Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Just thoughts that suddenly came up my mind. This might come true or not, its a drama, things happen not always in the way that I think of it.

I watched the second episode with English Sub, Cutie is really Daebak. The story is quite interesting. And I think I'm going to like Dr. Kim's character. I think he will be one of the people who will push Shi On into a good doctor that he will be. He is already messing up Shi On's set of schedule, making it more random, like the "normal" people randomness. He wants him to realize how to be a normal, not be accepted as normal, but himself, Shi On, the normal person. I like when he became critical of Shi On' having a Savant syndrome. It is true, even how genius Shi On is, he can never really operate in the real capacity of a doctor like Dr. Kim. If Dr. Kim will succeed in guiding Shi On to be a doctor that can really control his autistic tendencies, then we will going to have a super genius doctor with a good heart. Little by little, by disrupting Shi On's regular thinking of having a set of rules to follow, like the mechanical ways that he travel, normal people don't travel like that, I think Dr. Cha will also help in this manner.  Dr. Kim is correct, the Shi On today is like a robot... now its time for him to make it un - robot. I think Shi On will realize it little by little, as we know, even autistic person have feelings inside that they also process, they just need to learn to control and manage their autistic behaviour, learn to control situations... and I hope they will show Shi On going up to those bullies. :D Use the scalpel karate chop Dr. Park!!!!

zrj.png

How will Dr. Park take care of the patient with his heart while saving the patient... Ah... my mind. Isn't it why the doctor wants to save the patient because he have a heart? Or in Dr. Park case, he already have a heart and wants to save the patient, he is just not doing or expressing it right since he express things differently. Awwww.....

The defining moment when Dr. Kim realizes things about Dr. Park, maybe he is already thinking on how to help him eh, I smell bromance... *sniffs*

pyls.png

ghpm.png

And I wonder, maybe he is also thinking of his brother, sometimes I want to think of what past he have with his dead brother. Is his brother autistic and because of that, he died? Or the cause of his brother's death is from autistic child, you know, he helped the child and got killed in the process... dang, am I now thinking like a makjang writer. *sighs* Hope they will get on with this one next week.

The things we do for love. Shi On had became a son to Dr. Choi. I just hope he will not pay so much more for Shi On's sake... and drama gods, don't go to the line where this good man have to die... dang it, I will not forgive you!!!! I want him to see Shi On becoming the doctor that he wants to be.

8zrg.png

I like the two screencaps, this shows that Dr. Park can have concentration and can really look with no autistic signs on him. I hope we can see him more like this, it will only show that he is able to surpass his own autistic tendencies. Maybe he is learning eh.

z99u.png

vcf0.png

Ah, Joo Won, you owned Dr. Park's charrie. You are our Dr. Park Shi On. I love you Dr. Park  :x

to you all here i just finished watching epi 2 & once again he was awesome! i can see a best actor award for him plus best couple as well! whoever did the casting in this drama shld be commended for, JW is just perfect for this role as So in or Park So In his facial expression let alone his acting as an autistic person spoke volumes! soooooooooooooooooooo impressed to da max! he's just gifted with his excellent acting skills! luv his voice too!

@tablohigh i can't find the msg u got for me so sorry i can't even respond to it, i tried to surf the pages here to no avail! anyway, thnx whatever it might be!!

hello to all & i'm surely enjoying spazzing here :)

tablohigh said: hello!  hehe  it's just something I made long ago when I was trying out making a graphic.  I am always glad to meet another EH fan.  I'm a bit late with JW...loved him in Bridal Mask.  I will be checking a lot since I'm so excited about his new drama.  And, I've been spazzing quite a lot lately over JW.  heh heh  <3

not sure if this has been posted here yet but it won't hurt to hv a duplicate right ladies?

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Good Doctor" Episode 2

2013/08/06 | 1040 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

Share on reddit 4

photo334953.jpg

Cliffhangers normally have a pretty cynical bend to them, and the first episode of "Good Doctor" was no exception, with Shi-On awkwardly standing over Yoon-Seo's bed, brushing his teeth while she wakes up. Corny as this set up is, we quickly get another excellent glimpse into Shi-On's character. Even though Yoon-Seo is normally the focused victim in the context, Shi-On is obviously at a complete loss as to what he's supposed to be doing.

I really love Joo Won's performance in these scenes, because he very much acts like a man who's had to deal with these awkward encounters his whole life. Shi-On does not act exuberantly or exaggeratedly, but rather quite the opposite. He just stands quietly, politely, and avoiding doing anything. Shi-On figured out some time ago that being proactive in unfamiliar social situations just gets him into more trouble, so he just waits patiently for someone to give him more specific intructions.

The contrast between Shi-On and pretty much any other fictional character in a similar situation is very striking. He acts weird, but is so deliberately subdued that it's genuinely difficult to get him embroiled in any kind of serious conflict. Shi-On compensates for his tendency to offend other people by not letting himself be offended by anything. He'll take nearly any query or request at its most literal value regardless of whether his assumptions make any logical sense. This lack of struggle is intriguing- it's the exact opposite of what's normally portrayed in stories about outsiders breaking into the establishment. And yet it's extremely true to life, because that's exactly what outsiders do. Try, to the best of their ability, to appear normal.

The only issue where Shi-On is completely unwilling to be polite on is when it comes to saving human lives. But the rest of his character is so underspoken that even this aspect takes on a weirdly nonconfrontational note. There's no angry speeches or personal tension- just a heavily concerted effort to save lives as quickly as possible. Shi-On quickly reverts back to his normal self once he's convinced the genuine crisis has been resolved.

Everything about Shi-On is quite interesting- unfortunately, the fact that his best character traits revolve around a lack of conflict puts "Good Doctor" in an awkward place, because a story needs actual conflict to really be interesting. So far Joo Won's performance is all that's really grabbing me emotionally. Hopefully the rest of the cast, who so far have mainly just functioned as archetypes, will be able to move the story in a more interesting direction soon.

Review by William Schwartz

"Good Doctor" is directed by Ki Min-soo, written by Park Jae-beom-I and features Joo Won, M

Guest Viktória Cseri

Greeting from Hungary,
i am an European Joo Won's fan ^^ I love the Good Doctor.I am work long time with autistic children and i think his game awesome~~~~
Very cute and great actor!!!!!   :x

class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"@hibiscus23   yea I didn't care too much for the female lead in BM either.  he just stole my heart when he cried and I haven't been able to look away since.  I feel like he understands his role deeper than other people.  that is true...right?  heh  I also started watching 1N2D because of him and was so shocked with what I saw.  :D
I really need to see Ojakgyo too.  I heard so much about that drama.  As for Baker King...I did watch into it but I seem to have trouble accepting that he has to be the bad guy.  :( 
Sorry the font is weird.  I think I did something weird and it's not default anymore.  lol  What is default anyway.  :(

tablohigh said: class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"@hibiscus23   yea I didn't care too much for the female lead in BM either.  he just stole my heart when he cried and I haven't been able to look away since.  I feel like he understands his role deeper than other people.  that is true...right?  heh  I also started watching 1N2D because of him and was so shocked with what I saw.  :D
I really need to see Ojakgyo too.  I heard so much about that drama.  As for Baker King...I did watch into it but I seem to have trouble accepting that he has to be the bad guy.  :( 
Sorry the font is weird.  I think I did something weird and it's not default anymore.  lol  What is default anyway.  :(

@Victoria, Hello dear!!! Welcome to Joo Won's thread. Wah, Joo Won's fans are really diverse, I am glad Joo Won's love is all around. :D

I am glad he is doing great in portraying a person with autism. My heart always go out with him in this drama, his character,  I just want to hug him but also want to let him go and explore life - lol, I am sounding like a mother hen here. :D

Enjoy your stay here dear. And see you around. And please, if you can give as more insights about how autistic people can really act normal, like what they want Shi On to be, I hope you will.

tablohigh said: class="H" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"@hibiscus23   yea I didn't care too much for the female lead in BM either.  he just stole my heart when he cried and I haven't been able to look away since.  I feel like he understands his role deeper than other people.  that is true...right?  heh  I also started watching 1N2D because of him and was so shocked with what I saw.  :D

I see a lot of you moaties here have camped out at GD Thread too! ^^

I sooooo can't wait for Monday too @farbarri! I guess this will be a time where a lot would be waiting for Monday to come and not dreading it. Ahh the effect of Joo Won and a good drama.

mrdimples said:

I was caught by surprise when

in episode 2, Si On failed big time in the operating theatre. None of

the calmness and steadfast manner in which he handled the emergency at

the train station happened. Nor did he looked like the surgeon he

imagined himself to be when he was playing the surgery through his mind

outside the Operating Theatre in ep 1. So, can Si On really control his

autistic tendencies when placed in a difficult situation? Can he become a

surgeon? I am glad that the drama did not just make Si On perform a

miraculous operation on that patient and say "Tah Da!" to Dr Kim and the

naysayers. They showed that under stress, Dr Park is still incapable of

being in the Operating Theatre, no matter what a genius he is.   

i was surprised as well, since his great control at the train station is nowhere to be found. i guess the seriousness and his emotion at the operation theater is far different than when he is at the station. at the station, he took control for there was no one there to stop him from doing what he intends to do. whereas his every move at the theater was met with disapproving eyes and shouts from his colleagues. so his nervousness increase.

i'm hoping that in the future, there will be a time when they let him conduct the surgery, but after he has calmed down. they would be able to see how great he is at the operating theater. :D

@raine from GD thread posted this in her recaps/review

". Do-han yells and the stress gets to Si-on whose mannerisms start to manifest: extreme fidgeting, some stuttering, shuffling. He has no way to re-direct the energy. He just knows what needs to be done and that someone is yelling and preventing him from doing what he knows is right. This is what I worried about. He needs guidance. A guardian would be good, at least to start with. An aide"

I think a couple of people have been wondering how come the PSO in the train station who took charge of the accident, was so different to the nervous, fidgety PSO in the operating room and I think @rained explained it well.

------

Hi to all newbies! Sorry I can't personally welcome all (been using my fone lately and it's really hard to backtrack). @viktória it just amazes me how Joo Won's got fans from all over the world. From Asia to America and now we have one from Hungary! Now I'm really curious on What made you hungry for our cutie? Was it Gaksital? Ojakgyo? Baker King? L7CS? 1n2d?

Anyways, enjoy spazzing here and meeting cuties's gf/lover/mistress/woman/wife/noona/dongsaeng/yeojachingu/admirer ! ^^

Oohh btw, can I'll be claiming "Joo Won's Soulmate"

@coolreborn eonni or anyone else (I joined soompi just to spazz about cutie. So idk about lots of stuff about this. See how i don't even change my siggy. Haha.) how do I change my status from member to Joo Won's soulmate?

Thanks in advance! ^_~

-EDIT- ok already got it. Well that was easy! Hahaha! Ahh things we do for Cutie! :P

Hey everybody, I just finished watching two episodes in English subtitles and what can I say - I loved it and at the same time I did find some small issues but overall I am happy this is a different story being portrayed in Korean dramas. Though I do love rom-coms off lately seeing some of them ticks me off so I am looking into those dramas which have different stories. And I am so glad Good Doctor fits the bill.
Well my thoughts on the drama so far:
This being a Korean drama the setting for this is primarily based on the concept that in Korean society kids represent the wealth and prosperity of their family. So if any kids have deformities or behavioral defects  that are out of the ordinary from their parents, they are to a certain extent shunned. So the reflections which we see in the board of directors meeting to accept PSO as a resident actually shows the general reaction of the Korean society.

Secondly, I love all the roles played so far but I am feeling Dr. Kim Do Han at the moment. The agitation of KDH I think many have assumed to be anger but I think otherwise. The field of Paediatric Surgery seems to be some kind of adrenaline or driving force for him that wants to correct a mistake he did a long time back and he feels maybe being a doctor he can correct that one mistake. Essentially PSO and Dr. Do Han are on the same line only the way they approach their final goal is different. So I would say his reaction to PSO has woken up something in him which was dormant for a very long time.
Thirdly, as per Chief Director Choi Woo Seok while he was recommending PSO, he clearly mentions that his autistic tendencies can be treatable. So the committee are aware of his disability and are gonna use that in outing of Director Choi. So in a way their shouting and yelling are trying to put Shi On in a state of duress for him to make more errors. They are aware of his weak points and manipulating that the power play strategy has been deployed. I can say hospital politics is extremely distressing and frustrating since my mother who has been working as a Head Nurse for the past 15 years (and as a nurse for 37 years) has been in and out of situations with "big shots" trying to play dirty. The irony was she was terminated for something wrong she had reported (of a senior level doctor) but she found another job in two months. The manager who terminated her lost his job in the next month and winded up in the same hospital where she just started working. So believe me the dirty games which happens in a hospital set up really happens and the pawns in this game happens to be persons who do not have anyone to back them up or attack will be on their backers which the "big shots" wanna really oust but they hit on these pawns. My mom got terminated additionally because she was an obedient subordinate to a doctor whom the manager hated. So from the narrative of the hospital politics I can really understand.
I loved both the roles played by Joo Won and Moon Chae Won. But the thing that worries me the most the scriptwriter being a male would may or may not show justice to female characters (*coughs*this is what happened in L7CS). So I just wondered whether she realised after interacting with Joo Won he is having signs of autism or not because after stepping out of their house she seemed miffed with the idea of him ignoring her when he was reciting directions. I went through the blog of Raine and I have to agree with this thought that Yoon Seo sent Shi On to get a missing ingredient to a shop close by when his process of rehabilitation for autism is not complete. Ideally he should feel lost but he didn't. I so want this drama to hit the high notes but being mindful there are a lot of skeptics who are watching it simultaneously is kinda freaking me out. 
Anyways leaving all that everyone did superb acting and I don't know how many times hot tears streamed from my eyes when I saw Shi On celebrating his birthday alone and when he imagined his brother comforting him. You can see what are the things that matter to him. I am assuming (and maybe I might cry a lot) Shi On might cry or express frustration when one of the kids he is trying to save might die (I hope it is not the baby from ep 3).
I had wanted to post this picture from yesterday when GD had finished airing. It was Hancinema's selection drama for this week:

GD_zpsd6bcde44.png

Cr: Hancinema

@moonandhearts. Ya!!! You just saw the word soulmate and now you want to be one. :)) Now people will be claiming many more positions right now... When will the time when I will see Joo Won's pet, Joo Won's slave, Joo Won's Teacher, Joo Won's maid, Joo Won's Nurse, etc. etc. Just don't take up Joo Won's cat, I am both his lover and his pet cat :D I want to be stroke by that sexy hand every microsecond.

As I posted last time, I think Dr. Kim will play a big factor in guiding Shi On to be a doctor. And I think Dr. Cha will be the one to handle the emotional side. I am so glad Shi On will be going to be surrounded by people that will love him, but of course their will be lots of antagonists who will want to bring him down  and the people that cares for him and bring out the worst (autism side) in him. Be ready for more heartbreaking moment... I think I need to buy tissue, I seem to consume the last batch that I bought. :D