Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Joo-won, Sulli take on Fashion King adaptationby javabeans | December 28, 2013 | 

joowon_120.jpg

Joo-won’s potential casting for the webtoon-turned-movie Fashion King was floated previously, and now he has confirmed that the film will be his next project, alongside idol-actress Sulli (To the Beautiful You) and Kim Sung-oh (When a Man Loves, Secret Garden). The role will have Joo-won playing a high school student, which may be a little bit of a stretch (he’s 26), but hey—if Lee Min-ho could do it, I guess so can Joo-won. At least he has the baby face and the boyish real-life persona to young him down a little.

The plot of Fashion King (which is nothing at all like the drama Fashion King) unfolds when a completely ordinary high school student decides to win over his crush’s heart by transforming his image. She (played by Sulli) is the prettiest face in the class, so he’ll have to upgrade his fashion sense and become the coolest guy around to match her standards. Kim Sung-oh will play a mentor-like figure to Joo-won.

The story promises to be an upbeat coming-of-age story that mixes its plot with fashion-related elements and is putting a lot of hope in the webtoon’s popularity and adolescent and young adult fanbase to drive the film to success. You can see in the fan-art posted below that there were fans excited about the idea of a film adaptation even before this one was announced; the collages feature imaginary castings from a couple years ago. They’re pretty spot-on, actually.

Directed by Oh Ki-hwan of Art of Seduction and with Tazza and Beat producer Cha Seung-jae onboard, the movie will begin filming in January.

kimsungoh_9.jpg

fashionking1.jpg

fashionking2.jpg

fashionking3.jpg

fashionking4.jpg

Via TV ReportNewsen

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/12/joo-won-sulli-take-on-fashion-king-adaptation/

• Replies 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

no news tonight as Joowon's busy with Ghost. the show's ended now, i think. oh well, i guess i'll just re-watch my fav scenes from Gaksital and Good Doctor, and dreaming of Joowon's reaction when he wins KBS Top Excellence Actor and/or KBS Daesang. :D
i read the MBC nominations article, and the blogger mentioned that for MBC, those who are nominated for Top Excellence are automatically nominated for Daesang. there is this one time where an actor wins both Top Excellence and Daesang. :) i hope it's the same procedure for KBS award as well. i'm not aiming for both, but i hope Joowon will win either one. the competition for Daesang is very tough, but let's hope the best person wins. fighting! :-bd

* try to surface of this pics flooding *

connexion is the only reason to keep sane, pics of @mrdimples and next post don't be displayed... #:-S
I think they have freeze my computer after my brain....

You all are so cruel... I found this little big gem exactly 4 months ago with Gaksital. Since then I couldn't watch a drama without being disappointed at one moment (yes, even Good doctor took a very long time to let me go out of my cloud). Post Kang To is equal to the restart button for me !

@moonandhearts, I have a part of the OST in all my playlists, and I still have my mind that fly away when I heard one sond or music... I don't think there will be a time when I can heard them peacefully, it's always like that when the OST and the drama/movie upset me.

I could watch him in gaksital pics/videos/gif for hours...When he takes of his suit before whiping Bo Yi....*pouf*

Some old photos when Cutie was the understudy and performing for Spring Awakening 2009. Right now Jo Jong Seok has confirmed to be there at the KBS Drama Awards for the weekend drama "Lee Soon Shin is the Best". So maybe we can see some Bromance BTS :D
JooWonspringawake_zpse7225bff.jpg

JooWonspringawake6_zps383313d2.jpg

JooWonspringawake2_zpse88dff85.jpg

JooWonspringawake5_zpsb1ea21d8.jpg

JooWonspringawake1_zpsc64a85d9.jpg

JooWonspringawake3_zps34d430d0.jpg

JooWonspringawake4_zpsd832b0af.jpg

JooWonspringawake9_zpsb3e12ca5.jpg

JooWonspringawake10_zpsb7c0bb95.jpg

JooWonspringawake8_zpsbd94d523.jpg

Additionally, Kim Hye Soo (contender for the Daesang) acted with JJS in "The Face Reader" will be there too. Compared to MBC and SBS, KBS has the maximum attendees of actors and actresses for the awards. Below is a snapshot of the contenders from the prime time / popular dramas ( I am not sure whether Oh Ji Ho will be coming or not):

kbsdramaawardscouples_zpsf20be433.jpg

Cr: As tagged

If anyone does manage to skim through articles on Naver or Daum, I hope you could find a link of an article where Joo Won is being considered a strong candidate for a PD Award from all the three channels which is KBS, MBC and SBS. This was like three weeks or more back when I saw the article online but forgot to post it on the thread.
Would be a great help if anyone could spot it. I tried surfing for it but there are like soooo many links from many news portals :( 
Last year it was Uhm Tae Woong and (hopefully) this year it will be Joo Won :)

Wow is Kangto the topic of the day? :))

Feel like re-watching Gaksital and Good Doctor, but I'm gonna finish Baker King and Ojakgyo Brothers first! Currently at episode 10 of Baker King... somehow I find Joo Won's style of talking a little... gentle-sounding? (felt the same for the OST song 'My Love'). It's the same voice yet its kind of different. In the scenes I've watched so far, his expressions doesn't change much -  but this also shows how much Cutie has improved his acting skills since debut.

Lol whenever I see Ma Jun talking coldly/calmly, I will think of Kangto's "GAKSITAAAAAAAL", and whenever I see scenes of bad guys beating up Kim Tak Goo, I will think of "GAKSITAL WILL NOT FORGIVE YOU!!!"  :))

He has improved so tremendously between Baker King and Gaksital that I'm so looking forward to start watching Ojakgyo Brothers to see the 'bridge' between these two dramas.

Ooh and I think I must have missed cutie so much that I dreamt of him :\"> Like i was paired with him and playing games together on 2D1N  :)) Ahhh I don't wanna wake up from that dream!
:x

To close my Kang To and Bridal Mask day...

because I'm a fan of Muse

because I never stressed and cried as much as watching this drama

and because Lee Kang To....

Now, I go to sleep and try to see him in my dreams

Do you know...From what I've known,Fashionable and trendy in Korea  = G Dragon
So if Joo Won is going to be fashionable and trendy,I can only imagine Joo Won in Gdragon clothes. 
So..I somehow did it and,, well.. ambiguous!

PicsArt_1388239566284 PicsArt_1388240429388
BTW,I like GD songs ..

• Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]
  • Guest unfeatured this topic