Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

This shy vs introverted discussion...

Joo Won doesn't strike me as shy. He's confident and has the experience of someone who is constantly in the public eye. He might have been shy as a child/youth, but I doubt this is the case anymore. He is however introverted. You can tell from his body language. He is reticent and prefers quiet. Public engagements make him tired and while he can get energized through some of these fan meet activities, it generally tires him. You can read it in his body language. What energizes him are small group activities and work. 

I'm also introverted but I'm not shy. I speak in public engagements regularly. I also grew up doing musical theatre as a child (and stopped in my teens but continued with stage performances until uni). Can't be shy doing that. But crowds and throngs of people tire me. I don't like the visual buzz and a lot of sound (I frequently use earplugs to shut sound out). I don't really like meeting new people - there's always a small amount of anxiety and tension in the mind when I have to meet new people or attend unfamiliar functions: I play and replay the possible scenario in my head for weeks before it even happens. But once I'm there, I survive. Sometimes very well too. I act the part and flit through the room if I have to, but most of the time I just sit/stand and watch. Unless it's work, then I will have to schmooze. I sense the same vibes in Joo Won.

Concur with @gilaswan

Most tokki (rabbit) are introvert, prefers peaceful & quiet but not all are shy (I'm a tokki too). Joowon is a libra rabbit and I've read about his horoscope. The reason why he avoids conflict because he isn't judgmental and he is thoughtful about the feeling of others. I think Joowon is quite levelheaded and cool AND definitely someone who daydream about love all the time  :lol:

:wub:

• Like 6

Joo Won needs to have a cupboard full of just white shirts, like in TC. He looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts...

I'm at the midpoint of TC (Lesson 9) and I can totally see why the show didn't do well on traditional ratings but scored high on the internet platform. It's a very "coming of age" type of drama and I can see why the youth population who are used to the concept of "TV on the computer" would follow it. There should be some way for media industries to use these internet ratings to measure the success of a show.

About TC - why does Nae-Il start calling Yoo-Jin "Sunbae" instead of "Orabang" midway through the show? Nae-Il is cute, but not quite so as a romantic partner? The feeling I get between Yoo-Jin and Nae-II is more an oppa-dongsaeng type relationship. Am I the only one to have thought so?

• Like 6

Joo Won needs to have a cupboard full of just white shirts, like in TC. He looks absolutely gorgeous in white shirts...

I'm at the midpoint of TC (Lesson 9) and I can totally see why the show didn't do well on traditional ratings but scored high on the internet platform. It's a very "coming of age" type of drama and I can see why the youth population who are used to the concept of "TV on the computer" would follow it. There should be some way for media industries to use these internet ratings to measure the success of a show.

About TC - why does Nae-Il start calling Yoo-Jin "Sunbae" instead of "Orabang" midway through the show? Nae-Il is cute, but not quite so as a romantic partner? The feeling I get between Yoo-Jin and Nae-II is more an oppa-dongsaeng type relationship. Am I the only one to have thought so?

Nope.  That's very much so how I felt.  I am not having the swooning. :/  I thought the switch in address had something to do with how NaeIl was growing away from just mindlessly liking him, and viewing him as both her school sunbae, as well as someone she respected and had real feelings for.  Just my two cents though! :D

• Like 6

@yonaomi123 Hmmm... but at the same time, I feel like smacking Yoo-Jin on the head too. Hahahaha... Stubborn boy. Tsk. Maybe this Oppa-Dongsaeng relationship sorta works cos they're supposed to be very young still. 23 and 21. So can't have that swoony-type relationship we saw in YongPal. It's quite the teen-type drama actually... 

• Like 5

I didn't find their romance "swoony" in the grand romance sense, but warm and comfortable, which was really nice change of pace. I think Javabeans said it in her recaps, Yoo Jin and Nae Il eventually came to feel like a married couple who skipped the dating part. To me, Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il seemed like two souls that needed and understood each other. It felt comfortable and sweet.

There weren't big swoons, but lots of very cute moments between them. All of YooJin's little smiles at her idiosyncracies, him finding her and applying antiseptic to her injured finger, dress shopping, him asking who's side she'd take if he got into a fight with Yoon Hoo, etc.

But him basically demanding she pay very close attention to his concert was a little swoony.

I also felt that her getting scared at moments of real intimacy to feel very true-to-life in a crush situation-- like when she came inches away from his lips while he was sleeping, or when she got spooked as they stared in each other's eyes while listening to Rachmaninoff. She had a school girl crush, but when it got more real, she freaked. I've been there.

@gilaswan

My understanding was that Nae Il stopped calling him orabang when she realized she was being too childish. IRC, it roughly coincided with her not following him around like a puppy ("You don't like it, so I won't do it any more."). Switching to "sunbae" seemed like an attempt to reset their relationship and to relate to him in a more normal sense, and not just as a love-crazed stalker. Personally, the moment she stopped calling him "Orabang" is a marker for when the writer got the tone of the show under control. She was less cartoony, and more real and layered.

Edited by ameliabedelia_stv
  • Like 11

For all my grand talk of stalking, I think most of it is in my imagination. 

When JW was in town, I could have dropped everything and stalked him. But I didn't, I completed my work for the day. In between, I waited for him outside the Press Con venue. All that time, I was telling @gilaswan that I can't believe I am doing such things. And there's no fangirls there except me and a couple of others. I felt myself turning red just sitting on the hotel sofa.

Later, when I saw the crowd in Suntec, I really could n't make myself sit down in the designated area even if I could. I couldn't even stand in one spot. I was constantly walking around. 

Last year in Seoul, I went to watch Joo Won in GHOST 3 times. I had a week there but not to stalk him. So I didn't spend my day waiting for him to arrive(which could be way earlier than showtime). I only waited for him after the show and that wouldn't take more than 15 minutes. In my case, I missed him completely because he didn't come down the escalator to meet fans after the show that week. His manager Jaecheon came down each time to inform us. He's a sweetie but not who I wanted to see. 

So, this drawing captures the fangirl I am not. 

Ghost%20fanaccount%20fanart_zpst2akphrm.

• Like 11

An FYI, Joo Won will be on SBS Cult Two radio show today for the promotion of "That Guy" movie. I just love to hear Joo Won's on air - very mesmerising!!!

I don't have the links for the radio show which we can hear live. It should be starting in 15 minutes or so I think.

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1445221074999903008

• Like 8

I post @bjvipb2uty awesome Alice in Wonderland posts on JWCIFC blog

by @bjvipb2uty

1893425237_c7c7cc40_image

Preface by @mrdimples

Before Yong Pal aired, I translated a synopsis on Chinese Baidu which was translated from SBS official page for the drama. Here's the excerpt:  

Although Chief Surgeon Lee witnessed the police chasing after Yong Pal and discovered Yong Pal/Tae Hyun’s real identity, he saved him instead.

Because Chief Lee has some other motives up his sleeves….so our Tae Hyun has become “Alice”, dragged by Chief Lee into the trickery that is happening in the weird world on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital.

This didn't cross my mind again until our Korean translator brought it up. I told her about the mixed reactions international viewers have towards to change in plot from action for the first 6 episodes to a revenge driven story line in a bizarre chaebol world. She pointed out that it has always been in the synopsis from Day 1 and the reference to Tae Hyun as "Alice" in <Alice In Wonderland>. 

@bjvip2uty on soompi Yong Pal thread did a marvelous job in penning down the symbols and inferences found in <Alice In Wonderland> and its sequel <Through The Looking Glass> and their relation to Yong Pal.

to continue, go here >>>>http://wp.me/p3RiIO-131

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 6

Err... not sure if anyone has mentioned this before on the YongPal thread... but YooJin's family home is YeoJin's family home too? This is the guesthouse wing where TaeHyun stayed at before their (and we assume in our fandom that it did happen) wedding...

TC.jpg

YooJin...YeoJin... maybe they're related. Hahaha...

Or maybe there just aren't enough shooting locations in Seoul. Kekekeke...

• Like 10

<comic deleted because... soompi rules? :P>

THIS IS SO HILARIOUS hahahaa you're amazing!!!

I vote for @mrdimples to do a fangirl fandom comic strip series! You draw so well!!! I'm sure with all the stories we share with you, you could sustain a good following for a web comic! :D

• Like 6

<comic deleted because... soompi rules? :P>

THIS IS SO HILARIOUS hahahaa you're amazing!!!

I vote for @mrdimples to do a fangirl fandom comic strip series! You draw so well!!! I'm sure with all the stories we share with you, you could sustain a good following for a web comic! :D

Thank you, thank you....I would if I have time :D 

• Like 5

I can see some media play happening on Naver. At the time when the radio show is going on, we see some news to deviate interest. I see this is really sad from the agency point of view. This ain't cool talent agencies!!!! Really this is so frustrating :o

Edited by simplydramafied1082
  • Like 4

source: http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201510191537022562352_2

Joo Won tried hard for kiss scenes

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20151019

Actor Joo Won talked about his kiss scenes with actress Kim Tae-hee in the recently concluded drama “Yong-pal,” in an SBS radio broadcast Monday. 

Joo appeared as a guest for SBS’ “Cultwo Show” hosted by Jung Chan-woo and Kim Tae-gyun. 

“There were a lot of kiss scenes in the drama. My fans told me that I got better each time,” said Joo during the show. 

He also noted that he had to work on making the scene look more interesting and fresh every time. “I tried to tilt my head the other way around or to calm down before each scene,” said Joo. 

Meanwhile, the thriller movie “That Guy,” starring Joo, is set to premiere on Oct. 28. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 5

I can see some media play happening on Naver. At the time when the radio show is going on, we see some news to deviate interest. I see this is really sad from the agency point of view. Better luck next time talent agencies. Really this is so frustrating :o

why agency?