Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Father's Day with Joo Won  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most fun father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  2. 2. Who is the strictest father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  3. 3. In which drama do you wish that Joo Won’s character should be closer to his dad? (choose as many as you want)

• Alice
    • My Sassy Girl
    • Yong Pal
    • Naeil’s Cantabile
    • Good Doctor
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant
    • Bridal Mask
    • Ojakgyo Family
    • King of Baking, Kim Takgu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/23/2021 at 11:41 AM

• Replies 58k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

“Good Doctor”  Joo Won’s acting is supported by sunbaes

h5e9.jpg

The press conference of KBS2 Mon/Tue drama “Good Doctor” was held in the Mary Hall of St Mary Hospital in Seoul on 31 July, Joo Won revealed “ I am doing my best with support of hyung and noona”.

Joo Won is playing a young man Park Shi On who has savant syndrome with developmental disorder prone to autism.  The story is about how he goes through the process to overcome the prejudice from the world and to become a paediatrician.   Joo Won said, “this is a character which any actor wants to play.  It is hard to play an autistic-oriented person who memorizes and spits out medical jargon as fast as the speed of a computer.  Because there isn’t any role model of a character with autistic tendency, it is a burden to make a new character.   It is not to the extent like getting hair loss due to stress in “Gaksital”.  As there is no correct answer to acting, it is very hard.  However the sense of burden is gradually being eased off from support of PD and sunbaes, their compliments  become my strength and I can do my acting passionately."

Co-stars Joo Sang Wook highly praises Joo Won for his acting ability “In the beginning, I was interested to see how Joo Won was going to express.  Even he was concerned about it but the Shi On he plays is leading up to loveliness and sympathy.  It looks like the purity which Joo Won possesses plays a big role.”

The premiere episode of “Good Doctor” will be broadcast at 10pm on 5 August after  “Shark”.

Source and credit  http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=170282

Side note:  Joo Won did not have a hair loss, it is Joo Sang Wook who is suffering from hair loss on the back of his head due to stress from filming "Ten 2" and now "Good Doctor".  He is currently receiving treatment once a week.http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=170258
I guess you may be able to find relative news in his soompi thread.
Guest jjsweeter0211

Joo Won Was Mistaken as Kang Dong Won by Fans

These are the problems that arise when you’re ridiculously good looking.

In a recently recording of KBS’ Happy Together, Joo Won appeared along with the handsome cast of KBS’ upcoming drama, Good Doctors

41134296.jpg

Nicknamed Kang Dong Won’s doppelganger, Joo Won shared a time when fans rushed over to him, thinking he was the actor himself. 

He explained that he went to a concert when one fan yelled, “It’s Kang Dong Won!” causing a large crowd of fans to surround him. 

“The female students really thought I was Kang Dong Won and took my bag and hat,” said Joo Won on the startling event. “My friend, who was with me at the time, was so shocked that he naturally began to protect me, causing the fans to believe he was the manager and I was really Kang Dong Won. More fans rushed towards us.”

Kim Young Gwang, who was also a guest, shared that people thought he looked a bit like Lee Seung Gi. Upon the MC’s request, the model-turned-actor sang a snippet of Lee Seung Gi’s song. 

The episode will air on August 1. 

Photo Credit: Elle, Edwin

jjsweeter0211 said:

Joo Won Was Mistaken as Kang Dong Won by Fans

These are the problems that arise when you’re ridiculously good looking.

In a recently recording of KBS’ Happy Together, Joo Won appeared along with the handsome cast of KBS’ upcoming drama, Good Doctors

Nicknamed Kang Dong Won’s doppelganger, Joo Won shared a time when fans rushed over to him, thinking he was the actor himself. 

He explained that he went to a concert when one fan yelled, “It’s Kang Dong Won!” causing a large crowd of fans to surround him. 

“The female students really thought I was Kang Dong Won and took my bag and hat,” said Joo Won on the startling event. “My friend, who was with me at the time, was so shocked that he naturally began to protect me, causing the fans to believe he was the manager and I was really Kang Dong Won. More fans rushed towards us.”

Kim Young Gwang, who was also a guest, shared that people thought he looked a bit like Lee Seung Gi. Upon the MC’s request, the model-turned-actor sang a snippet of Lee Seung Gi’s song. 

The episode will air on August 1. 

Photo Credit: Elle, Edwin

I just watched the Chinese subbed video of Joo Won's interview on Baidu. Many of the points were covered in the article I translated yesterday and also in the above feature in innolife post by @manyearsago.

In addition, Joo Won shared that the subject matter is one of the most challenging. Many people in Korea do not understand what autism is. The image that comes to their minds is closer to the character his hyung, Hyun Joon(Shin Hyun Joon who played Kangsan in Bridal Mask)'s character Ki Bong in the movie <Barefoot Ki Bong>. Howvever, the fact is that autism is such a wide spectrum that each individual exhibit autistic behavior in different ways. When he first read the script, he also thought likewise and wondered if Si On suffers such a level of autism, how can he be a doctor? But to portray him as normal is also not possible.

Before he started filming this drama, he met up with some autistic people and were amazed by how "normal" they look and sound when they greeted him. This was a fresh revelation to him. He thinks that autistic people has most difficulty maintaining eye contact when they converse. During filming, he will listen to the PD and those around for guidance and fine tune his acting accordingly.

This confirms that besides the production team, writer, PD, Joo Won did his research and talked to autistic people first hand. I had guessed he had done do despite his workhorse schedule because we all know the type of actor he is. Still, it is satisfying to know that Joo Won, himself is very aware of of the misconceptions in regards with autism and how difficult it is to portray an autistic character because the spectrum is so wide. Some parts will no doubt be influenced by the writer and how the PD wants it to be and the rest will be up to the genius of this man. If the highlights video is anything to go by, I am already standing on my feet, giving him an ovation.

Guest mei8805

yeiiiiyyyyy!!!! Good news come today from @mrdimples and SIM Entertainment....  =D> <:-P <:-P <:-P Asian Fanmeet Tour of Joo Won...  =D> =D> i hope so @mrdimples that cutie will come to south east asia and hope he'll come to indonesia too @maymay  [-O< [-O<
@mrdimples thank u for the good news@maymay thanks for the information about cutie schedule.. we hope he can take care of his health and keep healthy even with his busy schedule for work everyday in a week.. @manyearsago thank u for the news about our cutie from yesterday press conference.. We know cutie can do it..! and he has his sunbae, PD and we're as his fans to be his strength in his acting, aren't we? ^_^thank u @jjsweeter0211 for the preview story of joo won in happy together.. ^_^
Have a nice day all..!like @maymay said let's 'Happy Together' tonight.. \(^.^)/화이팅 Cutie for all of your activities..!화이팅 for all of u'r activity too cutie lovers ..! 화이팅..!20121012000296_0.jpg(cr pic from :  http://img.newspim.com/content/image/2012/10/12/20121012000296_0.jpg)

Love u all  :x :x

Guest lilyperry

Ahhh..5pages..left......Awessome hightlight..Joo Won oppa..I want to express my feeling on your acting.Daebbak,aawesome,excellent,great.You're the only one meaningful actor for me.One time I crazied for the acting of Johny Deep and Robert Pattinson.But now..they are nothing...nothing...I think Joo Won was born to be an actor.Not for popular. :D

• Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]
  • Guest unfeatured this topic