Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

mrdimples said: Ok I need to get this off my chest.
I have nothing against noona relationships. Really. Except that I cannot put up nice OTP photos and gush about them or ship them. 
What I am uncomfortable about are namely 2 things -looks and acting. looks - maybe Uee and JSY set the benchmarks too high. But in this role, I don't need super good looks but at least compatible
acting - I am very very demanding of actresses in comic roles. It's just me. If they try too hard, look goon thinking it's cute, I am so out of here. Except it's Joo Won and I cannot go anywhere. If they were to pair him with Spongebob, I will still watch. YA!!!! MOAT BOTTOM has become BIKINI BOTTOM !

Guest alysanne

Well, this might not turn out to be a noona romance, character-wise.  They might age up JW's character and age down CKH's so they'll be both 30 years old or something.  
For the record, I don't like this pairing either, but let's wait for an official confirmation and some character descriptions.  ;) 
And we're all still gonna watch it right?  I mean, IT'S JOO WON.  ;)

@coolreborn, I don't think you should base the drama female lead on the movie's. It is not the same. And Kim Ha Neul was funny! CKH can kick richard simmons too. 

Sorry guys aside from the fact that she's older, I don't know why so many people are reacting so badly :-/

@mojobobo Thank you my bunny friend :-*

Ok everyone. Let's not be too upset. We should reserve our energy to support Cutie.
I admit that the female lead is not someone I expected and age wise it doesn't seem like they can match. But honestly, I'm ok with CKH's acting. I didn't think she matched Ji sung image wise too but they worked out pretty well. 
Looks wise, well, I can't say because I agree that CKH isn't your typical pretty actress but she has character and she makes her characters relatable to viewers. I'm so sick of pretty actress who can't act. I agree they are good to look at but I can only take that much of eye candy. I'll venture a guess to say that our female lead will be someone with a strong character so CKH should be pretty good in it. I never though Ha Ji Won and Lee Seung Gi would work out too but they did so spectacularly. [As opposed to Han Gan In and Kim Soo Hyun where the age difference was only 6 years but it still looked weird.] Ah and I forgot Lee Minho and Kim Hee Sun who have a 10 year gap but still worked out haha!
I also trust that Cutie would be able to make it work. We should give him support in whatever way possible. I don't want him to hear that people don't like the pairing then he stresses out over it especially since he's trying to challenge this genre. 

@mojoboboI'm not saying I won't support him. Everybody here is going to support his new drama. 
It's just it feels so unfair toward him. He's always played intense characters - twisted Ma Jun, deadpan Tae Hee, national hero Kang To. He wanted to work with someone at his age to have great relaxed mood on the set. I can't imagine him being relaxed next to his 10 year older sunbae. I think he himself must be pretty in shock right now. I'm TRYING hard to accept this fact, but whenever I think of them playing lovers together.... my brain just can't compute that.

@Coolreborn    You are really very awesome !!  I guess you have a good understanding of Japanese.   I am no better than you.  I really mean it !!

I am actually nowhere near any expert.  Japanese is not my mother tongue.  I am still struggling with it as my Japanese is getting rusty.  It is just because I tend to spend more time watching Korean dramas nowadays.

I am not good at all translating Japanese songs as sometimes I found the lyrics a bit weird. Guess they are just like poems, very hard to understand.  I used to translate for friends but I found my translation was just crap so I haven't done it for some years.  But anyway, I will just take this challenge again as learning curve and try out the translation for you.   I haven't seen the lyrics yet.  Like you, I just made up the lyrics by hearing what JW sings.  Can we correct each other's version and make necessary changes?  If anyone of you comes across with Nadeshiko's lyrics from the net, could you please send me the link.  I would love to see how far I got it right. I just treat it like an exam.

When I was listening to the song in the first few times, scenes of Tae Hee and Ja Eun from OB somehow just flashed through my mind.    Let me know if you can also relate this song to some scenes from OB.

Translation will come next.

I think unless the female leads in his age range buck up and improve their acting skills, there are still possibilities tat cutie has to pair up with noonas in his future dramas. Itz jus the opposite in the japanese drama industry. they have very few actors in their twenties who can act to match their female cohort. hence, the older more experienced actors are paired with actresses who can be their daughters. Isnt tat even..... X_X?

Nadeshiko – lyrics translation

(note:  The “Nadeshiko” mentioned in this song actually represents one kind of language of flowers, it means “pure and innocent love”)

Aa, kimi no koto fukaku  fukaku shiruhodo surukedo,   kage bakari o oikaketeshimau    (note :  hukaku and fukaku are both fine)

ああ、君のこと深く深く  知るほどするけど     影ばかりを追いかけてしまう

Ah, as I know more and more about you, somehow I just keep following your shadow

Itsudatte sonanda  boku wa

いつだってそうなんだ  僕は

I am always like that

Kasanonakade   utsumuki  eshakude  sayonara

傘の中で   うつむき  会釈でさよなら

Under the umbrella, with my head down, I nodded to say goodbye

Miokurudake no yokogao

見送るだけの横顔 

I did not look into your face when sending you off

Ano hito ni yoku nita  sono  hananona  wa nani

あの人によく似た その 花の名は何   

What is the name of the flower to best describe you

Akimono  beni  wa nadeshiko

あきもの紅は撫子

It is nadeshiko which flower blossoms with autumn-coloured rouge  

Aa, machibito  wa  konaiHitori  netamu  ama odoko wa aware   

ああ、待ち人は来ない   一人  妬むあま男は哀れ

Ah, the person I am waiting for will not come, it is a pity being a jealous man

Dareka o omoi    awaku hohoenderune

誰かを思い 淡く微笑んでるね

Thinking of someone and smile lightly

Aa, kimi no koto  fukaku  fukaku shiruhodo suruhodo,   kizutsuku koto wa wakatteiru yo   Itsudatte sonanda

ああ、君のこと深く深く知るほどするど、 傷つくことは分かっているよ    いつだってそうなんだ

Ah, the more and more I know about you.  I understand I will get hurt, I am always like that

Natsukashikute amai    monoguruoshii

懐かしくて甘い  ものぐる惜しい

Beloved and sweetness are just how you made me feel

Kaori no hana ni natte

香りの花になって

Becoming like flowers with nice fragrance

Kare no muneni tobikondeita     kagayaku hoho no kimi ga iru

彼の胸に飛び込んでいた      輝く頬の君がいる

Your radiant face shines in his embrace

Tada aitai    tada kurushii    yoru ni oborete

ただ会いたい  ただ苦しい  夜におぼれて

I miss you, it is painful,   I feel like drowning at night

Aa, kimi no koto  itsumo itsumo mitsumeteitanda

ああ、君のこといつもいつも見つめていたんだ

Ah, I used to keep looking at you all the time

Sobani iru noni, tooi hito dane  

そばにいるのに遠い人だね

We were so close but I felt like we were actually far apart

Manazashi ga hoshii yo

眼差しが欲しいよ

I am yearning to look into your eyes

Kimi no kuroikamimo   shiroiudemo   maboroshi ni natta

君の黒い髪も 白い腕も 幻になった 

Your black hair and even your white wrist became an illusion

Hikarinonakani    kimi wa kieteku   Shiawase no tobira no mukou he

光の中に 君は消えてく   幸せの扉のむこうへ

You disappear from the spotlight and walk towards the door of happiness

Yume o daite  aruiteyuku  asu o yuku

夢を抱いて 歩いて行く  明日を行く

heading to your dream and your future

LOLL
@aisling, you are assuming that he didn't already have an inkling of who would be the female lead. Why is it not fair? I don't see why it's not fair just because she's older. If so, wouldn't it have been grossly unfair when he was first casted in Baker King since he was a newbie and he had so much to learn from shooting a drama, then to add to that he had to act with Eugene? 
CKH is known for being easy going and fun so I really really doubt that the atmosphere on set would be tense. If anything, I think we are in for a bit of craziness. Image wise I also really cannot see Uee and Tae Hyun together. It's so weird! But I'll leave my judgment for till when the drama starts airing and the plot plays out. 

@mojoboboEugene looked more mature than him, but as a couple they still matched.
Yeah... of course he was the first person to know about this. I think I just cant think straight now... my brain is like frozen. Guess I will have to wait to see them together onscreen to accept this. But still... I hope there won't be any open mouth kisses or steamy scenes. Which I'm afraid there will be considering my luck. 
I feel weird about Tae Hyun and UEE too. But because I like Tae Hyun so much I don't find this pairing so bothering.

@koreantiti

Daebak picture there.  Hell yeah to Joo Won's polka dots pants!

@mojobobo

Thanks for the clips.  I know she's one good actress.  I believe she can lead Joo Won and uncover his comedic side.  I must be positive.. I must be positive..