Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@manyearsago, thank you so much for all your wonderful translations.

I am so glad that we have these interviews and Life Log episodes. Cutie has been absent from the small screen for too long, almost a a year. I hope we will get to see him in drama soon.

another great interview! thank you so much @manyearsago :x :x  excellent words, from a matured, awesome, talented, great young man. i really cant wait to see more of Joowon, and read more interviews. :-bd
it's a real pleasure reading his interviews. if i were to analyze his mindset, i could write a book. really. i love the way he analyzes his previous characters. i love it that he knows how different he is than his peers. he was right. the other young actors succeed because of their character. but Joowon's success is because of his projects. but Good Doctor is a success due to both character and project.

Park Se Young

Movie (Fashion King)

“There was a dancing scene in the movie, he led us very well.  He always approaches us first and is considerate, a totally charming and well-mannered man.

heck, yeah! dancing Joowon~ i'm sooooo anticipating this!
tumblr_mjk8kekxHA1s5077xo1_400.gif
jw-s_line-dance-1.gif
d10m.gifnc8.gif
54495125_zps3d7f1025.jpg
2l8b0he.jpg

manyearsago said:

[iNTERVIEW]  InStyle Magazine 2014 June Issue

Joo Won’s Springtime of Life, Refreshing Acting

“Now at this age, wearing a uniform for filming, I guess this is the last time.”  After perfectly digesting the role of Park Si On who is a doctor suffering from savant syndrome in “Good Doctor” in 2013, Joo Won has switched into a high school student Woo Ki Myung in movie “Fashion King”.   He will be taking a new challenge by playing a chief conductor of an orchestra in drama “Nodame Cantabile” in the second half of this year.  Again, preparing for another journey is Joo Won’s springtime of life with his refreshing acting.

It seems you are not the one having too much interest in fashion.  You don’t care your style? (laugh)

~ Normally I don’t talk to the stylist too much about colour of the clothes but I really did a lot of fitting for this project.  It is really difficult to digest especially in distinguishing Woo Ki Myung’s fashion preferences.   But now I know how comfortable leggings are.  In the beginning, “Waa!” Its elasticity comes natural, I found it comfortable wearing them.

WAAAHHH!!! Leggings... seriously Cutie... that elasticity... natural contours and comfortability....  Cute Sheep Emoticon 009.gif

Recently, I am feeling male actors in their 20’s are very solid.

~ When seeing actors in my age group like Kim Soo Hyun, Yoo Ah In, Lee Min Ho, Kim Woo Bin, Lee Jong Seok, I have thoughts like this.  It becomes stimulating and I also get anxious.  This is also what I thought while drinking coffee (crack up laughing together).  My colour is a bit different from them.

In what aspect?

~ They succeeded due to the character they played in their projects.  After that, they have been doing good tasks steadily.  But my success is based on the project rather than the character.  If my preference is on a task rather than a character, the standard of selection is different.  Honestly speaking, I am also interested in playing a trendy project like them, I guess I have to raise my view in reading the scripts.

Yes, Cutie.. you are totally different from them.. no wonder you are the one that my pantyhose heart choose.I do not just settle for character, I go for the person/actor who can do and then surpass a character. One who is flexible enough that when I see a drama/movie/etc. I can see that actor on that role and literally owning it.

Now if you can only do Spiderman... I will definitely fall on that Cutie web and willing to be your prey. Cute Sheep Emoticon 019.gif

Very nice interview. I really like this... not just because of the leggings...

Source  http://www.instylekorea.com/article/article.asp?aid=14161&code=06010400

English translation by manyearsago @ soompi using Korean-Japanese Google translator, please note the English translation posted here might have some discrepancies from the original Korean article.

Guest evening2star

----------To Joo Won, what kind of work is it as an actor?

It is God’s calling.-----------

It's so weird to call he's vocation will of God. Maybe I do not understand something in life? But how can it be God's will participate in showbusiness?? :(

Guest evening2star

Is it acting talent??? This is blasphemy in the name of God to call it talent. His talent from God is singing . God gave him a beautiful voice, and by Joo very stupid to waste it on nothing.

I dun think there is anything wrong for him to say tat it is god calling. Sorry in advance if there r believers who may b offended.

A talent can b in many areas. Joo won probably feel tat thru acting he can connect with ppl. Nothing wrong. Many singers started as gospel singers but later their music path took a total different direction tat does not glorify god. I think tat is even worse.

Same with religious leaders who end up teaching their beliefs n cheating funds.

I read somewhere tat joo won dad gave tis stage name to him with meaning as god willing. Mayb joo won just trying to live up to his dad hopes for him n his religion.

Yes he has a good voice. Think we fans r really thankful for his heartfelt acting n singing.

Again I apologise for my posting. He really appeal to me as a humble n just himself.

Guest evening2star

Please do not throw me tomatoes. I'm a adult woman and I have children about your age, and I understand that waiting for a man who lives in the name of God that life. I drew attention to the attitude of his fans to him. There is not respect to him. You make fun of his body, his behavior, his emotions. I have never seen such an attitude of fans to their idols. You laugh, but I cry, you're having fun, and I cry out in pain. Because imagine if he was my child or my husband or father. And this happens not only in this forum. And what will happen when he gets married? If his wife is a decent woman, how she can reacted. What would you do in her place? And his children? Parents? At he's heart is the emptiness in his heart ache. Joo is not on the right path. The Bible says: There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end - the way to death.

Guest evening2star

I come from a creative family. And so I began career as an actress and has been extremely successful. In the Institute of acting and took me without exams. But I gave up everything! Despite the entreaties of relatives and friends. Have you ever dived into the world of show business? This marsh is full of debauchery. It's worse prostitution. Survive only those who have neither conscience nor honor. The rest suffer permanent depressed, drink, and take antidepressants and often commit suicide. Believe me, I say, because I know a lot of actors, I know what their life. Many would like to quit, but for various reasons can not. Someone because of money, someone just because of a lack of willpower. Actors are the most miserable people. They are often not successful marriages and unhappy children. They are constantly under the eye of the public. They have no freedom. They are like slaves. Sorry if that is not so said. I just watch and see how Joo changed in the 4 years. Believe me, I did not want to offend anyone or humiliate. I just know very well the life of actors and clearly see that this is not the path that chose Joo.

Thanks @manyearsago for the translation!

manyearsago said:

[iNTERVIEW]  InStyle Magazine 2014 June Issue

It seems you are not the one having too much interest in fashion.  You don’t care your style? (laugh)

~ Normally I don’t talk to the stylist too much about colour of the clothes but I really did a lot of fitting for this project.  It is really difficult to digest especially in distinguishing Woo Ki Myung’s fashion preferences.   But now I know how comfortable leggings are.  In the beginning, “Waa!” Its elasticity comes natural, I found it comfortable wearing them.

Guest evening2star

Yes from your side you're absolutely right. But ... look in his eyes, tongue may deceive, but eyes never. Look at him not in the movies, but in real life! On his gestures, at a glance, the actions .... Do not see the obvious?? About an the interview. You have seen all the interviews? Have you noticed how often changes his mind, and outlook on life, even though he tries to hide it? He can not sit still, his eyes are constantly running. You say that he is an adult? He's still a kid with a lot of complexes. Do not say that he's shy, he was very complexed. The man in 26 years a different behavior. So he rushes to the stage, because it is only there that he could relax. He needs help! Real help. Perhaps as a child he had what that great stress. I do not know. But now he needs a moral emergency aid. I would like to met his parents. Do they not see or feel. I'm sure that's not true.

Guest evening2star

P. S. Look, almost a year and he still can not come out from a doctor role. Scary ...

I'm all for writing here, I hope to find people for whom Joo more important as a person, not as an actor.

First of all, I have to say "SORRY" especially to @evening2star.  
I have never thought my crappy translation would have caused such a heated discussion here.  I apologise again if my translation has upset and offended you @evening2star in particular and other people and probably reminded people of their own painful experience.  I have no intention to hurt anyone's feelings here.  
My pure intention of doing Joo Won's translation is to share his news when English source of his news and interviews are limited.  There are occasions I might have used inappropriate words since I don't read Korean and there could be some areas I have overlooked.  
I went back to the original Korean article and check the meaning of that particular word.  I also checked Korean and Japanese dictionaries again.
What Joo means is exactly like what @Jacquelyn Allen mentioned in her post, 

Jacquelyn Allen

said:

It is God’s calling.-----------
I think that what he might be referring to is that his talent is God given and therefor he feels the need to use that talent.

Guest evening2star

Dear Ledies

Should not panic so much due to the translation. A translation is not to blame. I think I finally turned to the wrong address. Forgive me if my worries about Joo as a man sowed panic in your hearts. Please continue to enjoy it as an actor, actually this need and fans. Excuse me again. Blessings to you all.