Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

farbarri said: i watched the 2014 Japanese Fanmeeting with nervousness all the while he sings (i skipped some interviews part as i dont understand what they talk about). i couldnt even watch his face because i was scared he will not sound as good as how the fanaccount described him to be.
BUT... i smiled when i see him sing, giggled all the time he ran around the audience, i laughed seeing his drawing, i replayed his songs, tried to make screencaps but got too excited and gave up, and practically spazzed like a normal fangirl. i didnt see anything wrong with the video. Joowon looks happy, which makes me happy. he dances, sings, laughs, and i followed everything that he did like a schoolgirl that i used to be. :x :x :x
his songs? he sounds AWESOME! i love I Believe and both Good Doctor OSTs. sure, his voice cracks once when he sings the ridiculously high note in L7CS's OST The Way To You. he embarrassingly laughs, and so do i. ;;) ;;) even 2PM Junho sings it in falsetto, but Joowon tried singing in high note in both fanmeetings in Japan and he nailed it in 2013, but cracked in 2014. still, he sounds better than when he performs it in 2013.
no cheers? during songs, Japanese videos often mutes audience's audio in order to not disturb the beauty of the song. i watch so many kpop artists' performance in Japan and i was surprised the first time i watched their whole concert video, because i cant hear fans screaming. but this is an official video, not a fancam. so of course we cant hear the screaming like in kpop performances in korea. i personally prefer to hear some screams, but the audience's audio was muted, not that they didnt scream. with that hotness? impossible to not scream. i can see the blue light-sticks they lit up during performances, and when the camera shows the audience, they were very supportive of him. standing up and dancing along. it was a fun atmosphere! :D :D
he sings Nothing Better so well! i love his soft, soothing voice~ :x :x :x he cant sing towards the end, but his voice didnt go out of pitch at all. he just cant get the words out because he was crying. he tried to sing, while crying in between. awww~
the only thing i'm disappointed in the video is that:1) he doesnt sing any girl group songs. :)) :)) i actually want him to sing 1 or 2 new songs from recent groups now, so fans can connect with him better. but it's alright. from 2013's songs, Joowon sings L7CS OST, I Believe and Nadeshiko. new songs are two Good Doctor OSTs, JYP's Honey (dance), Unchained Melody guitar version, Nothing Better and Baker King OST.
2) the camera doesnt zoom at the RIGHT places when he dances to JYP's Honey song (he lip synched, but the recorded version is his own voice). that song has sooooo many great choreographies for fanservice. but the camera zooms on his upper half only.... what's the use of a butt shake if it's not shown? X( X( X( X(

mrdimples said: Like I said, different people are bound to have different reaction to this video. I guess for me because I had that one Japanese fan account(which surely does not represent everyone there but still left an impression on me) in my mind, I saw it differently. For @coolreborn, she had the experience of going to the Thailand fanmeet which was vastly differently.

You pointed out correctly that this being an official video might have muted the screams but I suspect in reality, the audience is more quiet than compared to elsewhere. It is probably because of the difference in culture? Osaka was reportedly different with a far more rapturous crowd which in turn got a more exuberant Joo Won, not that he was lifeless here. He really worked it out no matter what.

Some Japanese fans may be more demanding like the one who wrote the account but I think I have to see it in perspective. Japanese fans in particular are probably the most exposed to kpop groups or actors' fanmeets. It's no secret that the biggest revenue comes from them. In Joo Won's case, they are the only ones who have seen Joo Won more than once. Perhaps, it is human nature that after watching the 2013 FM, you would want something different the next year. Kpop groups do have the benefit of performing new songs but it's more difficult for an actor. However having said that, I think Joo Won's fanmeet is worth every cent. He is one rare actor who can sing well and dance well too. Not many actors can boast of such feats during fanmeets.

I also think the agency has to manage this aspect better. I don't know about fanmeets but maybe engage someone dedicated to design the program. They also have to manage the image they give to fans. One fan was overheard commenting that Sim was charging an arm and foot when they announced a special fan meeting at the end of this concert. They even guessed it was to be held in Morning Calm Village. I am not against such activities per se but I can see the obvious danger when they are not handled properly. The worst would be fans going away, feeling they are being milked and although Joo Won has no part in this kind of things except to deliver, it cannot be good for him.

Honestly I have no idea how things can be made better for Joo Won, If I remember the facts correctly, this coming March, he will accompany Japanese fans who have bought a special event ticket. He will meet them at the Morning Calm Village, perform the activities and then accompany them on the entire bus ride to D-cube where he will have to perform. Even if he has to drop from exhaustion to deliver the goods, he will. And that's the part I am afraid of.

@farbarri : Just wanted to be sure wasn't Chansung in Tokyo and not Osaka? Because on the 11th was the GD Press conference and on 12th was the L7CS DVD release. Both the events were in Tokyo. In Osaka which was on the 14th (I think) the FM tickets were sold out and it was purely for the publicity of Good Doctor and Ghost. Even his twitter pic with Chansung and Im Yunho was in Tokyo right?

simplydramafied1082 said: @farbarri : Just wanted to be sure wasn't Chansung in Tokyo and not Osaka? Because on the 11th was the GD Press conference and on 12th was the L7CS DVD release. Both the events were in Tokyo. In Osaka which was on the 14th (I think) the FM tickets were sold out and it was purely for the publicity of Good Doctor and Ghost. Even his twitter pic with Chansung and Im Yunho was in Tokyo right?

farbarri said: mrdimples said: Like I said, different people are bound to have different reaction to this video. I guess for me because I had that one Japanese fan account(which surely does not represent everyone there but still left an impression on me) in my mind, I saw it differently. For @coolreborn, she had the experience of going to the Thailand fanmeet which was vastly differently.

You pointed out correctly that this being an official video might have muted the screams but I suspect in reality, the audience is more quiet than compared to elsewhere. It is probably because of the difference in culture? Osaka was reportedly different with a far more rapturous crowd which in turn got a more exuberant Joo Won, not that he was lifeless here. He really worked it out no matter what.

Some Japanese fans may be more demanding like the one who wrote the account but I think I have to see it in perspective. Japanese fans in particular are probably the most exposed to kpop groups or actors' fanmeets. It's no secret that the biggest revenue comes from them. In Joo Won's case, they are the only ones who have seen Joo Won more than once. Perhaps, it is human nature that after watching the 2013 FM, you would want something different the next year. Kpop groups do have the benefit of performing new songs but it's more difficult for an actor. However having said that, I think Joo Won's fanmeet is worth every cent. He is one rare actor who can sing well and dance well too. Not many actors can boast of such feats during fanmeets.

I also think the agency has to manage this aspect better. I don't know about fanmeets but maybe engage someone dedicated to design the program. They also have to manage the image they give to fans. One fan was overheard commenting that Sim was charging an arm and foot when they announced a special fan meeting at the end of this concert. They even guessed it was to be held in Morning Calm Village. I am not against such activities per se but I can see the obvious danger when they are not handled properly. The worst would be fans going away, feeling they are being milked and although Joo Won has no part in this kind of things except to deliver, it cannot be good for him.

Honestly I have no idea how things can be made better for Joo Won, If I remember the facts correctly, this coming March, he will accompany Japanese fans who have bought a special event ticket. He will meet them at the Morning Calm Village, perform the activities and then accompany them on the entire bus ride to D-cube where he will have to perform. Even if he has to drop from exhaustion to deliver the goods, he will. And that's the part I am afraid of.

Guest mindymoe

I want to post moaty gif at first, but I don't want to ruin this serious mood right now :)) :))
So I'll post this Cutie's unique way in running

gk4.gif

wah so blurry... sorry :(( :((

@stearly then the fans in Osaka must be great ones, like those in Thailand. if fans are more lively, then Joowon would feel better as well, thus performs better. oh well, i happen to like the video, though i wish they would have recorded a more lively audience. but Joowon sings well, and he looks like he's having fun. :D

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day :x :x :x

Uri cutie's schedule for the next 2 days is empty which I really hope is truly free days for him... he really needs some personal time for himself as well as his family. I remember reading recently in an article that cutie wants to have more time to spend with his family and friends. Even though I miss seeing him on the small screen, I want him to slow down his working pace. Best if he can just work on one project at a time since he has to study for the Master's degree course which he most likely has to complete before he gets enlisted for MS.

Since itz Valentine's Day, shall we send uri cutie tweets tomorrow showing our love and care for him? :x :x :x :x

Following up on @ctfrsgp's idea on Valentine's tweet, can I call contributors to post fan art here?

@AndrejaH, @stearly and anyone who would like to design a Valentine Greeting card for Joo Won Cutie International Fans to tweet to Joo Won. We will tweet as many as we receive. Just make sure you put a watermark "Joo Won Cutie International FC" on it.

Fashion King is not SIM movie. From previous article which I've read, the movie production company is Ylab company and the producer is Cha Seung-Jae. So I think Fashion King is better production than Catch Me. I don't mean to compare, but Kang dong-won and Jo jung-suk become popular after they're starring as highschooler in temptation of wolves & architecture 101, so i hope this time, Fashion King movie will become joowon's breakout role in movie industry.

a bit information about oh ki-hwan (director's fashion king)

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2013/06/25/translating-a-south-korean-tearjerker-for-china/

cha seung-jae (producer's Fashion King)

http://enkr.blouinartinfo.com/news/story/989926/film-producer-cha-seung-jae-on-the-art-of-lying

farbarri

said:

mrdimples said: Following up on @ctfrsgp's idea on Valentine's tweet, can I call contributors to post fan art here?

@AndrejaH, @stearly and anyone who would like to design a Valentine Greeting card for Joo Won Cutie International Fans to tweet to Joo Won. We will tweet as many as we receive. Just make sure you put a watermark "Joo Won Cutie International FC" on it.