Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

The dad role in JW's house"...I feel like I should recognize the reference,

It's in the episode where the whole team has visited Joo won's home and Lee Su Geun played or at least pretended like Joo won's dad for a brief moment

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

omeone finally uploaded a clip on Instagram and oh my God! :loolz:It sounds like an early prototype of his "Park Si On" voice 

Lol, no wonder they choose him for Park Si-On character

• Like 2
  • Replies 58k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

I think I'm going to go with Jang Dong Shik (i.e. 2020-Yoon Tae Yi's biological father) from Alice here.

Wow!:partyblob: You really hit it out of the park for this musical. I think Jang Dong Shik character fits well for this musical. Just like coco movie, Jang Dong Shik does have some connection with his daughter through the time travel equation.

. And that's leading me in a very intriguing direction right now: the Teacher from Alice.

I like this one as well. Evil Park Jin Gyeom a.k.a Teacher does fit the with this musical

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

It's in the episode where the whole team has visited Joo won's home and Lee Su Geun played or at least pretended like Joo won's dad for a brief moment

Oh, okay - I remember now. Thanks! :approves:

Yeah, that moment was really cute, and showed how much JW had learned to let down his guard around the hyungs by that point :) 

16 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol, no wonder they choose him for Park Si-On character

Maybe - I've also heard that Good Doctor was JW's own choice, so.... ;) 

And I'm glad you liked my responses to the challenge, @kireeti2. I'm still finalizing my picks for the girls' round, but I'll be sure to post those when I can :) 

By the way, you guys - is it just me, or have JW's stylists really been upgrading his fashion game recently? He doesn't really show up wearing really high-end designers often, but both Versace and Fendi in such close proximity? Dang...like, I know they're probably rented or sponsored items (as is usually the case for celebrities' public appearances), but still - dang....

(And, yes, that dance JW does on Knowing Bros never gets old ;))

• Like 2

And here I am with the girls' round of this Disney-Drama Character challenge!

Again, as with the guys, this one was tough to put together, albeit for different reasons. Where there weren't all that many songs/characters to choose for the guys to begin with, there are a ton of options for the girls - but once again, I found a number of repetitive tropes and character types. And since this time, many of the more recent Disney films have (like many of JW's dramas) featured strong, tough and determined female leads, I'm with @kireeti2 in saying that there are sometimes too many possible matches for any good one to float up to the surface :P 

So this time, I'm looking a little farther afield in hopes that we could also feature some supporting JW drama girls as well. I hope you guys enjoy!

Spoiler

Disney-Drama Character Associations: Round One (Girls)

If you've seen the musical theatre version of this, you already know the drill. But just in case you need a refresher, the question is simple: which female character from JW's dramas comes to your mind when you hear each song, and why?

Again: answers can be ANY female character (lead, supporting, random extras you could describe but can't name, etc.) from ANY of JW's dramas. The only rule here is that you can't name the same drama character twice ;) 

No right or wrong answers - in true Disney spirit, just let your imagination go wild! :partyblob:

1. "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog

Disney character: Tiana

Context: While her mother wishes she could have a more carefree life socializing like other girls her age, Tiana is determined to continue working multiple part-time jobs in order to save enough money to one day fulfill her childhood dream of opening her own restaurant. And now that she's finally got enough to place a bid on the building she wants, that goal is within her grasp at last.

2. "My Lullaby" from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

Disney character: Zira

Context: As the matriarch of an exiled branch of the royal family, Zira decides to train up her young son, Kovu, to one day be able to claim the throne and restore their family line.

(Lyrics if you need them)

3. "Very Good Advice" from Alice in Wonderland (because, yes, after finishing Alice, I want to add a nod to this somewhere)

Disney character: Alice

Context: All her life, Alice has had little use for practical things, preferring to dwell in fantasies and daydreams. She got her chance to actually live out those dreams in Wonderland, but now, having found herself hopelessly lost in the woods, she realizes that imagination's not all that it's cracked up to be.

4. "Touch the Sky" from Brave (this was recommended to me by @kireeti2 a long time ago, and I'm finally getting around to including it)

Disney character: Merida

Context: Much to her mother's chagrin, Merida spends her morning doing the the things she loves best: horseback riding, archery practice, and exploring the forests and mountains around her family's castle.

5. "Strong" from Cinderella

Disney character: Cinderella (not her singing, but the song is about her)

Context: Despite growing up with an abusive stepmother and stepsisters, Cinderella is able to overcome her obstacles by retaining the kindness and spirit she learned from her birth mother. 

6. "Reflection" from Mulan

Disney character: Mulan

Context: Despite knowing that her family loves and cares for her unconditionally (especially her father), Mulan still worries that her inability to meet cultural expectations of femininity is letting them down. Yet, she also can't force herself to be something she's not.

7. "Baby Mine" from Dumbo

Disney character: Mrs. Jumbo (not her singing, but it's her point of view)

Context: After she fought back against people who were harassing her son (the titular Dumbo), Mrs. Jumbo was forcibly separated from him by the circus staff. But now, through the help of Dumbo's friend, mother and son get a chance to see each other in secret.

8. "Show Yourself" from Frozen 2

Disney character: Elsa

Context: After a long journey, Elsa reaches the source of the voice she has been hearing, believing that it could tell her why she was born with magical powers. There, she discovers that the answer lies in her mother's past.

• Blob 2
20 hours ago, kittyna said:

Kim Seo Won, not exactly the same situation though. But, these two character do have some kind of ambition to be financially independent and doesn't want to depend on anyone, like, they strong independent nature makes these two characters similar

Seo In Suk, not an ideally pick. But, she does come close to this musical character, where she wants her son to be brutal and successful at the same time and claim what she thinks his right.

3. "Very Good Advice" from Alice in Wonderland (because, yes, after finishing Alice, I want to add a nod to this somewhere)

Yoon Tae Yi(2020). She is not a day dreamer like the real Alice, but she does have her fantasy about time travel or about humans who are so advanced that they are able to hide their identity and live amongst them. So, just like musical she does gets involved with the time travel thing and gets to experience her fantasy

this was recommended to me by @kireeti2 a long time ago, and I'm finally getting around to including it)

I did ? Are you saying about the time when you asked me to choose a character from Joo won's drama and you'll choose musical for that character? I hope I would pick the same character I chose last time.

4. "Touch the Sky" from Brave (this was recommended to me by @kireeti2 a long time ago, and I'm finally getting around to including it)

Princess Hyemyung, just the Merida she is also a rebel and does things according to her terms and hated to be like a traditional lady and more over hates to live her life in order to get approval from others. I really hope I choose the similar character like last time

Oh Kyung Joo (Park Si-On's Mom): Not an ideal one but the one I could think of close to this musical. Despite being treated poorly by her husband she choose to accompany in his last days and she always there to look of Park Si-On even though it was at distance. So, her qualities do fit with this musical

Kim Do Yeon: I would have chosen Yoon Tae Yin here as well, but I couldn't because of the no repetition rule. Even though there was no culturally pressure on her, I choose her because of fearless nature like Mulan and her will to choose her own destiny.So, I choose her on the ground of similarity in  qualities

Park Sun Young(a.k.a Yoon Tae Yi from future): She is also in similar situation,like, she does get separated from her son, but it is permanent in nature and she always believed in her son that he will turn out to be good person and never let others get to him due to his unique personality (like, other kids calling him psycho). So, Mrs.Jumbo and Yoon Tae Yi loved their kids who were unique than from other kids of their age

Context: After a long journey, Elsa reaches the source of the voice she has been hearing, believing that it could tell her why she was born with magical powers. There, she discovers that the answer lies in her mother's past.

Han Yeo Jin: Just like Elsa found meaning of her life after chasing the voice, Han Yeo Jin also found a reason to stay alive and lead a meaningful life after meeting Kim Tae Hyun. On top of that, both these characters personality changes and accept themselves as they are and found love in the end.

I must say, this challenge for girl's round made me think differently(and enjoyed it) and also lots of names came up other than female leads from the drama. And also, its because you choose 2 musical characters who were not main leads, so this can partly be the reason for diversity in the answers

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:
22 hours ago, kittyna said:

Seo In Suk, not an ideally pick. But, she does come close to this musical character, where she wants her son to be brutal and successful at the same time and claim what she thinks his right.

Well, she's also the closest I've gotten right now, so back to the drawing board for me, I guess :P 

I did ? Are you saying about the time when you asked me to choose a character from Joo won's drama and you'll choose musical for that character? I hope I would pick the same character I chose last time.

It was way back when I was just starting to develop this idea for music-themed challenges and that many of the ones I found were from Disney, and you were like, "Like that song from Brave" or something like that :P It's all fuzzy now (nor does it matter in the grand scheme of things), but it was a comment about a song from this film, and I assumed it was this one ;) 

Oh Kyung Joo (Park Si-On's Mom): Not an ideal one but the one I could think of close to this musical. Despite being treated poorly by her husband she choose to accompany in his last days and she always there to look of Park Si-On even though it was at distance. So, her qualities do fit with this musical

Aww...wasn't expecting this response, but that's so sweet :fullofhearts:(Not her situation, of course, but that innate kindness and goodwill and the strength that it implies ;))

Park Sun Young(a.k.a Yoon Tae Yi from future): She is also in similar situation,like, she does get separated from her son, but it is permanent in nature and she always believed in her son that he will turn out to be good person and never let others get to him due to his unique personality (like, other kids calling him psycho). So, Mrs.Jumbo and Yoon Tae Yi loved their kids who were unique than from other kids of their age

Double aww now :fullofhearts:

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Park Sun Young is one of the best K-drama moms, period? Like, she had to raise her son under such insurmountable odds, but not only did she manage to have him survive, she also managed to bring him up to be a good person despite the curse. :approves:

Han Yeo Jin: Just like Elsa found meaning of her life after chasing the voice, Han Yeo Jin also found a reason to stay alive and lead a meaningful life after meeting Kim Tae Hyun. On top of that, both these characters personality changes and accept themselves as they are and found love in the end.

I didn't expect to see Han Yeo Jin here, but I see where you're going with her :) 

Question: why does JW look younger here than in his get-up as a teenage Jin Gyeom?

JW and Lee Si Young at the gym

I must say, this challenge for girl's round made me think differently(and enjoyed it) and also lots of names came up other than female leads from the drama. And also, its because you choose 2 musical characters who were not main leads, so this can partly be the reason for diversity in the answers

Glad you liked it :) I'll come back with my own answers later.

[EDIT]

Kim Do Yeon: I would have chosen Yoon Tae Yin here as well, but I couldn't because of the no repetition rule. Even though there was no culturally pressure on her, I choose her because of fearless nature like Mulan and her will to choose her own destiny.So, I choose her on the ground of similarity in  qualities

Didn't get around to responding to this earlier :P 

I actually really like this response, since when you think about it, Do Yeon's parents do want her to settle down and (potentially) get married - and they're prepared to start setting her up with someone if she doesn't do so on her own. The problem is that she's only interested in Jin Gyeom: her dad never liked him much to begin with, and it seems that while her mom approves of their friendship (because it makes Do Yeon come off as a nice girl), she doesn't see Jin Gyeom as good boyfriend/husband material for her daughter.

But, like Mulan, Do Yeon's just gonna keep doing her own thing ;) 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

so back to the drawing board for me, I guess

Sorry :bawling:

16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

It was way back when I was just starting to develop this idea for music-themed challenges and that many of the ones I found were from Disney, and you were like, "Like that song from Brave" or something like that :P It's all fuzzy now (nor does it matter in the grand scheme of things), but it was a comment about a song from this film, and I assumed it was this one

Ah, I do remember it vaguely, I think I made a reference towards Brave heart musical

17 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I  think it's because of lights on set and make up, and also hair-style is major difference between PJG and the Knowing Bro show Joo won

18 minutes ago, kittyna said:

JW and Lee Si Young at the gym

Lol, Si Young looks like trainer to him. I think she is veteran when it comes to gym, since she is doing it before Joo won started

20 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Park Sun Young is one of the best K-drama moms, period? Like, she had to raise her son under such insurmountable odds, but not only did she manage to have him survive, she also managed to bring him up to be a good person despite the curse. 

I think it's because of kim Hee Sun, she is really good at playing as protective mom, her acting "Angry Mom" was also excellent

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I  think it's because of lights on set and make up, and also hair-style is major difference between PJG and the Knowing Bro show Joo won

Yeah - it's definitely a mixture of all those factors, as well as the fact that JW's actually smiling. He's not all that baby-faced to begin with, but he does end up looking younger or more innocent when he smiles. :) 

And I'm also here with my own answers to the Disney-Drama Character challenge:

Disney character: Tiana

There are a number of these hard-working career-focused girls in JW's dramas, but right now, in terms of just a general vibe, I find myself thinking of Cha Soo Young from Ojakgyo Brothers. She seems to have that same feel of a person with a spunky determination and clear-set career goals while still being just a little bit girly (whereas, by point of contrast, I see many of the other such career-focused girls in JW's dramas like Kim Seo Won or Cha Yoon Seo as more tomboyish).

Disney character: Zira

Geez...I really just went around in circles with this one, because most of the JW drama moms just wouldn't do or think something like this :headbang: Like, there's Seo In Sook (obviously), but there isn't really another mom in these dramas who'd try to live vicariously through her kids by encouraging them to use unscrupulous means to get ahead. BUT! What if, rather than thinking about the actual drama moms, I considered what some of the younger girls might be like if they became parents themselves? Like, a sequel sort of scenario, where one of the younger female characters became bitter and resentful (or were to begin with) because she believed her rightful place was stolen from her by someone else? Someone who wouldn't mature past this point, such that it affects how she raises her kids? Well, in that case, I can think of someone who might turn out that way: Jung Da Yeon from My Sassy Girl. So let's just go with that ;) 

3. "Very Good Advice" from Alice in Wonderland 

Disney character: Alice

I think I'm going to choose Seol Nae Il here, because this is the same sort of journey that she undergoes in Nae Il's Cantabile. When we first see Nae Il, she's almost not fully present in our world, preferring to live in this idealized fantasy inside her head - and we see her pushing back hard against any attempts (even from those who care for her, like Cha Yoo Jin) to take her life and her studies more seriously. However, she does eventually realize that she has to grow up if she's ever going to achieve her dreams - even if it scares her.

4. "Touch the Sky" from Brave 

Disney character: Merida

It's not a literal parallel, but if I were to just think of a girl who's a tomboy (especially in the "one of the guys" sort of way) and who devotes almost all of her time and passion into pursuing her main interest - becoming damn good at it as a result - I end up with Jung Si Won from Nae Il's Cantabile. Yes, it's true that she does end up dating Yoo Il Rak by the end, but that's because she knows he likes her as she is and wouldn't push her to change; anyone else would be a no-go. ;) 

Disney character: Cinderella 

Here, I knew right off the bat that I wanted to pick a female character who looks unassuming or even passive, but for whom her loving kindness is her greatest strength (i.e. the "Hufflepuff" sort of personality). And that led me in a rather interesting direction: Park Sun Young/2050-Yoon Tae Yi from Alice. Lord knows how many times she tried and failed to raise Jin Gyeom into the good person he becomes, but she never wavers in her approach, believing that sooner or later, her love and care for him will manage to stick such that he could grow to break the cycle. And, with "our" Jin Gyeom, it finally does :) 

Disney character: Mulan

lol - Yoon Tae Yi did cross my mind as well (I guess the whole "same face, different personality" thing was just too tempting), but I've already saved her for a later prompt down below ;) So, with that in mind, maybe I could go with the simpler concept of a girl who is expected by just about everyone to be soft and feminine, but who very definitely isn't. Like, it's not like she can't be girly if she has to, but it's not how she's most comfortable. Given that, even though it's not really anything groundbreaking, I'm going to say Hye Myung from My Sassy Girl here. 

Disney character: Mrs. Jumbo

So I did also think of Park Sun Young at first (for obvious reasons), but since I also thought of her for #5, I wanted to go with someone different here. There are a number of moms in JW's dramas who could fit here in terms of their desire to comfort their children and stay by their side...I think I'll choose Kim Tae Hyun's mother (who is unnamed) in Yong Pal. Specifically, I think back to the dream that Tae Hyun has after he passes out inside the nuclear reactor in Episode 4, where he is able to step aside - just for a moment - from his role of the protective older brother and breadwinner to just be his mom's precious baby boy again. :criesariver:

Here, I wound up thinking of 2020-Yoon Tae Yi. Even though the actual circumstances are vastly different, I personally think that the fact that Elsa's mother is the one who guides her to understand and accept the purpose in her life closely mirrors how Tae Yi learns that same lesson from both her adoptive mother and her 2050 counterpart (who she believed was her biological mother). She was protective of Jin Gyeom for a while already, but it's really after those points (i.e. during the Episode 14-16 arc) that she ends up really coming into her own as his "mother".

• Insightful 2
6 hours ago, kittyna said:

I end up with Jung Si Won from Nae Il's Cantabile.

I really like this one:approves:, since she often pressurized to act like lady like by her peers and her family. But just like the protagonist in Brave, she does successfully resists those pressures and does what she wants

Jung Da Yeon from My Sassy Girl. So let's just go with that ;) 

It is a bit of a stretch, but I can imagine her to take her revenge after findings a mutual enemy against the main leads and she might even use marriage as an mutual transaction to take revenge on them

just for a moment - from his role of the protective older brother and breadwinner to just be his mom's precious baby boy again. 

:cries: Yeah, we actually get  to see her mom only in flashbacks. And also, I think she was a strong mother who was able to raise two kids all by herself with whatever little resources she had and managed to send one to medical school.

Hmm, Joo won seems to be celebrating for some occasion. And also, it is hard to find who uploaded this video.

• Like 2

Instagram update from JW's stylist - It looks like he and his team finally got around to celebrating his Producer's Award, since the writing on the cake plate says, "2021 Drama Awards/National Actor Joo Won".

For those who are wondering: yes, it does literally say "Yeongi Daesang" on there, but the word "daesang" can also mean awards more generally and not just the *actual* Daesang. So, the SBS Drama Awards are, in transliterated Korean, "SBS yeongi daesang". ;) 

• Like 3

Instagram update from JW's stylist - It looks like he and his team finally got around to celebrating

A team dinner with no alcohol? Lol, it is one  rare in Korean team dinner I have ever seen, at least among on Instagram of celebrities, most the celebrities use the occasion to promote "Soju" or some kind of alcohol beverage, guess joo won doesn't do it since he doesn't drink

• LOL 2
19 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

A team dinner with no alcohol?

Yeah, that's definitely going to be the case here - unless they want JW to end up passing out halfway through the meal :naughty:

FYI, I know I tease JW a lot on this forum for his inability to drink, but I do want to point out that I actually think it's one of his most endearing qualities :) It's just that, as @kireeti2 pointed out, it's so rare to see a Korean celebrity who can't drink (not "won't drink" but actually physically can't) - like, it's so contradictory to just about everything we imagine about Korean social life - that it's hard to resist that urge to have fun with it :P 

35 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

most the celebrities use the occasion to promote "Soju" or some kind of alcohol beverage, guess joo won doesn't do it since he doesn't drink

Oh dear God - if JW ever got a CF offer for soju or some other alcoholic beverage...someone clearly didn't do their homework :loolz:

But that being said, it's likely that members of his team would still drink at these gatherings if it's allowed - JW is more likely to just choose a non-alcoholic beverage himself (water in this case) rather than pressuring anyone else to join him.

By the way, this does remind me of the time on Life Log when he was shown drinking McCol (the soda brand he shot a CF for) at a dinner with his friends :) 

Finally, just a quick heads-up: I'm still working on the couples/pairs round of the Disney challenge. It's taking me a while because, well, I don't think anyone just wants to focus on romance eight times over ;) So, currently, I'm trying to think outside the box a little, and that includes scrounging around on YouTube for ideas.

• Blob 2
1 hour ago, kittyna said:

JW is more likely to just choose a non-alcoholic beverage

I think, most likely he will choose coffee

I'm still working on the couples/pairs round of the Disney challenge.

:fear: Yikes!! Couples rounds challenge  is toughest out of all the challenges,since we have to think both the point of view of Male lead and Female lead

It's just that, as @kireeti2 pointed out, it's so rare to see a Korean celebrity who can't drink (not "won't drink" but actually physically can't) - like, it's so contradictory to just about everything we imagine about Korean social life - that it's hard to resist that urge to have fun with it

Yeah, in Joo won's case it is physical barrier not the mental. Like, he can't drink even though he want to. But I do believe he smokes, right?

Oh dear God - if JW ever got a CF offer for soju or some other alcoholic beverage...someone clearly didn't do their homework 

Well it's not like a moral thing, joo won could drink water from a Alcohol brand or just take a sip and spit it. Moon Chae Won does the same thing, like if she wants to shoot a drinking scene she would just drink water from the alcohol bottle or spit it out after the shot is done.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Well it's not like a moral thing, joo won could drink water from a Alcohol brand or just take a sip and spit it. Moon Chae Won does the same thing, like if she wants to shoot a drinking scene she would just drink water from the alcohol bottle or spit it out after the shot is done.

Yeah, I know (how else would he do it in dramas?), I was just fooling around :P Commercial deals are different from acting, because even if we know it's not actually the case, the endorsement is implying that the celebrity actually uses the product and can vouch for it. Which, in the case of JW plus any alcoholic beverage, would be so blatantly untrue as to be completely nonsensical :lol:

36 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

But I do believe he smokes, right?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. It sounds really counter-intuitive - and many new fans are shocked when they find out - but it's not something that JW actively tries to hide. Okay, so he doesn't flaunt it either, but the evidence is there in these little "blink and you miss them" sorts of ways (e.g. a reference in Life Log to there being cigarettes in his van). 

It actually took me a long time to wrap my head around this, because I was so used to his fluffy and wholesome "aegyo maknae" image, but I did eventually realize that smoking (at least among men) was socially acceptable in Korea and wasn't seen as a reflection of one's moral character. And it's extremely prevalent in the entertainment industry, since nicotine functions as both a stimulant and an appetite suppressant. Most likely, though, actors or idols who smoke are occasional smokers rather than the type who constantly needs a cigarette (since that just wouldn't be practical with their busy schedules).

Of course, simply for the health risk and the negative long-term effects of smoking on someone's singing voice, I will always wish that he decides to quit. But at the same time, coming back to this whole broader discussion of vices in general...I'd rather have him smoking than drinking ;) There's less room for poor judgment and bad choices, all things considered.

I think, most likely he will choose coffee

lol - Probably :P 

Yikes!! Couples rounds challenge  is toughest out of all the challenges,since we have to think both the point of view of Male lead and Female lead

Which is why I'm trying my best to change it up right now - more on that when it's ready ;) 

• Insightful 2

In around 2 hours Joo Won and Ivy shorterview will be on air in YouTube.

Can't wait.. also don't know if I can watch it properly at work. :sweatingbullets: But fan girl in me will not just let me be patient. So I don't what I will happen.

Also in previous update there's a photo frame with Sam and Molly couple photo.. I wonder when did they took it. At early stage of promotion or later.

EsK1KVKVkAA12Zp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hope we'll get to see a better look at it in the show 

More at: https://mobile.twitter.com/JWTHFC/status/1351839187742416896

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

These three look like typical High school best friends from typical Kdrama

Other than Park Jun Myeon none of these other friends are talkative type and and JW is the one who talks lest. I wonder how it'll go on..the way he was playing with his hands showes he has many things going on in his mind or nothing going on his mind at all..:lol: Also from preview it showed he had fun. So can't wait to watch it.

And he picked Lee Su Guen as the Hyung-nim he missed. He's excited to meet LSG after a long time. :D

And our Joo Won is Soo cute! :wub:

Saying "watch it realtime~"

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

It's here... :gangnamstyle:

With English subtitles! 

Shorterview with Joo Won and Ivy is so damn funny.. Honestly I didn't think I'd enjoy it this much.

JW is so spontaneous.. specially the soul swapping corner he was so damn natural..laughed and loved it so much.

EsPzRzGVoAE1za7?format=jpg&name=small

That idea was really cool.. writers did some cool writing to come up with that segment.

Specially when JW and IVY asked if they'd ever felt something for the other as women/man.. they were so playful and witty. I really had fun watching this.

:partyblob:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1
9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol! These three look like typical High school best friends from typical Kdrama

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Other than Park Jun Myeon none of these other friends are talkative type and and JW is the one who talks lest. I wonder how it'll go on..the way he was playing with his hands showes he has many things going on in his mind or nothing going on his mind at all..:lol: Also from preview it showed he had fun. So can't wait to watch it.

lol - I think JW's always going to be the quiet one, especially when he's placed with more bubbly and outgoing personalities like he is here :P 

By the way, my favourite part was when JW started bopping along when Park Jun Myeon was singing. That seemed to be the moment when he was most in his element in this short clip :) 

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Shorterview with Joo Won and Ivy is so damn funny.. Honestly I didn't think I'd enjoy it this much.

Well, I'll tell you what: I certainly wasn't expecting that entrance :loolz:

It's weird, because now that I think about it, I very seldom see JW acting as a flirtatious (or, let's be real, sexually active) character - like, usually, his roles are more of the shy and awkward type in love (e.g. Park Si On) or just full-on tsundere. So while I knew he'd pull it off naturally as the talented actor he is, I was still like, "Dang...that's a bit more risqué than I thought it'd be!"

JW is so spontaneous.. specially the soul swapping corner he was so damn natural..laughed and loved it so much.

I don't think I've seen anything like that segment before, and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. So, right off the bat, I understood that, say, IVY would improvise JW's answer to a question, but I didn't expect that he'd also then lipsync with her response.

By the way, can I just say that IVY nailed her response to Jessi's question to JW about working with Kim Hee Sun in Alice? Like, JW pretty much says that about every single one of his co-stars! She also nailed his habit of glancing at his co-stars and going, "Okay, noona?" at the end of his answers (in response to the "dating" question), so let's just say that IVY really knows JW's interview style very well.

Specially when JW and IVY asked if they'd ever felt something for the other as women/man.. they were so playful and witty. I really had fun watching this.

They were totally taking advantage of the fact that they get to put words in each other's mouths there :loolz:

I also noticed that JW was the one who started it; I thought IVY would prank him first, but he just went for it and she's just like, "Dude, what the hell?!" But then she got him right back with her own answer to the same question.

However, I think my favourite segment overall was when JW and IVY had to sing their responses. They were clearly having so much fun improvising like that, and they were both trying to throw out a different style each time :lol:

(By the way, since Jung Shik - i.e. Jessi's co-host - brings it up: no, I don't think JW's voice is a good match for Jean Valjean. Not yet, anyway. Maybe it'll take actually hearing him cover a more classic/traditional musical theatre number to convince me, but I still see him in more "contemporary" style roles right now.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

JW is so spontaneous.. specially the soul swapping corner he was so damn natural..laughed and loved it so muc

I thought Joo won would play safe about the crush thing, but he sort of like went all-out. Soul Swap segment is also my favorite thing and Joo won did fairly well in a variety show, I must confess, I had my skepticism about this show, since Jessi's show is know for being aggressive towards their guests, but joo won handled it well, like in the beginning of the show she asked if he is any good at singing

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Same here, even though show started a bit slow but it picked up the pace as the show progressed

Also, in the comment section a regular viewer said that this is the show where Jessi didn't swear or there is no use swear words in this show.

36 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, can I just say that IVY nailed her response to Jessi's question to JW about working with Kim Hee Sun in Alice?

Yeah, it's like she literally swapped her soul with him. And joo won also did a good job playing as IVY.

38 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Well, I'll tell you what: I certainly wasn't expecting that entrance

I thought this scene was about their musical performance and I was also surprised at the entrance

40 minutes ago, kittyna said:

She also nailed his habit of glancing at his co-stars and going, "Okay, noona?" at the end of his answers (in response to the "dating" question), so let's just say that IVY really knows JW's interview style very well.

Yup, she totally transformed herself as Joo won and also copied his mannerism in impeccable way.

My favorite part was that team chemistry round, where they were doing coping each other answers to get the same answers. Overall the show was enjoyable and fun to watch

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
29 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Yup, she totally transformed herself as Joo won and also copied his mannerism in impeccable way.

To be fair, the camera was mostly on him when she was speaking, so it was harder to see IVY's gestures or facial expressions. But I think what happened is that IVY responded perfectly in JW's tone of voice, which is why his lipsync wound up so seamless. ;) Like, if I could imagine a man's voice speaking her lines, they would be exactly how JW actually speaks in interviews - including when he pauses in thought, the general rhythm/intonation, etc.

And then Jessi was just as impressed by JW's lipsync (the caption about his Producer's Award) as she was by IVY's answer :glasses:

And joo won also did a good job playing as IVY.

Maybe I'm just less familiar with IVY's interview style, but I think I still sensed a good deal of JW himself when he was imitating her. :P 

Also, in the comment section a regular viewer said that this is the show where Jessi didn't swear or there is no use swear words in this show.

Oh - does Jessi tend to swear a lot? It's my first time watching this show, so I wouldn't have known. Not that I mind, to be honest (nor do I think JW or IVY would have minded - especially given how much swearing JW's characters use), but I'm just wondering now.

I thought this scene was about their musical performance and I was also surprised at the entrance

I know, right? I'm kicking myself for being surprised - since I know that that's a huge part of Sam's character in Ghost and that JW doesn't shy away from his characters' sexuality to begin with (Spring Awakening, anyone?) - but I still was :lol: It's like he and IVY decided to just go for it and up the ante this time around, given that they already kissed on Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook from 2013 :P 

• Blob 3
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]