Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@gilaswan here's the Win Win portion @ecs707a was referring to. Watch from 4:00 onwards(the beginning is really funny though, actually you should just watch the whole thing. This Win Win is a must watch for Joo Won fans)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5ezHGr9fXf9HK3ARLP

thanks for the link!! does anyone know where i can watch the full ep subbed? (: i think kshowonline had it but the second half is spoit or something! ):

Joowon speaks English~ He actually has good pronunciation when he speaks English. Like a natural~ But he just rarely speak it.

He's wearing Yongpal's clothes! Gosh, he did a lot of interviews when he's shooting this episode of Yongpal. He did an interview for his new movie That Guy and now this. A lot of people must have been going in and out of the Yongpal filming set that day.

• Like 4

@mrdimples I think in the Korean culture, because of the widespread use of familial terms in daily living, you get this sense that older men will see it as their responsibility to take care of younger men too, like a brother. Hence when they find Joo Won "cute", its cos you find your younger brother adorable. Maybe not so much in the culture we are familiar with, but I do find that increasingly so among the younger generations here too. My male students interestingly love children and many tell me they want to become fathers. Can't imagine any of my peers talking like this years ago. :P 

The videos are so warm though. I find what these seniors say about Joo Won so nice. And they are so sincere about it too. Joo Won's like a "man's man" - men like him and want to hang out with him. 

• Like 7

I watch episode 1 good doctor now after I finished repeat Gaksital and Yong Pal..:phew:

Then Wow amazing acting again..the face ..omg..I think may be writer make this inspiration from Good doctor to make Yong Pal..I hope so much in episode 1 good doctor please change to yong pal..ops...

I ready to watch all episode good doctor..:wub:

• Like 1

Korean Actor Joo Won: “I Was Literally Driving Into A Wall.”

The life of an actor is not all peaches and cream. They may be racking in big money, but there’s a price to pay for it. For some actors, it means putting their lives in danger by filming dangerous scenes. Joo Won is one such actor.

When The Gang Doctor star was in Singapore last week, he revealed to the media that he had to film a lot of difficult scenes for the drama. He said, “In the beginning, there were a lot of action scenes. Some of the things I had to do included chasing a car, jumping off the bridge, and filming in the water.”

But he reckoned one of the most dangerous scenes was one where he had to drive recklessly – with a blocked view. “There was a scene where I had to drive on the streets very furiously. There were cameras [mounted] on the windshield and … they were blocking my view. I was literally driving into a wall.”

Before you wonder if he acted as a gangster in the drama, the answer is no. Joo Won played the character of Kim Taehyun, a mercenary doctor who would go to extreme lengths to raise money for his younger sister’s surgery, including treating patients (triad members and criminals) illegally.

Hold up. Joo Won as a doctor? If you’re wondering whether you’ve watched the drama two years ago, we don’t blame you. After all, it is his second time playing the role of a medical practitioner. In 2013, he took on the lead role in Good Doctor, where he played an autistic savant with superior medical knowledge and skills.

He might be acting in one medical drama after another, but he’s not worried that viewers will have problems distinguishing the two dramas. He said, “Good Doctor was a very different drama from The Gang Doctor because it was very pure, innocent and community-focused rather than focusing on entertainment value.”

He added, “The characters are also very different, so I wasn’t worried about distinguishing them. In Good Doctor, I played an autistic kid who had difficulty in terms of intelligence level because he’s mentally stuck at 10, but very knowledgeable in medicine, so he was a very special character. On the other hand, Taehyun is very rough, strong and thick-skinned, but is also a firm advocate of justice.”

Good Doctor received rave reviews when it was aired two years ago, but that wasn’t enough an encouragement for Joo Won to act in another medical drama. In fact, he was initially against the idea, but changed his mind after reading about Taehyun’s character. “The two characters were so different that it changed my mind about never doing a medical drama after Good Doctor. I had so much difficulty memorising the medical terms, so I thought I would never do another medical drama, but there I was, back to being a doctor again.”

Joo Won lost seven kilograms while filming The Gang Doctor – and it wasn’t because he set out to lose the pounds. Rather, it was due to his hectic schedule. However, he said that he has since gained back the weight. “When I’m filming, it’s difficult to eat and sleep. Even though I’m now eating the same amount of food as I ate during filming, I’m less active so that’s probably why I gained a little weight. I’m trying to control my diet right now. After filming wrapped up, the sense of accomplishment that it’s over and I can finally rest makes me a lot calmer. It makes me feel empty at times, but I feel that I’m becoming my healthy self again.”

By the end of the press conference, we were pretty much convinced that Joo Won is the epitome of the perfect man – good-looking, polite and eloquent. After all, he fielded all questions smoothly – except for one. When asked what advice he would give to his younger self, he pondered for a long time before replying, “I should have enjoyed the [2002] World Cup a lot more.”

9Q7kmN0.gif

- See more at: http://www.cleo.com.sg/guys/hot-boys/korean-actor-joo-won-“i-was-literally-driving-wall”#sthash.KPd2We9p.dpuf

@gilaswan did you notice his hands? 

• Like 13

Joowon speaks English~ He actually has good pronunciation when he speaks English. Like a natural~ But he just rarely speak it.

Can't really tell if he speaks English fluently - are there other clips of him interacting in or speaking a greater length of text in English? But just from this little bit, he does seem to have a "neutral" English accent, i.e. not heavily Korean accented. Nice. :)

@mrdimples: What about his hands? Are you asking me if I saw him do this? That was before I took out my phone and decided to record his answer to "advice for your 15 year old self". I was just staring at him and looking at how he was simply adorable in the way he laughed when he heard that question. He was all "Oh goodness, that's like what? 14 years ago? Wow... I need to think..." I think his point in his advice was to tell his 15 year old self that it's alright to live a little. :) He's so sweetie... Ah. I want a dongsaeng like that too. I can totally understand why his seniors like him so much. 

• Like 8

Can't really tell if he speaks English fluently - are there other clips of him interacting in or speaking a greater length of text in English? But just from this little bit, he does seem to have a "neutral" English accent, i.e. not heavily Korean accented. Nice. :)

You can hear he speaks English in the final episode of Tomorrow Cantabile. About 4 to 5 lines? And I think he sounds pretty good :)

• Like 5

@mrdimples: What about his hands? Are you asking me if I saw him do this? That was before I took out my phone and decided to record his answer to "advice for your 15 year old self". I was just staring at him and looking at how he was simply adorable in the way he laughed when he heard that question. He was all "Oh goodness, that's like what? 14 years ago? Wow... I need to think..." I think his point in his advice was to tell his 15 year old self that it's alright to live a little. :) He's so sweetie... Ah. I want a dongsaeng like that too. I can totally understand why his seniors like him so much. 

From what I have seen,he cannot speak fluently but he understands.I believe.On one ep of 1n2d which was 2 or 3 years ago, he was paired up with US born Korean.They were funny pair as JW spoke in mixture of English and Korean while that guy spoke in English.He usually used one key word to explain that guy. Eg: for introduction,he said introduce.

I think JW know a lot of vocabularies as a non-english speaker but he might have problem creating sentences,hence unable to present his thought. 

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 7

You can hear he speaks English in the final episode of Tomorrow Cantabile. About 4 to 5 lines? And I think he sounds pretty good :)

Looks like that's my next "to watch" after I'm done with Good Doctor. Heh heh heh...

• Like 5

From what I have seen,he cannot speak fluently but he understands.I believe.On one ep of 1n2d which was 2 or 3 years ago, he was paired up with US born Korean.They were funny pair as JW spoke in mixture of English and Korean while that guy spoke in English.He usually used one key word to explain that guy. Eg: for introduction,he said introduce.

I think JW know a lot of vocabularies as a non-english speaker but he might have problem creating sentences,hence unable to present his thought. 

LOL! Yeah~ His vocabulary for English is just like mine for Korean. He definitely cant speak fluently, but I love how he speaks them, even when scripted. His accent isnt too strong, and he speaks it softly in a low tone. I love his conversation in English in Naeil Cantabile! He sounds very nice indeed. :D

• Like 6