Quantcast

Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Joo Won Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite Joo Won dramas / movies? (choose up to 3)

• Alice
    • My Sassy Girl
    • Yong-Pal
    • Naeil's Cantabile
    • Good Doctor
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant
    • Bridal Mask
    • Ojakgyo Family
    • Bread, Love and Dreams
    • Fatal Intuition
    • Xia You Qiao Mu
    • Fashion King
    • Steal My Heart
    • Don't Click
    • SIU
  2. 2. Which genre do you think Joo Won shines in (or would shine in)? (choose up to 3)

• Rom-com
    • Action/crime/thriller
    • Psychological thriller
    • Melodrama
    • Romance
    • Historical / sageuk
    • Sci-fi
    • Slice of life
    • Legal drama
    • Medical drama
    • Horror
    • Comedy
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Do you prefer Joo Won with abs or without abs?

• With abs! Alice was great!
    • Doesn't matter. Joo Won looks great both in a shirt and without one!
    • I only care for Joo Won's acting. I couldn't care less about him having abs.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/17/2021 at 10:00 AM

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

Okay, I'm cheating a bit with this tie

Yes!! you are cheating,:tounge_xd: you never said or mentioned about having more than one option

And, wow - your responses to the game are so different from mine! But that's what makes this particular version fun; imaginations can go wild ;) 

I too agree, having different opinions does enrich ideas and imaginations of both the parties. You are options does made me realize that they are some many possible ways of pairing. Reasons were also thought provoking and fun to read:blush:

Gyun Woo and Cha Yoo Jin

Wow, my roommates option is your best friends options, LOL:tongue:

I think aegyo is a part of core personality, once it's tempered enough to be actually age-appropriate. JW's always going to have a gentle and caring heart and an affectionate attitude towards his friends; add to that his desire to stay somewhat pure and innocent regardless of age, and I think the aegyo is here to stay. It'll just evolve :) 

Yeah, you are right, but I think he this aegyo thing is only for his peers and seniors. I think joo won would be reluctant to show his aegyo side to his juniors, he will be kind of strict cum nurturing towards them :smile:

• Like 2
  • Replies 57.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

22 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah, you are right, but I think he this aegyo thing is only for his peers and seniors. I think joo won would be reluctant to show his aegyo side to his juniors, he will be kind of strict cum nurturing towards them :smile:

Well, I should certainly hope so - I do find the age-based hierarchy in Korean culture does force people to grow up and become more mature over time. :) Which is why I'm looking forward to seeing the new-and-improved JW, starting with Alice onward ;) 

And I know this post is coming out later than usual...because I've been writing again. So here is Preview #1 of the next installment for Seolleim in Salzburg:

Spoiler

Click.

The printer on my desk suddenly whirs to life, spitting out a single sheet of paper. Stifling a yawn, I grab it absentmindedly from the tray, not even realizing that it isn’t mine until I start reading it.

“Ya, Seollebal,” I call out, my eyes widening in surprise. “Is this yours?”

Still seated at her desk, Nae Il swivels around to face me. “Eh?”

I hold the up the printout so she could see it. Eyes lighting up in recognition, she nods, then crosses over to take it from me.

My brow furrows as she returns to her desk. “What are you looking at apartments for?”

Nae Il blinks at me, incredulous. “It’s not for me, Orabang – it’s for the others.”

“Mwo?”

She throws herself back in her seat, shooting a deadpan look in my direction. “Don’t you remember, Orabang? That’s the AirBnB our friends booked for their visit; I’m just printing it out for reference.”

“Ah.” Throwing down my pencil, I reach up to massage my aching temples with both hands. “Mianhae, Nae Il-ah – with all that’s been going on, that must have slipped my mind.”

She responds with a sympathetic pout. “You haven’t been getting much sleep lately, haven’t you.”

I wince. “Mm.”

Over the past few weeks, it seems like everything has been piling on all at once. In addition to working with Elise to figure out the logistics for the summer tour and our recently signed contracts, there are the actual school assignments I have coming due: the usual final tests and papers; a detailed report based on my practicum this past year with the opera department; and a composition that – despite Nae Il’s assurances to the contrary – is coming out far too insipid and uninspired for my liking, I possessing almost none of her creative capabilities. Add to that the time spent practicing for my upcoming piano performances – my own solo recital as well as the Paderewski concerto for the tour – and it’s no wonder that my schedule is already close to packed.

But then, as though that wasn’t already enough, I received yet another assignment from Professor Stresemann: to take the fully annotated scores I’d already sent him for our upcoming tour and rewrite my comments on the individual parts. My protests were met with a stern admonishment that my duty as a guest conductor was to make things as easy for the orchestra members as humanly possible, so I’ve spent the last several nights scrambling to complete the tedious and thankless task.

The only consolation thus far is that I am not alone: Lee Yoon Hoo has been given the same task for his scores. Although he does not need to pull all-nighters to fit it in like I do, he does have the additional challenge of translating his notes, originally written in English, into German. More than once, I’ve received text messages from him asking for help; and, knowing the tight deadline we’ve been given by the Professor, I’ve had little choice but to oblige.

Smiling fondly at me, Nae Il disappears into the kitchen with her printout, returning several minutes later with a freshly brewed cup of coffee. “Here you go, Orabang,” she says, setting it down on my desk. “It’s a double – just the way you like it.”

I accept it with a word of thanks, taking as large a swallow of the steaming brew as I could manage. Nae Il, still smiling, pulls her chair closer to sit beside me and gestures at the pile of sheet music on the desk. “How much more do you still have left?”

“I’m almost done, thank goodness; just have to finish this bit, then I can scan the whole thing and email it to the Professor.” Pointing to the relevant parts, I add, “I thought about whether to do the strings first or save them for last – but now I’m glad I saved them because that means I only have the easiest part left.”

She tilts her head slightly. “You mean the violins?”

Smothering yet another yawn with one hand, I nod. Seemingly satisfied with my response, Nae Il’s smile widens. “Well, if you can, Orabang, try to take the rest of today off, at least.” She cuts off my protests with a single raised hand. “Of course, if you still want to practice, I’m not stopping you; I get that that part’s not actually work for you. But everything else can wait just one day.”

She meets my stare with an equally challenging one of her own until, after a long moment, I concede with a sigh. “Arasseo. Just let me finish the violin part, and then you’ll have me for the rest of the day."

Nae Il beams, answering me with a vigorous nod. As I copy out my notes from the full score onto the first violin part, I change the subject back to the printout from before. “So does this mean everyone is accounted for?”

“Ne, Orabang.” From the corner of my eye, I can just manage to make out her hand as she counts on her fingers. “Each of us had ten free tickets for our concerts to give out, so that includes us, Eomeonim, my parents….”

“Abeoji.”

“Ne – by the way, Orabang; I’ve already checked to make sure that he and Eomeonim took out rooms in different hotels, so no need to worry about that.” When I nod gratefully in response, she resumes her count. “There’s Milch – of course – Yoon Hoo-sunbae….”

“Chae Do Kyung.”

She shoots me a look. “Only because you asked me to, Orabang.”

“Ara,” I retort, completely unfazed as I wave one hand at her. “Go on.”

“And now, with this place, there’s also Rak-kun and Si Won-eonnie.”

“I see. Does that make ten?”

Nae Il nods, frowning just a bit. “I’d so hoped that Mini Min Hee would be able to come, too. It’s crazy how ten free tickets could feel like so much at first, but then run out so fast.” Her gaze hardens. “If you hadn’t asked me to invite Chae Do Kyung, Orabang, then–”

I raise my hand to stop her. “We’ve been over this, Seollebal: Choi Min Hee already said she couldn’t come because of her own exams. Would I ask you to offer your last ticket to Do Kyung if that hadn’t been the case?”

“I know.” Eyes round as saucers, she pouts at me. “But still.”

“Besides,” I add, one corner of my twitching up in a wry smirk, “considering what I’ve had to agree to in exchange, Seollebal, I daresay you got the better end of the deal.”

She makes a face. “That doesn’t count, Orabang.”

“Why not?”

“Because asking me to invite your ex-girlfriend to my grad recital is hardly the same thing as letting our touring partner stay with us rather than in a hotel.”

“Arasseo,” I retort, “but for a whole month?”

Nae Il shrugs. “So?”

“So why not with the Professor? Why does it have to be us?” When she merely presses her lips together to suppress a laugh, I move to explain. “You know how on-edge I feel when we have guests over – and this isn’t just any guest, but Lee Yoon Hoo.”

“Milch said it’d be a good chance for you two to learn to get along better, and Elise said it would save us money if we could share accommodations throughout this whole tour.”

“Ara – but at this rate, we’re not going to have a single day just to ourselves until August, when we get to Leipzig. Doesn’t that bother you?”

She raises an eyebrow. “Wae? Does it bother you?”

“A-ani.” I shake my head, forcing the thought of the ring I’d ordered for her to the back of my mind. “It’s just that you’re usually the one who hates it when there’s a third wheel in the house.”

Nae Il looks unconvinced at my lie, but if she suspects the actual truth, she doesn’t comment on it. “Well, as long as you two can get through this summer without throttling each other,” she quips back, starting to get up from my desk, “I think I can manage.”

“Arasseo.” As she turns to leave, however, I call out to stop her. “One more thing, Seollebal.”

She glances back over her shoulder. “Eh?”

“Having Lee Yoon Hoo stay here is one thing,” I say firmly, “but letting him have my room is another.”

Nae Il turns all the way back around. “Orabang….”

“I mean it, Seollebal. If I’m going to do this, I need at least some space to myself.” Before she could interrupt, I add, “And don’t even think about offering him yours, either.”

“I wasn’t going to,” she quips back smartly. “But I will ask you to reconsider about your room, Orabang.”

I stare at her, incredulous. “Mwo?”

“You’ve been fine offering it to Milch whenever he comes by, so it’s only fair.”

I shake my head. “Shiro.”

“Are you saying that just because you’re still a sleep-deprived grumpy cat right now? Or is there something else?”

I open my mouth to answer, but think better of it at the last minute. There isn’t anything I could say that wouldn’t end with me looking childishly petty in the process. So instead, I simply resume my work in silence, hoping that she would take the hint.

However, rather than being deterred, Nae Il simply flounces back to her earlier spot by my desk. “Alright, then – how about we do it like this?” To my astonishment, she holds out an open hand. “Rock, Paper, Scissors.”

My brow furrows as I stare down at her hand. “Mwo?”

“If you win this, Orabang, then Yoon Hoo-sunbae gets the couch; but if I win, then you sleep there while he gets the room.” She raises an eyebrow when I hesitate. “Come on, Orabang,” she sing-songs at me, “you can’t say this isn’t fair.”

Actually, if it comes down to fairness, flipping a coin would be easier. But Nae Il looks so earnestly at me now, clearly already eagerly anticipating the results of this game, that I turn to face her with a nod. “Arasseo, if that’s how you want to do it.” I, too, hold out my hand. “Best out of five?”

She nods. “Deal.”

I don’t know about her, but I’ve never gone into Rock, Paper, Scissors with any sort of strategy, simply letting the game play out by itself according to chance. So it’s no surprise, then, that Nae Il wins the first two rounds in a row.

“Just give it up, Orabang,” she says, eyes glinting with mischief. “You know how this is going to end up.”

I dismiss her teasing with an exaggerated shrug. “It’s not over until it is.”

Sure enough, the next two rounds go in my favour, leaving the final one – the tiebreaker – to settle the dispute once and for all.

Nae Il chuckles. “Are you ready for this, Orabang?”

I find myself laughing back. “Are you?”

“Remember: whatever the result is, you’ve promised to accept it.”

We seal the agreement with a nod, and I gesture for Nae Il to make the call.

“Alright, then. Here goes. Rock, Paper, Scissor–”

“Aish!”

And I think you guys can figure out what happens next ;) 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kittyna said:

And I think you guys can figure out what happens next ;)

Let me guess, Nae-il won? :lol:

I though Cha yoo-jin got over Lee Yoo-Hoo? Is he feeling uncomfortable because of his insecurity or he just hates sharing his room?:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I though Cha yoo-jin got over Lee Yoo-Hoo? Is he feeling uncomfortable because of his insecurity or he just hates sharing his room?:lol:

Cha Yoo Jin and Lee Yoon Hoo, in my opinion, are the perfect example of "Two characters who'd fight like cats and dogs, but actually have each other's backs in a crisis". Even though they do work together just fine when they need to, their personalities still clash enough that trying to live together would be a hassle. Besides, in this series of fics at least, Yoon Hoo might think of Yoo Jin as a friend, but even though Yoo Jin might feel the same somewhere deep down inside of him, he's never going to admit it to anyone - not to Nae Il, and especially not to Yoon Hoo himself.

As for Yoo Jin's reasoning, more will be revealed later in the fic, but for now, there's 1) his introversion, so he's not comfortable with hosting any sort of guest for so long; 2) his being, as Nae Il put it, a "sleep-deprived grumpy cat"; and 3) his trying to find a good time/opportunity to propose to Nae Il and this throwing a monkey wrench into his plans.

However, this is just the beginning - things could very well be different by the end ;) I'm not the sort of author who wants to tie everything up neatly and have everyone get along just for the sake of a good ending, but I do like having characters evolve and mature in that direction, so we'll see where this goes.

And now I'm wishing that there were more weddings in JW's dramas:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kittyna said:

However, this is just the beginning - things could very well be different by the end ;) I'm not the sort of author who wants to tie everything up neatly and have everyone get along just for the sake of a good ending, but I do like having characters evolve and mature in that direction, so we'll see where this goes.

I expect nothing less :D

Cha Yoo Jin and Lee Yoon Hoo, in my opinion, are the perfect example of "Two characters who'd fight like cats and dogs, but actually have each other's backs in a crisis". Even though they do work together just fine when they need to, their personalities still clash enough that trying to live together would be a hassle. Besides, in this series of fics at least, Yoon Hoo might think of Yoo Jin as a friend, but even though Yoo Jin might feel the same somewhere deep down inside of him, he's never going to admit it to anyone - not to Nae Il, and especially not to Yoon Hoo himself.

Just like Hwang Tae-hee and Hwang Tae-pil in Okakgro brothers?^_^

And now I'm wishing that there were more weddings in JW's dramas:

I think Joo won had 3 weddings so far, 4 if you count Yong pal, in Yong-pal they just register their marriage :P

• Like 2
7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I think Joo won had 3 weddings so far, 4 if you count Yong pal, in Yong-pal they just register their marriage :P

Yeah - and then Yeo Jin got mad when Tae Hyun wanted to just leave things at that without a wedding ceremony. :P 

Which does make me wonder: if they were to hold a proper ceremony sometime after the events in the drama, what would it be like? 

Actually, let me ask that of you guys, officially: If any of JW's dramas that didn't already have a wedding had included one, what do you think it would be like? Like, would it be something big and fancy, "just friends and family in an intimate setting", or do you think they'd just elope? :P Don't be shy: I'm genuinely curious about this now.

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Just like Hwang Tae-hee and Hwang Tae-pil in Okakgro brothers?^_^

Maybe not so close as that (since, all things considered, Tae Hui and Tae Pil are brothers), but something along those lines, yeah.

What I do find interesting about Yoo Jin and Yoon Hoo, though, is that while they bicker a lot over Nae Il, most of their actual fights are over things relating to music (Rising Star, Yoon Hoo's cello, etc.). Even that first time at the music festival, Yoo Jin only gets visibly upset after Yoon Hoo accuses him of not being a "real musician" due to his manners towards Nae Il (you see him tense up in this, "You did NOT just say that" reaction). So that's something to think about - and a possible hint as to where this fic is heading ;) 

• LOL 2

Actually, let me ask that of you guys, officially: If any of JW's dramas that didn't already have a wedding had included one, what do you think it would be like? Like, would it be something big and fancy, "just friends and family in an intimate setting", or do you think they'd just elope? :P Don't be shy: I'm genuinely curious about this now.

Let me see, I think except for Park si-on and cha yoon-seo, all the couples from joo won drama(the remaining one's which did not have any closure like "7th grad civil servant,My sassy Girl,Naeil's cantabile) will have a grand wedding. In case of park si-on and cha yoon-seo, they would have a wedding with their close friends and their colleagues from hospital. In the other dramas, I think Han Gil-ro and kim seo-won, might have some chances of eloping, since they both are spies and they might want a different kind of wedding.:P

What I do find interesting about Yoo Jin and Yoon Hoo, though, is that while they bicker a lot over Nae Il, most of their actual fights are over things relating to music (Rising Star, Yoon Hoo's cello, etc.). Even that first time at the music festival, Yoo Jin only gets visibly upset after Yoon Hoo accuses him of not being a "real musician" due to his manners towards Nae Il (you see him tense up in this, "You did NOT just say that" reaction). So that's something to think about - and a possible hint as to where this fic is heading ;) 

Very intriguing, I think in drama they should have explored more in this relationship also :D

• Like 2
8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Let me see, I think except for Park si-on and cha yoon-seo, all the couples from joo won drama(the remaining one's which did not have any closure like "7th grad civil servant,My sassy Girl,Naeil's cantabile) will have a grand wedding. In case of park si-on and cha yoon-seo, they would have a wedding with their close friends and their colleagues from hospital. In the other dramas, I think Han Gil-ro and kim seo-won, might have some chances of eloping, since they both are spies and they might want a different kind of wedding.:P

I haven't given much thought to Level 7 Civil Servant or Good Doctor yet, but I do like both of your ideas. Especially for Good Doctor - that makes the most sense given what we see of the characters :) 

I am hoping to write some of these in greater detail in the future, but here's just a quick run-down for the others.

My Sassy Girl - I think it would just be the traditional historical wedding here. With Hye Myung being a princess, there are probably lots of traditions and rules they'd have to follow. What is interesting - and what I'd have to look further into - are the implications for what happens after the wedding: unlike marrying a prince, marrying a princess is something of a step downwards for both parties (the princess since - unless she's marrying a foreign royal - is definitely marrying into a commoner's family; and the husband because he's subsequently barred from any government position). It is implied that Gyun Woo and Hye Myung are both aware of this, but that does mean the wedding itself will be a massive paradigm shift for everyone involved.

Nae Il's Cantabile - You may have figured out already that I do hope to get to this point eventually in my Seolleim in Salzburg series ;) I don't want to reveal too many spoilers, but I can say that Nae Il is the sort of girl who everyone thinks will want the big, fancy wedding...but who actually doesn't. I already hinted at that with the custom engagement ring: Nae Il doesn't care how big the diamond is (or whether it's a diamond at all), but is more interested in the ring's sentimental value and whether there's any sort of story/symbolism behind it. As for Yoo Jin, I can't really imagine him caring much about the wedding itself beyond the idea that he's holding off until that point to actually sleep with Nae Il. So here, I actually visualize a small "family and friends" style wedding - possibly one that's more Western in style than Korean (i.e. I don't know if they'll do the more traditional tea ceremony for their parents afterwards).

Yong Pal - Because Yeo Jin still wants her church wedding, and in the drama, it's clear that she won't even share a room (let alone a bed) with Tae Hyun until it happens. This is where I think they'd have the big massive wedding: as the Chairwoman of a major corporation, Yeo Jin would be expected to use this to flaunt her own wealth and status, especially her numerous business connections. So, yeah: lots of people invited...most of whom neither Yeo Jin nor Tae Hyun actually know that well and whom they invited simply out of social obligation :P (I'm sure we've all seen weddings like that.) That being said, Tae Hyun will try to include his friends and family as much as he could - but I think it's pretty obvious that his dad's not invited ;) Thus, without any of their immediate familial elders around, I think Yeo Jin and Tae Hyun would nix the tea ceremony altogether.

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Very intriguing, I think in drama they should have explored more in this relationship also :D

Yeah - once we get to the issue of Yoon Hoo's hand, we start seeing that there's more going on between Yoo Jin and Yoon Hoo than the cliché romantic rivalry. Like, that is a part of it - although it does feel almost like it's forced into the narrative - but there's also a lot more going on. Both Yoo Jin and Yoon Hoo were raised to view other elite musicians as potential threats/rivals, and that seems to permeate many of their interactions.

So, even in that first meeting, we see Yoo Jin looking jealously at Yoon Hoo when Professor Stresemann compliments him on his recitals abroad (while Yoo Jin's just the water boy :P), and Yoon Hoo looking that same way at Yoo Jin when he steps in to replace Stresemann at the ensemble workshop (because that's not just filling in as a conducting student, but literally as the instructor). And while a good chunk in the middle revolves around Nae Il (for me, that's the dull point in how the drama writes Yoo Jin and Yoon Hoo as characters), all the stuff that happens from Yoo Jin discovering Yoon Hoo's injury onward is really fascinating to watch: especially their conflicting views on how to deal with the conflict in Rising Star, where both of them want to help, but Yoon Hoo is the realist and pessimist, whereas Yoo Jin is more optimistic, but also masochistic.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
58 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Nae Il doesn't care how big the diamond is (or whether it's a diamond at all)

I think Nae-il would like any ring as long as it round and matches with cha yoo-jin :lol:

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I think it's pretty obvious that his dad's not invited

I cannot totally rule out that possibility, in the end Tae Hyun tried to defend Yeo jin's brother and even tried to save his life, despite the evil things he has done to him and Yeo jin, I think we might invite his father, partly to forgive him and get a peace of mind and partly for his sister, his sister does have soft-corner for their father. :D

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Thus, without any of their immediate familial elders around, I think Yeo Jin and Tae Hyun would nix the tea ceremony altogether.

I think they both do have elderly people around who care for them, not related by blood, but by bond; like the priest and nuns from the church or the head nurse who advises Tae hyun and told Yeo jin about his final days(how he was calling her name on his death bed). They might have tea ceremony with the kids from the church, with friends of Tae hyun from the hospital and also the gangster Tae hyun saved. I guess they all can be called close to both Tae Hyun and Yeo jin :D

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I think Nae-il would like any ring as long as it round and matches with cha yoo-jin :lol:

lol - That reminds me of all the ring-related shenanigans we see in the drama. :lol: But, yeah: Nae Il doesn't so much care what the engagement ring, wedding dress, etc. look like...so long as she ends up getting them with the guy she wants.

I cannot totally rule out that possibility, in the end Tae Hyun tried to defend Yeo jin's brother and even tried to save his life, despite the evil things he has done to him and Yeo jin, I think we might invite his father, partly to forgive him and get a peace of mind and partly for his sister, his sister does have soft-corner for their father. :D

Point. However, I personally don't get the sense that Tae Hyun forgives easily: he'll only forgive those people who show remorse for the wrong things they've done in the past (Chief Lee, Yeo Jin herself, etc.). For those who don't, he's still willing to help them, but there's no actual feelings attached - notably, in Han Do Joon's case, Tae Hyun is more interested in preventing Yeo Jin from killing him (and thus making a decision she'd regret) than actually in saving him for his own sake. So it is help and kindness, but not necessarily forgiveness.

As for his father, I think that even if Tae Hyun does eventually find it in himself to forgive him for So Hyun's sake, it would happen slowly, over a very long process - and not necessarily in time for the wedding Yeo Jin wants. What's particularly notable is that Tae Hyun's resentment isn't due to any abuse he suffered himself, but due to what he saw between his parents growing up: he hates that his father refuses to claim any sort of personal responsibility for his mother's death. That's something that intrigues me, to be honest: is it possible that Tae Hyun doesn't believe his mother's death (or, more specifically, the injuries that caused her death) was an accident? :blink:

And that's just one of many questions the possibility of Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin having an actual wedding ceremony raises in my mind. There are also a whole ton of other factors to consider regarding their respective backgrounds, social classes (because, to use my limited knowledge of Indian culture, it'd be like a marriage between people from opposite ends of the caste spectrum), differences in values/beliefs, etc. that would need sorting out - and, fingers crossed, I do hope I get to explore all of those someday.

I think they both do have elderly people around who care for them, not related by blood, but by bond; like the priest and nuns from the church or the head nurse who advises Tae hyun and told Yeo jin about his final days(how he was calling her name on his death bed). They might have tea ceremony with the kids from the church, with friends of Tae hyun from the hospital and also the gangster Tae hyun saved. I guess they all can be called close to both Tae Hyun and Yeo jin :D

So, parental figures in place of their actual parents? I like that idea - it sounds really sweet, and like something they might actually do :) 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, kittyna said:

That's something that intrigues me, to be honest: is it possible that Tae Hyun doesn't believe his mother's death (or, more specifically, the injuries that caused her death) was an accident? 

I have just re-watched it, her cause of death was partly due to explosion(accident) which led to cardiac arrest and partly due to negligence of hospital. His  father had nothing to with it, but it does not absolve him for his mistakes:(

And that's just one of many questions the possibility of Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin having an actual wedding ceremony raises in my mind. There are also a whole ton of other factors to consider regarding their respective backgrounds, social classes (because, to use my limited knowledge of Indian culture, it'd be like a marriage between people from opposite ends of the caste spectrum), differences in values/beliefs, etc. that would need sorting out - and, fingers crossed, I do hope I get to explore all of those someday.

It can be like that, but the family members of Yeo-jin are either dead or in prison, so, she might invite mostly her underlings, whom she cherishes, we can see in the series for brief period where she actually commands her staff with mix of authority and friendliness. I would say there won't be much of a class difference,at least if they held their wedding privately. She will though throw a party for her rich and powerful contacts to let them know that she is married :D

because, to use my limited knowledge of Indian culture, it'd be like a marriage between people from opposite ends of the caste spectrum

It would be similar to it, but not entirely. If the bride and groom managed to get to the wedding regardless of being opposite caste spectrum, the class won't matter. Here caste is dominant factor, class is just by-product and can easily be ignored if people on both sides agreed for wedding, but mind you, there is also hierarchy in caste spectrum, it would be easy for a girl to get married with guy who is from caste which is in top of the hierarchy, but it is impossible ,if not, dangerous for guy to the same thing, regardless his class, job status etc won't matter at all. With all these factors, I think Yong pal is a progressive drama, where the girl is not only a heiress but a with strong personality and like to take control of her own personal and professional life, not like the stereotypical K-drama,where female lead is totally at mercy of her father or brother or have to wait for male lead to come and rescue her. In this case she makes the male lead to help her by offering him money, it is more like manipulating an underling, not like taking help from her boyfriend :)

• Like 2

Does this mean joo won is done with Alice drama shooting ?:open_mouth: Or he is doing it simultaneously? Either way, I would like to point out that joo won such a workaholic. I wish I was like this:P

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Does this mean joo won is done with Alice drama shooting ?:open_mouth: Or he is doing it simultaneously? Either way, I would like to point out that joo won such a workaholic. I wish I was like this:P

Considering this is JW, it could be either. Alice will start airing a few months from now, so shooting should wrap up soon if they want enough time for post-production editing and stuff (since it's a pre-produced drama rather than a live shoot one). But at the same time, JW has juggled multiple projects simultaneously before: I think his record is three, which he did both in 2013 (Good Doctor + Catch Me + 1N2D) and 2014 (Ghost + Fashion King + Joo Won's Life Log). Even so, if it isn't simultaneous, it's just like him to jump from one project to another without a break.

(Which is funny, since prior to his enlistment, he did say that he should take more time to rest between projects now - guess that went out the window :P)

But still, it's great to see what JW looks like in a new uniform - and with so many senior/veteran actors, too :) 

14 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I have just re-watched it, her cause of death was partly due to explosion(accident) which led to cardiac arrest and partly due to negligence of hospital. His  father had nothing to with it, but it does not absolve him for his mistakes:(

I know - which is why I wonder why Tae Hyun holds his father responsible (or, at least, is angry at his father for refusing to take responsibility). Like, is he thinking that his mother's stamina/health was negatively impacted by years of abuse, thus making it easier for her to succumb to her injuries? Or is he thinking that if his father could have just gotten his act together, his mother wouldn't have needed to go out and work in such a hazardous environment? Or (and this is the highly unlikely third option that I still think must have cropped up in his mind at least once) is he thinking that the story about the industrial site accident is a lie, period?

Like I said, "highly unlikely third option", but considering how common it is for victims of abuse or assault to try to explain away their injuries as accidental, it's also not impossible - and if Tae Hyun does suspect this at all, it's more an indication of how strongly biased he is against his father than it is a clue to the truth of the situation.

14 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

If the bride and groom managed to get to the wedding regardless of being opposite caste spectrum, the class won't matter. Here caste is dominant factor, class is just by-product and can easily be ignored if people on both sides agreed for wedding, but mind you, there is also hierarchy in caste spectrum, it would be easy for a girl to get married with guy who is from caste which is in top of the hierarchy, but it is impossible ,if not, dangerous for guy to the same thing, regardless his class, job status etc won't matter at all. With all these factors, I think Yong pal is a progressive drama, where the girl is not only a heiress but a with strong personality and like to take control of her own personal and professional life, not like the stereotypical K-drama,where female lead is totally at mercy of her father or brother or have to wait for male lead to come and rescue her. In this case she makes the male lead to help her by offering him money, it is more like manipulating an underling, not like taking help from her boyfriend :)

Which is why I think the social dynamics here are would be so much fun to unpack. It's clear to Yeo Jin and Tae Hyun - and to those who know both of them well - that this is a love relationship, but I can see everyone else around them (e.g. Yeo Jin's business associates or former social circle; Tae Hyun's childhood friends and neighbours, etc.) being genuinely baffled by what's happening. Like, we'll never know for sure, but I can envision some of Yeo Jin's acquaintances thinking that Tae Hyun's just a gold-digger (and, given his 12th floor history, that is a fair criticism), or some of Tae Hyun's acquaintances thinking that Yeo Jin's just using/exploiting him (like how Lee Chae Young wanted him as a lover and literally referred to him as her "toy") or that he's looking down on his past community by "marrying up".

Again: Yeo Jin, Tae Hyun, and their close friends/family know the actual truth. And since neither Yeo Jin nor Tae Hyun are the sort of people who'd care what others thought of them, gossip's not going to change anything. But people can and will still talk, so I can expect this would make things at least somewhat more challenging than meets the eye. ;) 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, kittyna said:

2014 (Ghost + Fashion King + Joo Won's Life Log)

And also Naiel's Cantabile, we was doing like 4 projects at a time, and already signed up for Chinese movie "Sweet sixteen" by the end of these projects, we can see it in his life log, where he was trying to learn Mandarin. Funny part was, few fans commented that, "why he was doing so many projects at a time? Maybe to payback the loan sharks"(Hopefully, that was not the case):lol:

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

But people can and will still talk, so I can expect this would make things at least somewhat more challenging than meets the eye. ;) 

They would talk behind their backs, but once if they see how affectionate they were towards each other, they might change their opinion. Like the household maids and cook did. You can see in the episode where Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin were cooking together in the kitchen and how Tae Hyun took care of her. And also washed the utensils after the dinner, so that servants don't have to wash it in late night, they found his gestures genuine and sincere and next day made lot of food items for breakfast, even Yeo jin was shocked looking at food items. But still Tae Hyun might need some time to win over the friends and acquaintance of Yeo jin and top of that he is an excellent surgeon, so I think he would have no problem proving his worth and make his own identity rather than known as Yeo Jin's husband, not that he wouldn't have any problem with that :tongue:

• Like 2
12 hours ago, kittyna said:

Which is funny, since prior to his enlistment, he did say that he should take more time to rest between projects now - guess that went out the window

I think I have another point of view, why he is doing project after project? Maybe people tend to forget celebrities when they are off-camera for too long, Once he named it has concern before enlistment, that "Being off-camera for 2 years can make fans forget about him". So, that's why he's on spree of making project after project:smiley:. Has fan it is a happy outcome, but it maybe have negative impact on his health. I know he does take good care of his health, but these days there are many unknown variables which might effect one's health, if they are workaholic like him :cold_sweat:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

And also Naiel's Cantabile, we was doing like 4 projects at a time, and already signed up for Chinese movie "Sweet sixteen" by the end of these projects, we can see it in his life log, where he was trying to learn Mandarin.

I think that by the time he started working on those, Fashion King had already wrapped filming - and Ghost was close to done as well. So that makes 3 or 4 as his record for the most projects going on simultaneously. However, I could be wrong; this is just based on what I remember from Life Log.

Funny part was, few fans commented that, "why he was doing so many projects at a time? Maybe to payback the loan sharks"(Hopefully, that was not the case):lol:

I think I have another point of view, why he is doing project after project? Maybe people tend to forget celebrities when they are off-camera for too long, Once he named it has concern before enlistment, that "Being off-camera for 2 years can make fans forget about him". So, that's why he's on spree of making project after project:smiley:.

Maybe not loan sharks, but he did mention during interviews back then that he was saving up for a house that he could live in with his entire family. I'm not sure how that turned out, but if it did, congrats to him :) 

However, this does remind me of the money-related questions he was asked on Healing Camp: how he would react if his parents spent a large sum of the money he earned, or if their attempts to invest it failed and they wound up in debt. Which does tell me how often things like that happen in Korea. But I remember how calm JW was when he answered; while that doesn't mean he would be so calm and collected in real life (since people tend to underestimate how upset they'd be in a crisis), it did show how he thought of his family as a team and the money he made as a shared entity.

Also, another really simple reason for working so much would be that acting/work seems to form a huge part of JW's personal identity. Like, he seems to get stir-crazy if he's not working (either filming or prepping for a project); even his break after his enlistment wasn't fully a break, since he spent it doing fan meetings and ads and whatnot.

Has fan it is a happy outcome, but it maybe have negative impact on his health. I know he does take good care of his health, but these days there are many unknown variables which might effect one's health, if they are workaholic like him :cold_sweat:

While being a workaholic does spare me a lot of anxiety re: JW getting into trouble, I'm with you in thinking that that can't be healthy in the long run. JW's known to be a huge caffeine addict and it appears that he smokes as well (or, if nothing else, that he doesn't mind people thinking he does) - both caffeine and nicotine are stimulants, so if he's doing both simultaneously...yeah, that's not safe in the long run. I remember Choi Kang Hee saying that she could call and chat with JW in the middle of the night if she wanted to because he's oftentimes pulling all-nighters - and drinking massive amounts of coffee in order to do so.

So while I don't have to worry (for the most part) about a future DUI, partying related scandal, etc. I do sometimes worry that JW's going to run himself ragged at this rate. So I am glad that he took some time to slow down immediately after his enlistment, but if he's just back up and at it again now.... :unsure:

Like the household maids and cook did. You can see in the episode where Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin were cooking together in the kitchen and how Tae Hyun took care of her. And also washed the utensils after the dinner, so that servants don't have to wash it in late night, they found his gestures genuine and sincere and next day made lot of food items for breakfast, even Yeo jin was shocked looking at food items.

Yeah, that part was just so cute - it makes me feel like that never happened often before in the Han household (like, do we know what it was like when Han Do Joon and Lee Chae Young were in charge?). Yeo Jin's heart was in the right place, but there were things she wouldn't have noticed since she'd grown up with servants and took them for granted, so having Tae Hyun around led to a positive shift in the dynamic overall.

But still Tae Hyun might need some time to win over the friends and acquaintance of Yeo jin and top of that he is an excellent surgeon, so I think he would have no problem proving his worth and make his own identity rather than known as Yeo Jin's husband, not that he wouldn't have any problem with that :tongue:

Oh, yeah - once people get to know them, they'd be fine. Or, if nothing else, no-one would dare say anything to their faces anymore.

• Like 2

So, I'd mentioned before that I wanted to try a second tournament-style poll. Looking back on the first one, though, I need to rethink how it's designed, since for the most part, it's just @kireeti2 and I responding, and there's a strong likelihood for ties like that.

That being said, I'm going to try it out like this - using a points system based on sporting tournaments like the World Cup. And if I do end up with ties preventing a clear line of elimination...I just might end up flipping a coin :P 

The topic for this poll? JW Drama Characters as Dads (yep, starting to churn out the Father's Day-related content now)

Spoiler

Which JW Drama Character would be the Best Dad? You Decide!

Rules/How This Works

For each character in the following pairs, you need to assign a number of points based on what you imagine he'd be like as a father:

• If you think one would be a better dad than the other, then give the winner 3 points and the loser 1 point
  • If you think both would be about the same, then give both characters 2 points each

In other words, your answer will end up looking like this:

Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - XYXY - 3 (winner)

B - XYXY - 1 (loser)

OR

A - XYXY - 2 (tie)

B - XYXY - 2 (tie)

Otherwise, there are no real rules here; what you think makes a good dad or not is entirely up to you. Again, feel free to elaborate on your responses at any time, but just casting votes with no explanation is also fine.

So, here goes! (Once again, pairs are completely random, based on a computerized dice/sequencer - what you see is what you get).

1. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Park Si On

B - Lee Kang To

2. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Gyun Woo

B - Kim Tae Hyun

3. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Hwang Tae Hui

B - Han Gil Ro

4. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Gu Ma Jun

B - Cha Yoo Jin

So what do you guys think? Will we have a clear winner - or will I end up flipping a coin?

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Park Si On

B - Lee Kang To

Park Si-on- I think Si-on will turn out to be a better father than Kang -To. First reason is he is open to change, in drama his autism often over shadows his character, if we look carefully he has character or personality who embraces change and has open mind, he would take advice given by his well wishers seriously, especially advice given by Cha yoon-seon(Since they would be raising the kids together). Second reason is he can understand kids very well, not just as a pediatrician, but also like a friend, we can see in drama he was ready to be friends with kids right away and can understand they cues very well, that's an asset as a dad. Third reason is that he never had a loving dad, so he will try be as best of a dad he can, since he knows the pain of not having a good dad. The list is endless, but I would like to sum it up; like in the drama his character is shown as someone who is persistent and never gives up, so parenting is some what like that.

Coming to Kang-To, if we go by what drama shows, he lost his wife, and I don't see him getting married. He does have good qualities for being a good dad, but his impulsive decisions and temper negated them, I don't see him being patient with his kids, where Si-on has immense patience. :)

2. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Gyun Woo

B - Kim Tae Hyun

This one is definitely a draw, both have similar qualities when it comes to parenting, For instance, both are moral and ethical in their conduct and will always teach their kids to be good to others, on top of that both are married to princess(Technically Yeo Jin would be princess in Joseon era), so while theirs moms would be spoiling the kids, its up to dad to keep them in line(I mean in positive way, not like making them do things which they don't want to do):P

3. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Hwang Tae Hui

B - Han Gil Ro

Hand down, Hwang Tae-Hui, he was like a father to his younger brother and probably most clam and collective minded adult in his family after his mom and grand mother, since all the males in the family screw up one way or another way:tounge_xd:.

When it comes to Han Gil-Ro, he would have lot of fun with his kid, but that's is not the only thing you need to be a good dad.

4. Who do you think would be a better dad?

A - Gu Ma Jun

B - Cha Yoo Jin

This one is also a tie; even though Ma-Jun won't look like he would make a good father, in the end of the drama it was shown he knew his real father was the secretary, and he did choose to acknowledge it, this shows his maturity. And Cha Yoo-jin also have dad issues just like Ma-jun, but in different way, like acceptance of his dad and recognition from him. So, they both are on the same boat.

Coming to the points

1.A-3, B-1

2.A-2,B-2

3.A-3,B-1

4.A-2,B-2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, kittyna said:

, but he did mention during interviews back then that he was saving up for a house that he could live in with his entire family. I'm not sure how that turned out, but if it did, congrats to him

I guess he did full this dream of his, in an instagram post we can see that his dad jogging in a neighborhood near to his house. So, I guess he did fulfilled his dream.

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

However, this does remind me of the money-related questions he was asked on Healing Camp: how he would react if his parents spent a large sum of the money he earned, or if their attempts to invest it failed and they wound up in debt. Which does tell me how often things like that happen in Korea. But I remember how calm JW was when he answered; while that doesn't mean he would be so calm and collected in real life (since people tend to underestimate how upset they'd be in a crisis), it did show how he thought of his family as a team and the money he made as a shared entity.

His bond with his family is really strong, that's why, he is money as just an means to live. And I think they did support him a lot when he was in his early days of musical career, all the three of them(his mom,dad and brother) really cherishes him, maybe that's why he acts cute in front of his seniors and gets close really quick with them. :D

• Like 2

Coming to the points

1.A-3, B-1

2.A-2,B-2

3.A-3,B-1

4.A-2,B-2

Oof, you're not making this easy for me, aren't you. I'll have to see whether I can break some of those ties, then - which means I'll need some time to seriously think over my answers.

But I will concede that #2 in particular is tough - honestly, I think either Gyun Woo or Kim Tae Hyun would be good candidates for the overall winner, even. But if only one can move on to the next round...I'll have to think.

His bond with his family is really strong, that's why, he is money as just an means to live. And I think they did support him a lot when he was in his early days of musical career, all the three of them(his mom,dad and brother) really cherishes him, maybe that's why he acts cute in front of his seniors and gets close really quick with them. :D

He said that his parents were initially concerned about his decision to become an actor, but that he managed to persuade them when he made it clear that he wasn't afraid of possible financial hardship. That told them that he really was into it because he liked it and not because he had dreams of becoming famous or anything like that. :) 

And, yes, the fact that he's the maknae back home does mean that he slips into that role really easily at work as well.

And here are a few more behind-the-scenes shots from Alice:

By the way, for what it's worth, I've just started watching Room No. 9, which is another drama starring Kim Hee Sun. It's my first time actually watching anything she's done, and from what I've seen so far...I think we can expect good things from Alice, at least in the acting department :) 

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]