Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Finaaaaaally! Soompi's been acting out on me the past few days. 

First, yay for guestings!! What's the format of healing camp? Is it like win win? Or more of sketchbook? Anyway, I'm just glad that we'll be seeing more of him in the coming days! 

Next, omg lucky fans in Indonesia!!!! You have got to make your fanaccount and share it okay? Cutie looked sooooo awesome! And shocked at the large crowd! I'm sooooo happy that Yongpal brought Joo Won more fans to know of his awesomeness. And I'm hoping with Healing Camp, more will be amazed at his singing skills and personality. 

Third, I think we already expected that he won't win in the Korea Drama Awards right seeing that he's out of the country at the time of awarding. Some award shows lately tend to be more 'political' and popularity-based so it's not really a great gauge for how well one acted or performed one's character. Like what @coolreborn and I was talking about, the PD Awards which Cutie won before seems more meaningful than other awards. 

Lastly, @mrdimples (hey you resurfaced! Yay!), @rionae @farbarri @ctfrsgp and everyone else who will be in Singapore to meet Cutie, share your stories okay??? And enjoy your 'date with Joo Won'!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ 

I miss our Cutie! Huuuuuuuu! I wanna go back to Korea or maybe he should come here too? 

• Like 5

@ecs707a: Nope. YongPal is the first of his shows I've watched. A lot of people recommend Gaksital, but it looks like the kind of story that will have you stabbing yourself over multiple times. Hahaha... I don't particularly enjoy shows where there's a lot of grief and angst. I rather like shows like Healer, YongPal, Pinocchio, School 2013 - those sorts. Social dramas. 

Well, there is grief and angst in Gaksital.  It's worth it, though!  If you really can't, I'd say try Cantabile, Ojakgyo, or Good Doctor.  Ojakgyo is long, and there are angsty parts, but there's a nice balance between angst and cute throughout, with all the brothers and their separate storylines.  But 58 episodes.  So there's that.

Cantabile is more slice-of-life.  I guess it'd be classified as rom-com, but I have my doubts because I almost never like rom-coms and don't usually find them funny, lol.  This is funny, but it kept some of the manga-esque humor, so it feels less like a typical rom-com.  It has so many lovable characters, and it's so very pretty.  It's not perfect - I was never a fan of the pointless "love triangle", even though I liked the other guy's character when they gave him more interesting things to do than just needle Yoo Jin.  And the music is another strong point.  Aaah.  Am I trying to talk myself into rewatching this?  Haha.

Pretty:

DFOGLGj.jpg

IX2pO8S.jpg6bwEYSw.jpg

Preettty.  Oh yes.

ZhMazfj.jpg

Anyway, my third favorite of his dramas. :)  

Good Doctor was...good.  But I can't say I really loved it either.  It was a little too after school special for me.  But it's very sweet and nice and the acting is good and it has my favorite cameo ever, so...

In Good Doctor he was (as aslways ?) brilliant, and I enjoyed the drama during his airing, but not at the same level of Gaksital, story was more "simple". Very original plot, admirably acted by leads, but side lines were often boring for me (hospital fights). And I was part of those who didn't understand the story line. Again. Maybe I have a problem in storyline in kdrama, i often don't understand how i could believe they love each other... one of them ok, but reciprocity often not. It was the same for Yong pal.

I've only let Baker king aside until now, because I reserved this one for his missing period (army....). the fact that KBS is uploading it  confirms my choice.

I guess I'm agreeing with @ophris, haha.  @ophris!  You must watch Baker King!  You can wait until he leaves, but you must.  :D   And I envy you, since the only thing I would have left to claim that I'm "saving" for the military service dry spell is the second half of Level 7.   Ugh.  Hopefully he does a bunch of projects and they come out after he goes, so it won't be so bad.

• Like 8

@ecs707a

You haven't finished the drama we musn't name ! Ha, it was the time after gaksital,  during summer I was rebuted by numbers of episodes in OB, so i've endured this one! I was eager to watch him so the 'strangeness' of this drama didn't prévent me to admire him... 

For GD, i've still mixed feeling. It's in my laptop but I didn't watch it à second time. As a said I couldn't understand how the héroïne could have fallen in love. And it was because JW'S acting, he was too childish to awake love feeling in me. But he broke my heart a couple of time as always.

I remember that I have to watch don't click too...

• Like 6

Joo Won and Park Hye Soo Interview

JW : The fans in Indonesia is very anthusiastic, and the weather in Indonesia is my favorite. I am so happy to visit Indonesia, and thanks for the warm welcome at airport last night.

JW :  My character in Yong Pal is the most memorable , cuz of the different plot frm the other dramas. I didn't expect that YongPal would be a hit in Korea and Indonesia when i firat read the drama script.

PHS : This is my first drama, and very proud to be a part of a hit drama like Yong Pal

Q : How's working with your co star Kim Taehee?

JW : Kim Tae hee is very beautiful inside and out

Q : Was there any funny momoent during filming Yong Pal ?

JW : There was a day where i should carry Kim Taehee for a whole day during filming

PHS : I can't hold my laugh during a serious scene lol

Q : How does it feel to work together?

PHS : I am very thankful for the guidance joowon gave me

Q: would you like to release an album?

PHS : I would probably sing an OST

JW : No thought for a solo album yet, but maybe yes for OST

Q : Next role ?

JW : I would like to try to act as a common guy who could make viewers happy

PHS : I would like to try to act as a cheerful teenager, unlike her character in Yong Pal

JW : I knew Yannie Kim is an actress from Indonesia, working with her is very interesting

PHS : I am very nervous right now, and thank you for coming

JW : Most memorable role to date is Kim Tae Hyun from The Gang Doctor

PHS : It's been magical moving from her experience in K-Pop Star 4 to being in The Gang Doctor

Credit : ONE TV ASIA

• Like 6

He's so casually dressed in Jakarta. I wonder if he would be more dressed up in Singapore though, considering there's a fairly sizeable Korean community here who would turn up. I reckon they would expect differently.

I've started watching Good Doctor as a comparison against YongPal - first episode and JooWon's acting floors me. I'm not so much looking at the storyline for now, but I do encounter persons with ASD (Autisim Spectrum Disorder) in my work and am really watching how he portrays such a character. JooWon is so sweet in the show... 

• Like 8

I didn't realize this until just now... Joo Won is like an idol. :D  Everywhere he goes, there are fans just waiting to flail about in happiness.  @badsmuler those pics are amazing!!

@yonaomi123...

No wonder JW was said that Indonesian fans are very enthusiastic... :wub::wub:

I don't know exactly what time JW was arrived at the airport but those fans had already waited for him since 3 a.m and not all of them live in Jakarta... !!!!!

The event itself actually for 300 lucky fans but as you can see, thousands people was there... :w00t: Thats why most fans said JW should do her own fans meeting in Indonesia soon... :wub:

The fans were singing him " Happy B-Day " and prepared birthday cake too...

CQ1zBMNW8AAR29E_zpsmb1r7dwu.jpg

Credit to owner

UP DATE :

JW was already arrived at Changi airport, Singapore via VIP Exit...extremely tight security...fans can't record too... :vicx:

CQ7jd_VUcAAW1w8_zpsle802cxc.jpg

CQ7je3IVAAASrHp_zpsknbvercr.jpg

Credit to owners

I will leave JW's reports to Singapore fans now...please support him more...bye...love you all chinggus... :wub::wub:

Edited by badsmuler
  • Like 7

What a day it has been! Joo Won is seriously very good looking in person and very tall! He's got a seriously charming and unassuming air about him that's very endearing and genuine. He did look very tired though... Will give a proper update later after I've updated my OS... :P

• Like 12

Just came back from the fanmeet :)  it was very very crowded . I went 3hrs earlier ,I was quite confident that I could see and take picture of joowon to share. but when joowon arrived the situation went chaos all I see was the back heads of other people :((((  I moved to level 2(no space for me to stand) then to level 1 again, then finally to level 3 . the screams there were deafening . oh and there were fans ranging from a 5 year old girl to an old uncle! Still can't believe that I saw joowon in real lifeee :w00t:   joowon is really really tall! When I was at level 2 I could not even see park hye su's head(I was standing facing the back of the stage) but I can see joowon head very clearly :vicx: (sorry park hye soo fans not saying she is short but ya) 

• Like 10

Joo Won's press conference for Yong Pal in Singapore, hosted by ONE TV Asia @ Grand Park Hotel, Singapore on 10 Oct 2015 @ 1445h

Joo Won's press conference to promote Yong Pal with ONE TV Asia was held in a private dining room within Mitzo Restaurant & Bar. The room had been cleared of its tables and in their place a small stage was set up with the ONE TV Asia Yong Pal backdrop. There were an estimated 40-50 people in the room, mostly from the press with some from ONE TV Asia's media partners such as Starhub and Singtel.

At 3pm, Joo Won arrived through a side door to the room (one wonders if that door actually led to the stair well or some service passage because it was essentially the "exit" from the room) with Park Hye Soo, their interpreter (who was very pretty!) and ONE TV Asia's host for the afternoon. The session started with the usual pleasantries - it was his first trip to Singapore apparently, and Park Hye Soo's second (she had visited with her family before). The opening question was directed at Joo Won, asking him about how he had found the filming experience for Yong Pal and if he could identify the most difficult scene that he filmed, what it would be. He said that there were so many scenes that were challenging, particularly when at the beginning of filming, he was in almost 55 out of 60 scenes that had to be shot. In addition, there were more action scenes at the start of the drama, and naturally those took more effort to shoot. However, Joo Won added that if he had to choose a scene, it would have to be a driving scene where there were multiple cameras attached to the car he had to drive. The cameras actually obstructed his view, so it was very difficult to film the car chase scenes. The host also asked the all important question about how well Joo Won was resting now that the drama is over, after all, everyone knew about him having lost 7kg during the filming of Yong Pal. Joo Won laughed at the question and assured the press that he always regains the wait he loses, particular because following the end of filming, he becomes less active and gaining weight becomes easy; he was now watching his diet.

Then the host asked questions that had been earlier submitted by members of the media. I didn't manage to record every question asked, nor did I record everything he said for the clips I recorded - I spent more time looking at Joo Won instead. Hahaha... I did capture the interpreter's portions though, so that no one has to attempt a sub on this one. :)

Joo Won was asked about how it was acting with Park Hye Soo in the drama 

Qn: what advice would you give your 15-year-old self?

This was cute. Just before I captured this portion, Joo Won was all, "Hmmm... ah... gawsh... that was some 14 years ago now! I need to think..." 

Joo Won was asked how he felt about taking up another medical drama 

Joo Won's parting words to Singapore Media

Joo Won really looks good in person - photos do him no justice. He is as tall as his bio states him to be and as cute as all of us imagine he is. I'm not sure if his basic personality is one that is relatively low in energy, but I did get the impression that he was tired. Despite apparent fatigue, he maintained a sincere and unassuming disposition which was absolutely charming. In all a very nice way to have spent my afternoon.

• Like 16

Hi hi guys, I just came back from the fan meet! :) It was an awesome experience! :D Haha I arrived 3 hours earlier to the starting time same as @mel1004 and was surprised to see many people waiting there already! :o It was good though, shows that many fans are willing to wait for him and support him! When he appeared, he waved to everyone, quite an unique way to wave, both hands waving then his head look down afterwards, still while waving, hehe so cute. He appeared to me as a shy guy with a cute voice, not sure if he is tired or just a bit shy. Haha I love his voice! Park Hye Soo came out first to sing and introduce herself. She was asked some questions like how was Singapore and stuff I couldn't remember, sorry! She was really cute on stage too! Then Joo Won came out while she went to take a break. He was asked questions like if the personality Kim Tae Hyun has in the drama yongpal is similar to his, then he replied that they are similar in terms of responsibilities. Also, he was asked about romantic/memorable moments with Kim Tae Hee. He replied and said, rather than romantic moments, there was a moment whereby he fell asleep on one of the beds in the hospital besides Kim Tae Hee and snored, which was quite embarrassing to him. Haha. He played 3 simple games I guess? with 3 really lucky fans! I think it's the same as Indonesia's fan meet, the one to hug, stare at him or take selfie with him part. He was also concerned about us fans, telling us to go home safe and he feel bad for those who started waiting since morning. Yup, that's about it, my experience in Singapore fan meet. :) 

• Like 16