Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Father's Day with Joo Won  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most fun father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  2. 2. Who is the strictest father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  3. 3. In which drama do you wish that Joo Won’s character should be closer to his dad? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice
    • My Sassy Girl
    • Yong Pal
    • Naeil’s Cantabile
    • Good Doctor
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant
    • Bridal Mask
    • Ojakgyo Family
    • King of Baking, Kim Takgu

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/23/2021 at 11:41 AM

http://my.tv.sohu.com/u/vw/32137958
I finally found the chinese subbed video of the interview that @sunshine4ever wanted to know more about. I have watched it before but I didn't keep it. I don't know why but this time, when I watched it, it totally touched me in another way.

This interview was conducted during the time when Joo Won’s movie Special Investigation Unit premiered.

(I skipped the introduction and go into the more significant parts.)

On his movie, Special Investigation Unit

Joo Won says he read a lot of psychology books for his role as a criminologist in SIU. The reporter asked him to psycho analyze her and Joo Won asked her if this is her normal behavior(LOL!) She said Yes. He still went on to wave his hands in her exaggerated fashion and asked her again. She stuck to it so he just said very good and both end up laughing. He was asked about his estimate of the box office takings, he said 300 to 400 thousand. She said that’s the norm these days so he added “600, then”

Baking on the Baker King, Kim Tak Gu

There were many baking scenes in Baker King, reporter asked what’s Joo Won like in real life(concerning this)?

JW: “I love to cook. From young, my mother always said she wanted a daughter. But she has 2 sons. I was annoyed and wondered what’s wrong with sons? So I am always with my mother in the kitchen learning how to cook. I did those things just as a daughter would do. Learning to bake bread is very interesting. I learnt and tried (during the filming). When the sunbaes were filming, I would be in one corner, making bread. Red bean, (some unknown) bread, I tried them all. After I baked them, I will distribute them to the staff to eat. They all said: ‘You should go and open a bakery.’”(laughs)

Kissing Scene with Eugene in Baker King, Kim Tak Gu

JW: “I was very nervous. It’s not just the mouth-to-mouth kissing but I must also consider the camera angles. It must be able to give the viewers the (right) type of feeling. I realized it’s not easy. Not like the way we’d normally do. “

Reporter caught on and questioned : “Like the way we normally do? How do we normally do it?

JW: “People usually does such things whichever way they wish. (laughs).”

Reporter:” Looks like you filmed the kissing scenes many times.”

JW: “About 7 times. But after every kiss is a slap. “

Ojakgyo Brothers Forehead Flicking Scene

JW: “All these are real(referring to the forehead flicking scene). I just hit as I pleased. “

Reporter: “Both of you looked like you have a good relationship?”

JW: “Yes, we are quite close.”

Reporter: “ I heard you two are senior and junior in university?” JW: “I was her senior by 1 year.”

Reporter clicks on her ipad and says when we searched for Joo Won on the internet, Uee’s name will also appear. “I heard you invited Uee to the movie premier?”

JW: “When (SIU) heard that I was starring in Ojakgyo Brothers, they got very excited, especially Uhm Tae Woong. UTW wanted me to bring Uee to the premiere. When I finished filming OB and went over without bringing her, UTW whom I have not seen for some time (since SIU filming ended) asked me: ‘Where’s Uee?’ . How can he be like that?” (laughs)

Joo Won talks about how in school, people would come and look for him even those from other schools, because they heard he looks very much like Kang Dong Won. He says he is grateful but said he cannot compare with him(as in he is still lacking). Even now, when he walks on the street, people would come up to him and exclaimed “Kang Dong Won!” (laughs)

Reporter and Joo Won arrives at some nice place in Gangnam. They are both cycling.

JW: “This is the first time I am cycling with a girl.”

Reporter: “ Really? I am Joo Won’s first woman?” She was so happy and excited that she almost crashed into the hedge. Joo Won said he has never come to places like these for leisure, in fact he has only done so for work. Reporter asked him to pretend that he is not working and to treat her as his 1 day girlfriend. Joo Won said ok without any hesitation but later when she hugged his arm while sitting closely beside him on the swing, he looked uncomfortable. The Reporter asked if he feels “wronged”(it’s a Chinese word which I cannot find the appropriate English meaning in this context) and asked him to smile.

Later, he was asked to sing and he belt out a line presumably from a musical. His voice was so strong and loud that they showed pictures of the nearby hills shaking, LOL.

At lunch, the Reporter said the scenery is so beautiful that she does not need to eat. Joo Won piped: “But I am hungry.” So they started to eat.

Relationship

Joo Won said that the meal is delicious because he is eating it with a good person. Reporter was delighted and asked “Am I a good person?” Joo Won nodded and laughed. She went on to say that she heard his last relationship was 5 years ago. And is he dating now. He said No. Reporter asked if he feels lonely?

JW: “When I go home after filming has finished. (and) When I am filming and I checked my phone and no one has called me. I hate those feelings”

Reporter  said she heard that his ideal girl is the type who must be kind and  respectful towards elders. Joo Won said that’s the basic but recently there are very few people who do it. When he sees such situation, he gets very angry. Then he burst out laughing because he said he sounded so fierce. He went on to say appearance does not matter. The best would be that the personality and the appearance match. The Reporter got very excited and said she fits the bill. To which Joo Won continued: “She must not have too much of an outstanding trait”(taking a jab at the Reporter, LOL. That’s when the dark clouds appeared and rained on her.) She said to herself “I know I have too outstanding traits.” Then Joo Won got apologetic and reached his hand out to hers(aaww….you killer!) :”Please don’t be too upset.” (ROFLMAO).  Joo Won said “ Does love just arise abruptly? It’s unpredictable, is it? Does it just walked into my heart like that? Hmm…It does not seem possible.” Reporter said she understood. Ends off with him asking for viewers to support him in his new movie Special Investigation Unit.

English translation from Chinese subs : mrdimples@soompi

• Replies 58k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

@stearly
Would I be counted as number 3? I am not at all upset with his hair. Of course it's not the best ever on him but still. He looks good especially how he looked in it in the recent ep of 1N2D. @coolreborn - why don't you imagine that's how his hair would look like after a wild make out session? Gosh, I have to even use Moat Lingo? 
As for the Ladder pic, my immediate reaction was to see if I could expand the picture.
To see if there's any splinter poking out......................what did you think I was looking for? 

oh there seems to be an interview for that Joo Won On A Ladder pic. Shall I translate it, it's very long. I mean the interview. Gosh. 
-edit- Yeah! @mojobobo said she will do this translation and let me concentrate on finding that splinter

mrdimples said: @stearly
Would I be counted as number 3? I am not at all upset with his hair. Of course it's not the best ever on him but still. He looks good especially how he looked in it in the recent ep of 1N2D. @coolreborn - why don't you imagine that's how his hair would look like after a wild make out session? Gosh, I have to even use Moat Lingo? 
As for the Ladder pic, my immediate reaction was to see if I could expand the picture.
To see if there's any splinter poking out......................what did you think I was looking for? 

• Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]
  • Guest unfeatured this topic