i sungan i sungan
모든건운명처럼 흘러가는 거야
modeun geon unmyeong cheoreom heulleo ganeun geoya

아직도 가야 할 길이
ajikdo gaya hal gili
끝없이 펼쳐져 있잖아
Kkeut eobsi pyeolchyeojyeo itjanha
우리의 전부를 걸고 가보는거야 (전부를~)
uriui jeonbureul geolgo gaboneun geoya (jeonbureul~)

내 곁에 니가 있는 한
nae gyeote niga itneun han
두려울 것 하나 없어 난
duryeoul geot hana eobseo nan
행복한 순간 목표만 채워져갈거야 (행복해~)
haengbokhan sungan mokpyoman chaewojyeo galgeoya (haengbokhae~)

난 운명 같은 건 믿지 않았는데
nan unmyeong gateun geon mitji anhatneundae
상상조차 할 수 없던 믿기 힘든 일이
sangsangjocha hal su eobtdeon mitgi himdeun ili
니가 내 삶에 들어온 순간 일어났지
niga nae salme deuleo on sungan ileonatji
너와 함께 있을 땐 모든게 편안해져
neowa hamkke isseul ttaen modeunge pyeonanhaejyeo
더 많은 날들이 우릴 기다려
deo manheun naldeuli uril gidaryeo
넌 내 운명 같은 존재
neon nae unmyeong gateun jonjae
우린 영원히 함께해
urin yeongwonhi hamkkehae

이 순간 이 순간
i sungan i sungan
우리가 기다려온
uriga gidaryeo-on
이 순간에 모든걸 맡기고 느껴봐
i sungane modeun geol matgigo neukkyeobwa
이 순간 우리가 꿈꿔왔던
i sungan uriga kkumkkwo watdeon
그 모든걸 이룰 기회가 왔어 즐겨봐
geu modeungeol irul gihoega wasseo jeulgyeobwa
이 순간 이 순간
i sungan i sungan

[Translation]

Here right now, here right now
This is what we’re waiting for
This is when we give into the moment and let go
Here right now, this is what we’re dreaming of
The chance for all that has come, let it flow

This is where we’ll make the life that we want
Everything is passing like it’s destiny

Stretching endlessly,
There is still a long way that we have to go
We’ll try betting with everything we have (everything~)

As long as you are beside me
There is nothing that I’m afraid of
We’re going to fill our goal with only happy moments (happiness~)

I don’t believe in things like destiny
This is so unbelievable that I can’t even imagine it
The moment you enter my life, I awake
When I’m with you, everything is right
And many more days are waiting for us
You are a destiny-like existence to me
We are going to be together forever

This is what we’re waiting for
This is when we give into the moment and let go
Here right now, this is what we’re dreaming of
The chance for all that has come, let it flow

Translation & Romanization: rionae
https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/lyrics-musical-ghost-here-right-now/

Edited by rionae
  • Like 5

@rionae how did you find this ????

It was really strange but very pleasant to hear a french comment watching a video about JW ! No distraction because of the subtitles, only satre at him. Look, it was a long time, but the little smirk appeared again on my face...

• Like 3

Hi guys!

I don't see some of you in the other thread for Yong Pal,so I am wondering if you guys know there is thread for JW's new drama or not.

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/348090-upcoming-drama-2015-yong-pal-용팔이-joo-won-kim-tae-hee-jo-hyun-jae-chae-jung-an-jung-woong-in-confirmed/?page=6

Let's support Joo Won okay?  

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 4

Than you @rionae ! Good way to close the day of work . But it's really hot in France now, I don't need to see JW-Kang To...

@ma oo i'm waiting the airing to join you, but I'll be there !

• Like 3

A few seconds of Joo Won's rehearsal at the Gwangju Universiade.

cr: jcafeonly

Hahahaha I thought he was wearing some astronaut suit :w00t:

Opening is tomorrow! Hope to be able to see video of his performance.

• Like 6

Okay, so if anyone else was thoroughly confused like I was...read the wiki for 2015 Summer Universiade

I know it's been on his schedule for weeks, and I had no idea what it meant.  I thought, naively, that once it happened and there were photos, it would all make sense.  But no.  No no no.  Those photos did nothing to clarify.  Haha.  But I get it now.  (Am I the only one who's never even heard of this event before??)

Edit:  Oh my god.  This video is my new favorite thing ever.  Hahaha.  So absurd.  So shiny.

Edited by ecs707a

Joo Won's cut

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2WGZiI3l3Q058bSekH

cr: JWDC

Okay, so if anyone else was thoroughly confused like I was...read the wiki for 2015 Summer Universiade

I know it's been on his schedule for weeks, and I had no idea what it meant.  I thought, naively, that once it happened and there were photos, it would all make sense.  But no.  No no no.  Those photos did nothing to clarify.  Haha.  But I get it now.  (Am I the only one who's never even heard of this event before??)

Edit:  Oh my god.  This video is my new favorite thing ever.  Hahaha.  So absurd.  So shiny.

Haha, you're not the only one. I've not heard of 'universiade' too. Before yesterday, I thought it was just some university event and wondered why was he participating since he's not their alumni. But it turned out to be such a big scale international event xD

Shiny martian prince? Hehe.

• Like 2

Joo Won's cut

Haha, you're not the only one. I've not heard of 'universiade' too. Before yesterday, I thought it was just some university event and wondered why was he participating since he's not their alumni. But it turned out to be such a big scale international event xD

Haha. Me three~ Never thought universaide was such a huge event!! I knew a friend's friend's friend when to universaide for Taekwondo but I didn't think it was this large of a scale event!! haha. But it was was good to relive JooWon's musical moment even for a short barely-2 minute singing stint!! I miss it! T__T

Good to be back from MIA ever since this site got revamped~ ^^ Annyeeeonnnnnngggg~ ^^

I'm intrigued what the entire mini musical was about- can't really see the story line as all i see are snippets! haha

• Like 1

I'm intrigued what the entire mini musical was about- can't really see the story line as all i see are snippets! haha

Yeah, it doesn't help that the only parts that are in English are the "you are shining" and "we are shining" parts, lol.  The official mascot is supposed to be an angel of light, whatever that is, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Did everyone see these pics of our lovely, shining performers?

From Song So Hee's instagram

• Like 5

Joo Won's cut

Haha. Me three~ Never thought universaide was such a huge event!! I knew a friend's friend's friend when to universaide for Taekwondo but I didn't think it was this large of a scale event!! haha. But it was was good to relive JooWon's musical moment even for a short barely-2 minute singing stint!! I miss it! T__T

Good to be back from MIA ever since this site got revamped~ ^^ Annyeeeonnnnnngggg~ ^^

I, too, was wondering what it was. So it's like some international sports event where our Cutie performed in the opening number. Hihi. I was waiting to hear his awesome voice and took a couple minutes just to hear a short one. Hello chingus! I missed y'all! ^^

Joo Won's works introduced on some official French Youtube channel

I was distracted by the language... and nearly fell off my chair when the 1N2D part came out. Pwaaaaah!

ooohhh this was a nice compilation of Cutie's works. Lol at the 1n2d part! :P 

What does the vid say @ophris? Thanks!

• Like 2

[Interview] Geek Magazine 2015 January Issue

[訪問] Geek 雜誌 2015 1 月号

JOO WON’S JOY RIDE

Joo Won does not easily step on the accelerator pedal

Whatever it is, he thoroughly considers and discreetly makes decision

But recently he challenges without fear and makes different commitments

While stepping on the accelerator pedal, he is approaching the moment to take off

周元絶不容易踩油門踏板

無論什麼事情,他都會徹底地検討及慎重地決定

但最近他無懼戰並作出不同的承諾

正在踩油門踏板的他將接近起飛的瞬間

979727b3c393706143dd47b7fa0be947_1419832

~ I heard you do thorough research and preparation when selecting a character of a project.  Because of that, you have become an actor without failure which earned you a well-known nickname of “Unbeatable Joo Won”, however you miserably tasted failure for the first time by selecting movie “Fashion King”.

JW: I like the webtoon “Fashion King”.  Actually, I wondered if webtoon could be well adapted into a movie.  I pondered how I could express.  Nevertheless, the reason why I selected this project was because there were particular areas popular enough when I read the script.  When producing a remake movie, I perplexed how much I have to follow but I thought it was still a good choice.   Many parts in this movie were manic, so I thought I could give it a try.  On the other hand, if I don’t play a student character now, I won’t play it in future, so I took the risk.

~ 聽說你選擇角色的時候會徹底地研究及準備,因此你是一位從來沒有失敗過的演員。周元不敗」這號也傳遍得街知巷聞。但因為選擇電影《時尚王》(或《我要做男神》),你第一次凄惨地嘗試失敗的滋味。

JW: 我喜歡網上漫畫《時尚王》。其實我對於網上漫畫是否能夠制作成電影也存有疑問,我想我應該怎樣去表現呢?但我選擇它的原因是因為我讀劇本的時候覺得它有受歡迎之處,在拍攝電影的同時,我也困惑著應該如何去跟從,但我想這是一個不錯的選擇,戲中有很多瘋狂的部份,所以我想嘗試一下。另一方面,我想如果我現在不演學生角色的話,我以後不會演,所以我冒這個險。

~ It was good trying out something new but its result was not good. 

JW: The important thing is I do not find box office important.  Certainly I understand box office is an important issue to production staff, there is such a responsibility they have to take but I have no personal desire.  So, I am not too concerned about how “Fashion King” went.  That was a pretty good experience.  The atmosphere was particularly special.  There wasn’t such a film set where we had so much fun in filming.  In the movie industry, they say “you have to leave the film set alone.  It will only be successful if a movie is filmed under intense atmosphere.”  As an actor, I don’t like that.  Therefore, this time I wanted to challenge this sort of unwritten rule by presenting a movie produced in a free atmosphere and such a movie can also become successful, however it was very regretful that it couldn’t be presented.

~    嶄新的嘗試是一件好事,但結果郤不好。

JW: 最重要的是我覺得票房並不重要,但當然票房對制作來說是非常重要,這是他們的責任但我並無私慾,所以我並不太在意《時尚王》得失 。那是一個很好的經驗,拍攝時的氣份很特別,我從來沒有遇上一個這樣愉快的拍攝現場,在電影圏,聽說“一定要棄拍攝現場,在激烈的氣份下拍攝才可以制作一部成功的電影。”但作為演員的我並不喜歡這樣。所以這次我想挑戰一下這樣不成文的規矩,我希望展示一部在自由氣份下拍攝也可以得到成功的電影,但沒能夠展示出來實在是太遺憾了。

~ “Fashion King” was a hot topic before filming had started but there was not much anticipation.

JW:  Well, it was not because it was not anticipated.  Before its open, there was time to select prospective audiences for receiving their comments.  After hearing comments, editing was done once again.  It was targeted for teenager audiences, it was re-edited after hearing their comments and finally it went through preview session.   Everyone gave hundred points.   Because the movie was released after the college entrance exam, I think there were many other possibilities.

~ 在拍攝前,時尚王已經是話,但期待的人不是很多。

JW: 不是因為不被期待的問題,電影開放前已經選擇了一定的觀眾作為對象以及收集他們的評價,聴到那評價後再次剪輯,以十來歲的觀眾作為對象分析評價後再次剪輯及最後通過試影會,誰都給一百分。電影在大學入學試完結之後才放映,我想會有很多其他的可能性。

~ “Interstellar” was also open.  And also…

JW: So something was not right.  An event had also been held.  But I guess if I work with the production team of “Fashion King” again, we can successfully produce a very good movie.

Interstellar 同時公開放映,而且...

JW: 所以有些地方總是不對勁,試影會亦已經開過。但如果可以跟《時尚王》的制作組再次合作另一部電影的話,我們將有足夠的勝算制作一部很好的電影。

~ Up to now, I have a feeling the characters of “Gu Ma Jun” “Lee Kang To” “Cha Yu Jin” that you played are all from comics.

JW: I never limit myself in selecting the characters to play.  Even from now on, I will be like that too.  No matter what character it is, if I think it is good, I will play.  I am not the type of person saying something like “I don’t play this sort of character ”.

~ 我感覺到你直到現在所演出過的角色如「具馬俊」、「李江土」、「車振」全部都是從漫畫跳出來的人物。

JW: 我從限制於我對角色的選擇,以後也是一樣。無論是任何角色,如果我覺得好的話我便會演,說什麼『我不會演這樣的角色』的話完全不像我的性格。

~ It has been a long while since you last performed musical on stage. 

JW: I play dramas and movies but stage has that indescribable atmosphere.  Because I debuted in musical, that’s why I am probably like that.   Every time when I stand on the stage, it reminds me how I was when I first made my debut, this makes me more focused.

~ 你有一段時間沒有踏上音樂劇的舞台

JW: 我拍攝電影劇和電影但舞台的氣份是不能以言語來形容的,可能因為我是從演出音樂劇出道所以才這樣。當我每次站在舞台上的時候,我便會回想到我出道時的樣子,這令我更加集中精神。

~ What is the difference of standing in front of the camera and on stage? 

JW:  It is not easy to express standing on stage.  Therefore, when I stand on the stage, I feel like I became small.  It is not that I can directly communicate with audiences but I see them visually and hear them audibly.  I thought my physical strength was good but when I stood on the stage, I couldn’t ease my nervousness and I became tired.  The feeling in that moment was very good.  I felt refreshed.  That is why stage is my hometown and also what I respect.

~ 站在攝影機前和站在舞台上有什麼不同?

JW:  站在舞台上表現是絶對不容易,站在舞台上我感覺到渺小。是說我可以直接跟觀眾溝通,但我可以見到他門及聴到他們,我以為體力上我可以應付,但站在舞台上的時候,我會很緊張及覺得疲倦,那時的感覺是非常好,夠爽快,因此舞台是我的故郷也是我尊敬的對象。

~ You did musical, movie and drama within this year.   I heard that you are hardworking and I can probably guess so.

JW:  I am really hardworking.  I always sleep early and get up early.  But I am not sure whether it is because I have just finished filming “Naeil Cantabile” that my body has still not adjusted back to its normal pattern.  If I try to sleep at 12am or 1am, I cannot sleep in until 3am.  Certainly, same as for work, I follow the pattern.  So I sleep late and get up early recently.

~ 今年一年內,你演出過音樂劇、電影及電視劇, 聽聞你很勤奮,我大概可以猜想得到。

JW:   我真的很勤奮,常常早睡早起,但不知是否剛拍攝完明日如歌的關係,身體還沒有回復本來的模樣,晩上十二時或一時要睡覺的時候要等到三時才可以入眠。當然跟工作一樣,我會跟從這規律,所以最近我遲睡早起。

~ Don’t you drink with friends?  If you drink, won’t you naturally get into sleep and get up late?

JW:  I can’t drink.  Even I meet up with my friends, we just drink coffee and chat.  If I have filming next day, I stay home and rest.  I absolutely don’t go out.

~ 會跟朋友喝酒嗎?喝了酒便會自然遲睡遲起。 

JW: 我不會喝酒。所以跟朋友見面時會喝咖啡及聊天。如果明天拍攝的話,我會待在家中休息,為了拍攝,我絶對不會無理外出。

~ You are in your twenties.  It looks too tough.  Don’t you think it is necessary to break some rules for doing various acting?

JW:  Friends and seniors also said “You can do various acting like how a dog plays.  When are you going to stop living a straight-laced life?”  But I have my own plan, say I focus on my acting in my twenties and I will play like a dog in my thirties.  I will live a more straight-laced life in the next two years.

~ 現在才二十歳,這對自己未免太過苛刻了嗎?為了多樣化的演技,你是否有考慮過打破規限?

JW: 朋友和前輩們都跟我這樣説:「你可以像狗玩耍一樣去表演多樣化的演技,你這樣循規蹈矩的生活要活到何時呢?」但是我有自己的計劃,譬如説二十歳時我集中演技,三十歳時我會像狗一樣的玩耍,之後兩年我會過更加循規蹈矩的生活。

~ Then, are you a self-disciplined person?

JW:   Pretty much in disorder at the moment.  Haha!  I am still working on it.  Even for acting, there is a stage to do some preparation.  Time is also needed to prepare for the changes of my life.

~  這樣子,你是一位頗有自我紀律的人

JW: 現在還很紊亂,哈哈!我正在努力中。即使演戯也需要有準備的段階,我也需要時間準備人生的變化。

~ But what must you do to play like a dog?

JW:   I think I just need to open up more of myself.  I think a lot on this topic.  I also worry a lot.  Even I don’t think or worry about it, I can still live as nothing has happened.  While knowing it, I just worry and become anxious.   I am currently working on solving this problem.

~ 但是要怎樣玩才像狗一樣呢 

JW:  我想我要更加開放自己,這方面我想了很多,亦很擔心, 但即使我不去想或不去擔心,我也可以像沒有事情一樣的過生活。要是我知道的話,我只會擔心和焦急,我正在想辦法去解決這個問題。

~  It is already December.  You don’t have any filming.  I guess you can take some rest.

JW:  Actually, it is really “spectacle” no matter what year it is.  I challenged various genres therefore I gained a lot, especially movie and drama projects in the same year.  A type of character I played was a leader.  I know I still have shortcomings but I learnt what I had to do.  In future, I will be someone’s senior, I will just take that as rehearsals.  As much as I have gained, there are also many things I want to do.  I am more thankful that I did musical. 

~ 巳經是十二月,你沒有拍攝,我想你可以休息一下。

JW: 其實就算是什麼年都是真的很特別。今年一年內我挑戰了電影和電視劇不同的類別,因此我獲益良多。我亦演出了領導者的角色,我明白我還有不足之處,但我學習了一些我一定要做的事。將來我會是某人的前輩,就當作這是實踐吧。我得到很多,也有很多想做的事情, 感謝我演出了音樂劇。

~ You are like an anthology.  When reading it, I know it is good but somehow I don’t understand it.  When seeing your acting, I always have these thoughts.  You are handsome but the problem is I can’t recall your outstanding look.  Your acting is also good but the problem is I can’t recall it.  Everything is good but there are many reasons that I don’t understand.   The problem is actually not related to the characters you played but these are only my thoughts.

JW:  I guess the problem is because I haven’t played a romantic comedy like other actors of my age did.  Because I am attracted to the character when selecting a project, it is just like other actors selecting the character of a project.  Actually playing a romantic comedy is also difficult.  So if it is luck, it is probably luck.

~ 你像一本詩集,看的時候感覺很好但不太明白。觀看你的演技時,我時常有這樣的想法。你很英俊但問題是我記不起你俊俏的容貌,你的演技好但問題是我記不起你那些演技。是很好,但有太多原因我實在不明白。 事實上,這問題跟你演出過的角色沒有關係,但這些也都只是我的想法。

JW: 我想問題大概是不是因為我沒有演出過像其他跟我同齡演員演出過的浪漫喜劇呢?跟其他演員選擇角色時一樣,我選擇作品的時候也會被某些角色有所吸引,其實演浪漫喜劇也是很困難,所以如果是幸運的話,大概真的很幸運。

~ In future, do you have any intention playing a romantic comedy?

JW:  I think I prefer playing melo to romantic comedy, not to play a character who only whines or cries but to play a character who knows exactly what love is, like movie “Notebook”.   In this movie, there are many flashback scenes of the couple’s younger days bickering at each other every day and they didn’t know why.  They hugged when they saw each other.  I want to try out that kind of acting, to play a character who is so much in love and doesn’t know what to do. 

~ 將來你是否有打算演浪漫喜劇?

JW: 我想我比較喜歡演悲劇,但不是演那些只會抱怨或流淚的角色,而是像電影《Notebook》裡一樣主角知道什麼是真愛的角色。這電影中有很多兩位主角年少時不知道什麼原因但每天都會互相鬥嘴與及當他們相見時便會彼此擁抱的回想場面。我希望嘗試演出那種情深到死及愛得不知所措的角色。

~ Do you have any new year’s resolutions?

JW:  Well, I am already reaching the end of twenties so I have more worries.  Because I can’t keep going this way, it seems like it is necessary for me to make some little changes.  It is alright even that is not my real aspect.  Even it is fake but once I get used to the changes made by me, that is my aspect.  This is one of my resolutions.  I am looking for another side of me.

~ 在新的一年有什麼計劃?

JW: 快到三十歳,所以多少也有點擔憂。因為不可以繼續這樣下去,似乎有必要作出多少改變,即使不是我真正的一面也沒有關係,即使是假但習慣了我所作出的改變之後,那也是我的一面,是我其中的一個計劃,我會尋找我的另一面。

~ In 2015, what sort of actor do you want to be remembered as?

JW:  An actor without fear.  A trustworthy actor but rather than just being recognized for reliable acting, I also have the thoughts of contributing to the development of movies.  I need to be more self-assertive.  No one knows the future.  Anyway whatever it is, I want to be self-assertive.

~ 2015年,你希望被視為怎麼樣的演員呢?

JW: 無懼的演員,可信性高的演員。但除了被視為演技上受到認可之外,我希望可以對電影的發展作出貢獻。我需要多點自我主見,沒有人知道將來的事, 無論如何,我想自我主見一點。

PS14122900167.jpg

~ It is quite late now.  We are in the outskirt of Gyeonggido, I guess you have a car.

JW:  I have a SUV.  Actually it is fast and its shock absorber also works well.  It is good enough that a car can give me the impression of sturdiness and toughness.

~ 正在巳經很晩了,我們現在位於京畿道,你有汽車嗎?

JW: 我有一部SUV,很快而且避震性能不錯,一部能夠給予堅硬感覺的車巳經是很足夠了。

~  Where do you normally go when driving the SUV?

JW:  I go camping.  Although I can’t drive far, if I have time, I drive to the camping site with friends to spend a day there.  When I don’t have time camping, I drive to Han River.

~ 通常你駕駛 SUV 到那裡玩?

JW: 去露營。 雖然我不可以去很遠的地方,但如果有時間的話,我便會跟朋友在露營場地花上一天的時間。沒有時間露營的話,我會駕車到漢江。

~ After seeing all these cars for photo shooting today, don’t you have a thrill of excitement?

JW:  Neither sport car nor sedan can make my heart beat faster.   Other cars perform well with speed too.  Recently I am very interested in Mercedes Benz G Class (wagon).  Whoever sees it can see its toughness and power, it also looks classy.

~ 今天拍攝時所看見的轎車和跑車有沒有讓你感到興奮?

JW: 跑車和轎車都不會令我心跳加速,速度不只是它們才有。最近我對平治 G 系列越野車非常感興趣。無論誰見過也可以看到它的強韌和馬力,而且外型也很優雅。

~ Here is a G class right in front of you. Where will you go?

JW: Actually, there isn’t a particular place I want to go.  Somehow I just feel like going to the nearest mountain with my mom and dad.  We have to go there and eat.

~ 你面前便是一部平治 G 系列越野車,你會駕著它去那兒?

JW: 其實我沒有特別想去的地方,但我會想跟爸爸媽媽到附近的山,要去那兒吃東西。

~ You are such a good boy.

JW: Will there be any difference when I am in my thirties?   But I guess I will find out at that time.

~ 不愧為好孩子。

JW: 三十歳的時候會有什麼不同嗎?但要到那時才會知道。

English and Chinese translations by manyearsago @ soompi    (Translator’s note:  Korean is not my native language, I just translated above article according to my understanding so there could be mistakes in my translation.)

PS14122900165.jpg

Edited by manyearsago
  • Like 8

Some kind soul had posted the entire musical video "U are Shining" which explains the concept of today's youth how they are shining:

Cr: 열하❤よる

Additionally there is a video on KBS Life where there is an interview with the director of the musical:

https://youtu.be/PVTjEfiRmUc

Cr: KBSLife

The man who is being interviewed I think was the producer for Ghost (from iseensee). No wonder Joo Won was selected to represent the "youth of today". Thanks to this sir. U Know Yunho represented the "shadow of youth" (maybe the bad influences on youth) and Song So Hee represented the "goddess of life" like the shining light on the youth.

• Like 7