the tempestuous violent type.

Who knows? He might get his fist Baeksang award(he only has best new actor award) for best acting as a antagonist or if I could stretch he might he get Daesang

A Baeksang Daesang? Wouldn't that be, like, one of those ultimate "lifetime achievement" awards? Okay, to be fair, JW already has a couple of those (SBS Daesang, Producer's Award from both KBS and SBS), but Daesang for something as prestigious as the Baeksang Awards really should go to a veteran, shouldn't it? ;) 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, kittyna said:

ut Daesang for something as prestigious as the Baeksang Awards really should go to a veteran, shouldn't it?

Well, I did not mean that he should get it right away. What I meant was he should eventually get it by improving his acting skills, whether as a protagonist or antagonist. :tongue:

• Like 2

A possible reunion? And also, looks like joo won will be on 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards, I guess he will be presenting an award

I wonder what happened to his movie,the only information I have is that it is  going to release in 2021, I hope this will not have the same fate as first C-drama had, that's the most unfortunate timing for him, his drama was about to release when the Chinese government announced the K-drama ban and from that instance there no news about that drama.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

I wonder what happened to his movie,the only information I have is that it is  going to release in 2021, I hope this will not have the same fate as first C-drama had, that's the most unfortunate timing for him, his drama was about to release when the Chinese government announced the K-drama ban and from that instance there no news about that drama.

I don't know the usual timeline behind film production in Korea: filming, post-production editing, advertising, release. But my guess right now is that it's still in the post-production editing phase, and that that may have been slowed down or delayed due to COVID-19 restrictions (e.g. if the number of employees able to come in to work at any time has been limited). Films are still being made and released in Korea, so there's no reason why this one would end up scrapped that I can think of - chances are, the production crew's just not ready to have a clear release date yet :) 

50 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

A possible reunion? And also, looks like joo won will be on 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards, I guess he will be presenting an award

Since JW and Park Hye Su both had VLive Christmas broadcasts on the same day, I've been hoping for a collab between them. I guess this is when it'll happen.

As for the Blue Dragon Film Awards, I wonder how this bit between JW and PHS will mesh with things that were rumoured from earlier (e.g. a performance of Ghost songs with IVY, a possible reunion with BoA, etc.) I guess we'll find out soon, though, since it's just a few days from now :gangnamstyle:

• Awesome 2
12 minutes ago, kittyna said:

(e.g. a performance of Ghost songs with IVY, a possible reunion with BoA, etc.) I guess we'll find out soon, though, since it's just a few days from now 

I thought the performance was scrapped because of covid restrictions. I am glad it's back on track

I don't know if we could get to see Joo won BoA on the same stage, but I would definitely like to see PHS and Joo won do a Vlive, like they did it back when they were shooting Yong-pal. 

16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Films are still being made and released in Korea, so there's no reason why this one would end up scrapped that I can think of - chances are, the production crew's just not ready to have a clear release date yet :) 

But, there is no teaser or trailer or at least first look, it has already been an year and there seem to be no sign of the movie and in the profiles of actors also it has not been updated with this movie title, like it's not in actors movie list. I really like to see Joo won get his movie a 1 million admissions for his movie, it's like Joo won's wishlists for his movie career. 

• Like 2

Looks the Ghost performance is on for Blue dragon award show, which is going to air on SBS channel

On 2/8/2021 at 9:27 AM, kittyna said:

ol - When you sit down and think about it, Do Yeon does tend to threaten Jin Gyeom a lot. Like, even more than the people who would pose an actual threat to his life or safety

And sometimes she looks more scarier than actual villains :lol:

• Like 2

For those who have Netflix: they've finally acquired Alice

I don't use Netflix myself, but for those who do, make sure to check what's available in your country as regional restrictions do apply. For example, some comments on the Instagram post said that Alice is not available on Netflix Japan because it's currently being broadcast on television. So, again, I can't promise anything; I'm just announcing this since I remember some folks here were wondering when/if this was going to happen.

• Like 1

Happy Seollal, Everybody!

4b1143ae8380dfa0392561cd33c0c84f.jpg

Whether you call it Seollal, Chinese New Year, Tết, or something else, if you do celebrate, here's wishing you the best of health and happiness with family and friends. And may we all be able to face the challenges of the year ahead with the strength and resilience of an ox.

And while I do know that the tradition in Korea is to wear hanbok (obviously), I also can't help but want to add a throwback to when JW wore Chinese clothing as well:

714620eed71a14729866ddbdb4c232a0.jpg

There will be another goody coming for you guys later today, so stay tuned!

• Thanks 2

So, as promised, I wanted to do a little something for Seollal this year, so here's a quick interactive.

I'm sure you already know that different years are associated with different animals in Korean culture - our JW's a rabbit, for instance. Generally, one's zodiac animal is meant to be a clue to one's personality, and although that actually isn't accurate (I will point out, though, that JW is...an amazingly close match to the "rabbit" type), it did give me an idea for a quick match-up sort of challenge.

Using this article as your guide, let me know which JW drama characters you'd associate with each animal (in terms of personality, not birth year :P) and why.

Note that you are allowed to list as many characters as you want. So if you want to put several characters under one category, go for it :) Also, both main and supporting characters are allowed.

Again, no right or wrong answers - so just go nuts :hwaiting:

• Like 2

Well, now, here's an interesting treat I wasn't expecting: an interview with Kee Min Soo, the director of Good Doctor, for this year's Global TV Demand Awards. Apparently, Good Doctor was nominated for "Most In-Demand Korean Drama Series Award" - as for how the actual stats played out, you can watch a time-lapse chart here.

I haven't watched the whole interview myself yet, but I wanted to share it with you guys since I found it being shared by Moon Chae Won's fans on Instagram - plus, the title of the interview is just, "Aw...." :fullofhearts:

And a couple of other Instagram goodies for everyone:

Photo with a fan

A throwback to one of the watches JW wore in a photo shoot - Which, by the way, reminds me that he was once described in an old article as "an analog person".

• Like 2
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]