Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

After being bitten by the "JooWon bug" following YongPal, what's a good follow-up JooWon drama to watch? Recommendations please! (I need a good show to watch and nothing's catching my attention after YongPal. Bar has been set too high!) 감사합니다!

i would recommend Ojakgyo Brothers which is my all time fave bcoz Tae-Hee is my true first love as most ppl here in this thread already know, and Good Doctor too. My 3rd fave is Naeril's Cantabile despite what the criticisms most ppl have for it.

• Like 5

@ecs707a: Nope. YongPal is the first of his shows I've watched. A lot of people recommend Gaksital, but it looks like the kind of story that will have you stabbing yourself over multiple times. Hahaha... I don't particularly enjoy shows where there's a lot of grief and angst. I rather like shows like Healer, YongPal, Pinocchio, School 2013 - those sorts. Social dramas. 

Yong Pal also my first drama I watch and know Joo Won..Just try Gaksital..Believe me..U will become me didnt sleep to watch this drama...:w00t:...The drama you will say wow and same with style of Yong Pal...

U will screaming when Joo Won become Gaksital...I be proud fan Lee Kang to this drama..

• Like 3

Guest pris0980

@ecs707a: Nope. YongPal is the first of his shows I've watched. A lot of people recommend Gaksital, but it looks like the kind of story that will have you stabbing yourself over multiple times. Hahaha... I don't particularly enjoy shows where there's a lot of grief and angst. I rather like shows like Healer, YongPal, Pinocchio, School 2013 - those sorts. Social dramas. 

why not many have mentioned Good Doctor? I love that show! Or maybe because i love medical drama...Probably Gaksital has set the level too high...

why not many have mentioned Good Doctor? I love that show! Or maybe because i love medical drama...Probably Gaksital has set the level too high...

i saw a few videos from good doctor i think it's got a lot of potential, definitely gonna start watching it after my exams hehehe

• Like 4

i saw a few videos from good doctor i think it's got a lot of potential, definitely gonna start watching it after my exams hehehe

Oh yes... let us get through exams first. *groan* I'm trying to get through some papers now and I feel like stabbing myself repeatedly. Dr Kim ah~ 어디세요? 빨리 와세요!

• Like 4

Talking about gaksital and if someone should watch it is always triggering with me !!!

As for @ecs707a it's my first drama with Joo Won, where he was excellent, and where the story was consistent, with many interesting side characters. I totally cracked for him with some fighting, crying, loving scenes, where his talent could be expressed. Bref, I think a Joo won's fan should watch it, in spite of the tone of the drama.

In Good Doctor he was (as aslways ?) brilliant, and I enjoyed the drama during his airing, but not at the same level of Gaksital, story was more "simple". Very original plot, admirably acted by leads, but side lines were often boring for me (hospital fights). And I was part of those who didn't understand the story line. Again. Maybe I have a problem in storyline in kdrama, i often don't understand how i could believe they love each other... one of them ok, but reciprocity often not. It was the same for Yong pal.

I've only let Baker king aside until now, because I reserved this one for his missing period (army....). the fact that KBS is uploading it  confirms my choice.

Edited by ophris
  • Like 6

I just finished watched Gaksital 28 episode just 3 days...Oh my I love this drama  so much:wub:

This drama have everything.How can Joo Won have all drama so logic ,reaslistic and consitent..Thank God I know Joo Won from Yong Pal now I love more from Gaksital drama...

I didnt sleep and eat just to watch all episode..This drama also I didnt skip any scene..So imagine I watch for all 3 days..:w00t:

So now just 2 dramas I follow all episode..Good Doctore will be next drama .but need to rest before watch..Because I want to rewatch again Gaksital...:phew:.

I glad be fan Joo Won..7.00 am we will look Jo Won in indonesia.Now I feel bad because didnt buy flight to go Indonesia and Singapore..I want screaming name Joo Won..:w00t:

Edited by shynaz
  • Like 5

I'm glad Joowon gets to see all the fans he has. It looks crowded in those pictures! 

@gilaswan I am like you in regards to kdrama preferences. When I marathoned JW's works I kept pushing Gaksital back. I had read the plot and it was far from what I considered 'my thing.' Until one day I sat down to watch. WOW! I was blown away. Gaksital has a lot of heart. The dialogues are wonderful and they tackle a great dilemma in regards to fighting for freedom in that time period for SK. 

Good Doctor was heartwarming. It was unique. And I absolutely adore Cantabile. ^-^ Your choice~~

• Like 10

Guest fiona1111

Hi everybody! Just an update for the Yong-Pal Director's Cut DVD, I am confused now but apparently efforts to have it produced are still ongoing. For now, the best thing we could do is maybe come up with a concrete survey of demand for the DVD. So for the people interested in buying the DVD when it comes out, could you PM me your name, email and country so that I could make a list? Thank you so much! :) 

Hello all~! I'm new here ^_^ Does anybody know what time Joo won will be arriving SG? I'm guessing 11:20 via Garuda?

We are still unsure about that.Our guess is around 8am-10am. :)

Hello Ma OO~ I'll most probably b going to the airport to see Joowon. Will check for new update! ^_^ 

• Like 2

I didn't realize this until just now... Joo Won is like an idol. :D  Everywhere he goes, there are fans just waiting to flail about in happiness.  @badsmuler those pics are amazing!!

I think he get more popularity from Yong Pal..The fan is increase so much include myself..I know new fan just want to watch old drama Joo Wonn

From me my opinion Gaksital is the most Joo Won excelent drama from Kbs...but Yong Pal from SBS make Joo Won idol and increase the popularity Joo Won among international fans..

Edited by shynaz
  • Like 5

I just look instragrm JooWon indonesia...

So lucky Indonesia fans..He is give too much to fans..with smile..funny handsome and tall...love all screaming call him oppa:wub:I love more fan more become fan Jo Won..He deserve all this..

I just realised its Joo Won in Indonesia..Not Yong Pal ..Lee Kang to or good doctore..how he can change personality or character so much and fast...Salute Joo Won so much all this diferent...

Edited by shynaz
  • Like 4