Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

simplydramafied1082 said: mrdimples said:Korean fans were very upset when news of Joo Won's participation in Fashion King was announced months ago. Apparently, though the webtoon is popular, it is just as unpopular. I do not know the reason why but I assume Korean fans have Joo Won's welfare at heart and do not want him to play a controversial character or in a movie based on a controversial webtoon. They have been voicing their displeasure to Sim and making it publicly known. I speculate this is the reason why Sim chose to dance around the issue and adopt the typical "considering it positively" stance.

My own theory is that Joo Won has to "pay a price" for choosing to act in a musical. He himself said in an interview that the agency would rather he not do musicals because they aren't revenue generators and take a lot of time. I imagined that in exchange, he must undertake to act in a movie(dramas are out, impossible to juggle with the musical) and do all the fanmeets, CFs, interviews, promotions etc etc. Although "Catch Me" performed decently or better than expected at the box office, it was mostly the result of blood and sweat from Joo Won. Sometimes when I look at Kim Ah Joong's unsmiling face, I wonder if she is tired and fed up of it all. Joo Won being Joo Won, still smiles brightly but we can see the extreme fatigue on his face. So it pains me that he will be repeating the same routine for "Fashion King" especially if it's a show he didn't choose and turns out to be less than worthy.

I also heard that Level 7 Civil Servant was "forced" upon him. This was picked up by fans who read a message from the producer or production thanking Sim CEO for "making it happen" Well, we know how that turned out.

I can only hope that somehow, Joo Won does not suffer too much from this and maybe even gains from it. From L7CS, he got 2 good friends in CKH and Chansung. Hopefully, a miracle will happen in Fashion King. After all, this is a man who sucks lemon like it''s a sweet. Give him a lemon and he will make lemonade.

Each drama or movie he undertakes has opportunity costs in terms of passing up other choices, time spent, effort put in and many more. Not to mention, impact on image which I am most worried about. As a fan, I would want to see him in a good project,something that can contribute to his growth as an actor, boost his popularity and does good to his image. So I can understand how Korean fans feel. However, we must remember that the person most affected by all these is Joo Won himself. If there is anytime he need more love, understanding and support from his fans, it's now.

• Replies 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

apparently, today (28/12/2013) is a full-house for Ghost, with only 2 seats empty. DAEBAK!!!\(^-^)/
Untitled-6.jpg

let's check out 29th December tickets. 18 seats left out of 1,242 seats :D. i'm expecting more to be sold tomorrow prior to the show, but this is a great response so far. Ghost has had a great run throughout December. hopefully tickets are selling well too for the other actors.
Untitled1.jpg

stearly said: class="titleNews"Joo Won, f(x) Sulli and Kim Sung Oh to Act in ‘Fashion King’
Joo Won, f(x)’s Sulli and Kim Sung Oh will be acting alongside each other in the upcoming movie Fashion King.

Ylab, the movie production company, announced on December 27, “Joo Won, Sulli and Kim Sung Oh are confirmed to star in Fashion King.”

“Sulli will be one of the two lead actresses in the movie, taking the role of Gwak Eun Jin, and Kim Sung Oh will act as Joo Won’s mentor, Kim Nam Jung,” said Ylab. “The other lead actress has not been cast yet.”
According to Ylab, the movie will be written by Yoon In Wan, a well-known cartoonist, who has written international best seller cartoon series.

Fashion King is a movie based on a popular online cartoon series, depicting the story of a high school boy, who strives to earn the attention of his love interest from school. The cartoon series was a big success, earning over four million hits online.

The movie will start filming in the middle of January.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/54599/joowon-fx-sulli-and-kimsungoh-will-star-in-movie-fashion-king

Wew many great news, Catch Me was sold in 7 countries included my country. Really happy to hear that, but I think it will hard to watched because the biggest theatre (and the only theatre that showing korean/asian movie) was so far from my home I need two hours to reach that place:-( traffic is a nightmare.

So, there are another actress, I hope I will like her :-D even the story looks simple but I trusted JW will be played good and give his amazing act to that movie.

Hmm I think I should appologize to MBC for my last post about JW. I hear that JW has nominated for Male Excellent. I knew it impossible to win that award because the other nominee (Lee Jun Ki and Joo Ji Hoon) are seniors and also good in acted even 7G rate more high than two dramas. I just think, will JW coming to the award? Probably he will meet with his two lover, CKH and Uee LOL (the two ladies has nominated too). MBCA will be heald on December 30 just one day before KBSA. So, I think JW could be coming.

Wew many great news, Catch Me was sold in 7 countries included my country. Really happy to hear that, but I think it will hard to watched because the biggest theatre (and the only theatre that showing korean/asian movie) was so far from my home I need two hours to reach that place:-( traffic is a nightmare.

So, there are another actress, I hope I will like her :-D even the story looks simple but I trusted JW will be played good and give his amazing act to that movie.

Hmm I think I should appologize to MBC for my last post about JW. I hear that JW has nominated for Male Excellent. I knew it impossible to win that award because the other nominee (Lee Jun Ki and Joo Ji Hoon) are seniors and also good in acted even 7G rate more high than two dramas. I just think, will JW coming to the award? Probably he will meet with his two lover, CKH and Uee LOL (the two ladies has nominated too). MBCA will be heald on December 30 just one day before KBSA. So, I think JW could be coming.

Good Doctor DVD Set

To those who will want to buy Good Doctor DVD check out what they got *they send me this specs*

Basic Contents -10 DISK (Original Drama w/ English subtitles) + 2 Bonus DISK (Interviews,Makings,Deleted Scenes, etc. w/o subtitles) -Script book for all Episodes (In Korean) -Photo book (52 pages)-Signed post cards of: Joo Won, Chae-won Moon, Sang-uk Joo, Yong-guang Kim (Copied signature. One each)

To those who pre-ordered DVD-Detailed setting book of  Drama 'Good Doctor' -Unreleased OST -Good Doctor Poster -Main Actor's real signature (20 for each actor) will be randomly included, LIMITED AMOUNT!!

Pre-order linksUSA- http://shop.innolife.com/item.php?grp=1&cid=76&iid=188595 China- http://shop.innolife.com/item.php?grp=1&cid=76&iid=188595Japan- http://shop.innolife.net/shop/list.php?ac_id=419&ai_id=188595&inno_Session=493f67a05a3cb40edf512ebfc5454031 Korea- http://www.aladin.co.kr/shop/wproduct.aspx?isbn=3462430206

jc63.jpg

k9na.jpg

m5je.jpg

1tf8.jpg

Totally tempted,  please buy one and support Good Doctor!!!

• Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]
  • Guest unfeatured this topic