Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Waaa nice group photo!

A few more photos here: http://m.blog.naver.com/dansp/220375689638

Joo Won really stands out amongst them :wub: Or is it just my eyes? :w00t:
And hey @farbarri it's Jaecheon!!

Ha, I was too lazy to actually follow that link when I saw it earlier, so I only saw the versions with everyone blurred out but him.  And I was like, why?  Especially since you can still tell Jaecheon is Jaecheon even with his face blurred.  Haha.  They're all so cute. :) I should have clicked on the link, but I guess I didn't have to after all. 

• Like 4

Finally confirmed!

Joo Won Confirmed for His First SBS Drama

After being in talks for the lead role in SBS‘s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Yongpal,” actor Joo Won has confirmed his casting.

A representative from his agency shared, “Joo Won has confirmed his role in ‘Yongpal.’ The filming schedule is still being coordinated.”

Joo Won will be acting as Kim Tae Hyun who is a third-year general surgery resident at Hanshin Hospital. It has been two years since his last role as a doctor in 2013′s “Good Doctor.” Kim Tae Hyun is the type of doctor who can save patients’ lives during dangerous surgeries and is extremely gifted. However, he is a rude snob who would do anything for money.

The actor has primarily acted in KBS dramas including “King of Baking, Kim Takgu,” “Bridal Mask,” “Good Doctor,” “Tomorrow Cantabile,” and more. He has also acted in MBC‘s “7th Grade Civil Servant.” Many are curious as to how he will do in an SBS drama.

“Yongpal” is scheduled to air after “Mask” ends. The drama will tell the story of a doctor who who suffers from debt because of his younger sister’s kidney dialysis treatment. The first episode is planned to air in August.

Source (1)

source: soompi

Edit: looks like there's a drama thread already too!  Click HERE

Edited by ecs707a
  • Like 8

Guest lovesmelovesmenoot

hmm.. Yongpal sounds promising!! Okay, Joo Won let's give your best shot on this drama.

I can't wait to see your excellent acting skills on this.

annyeong everybody!! :w00t::w00t:

Joo-won to start making house calls as SBS’s Yong-pal
by girlfriday | June 3, 2015 | No Comments

JooWon2.jpg

Soooooo, what exactly constitutes a medical emergency to get Doctor Joo-won to make a house call? Just wondering. I’m asking for a friend. Confirmations are in for Joo-won (Cantabile Tomorrow, Good Doctor), who has signed on to headline the new medical drama Yong-pal as its title character. I’m not normally a fan of hospital dramas, but this one has a twist of mystery and intrigue that I find appealing (and not in the Doctor Stranger way, please no and thank you) — it’s about an off-the-books doctor who makes house calls to the filthy rich and not-so-law-abiding.

The new drama will be Joo-won’s first for SBS, and it comes from the PD of God’s Gift–14 Days and the writer of OCN’s Reset. Joo-won will star as a third-year resident in general surgery who makes professors and chief surgeons’ jaws drop with his skills as an emergency surgeon. He’s able to figure out risks and save lives with unrivaled skill, but he’s also got a terrible personality. He’s rude and shameless, and will do anything for money.

Even though he’s peerless when it comes to the operating table, he supports a younger sister who needs weekly dialysis treatments, leading him to become a secret doctor who makes illegal (and lucrative) house calls. He goes by the alias Yong-pal and treats the kind of clientele that can’t go to the hospital or call emergency, leading him to witness all manner of sordid gossip in the lives of the wealthy and dangerous.

With the God’s Gift PD at the helm and a premise like that, I’m excited for the potential dramatic turn from Joo-won. He’s the kind of actor who always grounds everything and delivers no matter how absurd or utterly heartrending the situation, so I’m hoping that this is a meaty character with a lot of demons to work through. Selling your principles to guerilla-doctor the rich and powerful is probably a good start.

Kim Tae-hee (Jang Ok-jung, Live For Love) is still considering the offer to co-star, and Yong-pal is slated to follow Mask on Wednesdays and Thursdays in August.

Via IS Plus

Source: Dramabeans

Edited by Kaizen68
  • Like 13

[Event Report] Joo Won & Shim Eunkyung, Highly Praised Each Other at the Drama Event

30 May 2015

9e69bd07a558ff6359c844d601922e82

‘Nodame Cantabile ~ Tomorrow Cantabile’, a drama based on Japan’s best-seller manga which sold over 37 million copies, is a classical music rom-com that shows the growth and love between Yoojin, an elite music university student aiming to become a conductor and Naeil, a music university student who falls behind in the piano department. Playing the lead role Yoojin is Joo Won who has acted in many popular dramas such as ‘Baker King Kim Tak Gu’. And the heroine Naeil is played by Shim Eunkyung whose acting in ‘Miss Granny’ is still fresh in our minds. This is a work piece that became a large topic in Korea as a cast of Korea’s young and talented representatives is formed and also because the Japanese version drama ‘Nodame Cantabile’ has a lot of fans. The Blu-ray & DVD-BOX will be released on 1st July and to commemorate this, a drama event was held on 29th May (Fri) at Tokyo-Zepp Divercity.

Continue reading at https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/event-report-tcjapan-20150529/ 

• Like 9

OMG! JOO WON IS READY!! FINALLY!

You don't know how many actors I jumped around and "liked" them when this Lead man was hiding!

(They are talented BTW)

But when Joo Won finally surfaces, I will drop everyone and run to you!MY baby!Finally!

Show your BADA$$ Acting right now!

• Like 6

Ha ha ! A rude and shameless Joo Won in a new drama! I've made à little dance of victory,  and i hope he will be a detestfull character, at least in the begining. 

And now the new soompi doesnt alert me when there is a new post...

• Like 5

Trying to summon the last ounce of willpower to fangirl but Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to JW returning to dramaland! 

At least I have a drama to look forward to. 

and dropping a pic here

3542392642_882a5e45_PicsArt_143324313414

credit: JW DC

pssst...is the bear clawing at her face? look at her hand

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 9

Annyong everyone. I am a little late in the game. I have become such a avid Joo Won Fan 4 years late. But better late than never  :D Watched almost all his movies and dramas in one week. Couldnt watch 7th Civil Servent though. But i do want to watch his musical. 

Could someone tell me where I can watch his Musical - Ghost?? saw him in a teaser for the musical and I was not able to take my eyes off him. Kamsa hamida :) 

• Like 4

Annyong everyone. I am a little late in the game. I have become such a avid Joo Won Fan 4 years late. But better late than never  :D Watched almost all his movies and dramas in one week. Couldnt watch 7th Civil Servent though. But i do want to watch his musical. 

Could someone tell me where I can watch his Musical - Ghost?? saw him in a teaser for the musical and I was not able to take my eyes off him. Kamsa hamida :) 

• Like 3

​Hi @jaslinnj!  Welcome.  And wow, if that "almost all the dramas" included Ojakgyo, I'm impressed.  :D  (And I also didn't make it through Level 7, haha.)

There is no way to watch Ghost in its entirety that I know of.  There are some clips out there.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of redundancy in what is actually available (multiple camera angles of the same parts of the musical, essentially).  There are also videos available of some of the songs on youtube, but again, not much of the actual performance.  I don't have the clips handy at the moment.  I can find them later if you're still interested, or probably someone else will swoop in and save the day. :)

• Like 4

Okay then.  One probably very incomplete list coming up for @jaslinnj...

Songs/studio recordings: Here Right Now (w/Ivy); Three Little Words (w/ Jiyeon); Unchained Melody  

Rehearsal/preview: 1 | 2

A variety of performance clips, with some overlap: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

There are more, I'm sure.  Anyone else have some to add?

Hahaha.  I was letting Three Little Words play in the background while I put this together, and I can't listen to that part without hearing his sad, pitiful, sick voice-cracking version in my head.  So sad.  But so funny. :D

0GUrYSw.jpg

9rAvOXv.jpg

• Like 7