Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

i've been imagining that he would be getting tons of acting offers, be it in movies, dramas or musicals. and an article comes out to say that he rejected those to focus on his musicals. kekeke! my prediction/imagination came true! i think i'm psychic. 
anyway, i dont think it's possible for him to take up anything while he's practicing for Ghost. but i'm sure once he has started performing, he would be settling down into his comfort zone and could start considering some offers. if this were to happen, it would be during those last couple months of Ghost. i cant wait for it!!! :D

listening to Good Doctor OST and feeling massive withdrawal symptoms..... i'm crying my eyes out from remembering all the sad scenes.... this has only happened to me for Gaksital, no other dramas have this affect on me. for L7CS and OB, i remembered the good moments of Gilro-SeoHyun and TaeHee-JaEun relationship respectively. oh Good Doctor....... Joowon's vocals have improved so much! i liked his previous songs, but i think his OSTs are absolutely BRILLIANT for GD!!! he has better vocal control, and his vocal range has gotten higher and more stable. I LOVE YOU, JOOWON!!!

@stearly i somewhat agree yet slightly disagree with you on the awards thing. i agree with @manyearsago on her take of the awards, that it is an honor for Joowon to be nominated amidst many other experienced actors and actresses, though he may not win the award. let's make a quick count: every year, there would be about 10-14 dramas for Mon-Thu, and around 2-3 weekend dramas. taking the minimum count, 10+2 = 12 lead actors. out of this 12 experienced actors, Joowon is one of those nominated for Best Actor. i think this is absolutely amazing. :) daesang take into consideration both male and female so the competition is tougher. Joowon has only been in the short screen acting industry for only 4 years, and comparing that to those more experienced, they've been in the industry for much longer years. now, multiply this 12 lead actors to that of 3 main channels, therefore we get 36 lead actors, not including those on cables. so for Joowon and Joo Sang Wook to get nominated amidst the 36 is absolutely daebak to me. :D
beware, some of you may not agree with my opinion below, so brace yourselves:

try re-watching Gaksital and compare Joowon's acting skill with that of ShiOn in GD. i re-watch my Gaksital's fav moments of KangTo and i am surprised at the number of inconsistencies in Joowon's acting compared to how he is in GD. for instance, there are a lot of moments where KT's actions and reactions do not match when the scenes were edited. for instance, when the camera is focusing on him, he is looking to the right, whereas when the camera's focus is on someone else, he is looking straight instead of right. though these are minor inconsistencies, but they are noticeable nevertheless.

a good actor is not judged just based on how different his character is in real life to that of his drama character (Joowon is outstanding!). a good actor also has to bring out the best in his co-stars as well and not take the spotlight on his own. both of these are perfect for Joowon as KT, and he deserves the Best Actor award for these judgements. however, due to the minor mistake i pointed out previously, it is not possible for Joowon to win Daesang for Bridal Mask, nor why was he not nominated for the overall korean awards in 2012.

as much as i hate to admit it, there were also noticeable mistakes on the director's side, mainly of which is the confusion whether Gaksital consists of one person or multiple people. this is definitely down to the director's mistake as the editing and filming points out that Gaksital could be a group association. in 1st-3rd episode this still confuses certain viewers. i guess this could also be because HyunJoong does not do most of the stunts, so the editing is difficult to do.
however, @stearly, i agree with you that bosses could play a role in choosing the actors they want to win. however, i am glad that Joowon chooses a lot of KBS dramas as i can see that it's because KBS DID NOT do this, thus the truly great actors get to win. :) i have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but those who wins in KBS truly does deserve those awards. the same could not be said to MBC or SBS as there are those who question "why do this person win?" etc.

i apologize if i offended anyone from anything i mentioned above. this is only my opinion. :) having said all this, i agree with @mrdimples that i would throw a major fit if Joowon did not win Daesang awards this year. he has been nothing but outstanding as ShiOn, both character-wise and filming-wise. i only spot one mistake in inconsistency, and another due to directing. but everything else has been nothing but perfect, for all characters. a character and drama worthy of awards and fame.

I rarely watch awards show, its all about popularity of dramas/actors rather than talents. Just meh!I'm hoping for any drama announcement or project in 2-3 months, regardless of his buzy schedule. yes, I am greedy! muhahahahahah *ugly laugh*
thanx @raito1310.. looking forward to this :D

@7superman !!!  Welcome my dear Kites' chingu. Now you are now part of the Joo Won Cuties/soompiers too. >:D<  I'm glad you decided to delurked dear. No problem with your English , I can pretty much understand you. :D I am not a native English speaker too. Hope you'll be delurking from now on eh. :D

So... the no. 1 question ask to long time lurker who delurked.... Garden, Rockies or Moat???  :D

@cece87: You better answer this too!!! ;))

@classygirls8: Ai... he got new project... we are doing it right now... kekekekeke. *licks*

Yay..Congratulations for 1700 pages.

@coolreborn I have decided i think i want in the garden but...can i see you in the moat sometime

:x :D:D:D

manyearsago said: Just drop in to say "HI" to everyone.
Thanks @coolreborn @mrdimples @jwthfc for doing all the hard work.   We finally got an official feedback from Joo Won.  Well done girls!!  Congratulations!!   Looking forward to more interesting projects.
Catching up reading news updates and found an insightful article.  Won't be surprised if the reporter is actually his fan.  Not sure if it has been posted here before.http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=1979535&categoryCode=DR

As a JW fan, I hope it will happen. If not, it never disappoints me and I reckon JW doesn't lose anything at all as he is pretty much recognised by the industry for his talents.  On top of it, he is the youngest one amongst all and it is already an honour for him to be nominated together with the experienced and excellent sunbaenims for the same award.  All I can say is I respect culture of the industry in his country whatever the result is.
I enjoyed watching Good Doctor very much!!  It was really good that JW came across with such a good script and a good production team.  He never fails to challenge himself and disappoint his fans!!
Good on you!! Joo Won!!

@Farbarrihttp://eemoticons.net    how can you say that to my Lee Kang To,my baby . Anyways,it's okay everyone has their own opinions. :D Lee Kang To holds a very special place in my heart (even a little bit more than Joo Won himself) Till now,I still listen to judgement day every time when I am feeling down.For me ,BM is his best role. :)
For me:Lee Kang To   > Park Shi On  >Tae Hee > Ma Joon >>>>>>>>> Gil Ro 

farbarri said: @stearly i somewhat agree yet slightly disagree with you on the awards thing. i agree with @manyearsago on her take of the awards, that it is an honor for Joowon to be nominated amidst many other experienced actors and actresses, though he may not win the award. let's make a quick count: every year, there would be about 10-14 dramas for Mon-Thu, and around 2-3 weekend dramas. taking the minimum count, 10+2 = 12 lead actors. out of this 12 experienced actors, Joowon is one of those nominated for Best Actor. i think this is absolutely amazing. :) daesang take into consideration both male and female so the competition is tougher. Joowon has only been in the short screen acting industry for only 4 years, and comparing that to those more experienced, they've been in the industry for much longer years. now, multiply this 12 lead actors to that of 3 main channels, therefore we get 36 lead actors, not including those on cables. so for Joowon and Joo Sang Wook to get nominated amidst the 36 is absolutely daebak to me. :D
beware, some of you may not agree with my opinion below, so brace yourselves:

try re-watching Gaksital and compare Joowon's acting skill with that of ShiOn in GD. i re-watch my Gaksital's fav moments of KangTo and i am surprised at the number of inconsistencies in Joowon's acting compared to how he is in GD. for instance, there are a lot of moments where KT's actions and reactions do not match when the scenes were edited. for instance, when the camera is focusing on him, he is looking to the right, whereas when the camera's focus is on someone else, he is looking straight instead of right. though these are minor inconsistencies, but they are noticeable nevertheless.

a good actor is not judged just based on how different his character is in real life to that of his drama character (Joowon is outstanding!). a good actor also has to bring out the best in his co-stars as well and not take the spotlight on his own. both of these are perfect for Joowon as KT, and he deserves the Best Actor award for these judgements. however, due to the minor mistake i pointed out previously, it is not possible for Joowon to win Daesang for Bridal Mask, nor why was he not nominated for the overall korean awards in 2012.

as much as i hate to admit it, there were also noticeable mistakes on the director's side, mainly of which is the confusion whether Gaksital consists of one person or multiple people. this is definitely down to the director's mistake as the editing and filming points out that Gaksital could be a group association. in 1st-3rd episode this still confuses certain viewers. i guess this could also be because HyunJoong does not do most of the stunts, so the editing is difficult to do.
however, @stearly, i agree with you that bosses could play a role in choosing the actors they want to win. however, i am glad that Joowon chooses a lot of KBS dramas as i can see that it's because KBS DID NOT do this, thus the truly great actors get to win. :) i have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but those who wins in KBS truly does deserve those awards. the same could not be said to MBC or SBS as there are those who question "why do this person win?" etc.

i apologize if i offended anyone from anything i mentioned above. this is only my opinion. :) having said all this, i agree with @coolreborn that i would throw a major fit if Joowon did not win Daesang awards this year. he has been nothing but outstanding as ShiOn, both character-wise and filming-wise. i only spot one mistake in inconsistency, and another due to directing. but everything else has been nothing but perfect, for all characters. a character and drama worthy of awards and fame.

i dont want to write too long on awards 
as being nominated is already vvv good already
if he wins is fantastic as he got awarded for his hard work
if he doesnt then just be it
even i ll get angry at 1st when i first heard he never get any award but i wont be too sad too long as to me i have been enjoying his acting 
so that s all 
he has given the viewers the enjoyment with his acting and i think this kind of recognity and the enjoyment the viewers have is more than any awards can be received ba
Just my thinking 

Guest seiryu82

ellasam81 said: i dont want to write too long on awards 
as being nominated is already vvv good already
if he wins is fantastic as he got awarded for his hard work
if he doesnt then just be it
even i ll get angry at 1st when i first heard he never get any award but i wont be too sad too long as to me i have been enjoying his acting 
so that s all 
he has given the viewers the enjoyment with his acting and i think this kind of recognity and the enjoyment the viewers have is more than any awards can be received ba
Just my thinking