Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin 

This couple did cross my mind, but given that Han Yeo Jin is practically royalty, it was hard for me to imagine her to do such kind of task.

Kim Tae Hyun or Cha Yoo Jin

Well, I will vote for Cha Yoo Jin, Kim Tae Hyun is already in proximity with his family and can greet them personally, where as Cha Yoo Jin would be traveling because of his Musical career

7 hours ago, kittyna said:

what would happen if Do Yeon, Nae Il and Ja Eun knew each other? lol - That would be just a whole other level of chaos

I think the guys will have hard time. These three might come up with different kinds of ideas of their own by inspiring each other in areas like how to celebrate Christmas, what kind of sweater they should be choosing for their boyfriend/husband

Wait, Gaksital???

Exactly my initial reactions. But, your explanation does makes sense

And now I'm curious - why her?

I would like to change this option, I am choosing Yoon Tae Yi(2020) for this one.  Given that she was raised in Church for most of her childhood, I think Christmas must have been important event in her life and as she grew up she would have changed her opinion and it becomes a mere holiday event which is to be spent with family

• Like 2
  • Replies 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

This couple did cross my mind, but given that Han Yeo Jin is practically royalty, it was hard for me to imagine her to do such kind of task.

She has that "practically royal" side to her, of course, but she's also the one who admires - and nearly romanticizes - how a "commoner" like Tae Hyun lives ;) 

I think the guys will have hard time. These three might come up with different kinds of ideas of their own by inspiring each other in areas like how to celebrate Christmas, what kind of sweater they should be choosing for their boyfriend/husband

:loolz: And now I wonder what the guys would do!

I would like to change this option, I am choosing Yoon Tae Yi(2020) for this one.  Given that she was raised in Church for most of her childhood, I think Christmas must have been important event in her life and as she grew up she would have changed her opinion and it becomes a mere holiday event which is to be spent with family

Yeah, that makes sense. We don't see much about Tae Yi's younger religious beliefs (although she is definitely an atheist as an adult), it would make sense for her to have had some religious faith, since the orphanage was church-run.

By the way, that means that at least four JW drama female leads (Oh Mok Dan, Cha Yoon Seo, Han Yeo Jin, and Yoon Tae Yi) were brought up with religion...but it's a whole ton fuzzier for the guys. Like, we could reasonably assume that Gu Ma Jun was brought up Christian (since he has a church wedding), and that Park Si On was as well (due to his strongly Judeo-Christian perceptions of heaven, morality, etc.). But other than those two, it's harder to tell.

Finally, since we're on the subject of changing responses...I want to add a second option to this prompt: 

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

4. The JW drama couple most likely to end up with a "gift of the Magi" scenario when buying presents for each other

Since we both answered Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin at first, I wanted to think of a second/alternate answer as well - and I wound up thinking of Hwang Tae Hui and Baek Ja Eun, since they do nearly end up in such a scenario regarding her internship in the States (she wants it, but is seriously considering giving it up so she could stay with Tae Hui, so Tae Hui starts looking for opportunities in the States so he could join her). It's not quite a "gift of the Magi" scenario (since that would imply, say, Ja Eun informing Tae Hui that she declined the offer right when he started making progress - it's really that circular), but it does come close.

• Like 2

Just sharing this because it showed up in my Instagram feed and I haven't seen it before: behind-the-scenes footage of the scene in Yong Pal when Tae Hyun gets shot

By the way, as tough as the original scene was for me to watch, I do have to say that I was impressed at JW's performance. Different people will react differently to pain or injury, and Tae Hyun's behaviour (as evidenced in this scene and others in this Episode 6-7 arc) actually said a good deal about his character, I think. I don't really know how best to explain it, but one example would be that he didn't scream or cry out - not even once. Like, he barely made a sound through the whole thing, and...I dunno, that just really stood out to me for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

New workout video from JW and his friend, Lee Si Young - I guess this means that gyms are either still open (or just reopened) in Korea :) 

By the way, I thought the moment when JW touched his stomach on his way to the pull-up bar(?) was really cute. It's like he's already thinking, "Oh, God - this is gonna hurt!" - but then he nails it anyway :glasses:

• Like 2

I guess this means that gyms are either still open (or just reopened) in Korea :) 

I think it's an old video of them, like, when they were fairly new to the gym and workouts. When I translated his comment of this post it showed as "When they were "a little bird" days". So, I think it's kind of a before and after video. And also, Lee Si Young looks different in this video,  so it is the video of their initial days or their first day in the gym

• Like 2
14 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I think it's an old video of them, like, when they were fairly new to the gym and workouts. When I translated his comment of this post it showed as "When they were "a little bird" days". So, I think it's kind of a before and after video. And also, Lee Si Young looks different in this video,  so it is the video of their initial days or their first day in the gym

I see...I thought something wasn't adding up, because I was definitely under the impression that gyms in Korea (or at least in Seoul) were closed due to COVID-19. 

JW's agency's shoutout to Evil!Jin Gyeom as the creepiest performance in 2020 :naughty: - Well, I certainly thought it was, too. How about you guys?

By the way, the Instagram post is just a teaser; here's the full thing on Naver

• Like 2

So, I do anticipate that things will get really busy on here soon once the results from the SBS Drama Awards are out. I don't hold out much hope for Alice winning all that many awards: it has been one of SBS's better dramas in my opinion, but I can't really visualize it being at the top of the pack in any one category either. And some - like "Best Kiss" - would be out of the question entirely (by the way, just how rare is it for a JW drama not to have a kiss scene at all?).

Well, none of that has happened yet at the time that I'm writing this, although I will say I'm looking forward to seeing the red carpet photos this year: something about the whole tux/evening gown + mask combo I've seen is really fascinating for some reason.

In the meantime, after several months of stopping and starting at a snail's pace (sometimes due to real life matters, sometimes due to ideas for other fics forming more clearly in my head), I've finally gotten far enough in the Seolleim in Salzburg finale for Preview/Teaser #3. Can you believe my last one was all the way in September? :P 

Spoiler

As the warm, invigorating smell of freshly brewed coffee fills the air, Nae Il finally stirs awake. She sits up slowly, letting out such a loud yawn that I chuckle despite myself.

“I take it you slept well, Seollebal?”

She nods heavily, getting up to shuffle past me into the bathroom, her eyes still closed. While she washes up, I busy myself at the coffee machine: pouring out our individual servings, adding cream and sugar to hers while leaving mine black. She still hasn’t emerged by the time I finish, so I place her drink on the bedside table and bring my own with me to pull back the drapes.

When we first found out that Maestro Viera had managed to book us a hotel located right next to the historic church where Bach worked for most of his life in Leipzig, we thought that our room would have a view of it. Instead, this room is in the back of the building, with a large floor-to-ceiling window showcasing the block’s internal courtyard. Turning the latch, I open the window slightly. The sounds of wind rustling through the trees and chirping birdsong are a refreshing way to start the morning; but having grown accustomed to hearing them every day in Salzburg, I would much rather hear the bells from the cathedral next door instead.

I’m still standing there slowly sipping my cup of coffee when I feel Nae Il wrap her arms around me from behind. Smiling, I place my free hand overtop of hers. “We can head downstairs for breakfast later; but for now, your coffee’s over there.”

We settle down with our drinks: I taking the bright green armchair next to the bed and Nae Il sitting on the mattress after haphazardly tossing the blanket to one side. I look on as she smells her coffee first before taking her first sip; she lets out a contented sigh and sets her cup back on the nightstand. “Komawoyo, Orabang.” She smiles at me. “Of course, hotel coffee’s never gonna compare to what we have at home, but it’s still good.”

I answer with a noncommittal nod at first, but then speak up after a short pause. “And I thought you would be up first thing in the morning.” One corner of my mouth twitches up in a teasing smirk. “Like usual.”

“I know, right?” Nae Il quips back. “Who would’ve thought that going on tour would be so tiring?” She yawns and stretches her arms over her head once again. “Just three weeks and already, I’m exhausted – and that’s not even counting planning for the wedding. So it’s a good thing we’ve got a break now.”

I give her a sympathetic look. Since the start of June, we haven’t had a single day when we weren’t working towards or thinking about our performances this summer: her graduation, my recital, our tour….By rights, we shouldn’t even be having this week-long break right now before our final stop in Seoul, a point that I remind her of once again: “Only because the Seoul Arts Centre was already booked solid this week–”

“Ara. Which is why I think this is awesome.” A pause. “And what about you, Orabang? I thought you’d want to sleep in for once.” She looks over her shoulder at my half of the room’s double bed. “With all your tossing and turning, I’m pretty sure you fell asleep way after I did.”

Quickly, I press my lips together, forcing back the laugh rising up in my throat. “No thanks to you, Seollebal,” I retort wryly once I’m able. “Nor Maestro Viera, for that matter.”

This room, as with the rest of its class in this hotel, has a single bewildering quirk: one of the bathroom walls – the one between the shower and the bed – is made out of glass. Fortunately, most of it is frosted enough that nothing would really show through, but there are several clearer horizontal bands starting from approximately my eye level upwards.

Clearly, Maestro Viera had assumed Nae Il and I were farther along physically in our relationship than was actually the case; and, sensing his goodwill – however misplaced – I had been unable to bring myself to ask for a room change. Instead, last night, I simply made a point of positioning myself as far away from that wall as possible while she took her shower.

There’s no way that she couldn’t have understood why I did what I did, so by rights, she should have known to return the favour when it was my turn. However, Seollebal will always be Seollebal: just when I finished rinsing off, she suddenly popped up in the window, startling me so badly that I nearly slipped and fell right then and there. By the time I managed to rush out from the bathroom, a towel hastily tied around my waist, she had already returned the chair to its original spot by the window as though nothing had happened. We’d stood there gaping at each other on opposite sides of the room – I shirtless and she already in her pajamas in a near-perfect repetition of how we’d first met – until Nae Il, unable to bear the absurdity of our situation any longer, burst out laughing even as I buried my burning red face in the nearest wall.

Now, seeing that I am finally able to laugh about the incident after spending the entire night sharing a bed with her without any further shenanigans, Nae Il sheepishly bites her bottom lip. “Well, if it makes you feel any better, Orabang, you reacted before I actually got to see anything. I forgot just how good your peripheral vision needs to be in order to be a conductor.”

A relieved smile flashes across her face when I nod to accept the apology hidden beneath her words, but it fades away immediately afterwards. “Geunde…I’ve never asked this before, because I’ve never needed to know before, but are you still going to be this awkward about it up until the wedding? Not that I mind, of course,” she adds hastily. “I’d still love you just as much either way, but, you know…when we’re already so close and when so many other couples – even some of our friends – have already done it far earlier in the game….”

I reach out across the gap between us to take her hand. “Gwenchana. I understand.” I smile fondly at her. “It’s nothing like that, Nae Il-ah. It’s just that – you know how people say there’s a first time for everything?”

She nods.

“Well, hidden in that statement is also the fact that you could only experience the first time of anything once. After that first time, there is no undoing or redoing it. So when it comes to us, and” – I raise a hinting eyebrow – “our ‘first time’, I want it to be something special.”

Nae Il’s brow furrows and she worms her hand out of my grip. “What do you mean? Wouldn’t it be special regardless?”

“Geu rae,” I concede. “It would be. But what I mean is….” Stuck for words, I mull over my response for a moment before trying again. “I think that, for some reason, it’ll take the wedding for all of this” – I gesture vaguely at the two of us seated together – “to feel real for me.”

She stays silent for several seconds, but then, instead of asking further, she nods. “I understand, Orabang. All my life, nearly everyone around me has loved me unconditionally: Abang, Eomeong, Halmang, my teachers, my friends – you….But I guess that wasn’t the case for you, was it.”

“Mm.” I give her a solemn nod. “There were some people, of course – especially once I met you S’s – but for the most part….” Letting the words trail off on their own, I shake my head. She’d know exactly what I mean. “I want to give unconditionally–”

“You do, Orabang.”

“But when, after years of experience, you learn that anyone you love could simply just leave without either accepting or reciprocating it...you learn to hold off on the giving itself.”

“Lest the person you love end up leaving instead.” When I nod in response, she gives me a nod of her own before reaching out to place one hand overtop of mine. “Arasseo. I’d never leave you, Orabang, but if you want us to wait until you’re ready, I can do that. It’s been almost three years, so what’s a few more weeks?

“Besides,” she adds with a knowing look – “I already have your heart, and that’s what matters.”

I let out a short laugh. “Trust you to say that, Seollebal.” We exchange identical bashful grins, after which I retrieve my cup of coffee, gesturing for her to do the same. “So: would you rather have breakfast here in the hotel, or should we find a café?”

Yep - Seollebal will always be Seollebal :P But with a hotel room like this, you know she wouldn't be able to resist.

Also, I think this is a good time to point out (given that they do get married in this finale) that Yoo Jin and Nae Il will end up sleeping together at some point in the finished fic. I am aware of Soompi's guidelines re: explicit content, though, so I promise you now that I WILL be discreet about it when the time comes. No graphic details - just enough for you to know that it's happened.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, agenth said:

He won the SBS Producer Award (Alice). 

:partyblob:

Awesome! Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

I think there's definitely a lot to be said for JW winning the Producer Award specifically - if I recall correctly, that's given to the best acting performance as decided by the dramas' directors and producers, which means that ratings, popularity/star quality, etc. aren't major factors here. It's just down to performance, and I do think that JW did a great job as Park Jin Gyeom, so I'm happy :) 

(By the way, I went to JW's Wikipedia page to check - he also got KBS's PD Award (the equivalent to this one) for Good Doctor.)

I do wish the rest of the Alice cast got to take home something, though...they were all awesome (Kim Hee Sun as always, and Kwak Si Yang and Lee Da In both gave eye-opening performances in their respective roles). But given the strength of Penthouse in particular as both an industry and fan favourite, I knew not to expect much.

JW's New Year's greeting - Just as cute as ever :love: And I love the swag with the black mask :glasses:

[EDIT] I've since found out from reading the comments on this Instagram post  (which listed the Top Excellence nominees for actors in a fantasy/romance genre series) that the Producer Award ranks just immediately below the Daesang. In other words, acting awards are given out in tiers (Daesang, Producer, Top Excellence, Excellence, etc.), which means that, for all intents and purposes, JW's performance was given a more prestigious award (Producer) than what I'd originally hoped for (Top Excellence). So congrats, Oppa! :approves:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Happy new Year, Everyone!

EqlIv6qUUAAzHta?format=jpg&name=large

My random wishes that came true--

1. I hope @kittyna you remember I was wishing for Joo Won to be on 2020 SBS Drama Awards Daesang nominee.. Though I know he wouldn't be getiing daesang this year but I wanted recognition for his daesang worthy acting. Also I love dit that they had limited nominee this year 7 daesang nominee. And Both Alice Mom-son got nomination.. Yee..

2. And He got PRODUCER AWARD the one right after Daesang.. So happy for him. I also talked with another fan on twitter- she was hopping for top excellence and asking me what I think he may get. My honest opinion was I would like him to win Producer AWARD this year. His portrayal of Park Jin Gyeom is too good and this kind of acting should get its deserved recognition. If he can't get Daesang this year, I would highly appreciate it if he gets PD Award. He got it from KBS back in 2013 and now from SBS. Yoo Hoo... the dependable actor our Wonnie. :fullofhearts: I am so glad .. this is like Critics Award.. :partyblob:

Joowon was so teasing the fans with anxiousness though.. fans were wondering if he'd attend or not. His Daesang nomination came in news while the award show was still going on and he posted that cute tik tok video some time before his appearance- his way of confirming fans- I'm here people, look forward to it!

EqlIv6qUUAAzHta?format=jpg&name=large

Source: https://twitter.com/SBSNOW/status/1344685987792703489

video clip:

My Translation of his award Speech:

"Hello, this is Joo Won.

First I would like to thank God. I am very happy that in the beginning of New Year I am receiving such a big prize like Producer Award that gives the actors pride and I would like to express my gratitude again.

CEO Han Jeonghan, Director Baek Soo Chan, Kim Hee Sun Noona and all actors and staffs who made it possible to film Alice with happiness and handwork till the last moment even in this difficult (covid 19) situation- I was very happy and I would like to thank you all.

To my loving parents and family who always love and support me most, my agency members, our staff members and my dear fans- thank you from bottom of my heart.

Right now all of us are passing through a difficult time. These days after I wake up from sleep I check for the number of confirmed case. So I feel like I am starting each day with worrying. It is probably same for many people. Though it will possibly not change right away but this year I would like to start my days with fluttering heart, thinking about what happy things can happen today.

It will be full of good things, everyone. Happy New Year, Thank You. "

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think this award will be memorable for Joo won, not only because it is second time he got this Producer's Choice award, but also because it is his first award in his 30's, it's like it is second innings of his career

I hope his movie "Firefighter" also does well, so that it will help him get his first award in Movie categories, since he has no awards in his movie career.

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

2. And He got PRODUCER AWARD the one right after Daesang..

It is more like a similar award minus the popularity and ratings. Otherwise, it is on par with Daesang. I guess in producer's award they take into efforts of the artist  and commitment towards the role.

His portrayal of Park Jin Gyeom is too good and this kind of acting should get its deserved recognition. If he can't get Daesang this year, I would highly appreciate it if he gets PD Award.

Yup, lot of fans and non-fans liked the character but sort of let down by the story of "Alice", if it weren't for sloppy writing and under-utilization of the characters, Alice would have done better and would have got more than one award.

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

I do wish the rest of the Alice cast got to take home something, though...they were all awesome

They lost to the leads, like the categories in which Lee Da-In and Kwak Si Yand got nominated were sort of competing with the leads of other dramas, who had more screen time and opportunity to display their acting skills. I was sort of surprised that these two were nominated in the first place, given the screen time. It almost felt like the writers decided only to use the lead roles for the whole drama and wanted to utilize other characters just for fillers.

Joowon was so teasing the fans with anxiousness though.. fans were wondering if he'd attend or not.

It was also like a surprise, like it was presented in the end before the Daesang award and there was no nomination list either. But this award does signifies that Joo won's acting skills has improved and he can see more shades in his future dramas with different story lines, now that he is a senior actor, I guess his agency will give him more freedom to choose his own script and will not reject or force him to do the dramas which he is not interested.

And also, I am glad  Joo won or rather his stylist went for Black Suit for the ceremony. I feel like he  looks more  dashing in Suit  than in Tuxedo. :glasses:

• Like 2

1. I hope @kittyna you remember I was wishing for Joo Won to be on 2020 SBS Drama Awards Daesang nominee.. Though I know he wouldn't be getiing daesang this year but I wanted recognition for his daesang worthy acting. Also I love dit that they had limited nominee this year 7 daesang nominee. And Both Alice Mom-son got nomination.. Yee..

I do vaguely remember that conversation - and I think I was on board with wanting JW to get the Daesang at first, too. But then once I found out that Penthouse was being included for awards consideration (I initially thought it wouldn't be because it's still ongoing), I was just like, "Yeah...no. Not gonna happen this year :P". As @kireeti2 pointed out, the Daesang does take ratings and the drama's overall contribution to the network into consideration, and even if, on the off chance, Alice could contend against Hot Stove League and Romantic Dr. Kim 2...it wouldn't have stood a chance against both of those and Penthouse all at once.

And I was hoping to find some list of nominees prior to today, but I couldn't. SBS's Instagram account only mentioned "Best Drama" and "Best Kiss" - maybe because of audience polling? - and so I still have no idea who was nominated for Daesang, to be honest: just that Namgoong Min won it and that (now that you mentioned it) JW and Kim Hee Sun were both nominated.

I am so glad .. this is like Critics Award..

11 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

It is more like a similar award minus the popularity and ratings. Otherwise, it is on par with Daesang. I guess in producer's award they take into efforts of the artist  and commitment towards the role.

Oh, okay - so I wasn't remembering incorrectly about what the PD Awards (in any network) were about. :) 

13 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

But this award does signifies that Joo won's acting skills has improved and he can see more shades in his future dramas with different story lines, now that he is a senior actor, I guess his agency will give him more freedom to choose his own script and will not reject or force him to do the dramas which he is not interested.

Well, business will always be business, so I don't think his agency (or any talent agency, for that matter) would take a completely "hands off" approach. ;) 

However, I do seem to recall JW saying in his Christmas vlog that he's started looking into ideas for his next project - but I'm pretty sure it will have to wait until after Ghost is done. Even if JW has the time and energy to tackle multiple projects, that's still not a wise decision while COVID-19 is around :mask:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I think I was on board with wanting JW to get the Daesang at first

No, Joo won did not get nominated for Daesang, it  Kim Hee Sun did. Joo won nominated for "Top Excellent Actor" with his fellow actors like Lee Mi Ho and Ji Chang-Wook. So, the Producer Award was a surprise to me and it is given every year to the best performing actress/actors who were able to captivate the audience with their acting, last year it was Jang Na-Ra who got the Producer Award

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

No, Joo won did not get nominated for Daesang, it  Kim Hee Sun did. Joo won nominated for "Top Excellent Actor" with his fellow actors like Lee Mi Ho and Ji Chang-Wook. So, the Producer Award was a surprise to me and it is given every year to the best performing actress/actors who were able to captivate the audience with their acting, last year it was Jang Na-Ra who got the Producer Award

Joo Won is nominee number 6 among  7 daesang nominees of 2020 SBS Drama Awards.

EqkzBDdUcAMi6I1?format=jpg&name=small

Like I said I wasn't expecting him to win in this list considering other dramas' higher ratings but I did want to see him in the nominee list. Because he did great.

Winner of two PD Awards- 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh, I did not know that, since, the list is still unchanged. And also, two nominees from one drama for Daesang seemed like some kind of mistake, and it was long a short even for Kim Hee Sun(Since she had to do three kind of roles with three different age groups) , let alone for Joo won. Nevertheless, getting nominated for Daesang is itself an sign of strong performance of the artist.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, kittyna said:

by the way, just how rare is it for a JW drama not to have a kiss scene at all?).

It is rare indeed. Like, there are only two dramas of Joo won's where there is no kiss scene(Alice and Nae-il' Cantabile)

But, Kiss scenes are rare in his movies, like apart from Steal My heart movie, there is no proper kiss scene in his movies

Even if JW has the time and energy to tackle multiple projects, that's still not a wise decision while COVID-19 is around

But his peers and other artists are doing projects after projects with COVID-19 safety precautions, I don't see why can't Joo won do it. Anyway, Joo won does take time to start new project and it seems like he is taking a lot into consideration before choosing a project.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

But his peers and other artists are doing projects after projects with COVID-19 safety precautions, I don't see why can't Joo won do it.

Consecutive projects, sure - but not two things at the same time (which is what I meant by "multiple"). Point is, I think he won't actually start filming a new drama or film until after Ghost has finished its run - which, if performances resume on schedule, would be sometime in March.

Also, as a fan, I have to be realistic: anytime someone goes out for any reason, there is still a risk - even with masks, social distancing measures, etc. If JW or any other artist has to work, I won't fault them for that, of course, but I still want to be a responsible consumer and acknowledge that my wish to see him doing more projects at this point in time means that I'm also asking him to continue to put his health (and that of others) at risk. JW's decision on how many projects to take, when to take them, etc. is ultimately his, but I need to be conscious of the role that market and fandom demands play in that decision.

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Joo won nominated for "Top Excellent Actor" with his fellow actors like Lee Mi Ho and Ji Chang-Wook.

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Oh, I did not know that, since, the list is still unchanged. And also, two nominees from one drama for Daesang seemed like some kind of mistake, and it was long a short even for Kim Hee Sun(Since she had to do three kind of roles with three different age groups) , let alone for Joo won.

If I recall correctly, there is usually a lot of overlap between nominees for Top Excellence and Daesang - so if someone doesn't get Top Excellence, it could be just that or it could be that they'll end up getting the Daesang instead.

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

It is rare indeed. Like, there are only two dramas of Joo won's where there is no kiss scene(Alice and Nae-il' Cantabile)

I know that with Nae Il's Cantabile, a number of fans felt cheated out of a kiss scene at the time. But in hindsight, I actually think the lack of a kiss scene makes sense, because both of the major couples (Cha Yoo Jin/Seol Nae Il, Yoo Il Rak/Jung Si Won) are just starting out by the end of the drama. They're not quite at the kissing stage yet, especially in the case of Yoo Jin and Nae Il, since he's so generally cautious about letting others get close to him: both emotionally and physically. Looking back, if he needed a more precise label than just being straight/heterosexual (which he is - and, if asked, that's how he'd self-identify), there's reasonable argument that he's also demisexual (i.e. only feels physical attraction to someone with whom one already has an emotional connection).

As for Alice, there's no real romance at all, except for the one between Yoo Min Hyuk and 2050-Yoon Tae Yi - and I still think that Park Jin Gyeom is asexual (or, at least, he is prior to the reset). By the way, I don't remember if there was a kiss between Captain Go and his wife, though. There probably was - just more of the quick peck sort.

JW's Instagram update

• Like 2

And there's more ...

Best 1 minute of 2020 SBS Drama Awards with highest viewership rating of 9.6% is the moment when Joo Won received PD Award.

Eqn-051VEAI5k98?format=jpg&name=large

News From SBS: https://ent.sbs.co.kr/amp/article.do?article_id=E10010128600&article_id=E10010128600&utm_medium=referral&cooper=ent sbs co kr&__twitter_impression=true

Usually Daesang speech should get this attention considering how people has most interest on who's getting Daesang. But Our Joo Won got the moment. I feel so happy for him. :partyblob:

Kim Hee Sun, Go Kyung Pyo, Lim Ji Yeon and Yoo In Young congratulated Joo Won. His friends are happy for him. I his Musical Hyung Kim Woo Hyung who's playing Sam also congratulated him.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

It's understandable why the SBS Drama Awards just had actors coming into the building, waiting backstage, then going up on stage one at a time (or two to three if it was a joint award), but we did end up missing out on what could have been a cute reunion between JW and Eugene. Crazy to think that ten years ago, she was an established idol , and he was still the young rookie whippersnapper :P Now, they could both proudly share the same awards stage (albeit not simultaneously), and it's a really neat reminder of how much time has gone by.

(And, yes, the song that JW sang for the King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu OST did just come up on my playlist by fluke a few minutes ago - so I'm in something of a mood right now ;))

Someone in the comments on this post also pointed out that Choi Kang Hee received an award that night, too - which would have wound up with an even cuter three-way :love:

JW's post-award greeting to fans

7 hours ago, partyon said:

I just completed Good Doctor and I have to give credit to Joo Won's amazing acting. What a fine job he did playing Park Sion !

Ooh.... :approves:

Yeah, for anyone who likes JW's dramas or wants to be introduced to his acting (not sure which side you fit more on, @partyon), Good Doctor is a must-see :) That's also, since we're still on the subject of the SBS Drama Awards here, the other production he got a Producer's Award for (albeit on KBS).

Usually Daesang speech should get this attention considering how people has most interest on who's getting Daesang. But Our Joo Won got the moment. I feel so happy for him. 

I'm surprised to hear that - and also a little bit weirded out, to be honest. Like, did some people just turn off their TVs after JW's speech or something???

Okay, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I am genuinely curious just what happened there.

Kim Hee Sun, Go Kyung Pyo, Lim Ji Yeon and Yoo In Young congratulated Joo Won. His friends are happy for him. I his Musical Hyung Kim Woo Hyung who's playing Sam also congratulated him.

Aw...those messages are so sweet :) 

By the way, does anyone know what JW said in reply to Kim Hee Sun?

• Like 2
  • Blob 2
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]