Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Father's Day with Joo Won  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most fun father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  2. 2. Who is the strictest father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  3. 3. In which drama do you wish that Joo Won’s character should be closer to his dad? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice
    • My Sassy Girl
    • Yong Pal
    • Naeil’s Cantabile
    • Good Doctor
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant
    • Bridal Mask
    • Ojakgyo Family
    • King of Baking, Kim Takgu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/23/2021 at 11:41 AM

Joo Won 'Good Doctor' got a good grade... 15% for the second episode

6776_1.jpg
KBS new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Good Doctor' recorded 15% of viewing rate, making production crews surprised. The second episode of 'Good Doctor' aired on 6th recorded 14.0% of viewing rate. It is 3.1% more than the first broadcast(10.9%). For this 'Good Doctor' kept the top between dramas in the same time. This day MBC 'Goddess of Fire' recordes 11.6%, and SBS 'Golden Empire' recorded 11.0%. This day there was a conflict between Park Si-On(Joo Won) who became a resident, overcoming hardships, and Kim Do-Han(Joo Sang-Wook) the best paediatric surgeon. The viewers enthusiastically reacted, saying ‘Well made story, videos with high tension, and great performance of actors… This is triple with harmony. It is natural to be a box office hit’ ‘It is so dynamic. I couldn’t leave the seat’ ‘Joo Won and Joo Sang-Hyuk show the best performance’ ‘It is a masterpiece again. There is no poor actor in this drama.’
http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=6776
  • Replies 58k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

class="content-title" Park Ki Woong Compliments Joo Won’s Acting in “Good Doctor” sherryxkim August 6, 2013 0 Comments Park Ki Woong Compliments Joo Won’s Acting in “Good Doctor”

Actor Park Ki Woong recently praised Joo Won on his acting for KBS2 drama “Good Doctor,” according to Sports World News.

Park Ki Woong

On August 5, Park Ki Woong tweeted a picture with the caption, “Add a great director, a great cast, and a great story together, and it equals one great product. I got really excited while watching the first episode. Applause for the production staff that allowed these characters to show their diversity! ‘Good Doctor,’ hwaiting! I know since I’ve acted the part of a similar character, but Joo Won, you’ve done a much better job than this hyung. Good job.”

“Good Doctor” aired its first episode on August 5. Joo Won plays the character of Park Si On, an autistic doctor with Savant Syndrome. Joo Won talked to himself, hunched over, and there was no sparkle in his eye. Park Ki Woong must have been really impressed by Joo Won’s acting.

Netizens commented, “Is ‘Good Doctor’ that good?” “If Park Ki Woong complimented Joo Won like that, Joo Won must have done a perfect job,” and “I watched it, and I know what he means.”

fr Soompi News

mrdimples said:
I was caught by surprise when in episode 2, Si On failed big time in the operating theatre. None of the calmness and steadfast manner in which he handled the emergency at the train station happened. Nor did he looked like the surgeon he imagined himself to be when he was playing the surgery through his mind outside the Operating Theatre in ep 1. So, can Si On really control his autistic tendencies when placed in a difficult situation? Can he become a surgeon? I am glad that the drama did not just make Si On perform a miraculous operation on that patient and say "Tah Da!" to Dr Kim and the naysayers. They showed that under stress, Dr Park is still incapable of being in the Operating Theatre, no matter what a genius he is.   

@stearly: Thank you so much, I cant agree with you more He can make me smile and right after he can make me cry.
I watched this part over and over again, it's really funny :) Cutie 's adorable in this scene, rite?
2cb.gif

Just thoughts that suddenly came up my mind. This might come true or not, its a drama, things happen not always in the way that I think of it.

I watched the second episode with English Sub, Cutie is really Daebak. The story is quite interesting. And I think I'm going to like Dr. Kim's character. I think he will be one of the people who will push Shi On into a good doctor that he will be. He is already messing up Shi On's set of schedule, making it more random, like the "normal" people randomness. He wants him to realize how to be a normal, not be accepted as normal, but himself, Shi On, the normal person. I like when he became critical of Shi On' having a Savant syndrome. It is true, even how genius Shi On is, he can never really operate in the real capacity of a doctor like Dr. Kim. If Dr. Kim will succeed in guiding Shi On to be a doctor that can really control his autistic tendencies, then we will going to have a super genius doctor with a good heart. Little by little, by disrupting Shi On's regular thinking of having a set of rules to follow, like the mechanical ways that he travel, normal people don't travel like that, I think Dr. Cha will also help in this manner.  Dr. Kim is correct, the Shi On today is like a robot... now its time for him to make it un - robot. I think Shi On will realize it little by little, as we know, even autistic person have feelings inside that they also process, they just need to learn to control and manage their autistic behaviour, learn to control situations... and I hope they will show Shi On going up to those bullies. :D Use the scalpel karate chop Dr. Park!!!!

zrj.png

How will Dr. Park take care of the patient with his heart while saving the patient... Ah... my mind. Isn't it why the doctor wants to save the patient because he have a heart? Or in Dr. Park case, he already have a heart and wants to save the patient, he is just not doing or expressing it right since he express things differently. Awwww.....

The defining moment when Dr. Kim realizes things about Dr. Park, maybe he is already thinking on how to help him eh, I smell bromance... *sniffs*

pyls.png

ghpm.png

And I wonder, maybe he is also thinking of his brother, sometimes I want to think of what past he have with his dead brother. Is his brother autistic and because of that, he died? Or the cause of his brother's death is from autistic child, you know, he helped the child and got killed in the process... dang, am I now thinking like a makjang writer. *sighs* Hope they will get on with this one next week.

The things we do for love. Shi On had became a son to Dr. Choi. I just hope he will not pay so much more for Shi On's sake... and drama gods, don't go to the line where this good man have to die... dang it, I will not forgive you!!!! I want him to see Shi On becoming the doctor that he wants to be.

8zrg.png

I like the two screencaps, this shows that Dr. Park can have concentration and can really look with no autistic signs on him. I hope we can see him more like this, it will only show that he is able to surpass his own autistic tendencies. Maybe he is learning eh.

z99u.png

vcf0.png

Ah, Joo Won, you owned Dr. Park's charrie. You are our Dr. Park Shi On. I love you Dr. Park  :x

to you all here i just finished watching epi 2 & once again he was awesome! i can see a best actor award for him plus best couple as well! whoever did the casting in this drama shld be commended for, JW is just perfect for this role as So in or Park So In his facial expression let alone his acting as an autistic person spoke volumes! soooooooooooooooooooo impressed to da max! he's just gifted with his excellent acting skills! luv his voice too!

@tablohigh i can't find the msg u got for me so sorry i can't even respond to it, i tried to surf the pages here to no avail! anyway, thnx whatever it might be!!

hello to all & i'm surely enjoying spazzing here :)

tablohigh said: hello!  hehe  it's just something I made long ago when I was trying out making a graphic.  I am always glad to meet another EH fan.  I'm a bit late with JW...loved him in Bridal Mask.  I will be checking a lot since I'm so excited about his new drama.  And, I've been spazzing quite a lot lately over JW.  heh heh  <3

not sure if this has been posted here yet but it won't hurt to hv a duplicate right ladies?

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Good Doctor" Episode 2

2013/08/06 | 1040 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

Share on reddit 4

photo334953.jpg

Cliffhangers normally have a pretty cynical bend to them, and the first episode of "Good Doctor" was no exception, with Shi-On awkwardly standing over Yoon-Seo's bed, brushing his teeth while she wakes up. Corny as this set up is, we quickly get another excellent glimpse into Shi-On's character. Even though Yoon-Seo is normally the focused victim in the context, Shi-On is obviously at a complete loss as to what he's supposed to be doing.

I really love Joo Won's performance in these scenes, because he very much acts like a man who's had to deal with these awkward encounters his whole life. Shi-On does not act exuberantly or exaggeratedly, but rather quite the opposite. He just stands quietly, politely, and avoiding doing anything. Shi-On figured out some time ago that being proactive in unfamiliar social situations just gets him into more trouble, so he just waits patiently for someone to give him more specific intructions.

The contrast between Shi-On and pretty much any other fictional character in a similar situation is very striking. He acts weird, but is so deliberately subdued that it's genuinely difficult to get him embroiled in any kind of serious conflict. Shi-On compensates for his tendency to offend other people by not letting himself be offended by anything. He'll take nearly any query or request at its most literal value regardless of whether his assumptions make any logical sense. This lack of struggle is intriguing- it's the exact opposite of what's normally portrayed in stories about outsiders breaking into the establishment. And yet it's extremely true to life, because that's exactly what outsiders do. Try, to the best of their ability, to appear normal.

The only issue where Shi-On is completely unwilling to be polite on is when it comes to saving human lives. But the rest of his character is so underspoken that even this aspect takes on a weirdly nonconfrontational note. There's no angry speeches or personal tension- just a heavily concerted effort to save lives as quickly as possible. Shi-On quickly reverts back to his normal self once he's convinced the genuine crisis has been resolved.

Everything about Shi-On is quite interesting- unfortunately, the fact that his best character traits revolve around a lack of conflict puts "Good Doctor" in an awkward place, because a story needs actual conflict to really be interesting. So far Joo Won's performance is all that's really grabbing me emotionally. Hopefully the rest of the cast, who so far have mainly just functioned as archetypes, will be able to move the story in a more interesting direction soon.

Review by William Schwartz

"Good Doctor" is directed by Ki Min-soo, written by Park Jae-beom-I and features Joo Won, M
Guest Viktória Cseri

Greeting from Hungary,
i am an European Joo Won's fan ^^ I love the Good Doctor.I am work long time with autistic children and i think his game awesome~~~~
Very cute and great actor!!!!!   :x

class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"@hibiscus23   yea I didn't care too much for the female lead in BM either.  he just stole my heart when he cried and I haven't been able to look away since.  I feel like he understands his role deeper than other people.  that is true...right?  heh  I also started watching 1N2D because of him and was so shocked with what I saw.  :D
I really need to see Ojakgyo too.  I heard so much about that drama.  As for Baker King...I did watch into it but I seem to have trouble accepting that he has to be the bad guy.  :( 
Sorry the font is weird.  I think I did something weird and it's not default anymore.  lol  What is default anyway.  :(

• Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]
  • Guest unfeatured this topic