Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

48 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I complained about how they're not in the making videos. They're mostly of Joo Won and Km Hee Sun. There are one on one scene of Joo Won-Kwak Si Yang, Joo-Won- Lee Da In, Lee Da In-Kim Hee Sun.. Even though they have interesting parts that can be featured in makings, SBS did not give us any is what I am talking about. I myself enjoy Doyeoni-taeyi cat fight..but it's sad we've no making of those fun scenes.. SBS is always promoting how JW and KSY has so many action scenes but we've no making of those. That's what I find not satisfactory.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I've been wanting to see behind-the-scenes cuteness with Lee Da In and Kwak Si Yang, too. :) 

Speaking of that, remember that GIF with JW and KSY we saw recently and how we thought that maybe it was from when things get better for Park Jin Gyeom and Yoo Min Hyuk? Um...nope. 

I actually like it that Alice is fully pre produced... I recently had a bad experience with SBS live shooting airing drama.. they totally changed their story and romance ship because other character got more hyped.. That was a very unpleasent memory of mine so when I heard JW is going to do SBS drama I was kind of freaked thinking about what ifs... then was glad that Alice is going to be pre produced! 

I also like that it's pre-produced, because I think pre-produced dramas generally have tighter and more cohesive writing overall. And, because the writers can actually have free reign to create the stories however they want (as opposed to having to change to meet viewer expectations, demands for cuts or extensions from the networks, etc.), they actually have the time to come up with incredibly complex storylines like what we see in Alice. Right now, watching Alice feels like watching a filmed version of a page-turner novel, and while it's not perfect (because up until the end, I think I'm always gonna be just a bit worried that the writers will have to rush or there'll be major plot gaps), I'm enjoying the suspense and mystery of it overall.

Actually, am I the only one that feels like Alice, despite its overarching genre as a Sci-Fi drama, actually switched genres several times? For instance: in Episodes 1-6, we had a classic crime mystery/action story; in Episodes 7-8, we went more towards a heartwarming rom-com; in Episodes 9-12, we had really tragically poignant melodrama (RIP Go Ahjussi - we still miss you :bawling:); and now, we're just in straight-up horror/psychological thriller territory. Makes me wonder where this is all going to end.

Leaving some vlive moment of JW in here in first he talked about Alice..

Aw...these are cute! Thanks for sharing! :fullofhearts:

I think it's funny that JW's almost bursting at the seams with his knowledge of all the twists and surprises that Alice has in store in these final four episodes. He's giddy about it like a little kid, and it looks like he has to literally stop himself from just spilling it all :lol:

As for his mother's reaction to Evil!Jin Gyeom... :loolz: Don't worry, Mama Moon - we understand ;) 

(It also reminds me of the time when JW shared that during Level 7 Civil Servant, his grandmother worried that he really was getting kicked in the balls as much as Han Gil Ro was. :P Ya...what are we gonna do with this adorable family?)

• Like 2
  • Replies 57.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

Episode 13 has just blew me away with its twist and revelations. There were few plot holes, but we get over look it since they are the ones which made the drama intriguing. So, episode 13 has our answers for past questions, like, Who was TY(2020) and her family, turns out PSY is not her mom and they are two different persons, and I am guessing the term "reset" used for stopping the time travel means to completely erasing PJG in every dimension, maybe that's why PSY did not want to stop the time travel. And evil PJG really lives up to his ominous looks and actions, and I guess he will try to stop the team of 2020 in order keep the time travel a reality and he can take complete control over the time travel. And the character who suffers most is PSY, I really feel for her, she left everything for the sake of PJG just to be killed or get killed because of him. And I think episode 14 will also have few revelations for us and with its twist. I think episode 13 is by far best one in this drama, with all the conflicts of different characters, it is complex and enjoyable at the same time. And I also like how PJG from 2020 says that KDY is a special friend of him and would never hurt her, so it is like a low-key confession

14 hours ago, kittyna said:

Speaking of that, remember that GIF with JW and KSY we saw recently and how we thought that maybe it was from when things get better for Park Jin Gyeom and Yoo Min Hyuk? Um...nope. 

Yup, I think Father - Son duo will try to stop the evil PJG who seem have better understanding and good control over time travel of them all. So, PJG (2020) need all the help that he can get to stop his evil self, and I have feeling that in this process we might see the end of PJG.

15 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Park Jin Gyeom and Dark Jin Gyeom they say..I had the feeling that young Jin Gyeom might be getting affected if 2020 Jin Gyeom time travel.

I think the effect these two were having has to be only physical not mental. Its not like that PJG(2010) became evil because of the presence of PJG(2020). It looks like he became evil long before arrival of PJG(2020) and I am more interested in the next episode like what will come out of the confrontation between PJG(2020) and PJG(2010).

14 hours ago, kittyna said:

ctually, am I the only one that feels like Alice, despite its overarching genre as a Sci-Fi drama, actually switched genres several times? For instance: in Episodes 1-6, we had a classic crime mystery/action story; in Episodes 7-8, we went more towards a heartwarming rom-com; in Episodes 9-12, we had really tragically poignant melodrama (RIP Go Ahjussi - we still miss you :bawling:); and now, we're just in straight-up horror/psychological thriller territory. Makes me wonder where this is all going to end.

Yup, you are spot on. This drama has all the elements, it never gave me the impression that I was watching a Sci-fic drama, and last episodes we are seeing a classic conflict between all powerful top-dogs and underdogs. So, I think we might be seeing more heart wrenching scenes in the end, my bet is that PJG  will be sacrificed by the writers and right I see it has the only way for reset to happen in order to stop time travel

• Like 3
9 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

lol..Exactly..But who started the poll has given a explanation so may be shouldn't hung up too much on it.

Don't worry - I'm not hung up on it. I just thought it was funny :) 

Actually, I had a really hard time with the "Ahjussi" category, though, because most of my actual favourite ahjussi actors weren't there :P But that's okay; there were still plenty who I enjoyed watching in general, even if they weren't my faves.

I can't respond to most of @kireeti2's comments yet, because this is definitely an episode that I want to actually watch before giving my own take. However, I agree with him on this point, at least:

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I think the effect these two were having has to be only physical not mental. Its not like that PJG(2010) became evil because of the presence of PJG(2020). It looks like he became evil long before arrival of PJG(2020) and I am more interested in the next episode like what will come out of the confrontation between PJG(2020) and PJG(2010).

I don't think Good!Jin Gyeom's time travel would be what pushes Evil!Jin Gyeom to the dark side - that would just be really messed up, and the guy's traumatized enough as he is without that additional burden of guilt. Instead, I'm actually starting to wonder if the influence is the other way around - that Evil!Jin Gyeom (if he does turn out to be the Teacher) has been periodically barging into Good!Jin Gyeom's life (and psyche) and just generally wreaking havoc.

Hence my reference to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde a few posts back ;) 

Friends from JW's enlistment came to see him on Ghost

This is cute: Where is the Book of Prophecy? According to mini-Tae Yi, "the props uncle took it". :lol: Smart kid ;) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I haven't watched the new episodes yet (not completely, anyway), but right now, I get the sense that everyone's curious as to just who exactly is the person in that black cloak. For blocking/filming purposes, I do think it's JW in the costume (or his stunt double), but does that mean the character is actually Jin Gyeom?

(Wild and crazy speculations ahead - but "wild and crazy" is where the fun is :))

Spoiler

That's what Tae Yi got from the DNA test, but given how this entity seems to be literally possessing Jin Gyeom whenever he turns dark (in either timeline), I think there's more going on than meets the eye.

First of all, I don't think there's a single "Teacher". Instead, I feel like we've been slowly climbing our way up a hierarchical pyramid where each person calls his/her superior(s) "Teacher" as a form of respect (the same way that gangsters in K-dramas call all their superiors "Hyungnim" regardless of actual rank in the gang). So we started off with Gi Cheol Am, then Evil!Seok Oh Won (both in Episode 11), then Evil!Park Jin Gyeom (Episode 13), to whoever the hell this person is (Episode 14). We've finally reached the top of the pyramid, and I think the actual reveal, despite being forecast in the Episode 15 preview, will happen either right at the end of that episode, or not until Episode 16 (the finale).

So is this Jin Gyeom from yet another dimension, doing whatever it takes to stay alive? I think it's telling that the Episode 15 preview implies that "our" Jin Gyeom has to go to "Alice" in person to find out. If each parallel universe has its own version of each person, and the reason that we have two Tae Yis in our main universe is because the Tae Yi from one universe (Park Sun Young) chose to stay in another one, which led to her co-existing alongside the original Tae Yi (2020) in our universe, then Jin Gyeom's the wild card, as he simultaneously belongs in both parallel universes. Given that, I doubt that the villain is a 2050-timeline Jin Gyeom, as that's the place that "our" Jin Gyeom was meant to have all along.

What do we know about the black cloaked villain? We know that he/she covers their face with that massive hood, but we haven't actually seen that face yet. We also know that this is someone who can not only travel through time freely, but who also appears capable of butting into and controlling Jin Gyeom's mind without warning - but not necessarily anyone else's.

If this were a fantasy rather than a sci-fi drama, I'd put all this up to something supernatural (a god, a demon, a ghost, etc.). But Alice claims that everything we see is scientifically possible even if, given our 2020 situation, we're not there yet: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." So, in my wild and crazy imagination, I'm starting to wonder whether we're dealing with some uber-advanced AI (that's appropriated Jin Gyeom's appearance in a more advanced deepfake) that forms the core of "Alice", as we know that everything that makes time travel possible in this drama stems from computer software (i.e. the program that 2020 Tae Yi was working on before Good!Seok Oh Won shut down the project).

The team's Episode 14 Instagram updates

[EDIT]

Since I brought up deepfakes earlier in this post, this video goes into the concept more generally (whereas the first one I linked to was referring to a specific sexual harrassment context.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
5 hours ago, kittyna said:

First of all, I don't think there's a single "Teacher". Instead, I feel like we've been slowly climbing our way up a hierarchical pyramid where each person calls his/her superior(s) "Teacher" as a form of respect (the same way that gangsters in K-dramas call all their superiors "Hyungnim" regardless of actual rank in the gang). So we started off with Gi Cheol Am, then Evil!Seok Oh Won (both in Episode 11), then Evil!Park Jin Gyeom (Episode 13), to whoever the hell this person is (Episode 14). We've finally reached the top of the pyramid, and I think the actual reveal, despite being forecast in the Episode 15 preview, will happen either right at the end of that episode, or not until Episode 16 (the finale).

That Hyung nim-Teacher analogy :lol: It seems so true for Alice.

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

What do we know about the black cloaked villain? We know that he/she covers their face with that massive hood, but we haven't actually seen that face yet. We also know that this is someone who can not only travel through time freely, but who also appears capable of butting into and controlling Jin Gyeom's mind without warning - but not necessarily anyone else's.

He is just no face for now.. I wonder if we could actually see that face in next week.

On 10/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, kittyna said:

I think it's funny that JW's almost bursting at the seams with his knowledge of all the twists and surprises that Alice has in store in these final four episodes. He's giddy about it like a little kid, and it looks like he has to literally stop himself from just spilling it all :lol:

Yeah..I found it cute too.. JW is so animated when things like this happens.. he is all expressive.

When Joo Won said "There's more scary things" oh he actually means it.. In Ep 14 he just changes from Jin Gyeom to Dark Jin Gyeom just like that.. It's so hard to keep track! His fine detailed acting ....:dizzy:

Due to technical difficulty one show of Ghost stopped in mid performance. Joo Won apologized on behalf of everyone. He also the audience will be compenseted(probably they will give the ticket fee back). He kept apologizing ..

Feeling sad for both the viewers and performers.. viewers must have been really sad. :cry:

• Like 4
6 hours ago, kittyna said:

So, in my wild and crazy imagination, I'm starting to wonder whether we're dealing with some uber-advanced AI

It almost sounds like a "Terminator" movie theme. I do feel like Alice is going in that direction, like we have a badass mom who wants to protect her son and a son who can be turned into a evil person by some unknown person. I can totally draw parallels from recent "Terminator" movie where the main guy who was supposed to be leading the resistance have turned evil.

54 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Due to technical difficulty one show of Ghost stopped in mid performance. Joo Won apologized on behalf of everyone. He also the audience will be compenseted(probably they will give the ticket fee back). He kept apologizing ..

That really sad,like, both for the audience and for the artist. I thought the stage management always double checks everything before the performance, I guess nothing is fool-proof when it comes to technology.

So is this Jin Gyeom from yet another dimension, doing whatever it takes to stay alive? I think it's telling that the Episode 15 preview implies that "our" Jin Gyeom has to go to "Alice" in person to find out.

I am  anticipating few  main and side characters are going to  die in episode 15 and there will be some kind of showdown between the main antagonist and PJG and in episode 16 we met get to see the explanations and tying up the loose ends.

That's what Tae Yi got from the DNA test, but given how this entity seems to be literally possessing Jin Gyeom whenever he turns dark (in either timeline), I think there's more going on than meets the eye

I think that guy dressed up as a grim reaper is the white haired person from the episode 1 when PSY was killed. I also think that it is PJG from another dimension who is able to take control of time by killing his mom and now trying to the same thing with every PJG from every dimension

• Like 2
3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

That really sad,like, both for the audience and for the artist. I thought the stage management always double checks everything before the performance, I guess nothing is fool-proof when it comes to technology.

That's the thing about live performance: even with the best of preparations, you never know what's going to happen. ;) 

I also think that it is PJG from another dimension who is able to take control of time by killing his mom and now trying to the same thing with every PJG from every dimension

I do think it's interesting that some version of Park Jin Gyeom is fated to kill some version of Yoon Tae Yi regardless of which dimension we're in. I think I'll need to watch Episode 14 with full subs (rather than the auto-subs from SBS's YouTube) to know entirely, but there seems to be a catch in the prophecy that I want to unpack further. ;) 

• Like 2

And here I am with my thoughts on Episode 13 of Alice:

Spoiler

Okay, I know already that this is wishful thinking on my part, but dang - someone give Park Jin Gyeom a break already! I honestly have no idea how much more of this he could take before he well and truly snaps, evil black cloaked person or not.

I don't blame him for his denial of the prophecy, though. As what I now assume to be the "original" Jin Gyeom, he's the one who grew up completely unaware of parallel universes, time travel, or any of their longterm implications. That means that the whole idea that there's not only other versions of himself running around in parallel universes, but that they could also be his complete opposite in terms of character, morals/ethics, personality, etc. is a completely foreign concept.

That does appear to be what we're dealing with, though, as the version of Park Sun Young we see in this universe is genuinely frightened of her son in a way that the first Sun Young (i.e. "our" Jin Gyeom's mother) wasn't. "Our" Sun Young certainly realized that Jin Gyeom was capable of causing harm to others from a very early age; but, as we've already discussed here on this forum, she seems to be living in a universe where her interventions and her determination to raise him properly actually succeed - such that the Jin Gyeom who could have thrown his classmate off the roof (as Evil!Jin Gyeom did here) wound up trying (albeit failing) to catch her instead. And in one of the rare heartwarming moments in this episode, it was great seeing this Park Sun Young realize that one of her counterparts succeeded somewhere along the line.

Unfortunately for Jin Gyeom, though, that does mean that he's more or less completely unaware of what he could or would have been capable of if circumstances had just been ever-so-slightly different. The upright police detective we know and love only got there just by a hair, and the prophecy implies that he might be the only version who's made it this far on the side of good.

(Not that that helps a whole ton, as we discover in Episode 14 - but my focus here is on Jin Gyeom's journey here.)

For me, the most telling difference between the two Jin Gyeoms is their reactions to the voices in their heads. 2020-Tae Yi assumes that Evil!Jin Gyeom only started having those symptoms now, after she time traveled with "our" Jin Gyeom, but from what we see of the instances in which it happens...yeah, this has been going on for a long time. Evil!Jin Gyeom is completely used to the voices and almost seems to welcome them when, I assume, various kill orders come to him via those voices - the small knowing smile and murmured "Arasseo" whenever it happens say it all.

Contrast that with "our" Jin Gyeom when he first encounters this phenomenon in the lab - oh. My. God.  He's terrified (obviously, as he has no idea what's happening), but he's also horrified in a, "What have I just turned into???" kind of way. Kudos to JW for being able to show both sides of fear in a single scene, though. My first look at Evil!Jin Gyeom in Episode 12 was creepy, but this was terrifying to watch because of the pain and sorrow you feel for "our" Jin Gyeom in that moment.

(Long story short: Awesome job, Oppa, but I did not sign up for that sort of nightmare fuel. :criesariver:)

I know my comments have been almost entirely about Jin Gyeom so far, but I do want to say something about 2020-Tae Yi as well. First of all: I love me a smart female lead, and we definitely see Tae Yi using those smarts in spades in this episode. :) Of course, she's taking the realization of just what the prophecy entails better than Jin Gyeom (because, let's face it: anyone would take that better than Jin Gyeom), but if my hunch is correct, the big shock for her will be what else is written on that page that she's just found. Whatever the method to stop time travel is, it must be really bad for Park Sun Young to literally choose being killed by her own son instead.

• Like 2

By the way, after sleeping on what I watched last night, I just realized something.

Episode 13 explains what happened in the parallel universe that Jin Gyeom and Tae Yi found themselves in (i.e. that Sun Young is killed by her son - whether of his volition or not), but Jin Gyeom's got a point when he says that that doesn't explain what happened in his own universe. Like, unless yet another Jin Gyeom time-traveled to his house that night and killed his mother while he wasn't there, there's no way that the prophecy could have played out as written. So I still think there's a catch in the prophecy somewhere; hopefully, it's one that allows Jin Gyeom to exonerate himself.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, kittyna said:

but Jin Gyeom's got a point when he says that that doesn't explain what happened in his own universe. Like, unless yet another Jin Gyeom time-traveled to his house that night and killed his mother while he wasn't there, there's no way that the prophecy could have played out as written. So I still think there's a catch in the prophecy somewhere; hopefully, it's one that allows Jin Gyeom to exonerate himself.

I think this should have happened according to my understanding, like, we can clearly see that the persent version of PJG is not an evil person and PSY's interventions had helped in making him a better person. But, she was still skeptical until she was able to confirm it through the school suicide/murder of the girl. So, like PSY was delighted to know that PJG did not kill her unlike in other dimension, some how PJG was killed the girl and was able to convince others that he was innocent of any wrong doings. And also, I think the prophecy will be fulfilled no matter the nature of the PJG, whether he turns out good or bad, PSY will receive the punishment for giving birth to PJG. So, like you speculated, PJG from different version would have killed her in order to take control over the time, but like PJG raised the issue of murder weapon, like, in the good PJG version his mother was killed with a futuristic weapon, and Shi Young named the  Director of the Alice before dying. So, my take is that the good PJG was not able to take control over the time because of his good nature and also, the PSY version in good PJG dimension was on  track to stop the time travel, so the director had to do the deed in order to keep the time travel a reality. And also, he addressed Seok Oh Won as "Teacher", so, I think the good Seok Oh Won and evil Seok Oh Won are in similar situation as good PJG and evil PJG.

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

Long story short: Awesome job, Oppa, but I did not sign up for that sort of nightmare fuel.

But, I am enjoying his evil side thoroughly, like, it has raised the suspense level of the drama because of the evil version. The good PJG was like not able to show any variation in his acting and his only job was like to protect TY(2020) and catch his mother's killer and it made the character pretty uni-dimension, but evil version has clearly increased the quality of the drama and anticipations. So, I am with team evil PJG, I wouldn't mind if he wins in the end and takes control over the time :evilelmo:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

But, I am enjoying his evil side thoroughly, like, it has raised the suspense level of the drama because of the evil version. The good PJG was like not able to show any variation in his acting and his only job was like to protect TY(2020) and catch his mother's killer and it made the character pretty uni-dimension, but evil version has clearly increased the quality of the drama and anticipations. So, I am with team evil PJG, I wouldn't mind his he wins in the end and takes control of the time

Oh, Evil!Jin Gyeom wasn't the nightmare fuel for me in Episode 13 - that lab transformation scene was. ;) It's like, up until that moment, I could kind of separate Good and Evil Jin Gyeom in my head, but that moment when you realize that, by traveling to this parallel universe, Good!Jin Gyeom has just inadvertently made himself vulnerable to whatever's been slowly poisoning Evil!Jin Gyeom's mind over the years...that was terrifying for me. He was literally just saying that he would never - could never - kill his mother, and then wham! 

Which probably means that Episode 14 will be just painful for me to watch. I accept the existence of both good and evil within a person, of course, but I find the idea that some external force could literally just hijack a good person and make them do evil completely against their will to be absolutely terrifying. :confounded:

Spoiler

Maybe, in future broadcasts, Alice should include a trigger warning for people with OCD, because that's literally what those intrusive thoughts are: an intense, irrational fear that the patient would do something to harm themselves or their loved ones. Not that I have OCD, but I did want to look into it so I don't misuse the term.

I think this should have happened according to my understanding, like, we can clearly see that the persent version of PJG is not an evil person and PSY's interventions had helped in making him a better person. But, she was still skeptical until she was able to confirm it through the school suicide/murder of the girl. So, like PSY was delighted to know that PJG did not kill her unlike in other dimension, some how PJG was killed the girl and was able to convince others that he was innocent of any wrong doings.

Yeah - Lord knows how Evil!Jin Gyeom was able to pull off convincing the police that it was a suicide, but we see that even for the Good!Jin Gyeom, Park Sun Young did get that mental image of her son throwing the girl off before she forces it out of her mind. In hindsight, this also explains why she was so worried about what she saw with mini-Jin Gyeom and the dragonfly, yet still decided to handle his alexithymia on her own without the doctor's help (because she knows what this is about and that it's not so much a medical issue as it is a moral one).

So, my take is that the good PJG was not able to take control over the time because of his good nature and also, the PSY version in good PJG dimension was on  track to stop the time travel, so the director had to do the deed in order to keep the time travel a reality. And also, he addressed Seok Oh Won as "Teacher", so, I think the good Seok Oh Won and evil Seok Oh Won are in similar situation as good PJG and evil PJG.

If Evil!Jin Gyeom addressed Evil!Seok Oh Won as "Teacher", I haven't seen it yet - in Episode 13, it was the other way around.

This also makes me think back to Episode 4, where events played out exactly the same way as they did in Episode 1 despite 2020-Jin Gyeom being there. My guess is that because his ability to control time was just beginning to emerge, he simply went back into his own past in his own universe that first time - which is why he didn't see anything unusual in his own or his mother's behaviour, but also why he was completely powerless to intervene. There, he runs into Good!Seok Oh Won (who he mistakes for Evil!Seok Oh Won for various reasons), and then Good Oh Won is like, "No, you idiot - you have to go back and try to save her now rather than chasing after me!"

However, this time around, it's definitely Evil!Seok Oh Won he runs into - he deliberately runs off and prompts Jin Gyeom to chase him, thus giving Evil!Jin Gyeom the time needed to kill Sun Young in this timeline. And then, like the mustache-twirling villain that he is (because come on: if he had a mustache, he'd totally be twirling it), he gives a completely different response in his confrontation with Jin Gyeom than what we see in Episode 4. My guess here is that in this timeline, Evil!Seok Oh Won (or Evil!Jin Gyeom) killed Good!Seok Oh Won back in 2010, which messed everything up afterwards.

New poster design for Alice

New image from JW's recent photo shoot

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I haven't gotten around to watching Episode 14 yet (had a really hectic day yesterday), but I still wanted to put out my planned mid-week interactive on schedule. And, in the spirit of all things fantasy/sci-fi, I'm drawing inspiration from one of the most popular fantasy franchises out there: Harry Potter.

Now, I personally never got into the Harry Potter series when I was growing up, but it was big enough that I picked up bits and pieces of how that whole fictional universe works - particularly the house system. For those who are new to this, students who are newly admitted to Hogwarts (the wizard academy where the books take place) go through an induction ceremony of sorts: they take turns putting on a magical hat (the Sorting Hat), which then places them in one of four houses, which serve both as their dorms and their smaller community within the school. The four houses are also compete throughout the school year, with students trying to accumulate points for good grades, behaviour, etc. and the house earning the most points overall receiving a trophy at year's end.

The thing about these houses, though, is that students are sorted into them by their personalities and values, making this whole process something of a personality test that's easily transferred to other fandoms. And that brings us to Sorting Hat: JW Drama Characters Edition

(And, this time, I'm throwing in the boys and girls all at once.)

Spoiler

Sorting Hat: JW Drama Characters Edition

It's quite simple, really. Hogwarts has four houses, and the goal here is for you to say which male and female lead characters from JW's dramas you think would belong in each one. The hyperlink takes you to a more detailed site, but here's also a quick summary of each house and what personality traits/core values it represents.

Gryffindor - courage/bravery, perseverance, and chivalry (students tend to be bold and present conventionally heroic traits, but they can also be reckless, stubborn, and unwilling to follow the rules)

Hufflepuff - hard work, fairness, kindness, honesty (students tend to be modest, morally upright and unassuming; they are also less competitive than those in the other houses and thus tend to fade into the background)

Ravenclaw - intelligence, curiosity, creativity (students tend to be highly intelligent and love to pursue knowledge for its own sake; they are logical and rational, but can be eccentric or oblivious to social cues)

Slytherin - ambition, resourcefulness, leadership (students also tend to be intelligent, but - unlike Ravenclaw - more in the way of street/social smarts than book smarts; because of a highly ambitious streak, Slytherin students are vulnerable to going dark, but if they stay good, they can be unwaveringly loyal to those they love)

All you have to do for this game is just list which lead characters from JW's dramas (guys AND girls) you'd put into each house. There are no right or wrong answers, as most people could feasibly fit into two or more (e.g. depending on which traits I focus on, I could see myself in either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw). Also, there is a slight difference between grouping by personality versus grouping by values/ethics (e.g. someone could want courage but be easily frightened, in which case the Hat might sort them into Gryffindor to help develop the skills they lack), and I'll leave that choice up to you :) 

So this will include all the main male/female leads from JW's dramas, as we've usually done them up until now. In the case of Alice, you can even do multiple versions of each character (e.g. comparing Good and Evil Jin Gyeom, comparing 2020 Tae Yi and 2050 Tae Yi, etc.) as long as you specify who you're talking about.

Have fun - and I hope to come back with my Episode 14 analysis soon!

• Like 2

And here I am with my take on Episode 14 of Alice:

Spoiler

So, no real surprise for me re: the ending (since it was already leaked, talked about, etc. all over the place), but I do have to point out that Park Jin Gyeom...really made a mistake here. He noticed signs that he was "turning" in the car, and while it's possible that he thought it had passed after the rash disappeared, I think he should have kept his guard up and not agreed to meet Yoon Tae Yi, like, anywhere.

Granted, he was skeptical about the prophecy (for obvious reasons), but I hope he's no longer skeptical now - and despite knowing that he and Tae Yi do manage to get out of this situation intact, I'm definitely drawing blanks as to how that happens. I guess we'll find out come Episode 15, but I hope it's Min Hyuk. Please let it be Min Hyuk ;) 

lol - Can you tell I loved all his "Dad" moments in this episode? Whether it's showing up with medicine for Jin Gyeom or stepping in to defend him against Oh Si Young, we're finally seeing some more progress. And as much as I loved the voice message scene, I also loved that Min Hyuk was already doing all these things before Sun Young asked.

I think that some of the underutilized supporting characters really got their chance to shine in this episode, especially Do Yeon. Kudos to the writers for finally letting her get involved in the investigation, even if she's really skeptical about what Tae Yi's saying about the prophecy right now. Not that I blame her: if she hadn't seen for herself what happens when Jin Gyeom turns dark, she wouldn't have any reason to think that Jin Gyeom could possibly harm anybody he cares about. Given that, it's also telling that Jin Gyeom's avoiding her now, because it shows that he does care about her and fears inadvertently hurting her.

And speaking of inadvertently hurting people...okay, writers: how the hell is this fair? The prophecy, I mean. I knew that Tae Yi saw something on that last page that really shook her up, and it's that the only way to stop time travel and end this cycle is for her (or Park Sun Young) to kill Jin Gyeom??? And that even if this Jin Gyeom ends up good (the way Sun Young describes him to Min Hyuk on the recording was just an "Aw..." moment), the Teacher can just hack into his brain and make him kill his friends and family without him even realizing it??? 

Sorry about the rant, guys, but you have to admit that that is freaking messed up. So either Park Sun Young can kill her son to save herself (and possibly many others), or she can save her son and thus doom him to grow up into a murderer. For a mother to have to make a choice between two evils like that...oof. When I look at it that way, I can see just why Sun Young's so relieved that this version of Jin Gyeom turned out good despite all the odds, but now, finally, that warning to him in Episode 1 makes sense: he didn't kill his mother (Oh Si Young has now confirmed that that culprit was Gi Cheol Am), but the fact that he didn't meant that the prophecy could manifest itself by having him kill another version of Tae Yi...which is what it's trying to do now.

So, I understand the Teacher and his underlings' end game re: Tae Yi, but not so much re: Jin Gyeom. I can only assume that they don't know that his death is what would break the cycle and end time travel, or else the various attempts on his life don't make all that much sense.

And I also have no idea where Jin Gyeom's going to end up: even if he manages to win this somehow without killing Tae Yi, he's going to remember that he almost did...and I have a hard time imagining that he could ever fully by himself again. You've well and truly crushed him, show, so you better start putting him back together.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, kittyna said:

Gryffindor - courage/bravery, perseverance, and chivalry (students tend to be bold and present conventionally heroic traits, but they can also be reckless, stubborn, and unwilling to follow the rules)

Kim Tae Hyun

Good Park Jin Gyeom

Princess Hyemyung

Kim Seo Won

Mok Dan

Kim Do Yeon

Hufflepuff - hard work, fairness, kindness, honesty (students tend to be modest, morally upright and unassuming; they are also less competitive than those in the other houses and thus tend to fade into the background)

Park Si-On

Hwang Tae Hee

Park Sun Young

Han Gil Ro

Ravenclaw - intelligence, curiosity, creativity (students tend to be highly intelligent and love to pursue knowledge for its own sake; they are logical and rational, but can be eccentric or oblivious to social cues)

Cha Yoo Jin

Nae-il

Yoon Tae-Yi(2020)

Slytherin - ambition, resourcefulness, leadership (students also tend to be intelligent, but - unlike Ravenclaw - more in the way of street/social smarts than book smarts; because of a highly ambitious streak, Slytherin students are vulnerable to going dark, but if they stay good, they can be unwaveringly loyal to those they love)

Lee Kang To

Ku Ma Jun

Evil Park Jin Gyeom

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

You've well and truly crushed him, show, so you better start putting him back together.

I don't see that happening in the. I guess writers have different plans for ending, one which might include Either PJG sacrifice himself to stop time travel or travel in different time period in a loop to stop the evil PJG gaining control over time. So, it might not end well for PJG

• Like 3

(Just put this Ghost news in Google translator and sharing the result here. :P Joo Won looks so ghostly just like Harry Potter movie!)

Stage equipment failure during'Ghost' performance
'Ghost' production company and lead actor Joo-won directly apologize

'Ghost' side "I'm checking it every day...but I will compensate"

01.24125647.1.jpg

The musical'Ghost' was discontinued due to a malfunction of the stage equipment.

On the 18th, the performance of'Ghost' was stopped after it was confirmed that the cable device moving the stage wall was broken 40 minutes after the performance began. Accordingly, an official from the production company Shinshi Company and Joo-won, the lead actor of'Ghost', stepped on the stage and apologized directly to the audience.

The'Ghost' side said, "We will provide a 110% refund for paid audiences, provide invitation tickets for invited audiences, and reward 20,000 won for car expenses to all audiences who came to the scene." I will give it to you."
Related Articles
'Ras' Ivy, "extremely high tension" in past bizarre photos
Joo-won "Frequent expression of affection..."
"I get to know the emotions of the main character'Sam' deeply...I will convey the emotion of the original'Love and Soul'"
In addition, "'Ghost' is a complex stage mechanism, and it is a basic principle to inspect 3-4 hours every day before the performance." I apologize, and I am very sorry.”

The performance in question took place at 2 pm on this day. After the scene of the subway scene, Sam Witt (Juwon) followed the robber, and the performance suddenly stopped. After that, there was an announcement saying, "An unknown error has occurred in the stage device," and "Please wait a minute."

It is known that the broadcast will resume 10 minutes after the announcement, but the'Ghost' performance on that day was eventually stopped. In the end, the production company official and Joo-won directly conveyed the intention of apologizing. Joo-won said, "The set was complicated, but the line broke and it stopped." He said, "The actors are also so sorry that they are all restless now. I'm really sorry."

However, after the maintenance was completed, the performance proceeded normally at 6:30 on this evening.
01.24125646.1.jpg

Meanwhile, 'Ghost' is a work based on the movie'Love and Soul'. The desperate love of the two men and women that transcended the zoom sound was embodied in the state-of-the-art stage using magic and video and was loved. It premiered in Korea in 2013, and the lead role has been selected as the lead role this time following the premiere.

news link: https://www.hankyung.com/life/article/202010192915H

We have new making video from Alice.

They're teasing us with hooded guy making scene.. Does his neck look like MH's?

Also finally I have my desired Father-son making video.. I wish there are more of their other scenes. But at least we got this.

And I love how JW is asking Director about when he's good Jin Gyeom and when he's bad.. ha ha.. It's not just us for whom it's difficult to keep track.. :lol:

• Like 3
5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I don't see that happening in the. I guess writers have different plans for ending, one which might include Either PJG sacrifice himself to stop time travel or travel in different time period in a loop to stop the evil PJG gaining control over time. So, it might not end well for PJG

I'm actually well-prepared for Jin Gyeom sacrificing himself to end this cycle - if that is where the prophecy ends up going (that's what it says literally, but Tae Yi and Do Yeon seem determined to find out if there's a more figurative meaning in there). What I don't want to see is Evil!Jin Gyeom winning in the end, as it sounds like "our" Jin Gyeom is the only good one.

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

And I definitely hope it's not Min Hyuk in there. :confounded:

Like, unless he also has an evil doppelganger running around somewhere, that would just completely contradict everything we've seen from him so far. Granted, it is theoretically possible, but if so, it would feel like the writers are using this "evil doppelganger" like some sort of dark deus ex machina to retroactively explain out of character moments.

Up to this point, I still think that it's either JW or JW's body double (because we know he has one) in the costume, due to things like height, build, etc. But again, that doesn't mean the Teacher actually is Jin Gyeom - the director could just be filming that way to create the illusion that it's him.

And I love how JW is asking Director about when he's good Jin Gyeom and when he's bad.. ha ha.. It's not just us for whom it's difficult to keep track.. :lol:

Actually, the whole making of the Episode 14 ending was funny, and the video editors definitely had way too much fun adding sound effects (Psycho theme, anybody?) and editing the footage (so you see Kim Hee Sun backing away on the chair/lift/whatever-you-call-it immediately afterwards). Kudos to JW for the quick switches between Good and Evil Jin Gyeom (Kim Hee Sun looks genuinely startled by the change). And I laughed when JW was all, "Wait - what the hell am I doing?" when KHS prompted him on where/how to grab her.

More behind-the-scenes stills

• Like 2

Well if we compare the height of the guy in the black hoodie, did does match with MH's height, since no other male lead character is taller than Joo won. So, chances are there that it can be MH. :sweatingbullets:

44 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Like, unless he also has an evil doppelganger running around somewhere, that would just completely contradict everything we've seen from him so far. Granted, it is theoretically possible, but if so, it would feel like the writers are using this "evil doppelganger" like some sort of dark deus ex machina to retroactively explain out of character moments.

Well, writers are heavily depended on the evil doppelganger concept, so, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same concept to explain evil MH, if there is one.

• Like 4

@kireeti2 - I didn't get to commenting on this earlier, but I liked your responses to the Sorting Hat challenge :) Some are the same as what I thought, but I'm curious about your takes on Hwang Tae Hui and Park Sun Young, if you don't mind sharing. Not because I disagree (as you'll see below), but just out of curiosity :) 

As for my own take...here goes! By the way, I'm just listing the characters in chronological order by drama - no need to read more into it than that ;) And I also threw in a few characters other than our usual leads.

Gryffindor - courage/bravery, perseverance, and chivalry (students tend to be bold and present conventionally heroic traits, but they can also be reckless, stubborn, and unwilling to follow the rules)

Hwang Tae Hui (it's either this or Hufflepuff, so I'm focusing on his gung ho attitude towards his police detective work)

Oh Mok Dan

Cha Yoon Seo

Kim Tae Hyun

Hye Myung

Park Jin Gyeom (the good one)

Kim Do Yeon

Hufflepuff - hard work, fairness, kindness, honesty (students tend to be modest, morally upright and unassuming; they are also less competitive than those in the other houses and thus tend to fade into the background)

Kim Tak Gu

Baek Ja Eun

Han Gil Ro (he could also be Gryffindor for his boldness, but this matches his innocent worldview more)

Kim Seo Won (her "perfect spy" traits might put her elsewhere, but I think this comes closest to her overall personality)

Park Si On

Seol Nae Il (she could also be Ravenclaw for her creativity and eccentricity, but my focus here is on her values)

Yoon Tae Yi (2050)/Park Sun Young

Ravenclaw - intelligence, curiosity, creativity (students tend to be highly intelligent and love to pursue knowledge for its own sake; they are logical and rational, but can be eccentric or oblivious to social cues)

Cha Yoo Jin

Gyun Woo

Yoon Tae Yi (2020)

Slytherin - ambition, resourcefulness, leadership (students also tend to be intelligent, but - unlike Ravenclaw - more in the way of street/social smarts than book smarts; because of a highly ambitious streak, Slytherin students are vulnerable to going dark, but if they stay good, they can be unwaveringly loyal to those they love)

Gu Ma Jun

Shin Yu Kyung (hm - match made in heaven, maybe? ;))

Lee Kang To

Han Yeo Jin (actually, she's pretty much this personified :P)

Characters I'm not sure about, but would love to discuss further with you guys:

Kimura Shunji (Gaksital)

Lee Yoon Hoo (Nae Il's Cantabile)

Lee Chae Young (Yong Pal)

Yoo Min Hyuk (Alice)

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Hwang Tae Hui and Park Sun Young

I find these two characters passive in nature, just like the Hufflepuff  house. Since, two are hard working , fair and upright ,and always stay behind the background. And also these two are not competitive with others just like you mentioned about the characteristics of the house

Btw, I forgot to assign a house to Cha Yoon Seo,  I agree with your selection :approves:

• Like 2
  • Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]