Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

18 minutes ago, tokkimoon said:

Credit: Joo Won via. Instagram

Look, English written hashtags! That's what's up! Yay! I also love when he wears glasses! :w00t:

:D 

I don't really like the glasses though especially in the other pic, makes his eyes looked like they are painted on the glasses, LOL. 

But it's giving me ideas, these glasses and the whole black get up. Joo Won should play some spy movie, double agent kind of stuff, maybe in Japanese Korean era. Sounds like Lee Kang To but more like those spies with guns, disguises, mind games etc. I just watched Assassination. It was pretty enjoyable but over the top. I much prefer movies of this genre like The Message, a Chinese film. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

I don't really like the glasses though especially in the other pic, makes his eyes looked like they are painted on the glasses, LOL. 

But it's giving me ideas, these glasses and the whole black get up. Joo Won should play some spy movie, double agent kind of stuff, maybe in Japanese Korean era. Sounds like Lee Kang To but more like those spies with guns, disguises, mind games etc. I just watched Assassination. It was pretty enjoyable but over the top. I much prefer movies of this genre like The Message, a Chinese film. 

Oh you girls are far too kind. I'm not digging the glasses. I think those are ajusshi glasses. Oops ROFL Sorry, I think the German mulled wine gave me too much courage to be honest :x

Spy movies? Bring it on. But please no more Han Gil Ro. But my ultimate wishlist is for him to play a serial killer. Or something so chillingly evil but with a pinch of sympathy that causes me to question my moral compass.

Happy Holidays!  I call dibs on that Cutie reindeer with groovy dance moves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

LOL, yeah... that one picture looks weird, hahaha. But... any glasses pictures that aren't "weird", I like them!
He has beautiful eyes though... so thank goodness, he doesn't wear them on a regular basis, haha.
His eyes definitely help him out with acting like he said in that one interview.
Him wearing contacts though seems like his eyes get irritated easily though and bother him sometimes.
Thank goodness, no talk about stys and this and that, lately. Stay healthy Cutie!

I'm game with him being in a spy movie. Oooh a mind game! I like those suspense type movies that really mess with your head and by the time you are done, you're like... WHOA, what just happened? It all makes sense now! Lol.

• Like 4

Those glasses are kind of terrible.  But he can look good in glasses!  There are some old interviews, Baker King era, that are coming to mind.

How long did it take us to figure out if the glasses were real or just for fashion?  It was only pretty recently that we found out for sure, wasn't it?  Somehow that was an important issue, lol.

I'm kind of surprised, knowing now that they're not for show, that we never once saw him in glasses in 1N2D.  Did we?  I don't think so.  He's either not very nearsighted, or he's farsighted, or he has contacts he can sleep in.  Or he just wanders around blind a lot.  I guess that's another option. :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

Those glasses are kind of terrible.  But he can look good in glasses!  There are some old interviews, Baker King era, that are coming to mind.

How long did it take us to figure out if the glasses were real or just for fashion?  It was only pretty recently that we found out for sure, wasn't it?  Somehow that was an important issue, lol.

I'm kind of surprised, knowing now that they're not for show, that we never once saw him in glasses in 1N2D.  Did we?  I don't think so.  He's either not very nearsighted, or he's farsighted, or he has contacts he can sleep in.  Or he just wanders around blind a lot.  I guess that's another option. :D

Yeah....never seen him take out his contacts to sleep during 1N2D. But he has this giveaway habit of blinking and rolling his eyes which people with dry eyes(from wearing contact lens) do. Maybe he had lasik done? Then would also explain the dry eyes. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

Yeah....never seen him take out his contacts to sleep during 1N2D. But he has this giveaway habit of blinking and rolling his eyes which people with dry eyes(from wearing contact lens) do. Maybe he had lasik done? Then would also explain the dry eyes. 

I read somewhere that he already had corrective surgery done. Even the clinic was named. However the info came from Baidu, so I'm not sure how true it is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, callmegiggles said:

I call dibs on that Cutie reindeer with groovy dance moves.

Sigh....the enigma called Joo Won. Cute and Hawt, all in one. 

He's a natural when it comes to dancing. Not that he's a dancing machine(brings to mind, Yunho) or something but it's the way his body moves. I am one of those who's born with 2 left feet and after weeks of dance fitness classes, I realize my whole body has not one teeny weeny bit of groove in them. Yes, I can get the steps right and execute them but they just don't flow. It might pass in a pure aerobic kind of class but no chance in dance. Watching Joo Won move makes me slink to one corner. Those hips(must watch his Wonder Girls - Nobody)...how are they even connected to his body? 

• Like 4

In between cooking Christmas dinner, ironing, and doing all things to get ready for Christmas week, I'm finally done watching OB. It's a lovely and heart warming story (though I feel bad for Tae Pil and Imo-nim) that attempts to address the many issues facing an evolving S. Korean society. 

Joo Won has matured very nicely from then to now, and I feel he looks his best today, though he was very sweet in OB (but how could he not be? That cutie...). Pairing-wise, yes, Uee looks good with him (though I know next to nothing about her and cannot say I am sufficiently motivated to do a search or read up on her), but I think my favourite pairing is still with him and Kim Tae Hee. Perhaps cos I still prefer more mature pairings in dramas I watch and Uee with her big googly eyes just seemed too young then, and as much as Hwang Tae Hee was supposed to be 30, Joo Won looked equally young. I watched the show responding to their characters throughout as if they were both in their mid-20s only. 

Am still waiting for Joo Won to be in a role where his on-screen relationship is truly passionate, as what he always wants to portray. He's hotter than what his roles have allowed him to portray so far, methinks. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Am still waiting for Joo Won to be in a role where his on-screen relationship is truly passionate, as what he always wants to portray. He's hotter than what his roles have allowed him to portray so far, methinks. 

Exactly my prayers. The boy I first saw in 2012 has indeed matured nicely and I believe he can portray this kind of role very well with his masculinity. I also hope he can act in a drama or movie similar to his favourite Notebook movie. But such role requires a good script and pairing with a skilled actress. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic given the declining quality of kdramas in recent years. I have been thinking hard which kdrama role in recent years can bring out JW's hotness and intensity in a relationship (so Gakistal is out as its focus isn't on romance) but I can't seem to think of any. The best I can think of is the bad boy yet passionate character played by Jo In-Sung in "What happened in Bali" and Eric in "Que Sera Sera" but both are really old dramas that I doubt many have heard of. Hence Yongpal is really a wise pick by JW..hee.. 

• Like 7

Hope he's having a good Christmas away from home. I'd hate to be away from family on Christmas.

Has he had lasik done? Those glasses look like prescription, and I'd have to say, the shape of the frame doesn't look nice on him. I rather him not be in glasses too.

and when, oh when can we have some hot, steamy Joo Won. B) I rather think he rocks the 1930s Old Shanghai look very well... Oh yes. Lee Kang To hotness with YongPal passion please!

• Like 5

It's officially Christmas in the United States, although in other countries, it's no longer Christmas... lol.

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Let's hope next year is even a more wonderful year for Joo Won!

I am so glad to know you all and look forward to our future projects in support of Cutie! ;)

aXEP95E.jpg

Look what arrived from South Korea all the way to the United States, just in time for Christmas.
Merry Christmas to me. :w00t:

Spoiler

CxurDHD.jpg

• Like 9

Am watching (some on repeat) the YongPal BTS by the cutie sub team. :) Ahhhh... Y'know, the kisses are hotter in the BTS than after the edits for the actual screening... They shoulda just released the actual footage. Kekeke... He's just so giddy in love in YongPal. So different from his Hwang Tae Hee character with Baek Ja Eun.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Am watching (some on repeat) the YongPal BTS by the cutie sub team. :) Ahhhh... Y'know, the kisses are hotter in the BTS than after the edits for the actual screening... They shoulda just released the actual footage. Kekeke... He's just so giddy in love in YongPal. So different from his Hwang Tae Hee character with Baek Ja Eun.

Eh....was he acting differently as Tae Hyun who's passionate about love and as Tae Hee who's passionate in his own way but totally awkward. Or are you referring to Joo Won? 

He would never say the same of Kim Tae Hee what he said of Uee because the former is in a relationship. So, we'll never know. 

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Wow. Has anyone seen the lawsuit filed against dramacool/dramatv.tv??

Le sigh

• Like 1