Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@ Ma OO Yes the girl he loves and the girl who loves him :) And I think the character of the girl who loves him is more interesting (if I guess correctly from the webtoon images ^^) Thanks for the article, Kim sung oh is a good actor ! Hope for a good script :)

Wah! Weeeeeee.... :-)

I think we have discussed about Cutie and Fashion King in this thread before. There are pros and cons, negativity and positivity, likes and dislikes :-) Personally I'm not invested in the storyline but at the same time excited that he will act as a highschooler this time, in many of his interviews, it is one of his dream role to act as a student. Better late than never bebeh... do it before you enter the Army ;-) ;-)

Fighting Joo Won!

Kim Sung Oh was in PS Partner which had Kim A Joong and Ji Sung. Also he was there in Ajusshi with my Won Bin oppa. Plus he is a funny guy.... Seen his interview on MBC Radio Star, the guy was hilarious in his stories. But if the movie is gonna crank in soon, then how is he gonna manage the drama shooting of "Generation of Youth"? Suddenly I am interested in Fashion King :) By the way has the producers changed for the movie? I believe it was a different movie banner before.

Aissshh.....this morning I just blurbed "Fashion King" and then this news appears. I have been chanting "No news is good news" but I guess things were cast in stone long ago, fans and reactions be damned.

What I am going to say from hereon is based on hearsay, I have no evidence so you can skip or take it with a pinch of salt. Joo Won doesn't pick scripts or rather he doesn't always get a say in choice of projects. Korean fans were very upset when news of Joo Won's participation in Fashion King was announced months ago. Apparently, though the webtoon is popular, it is just as unpopular. I do not know the reason why but I assume Korean fans have Joo Won's welfare at heart and do not want him to play a controversial character or in a movie based on a controversial webtoon. They have been voicing their displeasure to Sim and making it publicly known. I speculate this is the reason why Sim chose to dance around the issue and adopt the typical "considering it positively" stance.

My own theory is that Joo Won has to "pay a price" for choosing to act in a musical. He himself said in an interview that the agency would rather he not do musicals because they aren't revenue generators and take a lot of time. I imagined that in exchange, he must undertake to act in a movie(dramas are out, impossible to juggle with the musical) and do all the fanmeets, CFs, interviews, promotions etc etc. Although "Catch Me" performed decently or better than expected at the box office, it was mostly the result of blood and sweat from Joo Won. Sometimes when I look at Kim Ah Joong's unsmiling face, I wonder if she is tired and fed up of it all. Joo Won being Joo Won, still smiles brightly but we can see the extreme fatigue on his face. So it pains me that he will be repeating the same routine for "Fashion King" especially if it's a show he didn't choose and turns out to be less than worthy.

I also heard that Level 7 Civil Servant was "forced" upon him. This was picked up by fans who read a message from the producer or production thanking Sim CEO for "making it happen" Well, we know how that turned out.

I can only hope that somehow, Joo Won does not suffer too much from this and maybe even gains from it. From L7CS, he got 2 good friends in CKH and Chansung. Hopefully, a miracle will happen in Fashion King. After all, this is a man who sucks lemon like it''s a sweet. Give him a lemon and he will make lemonade.

Each drama or movie he undertakes has opportunity costs in terms of passing up other choices, time spent, effort put in and many more. Not to mention, impact on image which I am most worried about. As a fan, I would want to see him in a good project,something that can contribute to his growth as an actor, boost his popularity and does good to his image. So I can understand how Korean fans feel. However, we must remember that the person most affected by all these is Joo Won himself. If there is anytime he need more love, understanding and support from his fans, it's now.

The plot on http://asianwiki.com/Fashion_King_(Korean_Movie) "High school student Woo Ki-Myung (Joo Won) decides to become the most fabulous man in the world. He does this to mach up with a pretty girl who is his high school classmate. Meanwhile, Kwak Eun-Jin (Sulli) likes Woo Ki-Myung. She attempts to change her style to catch his attention." @simplydramafied1082 I like him best in Secret Garden and his acting in Ajusshi was also very good :)

@mrdimples

I somehow feel that Sim Ent is exploiting Joo Won.(actually all their actors.Most of their artists don't really REST) This is just my views so don't take it too seriously.

At first,I don't want him to act in this movie because of the storyline.Now,I just don't like it because it is too much for him to handle.Even it has become a fantastic plot now,I DON'T WANT him to start filming anytime soon.Next month, He has many musical performances as a lead,CF shootings,Fanmeeting in overseas ,school and now filmings?Is he really really okay?

I am very much upset with Sim ent since they forced him to do interviews last month when he was very sick.Even the interviewer was worried about him.

I really hope the reality is opposite of what I think.

mrdimples said:Korean fans were very upset when news of Joo Won's participation in Fashion King was announced months ago. Apparently, though the webtoon is popular, it is just as unpopular. I do not know the reason why but I assume Korean fans have Joo Won's welfare at heart and do not want him to play a controversial character or in a movie based on a controversial webtoon. They have been voicing their displeasure to Sim and making it publicly known. I speculate this is the reason why Sim chose to dance around the issue and adopt the typical "considering it positively" stance.

My own theory is that Joo Won has to "pay a price" for choosing to act in a musical. He himself said in an interview that the agency would rather he not do musicals because they aren't revenue generators and take a lot of time. I imagined that in exchange, he must undertake to act in a movie(dramas are out, impossible to juggle with the musical) and do all the fanmeets, CFs, interviews, promotions etc etc. Although "Catch Me" performed decently or better than expected at the box office, it was mostly the result of blood and sweat from Joo Won. Sometimes when I look at Kim Ah Joong's unsmiling face, I wonder if she is tired and fed up of it all. Joo Won being Joo Won, still smiles brightly but we can see the extreme fatigue on his face. So it pains me that he will be repeating the same routine for "Fashion King" especially if it's a show he didn't choose and turns out to be less than worthy.

I also heard that Level 7 Civil Servant was "forced" upon him. This was picked up by fans who read a message from the producer or production thanking Sim CEO for "making it happen" Well, we know how that turned out.

I can only hope that somehow, Joo Won does not suffer too much from this and maybe even gains from it. From L7CS, he got 2 good friends in CKH and Chansung. Hopefully, a miracle will happen in Fashion King. After all, this is a man who sucks lemon like it''s a sweet. Give him a lemon and he will make lemonade.

Each drama or movie he undertakes has opportunity costs in terms of passing up other choices, time spent, effort put in and many more. Not to mention, impact on image which I am most worried about. As a fan, I would want to see him in a good project,something that can contribute to his growth as an actor, boost his popularity and does good to his image. So I can understand how Korean fans feel. However, we must remember that the person most affected by all these is Joo Won himself. If there is anytime he need more love, understanding and support from his fans, it's now.

hey chingus...cheer up!! let's not dwell into it! let's put our wager onto our boy making miracles one more time!!

just like park shi on, joo won may be able to make another character virus to korea and even worldwide to kmovie lovers.

i am intrigued on how cutie will potray this character without bringing in park shi on at all.. because autism, geek, nerd .. you need skill to potray them differently..

it is a bet joowon may have considered. if it is a goal, he is no longer just drama actor. he is gonna be movie star. one level higher.

let us all support him in every thing he does like a friend should do! let's not be sad over it... :)

counting down.. 4 more days to kbs awards.. tick tock tick tock

writing Ghost fanaccount is so difficult! i cant stop thinking about Joowon's expression, and the great songs. my mind just keep wandering... when we see Joowon on stage, he IS Sam Wheat, there is no doubt about it. there were times when i dont know that dancers are on stage because i was too focused on Joowon, through my binoculars.

testing... testing... i want to insert my fanaccount inside a spoiler tag because it's too long. :D

Wow! Just came home with overworked shoulders (from carrying shopping bags LOL. big sale today ahahaha) and there are so many news on Joowon! Catch Me going to other countries (including Singapore yay!!!). And Joowon's taking up a new project!! Yayy!......???? Err but filming starts in January??? Amongst his Ghost performances and fan meetings etc?! When he's already so tired with his current schedule??? =o

Hope he gets MUCH MORE time to rest when promotion events for Catch Me are over.... >_<

No matter how much misgivings fans may have about his new movie project... no matter watz the real reasons tat lead to his decision to do it... We should respect his choice and give him our full support... if his fans do not support him then who else will be there to cheer him on besides his family and close friends. If there are any fans who choose to forsake him just becoz they do not agree with and support his decisions, are they still fit to be called his fans? Real fans stay on with him like leeches no matter what :D

Rem the time when we all thought L7CS was a rating disaster and how we worried it will ruin cutie's career... in the end, it was this "floppy" drama that has won uri cutie more younger and overseas fans, as well as his 2 new probably life-time friends - gangjjang and Chansung... oso it showed everyone that JW can play a comical character like Gil-Ro and with his noona gangjjang, they made Seo-Ro such a cute and lovable couple :x :x Even with strong competitors like TWTWB and IRIS 2, L7CS had managed to maintain a steady ratings though not high viewership but it did not perform as badly as the recent dramas like MHIYD and Pretty Boy which have experienced or hallyu cast members. This is bcoz of the cohesive cast and crew of L7CS who stayed positive and supportive of each other despite the crappy plot/script. We had seen that from the BTS vids and pics posted by the crew and cast in Twitter during that time.

I just want to say - letz stay positive and believe in our cutie that he will overcome all challenges that he will face to make this new movie a success. We should be wishing him success instead of thinking about the worst scenario even before the project kicks off. Itz like counting how many eggs will be broken even before the hen lays them.

The only complaint and greatest worry this bunnie noona has is when will cutie get a good night sleep... to get rid of those ever getting darker and bigger eyebags... :(( oso, I want cutie to eat well and be healthy.

ctfrsgp said: No matter how much misgivings fans may have about his new movie project... no matter watz the real reasons tat lead to his decision to do it... We should respect his choice and give him our full support... if his fans do not support him then who else will be there to cheer him on besides his family and close friends. If there are any fans who choose to forsake him just becoz they do not agree with and support his decisions, are they still fit to be called his fans? Real fans stay on with him like leeches no matter what :D Rem the time when we all thought L7CS was a rating disaster and how we worried it will ruin cutie's career... in the end, it was this "floppy" drama that has won uri cutie more younger and overseas fans, as well as his 2 new probably life-time friends - gangjjang and Chansung... oso it showed everyone that JW can play a comical character like Gil-Ro and with his noona gangjjang, they made Seo-Ro such a cute and lovable couple :x :x Even with strong competitors like TWTWB and IRIS 2, L7CS had managed to maintain a steady ratings though not high viewership but it did not perform as badly as the recent dramas like MHIYD and Pretty Boy which have experienced or hallyu cast members. This is bcoz of the cohesive cast and crew of L7CS who stayed positive and supportive of each other despite the crappy plot/script. We had seen that from the BTS vids and pics posted by the crew and cast in Twitter during that time. I just want to say - letz stay positive and believe in our cutie that he will overcome all challenges that he will face to make this new movie a success. We should be wishing him success instead of thinking about the worst scenario even before the project kicks off. Itz like counting how many eggs will be broken even before the hen lays them. The only complaint and greatest worry this bunnie noona has is when will cutie get a good night sleep... to get rid of those ever getting darker and bigger eyebags... :(( oso, I want cutie to eat well and be healthy.

I don’t

think a fan must agree with every action and decision. If he/she has regrets or

worries she/he has the right to voice them. For me a supporting an actor doesn’t

mean to say “amen” at all his work, without any criticism.

I didn’t

like his role in LC7, neither the drama, and I won’t pretend the contrary. I

won’t change my mind about his abilities because of that. I keep on waiting his

next project, even if my enthusiasm isn’t always very high ! Because he’s Joo

Won, a wonderful actor and he can change lead in gold.

I don’t

think that all girls who are worried or don’t like his choice are bad fans. By

now, the storyline (the little one we have) doesn’t seem interesting to me. I

just hope that it’s the slightest his choice and not just SIM’s one, as

@mrdimples said.

I did not say that fans who disagree with his decisions are bad fans... what Im meant is those who choose to not continue to support him just becoz they think he made the wrong choice.

Personally, Im not liking the role he will play in this new movie but I choose to believe JW will be able to turn this character into another lovable one like GR.