Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Oh yeah!  So busy digging out Ghost stuff that I forgot!  La la la Mountia (fan sign)!

Photo op with mannequins (what?):

jy9NMDr.jpg

AzZYOvR.jpg

Variations on "the smile and show us what you're doing here" pose:

pnOFbJA.jpg

smvfNCO.jpg

KVpfiO2.jpg

uR40N7S.jpg

photo sources: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are lots more too, but mostly just kind of wandering around and walking in. 

Oh wait.  I missed "play with the Mountia props" lol

Pfvj1G7.jpg

source

• Like 9

Yongpal articles are popping out left, right and center. i love it that people are being positive about Joowon's casting, with some mixed reviews about the lead actress.

ever since the casting was rumored, i quickly downloaded the writer's previous drama, Reset. it was really good, with twists and surprising revelations. the characters are really well written. the drama was a crime thriller, but there were some minor touches of humor. so i think character-wise, i have faith in the writer. the director's previous work, God's Gift 14 days have great casts. so i'm confident that they know who fits their character best. with these two on-board, i'm positive that we will get really good drama settings and writing. male-lead wise, Joowon has had some experience with medical-surgery dramas, so the terms and surgery actions may not be as difficult as a first timer.

i remember reading about the project before any casting was rumored, and i've been imagining how nice it would be for Joowon to be offered. and it really does happen! i was so happy! but then again, i imagine Joowon acting out all the male-lead roles out there in kdrama-land, so...

anyway, what really seems appealing is that he is doing house calls for money. and is really shameless at that. i think Yongpal's snobbish attitude may be due to the fact that he knows he's a genius, and he thinks he doesnt deserve to be so desperate about money. but he has to, to keep his sister in good health condition. kind of like he has very high ego, but has to resort to doing 'low' things for money when he doesnt want to in the first place, but he has to do it. no mention of parents so far, so i guess he has been supporting his sister's medical bills since the beginning.

i think Joowon's strongest acting genre is melodrama. he has mentioned that he wants to do a melo-drama, and he wants a character that seems normal in real life. he's probably getting both now, with this project. :) he has played a snobbish, rude person in Baker King and Gaksital, and soft-hearted person in Ojakgyo Brothers, Gaksital and Naeil do Cantabile. with this character, i think we will get to see both persona. he will be rude to others, but ever so gentle with his sister.

cant wait for Yongpal!!! August, come faster~ my drama and character analyzing skills are getting rusty...

• Like 11

Joo Won 'Mountia' Fansign Event - Photo Time & Fan Sign

cr: stardailynews

That mannequin has some great luck. Sheeesh.

And I read about this:

Mountia fan signing today >> At the beginning, Joo Won wears a mask to protect himself from MERS. Fans are allowed to greet him with 10 secs and not allowed to touch or shake his hands.

Cr.Tina Seo via Joo Won Thai Family

At least they have some precaution :)

• Like 7

Hello everyone!

I'm excited for Joowon's comeback into dramaland!  Equally as excited to see this thread come alive again.  I'm crossing my fingers hoping that this will be a great drama for him (probably one of the last ones before army?

• Like 4

Welcome to Joo Won thread @callmegiggles and @jaslinnj !!  Enjoy swooning over our Cutie! ♥ 

Hi guys! I missed all of you!!!! I still haven't got the time to fix my profile for this new soompi. :( ​But I am now resurfacing from the deep moat lake to say how excited I am to finally see Joo Won in a new drama!!!! 2 more months to goooooo!!! 

Love the new Mountia fansign pics and vids! He has this boy-next-door look! Hihi! Thanks for sharing @rionae and @ecs707a

• Like 5

Annyeong chingus....

I am so delighted that Joo Won is going to play a drama...

Yongpal!!! Yaaayyy!! <3 

A new look at Soompi eh... I need to get used to this...

Miss you all... Oh yea, glad that Cutie is on Instagram :x :x :x

• Like 4

This is the SPOILER and translated chapters(only a handful) of Passion heaven. I was busy with my studies last year that I didn't catch up with Joo Won news that much so I don't know if you guys know about these websites or not.Anyways here we go.

http://yifanqini.tumblr.com/passion-heaven-translations

Spoiler

http://wyfuniverse.livejournal.com/15326.html?page=3

I was really SSSSHOCKED to learn more about Joo Won's role here but EVEN MORE bewildered to learn that an Idol (a super green rookie in acting) is playing a very important and challenging role. Nothing against idols.They are easy to eyes and relaxing if you like them. (But if you are like me who prefer a realistic actor,it is a bit hard to accept.I will still watch it through...)

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 7

A big yay! for Joo Won's drama comeback! And here I am ready for another round of war if haters gonna bash my baby :crazy: 

LOL just kidding :P

I am so into IG now since Joo Won joining IG (and my couple ship also spoiled me with their IG interactions)

I followed many other actors and idols that I like too.. from what I observed, there are those who like to post their cool/pretty selfie, and yet there those who like to post their 'goofy' photos (not sure if my terms are correct,sorry for my bad english).. I think Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung falls into the second category..

And yet there are those who just posts their photo a lot but not liking other's photo.. and there are those who do liking spree on their friend's photo.. and that is Joo Won.. I love how he goes around liking other's pictures endlessly.. what can I say about this personality, generous? caring? uncalculative? haha maybe.. I am not psychologist, just common sense ..if I'm not wrong.. 

Joo Won's circle of friends.. seems many of them are from Sim entertainment.. I don't recognize most of them but I followed them anyway coz my bias friend is my friend too..hehe.. I saw Joo Won posted quite a lot of his friend's picture.. so instead of posting pictures with his famous co-star he posted his close friend's picture coz I think he treasures them a lot.. (I read in netizenbuzz before there is actor who like to post pictures with famous celebrity to ride on their popularity lol) Haah so that is me who just learn to use this SNS thing.. B)

Ok now to make it short, knowing all this just make me love him more and more :wub: no regret being fan for 5 years.. oh and yeah happy 5th years anniversary to our Joo Won..^_^

Btw anyone know who is "ssummirimammy" real name? is he an actor too?

and how about Joo Won's best friend "sewook"? is he actor too? I think it was mentioned in 1n2d but I cannot remember.. I am interested to know more about his friend coz I believe "birds of the same feather flock together” (I will welcome anyone who can brief me about Joo Won's friends ^_^)

Edited by meminthehouse
  • Like 5

I followed many other actors and idols that I like too.. from what I observed, there are those who like to post their cool/pretty selfie, and yet there those who like to post their 'goofy' photos (not sure if my terms are correct,sorry for my bad english).. I think Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung falls into the second category..

And yet there are those who just posts their photo a lot but not liking other's photo.. and there are those who do liking spree on their friend's photo.. and that is Joo Won.. I love how he goes around liking other's pictures endlessly.. what can I say about this personality, generous? caring? uncalculative? haha maybe.. I am not psychologist, just common sense ..if I'm not wrong.. 

Joo Won's circle of friends.. seems many of them are from Sim entertainment.. I don't recognize most of them but I followed them anyway coz my bias friend is my friend too..hehe.. I saw Joo Won posted quite a lot of his friend's picture.. so instead of posting pictures with his famous co-star he posted his close friend's picture coz I think he treasures them a lot.. (I read in netizenbuzz before there is actor who like to post pictures with famous celebrity to ride on their popularity lol) Haah so that is me who just learn to use this SNS thing.. B)

Ok now to make it short, knowing all this just make me love him more and more :wub: no regret being fan for 5 years.. oh and yeah happy 5th years anniversary to our Joo Won..^_^

and how about Joo Won's best friend "sewook"? is he actor too? I think it was mentioned in 1n2d but I cannot remember.. I am interested to know more about his friend coz I believe "birds of the same feather flock together” (I will welcome anyone who can brief me about Joo Won's friends ^_^)

​Yeah, I'm glad he's one of the random stuff category. :) 

I think (I may be wrong; someone correct me if so) that ssummirimammy is Min Jin Woong, who is also from Sim and was in Fashion King.  Sewook was his friend/guest for the friend special towards the end of 1N2D.  He's also been in several LL eps.  The first, definitely (with the posing and taking pics in the street), and the 7th, where he goes out to eat with several friends.  Maybe others?  Anyway, in that episode, they talk about how he's also an actor, and what university he went to etc.  They went to the same high school.  I don't think he's done TV or movies much (/at all?), but I'd guess he does theater.  I don't really know though.

Oh!  That reminds me.  I'm not crazy, right?  He had a tiny role in Fashion King.  One of the Fashion King show/final facedown thingy's staff members.

6KRYnW5.jpg

apT2O5z.jpg

That's him, isn't it?  I think I'm not crazy.  At least not for this reason. :)

I still remember that tiny bit of the friend special where they're walking side by side, arm in arm, yet somehow kicking each other in the butt.  Haha.  Someone made a gif of it, I think.  But I don't think I have it.

• Like 8

Regarding "rookie" in leading role, if I recall JW went from stage musical to major role in a drama. Sometimes the talent is simply there and does not require years of doing the "rookie" roles.

​Yes.I have no doubt for talents of Idols/Idol.It is a competitive industry and even to get a place in this entertainment world means they are talented. What I worried is ability to portray this difficult character. That character,is very important for Passion Heaven.He is a bit autistic and have a closed personality.Very hard to portray and expressive eyes are very important for that character. As much as I watched tones of dramas before, I rarely see good young actors with expressive eyes.

I am not sure if they are strictly following the novel.If they changed it to just a normal tortured soul yearning for love,it should be okay. 

Also,Joo Won was a rookie in terms of acting in front of camera but never a rookie for acting in general before BK. He was in many musicals.Hence he knew how to act. NOT SUPERB but watchable and more or less expressive.He was also lead actor for Spring Awakening.So he had experience. I have never seen that Idol in any dramas/films or musicals before. Maybe he is full-time actor now after everything,and maybe he will become a good actor in future to come,but I do not have confidence in his acting at the point he was filming PH because that is his very first movie and,some more a very tough role. 

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm glad he's one of the random stuff category. :) 

I think (I may be wrong; someone correct me if so) that ssummirimammy is Min Jin Woong, who is also from Sim and was in Fashion King.  Sewook was his friend/guest for the friend special towards the end of 1N2D.  He's also been in several LL eps.  The first, definitely (with the posing and taking pics in the street), and the 7th, where he goes out to eat with several friends.  Maybe others?  Anyway, in that episode, they talk about how he's also an actor, and what university he went to etc.  They went to the same high school.  I don't think he's done TV or movies much (/at all?), but I'd guess he does theater.  I don't really know though.

Oh!  That reminds me.  I'm not crazy, right?  He had a tiny role in Fashion King.  One of the Fashion King show/final facedown thingy's staff members.

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!

That's him, isn't it?  I think I'm not crazy.  At least not for this reason. :)

already I still remember that tiny bit of the friend special where they're walking side by side, arm in arm, yet somehow kicking each other in the butt.  Haha.  Someone made a gif of it, I think.  But I don't think I have it.

^^ I also notice that many of Joowon's friends are from Sim. People Joowon is following on IG are mostly actors/actresses from the Sim and stylists. 

Min Jin Woong and Shin Ju Hwan also act in Fashion King including Sewook. I like their friendship very much.  It is very cute that they post similar captions or same kind of pictures/places on their IG and tag each other. Their styles are quite the same too such as they like walking/driking coffee something like that. It is a very simple lifestyle. I smile every time looking at their IGs :D

And still have many more others like Lim Yoon-Ho, Lee Dong-Hwi whom he is close with that we see from LL.:)

As I keep roaming on IG, I think Joowon has many friends who are not celebrities but working in an entertainment industry as well. If I'm not mistaken, his friends since high-school  (the one black-white pic he posted on IG) work as cinematographers (or something related to cinema). {i secretly look though and I didn't 'Like' or comment anything as I often feel that it is quite disturbing to commenting on IG of Joowon's friends}

I saw this pic hasn't been posted yet. I think it is an old pic, observe from the clothes they wear :) (Go Kyung-Po also on the pic)

@juhwanshin

I just become Joowon's fan not long ago. So SAD :tears: I didn't have a chance anymore to watch Ghost Musical. I already watched some clip videos on Youtube. It is amazing. I think Joowon voice is very powerful at the same time soothing. Although I feel that his voice can be swallowed a bit by other performers as they are very good. Really wonder how Korean fans or audiences who watched Ghost Musical think about it or whether he receive good feedbacks or not. 

Edited by ebullient
  • Like 6

@ecs707a  Oh yeah you are right! I just rewatched LL final episode and saw Min Jin Woong in the Sim's Cebu trip..^_^ I will rewatched LL again and watch Fashion King too.. Haven't watch Fashion King so that must be why I don't know them.. :sweatingbullets:  No you're not crazy yet.. haha if you're crazy for that then I must be crazy too so let's get crazy together for Cutie :crazy:

@nyk Yes really love their friendship.. they look like guys next door type, very easy on the eyes.. I think you are right most of his IG friends do work behind the screen.. I also just knew Shin Joo Hwan directing Sim produced web drama  Prince of Prince.. young talented guy.. B)

Edited by meminthehouse
  • Like 7