Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

What to do with this cute Man..Manly cute Man.. :o

(He was worried about showing his clumsy self to fans when he tried to figure out how to move for that particular dance.. and then danced so well and  adorably.)

The fan who uploaded this said it's her fourth encounter with Joo Won and she'd have to follow him until he's a grandfather.. :blush:

Another one from another fan..

Spoiler

Asking at the end if he danced well.

Yes..You danced well.. :)

• Like 3

@flutterby06  @tokkimoon

Yeah I read about the sad scary incidents that happened in the Grand Canyon. :wacko:  Maybe he wasn’t that close to the edge.   Guess what someone mentioned about his arm muscles   hehe  :P 
Wow his dance movements are amazing, especially about his feet juggling  whahaha  He’s good.  
PS I read that he said he’s getting close to picking up his new drama, something sweet & action

• Like 3

On 4/28/2019 at 12:07 PM, booha said:

PS I read that he said he’s getting close to picking up his new drama, something sweet & action

Yeah..can't wait for official news.

Interesting tid bits from JW's Seoul 2019 FM 

I can totally understand people gathering around him whenever taking pictures. Most of the recruits and army enlisters are of young age. And Joo Won is freaking Gaksital.. Theres also stories on DC that how he was strict yet sweet instructor..There's a video (link bellow) from Army Fest 2017 where younger there following around JW and taking selfies when the group of 2017 army fest singing.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wak4kIjc5A

Watch from 07:50 to 8:50 .. 

D5OWPG5U0AYz3PN?format=png&name=360x360

Source: https://twitter.com/meyahmjw/status/1122405929914253312

Highlights for me is- 

1) Joo Won's mom made rice cake again for everyone? I don't if his Mom previously preapred things for FM in Korea but she did this in 2017. May older members from this forum can tell.. His mom is so sweet to show her appreciation for fan is such a thoughtful way.

2) JW gifted his self-designed eco bag...awww..so cute..he shook hands with every fans and prepared gifts for every one so that no one feels left out for not having a chance to be on stage with him.

Video of him drawing the design was showen in there too.

And JW sang many songs in this FM.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 7:18 AM, booha said:

meyahmjw JooWon's new cf INTRO CURE skin care products..

Read from fan stories from latest FM that JW gave skin care products from this brand to fans as gift along with Eco Bag..Lucky fans..getting skin care products from JW even before the official announcement of him being their ambassador. 

Looks like Joo Won is on a outing with friends today..

D53-JaAUUAA0Onf.jpg

And his best Friend Lee Sewook was also there..

D53-WDLUEAM8OBF.jpg

It's good to see the best friends together. I hope JW will do a vlive again with Sewook and other friends. We get lots of inside stories when friends are together. :P

D53-T1dV4AA8d7G.jpg

• Like 4

So we finally have an update on JW's next drama but it has not been confirmed! And it's set to air on 2020!!!

From Soompi Article: https://www.soompi.com/article/1323183wpp/joo-won-in-talks-for-his-first-post-military-drama

Joo Won is looking to make his drama return!

A source from the the drama industry stated on May 9 that Joo Won has been cast as the male lead of SBS’s upcoming drama “Hotel Alice” (literal title). According to the source, the actor will be taking on the role of a detective named Park Jin Kyum.

In response, a source from Joo Won’s agency Hwayi Brothers Korea clarified that the actor did receive an offer for the drama and is currently reviewing it, but nothing has been confirmed.

Joo Won made his debut through the musical “Alta Boys” in 2006 and took on his first drama lead role in “Baker King, Kim Tak Goo.” He continued to build up his filmography by appearing in dramas such as “Bridal Mask,” “Good Doctor,” and “The Gang Doctor.”

The actor was discharged from the military in February and is currently preparing to make his return to the industry.

--------------------------

Sounds interesting already as it has a detective role which and I read from translation of Korean articles that it has a time travelling theme.. @booha rings a bell?;)

Anyways, Joo Won has played Police/Detective role many times..And he creates different personas each time he picks up a role. So no worries.

Korean article: http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=59978

• Like 4

18 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

So we finally have an update on JW's next drama but it has not been confirmed! And it's set to air on 2020!!!

Sounds interesting already as it has a detective role which and I read from translation of Korean articles that it has a time travelling theme.. @booha rings a bell?;)

Anyways, Joo Won has played Police/Detective role many times..And he creates different personas each time he picks up a role. So no worries.

Korean article: http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=59978

Whahha JW’s possible new drama  Yup it sounds interesting.  In a capable hand, any time travel concept can be great, because it can be unpredictable.  But we have to wait till next year to see it. It’s sooo long. I wonder if it might be preproduced??  In K-FM JW mentioned about his new drama, with something sweet & action  so I have to assume he was talking about Hotel Alice. 

Btw the name of the hotel is Alice ( perhaps like ‘Alice in Wonderland’???)
The article gives some more details about the drama but some sections aren’t very clear.

((translated only some portion  since JW hasn't decided it yet))

dDbKN6B.jpg

JW plays the detective Park Jin kyum in the drama.
He tries to be a good cop as the wish of his dead mother was for him to be a good person.  
Because he looks at any case objectively and proceeds to investigate only with evidence and logic,
he is recognized by his colleagues for his investigative skills
He is shocked to learn that there are time travelers in Korea.

'Hotel Alice' starts 30 years later with the setting that time travel products are sold to the public.
 Hotel Alice is the portal/airport to step into the past and it’s the place where only time travelers stay.
The present where Hotel Alice is built, is not the place where we lived but  in another dimension of time and space.
Due to the existence of Hotel Alice in such a way, unexpected tragedy happens as the drama progresses.
It is a drama that will give you intellectual pleasure that you have never experienced before.

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20190509132158533?f=m

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

D9qkU_7UIAAlc5N.jpg

This pic from Almond Bridge CF reminded me of Joo Won's appearance in Special Investigation Unit movie!

20111205-Joo-Won.jpg

While he seems to be involved in CF and other activities, lack of drama appearance makes me a bit sad. :cry: Can't HB talk with the unreleased C-drama production? Can't we get a drama in 2019?

And he used Baby Face app which is currently trendy in SK(I don't know it's also same in other countries!)..With him having a baby face, I thought he'd not use this app..ha ha..

D9gFvCFWkAA3ziQ.jpg

@rionae, Oh thanks for the translation. I really wanted to know what JW had to say about Good Doctor remakes.. All the remakes were made when he was in army. So looks like he watched all. Most of Good Doctor fans share the sentiment with Joo Won that because of remake more people may get to know about original version.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@flutterby06

You are back chingu  Glad to see you  Yeah I got busy and then things got worse with hooking into (wuxia) c-dramas. hehe  Those c-dramas are hard ones to watch with their long eps and long dialogues (in subs) which made me pause constantly.  
So what is happening with JW’s new drama project…  He seems to be busy with cfs but you are right he needs to find a new drama  soon.

Pwahaha  that JW’s baby expression is so priceless  I saw other baby-app faces but JW is the best. Look at those eyes & irresistible dimples  haha  ezmmqVZ.gif

JWssi please come back with a new drama B):P

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@booha, helloo..It's good to see you too..Thanks for being around JW's thread.. :heart:

I wasn't that busy..just tried to keep my focus away from sns and soompi for a while. But sadly it doesn't mean I unstalked JW or some of my other favs..:P I'm watching two ongoing k-dramas currently. I watch C-dramas once in a while..And I actually watched three c-dramas (I liked one and ended up watching two others of similar genre) in last month.. Which is a new for me.

(Why so good looking... :wub:)

D9qkU_-U4AAUEI-.jpg

(And Why So Cute... :heart:)

Me be like...Take your time..Joo Wonaa, comback in dramaland..palli palli...No pressure.. !!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

WOW Joo Won looks way better after the military how's that possible?!!

I can't wait for his comeback drama as a detective he's gonna nail it like he always do. 

Thank you so much for Joowon updates keep the great work :heart:

• Like 4

@meme gogo, thanks for stopping by..

So far it looks like Joo Won has not confirmed this drama yet. There's no official confirmation statement. But the story seemed interesting. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the mean time JW seems to be spending times with friends, busy with CF filming & photoshoots .. he's having good times.

D-4IgqtXYAAuSrV.jpg

(he he..the little shy smile when camera zoomed on him.. :P)

Also I'd like to mention this unfortunate event: actress Jeon Miseon passed away on 28th of June,2019.. It seemed like they concluded it as a suicide due to depression. She was such a seasoned actress who acted in many successful projects. She was a part of two of Joo Won's drama as well- Baker King Kim Takgu and Ojakgyo brothers. Rest in Peace.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335379wpp/actress-jeon-mi-sun-passes-away

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

For a while there I wasn't able to login to Soompi.. So sad!!!

I miss Joo Won... Always lurking every now and then... 
Hope to see his drama soon...

I lurked his IG...

Loving his image more and more...

He has been working out diligently....:wub:

Annyeong chingudeul...

Glad to be back again...

• Like 3